at Walter Reed as well as health care providers um, and I have been to Guantanamo uh to
士兵還有醫療服務人員我也去過關塔那摩
assess uh the role of the American psychological and the American psycho, psychiatric er
去評估美國心理學協會美國精神病學協會
as well as the AMA er in their, in their medical care for detainees as well as their professional accountability
以及美國醫學協會在為關押者提供的醫療護理的作用以及他們的專業責任
for what they do and their division of labour and you're right
他們所作的工作,以及勞動分工結論就是你是正確的
the military often likes to think of the American psychological and they themselves
軍隊經常喜歡認為美國心理協會和他們自己
as the guys that can do forensics without Hippocratic oath as part of their mission.
是可以做法醫取證工作同時不需要立誓拯救人命及遵守醫生準繩
so I'm happy to talk about that as well.
所以我很想就這個問題進行討論
and then just one last thing, I do see at Walter Reed a lot of the invisible wounds
還有一點就是我在沃特利茲看到了很多隱形的傷口
as they call them the unseen, the unseen wounds as well as er a lot of the alternative healthcare.
他們稱作是看不見的看不見的傷口還有很多其他種醫療保健項目
There are very active programmes at Walter Reed which I take it as a you know, a flagship for this sort of thing.
在沃特利茲正在開展我把這些項目看做是這一領域的旗艦項目
Also it was a mess for a long period of time this year
在今年很長時間內都還是一團糟
but in doing massage therapy, meditation therapy and there are a lot of protocols at work right now,
但是在做推拿療法,冥想療法中我們現在有了很多協議條款
in the military on meditation therapy as, as stress reducers, pre-inoculators they like to call them as well as after the fact.
在軍隊里,關于冥想療法他們喜歡稱為壓力減少療法提前接種療法
So I'm happy to talk about that.
我也想講這個問題
Um but right now I want to look a little bit at the victim um and again look at literature
但是現在我想講一下受害者,現在翻閱一下學術文獻
as well as some folks I've interviewed.
以及我采訪過的部分人士
I begin with "Waiting for the Barbarians" by Coetzee,
我開始先說一下,庫切的《等待野蠻人》
I, I have trouble on saying his name.
我老是說不對他的名字
"The torturer deals with my soul every day, " he folds the flesh aside and exposes my soul to the light.
施虐者每天都折磨我的靈魂"他把我的肉體掀到一邊把我的靈魂暴露在光影下