"The head of the family is the one with the tail."
“有尾巴的這位先森才是家里的老大”
God, I want to see this.
天呀,我要看這部
Finding everything okay, Louis?
沒啥問題吧,路易斯
Oh, uh, yep.
喔,恩,沒什么問題
Thanks, Corey. Just browsing.
多謝關心,科雷,我就隨便看看
In the critter capers section?
呃,在動物喜劇區嗎
Oh. I thought it said "Criterion capers."
哦,我看成經典喜劇了啦
Like silent french police dramas.
像那個法國探長的默劇
inspector.
“糊涂大偵探”
oh, here's the movie I was looking for.
哦,我一直在找這部電影呢
"La choffey."
“精靈之嗝”(這短語在法語里是小精靈的意思)
"La chouffe."
是“精靈之歌”
Gnome's folly. It's a great choice.
這地精蠢呆了,你真有眼光
See, this is why
看吧,這就是為什么
you're one of our favorite customers, louis.
你是我們最受歡迎的顧客之一,路易斯
You get film.
你,總是能發現好電影
Most of the other people who come in here,
很多來這兒的人
they just want the latest Mel Gibson movie
只是想找梅爾·吉布森的最新電影
or something with cars fighting.
或是些車啊,追來追去的電影
But not you. You're one of us.
但你不是,你跟我們一樣有品位
I really am.
我也這么覺得
Oh, okay, you have a $2 late fee on "Das boot."
噢,好吧,你還欠了兩美元的《潛艇風暴》滯納金
But, uh, since you're a fellow cinephile,
但是,你懂得,你可是和咱志趣相投的影迷啊
I'm just gonna go ahead
那我就幫你
And das boot that right off your account.
把這筆賬“一筆勾銷”了吧
I understand that reference.
我懂你的梗
Uh, and your other rentals are due back Tuesday.
對了,你借的其他片子周二就到期,記得還哦
Other rentals?
其他片子
Somebody from your family came in last week
上周你家里人來這兒了
and rented a bunch of movies.
還租了一堆電影
What? Who?
什么?誰?
Our store policy says we can't reveal our customers' identities
我們店里不允許我們透露顧客的身份
or any specifics on the account,
或者他們賬戶的其他信息
But I can tell you they have terrible taste.
但我跟你說,他們的品位爛到不行
If it were up to me, they'd be due back never.
要是我說了算,我不用他們還了
But it's not.
但不是我說了算
So, it's Tuesday.
那,周二記得還啊
Eddie, up now! School!
埃迪,趕緊起床啊!要去上學啦!
Who's Eddie? I'm Dorf.
埃迪是哪位?我是多爾夫
"Leonard, keep your eye on the ball."
“雷納德,盯緊球啊”
I don't know who that is, but I don't have time for jokes.
我不知道你在演誰,但我沒時間跟你開玩笑
Stop playing invalids and get dressed.
別再裝病號了,趕緊穿好衣服啊
Okay, who was it?
好吧,到底是誰
Who used my card to rent movies?
是誰用了我的會員卡去租電影
Just tell me who it was.
告訴我是誰就行了
I won't be mad. Come on.
我不會生氣的,拜托
I know one of you took my card, went to the video store,
我知道是你們之中的一個家伙,拿了我的卡,去了錄像店
embarrassed me in front of Corey.
讓我在科雷面前出丑
Louis, nobody knows what you're talking about.
路易斯,沒人懂你在說什么玩意兒
Let the boys focus on their breakfast.
就讓孩子們趕緊把早餐吃完吧
Staring contest.
干瞪眼比賽開始
I didn't know. It's too early to compete.
我不造啊,現在就比太早了啊
Too late. I'm staring at you!
晚了,我已經開始瞪你了
Eddie, stop distracting Evan.
埃迪,別再分散埃文注意力了
He has a spelling test. He needs to eat.
他今天有個拼寫測試,他得吃點東西
You can still eat, right, Evan?
