DON BRADLEY: I' d like you to look at those figures: 堂.布拉德利:我想請大家看一下這些數字:As you can see, the maximum retail price for the Mark 2 must be 60. 正如大家所看到的,馬克二世的最高價格必須是60。 That means, that to keep our margins, our production costs must be no more than 14 per unit. 這就是說,為了保持我們的利潤,我們的生產成本每件一定不能超過14。
DEREK JONES: I' d rather have a retail price of 75. 德里克.瓊斯:我寧愿零售價是75。
I don' t believe that the Mark 2 can be produced for less than 18 per unit. 我認為馬克二世的單個生產成本不會低于18。
DON BRADLEY: That retail price is not a realistic option, Derek. 堂.布拉德利:這樣的零售價是不實際的,德里克。
We' ve done the research. 我們做過了調查。
DEREK JONES: But it' s not just a toy. This is a genuine breakthrough. 德里克.瓊斯:但這不只是個玩具。這是一項真正的突破。
DON: Derek... 堂:德里克……
DEREK JONES: Let me finish--this is a genuine breakthrough and the market will be prepared to pay a premium price for something that is so advanced. 德里克.瓊斯:讓我說完--這是個真正的突破,市場對某種如此先進的東西會有所準備的,他們會愿意出高價。
DON BRADLEY: Derek, let me... 堂.布拉德利:德里克, 讓我……
DEREK JONES: Just a minute. 德里克.瓊斯:等一下。
There is nothing like this on the market, we have to take a chance with it. 市場上沒有老的產品,我們得冒冒險。
CLIVE HARRIS: Derek, I don' d like arguing with you, but I have to agree with Don. 克萊夫.哈里斯:德里克,我不想跟你爭論,但我不同意你的看法。
I' m sorry, we can' t take the risk. 對不起,我們不能冒這個險。
I say we retail at 60 and produce at 14. 我的看法是零售價60,生產成本14。
DEREK JONES: No manufacturer will be able to produce the Mark 2 for 14 per unit and maintain the quality. 德里克.瓊斯:沒有哪家制造商能以單個成本14來生產馬克二世而又能保證質量。
CLIVE HARRIS: I would rather not decide anything now. 克萊夫.哈里斯:我不想現在就下決定。
DEREK JONES: I would like to show it to Hazelford Systems.
德里克.瓊斯:我想讓Hazelford系統公司的人看一下。
They might be able to produce it for 15 or 16. 他們或許能以15或16的單價生產。
KATE MCKENNA: Jenny, could you do something about this fax machine?
凱特.麥凱納:詹妮,你能解決一下這臺傳真機的問題嗎?
Phone the company, cancel the rental agreement and get the best deal you can from another firm. 給傳真機公司打電話,取消租賃協議,跟另外一家公司合作,盡力獲得最好的條件。
I' m sick of this. 我煩透這個了。
JENNY ROSS: Hello. This is Jenny Ross of Bibury Systems. 詹妮.羅斯:你好。我是Bibury系統公司的詹妮.羅斯 。
We hired a fax machine from you and I would like to cancel our rental agreement. 我們在你公司租了液體臺傳真機,我現在要取消租賃協議。
No, I' m sorry. 不,對不起。
I would rather just cancel the agreement ... 我只想取消協議……
No, we did ask you to send someone yesterday and it still isn' t working properly. 不,我們昨天確實要求你們派人來維修,但還是不能正常工作。
I' m sorry, but I have to say no. 對不起,我不得不說“不”。
Yes, if you could send someone to collect it tomorrow morning, please.
是的,請你明天上午派人來回收傳真機。
DANNY MCNEIL: Now let' s turn to the Big Boss. 丹尼.麥克內爾:現在我們談“大老板”的事情。
What is the soonest you can deliver? 你們最快什么時候可以交貨?
EDWARD GREEN: You can have the first five thousand units before the end of the month. 愛德華.格林:本月底前你可以得到首批5000件。
DANNY MCNEIL: I want ten thousand by the end of the month. 丹尼.麥克內爾:月底前我想要1萬件。
EDWARD GREEN: Well, Mr. Mcneil, that will be difficult, 愛德華.格林:麥克內爾先生,這太難了,
but as you have been so understanding over the question of price, I think we can arrange that. 不過鑒于你在價格問題上對我們的理解支持,我認為我們可以安排的。
DANNY MCNEIL: What about the balance of the order? 丹尼.麥克內爾:所訂購貨物之其余部分呢?
EDWARD GREEN: We can deliver that in three consignments over the following three months. 愛德華.格林:我們將在隨后的三個月里分三批交貨。
DANNY MCNEIL: I' d rather have everything delivered by the end of May. 丹尼.麥克內爾:我寧愿在5月底前你們交清所有貨物。
EDWARD GREEN: I can' t promise to do that, but I shall do my best. 愛德華.格林:我不能保證做到,不過我會盡力。
MS WONG: First of all, let me welcome all the representatives of Bibury Systems. 黃女士:先,讓我歡迎所有Bibury系統公司的代表。
I' d like to say that we at Hazelford Systems are delighted that you are considering us as a future supplier. 我想說,Hazelford系統公司很高興,你們考慮我們作為今后的供應湯。
Perhaps I could begin by checking that everyone has a copy of the agenda? 或許我該問一下各位是不是都有一份會議議程?
And I' d like to add one extra item, if I may ?could we discuss the question of exchange procedures after item four,
如果可以……,我想增加一條 ,我們能不能在第四項后討論交易流程的問題,
which looks at general payment conditions? 涉及大概的付款條件?
So let' s make a start. 那我們就開始了。
Mr. Jones, would you like to outline your position on the first item on the agenda: technological specifications? 瓊斯先生,請你大體描述一下對議程第一條:技術規范的看法,好嗎?
DEREK JONES: Thank you. 德里克.瓊斯:謝謝。
I think that we need to consider a couple of options when we look at this question... 我認為我們對這個問題應該要考慮幾個選擇……