FAX REP: So that' s fine. 傳真機代表:這樣就沒問題了。
You can sign the contract when we deliver the machine. 你們可以在我們送傳真機時再簽合同。
JENNY ROSS: How soon can we expect delivery? 詹妮.羅斯:要等多久能送到?
FAX REP: Well, would next Tuesday be convenient? 傳真機代表:下周二方便嗎?
JENNY ROSS: No, we really need it today. 詹妮.羅斯:不,我們今天就很需要。
FAX REP: I' m afraid that' s just not possible. 傳真機代表:恐怕,這是不可能的。
JENNY ROSS: Well, what is the earliest you can deliver? 詹妮.羅斯:那么,你們最早什么時候可以送到?
FAX REP: We can' t do it before Friday afternoon. 傳真機代表:我們在周五下午前不可能送到。
JENNY ROSS: Well, I' m afraid we really need the machine by tomorrow at the latest or I' m going to have to look elsewhere. 詹妮.羅斯:恐怕我們最遲明天就要,不行我去找別家了。
FAX REP: Okay, I' ll see what I can do. 傳真機代表:好的,我會看看我能做些什么。
JENNY ROSS: I' m sorry but that just isn' t good enough.
詹妮.羅斯:對不起,不過這還不夠。
I must have a guarantee of delivery by tomorrow. 我必須有明天交貨的保證。
FAX REP: I' ll need to speak to my boss. 傳真機代表:我要跟老板說。
Can I call you back in ten minutes? 我10分鐘后再打回給你,好嗎?
MS WONG: I' m sorry. 黃女士:對不起。
This is a very difficult situation. 這是個很難的形勢。
I understand your problem, but you must see our position. 我能理解你們的問題,但你也要看到我們的處境。
We think this is a very exciting project, 我們認為折射個很令人激動的項目,
but because we cannot find a compromise I' m afraid we can go no further. 但因為我們不能找到這種的辦法,恐怕無法再談下去了。
CLIVE HARRIS: We cannot go higher than 14 for 30,000 units. 克萊夫.哈里斯:我們生產3萬件的成本不能高于14。
That is our final offer. 這是我們最后的報價了。
MS WONG: But you must realise that at this price our margin is unacceptable. 黃女士:但你要認識到,我們的利潤是無法接受的。
So, I think we have covered all the items on today' s agenda, 我想我們已經談過了所有議程上的項目,
I am sorry that we have reached no solution on the final item which is the Mark 2 project. 很抱歉未能在最后 馬克二世這個項目達成解決方案。
Could I suggest that we adjourn for today and meet tomorrow morning at ten o' clock?
我建議今天的會議延期,我們明天上午10點再開,好嗎?
JENNY ROSS: Is Clive back yet? 詹妮.羅斯:克萊夫回來了嗎?
GERALDINE: He phoned about twenty minutes ago--said he was on his way. 杰拉爾丁:他大約20分鐘前打過電話--他說在路上了。
He didn' t sound very happy. 聽起來,他不怎么高興。
JENNY ROSS: Oh dear. 詹妮.羅斯:哦,天啊。
I wanted to ask him about taking a couple of days off. 我還想向他請幾天假呢。
GERALDINE: I' d suggest that you wait. 杰拉爾丁:我建議你還是等等。
I don' t think that... 我認為,不該……
GERALDINE: Oh, Mr. Harris there' s a message from... 杰拉爾丁:哦,哈里斯先生有你的留言,來自……
CLIVE HARRIS: Geraldine, I' m in a meeting with Derek. 克萊夫.哈里斯:杰拉爾丁,我在和德里克開會。
Hold all my calls. 我不接任何電話。
JENNY ROSS: I see what you mean! 詹妮.羅斯:明白了!
GERALDINE: I' ve never seen Derek look so angry. 杰拉爾丁:我還沒看過德里克這么生氣過。
What' s going on? 發生了什么事?
JENNY ROSS: I don' t know. 詹妮.羅斯:不知道。
Have they had an argument? 他們爭吵了嗎?
KATE MCKENNA:Well! That was an interesting journey! 凱特.麥凱納:好啊!!真是有趣啊!
Twenty minutes of total silence. 總共沉沒了20分鐘。
JENNY ROSS: What' s going on? 詹妮.羅斯:發生了什么事?
KATE MCKENNA: I think the word to describe the situation is"eadlock". 凱特.麥凱納:我想現在的情況可以用“僵局”來形容。
CLIVE HARRIS: Derek, you are being unreasonable. 克萊夫.哈里斯:德里克,你是在無理取鬧。
DEREK JONES: Me? Why won' t you move on fourteen? 德里克.瓊斯:我?你為什么不提到14?
CLIVE HARRIS: Derek, we have been through this. 克萊夫.哈里斯:德里克,關于這一點我們已經談過了。
We have agreed our negotiating position. 我們已經同意了談判的立場。
DEREK JONES: I have never agreed to this position. 德里克.瓊斯:我從未同意過這個立場。
We aren' t offering any flexibility. 我們不做任何調整。
They have to protect their margins. 他們一定要保護他們的利潤。
CLIVE HARRIS: Then we can' t do the project. 克萊夫.哈里斯:那么我們就不能做我們的項目了。
DEREK JONES: That' s your decision, is it? 德里克.瓊斯:這是你的決定,是嗎?
CLIVE HARRIS: Derek, I have no choice. 克萊夫.哈里斯:德里克,我別物選擇。
DEREK JONES: I'm sorry Clive. I can' t accept that. 德里克.瓊斯:對不起,克萊夫。我不能接受。
CLIVE HARRIS: What are you saying? 克萊夫.哈里斯:你說什么?
DEREK JONES: I' m giving in my resignation. 德里克.瓊斯:我要辭職。
CLIVE HARRIS: That' s ridiculous. 克萊夫.哈里斯:太荒謬了。
You' re tired. Sleep on it and we' ll talk in the morning. 你累了。先睡一覺,我們明早再談。