你可以一邊吃一邊瞪眼,對吧,埃文
I never wanted this.
我從沒想過要這樣
I'll wait outside.
我先去外面等你們吧
Game over. Now move.
游戲結束了,趕緊走
We tied!
我們打了個平手
Okay, come on. We got to go.
好啦,快點,我們得出發了
Let's go. Come on, please.
動作麻利點,好不
Mom. I need you to sign this.
媽,你得在這上面簽個字
I'm not gonna sign another doctor's note
我不會再給你簽什么
granting you permission to eat two lunches.
讓你吃兩份午餐的醫生證明了
It's my permission slip for my history-class field trip.
這是我的歷史戶外課的同意書啦
Field trips are just paid vacations for teachers.
戶外課只不過是那些老師的帶薪休假啦
I don't pay taxes so they can walk around a museum
讓他們帶著我們的孩子在博物館里亂轉
telling our children
然后告訴他們這幅罐頭的畫是多么的好看
that a painting of a soup can is beautiful.
這我可不買賬
What?! But...
蝦米?可是...
When your class goes on the field trip,
你們班去上戶外課的時候
you can just do clc in the library.
你就待圖書館學點中文啊
End of discussion. Okay.
就這樣打住,行了
You never let me do anything.
你從來都不讓我做任何事
Louis, I'm going with Honey to the mall to run some errands.
路易斯,我要跟蜜兒去商場辦點兒事
Maybe I'll eat a pretzel or a doughnut.
可能我就在那里吃份椒鹽卷餅或是個甜甜圈了
Okay! Just finishing my coffee,
知道了,等我把咖啡喝完
and then I'm off to work like normal.
我就像平時一樣去上班啦
Just as soon as I find those tapes.
就在我找到那些錄像帶之后
What the hell?
什么鬼
So many nipples.
怎么那么多“奶奶”
Ah! Don't lift him by the neck, Louis.
啊!你抬它的時候別抓它脖子啊,路易斯
Lift him by the sphenoid.
抓蝶骨就好了
Uh-huh. Uh-huh.
嗯哼,做的不錯
Uh, Marvin, I actually just came over
對了,馬文,實際上,我這次過來
to ask your advice about something.
是想讓你給我一些建議
Uh, okay. What a beauty.
啊,好了,真美啊
You know, I got him when he was drinking water.
你知道嗎,我打死它的時候,它正在喝水呢
Pow. That's why his tongue's out.
砰,這就是為什么它舌頭是露出來的
anyway, what were you saying?
嗯,你剛剛說什么
Oh, um, does Honey ever...
哦,嗯,蜜兒有沒有...
look at other men?
看過別的男人
Why?
怎么這么問
What the hell did you hear?
你他媽的聽說什么了
Nothing.
沒聽說什么
Uh, it's just... I found some tapes
呃,只是...我在杰西卡那半邊床的底下
under Jessica's side of the bed.
找到了一些錄影帶
Shirtless-men tapes.
都是些半裸男人的錄像帶
Shirtless-men tapes?
半裸男人的錄影帶
Action movies.
都是動作片
Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Van Damme.
史泰龍,施瓦辛格,尚格云頓
Oh. Uh-huh.
哦,啊哈哈
And you're worried that you're not giving Jessica
所以你就擔心自己沒有滿足
the macho action-movie energy she clearly craves.
杰西卡對動作片里的那種男性陽剛之氣的渴望
You know, now that I hear it out loud,
和你說,現在聽到有人把這感覺說出來
It does sound kind of crazy.
還真的有點兒想多了啊
No, it doesn't.
不,你沒有想多
You should be worried.
你是應該為此擔心
What? She probably kept it a secret from you
什么?可能她是因為不想傷害你的感情
because she didn't want to hurt your feelings,
才瞞著你不說的
which you shouldn't even have in the first place.
可是你完全不應該覺得自己被傷害了
Maybe you're right, Marvin.
也許你是對的,馬文
Tonight, I'm going to sit her down and really talk it out.
