You can't take it with you The Egyptians tried it, and all they got was robbed.
你不可能把它們一起帶走埃及人試過 帶走的后來都被盜了
So, the question is, what are you going to do with what you have? I'm not talking how much you have.
所以問題在于 你要怎么利用你擁有的東西?我不是在說你擁有多少
Some of you are business majors Some of you are theologians, nurses, sociologists.
在座的諸位 有人學讀商科有人會成為神學家 護士或是社會學家
Some of you have money. Some of you have patience Some have kindness. Some have love.
有些人有錢 有些人擁有耐心有些人有善心 有些人心中充滿愛
Some of you have the gift of long-suffering Whatever it is, whatever your gift is.
有些人擁有歷經艱苦而帶來的果實不論你擁有的是什么 你的天賦是什 么
What are you going to do with what you have? Alright, now here's my last point about failure.
你打算怎么利用它們呢?好了 現在我要講關于失敗的最后一點
Sometimes it's the best way to figure out where you're going Your life will never be a straight path.
有時候失敗是找到方向的最好方法生活不會是一條直線
I began at Fordham University as a pre-med student I took a course called Cardiac... Morph....
我最初是佛罕大學醫科的預科生我學過一門課程叫 心...形...
I still can't say it Cardiac Morphogenesis.
我連這個都說不好心臟形態學
I couldn't read it I could't say it, and I an sure couldn't pass it So, then I decided to go pre-law, then journalism.
我連這個也讀不好 理所當然也就掛科了后來我就決定讀法律預科 再后來是新聞學
And with no academic focus my grades took off in their own direction.
不知道應該專注于什么學科我的成績進入了它自己的軌道
Yeah, down I was a 1.8 GPA, one semester.
沒錯一路向下有一個學期 我的平均分只有1.8