We have been very wicked and have made our father very sad.
我們曾經非常的邪惡,讓我們的父親非常憂傷。
Many years ago we hated our young brother Joseph so much that we sold him.
許多年前,我們恨年幼的弟弟約瑟,所以賣了他。
Our father has been very sad ever since, and from that day on, we have never been happy.
從那以后,我們的父親就非常憂傷,而且從那天開始,我們再也沒有開心過了。
Now, if harm should come to Benjamin, our father would die!"
現在,如果本杰明再受到什么傷害,我們的父親就會死的!”
As he spoke, the poor man began to weep, and all the brothers wept with him.
說到這里,這個可憐的人就哭了起來,其他所有的兄弟也同他一起哭了。
Oh, my dear brothers! cried Joseph, while the tears ran down his cheeks, too.
“我親愛的哥哥們!”約瑟大聲說道,眼淚從臉頰流淌下來,
"I am Joseph. Now I know that you love Benjamin, and I believe that you will love me. "
“我是約瑟。現在我知道你們愛本杰明,我相信你們也會愛我。”
Are you Joseph? asked one of the brothers. "Can you forgive us for what we did?"
“你是約瑟嗎?”一個哥哥問道,“你能原諒我們當時的所作所為嗎?”
I forgave you long ago, said Joseph, "Do not weep any more, for God has been very good to me in this land.
“我早就原諒你們了?!奔s瑟說道,“不要再哭了,因為上帝在這片土地上眷顧了我。
If my father were only here, I should be perfectly happy!"
要是父親在這兒的話,我會高興壞的!”
Before long, Joseph had his wish, for his father came to Egypt and lived there, with his twelve sons around him.
不久以后,約瑟的愿望實現了。他的父親來到了埃及并住在了那里,十二個兒子陪伴著他。
Then Joseph was not only the greatest man in all Egypt, but also the happiest.
約瑟不僅僅是全埃及最偉大的人,也是最幸福的人。