Oh, yeah, that looks good. Perfect.
哦不錯,看上去完美
The curtain on this voting booth is broken.
這個投票間的簾子壞了
I have a shower curtain at home... has an octopus on it.
我家里有一個上面有章魚圖案的洗澡簾
Uh, Jess, fix this.
啊,杰絲,把它修好
I want Election Day to run as smoothly as possible.
我希望選舉日會像我預想的一樣順利進行
Our way of life depends on it.
我們的日子就靠它了
What do you need our help with?
你需要我們幫你什么
Setting up the polling station.
布置好投票站
In just one week, voters will use our humble restaurant
就在一個星期以后,選民會在我們這個小小的飯店里
to choose between Bill Clinton and Bob Dole.
在比爾·克林頓和鮑勃·多爾之中做出抉擇
Well, at least we're getting paid for this.
好吧,至少還能賺到一點
Only in civic pride. I volunteered.
只賺到了公民榮譽感,這是我自愿的
Divorce.
離婚
Are you gonna register to vote this year, Mom?
你今年會登記投票嗎,媽媽
No interest.
沒興趣
American politics is so boring compared to Taiwan.
美國政治比臺灣政治無聊多了
And those people were in the same party.
那些人還都是一個政黨的
Well, I believe in voting.
好吧,但我信任投票
Who we pick as president matters.
我們對于總統的選擇十分重要
There's so many issues at stake.
現在有那么事情急需解決
Please. It's not as if your vote counts.
拜托,你的選擇沒那么重要
Of course it does. Evan.
當然重要,埃文
The Electoral College
選舉團
violates the rule of "One person, one vote."
違反了“一人一票”的規則
It was made to benefit slave-owners
這是為了通過散發選票
by distributing votes.
而讓奴隸主受益
That means the candidate who wins the popular vote
這意味著,票數最高的候選人
can still lose the election.
也可能會輸掉選舉
And that is extremely undemocratic.
這,就極其的不民主
But you get a sticker.
但你能拿到一卷膠帶
Why are we talking about stuff
你們為什么盡談論些
that no one cares about?!
沒人關心的事情呢
Tupac is dead!
圖派克死了啊
This light always takes forever.
這個紅燈也太久了
Evan, write to the city about this.
埃文,寫封信給市政府投訴
Sure, but they're getting tired of hearing from me.
當然可以,但是他們已經不想再收到我的信了
Are you in a rush, Mom?
你很急嗎,媽媽
I'm late to close a deal I've been working on for months.
有一個我忙了幾個月的合同,我已經遲到了
This house will be my biggest sale yet.
這個房子是我到現在為止最大的一單
Please drive the speed limit. You don't want to hit someone.
請不要超速,你可不想撞到人
You're right.
說得對
Then I would really be late.
那樣我就真會遲到了
Did you guys watch the news this morning?
你們今天早上看新聞了嗎
Yes! The Dow Jones is at an all-time high.
看了,道瓊斯指數達到空前頂峰
Nah, man! I said the news... MTV News.
啊,天哪,我是說新聞,音樂臺新聞
They're trying to pin Tupac's assassination on Biggie!
他們想把圖派克被刺殺這件事怪到貝吉身上
Biggie didn't do it!
可貝吉什么都沒做啊
This is just a big distraction so we don't ask
這就是為了掩人耳目,那樣我們就不會再
how his killer obtained a Glock anyways.
追問那個兇手是怎么拿到他的格洛克槍的
We need better gun control.
我們的槍支管制得更嚴格一點才行
Which is why everyone should Rock The Vote for Clinton.
所以我們就該把票投給克林頓
I like Bob Dole. He seems like a nice, old man.
我喜歡鮑勃·多爾,他看上去是個親切的老男人
He has a zero chance to win.
他完全沒有機會贏得選舉的
Evan, I had no idea you were a Democrat.
埃文,我從來不知道你支持民主黨誒
I belong to no party. I believe in numbers.
我是無黨派者,我只相信數字
And the electoral math doesn't work out for Dole.
從選舉統計的數據看,多爾機會渺茫
Then I guess I just have to work harder
那我覺得,我得更努力地去
spreading the Dole message.
