And I didn't have to sing for it, by the way And here's the kicker.
當然在這出戲里 我并不需要唱歌還有 最關鍵的是
It was at the Court Theater it was at the same theater.
這部音樂劇是在寇特劇院上演的也就是30年前
That I failed that first audition 30 years prior The point is, and i'll put up the pace.
我第一次試演失敗的那家劇院所以我要說的就是 我會加快速度
The point is, every graduate here today has the training and the talent to succeed.
今天在座的所有畢業生你們都有了成功所必需的學習和才能
But do you have guts to fail Here's my second point about failure.
然而你們有接受失敗的勇氣嗎?關于失敗 我要說的第二個要點是
If you don't fail, you're not even trying i'll say it again.
如果你沒有失敗過 說明你都沒有好好嘗試過我再說一遍
If you don't fail, you're not even trying My wife told me this expression.
如果你沒有失敗過 說明你都沒有好好嘗試過我太太跟我說過這句經典的話
To get something you never had you have to do something you never did.
要得到你從未擁有過的東西你必須做你從來沒有做過的事
Les Brown, a motivational speaker, he made an analogy about this .
勵志演講者萊斯.布朗對此打過一個比方講的是
It says imagine you're on your deathbed and standing around your deathbed.
想象你快要去世了圍繞著在你臨終的床沿的
Are the ghosts representing your unfilled potential The ghosts of the ideas you never acted on.
是代表你未了心愿的幽魂那些你沒有付諸行動的想法的幽魂
The ghosts of the talents you didn't use And they're standing around your bed.
那些屬于你卻從沒被啟用的天賦的幽魂而它們都圍在你的床沿
Angry. Disappointed. Upset They say.
生氣 失望 沮喪它們說
We came to you, because you could have brought us to life they say.
我們來見你 因為你原本可以給予我們生命它們說
And now we go to the grave together So I ask you today.
現在 我們不得不跟你一起進入墳墓所以今天我要問你們