"No, I don't work for the police. I'm a, eh...private detective," I answered.
“不,我不是警察,我是一名...私家偵探,”我回答。
"I just want to know where you were three days ago, in the morning. Can you just tell me that?"
“我就想知道三天前的那個早上,你在哪?”
"I don't remember. I think I was with my boyfriend," she said with a smile.
“我不記得了。好像是和男朋友在一起,”她笑著說。
"Yeah, that's right, I was with my boyfriend."
“是了,沒錯,我和我的男朋友在一起。”
"Can I talk to your boyfriend?"
“我能和你男朋友談談么?”
"No, you can't," she said, suddenly getting very angry. "Why not?" I asked.
“不行,”她突然很生氣。“為什么不行?”我問。
"Because he doesn't want to talk to you!" June said. "Look, buddy, I don't have to answer your questions.
“因為他不想和你說話!”瓊說。“聽著,我不必回答你的問題。
Now why don't you just get out of my store?" She turned around and walked away.
現在為什么不離開我的商店?“她轉身走開了。
I couldn't force her to talk to me, so I didn't try. I left the store and got back in my car.
我不能逼她告訴我,我離開了商店回到車里。
Maybe this girl was involved in the kidnapping,
或許這個女孩參與了綁架,
Maybe she and her boyfriend were trying to get even with Pardo Computers. Maybe, maybe, maybe.
或許她和她的男朋友想報復帕爾多公司。或許、或許、或許。