傳播多爾的思想
Is Bob Dole the one that keeps falling off stages?
鮑勃·多爾就是那個總是摔下臺的人嗎
Yeah.
是的
Raul Ruiz!
勞爾·路易斯
Hey!
嘿
I just closed on my first mini-mansion...
我剛剛賣出了我第一個小型別墅
4 bedrooms, 10 baths.
四個臥室,十個衛生間
Very strange ratio, I know, but I made it work.
我知道這個比例很奇怪,但我做到了
I know... It's a very big deal.
我知道,這單很大
Mm-hmm. How's the condo market?
嗯,你的公寓賣得如何
Ohhh.
哦
Well, I'll try to send some business your way.
我會盡量給你多拉點生意的
You know...
你知道嗎
I remember when I sold my first big house.
我記得我賣掉我第一個大房子的時候
Practically my whole commission went to taxes.
事實上,我所有的傭金都用來交稅了
Based on the amount of time I spent making the sale,
考慮上我在那筆生意上花的時間
I actually wound up losing money.
我其實是虧本的
Congratulations on your success.
恭喜你成功了
We've wanted her since sixth grade.
從六年級開始,我們就想坐在這張桌子上了
The second-best table in the cafeteria.
這是食堂里第二好的桌子
And it's right next to the gym door.
而且她就靠著體育館門
If you want to go play some ball, it's right there.
如果你想去打球,走幾步就到了
And there's finally enough room for all of us.
而且,終于我們所有人都有位置了
None of us have to sit on the floor.
不用多出一個人坐在地板上了
You mean I don't have to sit on the floor.
你的意思是,我不用再坐在地板上了
There was no rotation, Dave.
當時沒得選擇,戴夫
I still can't believe we got her.
我還是無法相信我們已經得到她了
Our only real competition was Ned and his friends.
我們唯一的真正對手可是奈得和他的朋友
Thank God he got into Morrissey.
謝天謝地他愛上了莫里西
Singing, frowning, wearing a flower in his back pocket...
唱歌,皺眉,在他的后口袋里插花
Now he eats lunch all alone.
現在他只能獨自吃午飯了
Guys, can we agree we're killing it in eighth grade?
伙計們,我們八年級的時候肯定橫掃學校了吧
Just like how Biggie killed Tupac.
就像貝吉殺了圖派克那樣橫掃
One... East Coast/West Coast rivalry sells albums.
第一點,東海岸和西海岸的對抗會讓唱票大賣
Biggie needed 'Pac to get paid.
貝吉需要圖派克來賺錢
Two... Puffy loves Biggie too much
第二點,帕非很喜歡貝吉
to let him do something stupid like this.
他不會讓做出這種蠢事的
Three... Biggie travels by train.
第三點,貝吉出門都乘火車
So you mean to tell me that Biggie traveled
而你現在是在告訴我,貝吉
from New York to Las Vegas,
從紐約一路坐到拉斯維加斯
saw the sunrise over the Grand Canyon,
在大運河上看過日出后
and he still had enough anger inside him to shoot Tupac?
依舊難以壓抑內心的怒火,跑去開槍打死了圖派克嗎
Biggie's innocent.
貝吉是無辜的
Okay. If Biggie didn't do it, then who did?
好吧,但是如果他沒有殺人,是誰殺的呢
Oh, I have my theories.
哦,我心中已有人選
I'm so sad
我痛不欲生
I'm so lonely, lonely
我獨自一人,寂寞萬分
Lo-o-nely
寂寞萬分
I was sittin' at a red light
我坐在紅燈前
Oh. Hey. Check it out, boss.
哦,嘿,看這個,老板
I've repurposed some of our Halloween stuff.
我重新組裝了一下我們的萬圣節剩下的東西
And amber waves of brains!
看那泛著波光的腦漿
You're going to ruin Election Day.
你會毀了選舉日的
Hey! Did you sell the house?
嘿,你賣出那套房子了嗎
Yes.
當然
Congratulations!
恭喜你
Where's your celebration dance?
你的慶祝舞蹈呢
Are you okay? No!
你還好嗎,不好
Raul Ruiz said that this big commission I earned
勞爾·路易斯說這筆我現在賺了這么大的一筆錢
is going to push us into a higher tax bracket.
