2.實用對話
Making Requests請求
Monitor: Kate, could you do me a favor?
班長:凱特,你能幫我個忙嗎?
Kate: What's that? I can help with just about anything.
凱特:什么事啊?我一定幫忙。
Monitor: Stay and clean the classroom.
班長:留下來打掃教室。
Kate: Why me? Just get Arthur to do it. He won't care. He loves to help.
凱特:為什么要我做?你可以讓亞瑟干嘛,他不在乎的,他很樂于助人。
Monitor: But just now you said you'd help.
班長:可剛才你說一定幫忙的呀?
Kate: That was before I knew what you wanted. Ask Arthur.
He's a saint. He'll do whatever you ask him to.
凱特:那是在我知道你想讓我幫什么忙之前。問問亞瑟吧。像亞瑟這樣的圣人,你讓他干什么都行。
Monitor: But Arthur did that last time.
班長:但是亞瑟上次已經干過了呀。
Kate: Yeah, but he still won't say no to you. Besides, you could even ask Casper if you wanted to.
凱特:是的,不過他不會拒絕你的。此外,你還可以讓凱斯帕干嘛
Monitor: But you're the only one who has never done it. I think it's about time you contributed to your class. Everyone has
to take a tum, and it's yours.
班長:但你是惟一沒有打掃過衛生的人。我覺得你該為班里做點貢獻了 每人都該輪一遍,這次輪到你了。
Kate: Yeah, OK. You're right, I'll help. But next time just ask one of the boys to help.
凱特:是的,好吧。你說得對,我應該幫忙。但下次還是叫一個男孩子來干吧。