今晚,我要和她坐下來,好好談談
Talk? That's what got you into this mess.
談?你就是因為這樣,才會遇到這種問題的
They're action heroes, not talking heroes.
你看他們都是動作英雄,不是嘴炮英雄啊
You want to solve the problem, you got to act.
你要想解決問題,就得用實際行動
You think I took that stag to tea
你以為我是和那頭鹿喝了個茶
and floated the idea of mounting his head on my wall?
然后心血來潮就把它的腦袋掛在墻上的嗎
No. I just did it. Pow!
不,我就是直接開了一槍,砰
You want to stop Jessica from watching those tapes?
你想讓杰西卡不要再看那些片子嗎?
You got to show her you can be that kind of a man.
那你就要證明給她看,你就是那樣的男人
Pow. Pow. Pow! Pow!
砰,砰,砰,砰
I'm telling you, it was him!
我跟你說了,那就是他
Why would Steven Tyler be at the sharper image in Orlando?
為什么史蒂芬·泰勒(美國音樂人)會出現在奧蘭多的尖端印象店里
Because he wants a fogless shave mirror, honey.
因為他要買一個防霧的剃須鏡,蜜兒
Anyway, how's everything else?
不管了,最近過得怎樣
How are your boys doing?
你家孩子們怎么樣
Fine. Eddie's mad at me
很好啊,埃迪和我發脾氣
because I won't let him go on his history field trip.
因為我不讓他參加歷史戶外課
The one to colonial floridatowne?
是去弗羅里達的殖民小鎮嗎
Believe me, you're doing the right thing.
相信我,你做得太對了
I chaperoned when Nicole went,
妮可兒去的時候我陪著去過了
and let's just say the bathrooms are very realistic.
我們就說說廁所這個最現實的問題吧
Did you just say colonial floridatowne?
你剛才是說弗羅里達的殖民小鎮嗎
They are literally wood sheds with a hole in the ground.
那些廁所其實就是些小木屋,然后在地上挖了洞而已
I love colonial American history!
我超愛美國殖民歷史噠
Colonial Americans were like the Chinese of today.
美國的殖民者就像現在的中國人
Their struggle, their work ethic,
他們的掙扎,他們的工作理念
Their ability to use every single part of the buffalo.
他們物盡其用的能力
I mean, you've seen my porcelain colonial mice.
我的意思是,你看過我那些陶瓷殖民老鼠了吧
What the...?
什么...
Colonial americans survived
美國殖民者在最艱苦的環境里
under the harshest of circumstances,
生存下來了
And for that, they deserve our respect.
正因為此,他們值得我們尊敬
Look at this one.
看看這一個
proud, hard-working,
驕傲,勤勞
holding out her milk jug to the world
把牛奶罐子伸向了這個世界
as if to say, "Show me your worst, America.
好像在說,“美國,盡管把你最糟糕的一面展示給我吧
I'll still have milk."
我還是有牛奶可喝”
This one looks a little bit like Sally Field,
這個看起來有點像莎莉·菲爾德(美國女演員)
Don't you think?
你不覺得嗎
I think that one looks a lot like Sally Field.
我覺得她看起來是太像莎莉·菲爾德了
Where's your brother?
你哥哥在哪兒呢
He's playing super Mario in his room.
他在房間里玩超級馬里奧呢
He says it's nice to start the day with a victory.
他說用一個勝利來開始新的一天,感覺特別好
Eddie, you're gonna be late!
埃迪,你要遲到了
Stop playing Italian maintenance twins and get in here!
不要再玩那兩個意大利維修工兄弟了,趕快過來
Later, I'm going to dig a trash pit and burn this.
回頭,我要挖個垃圾焚燒坑,把這東西給燒了
Louis, what are you doing? Put a shirt on.
路易斯,你在干嘛啊?穿上襯衫
I feel more comfortable this way.
我覺得這個樣子更舒服呢
You hate being shirtless.
你很討厭不穿上衣啊
You wear a t-shirt in the ocean.