要被征收的稅也只會更多
I looked into it, and it's true.
我查了查,他說得對
I'm going to end up losing money on this sale
我做這單生意還虧本了呢
to pay more stupid taxes.
就為了付那愚蠢的稅
Well, you know, taxes aren't all bad.
你知道,稅并不都是壞事
They pay for stuff we need, like roads and schools.
他們會為我們需要的東西付錢,比如道路和學校
Whose side are you on...
你到底站在哪邊
It's outrageous that I should have to...
我難以忍受我要
Hector?
赫克托
Is this your car?
是你的車嗎
Ye-e-ah!
耶
I'm into street racing.
我最近愛上了街頭競賽
I have a body for drifting...
我的身體能完美適應
A perfect 50/50 weight split.
塞車的五五重量劃分
Lucky you. My body's dumb.
你真是幸運,我的身體就很木
Look at this paint job.
看這個漆匠活
It's like a blue car drove through a gold waterfall
就像是一輛藍車穿過了金色的瀑布
and then the wind just started blowing the gold away.
之后,風開始吹拂這片金色
Hell yeah.
天哪太棒了
Check out my exhaust, too. Cost me about 1,000 bones.
看看排氣管,這花了我大概一千塊
$1,000?
一千美元嗎
I dropped 10 grand under the hood, too.
我還在我的車篷上花了十塊
You can't be part of the Brown Rice Car Club
如果你沒有一輛好車的話,怎么可能
without coming correct.
成為棕米車俱樂部的一員呢
How do you afford all this? You're a cook.
你怎么買得起這個,你只是個廚子
And I'm supposed to split my tips with you. And I don't.
本來我應該跟你平分小費的,現在我不了
It's all right.
沒關系
I know you and Herb are saving up for a gazebo.
我知道你和赫伯在存錢買一個露臺
Yeah. I always have a little extra
是啊,我總有點小存款
'cause I don't pay the taxman.
因為我不需要納稅
I took this business seminar by Wesley Snipes.
我過去參加韋斯利·斯奈普斯的業務研討會
It really opened up my eyes.
那真的開闊了我的視野
Yeah.
是啊
Jimmy just wants to fly a kite.
吉米只是想放風箏
Where are the children supposed to play?
孩子們究竟該去哪里玩耍
Support the Clean Parks Initiative.
請支持清潔公園倡議
Vote "Yes" On Prop B.
為B提案投出寶貴的一票
Hm. I'm definitely voting for that.
恩,我肯定投這個
All these political ads... you know they're just
這些政治廣告,你知道的他們只是
using that kid to manipulate you.
利用兒童來影響你
This is Sarah.
這是薩拉
Here we go again.
又來了
What's wrong with Sarah?
薩拉又怎么了
Sarah has a dream...
薩拉有個夢想
that voters will pass a bond measure
選民們將通過債券
for a new mixed-use sports arena.
建一個新的多用途體育館
That's just another thing that my taxes are going to pay for
這肯定又要用我交的稅來建了
that Hector will get to use for free.
但是赫克托卻能免費使用
Is he an illegal immigrant?
他是非法移民嗎
It's "Undocumented immigrant."
正確的說法是“無證件”移民
Saying "Illegal" Is kind of offensive.
說“非法”有點過分了
And no, Hector's a citizen. How do you know?
而且不對,赫克托是正式公民,你咋知道
He has a Social Security number.
他有社保號碼
Well, then, doesn't the government
好吧,那么,政府
take taxes out of his paycheck?
難道不從他薪水里扣除稅收嗎
No, because he asked me to pay him
不,因為他要我通過
through his corporation, Technotron Logistics.
他的公司,結型管效應物流,給他工資
Hector is incorporated?!
赫克托還有合并公司
But it costs a lot of money to incorporate.
但那要花了不少錢
We're not even incorporated.
我們甚至都還沒有合并
Yeah, and I keep telling you we should be.
沒錯,但我一直和你說我們應該要去合并
Yes, it costs money now,
是啊,那是得要花錢
but we'd be saving so much money in the future.
但我們可以未來存不少錢
I stopped listening after you said "It costs money now."
