1.慣用口語句子:
It might be a good idea if you get a part-time job.
你找個兼職干倒不錯。
I advise you to get a part-time job.
我建議你找個兼職工作
I think maybe you should go on a diet.
我看你也許應該節食。
go on a diet“節食”
I don't think you should keep silent.
我認為你不應該保持沉默。
silent a. 沉默的,無聲的
Have you considered arranging a birthday party for your wife?
你考慮過要為你妻子舉辦一個生日聚會嗎?
consider v. 考慮,認為
“consider+動詞ing形式”表示“考慮做某事”
I'd like to suggest you should join our club.
我建議你加入我們的俱樂部。
suggest v. 建議
club n. 俱樂部
suggest表示“建議”時,其后所跟的從句要用“should+動語原形”的謂語結構,“should”可以省略;若不用從句,也可以跟名詞或動詞ing
結構。
You really ought to follow your doctor's advice.
你真應該聽醫生的話。
ought to“應該”
follow one's advice“聽從某人的建議”
You'd better talk it over with them.
你最好去跟他們好好談談。
talk over“詳盡地商議、商量”
I recommend wearing your red coat.
= I advise you to wear the red coat.
我建議你穿那件紅色的外套。
recommend v. 推薦,建議
recommend doing sth.和recommend sb. to do sth都可表示“建議做某事”。
If I were you, I would put off the meeting until next month.
如果我是你,我會把會議推遲到下個月。
put off“推遲,拖延”
“If I were you,I would+動詞原形”是一個表示與現實相反的虛擬語氣句型。
As I see it Bob is not fit for the position.
= From my point of view, Bob is not fit for the position.
依我看,鮑勃不適合這個職位。
position n. 職位
be fit for“適合”
Why don't you just go to bed and get up earlier?
你為什么不早睡早起呢?
go to bed“上床睡覺”
get up“起床”