你在海里也會穿件T恤呢
I'm trying to give you
我在努力向你展示
the macho action-movie energy you clearly crave.
你渴望的動作電影里的男性陽剛之氣呢
What are you talking about?
你在說啥啊
I found your tapes, Jessica.
我發現了,那些錄影帶,杰西卡
The ones you keep hidden under our mattress.
你藏在我們床墊子底下的那些
Your action-movie tapes.
你的動作片帶子
I don't watch action movies.
我不看動作片的啊
The only movies I watch are riveting denzel dramas
我只看關于訴訟案情摘要的
about legal briefs.
丹澤爾劇集啊
"Where are the legal briefs?
案情摘要在哪里
Who has the legal briefs?
誰有案情摘要
Julia roberts, get me the legal briefs."
朱麗葉·羅伯茨,給我案情摘要
Okay, so if you didn't rent them, who did?
好吧,那如果不是你租的那些錄影帶,那是誰租的
Probably your mother.
也許是你媽媽
I already searched her room.
我已經搜過她的房間了
All I found was a Chow Yun-Fat calendar.
只找到周潤發的掛歷
Somebody in this house is lying to me,
這個家里,有人對我撒謊
and I'm gonna find out who.
我會找出來是誰的
Forgetting something?
你忘了什么沒有
Uh, why are you giving me this?
呃,為什么你要給我這個
I changed my mind.
我改主意了
You can go on your history field trip.
你可以去參加歷史戶外課了
Really? Thanks, mom.
真的嗎?媽媽,太感謝了
Wait.
等一下
Why are you wearing a hat?
為什么你要戴帽子
Because I'm coming with you as parent chaperone.
因為我要以監護人的身份和你一起去
We leave at first light.
天一亮,我們就出發
Aha!
啊哈
Emery?
埃默里
I can explain.
聽我解釋
Are you mad?
你生氣了嗎
Oh, uh, no, no, I'm not, uh, mad.
額,沒,沒有,我沒有生氣啦
I-I-I-I-I-I'm just, um, well...
我我我,只是,額
You know, Emery, you're at an age where, uh, your body...
埃默里,你要知道,你現在處于一個,額,你的身體
A-a-and by that I mean...
我說的身體是指...
Uh, uh, uh, a father's love knows no...
額,父愛知道沒有...
Greg Louganis is a wonderful... and Broadway.
格萊格洛加尼斯是一個非常棒的...還有百老匯
Uh, although we may not live in the best state for...
呃,雖然我們可能不是非常好的狀態來...
The tapes were research for school.
那些帶子,是學校做研究用的
I knew it.
我就知道
I knew it was homework-related.
我就知道,這肯定和家庭作業有關
Not exactly.
也不全是
You know how I've always made friends easily?
你知道我怎么總能輕易交到朋友嗎
Well, there's been a change at school.
呃,現在學校里面,有點兒變了
It's like it happened overnight.
好像是一夜之間變了的
And I'm tapping five mana to cast ancestral tentacle grab,
我要消耗5點法力值,召喚先祖之觸
dealing two damage to all your...
造成2點群體傷害,對所有...
you guys are dorks.
你們都是笨蛋
I'm gonna go throw bottles at a train.
我要去扔瓶子,砸火車
Suddenly, all of my friends are acting like tough guys.
突然之間,我的所有朋友,都表現地像硬漢一樣
All they want to talk about is cars, fire,
他們聊的都是,車啊,槍火啊
and throwing things at other things.
還有用這個砸那個
And that's not me.
這不是我的風格
I don't even know how to hang with them anymore.
我都不知道該怎么和他們一起玩了
Puberty strikes hard and quick,
青春期來得又猛又快
like a large soda halfway through "Schindler's list."
就像看“辛德勒名單”到一半的時候,喝了一大杯汽水
Anyway, that's why I rented the tapes.
不管怎樣,這就是我租這些帶子的原因
The video store has a whole section on tough guys.
