Leonard, I've been working on an opening joke for our lecture at Berkeley.
萊納德,我正在準備我們在伯克利分校教課的開場笑話。
Oh, I like to laugh. But say it anyway.
我是挺喜歡笑,不過你想說就說吧。
Okay, um...What do you say to a graduate of the UC Berkeley physics department?
好吧,你該跟伯克利分校的物理系畢業生說什么呢?
I'll have fries with that. Because his education hasn't prepared him for a career in the sciences.
我點的餐要配薯條。因為他們接受的教育不足以讓他們在科學領域找到工作。
You know, when they chase you out of there, you only have to run faster than Sheldon.
等學生們沖過來打你們時,你只要跑得比謝爾頓快就沒事了。
Are you all set for your trip? Yeah, I think so. I just restocked the old PRK.
出發都做好準備了嗎?應該吧。我重新幫共所包補了貨。
"P.R.K"? Public restroom kit. Everything a boy needs for making pee pee in new and strange places.
什么"共所包"?公共廁所用品包。內含一名小男孩要在陌生新環境噓噓所需要的一切用品。
I don't see what's crazy about bringing a backpack with your own toilet paper and Purell. Keep going.
帶著個背包放自己的廁紙和干洗手液有什么值得奇怪的啊。接著說。
And rubber gloves, uh, air freshener. Um, noise-cancelling headphones. Oh, danger whistle. pepper spray. Ooh, a multi-language "Occupied" sign.
還有橡膠手套 、空氣清新劑、抗噪耳機、防狼警笛、防狼噴霧、多語言版"已占用"的牌子。
Uh, let's see. We have seat protectors, uh, booties for my shoes, a clothespin for my nose.
我看看。還有馬桶坐墊紙、 鞋套、夾鼻子的曬衣夾。
Oh, and a mirror on a stick, so I can make sure the person in the stall next to me isn't some kind of weirdo.
還有連棍子的鏡子,這樣我可以確保隔壁廁間的人不是什么變態之類的。
You still worried some Berkeley girl is gonna steal him away?
你還擔心伯克利分校會有姑娘把他搶走嗎?
Yes, who do you think gave him the danger whistle?
當然,不然你覺得他的防狼警笛是誰給的?
Would you like to play a physics car game I invented called "I Can't Spy"?
你要玩我發明的物理學車上游戲嗎?名字叫"我是沒用間諜"。
It's all the nail-biting tension of "I Spy" but the added fun of subatomic particles and waves outside the visible spectrum.
保留了"我是小間諜"緊張刺激的部分,但是加入了有趣的亞原子粒子以及可見光譜外的光波。
If it's half as much fun as "One Times Ten to the Fourth Bottles of Beer on the Wall," I'm in.
如果這游戲有"1乘10的4次方瓶啤酒在墻上"一半好玩我就玩。
I'll begin. Uh, I can't spy with my little eye...something passing right through us.
我先開始。小間諜我的眼睛不能看到...某個直接穿過我們的東西。
That soy Frappuccino I had.
我剛才喝的豆奶星冰樂。
Will you please play the game? I can't spy with my little eye something passing right through us. I don't know, um...
還能不能好好玩游戲了?小間諜我的眼睛不能看到...某個直接穿過我們的東西。我不知道啊...
If 65 billion solar neutrinos pass through a square centimeter every second,
如果每秒有650億太陽中微子通過每平方厘米的區域按照我們這車的表面積來算,
given the surface area of this car is about 60,000 square centimeters, that means 3.9 times ten to the 15th solar neutrinos?
也就大概6萬平方厘米吧。所以通過的太陽中微子大概有3900兆那么多嗎?
I don't want to play anymore. We haven't been on a road trip in a while. This is fun.
我不想玩了。我們好久沒有一起自駕游了。還挺好玩的。
We get it, you won the game. Stop bragging.
知道。你贏了行了吧。不用這么臭顯擺吧。
No, listen, we wrote a paper together. Now we get to go to a university and talk about it? That's pretty cool.
不是啦,我們一起寫了篇論文,現在還要一起去大學做論文的演講?這蠻酷的不是嗎。
I suppose it is. In fact, if you'd like to celebrate with a little music, I'd be okay with that.
我想是吧。其實,如果你想要放點音樂來慶祝一下,我不會介意哦。
What...? This road trip just got crazy.
蝦米?這趟自駕游要瘋狂啦。
Play that funky music, white boy. I'm surprised you know that reference. What reference?
放那放克樂吧,白人男孩。我真沒想到你知道這個典故。什么典故?
So, I put stickers on everything we're gonna sell. We just need help taking it all out to the driveway.
我把所有要賣的東西上都貼了貼紙,大家幫忙搬出去到車道上就行了。
Can I be in charge of pricing? I've been going to garage sales my whole life. Can you believe I got these pantyhose for a nickel?
