DANNY MCNEIL: Before we begin, are you sure that you are in a position to conduct this negotiation? 丹尼.麥克內爾:在開始前,我想問一下你確定你可以進行這次談判嗎?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes, I have the authority to negotiate with you. 愛德華.格林:是的,我有跟你談判的授權。
DANNY MCNEIL: Right. Let' s get down to business. 丹尼.麥克內爾:好。那我們就辦正事吧。
EDWARD GREEN: Which of our product lines are you particularly interested in Mr. McNeil?
愛德華.格林:麥克內爾先生,你對我們的那些生產線特別感興趣?
DANNY MCNEIL: I could be interested in these ones that I have outlined here. 丹尼.麥克內爾:物品對這些劃線的感興趣。
But I want to hear what you say about discounts. 但我要聽聽你給什么樣的優惠。
EDWARD GREEN: Let' s talk specifically about Big Boss. 愛德華.格林:那我們就具體用“大老板”來談吧。
DANNY MCNEIL: Let' s be clear about one thing. 丹尼.麥克內爾:我們先要明確一件事情。
I hope you realize that we must have a much larger discount than what' s on the table now.
我希望你認識到我們要的優惠比現在擺在桌面的要大的多。
EDWARD GREEN: I think the discount problem can be resolved but you need to be more precise about numbers. 愛德華.格林:我認為優惠的問題是可以解決的,但你得大具體的購貨量明確一下。
DANNY MCNEIL: Fair enough. 丹尼.麥克內爾:很公平。
What kind of discount are you offering on ten thousand units? 你們給1萬件的優惠是多少?
EDWARD GREEN: On ten thousand units, Mr. Mcneil, I can offer a discount of thirty percent.
愛德華.格林:麥克內爾先,1萬件的話,我能給的優惠是30%。
But I can' t offer more 但不能再多了……
DANNY MCNEIL: 30 per cent! 丹尼.麥克內爾:30 %!
EDWARD GREEN: Just let me finish, 30 percent, but with a guarantee of delivery within two months.
愛德華.格林:請讓我說完,優惠是30%,但我們保證兩個月內交貨。
DANNY MCNEIL: Delivery must be within two months or I' m not interested. 丹尼.麥克內爾:交貨必須是兩個月內,或則我也沒興趣了。
I' m offering you the chance to make a very large sale and you are turning it down because we' re...
我在向你提供大批量銷售的機會,你卻拒絕了,因為們……
EDWARD GREEN: Can I just come in here Mr. McNeil? 愛德華.格林:麥克內爾先生,我能插兩句嗎?
I haven' t turned anything down. 我沒有拒絕任何事。
I haven' t said "no". 我并沒有說“不”。
I am just saying that on ten thousand units our discount terms are thirty percent. 我只是說,對于1萬件我們給的優惠是30%。
DANNY MCNEIL: But... 丹尼.麥克內爾:但是……
EDWARD GREEN: Please let me finish. 愛德華.格林:請讓我說完。
Now if you commit to buy twenty thousand units then I could consider a larger discount.
如果你承諾購買2萬件,那么我可以考慮更大的優惠。
DANNY MCNEIL: How much larger? 丹尼.麥克內爾:大多少?
EDWARD GREEN: If you commit to twenty thousand units then I can offer a thirty-five percent discount.
愛德華.格林:如果你承諾購買2萬件,那么我可以給你 35%的優惠。
DANNY MCNEIL: Thirty, thirty five percent. 丹尼.麥克內爾:30%,35%。
I' m getting tired of this. 我不吃這一套。
You are playing games. 你們在玩把戲。
I am looking for a large discount, and I hope that you' re going to offer me one.
我要的是大優惠,并且我希望你能給我這樣的優惠。
EDWARD GREEN: If you want a big discount then you must make the order a big one. 愛德華.格林:如果你想要大的優惠,那么你的定單也要大。
Let' s talk about unit price rather than discount.
我們還是不談優惠,談單價吧。
Our standard unit price to the wholesaler is 23.5. 我們給批發商的標準單價是23.5。
DANNY MCNEIL: And I' m not interested in 23.5. 丹尼.麥克內爾:但我對23.5元沒什么興趣。
EDWARD GREEN: Yes, I know that Mr. McNeil. 愛德華.格林:是的,麥克內爾先生,我知道。
If you buy 40,000 units, then I can offer a unit price of 19.5.
如果你買4萬件,那么我可以給你19.5元的單價。
What will your mark-up be on the Boss, 3, 3.5, 4?
你在“大老板”上的毛利是多少, 3, 3.5, 4?
DANNY MCNEIL: About that. 丹尼.麥克內爾:大約這個數吧。
EDWARD GREEN: With those figures you' re going to be very competitive. 愛德華.格林:以我們給出的單價,你將會很有競爭力。
DANNY MCNEIL: 19.5 unit price? 丹尼.麥克內爾:單價19.5?
EDWARD GREEN: I you buy 40,000 units; that represents a discount of... 愛德華.格林:如果你買4萬件的話,這樣優惠就是……
I can see what the discount is. 我能知道這個優惠是多少。
Offer me a unit price of 19.5 on 25,000 units and we can do business. 給我19.5的單價,我買2.5萬件,我們就可以成交。
EDWARD GREEN: I can' t do that. I' m sorry. 愛德華.格林:對不起,我辦不到。
DANNY MCNEIL: Let' s break for a few minutes. 丹尼.麥克內爾:我們先休息一下。
I' ve got a few things I have to see to. 我有幾件事要處理。
I' ll be a couple of minutes. 我要幾分鐘。
Would you like a cup of coffee? 來杯咖啡?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes, please. 愛德華.格林:好的,謝謝。
DANNY MCNEIL: Help yourself to the phone if you want to make a call.
丹尼.麥克內爾:如果你想打電話,請隨意。
EDWARD: Thanks. 愛德華:謝謝。