Your Honor, the defendants,
法官閣下,被告
Howard Lampe and Darla Riggs,
霍華德·蘭普和達拉·里格斯
conspired to transport and deliver cocaine
去年七月,在來自里約的航班上
on a flight from Rio this past July.
合謀運送可卡因
They should be tried together because
他們應該被共同審理因為
they committed this crime together.
他們共同犯下了罪行
No, they are accused of committing this crime together.
不對,他們是被控共同犯下這項罪行
It would prejudice my client to be tried alongside Mr. Lampe.
我當事人和蘭普先生共同受審可能會引起偏見
And my client alongside Ms. Riggs.
我的當事人和里格斯女士共同受審也一樣
Your Honor, all of the prosecution witnesses
法官閣下,控方指證兩人的
are common to both Mr. Lampe and Ms. Riggs.
所有證人是一樣的
It is the height of insanity to force
如果讓證人分別在兩場審判中
these witnesses to testify in two separate trials.
出庭作證,那也太過荒唐了
Yes, we understand the inconvenience...
是的,我們明白多有不便...
This isn't about inconvenience. This is about a costly outlay...
這跟方不方便沒關系,是成本過于高昂
That is a small price to pay for what this trial should be.
為了審判公正,這點成本不算多
It's an injustice, Your Honor. That seems petty...
不公正,法官閣下,這也太斤斤計較了
Thank you... all.
謝謝各位
My concern, counselors,
律師們,以我之見
is that severance of the two trials was not requested
你們并沒有及時提請
in a timely fashion.
分開審判的要求
Yes, Your Honor,
是的,法官閣下
the circumstances of the defense have changed.
辯方的情況有變
And what circumstances are those?
有什么情況
Our firm has since... Two months ago, Your...
我們的律所已經,兩個月前
Our firm has since... Two months ago...
我們的律所已經,兩個月前
Go. Well, thank you.
你先說,謝謝
When we originally represented the two defendants,
當初代理兩位被告時
we were one firm acting in concert,
我們在一家律所,共同行動
but Mrs. Florrick poached our clients...
但是福瑞克夫人挖走了我們的客戶
Oh, we didn't poach anyone. What would you call it?
我們沒挖走任何人,那你說是什么
So, you want to sever your two cases
所以你們想把兩件案子分開
because you are now two law firms?
因為你們現在是兩家律所了
Yes, Your Honor.
是的,法官閣下
It's in the best interest of our clients.
這樣對我們的當事人最有利
Mr. Lampe, Ms. Riggs, you agree with this?
蘭普先生,里格斯女士,你們同意嗎
Uh, yeah, yeah, we think it's for the best.
是的,我們認為這樣最好
Yes, Your Honor.
是的,法官閣下
Since the defendants are entitled to separate trials,
因為被告有權要求分開審判
I have no choice but to grant a severance.
我只好批準分開審判
Thank you, Your Honor.
謝謝您,法官閣下
But I am severing cases, not courtrooms.
但我只是分案審理,但不分庭審理
It will be a double jury trial.
所以本案將是雙陪審團審判
A double...? Uh, Judge, I don't think that that...
雙陪審...法官,我覺得這不...
Your Honor, two juries will complicate our prosecution.
法官閣下,雙陪審團會使起訴更復雜
Yes. That is understandable.
是的,這我可以理解
But I am a staunch advocate of judicial efficiency.
但我堅決主張提高司法效率
And you two counselors will just have to act in concert again.
兩位律師也必須再次共同進退
We will commence jury selection this afternoon. Thank you.
下午我們將開始挑選陪審團成員,謝謝
Are you all right?
你還好嗎
Yeah. You?
還好,你呢
I'm good.
我挺好的
I love you.
我愛你
I love you.
我愛你
I heard.
我聽說了
So this should be interesting.
這會很有意思的
Which? Working alongside Will, or a double jury?
哪個有意思,和威爾一起工作還是雙陪審團
Oh, yeah, a double jury.
當然是雙陪審團
Uh... I'll first chair.
我來做首席律師
What? Why?
怎么,為什么
Calm things down, keep it from getting too emotional.
保持局勢冷靜,防止太過感情用事
I won't get emotional.
我不會感情用事的
We're on the same side on this.
我們這次是一條船上的
Not you. Will.
不是說你,是威爾
Keep him from getting emotional.
不讓他感情用事
Okay. You first chair.
好吧,你做首席
It was sent as an anonymous tip
這份匿名線報寄給了
to Anne Stevens, the Tribune reporter.
“論壇報”的安妮·史蒂文斯
I've never seen this before in my life. The tip said,
我從沒見過這東西,線報說
"Here is evidence of Peter Florrick stealing an election.
這是彼得·福瑞克偷選票的證據
Happy hunting."
追蹤愉快
Are they running it?
他們已經在調查了嗎
No. I got a two-week delay.
沒有,我爭取了延遲了兩周
I had to trade for it.
跟他們做了交易
Give 'em our pension rollout.
將我們關于養老金的最新消息給了他們
Who is that? Is that someone you know?
那是誰,是你認識的人嗎
No. Yes. It's Jim Moody,
不是,是的,是吉姆·穆迪
my fixer during the campaign.
在競選期間的政治調停人
What? I didn't ask him to do anything.
什么,我沒讓他做任何事
Wait. No one say anything.
等等,都別說了
Mr. Governor, it is in your best interest to
州長先生,現在最好別跟伊萊說話了
not talk to Eli at this time.
這樣才對您最有利
Everything being said now,
現在起我們所說的一切
everything that was just discussed,
我們剛剛討論的一切
we'll have to repeat at some point to federal investigators.
以后都要在聯邦調查人員面前復述一遍
Well, that was the shortest honeymoon period in history.
這算是史上最短的新官蜜月期了
One month as a governor.
做了一個月的州長
We don't even know what this is, Mr. Governor.
我們還不清楚具體事態,州長先生
What we're seeing is a ballot box.
現在我們只看到有投票箱
It could be anything.
里面可能是任何東西
No. Our lawyers argued in court
不,我們的律師在庭上辯稱過
that it was a stuffed ballot box.
這是一個動過手腳的投票箱
Then we found out that the 30,000 votes were for Peter.
之后我們發現有三萬張選票是投給彼得的
Who was the lawyer who argued in court?
當時在庭上做辯詞的律師是誰
I'll have to question them.
我必須詢問他們
Alicia.
艾麗西婭
Your wife? - 30,000 votes.
你的妻子,三萬張選票而已
You don't steal an election with 30,000 votes.
要舞弊獲選也無需區區三萬張選票
We won by eight points!
我們可是贏了八個百分點
Okay. We can't discuss this anymore.
好吧,我們不能再繼續討論了
Eli, I'll need to question you first.
伊萊,我必須首先詢問你
I'll be right there.
我馬上就去
You can't be talking.
你們不能討論這件事
It's not about this.
不是說這件事
We all know the maxim, but it's true.
那句箴言我們都知道,但也是實話
"It's not the crime, it's the cover-up."
可惡的不是犯罪,而是對罪行的掩蓋
Marilyn, there is no cover-up.
瑪麗蓮,我們沒有掩蓋什么
But for me to run this state,
我要管理這個州
I need to be able to talk to my chief of staff alone.
就必須要跟我的幕僚長單獨討論些事
Very well.
很好
Who's the tipster? Moody?
誰是爆料人,穆迪
No, no. He's a soldier. He gets it.
不是,他不過是個小卒,他懂的
Someone at Lockhart/Gardner? Why?