你說“那得花錢”之后我就沒聽你說話了
Illegal immigrants keep coming onto our shores.
非法移民一直不停地來到我們的海岸
The federal government won't stop them,
聯邦政府非但不阻止他們
yet makes us pay billions to take care of them.
反而要我們花幾十億元錢去照顧他們
But the Wall Keepers want to stop that.
但“守護者聯盟”們想阻止這一切
I'm Jack Clovis, president of the Wall Keepers
我是杰克·克洛維斯,守護者聯盟的總統
and owner of a Blimpie Subs & Salads.
還是布里姆公司一艘沙拉潛艇的擁有者
I want to end illegal immigration
我想通過在海岸邊建起
by putting up a wall of Border Patrol agents
一堵由邊境巡邏人員組成的人墻,來終結
on our shore.
非法移民
Enough is enough.
事情該有個了斷了
Also, come down to Blimpie's.
還有,記得來我的三明治店
We've improved our crabmeat.
我們最近改進了蟹肉的口味
Such fearmongering. Can you believe this ad?
這么散布恐懼,你能相信這個廣告嗎
Put those back.
把那些放回去
This is messed up. Why?
這糟透了,為什么
You're a citizen, so... doesn't apply to you.
你是個公民,所以,對你不適用
Jessica, these signs are a huge polling violation.
杰西卡,掛上這些標志嚴重違反了投票的規定
No electioneering within 100 feet of a polling place.
投票站100英尺內不能有拉票活動
I thought you'd be happy.
我以為你會高興的
I now see the point in voting.
我現在發現投票的重點在哪了
But this proposition is anti-immigrant.
但這個提案可是反對移民
So? You're an immigrant.
所以呢,你自己就是移民的
I'm a legal immigrant.
我是合法移民
I did it the right way.
我通過正當的途徑
I went through the immigration process.
我經歷了整個移民申請過程
I waited my turn.
我等到了我的機會
I didn't jump the line.
又沒有插隊
This is just about fairness.
這事關公平
Oh. Hector, come back.
噢,赫克托,回來
He's the only one with the key to the freezer.
只有他那有冰箱的鑰匙
Tupac wanted to leave Death Row Records.
圖派克想離開死囚唱片公司
His killer is obviously Suge Knight!
他的兇手顯然是蘇治·耐特
Shh! Don't say his name, fool!
噓,別說他的名字,傻瓜
He's like a hip-hop Candyman!
他就像一個嘻哈甜心寶貝
Shh! Don't say "Candyman."
噓,別說甜心寶貝
Man, screw Tupac.
老兄,去你的圖派克
Hey! Hey! Ooh!
嘿,噢,嘿
Tupac wasn't really a thug!
圖派克不是真正的暴徒
He went to a fancy performing-arts school.
他去了一家高級表演藝術學校
He studied acting and ballet.
學了表演和芭蕾
He was in "The Nutcracker" And played the damn Mouse King.
他在胡桃夾子里演那只老鼠國王
"Thug life"? Try "Hug life."
暴徒生活,還不如說是擁抱生活
That's immaterial, homey.
那些都不重要的,老兄
Walter, stick to the question at hand.
沃爾特,說回剛才說的話題
Who do you think killed him?
你覺得是誰殺的
Courtney Love.
科特妮·洛芙
That's stupid!
不可能
This has Tony Danza written all over it.
托尼·丹扎都寫過了
For real?!
真的嗎
I just read in Source magazine
我剛看了《源》雜志
that Tony Danza used to write to 'Pac when he was in prison.
托尼·丹扎在蹲監獄的時候曾經寫信給圖派克
So? They're pen pals.
所以呢,他倆是筆友
It's super-weird but not a big deal.
這很奇怪,可沒啥大不了
Yeah, but here's the thing about Tony Danza...
是的,但是這有件關于托尼·丹扎的事
He doesn't like it when other people succeed.
他不喜歡看到別人成功
Tony Danza is the first person to lift someone up!
他可是第一個鼓舞人心的家伙
His letters were the only thing keeping 'Pac alive!
他的信是圖派克活著唯一的理由
I have a question...
我有個問題
Who's Tupac, again?
再問一遍,誰是圖派克
I bet Lil' Kim and Faith Evans teamed up.
