David Helps King Saul
大衛幫助了掃羅王
One evening not long after this, David's father told him that a strange sickness had come upon King Saul, their ruler.
不久之后的一天晚上,大衛的父親告訴他,他們的統治者掃羅王患上了一個奇怪的病。
At times he seemed so fierce that no one could go near him.
他有時顯得很暴躁,沒有人能接近他。
Many times the next day David thought of his dear king.
第二天,大衛多次想到了他敬愛的國王。
"If I were only near, perhaps I could help him," said the boy to himself. "I would not be afraid."
如果我在他的身邊,或許我能幫他。他自言自語地說,我不害怕。
While David was thinking about the king, some of the soldiers were talking together about his sickness.
就在大衛想著國王的同時,一些士兵也在一起談論國王的病。
"What can we do?" asked one of them. "King Saul will not eat or sleep."
我們能做什么呢?他們中的一個人問道,掃羅王不吃也不睡。
Perhaps music would help him, said the captain, "but who would dare to sing or play before him?
或許音樂能幫助他,他們的隊長說,但是誰敢在國王面前唱歌或表演呢?
The king may become very angry at anyone who goes near him."
一靠近國王,國王就會發火。
Young David would not be afraid, said one of the soldiers.
年輕的大衛應該不會害怕,一個士兵說,
"He is not afraid of anything, and he has the sweetest voice you ever heard."
他什么都不怕,而且他有著你們從未聽過的最甜美的聲音。
Bring the boy to me, said the captain.
把這個男孩帶來。隊長說。
The next day a soldier took David to the captain.
第二天,一個士兵帶著大衛去見了隊長。
The great soldier looked at the brave young boy and said, "David, it may be that I am doing wrong to send you before King Saul.
這位偉大的士兵看了看這個勇敢的男孩,說:大衛,可能我把你送到掃羅王面前的決定是錯的。
He is so fierce sometimes that he may kill you."
他有時太暴躁了,可能會殺了你。
I am not afraid, answered David. "I shall be glad to try to help our poor king."
大衛回答說:我不怕,我很高興能夠盡力幫助我們可憐的國王。
The king was sitting with bowed head when David entered the room and said gently,
大衛進到屋里的時候,國王正低著頭坐在寶座上,大衛輕聲說:
"I have come to sing and play for you, dear King Saul."
敬愛的掃羅王,我來為您獻上一首歌。
But the king did not lift his head or speak.
但是國王沒有抬頭,也沒有說話。