洛&加律所的人嗎,為什么
Will Gardner came to my hotel suite
威爾·加德納在選舉那天
on election day to show me a video.
到我的酒店套房來想給我看個視頻
Damn it. I refused to look at it.
該死,我拒絕了
There is a lot of hate for us over there these days.
他們近來對我們可是怨氣沖天
Diane? No. It doesn't seem like her.
戴安,不,看起來不像她的風格
Will could be out of his mind.
威爾倒是可能會失控
Keep tabs on her.
密切注意她
Already on it.
已經在了
This is crazy.
這真是瘋狂
Good afternoon.
下午好
Good afternoon to you, too.
下午好
First chair? Yup.
首席律師,是的
Here we go.
好戲開始
...Experiences or opinions you might have
對這次案件的內容
about the subject matter of this case?
你曾有相關經歷或觀點嗎
Uh , no.
沒有
No objections for this juror, Your Honor.
對這名陪審員無異議,法官閣下
No objections.
無異議
Thank you, ma'am. You may be seated.
謝謝你,女士,你可以入座了
Actually, ma'am,
事實上,女士
not that jury.
不是那邊的陪審團
The folding-chair jury.
是那邊坐折疊椅的陪審團
Uh, sorry, Your Honor.
對不起,法官閣下
Is this for the Darla Riggs jury?
這是達拉·里格斯的陪審員嗎
It is.
是的
We'd like to exercise our peremptory challenge.
我們要求這名陪審員無因回避
So she's all right for the Howard Lampe jury,
所以她可以做霍華德·蘭普的陪審員
but not ours? We don't have to explain our preemptory challenge.
不能做我們的,我們不必解釋回避原因
Thank you for your service today.
感謝你今天的到來
Sure.
應該的
When there is a disagreement in a relationship
當一段男女關系中出現
between a man and a woman,
意見不一的情況
do you think it's better for the man to decide, or the woman?
你認為最好是讓男人還是女人來做決定
Well, it's probably better if the guy does,
讓男人做決定可能更好吧
just 'cause someone has to.
只是因為總得有人來做決定
And if the guy did decide, would you...
如果是男人來做決定,你會
Excuse me. - ...blame the woman for his decision?
不好意思,因為他的決定而責怪女人嗎
Your Honor, we object to this question.
法官閣下,我們反對這種提問
Your Honor, it's not their place to object.
法官閣下,他們無權反對
They're part of the defense.
他們都是辯方
This is utter...
這簡直...
So, our jury pool can be tainted but yours can't?
那我們陪審團就能被“污染”而你們的不能
And do you think it's possible
你是否認為女人有可能
that women can use their looks to manipulate men?
利用外表去操縱男人
Oh, sure.
當然
It happens all the time at school.
這情況在學校里很常見
And should the man be held responsible
那么如果男人被女色所惑
if he's misled by the woman? Oh, come on.
他是否應該承擔責任,拜托
Your Honor, seriously?
法官閣下,還要繼續嗎
Is that an objection?
這是反對嗎
I don't hear an objection.
我沒聽出反對的意思呢
I object to your entire voir dire.
你篩選陪審員的整個過程我都反對
You're acting in an adversarial...
你表現得像是敵對...
They're coming after us.
他們句句都針對我們
We need everything you dug up on Howard Lampe.
所有你能查到霍華德·蘭普的信息我們都需要
I don't have anything.
我手上什么也沒有
I thought this was a collaborative defense.
我還以為這次是聯合辯護
We've changed our minds.
我們改變主意了
It's a double jury, and they're using it against us.
這次是雙陪審團,他們借機來對付我們
We need any dirt on Lampe, and we need it fast. Okay.
我們急需任何蘭普的把柄,好的
We have a chance to peel another client away.
我們有機會再搶一個客戶
From Lockhart/Gardner? Who?
從洛&加律所嗎,你說的是誰
The Paisley Group.
佩斯莉集團
How do you know?
你怎么知道的
I have a friend who's an assistant there,
我有個朋友在那里當助理
and they're feeling ignored by Lockhart/Gardner.
他們覺得被洛&加律所忽視了
Mr. Gardner cancelled too many meetings.
加德納先生取消了太多會議
Great, let's get a plan together.
好極了,我們合計一下
And, um, Robyn, get anything you can on Darla Riggs.
羅賓,搜尋關于達拉·里格斯的任何信息
Our codefendant? Why?
我們的共同被告,為什么
'Cause they're doing the same.
因為他們也打算這么做
Haven't seen you in a while.
好一陣子沒見你了
Yeah, it's been tough.
是啊,日子不太好過
Oh, come on, Cary.
別這樣,凱里
Look, just give me one second.
給我一秒鐘就好
Please?
拜托了
A second.
一秒鐘
Uh... I'm sorry.
對不起
For?
為了什么
For things ending poorly between us.
為我們的關系最后落的如此不堪
You're forgiven. Anything else?
原諒你了,還有事嗎
Yeah, you're being a douche.
還有,你是個混蛋
Things are kind of busy here, Kalinda.
最近挺忙的,凱琳達
Each jury should concern itself only with evidence
每個陪審團只需考慮與己方被告
pertaining to its defendant.
相關的證據
You will not consult with the other jury.
你們不能與另外一個陪審團交流
I realize these are cramped quarters,
我知道這里座位有點擠
but we're all going to have to make do.
但我們只能都將就一下了
Please inform the court if you have any questions
如果你有問題或者想法
or concerns by raising your hand.
請舉手告知法庭
Uh, yes, sir.
這位先生請說
Do we have to sit in the folding chairs the entire time?
我們全程都得坐在折疊椅上嗎
Yes,
沒錯
if that's where you've been empanelled.
如果你在這個陪審團
But the other jury gets to sit in the box in the good chairs?
可另外一個陪審團卻能坐陪審席的好椅子
Okay. Perhaps we can alternate.
好吧,或許我們可以輪流
Why do we have to alternate?
為什么要輪流
You already said that we get the jury box.
你已經說了是我們坐在這里
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
別吵別吵
Everybody calm down.
大家冷靜
I have decided that we will alternate.
我決定座位輪流坐
We began surveilling Mr. Lampe and Ms. Riggs
蘭普先生和里格斯女士一進入海關
once they entered the Customs area.
我們就開始監視他們了
Why did you monitor them, Officer Sorrento?
你為什么監視他們,索倫托警官
When a couple getting off a plane from Brazil
一對情侶從巴西來的飛機上下來
doesn't look organic, alarm bells go off.
表現卻不正常時,就會引起警覺
And the defendants didn't look like an organic couple?
兩位被告不像正常的情侶嗎
Could you explain?
你能具體說明嗎
Well, uh, Mr. Lampe looked like a professor.
蘭普先生看起來像是一位教授
And, uh, Ms. Riggs, she was, um, very pretty.
而里格斯女士長得非常漂亮
Anything else suggest they might be transporting drugs?
還有別的能表明他們有可能在走私毒品嗎
Yes. Mr. Lampe was sweating profusely,
蘭普先生冒了很多汗
and Ms. Riggs was staring down at her feet.
而里格斯女士一直盯著她的腳
A search revealed a stash of two pounds of cocaine.
搜查發現他們藏了兩磅可卡因
Thank you, Officer.
謝謝你,警官
I tender the witness.