我敢打賭莉莉金和費絲·伊文斯聯手了
Naw, man! It was... No, I know who did it!
不是的,老兄,其實是... 不對,我知道是誰干的
It's my turn to talk, tricks!
騙子們,輪到我說話了
No, I think it's your turn to shut up!
不,我覺得該你閉嘴了
Your mom didn't tell me to shut up
我帶你媽去吃晚飯看電影時
when I took her to dinner and a movie.
她可沒叫我閉嘴
Oh, did you order the nuggets off the kids menu?
噢,你有沒有從孩童菜單上點一份金塊
Ask her to cut up your hot dog?
請她切掉你的熱狗
At least Brian believes in Christmas.
起碼布萊恩相信圣誕節
We are Unitarian!
我們是一神論者
I can't listen to a guy who has a crush on the school nurse.
我可不能聽信一個喜歡學校護士的人
She's fine and she take care of me.
她人很好,而且她很照顧我
You know what? I'm not really enjoying this table right now.
你知道嗎,我現在可不喜歡這張桌子
Me neither. This blows. I'm out.
我也不喜歡,這糟透了,我走了
Guys, come back! We could lose the table!
哥們,回來,我們會失去這張桌子的
Did Tupac sing "Parents Just Don't Understand"?
圖派克有沒有唱過《家長就是不明白》
Guys?!
哥們
Vote for Bob Dole?
為鮑勃·多爾投一票吧
Don't you want to vote for a sweet grandpa?
你難道不想為一位可愛的爺爺投票嗎
Vote for Bob Dole.
為鮑勃·多爾投一票吧
Are you voting for Clinton or Dole this year, sir?
先生,你今年準備投給克林頓還是多爾
I'm voting for the Green Party candidate.
我會投給綠黨的候選人
Oh. Okay.
噢,好吧
Well, I'll vote for this chair, then,
那么我會投給這把椅子
'cause it has an equal chance of winning.
因為他倆贏得選舉的機會是一樣的
Here, Emery. Let me help you.
來吧,埃默里,讓我來幫你
Here you go. Vote for Dole.
拿去吧,為多爾投票
Thanks, Evan.
謝謝,埃文
I'm thrilled you've decided to join the revolution.
我很激動你已經決定加入這場革命了
Oh, I haven't.
噢,我還沒有
I'm just trying to prove to you
我只是想向你證明
that we can hand out all these buttons
就算我們可以發完這些紐扣
and it still won't make a difference.
也絲毫不會影響到選舉的結果
Listen to the wind, brother.
順其自然吧,老哥
Boys! No electioneering within 100 feet of a polling place!
孩子們,投票點100英尺內不準有任何拉票活動
What about Hector?
那赫克托呢
No! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!
不,不,不,不
What the hell?!
搞什么鬼
I brought my car club to protest
我帶了我的汽車俱樂部成員來抗議
Jessica's support of Prop 187.
杰西卡對第187號提案的支持
Don't worry. They'll be gone soon.
別擔心,他們很快就要走了
I called the authorities.
我給政府打了電話
The police can't do anything. It's a peaceful protest.
警察什么也做不了,這是個和平抗議
I didn't call the police.
我并不是打給了警察
Wake up!
快醒來
Register and vote!
注冊然后投票
Rock the Vote!
讓投票嗨起來
Naw. My friends are irritating the hell out of me right now.
不要,我的小伙伴們現在快把我煩死了
They all act like they're the smartest ones at the table.
他們表現得好像自己是桌上最聰明的人
I don't need to be around people like that.
我才不想跟他們那種人一起混
But Biggie didn't kill Tupac!
但是貝吉沒有殺了圖派克
Thank you.
謝謝你
And now for the posthumous premiere
現在是圖派克死后首映的
of Tupac's "Toss It Up,"
《全扔掉》
featuring Danny Boy and K-Ci & JoJo.
由丹尼男孩和KC久久主演
Toss it up
全扔掉
Lord have mercy, Father help us all
主有慈悲,神父幫助我們所有人
Since you supplied your phone number
因為你主動給了你的電話
I can't help but call
所以我忍不住打了你的電話
Time for action, conversatin', we relaxin'
是時候行動了,交談吧,我們放松
Oh, my God.
