KATE MCKENNA: The Boss isn' t doing as well as we had hoped.
凱特.麥凱納:“大老板”銷售沒有我們預計的好。
We didn' t launch at the right time.
我們推出產品的時間不太合適。
I myself don' t think the market was ready for us.
我本人認為市場還不成熟。
Dealer Dan came later and cheaper...Maybe we should move downmarket in a couple of key territories.
“商人丹”推出的時間遲,價格又便宜…… 或許我們該在幾個主要地區把市場放在低收入消費者身上。
EDWARD GREEN: Excuse me, can I interrupt?
愛德華.格林:打擾一下,我能插一句嗎?
DON BRADLEY: Sure.
堂.布拉德利:當然。
EDWARD GREEN: I' ve just had a call from Danny Mcneil at Eromart.
愛德華.格林:我剛剛接到丹尼.麥克內爾的電話。
EDWARD GREEN: I' ve just had a call from Danny Mcneil at Eromart.
愛德華.格林:我剛剛接到丹尼.麥克內爾的電話。
KATE MCKENNA: Oh really?
凱特.麥凱納:哦,真的嗎?
EDWARD GREEN: He wants a meeting to discuss discounts.
愛德華.格林:他想開個會討論一下優惠的問題。
Although he' s talking about a substantial order, he wants better terms than I can authorise.
盡管他說的訂貨數量很大,但他要的條件已經超出了給我的授權。
Would you prefer to deal with him yourself?
你要不要親自處理?
DON BRADLEY: How larger a discount does he want?
堂.布拉德利:他要多大的優惠?
EDWARD GREEN: He didn' t say.
愛德華.格林:他不肯說。
But I think it' s higher than anything we' ve ever given before.
但我想比我們之前所有的優惠都高。
He loved the product, though.
不過,他到是喜歡這件產品。
I think he' s ready to negotiate.
我認為他是可以溝通的。
ON BRADLEY: I think it' s time that we worked on this together.
堂.布拉德利:我認為到了我們齊心協力做這件事情的時候了。
Do you agree?
你同意嗎?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes!
愛德華.格林:同意!
KATE MCKENNA: Edward, are you coming down to the workshop?
凱特.麥凱納:愛德華,你要來研發室嗎?
Derek wants to show us his latest idea.
德里克想給我們看一下他最新的想法。
EDWARD GREEN: Okay. I' ll join you later.
愛德華.格林:好的。我過會來。
DON BRADLEY: No, I think Derek wants to talk to the whole team.
堂.布拉德利:不,我認為德里克想告訴整個團隊。
Come on!
來吧!
KATE MCKENNA: Well, it' s a terrific idea, but how much will it cost to develop?
凱特.麥凱納:嗯,是個好注意,但生產出來要多少成本?
DEREK JONES: Not as much as you think.
德里克.瓊斯:不會比你想的多。
KATE MCKENNA: It will be too expensive.
凱特.麥凱納:會太貴的。
DEREK JONES: No, not really.
德里克.瓊斯:不,不會。
I have prepared a long, detailed, careful analysis of the development costs.
我已經準備了一份詳盡嚴謹的生產成本分析。
See for yourself.
你們自己看吧。
KATE MCKENNA: It will never sell.
凱特.麥凱納:銷路不會好。
Who' s the market for this?
誰是目標市場?
DEREK JONES: It is more upmarket than Big Boss but it will still appeal to kids as well as executives and office workers.
德里克.瓊斯:這比“大老板”還要接近高消費市場,但也會吸引兒童以及經理人和辦公室工作人員。
KATE MCKENNA: But that' s the problem Derek.
凱特.麥凱納:不過,德里克,這就是問題所在啊。
There' s no market focus.
沒有市場焦點。
Do you remember the Easirite two years ago?
你還記得兩年前的Easirite 嗎?
We had a beautiful well-designed but expensive product.
我們這款產品外表美觀、設計精美但價格太高。
It was great.
產品很不錯。
Parents and children could both use it.
家長和孩子們都用。
But could we sell it?
但我們有賣動嗎?
No, it failed because we hadn' t defined our market.
沒有,我們沒有成功就是因為沒有劃定市場。
DEREK JONES: But this is different.
德里克.瓊斯:但這款不同。
This is more fun than Easirite.
這個比Easirite還有趣。
DON BRADLEY: The costings look okay, but it has too many moving parts.
堂.布拉德利:生產費還好,不過活動的部件太多。
DEREK JONES: So does a car, but that seems to sell.
德里克.瓊斯:汽車也是這樣啊,還不是照賣不誤。
KATE MCKENNA: That' s not the point.
凱特.麥凱納:問題不在這里。
The more moving parts you have the more likely something will go wrong
活動的部件越多,出錯的可能性就越大。
DEREK JONES: I don' t agree.
德里克.瓊斯:我不同意。
DON BRADLEY: Let' s just hold on a second and think about this.
堂.布拉德利:我們先等等,仔細考慮一下。
Derek, you like the concept and think it will sell; Kate, you can' t see a market for it.
德里克,你喜歡這個概念,并且認為會有市場;凱特,你認為不會有市場。
KATE MCKENNA: I can' t see where it fits in our product range.
凱特.麥凱納:我看不出這件產品該歸入那個系列。
DON BRADLEY: I' m inclined to agree with Kate.
堂.布拉德利:我傾向凱特的意見。
This is much more expensive than anything else we market.
這件產品比我們銷售的任何產品都貴。
KATE MCKENNA: Although it' s a wonderful idea, we just won' t be able to sell it.
凱特.麥凱納:雖然想法很棒,我們卻賣不動。
You must see that yourself, Derek.
德里克,你本人也一定是這樣看的吧。
DEREK JONES: Well not really...
德里克.瓊斯:也不是……
DON BRADLEY: Edward, what do you think?
堂.布拉德利:愛德華, 你認為怎么樣?
EDWARD GREEN: Can I just check something here Derek?
愛德華.格林:德里克,我能不能先確認一下?
Are you saying that there is a plastic thin enough and flexible enough to make this realistic?
你是不是在說有這樣一種夠細又夠柔韌的塑料來使這一切成為現實?
DEREK JONES: Exactly.
德里克.瓊斯:一點不錯。
EDWARD GREEN: That' s brilliant.
愛德華.格林:太好了。
On paper, I think it' s the most remarkable thing I' ve seen.
從理論上來說,我認為那是我見過的最非凡的東西。
DON BRADLEY: Well, maybe Edward has something.
堂.布拉德利:或許愛德華有這方面的資料。
Maybe we ought to have a closer look.
或許我們該看的得更細些。