"No...didn't see...but...I got the license plate...3XZW...4...5..1" she said, running out of breath.
“沒有..我沒有看見...但是我記下了車牌號...3XZW...4...5..1”,她上氣不接下氣地說。
"Anne, that's wonderful! Good work!"
“安妮,太棒了!好樣的!”
"Thanks, Dr. Reeves." She smiled a little and touched my hand softly.
“謝謝,里夫斯教授。”她輕笑,虛弱地撫上我的手。
"Okay, buddy, you'll have to go now,' the policewoman yelled. "She needs to get to the hospital."
“好了,你該走了,”女警官吼道。“她需要去醫院。”
I jumped out of the ambulance and it drove away.
我跳下救護車,救護車便開走了。
I got back in my car and drove to the nearest pay phone. I had to find out who owned that car.
我回到自己的車里驅車來到最近的電話亭。我需要找到那輛車的主人。
"Hello, police department?...yes, get me Officer Cho." Cho was an old friend of mine.
“你好,警察局么?沒錯,我找卓警官。”卓是我的一個老朋友。
When I needed a favor, he was always willing to help.
我需要幫忙時,他總愿意幫我。
"Cho? This is Darron Reeves. Yeah, look, I need some information on a car registration.
“卓?我是達隆·里夫斯。沒錯,我需要查一輛車的登記信息。
License number 3XZW451 ...right, I'll call you back in an hour. Thanks, Cho. You're the best."
車牌號是3XZW451...沒錯,我一個小時后再打給你。謝謝,卓。”
It was now 7:45 p.m. and I still needed to talk to one of the ex-employees of Pardo Computers
現在是晚上7:45,我還需要和帕爾多電腦公司的那名前員工談談
who worked at a club near the airport.
他在機場附近的一家俱樂部工作。