這位證人我問完了
Officer Sorrento, were you aware that Ms. Riggs and
索倫托警官,你是否知道里格斯女士
Mr. Lampe met and fell in love at Rio's Cinque Terre Resort
和蘭普先生是一周前在里約的五漁度假村
the previous week? No.
才相遇相愛的,不知道
So, this nervous behavior that you observed
所以你發現的緊張舉止
could be attributable to the fact
有沒有可能是因為
that Mr. Lampe had invited his new girlfriend home
蘭普先生邀請他的新女友回家
for the weekend?
共度周末的緣故
Or to the $100,000 in drugs in his carry-on.
也可能因為他的隨身行李里有價值十萬的毒品
If the drugs were found in Mr. Lampe's carry-on,
如果毒品是在蘭普先生的隨身行李里
why did you arrest Ms. Riggs?
你為何逮捕里格斯女士
Well, a search of Ms. Riggs revealed $30,000 on her person.
搜查還發現里格斯女士也攜帶了三萬塊現金
So you have a circumstantial case that the defendants conspired?
那你有間接證據證明兩被告是同謀,對嗎
Yes. Based on my investigation.
是的,基于我的調查
Which yielded no direct evidence that Ms. Riggs participated
也就是說沒有直接證據表明里格斯女士參與了
in Mr. Lampe's scheme...
蘭普先生的計劃
Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence.
反對,假設事實未經證明
Sustained. I will rephrase.
反對有效,我換個說法
You have no direct evidence
你沒有直接證據證明
that Ms. Riggs had access to Mr. Lampe's bag?
里格斯女士接觸過蘭普先生的包
That's correct.
沒錯
Okay. They're coming after us.
好,他們要針對我們了
Officer, you said that my client was carrying the bag.
警官,你說我的當事人當時提著那個包
Meaning you concluded it was his bag, right?
是指你認為那個包就是他的,對嗎
Yes.
是的
Footage from the Galeao Airport in Rio
根據里約加利昂國際機場的監控錄像
confirmed the bag was in the sole possession of Mr. Lampe...
可以肯定那個包是蘭普先生的私人物品...
Are you aware that Ms. Riggs had reached her two carry-on limit
你可知道里格斯女士隨身行李超過兩件限制
and had given Mr. Lampe her bag to transport?
所以將她的包給了蘭普先生攜帶上機
The bag had no name tag.
那只包上可沒寫名字
But you assumed it was Mr. Lampe's, right?
但你認為那是蘭普先生的包,是嗎
But it's possible that Mr. Lampe was an unwitting mark
但有可能蘭普先生在不知情的情況下
in a smuggling scheme engineered...
參與了走私陰謀...
Objection. Calls for speculation.
反對,引導證人推測
Sustained.
反對有效
Your Honor, we are codefendants here.
法官閣下,我們是共同辯護
Ms. Lockhart can't object.
洛克哈德女士不能反對
He sustained your objection to our questioning.
他也承認你對我們的反對有效
Yeah, which was a mistake.
是的,但這是不對的
Excuse me, Your Honor.
抱歉,法官閣下
I'm not gonna allow Mr. Agos to criticize this...
我不能讓艾格斯先生批評這個...
Mr. Gold, is the man
戈德先生,監控照片里的
in this surveillance photo Mr. Jim Moody?
那名男子是吉姆·穆迪先生嗎
As far as I can tell, yes. Did you order
在我看來是的,是你下令
Mr. Moody to perform these actions?
讓穆迪先生這么做的嗎
No, I did not.
不,我沒有
Did you ever hint to Mr. Moody
你有暗示過穆迪先生
that he should do something illegal
他應該采取非法行為
regarding the ballot boxes?
以對這些投票箱動手腳嗎
Yes? That's too broad.
怎么了,這問題范圍太大了
What part? Did I ever hint?
哪部分,我暗示過嗎
You're saying you did hint?
你的意思是你確實暗示過
No, I'm saying the answer to a question like that
不,我是說這個問題的答案
could lead to misunderstandings.
可能會導致一些誤會
Eli, we have to be honest with each other.
伊萊,我們得坦誠相對
Marilyn, I make 800 decisions a day.
瑪麗蓮,我一天要做八百個決定
During a campaign, it's twice that many.
在競選期間還得加倍
I can not micro-manage
我無法精確地管理到
every person I give a direction to.
我給過指示的每一個人
There's not enough time.
根本沒這個時間
I give them a direction,
我跟他們指示
then let them exercise their creativity
讓他們自由發揮
in accomplishing that... direction.
去完成那個...指示
And is "Creativity" a euphemism for "Illegality"?
這個"自由發揮"是指"非法行為"嗎
No.
不
What direction did you give Jim Moody
你當時給了吉姆·穆迪什么指示
that he might have exercised his creativity to do that?
讓他有可能自由發揮做出了這種事
I said we were short of votes in the 12th precinct,
我說我們在12區缺票
and we needed to get out the vote.
我們得多搞到一些票
There's nothing wrong with saying "Get out the vote."
"多搞一些票"這說法沒什么問題
There's a chance...
當時也許有可能...
I said we needed to do whatever we could.
我還說了不惜一切手段都要搞到
But I would insist that is my manner.
但我必須強調,這只是我說話的方式
I am absolutist in my encouragement...
我在鼓勵手下人的時候
toward my underlings.
是比較專制的
Here's the problem, Eli.
伊萊,現在的問題是
If Mr. Moody believes you encouraged him
如果穆迪先生認為你是在慫恿他
to stuff that ballot box, your words are problematic.
對投票箱做手腳,那你的證詞就有問題了
I did not order him.
我沒這么吩咐他
Will Mr. Moody back you up on that?
穆迪先生可以證實你的說法嗎
Sorry, I have to pack for a red-eye tonight.
抱歉,我得收拾行李趕紅眼航班
After court. Oh, that's all right, Ms. Barrett,
出庭完就走,沒關系,巴瑞特小姐
this'll only take a minute.
我只需要耽誤你一會
I already told the prosecution everything I know.
我知道的情況都已經告訴控方了
They're supposed to share it with you, right?
他們應該會告訴你的,不是嗎
Yeah. But I'm wondering about some things
對,但是有些事我還有些存疑
that they may not have asked you about.
也許他們沒問過你
Do you want a gummy bear? I do.
想來塊糖嗎,好的
Thanks. So did Ms.Riggs exhibit
謝謝,里格斯女士在飛機上
any other sketchy behavior on the flight?
有做過其他一些不雅的事嗎
Like, did she drink too much or maybe steal magazines?
比如她有沒有喝多了或者偷雜志之類的
No. Why?
沒有,怎么了
Well, you've seen my client, right?
你也見過我的當事人了
Why would a woman like her be interested in a guy like him,
為什么她這樣的女人會喜歡那樣的男人
a dorky calculus professor?
一個古怪的數學教授
Unless she was using him.
除非她想利用他
Well there was that thing in the bathroom.
她確實在洗手間干了那事
Yeah, that thing in the bathroom.
好吧,洗手間的那事
Sorry, wait, what was that thing in the bathroom?
等等,洗手間的那事是什么事
The... Mile High Club thing.
是..."高空激情"那種咯
Robyn. Hello. Hello.
羅賓,你好,你好
May I help you?
有什么事嗎
Yeah, I just need to ask you some questions.
我有幾個問題想問你
We just don't understand
我們不能理解
why we get the small jury room
憑什么我們用小的陪審團休息室
and the other jury gets the big one.
而另一個陪審團能用大的
It's not the big one.
那個不是大的
Ours is just as small.
