第二節 否定答復
【李陽老師的話】
既然肯定答復并非只有一個“Yes”,否定答復亦不會僅限于一個“No”!一般否定和強烈否定都有其各具特色的說法。認真學習以下19種答復,仔細體會說話人的感情色彩。相信當你經過了量變的過程后,肯定會有一個質的飛躍!
109. No, never.
[ ]
從來沒有過。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Have you ever been to America?
(你去過美國嗎?)
B: No, never.
(從來沒有。)
A: Have you seen the Great Wall?
(你看過長城嗎?)
B: No, never.
(從來沒有。)
A: Did you think you’d pass the test?
(你想過你會通過考試嗎?)
B: No, never. I don’t know anything about grammar.
(從來沒有。我對語法一竅不通。)
110. No way!
[ ]
沒門兒!
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Can you tell him the truth for me?
(你能替我告訴他真相嗎?)
B: No way! You have to tell him yourself!
(休想!你得親自告訴他!)
A: Do you want to try skydiving?
(你想試試跳傘嗎?)
B: No way! It’s too dangerous!
(絕對不行!太危險了!)
A: Why don’t you go apologize to her?
(你為什么不向她道歉呢?)
B: No way! I didn’t do anything wrong.
(沒門兒!我沒做錯什么。)
111. No, not at all.
[ ]
一點兒也不。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Are you good at English?
(你英語學得好嗎?)
B: No, not at all.
(一點兒都不好。)
A: Did I hurt your feelings?
(我傷害了你的感情嗎?)
B: No, not at all. I appreciate your honesty.
(不,一點兒也沒有。我很欣賞你的誠實。)
A: Is the chicken too spicy?
(這雞肉會不會太辣?)
B: No, not at all. I love spicy food.
(一點兒也不辣。我喜歡吃辣食。)
【瘋狂替換】
①No, not a bit.(一點兒也不。)
②No, not in the least. (一點兒也不。)
112. Not yet.
[ ]
還沒有。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Did you buy a new VCR?
(你買了個新的錄像機嗎?)
B: Not yet.
(還沒有。)
A: Have you finished your work?
(你的工作完成了嗎?)
B: Not yet.
(還沒有。)
A: Did you pick a date?
(你選好日子了嗎?)
B: Not yet.
(還沒有。)
113. Not really.
[ ]
不見得;不怎么樣。
【瘋狂實戰】
A: Is the food good there?
(那兒的飯好吃嗎?)
B: Not really. But the waitresses are pretty.
(不是特別好。不過那兒的服務小姐很漂亮。)
A: Were the people friendly to you?
(那些人對你好嗎?)
B: Not really.
(不怎么樣。)
A: Are you happy with your life?
(你生活幸福嗎?)
B: Not really. I’m dying for a change.
(一般般。我極想改變一下。)
【瘋狂替換】
①Not exactly.(不盡然。)
②Not completely.(不完全是。)
③Not quite.(不完全是。)
④Not 100 percent.(不完全是。)