錄像店里有一整區都是關于硬漢的
And I was hoping they might help me figure it out.
我還想說它們能幫我弄清楚呢
But I know what I'm gonna do.
不過我現在知道該怎么做了
I've decided to write a poem.
我決定了,要寫一首詩
A poem? For class.
一首詩?給全班同學的
I'm gonna tell an epic story through verse
我要以詩的形式講一個史詩般的故事
and show that brains are as valuable as brawn.
告訴他們大腦和肌肉一樣重要
Big no to that.
絕對不行
Luckily, as a small-business owner
幸好,作為一以服務客戶為生的
who relies on customer service,
小企業家
I understand the mechanics of getting people to like you.
我知道怎么讓別人喜歡和你交朋友
You find out what makes them tick,
你找到他們感興趣的東西
and then you use that to relate to them.
然后,通過這些東西,去了解他們
Like, uh, these boys at school...
比如說,學校里的這些孩子們
how do they speak to each other?
他們是怎么跟對方說話的
Well, they mostly just insult each other
他們大部分時間都在對罵
And make jokes about farts.
還有講"屁"的笑話
Like, "Who farted?
像,誰放的屁
Did you fart? No, I farted.
你放的?不,我放的
Fart, fart, fart."
屁,屁,屁
That's a funny joke.
這笑話不錯啊
So, they have a sense of humor.
所以說,他們挺幽默的啊
Good.
很好
That'll be the key to winning their respect.
這就是贏得他們尊重的關鍵
And group five is Huang, Masterson, Stone, Selby, and Pew.
第五組是黃,馬斯特森,石頭,塞爾比和皮尤
Your chaperone will be Mrs. Huang.
你們的監護人是黃女士
Mother goose!
鵝媽媽
Wait, Brian, your last name is Pew?
等等,布萊恩,你姓皮尤
How long have we been friends?
我們做朋友多久啦
It's cool that we're all together.
太好了,我們都在一起
Cool? My mom is our chaperone.
好?我媽媽是我們的監護人啊
So? It'll still be fun, right?
然后呢?還是會很有趣的,對吧
No way. My mom hates fun!
想得美,我媽討厭有趣的事
Boys. Here we go.
孩子們,看吧
We're not even inside yet, and she's already starting...
我們都還沒進去,她就開始...
We're going rogue. What?!
我們要涂點口紅,啥
I looked at the map, and turns out your class is only hitting
我看了地圖,結果發現你們班
the educational parts of floridatowne,
只會去佛羅里達小鎮的教育區
which doesn't leave any time for the good stuff.
這樣我們就沒時間看別的好東西了
So we're going to forge our own way.
所以,我們要自己來
It's what the colonials would have done.
殖民者們也是這么干的
Come on!
來吧!
What are you waiting for, Pew?
等什么呢,皮尤
Follow her.
跟上她
You forgot to wipe.
你忘記擦手了
Hey, Chad. Want to hear a joke?
嘿,查德,想聽個笑話嗎
Your face looks like a butt,
你的臉看起來像個屁股
And whenever you talk, it sounds like a fart.
你一開口,聲音就像放屁
And that's how colonial women used milk
殖民區的女人就是這樣
to get out even the most stubborn of household stains.
用牛奶,洗掉最頑固的污漬
Now, who wants to help me
現在,誰想來幫我
get the blood out of this undershirt?
洗掉這件汗衫的血跡呢
Come on, come on!
快,快
Whoa!
哇
Wow, that was fun.
哇,今天玩得好開心啊
Who knew that making candles was a career possibility?
誰會想到還可以以制作蠟燭為生啊
Goodbye, architecture.
我放棄建筑業啦
And I got a kiss from the midwife's assistant.
助產士的助手還親了我呢
You didn't get a kiss from her.
她沒有親你好嗎
You just asked her where the bathroom was.
她只是告訴了你,廁所在哪
We had a connection.
我們之間產生了火花
Eddie, your mom is so fun.
埃迪,你媽好好玩啊
She makes my mom look straight-up garbage.