我們用的也是小的
I'll remind you, sir, that you are in the jury box.
我想提醒你先生,你已經坐在陪審席里了
You asked us to share that, remember?
是你讓我們輪流坐的啊,你忘了嗎
We will rotate the jury rooms as well as the seats.
那就跟座位一樣,輪流使用陪審團休息室吧
It was a full flight
當時航班滿員
and we had no more overhead space.
頭頂的行李架已經滿了
So I told Mr. Lampe his carry-on
所以我告訴蘭普先生,他的行李
would have to be stowed a few rows away.
需要放在幾排之外的地方
And how did he respond to that? He was agitated,
他對此作何反應,他很激動
argued with me about it. In fact...
還跟我爭執起來,事實上...
there came a point when the bag became the subject of dispute
后來這個行李還引起了
between Mr. Lampe and another passenger,
蘭普先生和另一名乘客的爭執
didn't it? Yes, the passenger in 26B
是這樣嗎,是的,和26B的乘客
tried to move it to access his own bag,
他想挪一下那個包好拿到自己的行李
and Mr. Lampe shouted at him.
蘭普先生沖他大吼大叫
And exactly what did Mr. Lampe shout?
蘭普先生具體吼了什么呢
Objection, hearsay.
反對,傳聞證據
Your Honor, we object to that objection.
法官閣下,我方反對這個反對
The jury has a right to hear this exculpatory evidence.
陪審團有權利聽取該無罪證據
Which jury?
哪個陪審團
Our jury. Ms. Riggs' jury.
我們的,里格斯女士的陪審團
Not in our jury's presence, Your Honor.
法官閣下,不能當著我們的陪審團的面
It is hearsay. But not when used defensively.
這是傳聞證據,但可以用于辯護
Harris, please escort that jury,
哈里斯,請送陪審團
the jury listening to Mr. Lampe's defense,
聽取蘭普先生辯護的陪審團
out to the jury room.
離開法庭
But leave the other jury behind.
留下另一個陪審團
Let's go. This way.
這邊走
What did you hear Mr. Lampe shout
你聽到蘭普先生對那個
at the passenger who tried to move his carry-on?
試圖移動他行李的乘客吼了什么
He said, "Let go of my bag."
他說,放下我的包
And did Ms. Riggs intervene in this argument?
那里格斯女士有參與這場爭執嗎
Objection, Your Honor,
反對,法官閣下
our jury should be allowed to hear this.
我們的陪審團應該聽取這個信息
You said it was hearsay.
你剛說這是傳聞證據
No, the statement was hearsay,
不,那句話是傳聞證據
not the ensuing encounter.
但接下來發生的不是
Your Honor, we object to the other defense editing
法官閣下,我方反對另一位被告選擇性
the testimony as they so wish. What does it matter to you?
接受供詞,你到底是想做什么
You act like this is a zero-sum game. Thank you.
你把這搞得像是玩零和博弈,謝謝
The jury will be allowed back in.
陪審團將重回法庭
Harris?
哈里斯
Way ahead of you, Your Honor.
早有準備,法官閣下
"We're taking the gloves off." That's what you told me.
我們要放手一搏,你是這樣告訴我的
But I never authorized you to...
但我從來沒有批準你去...
I didn't know you were gonna do this.
我不知道你會那樣做
Eli, I could fill a book
伊萊,你認為那些
with what you know about what you don't know.
你不知道的勾當,我都可以出一本書了
So where are you taking this?
你這是想說什么
I'm taking this...
我想說...
where you want me to take this.
你想讓我怎么說,我就怎么說
If you're taping this, Jim,
如果你在錄音,吉姆
I'm not offering third-party consent,
我不會提供第三方同意
so any recording will be considered inadmissible.
所以任何錄音都是不被承認的
You think that of me?
原來你是這么想我的
I think this conversation is oddly stilted.
我覺得這段對話很奇怪很刻意
Okay, let me make it less stilted.
讓我幫你安一下心
I could get three years for election fraud.
我會因選舉舞弊而做三年牢
Why do I do that?
我為什么要這么做
Because you're a good soldier.
因為你是一枚好卒子
I could get less if I testified.
如果我做污點證人可以減刑
And you'd have no friends, then.
但你就沒有朋友了
Ever.
永遠
Right now you have the friendship of the governor.
現在你和州長是朋友
Lot of good that does me.
我還真是得了不少好處呢
Better than no one.
比一個都沒有強
Okay.
好吧
So it stops at you, right?
所以這事到你就停了,好嗎
And I wasn't here.
我從沒來過這里
Ms. Barrett, you commented about noticing
巴瑞特小姐,你說過你注意到
Ms. Riggs and Mr. Lampe.
里格斯女士和蘭普先生
Did you see Ms. Riggs in the vicinity
你見過里格斯女士在商務艙的
of the business class restrooms?
洗手間附近出現嗎
Yes. Is this the woman you saw
是的,你看到的是這個女人
enter the lavatory with Ms. Riggs?
跟里格斯女士一起進的洗手間嗎
Objection, Your Honor. Relevance?
反對,法官閣下,與本案無關
The relevance is that
該問題與本案有關的原因是
Ms. Riggs was faking her love for our client
里格斯女士當時假裝愛上了我當事人
in order to get him to deliver drugs.
從而利用他運毒
That is our contention, Your Honor.
這就是我們的論點,法官閣下
Overruled, I will allow.
反對無效,允許提問
Ms. Barrett, how long were Ms. Riggs and this woman
巴瑞特小姐,里格斯女士和這位女士
in the lavatory together?
在洗手間待了多長時間
About 15 minutes. And when they emerged from the bathroom,
15分鐘吧,她們從洗手間出來時
did you notice anything unusual about Ms. Riggs?
你有察覺到里格斯女士有什么異樣嗎
It's okay.
沒事的
She was adjusting her skirt.
她在整理自己的裙子
Thank you. It's not true, Howie.
謝謝,這不是真的,小霍
Excuse me, madam, no talking here.
抱歉,女士,不能交談
Ms. Pine?
派恩小姐
Judge, may we approach?
法官,我們可以近一步講話嗎
The prosecution would like to recall Ms. Riggs' jury
控方想請里格斯女士的陪審團回庭
so they can hear this testimony on redirect.
以在二次盤問中聽取證詞
We object to that, Your Honor.
我方反對,法官閣下
On what basis? Its prejudicial impact
以什么理由,其偏見影響
outweighs its probative value.
大于證明價值
That's why my client's jury was sequestered in the first place.
這也是我方當事人陪審團被要求回避的原因
No, your jury was sequestered
不,你們的陪審團回避
because Ms. Riggs counsel elicited the testimony.
是因為里格斯女士的律師誘導了作證
It's a different matter if the prosecution elicited it.
這與控方二次盤問不同
He's right, Ms. Lockhart.
他說的對,洛克哈特女士
Ms. Riggs' defense is that
里格斯女士的辯護理由是
she was manipulated by Mr. Lampe.
她被蘭普先生操縱了
The prosecution wants to undercut that
而控方想通過提供證詞表明
by presenting testimony alleging
其與一位陌生女子在飛機上幽會
an on-flight liaison with a stranger.
從而進行反駁
That's exactly right, Your Honor. Harris.
正是如此,法官閣下,哈里斯
Got it.
明白
You guys, let's go.
大家這邊請
Yes, they were alone in the bathroom for 15 minutes.
