We were called into Principal Brown's office one week before Alex's graduation.
就在艾麗克斯畢業一周前,我們被請到布朗校長的辦公室。
That can mean only one of two things. Either she's gonna be valedictorian or they're giving an award for sexiest dad.
這只有兩種可能。要么艾麗克斯要做學生代表致告別辭,要么他們要給最性感爸爸頒獎了。
We're very proud of Alex.
我們為艾麗克斯感到驕傲。
Honey.
親愛的。

I'm sorry. I just feel like my whole life has been building up to this point.
抱歉。我只是覺得我這輩子的努力一直都在為了這一刻。
I know.
我知道。
Hello, Dunphys.
你們好啊,鄧菲們。
So nice to be able to give you some good news in one of these meetings.
能在繁多的會面中告訴你們一則好消息真是太好了。
How is Haley, by the way?
順便問一句,海莉好嗎?
So sorry we're late. We --
很抱歉我們遲到了,我們...
What's she doing here? - What's he doing here?
她來這里干什么?-他來這里干什么?
Well, Alex and Sanjay, after four years of spirited competition, I am very pleased to tell you that you are the Pali High class of 2015 -- co-valedictorians!
艾麗克斯和桑杰,在四年的激烈競爭之后,我很高興地告訴你們,你們倆將成為巴利高中2015屆的聯合學生代表!
That's amazing! Yes!
太棒了!太棒了!
Couldn't be more proud of the both of you, huh?
太為你們倆感到驕傲了,不是嗎?
What do you mean -- co-valedictorians?
你說聯合學生代表是什么意思?
"Co" is the latin prefix for "together." But really, what do you mean -- co-valedictorians?
"聯合"是拉丁語前綴表意"一起"。但說真的,聯合學生代表是什么意思?
Well, I thought there might be some aggressive questions that, uh, made me nervous, and so I wrote down my remarks.
我料到可能會碰到一些質問...會讓我緊張,所以我就把評論寫下來了。
No, I'm not trying to ruin your lives.
不,我不是要毀掉你們的人生。
It's just that your GPAs are tied to the thousandth of a decimal point.
只是因為你們倆的績點持平小數點后一千位也是一樣的。
But my GPA'S 4.645923. - My GPA's 4.645923.
但我的績點是4.645923。-我的績點是4.645923。
She got an "A-" On the French final.
她法語期末考只得了個A-。
He got an "A-" on an English paper.
他的一篇英語論文只得了A-。
No. This is a nightmare.
不。太恐怖了。
Worst day of my life.
這輩子最糟糕的一天。
Guys, we should be celebrating. This is literally a win/win.
各位,我們該慶祝一番。這是真正意義上的雙贏。
I didn't work my whole life for a tie.
我這輩子這么努力可不是為了平局。
No offense, Principal Brown, but you were a teaching major. I'd like to check the GPAs myself.
無意冒犯,校長,可你只是教育專業。我想自己看看績點。
Have at it.
請便。
What is it with these two?
這倆人怎么了啊?
I agree with them. Ties are un-American. Would you be happy if the Super Bowl ended in a tie?
我同意他們,平局不是美國風格。如果超級碗最后平局了,你會高興嗎?
Yes! There'd be twice as many parades!
會啊!會有兩次奪冠游行!