跟她比起來,我媽真沒意思
Nobody tell my mom I said that.
誰也不許和我媽說我說過
I was just wrapped up in the moment.
我只是一時頭腦發熱了才說的
Yeah, Eddie.
對啊,埃迪
This field trip would've sucked without your mom.
你媽要是沒來的話,這次戶外課,肯定糟透了
I vote we all pool our money
我提議,我們一起湊錢
and buy her some fancy chocolates.
給她買點高檔的巧克力
sea salt or something.
或者海鹽什么的
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
好啊,好啊,好啊,好啊
Yeah, you guys are right.
你們說的對啊
Hey, mom. You were fun today.
嗨,媽,你今天好有趣啊
Oh, thank you, Eddie.
喔,謝謝,埃迪
I'm glad you and your friends had a good time.
我很高興你們玩得那么開心啊
You know, that big red...
你造嗎,那個紅頭發的小孩
He has a real talent for tanning meat.
他在制皮革方面真的很有天賦啊
No, I mean, you were fun today.
你沒懂,我是說,你...今天很有趣
What is that all about?
你咋啦
Are you jealous your friends had fun with your mom?
你是在嫉妒你的朋友們和我玩得開心嗎
No. You were fun today,
不是,我是說,你,今天很有趣
which means you've always been capable of having fun.
其實你是可以做一個有趣的媽媽的
You just chose not to.
你只是選擇不做
Where was fun mom when I wanted to keep that gecko
當我想要養那只跑進奶奶房間的壁虎時
that got into grandma's room?
我那個有趣的媽媽怎么就不出現呢
Or when I spilled my
我把飲料灑在了機場電梯時
slurpee on the moving walkway in the airport?
你也沒覺得這好玩
You could've been fun this entire time.
你本來可以一直很有趣的啊
Hello?
喂
Eddie got into a fight?
埃迪又打架了
Eddie got into a fight?
埃迪打架了嗎
Madeline, what did I tell you about keeping me in the loop?
馬德琳,我不是跟你說了要跟我報告所有事嗎
We had two vomits and a sprained ankle,
今天有兩個孩子吐了,還有一個扭傷腳踝了
But no fights today.
但沒有人打架啊
Really? Two vomits?
啥?兩個孩子吐了
It's taco day.
因為今天吃的是玉米卷嘛
Wait.
稍等麻袋
If Eddie didn't get into a fight, then who...
埃迪沒打架,那誰打架了...
Oh, no.
哎呀,不好
Oh, my god. What happened?
我滴個天吶,出啥事兒啦
You came so late that I missed a tony little gazelle masterclass
你來的也太晚了吧,弄得我都錯過了旋轉跳躍健身課
that I paid $45 for.
45大洋呢
You know that expression,
人們都說
"Oh, if you work out, everything else will"?
健身吧,人生就會美好的了
Well, that is not true.
呵呵,都是套路
Oh, and emery was in a fight.
噢,對了,埃默里打架了
You know, this isn't really as bad as it seems.
那啥,這事兒其實沒那么糟啦
So you got punched.
你就是被打了一拳嘛
Everybody gets punched at some point in their lives.
人們在一生中總是會被揍個一兩次的
Your mom got punched by a lady at the yogurt shop last week.
你媽上周在酸奶店還不是被個女的打了一拳
This is all your fault. My fault?
都怪你,怪我
Instead of handling things my own way,
我沒有按照我的方式去解決這件事
I took your advice, and look what happened.
而是聽取了你的建議,結果卻是這個下場
Thanks a lot, dad.
真是謝謝啊,爸爸
Yo, Evan, want to hear a secret?
喲,埃文,告訴你個秘密
If it's that you wipe your hands on my towel, I already know.
我知道你在我的毛巾上擦手了
How do you know about that?
你咋知道的
I know what a damp towel feels like, Eddie.
埃迪,我摸得出來毛巾濕不濕啊
Whatever.
額
I'm trying to tell you a real secret.
