I never enjoy them. Why not?
我一直都不喜歡 為什么
Well, I never say anything, do I?
我從來連句臺詞都沒有
According to you, I just show people up the stairs and serve you breakfasts
據你所寫 我就只負責帶人上樓 給你們做早餐而已
Well, within the narrative, that is, broadly speaking, your function
在故事當中 這大致上就是你的職能
My what?!
我的什么
Don't feel singled out, Mrs. Hudson
別覺得受了針對 赫德森太太
I'm hardly in the dog one. "The dog one?"
寫狗的那篇我都沒太露臉 寫狗的那篇?
I'm your landlady not a plot device
我是你們的房東而不是情節設置
Do you mean The Hound Of The Baskervilles?
你是指《巴斯克維爾的獵犬》嗎
And you make the rooms so drab and dingy
而且你把房子搞得那么沉悶昏暗
Oh, blame it on the illustrator, he's out of control!
這你得怪插畫家 他簡直胡來
I've had to grow this moustache just so people will recognise me
我還得留著八字胡 好讓大家能認出我來
"Over the many years it has been my privilege to record
這些年來我很榮幸能夠記錄
"the exploits of my remarkable friend Mr Sherlock Holmes
我非凡的朋友夏洛克·福爾摩斯先生的功績
"It has sometimes been difficult to choose which of his many cases
在其眾多的案件中擇一呈現給讀者
"to set before my readers
有時并非易事
"Some are still too sensitive to recount
有些過于敏感不便詳述
"whilst others are too recent in the minds of the public
而有些則尚未淡出公眾腦海
"But in all our many adventures together
但在我們共同經歷的眾多冒險中
no case pushed my friend
還沒有哪件案子
to such mental and physical extremes
挑戰了我朋友的心理及生理極限
"as that of The Abominable Bride!"
像《恐怖新娘》那樣