噢,我的上帝
I can't believe you called INS to do a sweep.
我不敢相信你竟叫了移民局來清查
If everyone is here legally, there should be no problem.
如果在場的每個人都是合法身份,那應該就沒問題啊
You can still get him.
你們還能抓到他
There's a long, terrible light at the end of the street.
在這條街盡頭有一個等待時間超長的紅燈
It takes, like, five minutes.
它需要等五分鐘左右
Ma'am, you'll have to come with us. Why?
女士,你必須跟我們來一趟,為什么
We ran a check on everyone here
我們對在場的所有人做了檢查
and found two illegal immigrants...
并發現兩名非法移民
Hector Martinez and you.
赫克托·馬丁內茲和你
What?! Ma'am?
什么,女士
Ma'am?
女士
She's shutting down.
她把自己封閉起來了
I've seen this before... When Connie Chung
我之前也見過她這個樣子,當宗毓華
blew off her autograph request at Nordstrom's.
取消了她在百貨店的簽售會時候,她就是這樣
Again, we don't speak Spanish.
再說一次,我們不說西班牙語
He was the only attorney I could find on short notice.
他是我在這么短時間內可以請到的唯一的律師
Plus, he gave me a free T-shirt.
而且,他給了我一件免費短袖
Okay, here.
好吧,看過來
Just fill this out to update your Green Card
只要填好這個,更新你的綠卡
and restore your permanent-resident status.
就可以重獲你的永久居民身份
I thought "Permanent resident" Meant "Permanent."
我還以為永久居民就意味著永久
I didn't know I had to keep renewing my Green Card.
我不知道我還要一直更新我的綠卡
I would have found this out sooner
我本來可以更早發現這點的
if you'd ever registered to vote.
如果你早先就注冊參加投票的話
I'm a permanent resident. It's basically the same thing.
我是一個永久居民,基本上是沒差的
So you just plan to have a Green Card forever.
所以你打算永遠使用綠卡
Don't you want to become a citizen?
你難道不想成為美國公民嗎
I tried, but the process was so...
我試過了,但是過程實在是太
They interrogate you and they ask you
他們審問你并且問了你無數個問題
a million questions, like you're a criminal,
就好像你是個犯人一樣
like they're trying to catch you in a lie.
就好像他們準備逮住你在撒謊
Plus, you have to take a test,
而且,你得參加一個考試
memorize the Pledge of Allegiance.
記下效忠誓言
Why would I want to do all that?
為什么我要受這些罪
To vote, to be on game shows...
為了投票,為了參加游戲展會
It takes years, it's expensive,
過程要好幾年,非常貴
and it's all for a piece of paper
而且只是為了一張紙
that will make no difference in my day-to-day life.
這張紙對我的日常生活沒有絲毫改變
Is that why you never wear the American-flag pin I got you?
這就是你為什么從來不戴我給你的美國國旗別針嗎
No, I don't wear that because I don't like holes in my shirt.
不是,我不戴那個是因為我不喜歡在我的衣服上有洞
I'll send you a bill.
我會給你寄一份賬單
And I will wait till the final-reminder letter
我會一直等到最后一封提示信時
to pay it.
才去付款
Oh. Hector called.
噢,赫克托打來電話
He quit.
他辭職了
He's afraid to set foot in here
他不敢踏進這里半步
now that the INS knows about him.
現在移民局已經知道他了
So he really is undocumented.
所以他真的是無證件居民
He said his folks came here from Mexico
他說他還是個嬰兒的時候,他的家人們
for a better life when he was a baby.
就為了過上更好的生活,從墨西哥來到了這里
I bet he was a really cute baby.
我打賭他是一個非常可愛的嬰兒
Well, I'm sorry about Hector,
我對赫克托的事很抱歉
but the rules are the rules.
但規定就是規定
How could you say that?
你怎么能這么說
Right now, you're technically an undocumented immigrant, too.
現在,嚴格上說,你也是個無證件的移民
But my situation is different.
但我的情況不同
I just messed up some paperwork.
我只是文件沒有申請正確
Hector is here illegally.
赫克托可是非法的
Do you know who the original illegal immigrants were?
