DON BRADLEY: Don Bradley. 堂.布拉德利:堂.布拉德利。
EDWARD GREEN: Hi, Don. How' s the meeting? 愛德華.格林:堂,你好。會議開的怎樣?
DON BRADLEY: It' s just finished. 堂.布拉德利:剛剛結束。
I' m on my way over. How' s your meeting? 我在過來的路上了。你的會面怎樣?
EDWARD GREEN: he' s definitely interested. 愛德華.格林:他很有興趣。
We' re having a break. 我們在休息。
DON BRADLEY: What' s the situation? 堂.布拉德利:情況怎么樣?
EDWARD GREEN: It' s becoming difficult, we' re stuck on the size of the order for Big Boss. 愛德華.格林:變的有點難,我們還在訂購“大老板”的量上。
He wants a unit price of 19.5 on an order of 25,000. 他想要19.5,買的量是2.5萬件。
DON BRADLEY: That sounds good to me. 堂.布拉德利:我覺得不錯。
EDWARD GREEN: I think we can push him further. 愛德華.格林:我認為還可以再逼下他。
DON BRADLEY: Do you think so? 堂.布拉德利:你是這樣認為的嗎?
EDWARD GREEN: I think so...I hope so. 愛德華.格林:我是這樣認為的…… 希望如此。
DON BRADLEY: Be careful. He' s a clever man. 堂.布拉德利:小心點,他可是個聰明人。
I've dealt with Mcneil before. 我以前跟麥克內爾打過交道。
When he starts banging on the table, that' s as far as you can go with him. 如果他開始敲桌子的話,那就是你能做的極限了。
Good luck! 祝你好運!
EDWARD GREEN: Thanks. So let' s clarify the position so far.
愛德華.格林:謝謝。那么我們明確一下我們現在為止的處境。
As far as Big Boss is concerned we have agreed on a unit price of 20 for 30,000, and I can' t go below that price for an order of this size. 僅就“大老板” 我們同意給20的單價,但要購買3萬件,對這樣的訂購量我不可能低于這個數。
Now let' s look at terms of payment. 現在我們看一下付款條款。
DANNY MCNEIL: Ninety days. 丹尼.麥克內爾:90天。
EDWARD GREEN: I' m sorry Mr. Mcneil, but that' s completely unacceptable. 愛德華.格林:對不起 麥克內爾先生,不過這完全不可接受。
Our standard policy on discounts of over thirty percent is payment within thirty days of delivery. 我們對于超過30%的優惠的優惠政策通常是交貨后30天之內。
DANNY MCNEIL: This is not a standard situation. 丹尼.麥克內爾:但這不是個通常情況。
I am making a very large order... 我訂購的貨量很大……
EDWARD GREEN: Can I just come in here, Mr. Mcneil? 愛德華.格林:麥克內爾先,我能插兩句嗎?
I know you' re making a large order but you are also getting an excellent product at a very large discount. 我知道你的訂購量很大,但你也是以很大的優惠獲得一件很棒的產品。
DANNY MCNEIL: I can' t believe that this is your final offer. 丹尼.麥克內爾:真不能相信,這就是你們的最終報價。
EDWARD GREEN: If you order 35,000 then I can authorise payment in 90 days. 愛德華.格林:如果你訂購3.5萬件,我可以授權90天內付款。
DANNY MCNEIL: We have already decided on quantity.
丹尼.麥克內爾:我們已經決定了數量。
This is my last offer. 30,000 at 60 days payment. 這是我的最后出價:3萬件,60天內付款。
Take it or leave it. 要么接受要么一拍兩散。
EDWARD GREEN: I think that offer will be acceptable. 愛德華.格林:我認為這個出價可以接受。
So all we have to do now is finalise the delivery arrangements. 那么我們現在要做的就是商定交貨的安排了。
DANNY McNEIL: Well, let' s discuss the details tomorrow.
丹尼.麥克內爾:我們還是明天再商談細節吧
DANNY MCNEIL: Come in! Don, how are you? 丹尼.麥克內爾:近來! 堂,你好!
DON BRADLEY: Hello, Danny, Edward. 堂.布拉德利:你好,丹, 愛德華。
I' m sorry I' m late. 對不起,我遲到了。
DANNY MCNEIL: You are late. 丹尼.麥克內爾:你真是遲了。
I' d rather do business with you than this young man. 我寧愿跟你打交道,也不愿跟這個年輕人做生意。
What have you been feeding him? 你都給他吃了什么啊?
DON BRADLEY: Oh, we don' t feed him. 堂.布拉德利:哦,我們不給他們吃的。
We like to keep our staff hungry. 我們喜歡使員工有饑餓感。