people who experience child abuse are much, much more likely to be abusers themselves er,
在童年時受過虐待的人非常非常可能成為施虐者
so the idea of what was done to you is what you turn around and
所以別人對你做過什么然后你反過來也同樣對待別人
do often happens er in these areas I think.
我認為這種情況在這些領域是經常出現的
Bill, one reason I was different from this traumatic bonding
比爾,我的觀點和這種創傷情節不同
the survivors of torture often have a hard time fitting into society
因為折磨的幸存者經常很難適應社會
as you pointed out in finding other work. Yeah
你在其它的文章中也指出了這個問題,是的
They end up doing this for lack of a better alternative. Some of them.
他們最后會這么做是因為他們沒有其他更好的選擇,有些人就是這樣
You, you mean provide, becoming torturers? Yes Yeah, right.
你的意思是成為施虐者?是的.是的,沒錯
And it's also a way of trying to gain some sort of sense of efficacy again you know,
這也是一種獲得再次獲得某種效用感的方式
er of acting out it's a terrible way, and a destructive way but I think
雖然表現出來是非常可怕的,是具有毀滅性的
there's a psychological understanding of that
但是從心理學角度是可以理解的
We have time for I'm afraid only one more question at this point.
恐怕我們只能再問最后一個問題了
I wonder if it would be your field of expertise why not though in attempt of accessing people,
我的問題是,這是不是你的研究領域在接觸這些人的過程中
is there ever any er use of massage? Yeah, the same thing as the street theatre.
按摩推拿有別的用處嗎? 是的這和街頭表演一樣
So many thinks I wish I had more time for,
很多人也認為,我希望我有多點時間
but the er, the talk therapy that we use in middle class
但是我們在中產階級使用的談話療法
American ways really is not what er the best approach
美國式的方法真的不是最好的方法
for er people who come from other cultures who have no understanding of psychology,
因為很多人來自別的文化對心理學不了解
no understanding of therapy, and the idea of using a much broader base
對治療法不了解所以我們使用更廣的基礎方式
we use massage therapy a lot, we use dance therapy, we use music therapy, we use er art it's um,
我們大量使用推拿療法,我們使用舞蹈療法,音樂療法使用藝術療法
Cambodian widows created a tapestry
讓來自柬埔寨的寡婦們做織錦
which was tremendously therapeutic for them,
對他們來說有巨大的治療效果
uh the idea that you have to talk this all through is, is not what I meant to convey.
你所一直表達的觀點和我的觀點不同