能讓我來負責價格嗎?我這輩子去過無數車庫拍賣。你們相信這條連褲襪我只花了5分錢就買到嗎?
All right, Amy's in charge of pricing and being 75.
行,艾米負責價錢,以及當75歲老人。
Hey, Penny, can you give me a hand with this?
佩妮,能幫忙搭把手嗎?
Sure. Aw, we had one of these growing up. I used to play all the time.
行。我小時候家里也有這個,我以前天天玩。
Oh, yeah? I love PingPong. Oh, I meant beer pong.
是嗎?我也愛打乒乓球。我說的是啤酒乒乓。
I had a table, too, but I didn't have any friends, so all I did was serve.
我家也有球桌,可是我以前沒有朋友,所以我只能一直發球。
You know, you can leave one side up and play against it.
你可以半邊桌不要平放下來,跟桌面對打啊。
And if I had a friend, they might have told me that.
如果當年我有朋友,或許就會有人教我這事。
Excuse me. Why is there a sticker on this? It's my TARDIS from Doctor Who. I was planning on moving it in the house.
抱歉。為什么這上面會有要賣的標簽?是我的《神秘博士》塔迪斯。我本來準備把它移進屋里的。
I think you just answered your own question.
你的話已經回答了你的問題。
Come on, one day, this may double in value and be worth half what I paid for it.
干嘛這樣,說不定某天它價格會翻倍,能達到我當時買價的一半。
Sweetie, we have a lot to do. We don't need to decide this right now.
親愛的,我們的事情還很多。我們不需要現在就決定這個。
Well, I guess as long as you're keeping an open mind. Of course.
只要你能有一顆包容的心,我沒意見。當然啦。
Play that funky music, white boy. Play that funky music right. Play that funky music, white boy
放那放克樂,白人男孩。放對那放克樂。放那放克樂,白人男孩。
So...they're requesting that the white boy play the funky music, yes? Yes.
所以...他們要求那個白人男孩放那放克樂,對吧?是啊。
And this music we're listening to right now is funky as well? Sure.
而我們現在在聽的歌就是放克樂,對吧?是啊。
Let me ask you this. Do you think this song is the music the white boy ultimately play? It could be.
我問你個問題。你覺得這首歌是不是那個白人男孩去放的那首放克樂?有可能啊。
So it's like the musical equivalent of Russell's Paradox, the question of whether the set of all sets that don't contain themselves as members contains itself?
所以這就是像是音樂界的羅素悖論。所有不包含自身的集合本身是否屬于該集合?
Exactly. Well...then I hate it. Music should just be fun.
沒錯。這樣的話...我討厭這首歌。音樂就應該是純娛樂。
Making great time. Gonna be there pretty early.
基本沒浪費時間,我們會很早到那里。
Will our hotel room be ready? I doubt it.
我們的酒店房間會準備好了嗎?難說。
Aren't you worried that sitting in the lobby for a long period of time might attract the attention of the hotel detective?
你不擔心如果我們在大堂坐得時間太久會引起酒店偵探的注意嗎?
If we do, we'll just tell him to "hit the bricks, see?"
如果真引起注意,我們就叫他"哪兒涼快哪兒呆著去,滾。"
Seems a little confrontational, but all right. You know, we won't be very far from Skywalker Ranch.
感覺有點強硬了,不過行吧。我們現在這里離天行者牧場不遠。
Oh, that's true. It's not like we can get in there. Why not?
這倒是。我們又不能進去。為什么不能?
II don't think George Lucas put his headquarters in the middle of nowhere because he wanted people dropping in.
喬治·盧卡斯把他的總部設在荒郊野外,就是為了不想有人亂入。
Yoda's swamp was in the middle of nowhere. Tatooine was in the middle of nowhere.
星戰里尤達大師的沼澤也是在荒郊野外啊。星戰里天行者的故鄉也是荒郊野外啊。
Hoth was in the middle of nowhere. That's code, Leonard. He wants us to drop in.
霍思星也是偏僻到不行啊。這是暗號,萊納德。他希望我們亂入。
We do have time. I mean, we could drive by and just look at it.
我們是還有多余時間。我們可以開車經過看一下。
Yes! Oh...I'm so excited. And I just can't hide it.
太好了!我好興奮。藏都藏不住。
"I'm about to lose control, and I think I like it." What are you talking about?
"我就快要失控,而我喜歡這感覺。"你在說什么啊?
So when do you guys think you're gonna move in?
你們兩個打算什么時候搬進來呢?
We're still figuring how much remodeling we want to do.
我們還在考慮要裝修哪里。
It's tricky finding the right balance between "Tasteful modern" and "Jewish mother tchotchke crapfest."