是的,她們單獨在洗手間待了15分鐘
And based on your experience
以你當空姐的經驗來說
as a flight attendant, when two people enter a lavatory,
當兩個人同時進入洗手間
what is usually the purpose of that visit?
一般會在里面干什么呢
Objection, calls for speculation. Overruled.
反對,引導證人推測,反對無效
Sex. Of course.
做愛,明顯的
Ms. Barrett,
巴雷特女士
do you believe in pre-marital sex?
你支持婚前性行為嗎
Objection, relevance. No.
反對,與本案無關,不支持
How is the witness's belief remotely relevant here?
證人支不支持和本案有關系嗎
Is is connected to her perception of what happened.
這與她對所發生之事的看法有關
Overruled.
反對無效
Ms. Barrett, you disapprove of my client's lifestyle,
巴雷特女士,你不認同我當事人的生活方式
don't you? No.
對嗎,沒有啊
No? Well, my client is attractive,
不嗎,我的當事人很有魅力
she's unmarried, she's traveling with a single man.
未婚,和單身男子一起旅行
You're jealous. Objection, argumentative.
你嫉妒了,反對,提問有爭議
That one I'll sustain.
這次反對有效
Did my client ask you for a clip
我的當事人有沒有向你要過一個回形針
to keep her skirt from slipping?
以固定其裙子不滑落
What?
什么
Did my client ask you for something
我的當事人有沒有問你要過什么東西
to keep her skirt from slipping
以固定住裙子使之不往下掉
due to a broken clasp?
因為她裙子上有個扣子掉了
She did, but... that's not...
她是問我要了,但這個不是...
are you saying that that's why this woman
你是在暗示,所以那個女人
was helping her in the lavatory?
才會進洗手間幫她是嗎
Yes. Objection, Your Honor, misstates the eviden...
是的,反對,法官閣下,歪曲證詞
Don't object. One second, Your Honor.
別反對啊,稍等,法官閣下
We need to get the other jury back in here to hear this.
我們得讓另一個陪審團也過來聽聽
Why do we need the other jury?
為啥要讓他們也來聽
We want to convict them both.
我們得證明他倆都有罪
She can't be seen as screwing around on him.
不能讓人覺得她在背著他亂搞
Are you counselors still objecting?
你們還打算反對嗎
Actually, no, Your Honor. We withdraw our objections
不了,法官閣下,我們撤回這次反對
and ask that we be allowed to redirect this witness
并請求在另一個陪審團前
in front of the other jury.
再次詢問證人
Are you friggin' kidding me? Harris.
你他媽在逗我,哈里斯
Why is that, Counselor?
為什么,律師
We need to...
我們需要...
I don't know, I...
我不知道,我...
Because?
因為所以
It was just about my skirt. I know.
都怪我的裙子啦,我知道
I trust you. Here they come.
我相信你,他們過來了
They're offering six years. For each of you,
他們開的條件是六年,每人六年
but it's a package deal. You both plead
但有附帶條件,你們要么一起承認
to simple possession or neither of you do.
持有毒品,要么誰都不承認
Oh, it's an elementary game theory, you know?
這算是基本博弈論了
We're better off if we act together,
如果我們一起行動可能結果不錯
but not as well off as we might be if we act alone.
但如果各顧各的,也許會更好
It's the prosecution's idea.
控方就是這么打算的
They want to play you against each other.
他們想要你們窩里斗
They weren't offering a plea before trial,
本來在審訊前他們是不會給出認罪協議的
now they are.
但他們現在這么做了
It means they know we've made a dent in their case.
這說明他們知道我們對本案有所削弱
And wh-what are our chances of beating this?
那我們勝訴的幾率有多大呢
Um... why don't we talk over here?
要不我們借一步說話吧
No, no, no. No. We're, uh...
不不不不,我們...
we're in this together.
我們是一條船上的
Okay.
好吧
You cut a pretty sympathetic figure, Howard.
你給陪審團的印象相當讓人同情,霍華德
Because my jury thinks Darla manipulated me?
因為我的陪審團認為達拉在操縱著我
Yes.
是的
What about my jury?
我的陪審團呢
It's better if they think you're Howard's pawn.
讓他們覺得你是霍華德的棋子對你更有利
So our best chance here
就是說我們最有利的機會
is if no one believes we're in love.
就是沒人認為我們是相愛的
Yes.
是的
It's only for the purpose of the trial.
這完全是為了審訊考慮
It's just for how you appear in court.
只是關系到你們在法庭上的表現
It's not really why...
這不是真的...
That's one of my jurors.
那是我們的陪審員
Talking to one of mine.
正在和我們的陪審員說話
Can I buy you a drink?
賞臉喝一杯嗎
I have a drink.
我有酒
I'll buy you another.
我再請你一杯
I'll take two.
來兩杯
You following me?
你在跟蹤我
No, I'm having a drink.
沒,我只是來酒吧喝酒
Kalinda, I told you I'd give you five minutes.
凱琳達,就給你五分鐘啊
Don't waste 'em.
可別浪費了
Okay.
行啊
I miss you.
我很想你
You pretend you're jumping ship with Florrick-Agos
你假裝要跳槽到我們福&艾律所
so you can pass our secrets to Lockhart/Gardner.
好把我們的機密都泄露給洛&加律所
They're my employer, Cary.
他們是我老板,凱里
And I was your friend.
而我還曾是你朋友呢
Yeah, which is why I kept your secret for three months.
沒錯啊,所以我才幫你們守了三個月的秘密
Oh, what... what secret?
什么,什么秘密
That you were leaving.
你們要走那事啊
You know, Will was ready to fire me for that.
威爾都差點因為這事把我給炒了
I'm not your enemy, Cary,
我不是你的敵人,凱里
but I can't endanger my job for you.
但我也不能為了你不顧我自己的工作
Great, you've said your piece...
很好,既然你都這么說了...
Oh, I'm s... I'm, oh, my God. I am so sorry.
抱歉...老天,太對不起了
Here, wait, let me do this.
稍等,讓我來
Uh... I get it. I got it, I got it, I got it.
我自己來,我自己來,我自己來
When we got into our room this morning,
今早我們走進陪審室時
someone left stinky Thai food in the garbage.
發現垃圾桶里有一堆發臭的泰國菜
The other jury was the last one in there.
另一組陪審團是昨天最晚走的
Any other matters counsel would like to address before we begin?
庭審開始前還有需要解決的事情嗎
No, Your Honor. No, Your Honor.
沒了,法官閣下,沒有,法官閣下
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克女士呢
Nothing, Your Honor.
沒有,法官閣下
Then let us proceed, shall we?
那我們就開始吧
Abel Botera...
我叫亞伯·博泰拉
I'm a doorman at the Cinque Terre Resort in Rio de Janeiro.
我是里約熱內盧五漁村度假村的門房
Mr. Botera, this is security video from the resort lobby
博泰拉先生,這是今年7月11日下午
from the afternoon of July 11th of this year.
從貴酒店大廳調取的監控錄像
Can you identify this man?
你認識這個男人嗎
Yes, that's Alonso Cazorla.
是的,他是阿隆索·卡索拉
And are you aware that Mr. Cazorla has been convicted by Brazilian
你是否清楚卡索拉先生已經在巴西法庭
courts of trafficking in narcotics on three separate occasions?
三次被判私販毒品罪
Yes, everyone in Rio knows this.
是的,每個里約人都知道
Can you identify the two people meeting with him here?
你能認出畫面中和他見面的兩個人嗎
Yes. The defendants.
是的,就是被告
You've described Mr. Cazorla as a drug dealer.