我是要跟你講一個真的秘密啦
Mom is fun.
媽媽其實很有趣
That's not a secret.
這并不是個秘密呀
I've been telling you that for years.
我這些年一直在跟你說啊
Not your nerd version of fun.
不是你的那種書呆子式的有趣
Like actually fun.
而是真正的有趣
Today at my field trip, she...
今天我上戶外課的時候,她...
Boys!
孩兒們
What are you, waitresses at a small-town diner?
你們是小鎮餐館的女服務生嗎?
Stop chatting.
就知道聊天
Evan, finish your homework in your room.
埃文,回房做作業去
Eddie, take out the trash.
埃迪,丟垃圾去
Okay, mommy.
好的,母上大人
Oh, cool, you're back to being zero fun.
行啊,你又變得不好玩了
Awesome.
真是醉了
Maybe I'll experience fun mom again in another 12 years.
可能我得再等個12年才能和有趣的媽媽玩吧
You think I don't want to be fun mom?
你以為我不想有趣嗎
I would love to be fun mom.
我也很想做一個有趣的媽媽
So then do it.
那就做啊
Eddie, we had fun today
埃迪,我們今天玩得很開心
because I didn't have to spend every minute
那是因為我不用
chasing after you and nagging you.
時時刻刻都要跟在你屁股后面嘮叨你
You think fun mom could get you to do your homework
有趣的媽媽會讓你做作業嗎
and clean your room?
有趣的媽媽會給你打掃房間嗎
No way.
不會的
That's what this mom is for.
這些事都是不好玩的媽媽做的
This mom gets things done.
不好玩的媽媽才能做好這些事
No juice boxes until you finish your homework.
沒做完作業不準喝果汁
Your discipline is the only reward I need.
你的訓誡就是對我最好的獎勵
Mom, I did the right thing, right?
媽,我做對了,是嗎
with emery.
這么對待埃默里
What do you mean?
你什么意思
I don't do that.
我沒這么做啊
Go, you 'guanas!
加油,熱火
Go, you barn owls!
加油,火箭
Why do they call it women's basketball?
為什么他們要叫女子籃球啊
It's just basketball, am I right?
這就是籃球嘛,對不對
Oh, my god, you're right.
哦,天哪,你說得對
I hate women's basketball.
我不喜歡女子籃球
Do you really think I change who I am
你真的覺得我改變自己
to get people to like me?
來讓別人喜歡我嗎
Now I understand the difference between a movie and a film.
我現在知道電影和影片的區別在哪了
How's that eye?
眼睛好點兒了嗎
It's okay.
還行
And don't worry. I told mom
你別擔心,我跟媽說
that I got it from looking too hard through my telescope.
我眼睛變這樣,是因為我看望遠鏡太用力了
I think she was proud?
我覺得她還挺為此自豪的
I, uh, shouldn't have told you to act like somebody you're not.
那個,呃,我不該跟你說,你不能表現自己的樣子
You're your own person, you're not ashamed of it,
你就是你,你不需要為真正的自己而感到任何羞愧
and that's your strength.
而且這也是你的優點
Tell that to the boys at my school.
這話你該跟我那些同學說說
They're just too busy
他們只是忙著
trying to figure out who they are to notice.
去搞清楚他們到底是什么樣的人
You may feel like you're falling behind the curve right now,
你也許覺得你現在跟不上他們的隊伍
But trust me, you are way ahead of it.
但是相信我,你領先了他們很多
Thanks, dad.
謝謝你,老爸
You know, maybe I just need to change my tactics. Good.
你知道嗎,也許我只需要改變一下我的策略,很好
And deliver my poem in a completely different way. Oh.
然后以完全不同的方式,把我的詩傳達給別人,噢
I need to show Chad and those other boys
我要證明給查德,還有其他男生看
that you don't need to fight all your battles with your fists.
人生的戰斗中,不是只能用你的拳頭
Sometimes you can use the power of rhymed verse.
