1.
慣用口語句子:
It's a pity!
= What a pity!
真遺憾!
pit n. 可惜的事,憾事
I'm really disappointed in him.
我對他實在很失望。
I'm disappointed at this.
我對此感到很失望。
disappointed a. 失望的
be disappointed in sb.“對某人感到失望”
be disappointed at/with/about sth.“對某事物感到失望”
It's not what I expected.
= It's not what I had in mind.
= It's not what I hoped for.
這不是我期望的。
I expect something more.
我的期望比這要高/多。
It's not as good as I expected.
這不如我期望的好。
I didn't get what I expected for.
我沒有得到我想要的。
It was a waste of effort.
真是白費力氣。
All my efforts went down the tubes.
我的努力全白費了。
go down the tubes“失敗,完蛋”
“a waste of...”表示“對…的浪費”,一般后面會接time,money,effort,energy這一類詞。
What a disappointment!
= What a letdown!
真讓人失望!
disappointment n. 失望,令人失望的人或事
letdown n. 失望,令人失望的人或事
How disappointing!
太令人失望了!
disappointing a. 令人失望的
You didn't match up to my expectations.
你沒有達到我對你的期望。
expectation n. 期望,希望
match up to“符合,與…一致”
You let me down.
你讓我失望了。
let sb.down“使某人失望”
I felt lonely and hopeless.
我感到孤獨而絕望。
lonely a. 孤獨的,寂寞的
I'm in despair.
我絕望了。
I begin to despair.
我開始絕望了。
I despair of him.
我對他絕望了。
despair n. & v. 絕望
It can't be helped.
實在沒辦法了。
There's nothing l can do with it.
我沒辦法了。
It's over!
完了!