第三節 中性答復(不能明確回答)
128.I’m not sure.
我不清楚;我不確定。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Do you know what time the speech is supposed to start?
(你知道演講幾時開始嗎?)
B: I’m not sure.
(我不清楚。)
A: Is that girl over there from the United States or Canada?
(那邊那個女孩子來自美國還是加拿大?)
B: I’m not sure.
(我不清楚。)
A: Do you think you can help me with my English tonight?
(你覺得今晚你能指點一下我學習英語嗎?)
B: I’m not sure. I’ll call you and let you know.
(我不確定。我到時給你打電話吧。)
129.I don’t know.
我不知道。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Would you like to go for a drink?
(你想出去喝點什么嗎?)
B: I don’t know.
(我不知道。)
A: What do you think of this proposal?
(你覺得這項提議怎么樣?)
B: I don’t know. I didn’t have much time to read it.
(我不知道。我沒有太多的時間去看它。)
A: Do you think I should try?
(你認為我該試試嗎?)
B: I don’t know.
(我不知道。)
【瘋狂替換】
①I have no idea.(我不知道。)
②I don’t have the slightest idea.(我一點也不知道。)
③I’m not really sure.(我真的不清楚。)
130. I don’t understand.
[ ]
我不明白。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Are you sure that is legal?
(你肯定那是合法的嗎?)
B: I don’t understand.
(我不知道。)
A: I strongly doubt he was sober.
(我才不信他沒醉呢!)
B: Uh, I don’t understand.
(哦,我不知道。)
A: The impact of the Olympic bid is huge.
(申奧的影響是巨大的。)
B: I don’t understand.
(我不懂。)
【額外成就感】
①I don’t follow you.(我不明白你說什么。)
②I don’t understand what you mean.(我不懂你說什么。)
③I don’t know what you are talking about.(我不知道你在說什么。)
131. Kind of.
有一點兒。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Do you understand me?
(你了解我嗎?)
B: Kind of.
(一點點。)
A: Did he ask you out?
(他約你出去了?)
B: Kind of.
(可以這么說。)
A: Is she a pain in the neck?
(她很煩人嗎?)
B: Kind of.
(有一點兒。)
132. Either is fine.
兩者都行。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Would you like tea or coffee?
(你喝茶還是咖啡?)
B: Either is fine.
(都行。)
A: Do you want to talk to me or my boss?
(你要跟我談還是跟老板談?)
B: Either is fine.
(和誰都行。)
A: Would you like to have a break or shall we continue?
(我們是休息一下還是繼續?)
B: Either is fine. I’m not tired.
(兩者都行。我不累。)
133. Yes and no.
也是也不是。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Do you like your new job?
(你喜歡你的新工作嗎?)
B: Yes and no.
(還湊合。)
A: Do you think he’s right for the job?
(你覺得他適合做這份工作嗎?)
B: Yes and no.
(可能適合,也可能不適合。)
A: Do you agree with me?
(你贊成我嗎?)
B: Yes and no.
(一半一半吧。)
【瘋狂替換】
①Maybe yes.(也許是吧。)
②Maybe no.(也許不。)
③Maybe yes, maybe no.(可能是,可能不。)
134. Probably.
大概是吧。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Do you think Stone is coming?
(你認為Stone會來嗎?)
B: Probably.
(有可能。)
A: Are you coming home late tonight?
(你今晚會晚回家嗎?)
B: Probably. I have a lot of work to do.
(也許吧。我有許多工作要做。)
A: Is it going to rain soon?
(快下雨了嗎?)
B: Probably. The sky is so dark.
(大概是。天空黑沉沉的。)
【瘋狂替換】
①Maybe.(也許;大概。)
②Perhaps.(可能。)
③Possibly.(可能。)
④Could be.(也許。)
135. It’s up to you.
由你決定。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Would you like to see a movie or go to a disco?
(你想去看電影還是去的士高?)
B: It’s up to you.
(你決定吧。)
A: Do you want to eat here or go somewhere else?
(你想在這兒吃還是到其他別的地方吃?)
B: It’s up to you. It makes no difference to me.
(你說了算。我怎么樣都無所謂。)
A: Do you think we should invite them?
(你覺得我們應該邀請他們嗎?)
B: It’s up to you.
(你決定。)