要在"有品位現代化"與"猶太老媽俗氣破爛"之間找平衡挺有難度。
Have you made a decision about the TARDIS? I think I can sell it if we call it, "Big British PortaPotty."
你們決定好怎么處置塔迪斯了嗎?換個名字我應該能賣掉,叫"大號英式移動公廁"。
We're not selling it, it's mine.
我們不賣,這是我的東西。
You can't just decide. How about I arm-wrestle you?
你不能隨便做決定。不然我們比腕力定勝負吧?
That's not fair. It's like me challenging you to a sexy pants contest.
這不公平啊,這就跟我用性感褲子比賽虐你一樣。
You could play PingPong for it. I would do that.
你們可以打乒乓定輸贏啊。這我可以接受。
How is that fair? You grew up with a table.
這怎么就公平了?你從小家里就有球桌。
Yes, but I mostly used it as a battlefield in an ongoing war between the Transformers and the ThunderCats for control of a bra I had found in the woods.
但我幾乎都是用來當做變形金剛與霹靂貓之間的戰場,讓他們爭奪我在樹林撿來的胸罩的控制權。
Bernadette, for every episode of Doctor Who Leonard has made me sit through,
伯納黛特,看在萊納德逼我看過的所有《神秘博士》的仇,
I will play on your behalf and send that TARDIS back to Gallifrey, where I hate that I know it belongs.
我愿意為你出戰把塔迪斯送回加利弗雷去。我真恨我還知道了它母星叫什么。
Yes, Penny plays for me. That's not fair. She has upper body muscles.
行,佩妮替我出賽。這不公平啊,她有上半身肌肉。
Dude, three-time Sanskriti School for WellBorn Boys badminton champion.
兄弟,我可是三屆印度含金湯匙小孩學校的羽毛球冠軍。
That's right. Okay, Raj can play for me.
對啊。行,拉杰替我出賽。
Ooh, you just chose champions. It's like we're reenacting the ancient German practice of trial by combat.
你們都選厲害的人代打,感覺像是在重演舊時德國的決斗裁判法。
Yeah, it's also like when the Mountain fought the Red Viper in Game of Thrones.
是啊,就像是《權利的游戲》里魔山大戰紅毒蛇那樣。
Leonard makes you watch that, too?
也是萊納德逼你看的吧?
No, no, I like that show. It's got dragons and people doing it.
沒,我挺喜歡這劇。里面有龍,還有人做愛。
So it's settled. The fate of Doctor Who's TARDIS will be decided by a Game of Thrones inspired death-match on the battlefield of ThunderCats versus Transformers.
就這么定了。《神秘博士》的塔迪斯的去留,將由在霹靂貓大戰變形金剛的舊戰場上的因一場受《權利的游戲》啟發的死斗來決定。
If you still have that bra, I'll give you a nickel for it.
如果當年那個胸罩還在,我出5分錢跟你買。
There it is. It's just a gate. On a road.
到了。只有個閘門。在路中間。
Wasn't even that hard to find.This is so amazing! I know! You want to get a picture?
而且一點也不難找。這也太贊了!對啊!想去拍個照嗎?
I want more than a picture. I want to go in.
我不只想要照片,我想進去。
Well, so do I, but they'll never let us.
我也想進去,不過他們肯定不讓進。
Is that the attitude that helped you get Penny?
你追到佩妮靠的是這態度嗎?
No, but I don't have three years to make that gate feel sorry for me.
不是啊,可是我也沒有三年時間可以讓那個閘門同情我啊。
Uh, there's a speaker box. Drive up, push the button, and let's see what happens.
那邊有個對講機。開過去,按按鈕,看看會發生什么事。
Okay, yeah. What do we have to lose?
好吧。按一下你會損失什么嗎?
I'm a little nervous. Well, get over it. Confidence is key in these situations.
我有點緊張。克服它。這種情況最需要的就是自信。
Right. You pushed it! Are you out of your mind? ! May I help you?
對。你還真按了!你瘋了嗎?!有事能幫忙嗎?
Uh, uh...we don't have an appointment, and-and we don't belong here, but we-we're, like, crazy-big fans.
那個...我們沒有預約,也不應該來這里,但我們是超級瘋狂粉。
I mean..."Crazy for Star Wars" crazy, not crazy like we have a backpack full of duct tape, although we do have a backpack that you really don't want to look in.
我是指"對星戰很瘋狂"的狂熱粉,不是那種有一背包綁架膠帶的瘋子。不過我們的確是有個背包,里面裝滿了你不會想看的東西。
You're blowing it. We want to meet George Lucas and become his friends and play with him!
你要搞砸了。我們想見喬治·盧卡斯,跟他當朋友,跟他一起玩!
Hello? This speaker's not working, just pull up. And that's how it's done.
有人嗎?這對講機失靈了,你們就開進來吧。這么干就對了。