DANNY MCNEIL: I don' t know what' s happened to your boss. 丹尼.麥克內爾:不知道你老板有什么事。
He knows I never start my meetings late. 他知道我從不晚開會的。
Do you want to wait here for Don or would you rather look around? 你要在這兒等堂還是四處走走?
Do you want to wait here for Don or would you rather look around?
愛德華.格林:如果你沒什么問題,我想四處走走。
DANNY MCNEIL: Good choice. 丹尼.麥克內爾:選的不錯。
DANNY McNEIL: Of course, I have two or three meetings a day with sales people like you.
丹尼.麥克內爾:當然,我每天和跟你一樣的銷售人員開2、3次會。
EDWARD GREEN It' s very good of you to see me. 愛德華.格林: 你能來看我真是太好了。
DANNY MCNEIL: I always talk to my suppliers myself--it' s the best way of working.
丹尼.麥克內爾:我一直跟我的供應商講--這是最佳的工作方式。
And I always prefer to bring them down here--they get a better idea of our operation.
并且我總是把他們帶到這里--他們會有更好的運營想法。
They must understand how we work. 他們必須明白我們是怎樣工作的。
Our success is based upon a certain formula. 我們的成功是有一定的規則的。
Whereas most supermarkets target individual territories, our products are pan-European.
盡管大多數超市把目標市場定在單個的區域,我們的產品是面向全歐洲的。
We always buy in the products with the best sales performance--products with a proven track record. 我們總是購買銷售最佳的產品--那些被證明有記錄的產品。
We look for the biggest discounts, and we usually get them. 我們尋求最大的優惠,通常我們也會得到最大的優惠。
DANNY MCNEIL: Mcneil. 丹尼.麥克內爾:麥克內爾。
DON BRADLEY: Danny, it' s Don Bradley here. 堂.布拉德利:丹尼,我是堂.布拉德利 。
DANNY MCNEIL: Good Morning, Don. 丹尼.麥克內爾:早上好, 堂。
I thought I was meeting you here. 我原以為會在這里跟你見面的。
DON BRADLEY: I' m sorry Danny. 堂.布拉德利:對不起,丹尼。
That was the plan, but I' m going to be late. 本來計劃是這樣的,但我會遲點。
This meeting is taking longer than expected. 這次會議比預期的要長。
DANNY MCNEIL: Oh. When can you get here? 丹尼.麥克內爾:哦。你什么時候可以到這里?
DON BRADLEY: I' ll be there as soon as I can. 堂.布拉德利:我會盡快趕到那里。
Is Edward with you? 愛德華跟你一起嗎? DANNY MCNEIL: He is. 丹尼.麥克內爾:他在。
DON BRADLEY: Could you start the meeting without me? 堂.布拉德利:你可以不要管我,開始開會嗎?
Edward knows the situation. 愛德華知道情況。 Oh, and can I have a quick word with him?
哦,我能跟他很快地說兩句嗎?
DANNY MCNEIL: I' ll pass the phone to him. 丹尼.麥克內爾:我會把電話給他。
DANNY McNEIL: Okay. It' s for you--it抯 Don Bradley, he抯 got a problem. 丹尼.麥克內爾:好的。找你的--是堂.布拉德利,他出點問題。
EDWARD GREEN: Oh, thanks. 愛德華.格林:哦,謝謝。
DANNY MCNEIL: Would you like a word in private? 丹尼.麥克內爾:你們要私下談嗎?
EDWARD GREEN: If you don' t mind.愛德華.格林:如果你不介意。
DON BRADLEY: Sorry Edward. 堂.布拉德利:抱歉,愛德華。
I' m stuck in a meeting here. 我還在這邊開會。
You' ll have to deal with Mcneil by yourself. 你得自己對付麥克內爾了。
EDWARD GREEN: Oh. 愛德華.格林:哦。
DON BRADLEY: Can you talk? 堂.布拉德利:你說話方便嗎?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes, he' s stepped away for a few minutes. 愛德華.格林:是的,他離開了幾分鐘。
Do you really want me to negotiate? 你真的想讓我談判?
Wouldn' t you rather postpone the meeting? 你不能推遲會議嗎?
DON BRADLEY: How do you feel about it? 堂.布拉德利:你認為呢?
EDWARD GREEN: I' m happy to go ahead, I think.
愛德華.格林:我認為,我會很高興可以繼續下去。
DON BRADLEY: You don' t sound sure. 堂.布拉德利:你語氣不是很肯定啊。 EDWARD GREEN: I' m not. 愛德華.格林:是不肯定。
DON BRADLEY: Look: we' ve talked about this negotiation.
堂.布拉德利:聽我說:我們談過這次談判。
You know the game plan. 你也知我們的計劃。
Do your best...I' ll be there as soon as I can. 盡力去做……我會盡快趕過去。
EDWARD GREEN: Okay Don. 愛德華.格林:好的,堂。
I' ll do what I can. See you later. 我會盡力的。稍后見。
DANNY MCNEIL: Okay? 丹尼.麥克內爾:好了?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes, thanks. 愛德華.格林:是的,謝謝。
DANNY MCNEIL: So Don can' t make it. 丹尼.麥克內爾:這么說堂趕不及了。 Oh well, right, what was I saying? 哦,好吧,我剛剛說到哪兒了?
Oh yes: discounts. 哦,對了:優惠。
EDWARD GREEN: We' re certainly happy to talk about possible discounts. 愛德華.格林:能談一下可能的優惠,我們是十分開心的。
DANNY MCNEIL: You see this? 丹尼.麥克內爾:你看到了嗎?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes. 愛德華.格林:是的。
DANNY MCNEIL: How many of these do you think we' ve sold in Europe in the last month? 丹尼.麥克內爾:你認為我們上個月在歐洲售出了多少?
EDWARD GREEN: 1,800 - 2,000. 愛德華.格林:1,800 - 2,000件。
DANNY McNEIL: We sell more than that weekly. 丹尼.麥克內爾:我們每周的銷售量都比這多。
EDWARD GREEN: How much do you sell it for? 愛德華.格林:你們的定價是多少呢?
DANNY MCNEIL: This retails in France for 130 FF--we sell it much cheaper--90FF.
丹尼.麥克內爾:這個在法國的零售價是130法郎--我們賣的很便宜--90法郎。 EDWARD GREEN: That' s very impressive. 愛德華.格林:很不錯嘛。
DANNY MCNEIL: I work on higher volumes and I have to move products faster than any other retailer. 丹尼.麥克內爾:我們做的是更大的量,我必須比其他的零售商工作要快。
That means I operate on smaller margins. 這就意味著我的利潤率很低。
And, I repeat, I expect the largest discounts in the industry. 我再次重復,我想要這行里最大的優惠。
A But over here--here' s a product that failed. 但,這兒--這個產品我們沒有成功。
We made a mistake with this one--of course, I didn' t select this one myself. 我們在這個產品上犯了錯--當然,這個不是我本人選的產品。
Right you' ve seen how our operation works. 好了,你也了解了我們的運作情況。
You know what I' m after. 你也知道我想要的是什么。
Let' s get down to business. 我們就公事公辦吧。
Would you prefer to talk here or in my office? 你愿意在這兒還是到我的辦公室談?
EDWARD GREEN: The office is fine. 愛德華.格林:到辦公室吧。
n. 談判,協商