你把卡索拉先生描述成了一名毒販
But he also runs a scuba diving company, doesn't he?
但他不也開著一家潛水公司嗎
And a nightclub, two gas stations.
還有一家夜總會,兩個加油站
All fronts for... So what we're watching here
整條... 所以我們現在看到的
could simply be an exchange of money for scuba gear.
也有可能是他們正單純地在購買潛水設備
Isn't that right? I guess.
我說的對嗎,我想是吧
In fact, didn't Ms. Riggs ask you to arrange
事實上,里格斯女士是否曾讓你
a scuba lesson with Mr. Cazorla
去卡索拉先生那去預約一節潛水課
a day before this video was taken?
就在這個監控錄像被錄下的前一天
Yes.
是的
And that scuba lesson was for Ms. Riggs alone.
而且該潛水課是專門為里格斯女士而開
Wasn't it? Yes. Yes.
沒錯吧,是的,沒錯
So to your knowledge, only Ms. Riggs met with Mr. Cazorla
所以據你所知,在畫面中這次碰面前
prior to the meeting that was captured on this video?
只有里格斯女士還單獨見過卡索拉先生
Objection, Your Honor, sidebar. Right?
反對,法官閣下申請法庭側議,對嗎
By eliciting testimony that my client alone
誘導證人給出我方當事人單獨會見過
met with a convicted drug dealer,
被定罪的毒販這樣的證詞
Mr. Agos is implying that Ms. Riggs
艾格斯先生是在暗示里格斯女士
was solely responsible.
要負全責
We have an absolute right to exculpate our client.
我們有當然理由要為我方當事人洗脫罪責
Not by implicating ours, you don't.
但不能陷我方當事人于不義
Judge, we request limiting instructions.
法官,我們請求向陪審團做出限定指示
It's like herding cats with you people.
這指示太有挑戰性了
Step back.
都先退下
It'd be better if we work together.
我們合作的話勝券更高
Tell that to Will.
跟威爾說去
What is it?
什么事
Kalinda thinks the Paisley Group might be ready to bolt.
凱琳達覺得佩斯莉集團有可能換律師
We've been ignoring them.
我們一直對他們不夠重視
Yeah, she has information on a case they're worried about.
她有消息,說他們有個案子纏身
Can you handle this? Yes, go.
你能處理這里嗎,可以,去吧
I am instructing Ms. Riggs' jury
我命令里格斯女士的陪審團
to disregard Mr. Agos' entire cross.
無視艾格斯先生的整個交叉詢問過程
Mr. Lampe's jury, the ones in the folding chairs...
蘭普先生坐在折疊椅上的陪審團
No, we're up here now.
不,我們現在坐在這兒
Okay, good.
好,很好
I'm happy.
我很滿意
Has someone told you I'm not happy?
有人告訴你我不滿意嗎
We just want to do our due diligence, sir.
我們只是盡職調查,先生
The Paisley Group matters to us. You matter to us.
我們很重視佩斯莉集團,很重視你
Well, at first, I considered Florrick-Agos.
起初我考慮過福瑞克&艾格斯律所
But again, I'm happy.
不過,我目前很滿意
I don't know how else to say it.
我不知道還能怎么說
I understand, sir, but we've identified
我理解,先生,但我們發覺
some areas where you may need help.
您或許在某些事情上需要我們的幫助
Haley Elliott?
海莉·艾略特
What about her?
她怎么了
Not to sound indelicate.
請原諒我的失禮
I know about the solicitation charge, sir.
我知道關于嫖娼指控的事,先生
You-you know...?
你是指
I don't...
我不
What do you know?
你知道什么
That any decent firm can get you off,
任何律所都能幫你脫罪
but the matter's still public record.
但關鍵是還是會被記入公眾記錄
Now, Lockhart/Gardner
現在洛克哈特&加德納律所
can get the arrest expunged.
能幫你清除這次逮捕記錄
Which as a CEO of a major corporation...
作為一家大型企業的CEO
Haley is not a prostitute. She's my granddaughter.
海莉不是妓女,她是我孫女
She's...?
她是
Is this some sort of joke?
這是什么玩笑嗎
She's in a wheelchair with Hodgkin's.
她由于患有霍奇金癥而坐在輪椅上
No, sir, I'm-I'm very sorry.
不,先生,我,我很抱歉
I was terribly misinformed. Yes, you were.
我被嚴重誤導了,的確
Is there anything else you need from me?
你還需要什么嗎
No, sir.
沒有了,先生
We're... fine.
我們...沒事了
I'll call this afternoon.
下午我再給您去電
What was that about?
這是怎么回事
Cary.
凱里
What about him?
他怎么了
Yes, Mr. Paisley, absolutely,
是的,佩斯莉先生,當然
we would love to meet.
我們很樂意見您
Right, exactly, one of the reasons
是的,的確,我們離開
we left Lockhart/Gardner was because
洛克哈特&加德納律所的原因之一
it was getting too big, and losing sight of its clients.
就是它店大欺客,不重視客戶
The Paisley Group. You're kidding? How?
佩斯莉集團,真的嗎,怎么回事
I thought they weren't coming.
我以為他們不來了
I paid a bartender to spill a drink on me.
我付錢讓一個酒保把酒灑在我身上
You...? No, I'm here, I'm here.
你,不,我在,我在
We're following all the ethical rules, Marilyn.
我們遵守了所有道德條款,瑪麗蓮
Yes, unfortunately, this isn't about the ethical rules.
是的,可惜這與道德條款無關
I-I just need to ask you a few questions, Alicia.
我只是需要問你一些問題,艾麗西婭
After court.
等你下法庭以后
This isn't about you as Peter's spouse.
不是關于你作為彼得的配偶
It's about you as Peter's lawyer.
而是關于你作為他的律師
Court is now in session.
法庭現在開庭
The Honorable Loudon Spencer presiding.
有請尊敬的勞登·斯賓塞法官
Mr. Botera?
博泰拉先生
What languages does Mr. Cazorla speak?
卡索拉先生說得是哪國語言
Far as I know just Portuguese.
據我所知是葡萄牙語
So only a person conversant in Portuguese could have
所以只有熟悉葡語的人才能
a meaningful conversation with him?
與他進行有意義的對話嗎
I guess. And to your knowledge,
我猜是的,就你所知
did either Mr. Lampe or Ms. Riggs speak Portuguese?
蘭普先生和里格斯女士,誰會說葡語呢
Only Mr. Lampe did. Which is why he was the only one
只有蘭普先生,所以他是唯一在錄像中
who was speaking to Mr. Cazorla in the video.
與卡索拉先生對話的人
Right? Judge, sidebar?
對嗎,法官閣下,法庭側議
This is precisely the type of questioning
這恰好是加德納先生
that Mr. Gardner objected to.
反對的那種提問類型
Apples and oranges, Your Honor.
這沒有可比性,法官閣下
He's implicating our client in front of our jury.
他在我方陪審團前暗指我方當事人有牽連
After you implicated ours in front of hers.
是你先在我方陪審團前暗指我方當事人的
Look, if this is about the Paisley Group,
如果這和佩斯莉集團有關
why don't you just come out and say it?
為什么你們不直說
What are you talking about?
你們在說什么
We request limiting instructions.
我們要求限定指示
No. Your Honor, without limiting instructions,
不,法官閣下,沒有限定指示
our client's case is fatally compromised.
我方當事人的案子會遭受嚴重損害
Sit down, Counselor.