你知道最早的非法移民是誰嗎
The Pilgrims.
清教徒
This country was founded by illegal immigrants.
這個國家就是由非法移民建起來的
Like my porcelain Colonial mice figurines.
就好像我的陶瓷老鼠殖民雕像一樣
I know.
我知道
And I respect them.
而且我尊重他們
This issue is too complex to be reduced to a sound bite...
這件事太復雜,不能化小
Like that Wall Keepers ad that manipulated you.
就像那個操控你的看門廣告一樣
Or that Clean Parks ad that manipulated you.
或者那個清潔公園的廣告操控了你一樣
That's different. Jimmy needs to fly his kite.
那不一樣,我們得讓吉米有機會放風箏啊
Look, people like Hector are stuck in a gray area.
聽著,像赫克托一樣的人們正處于灰色地帶
His parents brought him here. He was raised in this country.
他的父母把他帶來,他在這個國家長大
He loves America. He has a family.
他熱愛美國,他有一個家庭
What if it were you?
如果那是你呢
Besides, he's the hardest worker we have.
而且,他是我們這里最勤勞的員工
I mean, who's gonna do a better job... Nancy?
我的意思是,誰能更好地勝任這個工作,南希嗎
I've already dropped two taco platters,
我已經砸掉了兩個卷餅盤子
and I'm not even on the clock yet.
我都還沒有到上班的鐘點呢
Thank you for coming.
感謝你們能來
I'm sorry things got so heated.
我很抱歉事態演變得如此劇烈
That "Hot dog" Comment hurt.
那個熱狗的說法很傷人
I have to cut them up because my jaw has a weak hinge.
我不得不切斷它,因為我的下頜咬合力很弱
And we could've lost our friendship
而且我們友誼的小船翻了
over what turned out was just us being ill-informed.
而且是因為我們被誤導了
New information has come to light.
新的信息已大白于天下
What are you pointing at?
你在指什么呢
Wait for it.
等著吧
Lord have mercy, Father...
主有慈悲,神父
He's wearing Penny Hardaways!
他穿著哈達威的鞋子
And when did Nike release those?
耐克什么時候發行這些的
Like... A week ago.
好像是,一周以前
Which is way after Tupac died.
這時候圖派克已經死了
It's like this video was shot after his death.
就好像這個視頻是在他死后拍攝的
So, are you saying...
所以,你是說
Tupac is not the guy that sang "Parents Just Don't Understand"?
圖派克不是唱那首《父母就是不明白》的歌的人
What I'm saying is that none of us are right
我想說的是,關于圖派克是被誰殺死的
about who killed Tupac...
我們全說錯了
Because Tupac is still alive.
因為圖派克還活著
It makes sense.
有道理
Walter said he was an actor.
沃爾特說過他是一名演員
Maybe Tupac staged his death to get out of the rap game.
也許圖派克自導自演了他的死亡,就為了跳出說唱圈子
Well, that's stupid.
好吧,那真愚蠢
He probably did it to boost sales.
他可能是為了促進銷量
Yo! We can disagree and still be friends.
你看,我們可以意見不同,但仍是朋友
It doesn't have to turn into a fight.
我們不需要吵架
Like, we can insult each other, but just do it in a funny way.
就好像,我們可以互相辱罵,但可以用一種有趣的方式
Like how you're a baby who sleeps with a Gloworm?
就好像你是個抱著螢火蟲睡覺的孩子一樣
Not like that, no.
不是那樣的,不行
Sorry.
抱歉
It's okay.
沒關系
I'm just saying...
我只是想說
Every time a rapper dies, their sales go up.
每次有說唱歌手死掉,他們的唱片銷量都會上升
So it makes sense that Tupac would've thought...
所以說得通,圖派克可能已經想到了
Voting is about to begin.
投票要開始了
I'm expecting long lines.
我覺得會排起長隊
If you can't handle it, guess what.
如果你不能處理這個場面,你猜怎么著
You can.
不行也得行
Hey, boss.
嗨老板
Hector. I thought you quit.
赫克托,我以為你辭職了
I did. But then, uh, Jessica called me.
我本來辭了,但后來,杰西卡打電話給我
We went to see that immigration attorney.
