"The Second Afghan War brought honours and promotion to many
第二次阿富汗大戰令很多人載譽而歸加官進爵
"But for me it meant nothing but misfortune and disaster"
但對我而言這無疑是一場徹頭徹尾的災難
All right, Captain
好了上尉
"I returned to England with my health irretrievably ruined
我重返英國身體落下了終身的傷痛
"and my future bleak
前途一片黯淡
"Under such circumstances I naturally gravitated to London
鑒于此我自然搬來了倫敦
"That great cesspool into which all the loungers"
這是眾多游手好閑者
Watson! "and idlers of the empire are drained"
華生 閑散人士的游走之所
Watson!
華生
Stamford
我是史丹佛
Remember?
還記得我嗎
We were at Barts together
我們以前一起在巴茨醫院共事
Yes, of course, Stamford
當然記得 史丹佛
Good Lord! Where have you been?
老天爺 你這是跑哪混去了
You're as thin as a rake!
搞得骨瘦如柴的