請坐下,律師
You understand that's reversible error, right?
你明白這是可逆性錯誤,對嗎
Excuse me?
你說什么
I think Mrs. Florrick is simply requesting
我想福瑞克夫人只是需要一個
an explanation for the record.
可供記錄在案的解釋
Here's my explanation.
我的解釋就是
I'm tired of the games and the backbiting.
我已經受夠了這些胡鬧和互相中傷
We're gonna finish this trial.
我們要結束這次庭審
You understand? No more sequestration.
懂嗎,不要再讓陪審團回避了
No more limiting instructions.
也不要有限制性指令
If you want to appeal at the end of it,
如果本案結束時,你們想上訴
knock yourself out.
就請自便
I would like to request conference in chambers.
我要求內庭討論
You're on thin ice here, Mrs. Florrick,
你現在處境很懸了,福瑞克夫人
I understand.
我明白
But there's a matter I've been remiss
但有一件事由于我的疏忽
in bringing to the court's immediate attention.
并未及時呈遞引起法庭注意
Juror misconduct?
陪審員行為不當
Yes! Your Honor, we saw two jurors
是,法官閣下,我們看到兩位陪審員
from opposing juries...
來自對立的陪審團
They're not opposing.
他們不是對立的
...conferring with each other
昨天在退庭后
after court yesterday.
相互交談
And what's your explanation
那你當初為何
for sitting on this?
隱瞞不報
Context, Your Honor.
因為環境,法官閣下
Initially I thought it was an innocent exchange.
起初我以為那只是單純的交談
And did you witness
那你是否也見證了
this illicit communication, too, Mr. Gardner?
這次非法的交流呢,加德納先生
No, Judge.
不,法官閣下
Your Honor, that's...
法官閣下,這
Mr. Gardner was with me.
加德納先生當初和我在一起
If Mrs. Florrick is accusing me of lying to the court,
如果福瑞克夫人指控我當庭撒謊
I assume she can corroborate that accusation.
我想當她能夠證實這項指控
Um, no, Your Honor.
不,法官閣下
Per... perhaps I was mistaken
也許是我誤以為
as to what Mr. Gardner observed.
加德納先生看到了什么
So you know nothing about this video?
所以你對這錄像一無所知嗎
Alicia, have you seen this video before?
艾麗西婭,你是否看過這段錄像
No.
沒有
Do you know anything about the activity depicted in this video?
你對這段錄像中呈現的活動有所了解嗎
No.
沒有
But these were the ballots you went to court to dispute, correct?
但這就是你當時在法庭所辯的選票箱對嗎
I have no idea.
我不知道
And just to be specific,
具體來說
I went to court to delegitimize those votes.
我上法庭是為了取消這些選票的合法性
Right. Thanks for clarifying that.
好的,感謝澄清這一點
Do you know Jim Moody?
你認識吉姆·穆迪嗎
No. I mean, I know of him.
不,我是說,我知道他
He worked on my husband's campaign.
他在我丈夫的競選團隊中工作
You never had a conversation with Jim Moody?
你從未與吉姆·穆迪有過交流嗎
Marilyn, I have answered all your questions
瑪麗蓮,我已經回答了所有問題
as candidly as I can.
知無不言
I have no idea about this video, period.
我不知道這段錄像,完畢
Now, I'm in the middle of a trial.
現在我正處于一場庭審中
Of course. Thank you for your time.
好的,感謝你抽空前來
Won't take much to kill a loving smile
扼殺充滿愛意的微笑輕而易舉
And every mother with a baby
每一位抱著
Crying in her arms singing
啼哭嬰兒的母親輕輕哼唱
Give me strength, give me love
請予我力量,請予我厚愛
Give me peace
給予我平和
Don't you know these days you pay for everything
難道你不明白這些你獻身了所有的日子
Got high hopes
擁有至高的希望
I got high hopes
我擁有著至高的希望
Can you leave us, please?
請你們回避一下,好嗎
I'll call you back.
我會再打給你
I was here to see Marilyn Garbanza.
我是來見瑪麗蓮·戈班扎的
I'm sorry about that.
我很抱歉
I didn't, I didn't think she'd be moving so fast.
我不知道她手腳那么快
That video?
那段錄像
Did you know anything about it?
你之前知情嗎
I wasn't even aware of its existence until yesterday.
到昨天為止我都不知道它的存在
I'm not talking about its existence.
我不是問錄像的存在
I'm talking about what it depicts.
我是問里面的內容
Alicia, if I had known what Jim Moody was up to,
艾麗西婭,如果我知道吉姆·穆迪這樣做了
why would I have asked you to disqualify those ballots?
為什么我會讓你取消那些選票呢
You didn't ask me.
你沒有
Eli did.
是伊萊說的
Because he didn't know anything about what Moody was up to.
因為他并不知道穆迪做了什么
And neither did I.
我也不知道
Zach, our son,
扎克,我們的兒子
testified in court
就那些選票
about those ballots.
出庭作證了
I know. And he will have to testify again.
我知道,他還要再次作證
This time in front of the Feds.
這次是在聯邦調查局面前
I hope not.
我希望不用
No!
不
My son will not get caught up in the middle of this hurricane.
我的兒子不能卷入這場政治颶風
You need to fix this. Alicia...
你要解決這個問題,艾麗西婭
Just tell me that you will fix it, okay?
告訴我你會解決這個問題的,行嗎
Just tell me that.
告訴我
I'm gonna fix it.
我會解決的
Well played, Cary.
干得不錯,凱里
When did you find out
你們什么時候發現
Haley Elliott was his granddaughter?
海莉·艾略特是他孫女的
After we accused him of solicitation.
在我們指控他招妓后
You paid the bartender to spill the drinks,
你買通酒保把酒杯打翻
and then texted your own phone?
然后給自己的手機發了條短信是嗎
Yup.
沒錯
When did you think to do that?
你什么時候打算那樣做的
Ah, not too much before you got there.
就在你到之前不久
Take care, Kalinda.
保重,凱琳達
So, we're even now?
那么,我們扯平了
Yeah. Why?
是的,怎么了
Then let's get a drink.
那我們去喝一杯吧
So you can get one up on me? No.
所以你能再贏我一次嗎,不
'Cause I want a drink.
因為我想喝一杯
This isn't a good idea, Kalinda.
這不是個好主意,凱琳達
I know.
我知道
So?
怎么說
Ryan Belfair.
瑞恩·貝爾法
I'm the head of security for the Cinque Terre Resort.
我是五漁度假村的安保主管
Mr. Belfair, what are we watching here?
貝爾法先生,我們在看的這是什么
It's security video from the sixth floor of the Cinque Terre Resort.
這是五漁度假村六樓的監控錄像
Could you please tell us what you see next?
你能告訴我們你接下來看到了什么嗎
That's Mr. Lampe and Ms. Riggs
那是蘭普先生,里格斯女士
with Alonso Cazorla.
和阿隆索·卡索拉在一起
Mr. Lampe's handing him an envelope.
蘭普先生給了他一個信封
Was Mr. Cazorla staying at the hotel?
卡索拉當時也住在酒店嗎
He was not.
沒有
So as head of resort security, could you please explain
作為度假村安保部門的主管,你能解釋一下
how Mr. Cazorla got up to Mr. Lampe's room
卡索拉先生是怎么來到蘭普先生
on the sixth floor?
位于六樓的房間的
Someone staying at that hotel would had
一定是某個住在酒店的人
to have given him a key to access the elevator.