我們去見了那個移民律師
He figured out how to get Hector right with the law.
他想出來怎么讓赫克托變成合法的
I have to pay all my back taxes, but if I sell my car,
我必須付清過去所有稅款,但如果我賣了車
then I should be able to cover what I owe.
我就可以還清我欠下的
I'll have to return to Mexico for 30 days
我必須回墨西哥三十天
and, uh, reapply for my visa,
重新申請我的簽證
but, uh, he said it shouldn't be a problem.
但是他說應該沒什么問題
But when he comes back,
但當他回來后
Hector's going to help us incorporate.
赫克托將會幫我們合并
He says it will cost money now,
他說那是得要花錢
but we'll save so mu money in the future.
但將來我們會省下一大筆
That is literally what I said. I said the exact same thing.
這正是我說的,我說了完全一樣的東西
I think you put Hector through enough.
我相信你已經讓赫克托受夠了
We are even now.
現在我們扯平了
Please don't embarrass me by thanking me,
請別用感謝來讓我難堪
and I won't embarrass you by apologizing.
而且我也不會道歉來讓你難堪
O...kay.
好吧
I'm sorry for not being straight with you, boss.
我很抱歉我沒有實話實說,老板
It's all right.
沒關系
I really thought you were a citizen, though.
不過我真以為你是美國公民
You gave me a Social Security number.
你給了我一個社保號碼
I gave you the code to get directly to Mike Tyson
我給了你在《拳無虛發》游戲里
in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
直接打到邁克·泰森的密碼
007-37-3596
007-37-3596.
Oh.
哦
It's time to go live!
是時候開始啦
Unlock the doors.
打開大門
Precinct 42 is officially open for democracy!
42選區正式向民主開放
I can't believe only four voters showed up.
我不敢相信只有四個人來投票
With voter apathy at an all-time high,
選民們的漠不關心程度達到歷史最高
this election had the lowest turnout in modern history.
這次選舉是現代歷史上參加率最低的一次
But break out the Cuban sandwiches,
但卻造成了古巴大三明治的走紅
because Prop. 187 was stopped at the border.
因為第187號提提案在國境線上被截停了下來
What Gus is trying to say is that it was defeated.
格斯想說的是它沒有通過
It's a confusing, racially problematic
他的措辭比較有迷惑性
choice of words.
有種族歧視的嫌疑
Well, tell that to all the open mics where it killed.
好吧這句話該向著支持他的人去說
Countywide early returns indicate
全國范圍內的票站調查顯示
all precincts went to Bill Clinton.
所有選區傾向了比爾·克林頓
Hell yeah!
太好了
Except for Precinct 42,
除了選區42號
where Bob Dole miraculously won by a landslide!
在這里鮑勃·多爾奇跡般地獲勝
Yes! You said that Bob Dole wouldn't win any precincts!
太好了,你說過鮑勃·多爾不會贏下任何一個選區的
Yes, congratulations on your victory, Emery.
是啊,恭喜你勝利了,埃默里
Who did you vote for, Dad?
你投給了誰,爸爸
Oh, no.
哦,不
I was so focused on running the polling station,
我太專注于管理投票點了
I forgot to vote.
我忘記投票了
I'm part of the problem.
我就是那些漠不關心的選民
You are also part of the solution.
但你解決了一個問題
I decided I'm going to apply for citizenship.
我決定申請入籍
That's fantastic!
太棒了
I'm not going to let the process intimidate me.
我不會被入籍過程嚇倒的
Bring on the interrogation. I'm ready.
開始審問吧,我準備好了
Mm. I want to be able to vote.
嗯,我想要參加投票
And to be on "Wheel of Fortune" One day.
并且有一天能參加幸運輪
Whoo!
哇
Oh, no! Our table!
哦不,我們的桌子
I'm depressed.
我很郁悶
What do we do?
我們怎么辦
I'm not gonna tell him to move. It would devastate him.
我不會叫他走開的,那會讓他崩潰的
I guess we'll make it work.
我猜我們能搞定的
Of course I'm sitting on the floor again.
當然,我又得坐在了地板上
Of course I am.
當然了
We'll do a rotation. I...
我們輪流,我
Oh, don't!
別