有時候,你也可以用詩歌韻律來說話
Okay. Just be smart about it, all right?
好的,反正你自己看著辦,好嗎
Don't worry, dad.
不用擔心,老爸
That's who I am.
這就是我
You guys are missing the gnome's funeral!
你們倆要錯過地精的葬禮了!
I wonder if there's a "La chouffe 2."
我想知道這個片子有沒有第二部啊
Eddie, up now. School.
埃迪,馬上起床,去上學
I heard what you said yesterday, and I get it.
我聽了你昨天說的,我也懂了
Sometimes, I can be a little much.
有時候,我可能太過了
Sometimes?
只是有時候
More like... not now.
其實...閉嘴
Yes, mommy.
好的,媽媽
I understand now that the only reason
現在我理解了,為什么我在這兒能開心
why I have any fun around here
唯一的理由是
is because you're not having any,
你過得不開心
and that's not fair.
而這完全不公平啊
That's why I got myself ready this morning.
所以我今早,早早就準備好了
I even packed my own lunch... six oreos and a tortilla.
我甚至還打包好了午餐...六個奧利奧還有一個玉米餅
Thank you, Eddie.
謝謝你,埃迪
Even though I can tell you didn't shower
雖然我知道你昨天沒洗澡
because you smell like a pepperoni pizza,
因為你聞起來一股子香腸披薩餅味兒
I'm proud of you.
我還是為你感到驕傲
But that means we're 30 minutes ahead of schedule.
但是這意味著,我們現在多出了30分鐘
Am I the green janitor or the red janitor?
我到底是這個綠門衛還是紅門衛
Neither, mom. You died five minutes ago.
都不是,媽,你5分鐘之前就掛了
You've just been pressing buttons for no reason.
你只是傻不拉嘰還在那兒敲鍵盤
"And for who but the flowers and the trees
除了花與樹,不知為誰
Doth man speak and sing his many whimsies."
男人說著也唱著他的奇怪念想
Poetry's for 'ginas.
寫詩這種事,是娘炮才干的
"And though a fist may crush and sprain,
而就算是拳頭,也會被粉碎或扭傷
There is no weapon like the brain."
而大腦卻是最強的武器"
This poem was written by a clearly sensitive student.
這首詩,明顯是一個思想敏銳的學生寫的
Our very own chad.
那就是我們的查德
Lovely work, chad.
非常棒,查德
No.
不不不
That wasn't me, I swear!
這不是我寫的,我發誓
No need to be bashful, chad.
沒必要這么害羞,查德
It was a beautiful poem.
這首詩寫的很好
I really like that poem.
我非常喜歡這首詩
Me, too.
我也是
There's real power in rhymed verse.
這韻律里藏了很強大的力量
Oops. I dropped my pencil.
哦,天,我的筆掉了
let's go spray-paint some turtles.
我們一起去噴烏龜吧
Oh, hey, Louis.
哦,嘿,路易斯
We just got an amazing danish film
我們剛來了一部超棒的丹麥電影
"Cosette and the gentle clown."
珂賽特和溫柔小丑
It tells the story of a young girl, Cosette,
說的是一個叫珂賽特的年輕女孩的故事
who leaves her oppressive mining village to apprentice...
她離開了那座壓迫的小礦村,去拜師...
I'm renting "Beethoven."
我要租“貝多芬”
I think maybe you meant to get "Amadeus."
我覺得你是不是要租“莫扎特傳”
That's over in...
那個在...
No, I didn't.
不是
I don't want to watch "Amadeus."
我才不想看"莫扎特傳"
"Amadeus" looks boring.
莫扎特傳"看起來很無聊
Just like all the movies you recommend.
就跟你推薦的所有電影一樣無聊
From now on, I'm only renting
從現在開始,我只租
the kind of movies that I like.
我喜歡的電影
Movies about animals... Acting...Crazy.
關于動物的電影...動作的...瘋狂的
Whatever, man. Yeah!
隨便你咯,老兄,太棒了