2.實用對話
Expressing Depression表示抑郁與沮喪
Tom: I feel very depressed and don't feel like doing anything.
湯姆:我感到非常沮喪,而且提不起精神做任何事。
Alice: Is something wrong?
愛麗絲:怎么啦?
Tom: My girlfriend and I just broke up. We had a big fight and now she won't talk to me.
湯姆:我女朋友剛和我分手了。我們大吵了一架,她現在不和我說話了。
Alice: Forget about her. Don't think about it too much. Having a girlfriend isn't everything.
愛麗絲:忘了她吧。不要想得太多。女朋友并不是你的一切。
Tom: I don't want to forget her. In fact, I can't stop thinking about her.
湯姆:我不想忘了她。事實上,我也做不到不想她。
Alice: You should try to forget her. If you keep thinking about her, you'll just end up feeling even worse than you do now, and right now it looks like you feel pretty bad.
愛麗絲:你應該試著把她忘掉。如果你不住地去想她的話,你最后的感覺會比現在還糟,其實你現在看上去就已經很糟了。
Tom: It's just that I love her so much. She said she loves me too. So I don't understand how she can be like this.
湯姆:只是我太愛她了。她也說過她很愛我的。真不知道她現在怎么變成這個樣子了。
Alice: If you really do love her, you're just going to have to respect her choice, and wait for her to call you.
愛麗絲:如果你真的愛她的話,就要尊重她的選擇,等著她給你打電話。
Tom: Maybe you are right.
湯姆:也許你是正確的。
Alice: There really are plenty of other fish in the sea.
愛麗絲:天涯何處無芳草啊。
Tom:I know.
湯姆:我知道。