The Christmas Fairy and Scrooge
《圣誕歡歌》
Charles Dickens
作者查爾斯·狄更斯
This little play was made from a famous story by Charles Dickens, a great and beloved English story-teller.
這部短小的戲劇是根據查爾斯·狄更斯的一個著名故事改編而成,狄更斯是一位偉大的英語小說作者,深受人們喜愛。
In it we see old Ebenezer Scrooge, rich, cross, and stingy.
在這個故事里面我們看到年邁的埃比尼澤·斯克魯奇,他富有,但易怒又小氣。
To him Christmas was all humbug and foolishness. But one Christmas a kind fairy helped him learn the greatest lesson in the world.
對他來說,圣誕節完全是虛偽和愚蠢的。但有一個圣誕節,一位善良的仙女幫助他學到了世上最偉大的一課。
Act I
第一幕
Time—Christmas Eve
時間—圣誕節前夜
Scene—Scrooge's Sitting-room
場景—斯克魯奇的客廳
Persons:
人物:
Scrooge
斯克魯奇
Scrooge's Nephew
斯克魯奇的侄子
Christmas Fairy
圣誕仙女

[Scrooge, in dressing-gown, slippers, and nightcap, sits before a fire. He is eating from a bowl of gruel, and his face is scowling.
[斯克魯奇穿著睡衣、拖鞋和睡帽,坐在火爐前。他正吃著一碗稀粥,臉色陰沉。
Scrooge's nephew comes in, with his face smiling and his eyes sparkling. He looks cheerful and kind.]
斯克魯奇的侄子走進屋,臉上露出笑容,雙眼閃閃發光。他看起來開朗、和藹可親。]
Nephew. A Merry Christmas, uncle!
侄子:圣誕快樂,叔叔!
Scrooge. [Crossly.] Bah! Humbug!
斯克魯奇:[生氣地說。]呸!都是騙人的!
Nephew. Christmas a humbug, uncle? You don't mean that, I am sure.
侄子:圣誕節是騙人的,叔叔?我相信你不是那個意思。
Scrooge. I do. Merry Christmas, indeed! What right have you to be merry? You're poor enough.
斯克魯奇:我就是那個意思。圣誕快樂,真的!你有什么權利快樂?你很窮的。
Nephew. [ Gayly.] Come, then! What right have you to be cross? You're rich enough.
侄子:[快樂地說。]那別這樣了!你有什么權利生氣呢?你那么富有。
Scrooge. Bah! Humbug! You are just like my clerk, Bob Cratchit. He wished me a Merry Christmas today, and he hasn't one sixpence to rub against another.
斯克魯奇:呸!都是騙人的!你就像我的職員,鮑勃·克拉特基特。他今天祝我圣誕快樂,他連一個六便士也沒有。
Nephew. Bob Cratchit has something better than sixpences. He has a heart full of kindness and love. Come, don't be cross, uncle!
侄子:鮑勃·克拉特基特擁有比六便士更好的東西。他有一顆充滿仁慈和愛的心。不要生氣了,叔叔!
Scrooge. What else can I be when I live in such a foolish world? Merry Christmas! Bah! Humbug!
斯克魯奇:我生活在這樣一個愚蠢的世界里,我還能成什么樣?圣誕快樂!呸!都是騙人的!
Nephew. Oh, no! Uncle!
侄子:哦,不是的!叔叔!
Uncle. Nephew! Keep Christmas in your own way and let me keep it in mine.
叔叔:侄子!留好你的圣誕節吧,我用自己的方式保留它。