給了他使用電梯的鑰匙
Thank you. Nothing further.
謝謝,沒別的問題了
Mr. Gardner?
加德納先生
Mr. Belfair,
貝爾法先生
you have no idea what was in that envelope, do you?
你并不知道信封里裝著什么,對嗎
No, but I can guess.
不,但我可以猜出來
I'm not asking you to guess.
我沒讓你猜
I'm asking if you know. No.
我是問你知不知道,不知道
Alicia...
艾麗西婭
I noticed something in the video.
我注意到錄像里的一些東西
When I talked to the flight attendant,
我和空乘談話的時候
she was packing all during the conversation.
她正在收拾東西
Now, the video that we just saw in court?
而我們剛才在庭審看到的錄像中
Alonso Cazorla is wearing a T-shirt
阿隆索·穿著一件
that says "Honey Bar" On it.
印有"蜂蜜吧"的T恤
It's a place that he owns.
是他開的一家店
And I remember Ms. Barrett
我記得巴瑞特女士
had a cap that said "Honey Bar."
有一頂帽子上也印著
So I went to her profile.
所以我查了她的個人簡介,
And I found this picture.
我找到了這張照片
We could argue that the flight attendant and the coke king
我們可以辯護說空乘和毒梟
knew each other. That's great work, Robyn.
認識彼此,干得好,羅賓
Now, here's a question.
現在的問題是
Should we tell them?
我們要告訴他們嗎
Will and Diane?
威爾和戴安
It helps us both if we're arguing in sync.
如果我們共同提出的話對雙方都有利
Yeah.
是啊
Or could they try to screw us?
但他們會整我們嗎
Yeah, if they want us to lose more than they want to win.
如果他們更想我們輸而不是自己贏的話
Ms. Barrett, were you in a drug treatment facility
巴瑞特女士,你2006年時是否曾因
in 2006 for addiction to painkillers?
對止痛藥上癮而進過戒毒所
Objection. Relevance.
反對,與本案無關
She testified, Your Honor.
她作證了,法官閣下
The jury has a right
陪審團有權
to judge her trustworthiness.
對她的可信度作出判斷
Overruled. Please answer.
反對無效,請回答
Yes.
是的
I was in rehab for four months.
我是曾在戒毒所呆過四個月
And you've struggled with narcotics addiction?
你曾受麻醉劑上癮的困擾嗎
I'm-I'm cured now.
我,我已經戒掉了
Now, you've run up a credit card debt
你的信用卡現在負債
that's currently $45,000...
四萬五千美元
Objection, Your Honor.
反對,法官閣下
This is naked character assassination.
這是赤裸裸的人格攻擊
Sustained. Nothing further, Your Honor.
反對有效,沒其他問題了,法官閣下
Ms. Barrett, as a flight attendant,
巴瑞特女士,作為一個空乘
do you have to go through airport security?
你是否需要經過安檢
Yes, I'm subject to expedited screening.
我會經過快速安檢掃描
In fact, at Galeao Airport
事實上,在加利昂機場
you bypass security altogether.
你繞開了所有安檢
Your bag isn't x-rayed. It's not searched.
你的包沒有經過掃描,也沒有被搜查過
Yes. But that's true for every crew member.
沒錯,但所有乘務員都沒安檢過
So to summarize...
所以總結一下
you have a history of drug use,
你有過吸毒史
a huge debt load,
沉重的債務負擔
the ability to bypass airport security... Objection.
繞過機場安檢的能力,反對
Counsel is testifying. ... access to the bag in question
律師作證...在整趟航班過程中
during the entire flight...
接觸本案討論的行李包的權限
Sustained.
反對有效
Is it true that you planted drugs
你是否在我當事人的行李中
in my client's carry-on
放入了毒品
in order to extract it... Objection!
以便在他們,反對
Your Honor! ... once they had cleared security?
法官閣下,通過安檢后取出
The jury will disregard
陪審團請忽略
Mrs. Florrick's entire cross-examination,
福瑞克女士的整個交叉詢問
completely lacking in foundation.
這完全缺乏依據
You will pay it no mind.
你們要完全忽略這段內容
Oh, thank you.
謝謝
The waiting...
等待
I keep thinking the worst.
讓我不停想著最壞的情況
I have a good feeling about this.
我預感結果會很好
Me, too.
我也是
Jury's back.
陪審團回來了
Which one?
哪一個
Theirs.
他們的
And has the jury reached a verdict?
陪審團作出裁定了嗎
We have, Your Honor.
是的,法官閣下
In the matter of Howard Lampe, what say you?
在霍華德·蘭普的問題上,你們怎樣認為
Actually, we're the Darla Riggs jury.
事實上,我們是達拉·里格斯的陪審團
What say you?
你們怎么認為
On the charge of felony possession
關于攜帶并試圖運輸
of a controlled substance with intent to deliver,
受管制藥品罪這一指控
we find the defendant not guilty.
我們認為被告無罪
And it appears we have another matter to attend to.
看起來我們還有另一件事要處理
Mr. Lampe's jury
蘭普先生的陪審團
has requested that excerpts of testimony
要求重述兩位證人的
from two witnesses be read back.
證詞摘要
What does that mean?
這是什么意思
It means they need more information before they decide.
這說明他們作出決定前還需要更多信息
That's bad.
這不是好事
Isn't it?
不是嗎
If they need more information, that's bad?
如果他們需要更多的信息,這不是好事
Mr. Gardner, you were the Florrick campaign's attorney
加德納先生,你在福瑞克競選期間
at the time of his election, correct?
是他的競選團律師,對嗎
No, I was one of a number of Florrick campaign attorneys.
不,我是福瑞克的競選律師之一
I see.
明白了
And in your capacity as one of his attorneys,
在你身為律師期間
did you attempt to invalidate a ballot box
有沒有因人為某選票箱受損
that you believed had been compromised?
而試圖使該選票箱作廢
I did. And at some point,
是的,那么,在某一時刻
did you become aware of a video
你有沒有發現一份錄像
that suggested a campaign Florrick operative
表明一名福瑞克競選團隊的人員
tampered with that ballot box?
對該票箱做了手腳
Do you need me to repeat the question?
需要我重復一遍問題嗎
Marilyn, what's going on here?
瑪麗蓮,到底怎么回事
I'm conducting an investigation.
我在進行一項調查
An ethics investigation, not a grand jury proceeding.
是道德調查,不是大陪審團程序
I was under the impression that Eli asked you to cooperate with me.
我記得伊萊要求你配合我的
Yes, I became aware of a video.
是,我發現了一份錄像
Thank you.
謝謝
And did you bring your awareness of that video
你把發現錄像的事情
to the governor's attention?
告知州長了嗎
No.
不
No, you didn't?
你沒有嗎
No, I can't answer.
不,我不能說
Any advice I gave Governor Florrick on this matter
我在這件事上給福瑞克州長的任何建議
is shielded by attorney-client privilege.
都受律師與當事人保密特權保護
I see.
明白了
Come with me, please.
請跟我來
It's open.
門開著
Marilyn. What do you need?
瑪麗蓮,有什么事
Sir, I need you to waive
先生,我需要你放棄
attorney-client privilege
律師當事人保密特權
so Mr. Gardner can answer my questions.
讓加德納先生回答我的問題
And... what is the scope
那...你需要我在什么范圍
of the waiver you're seeking?
放棄保密特權
One that covers all matters related to my inquiry.
涵蓋所有與我調查相關的事情
Give us a moment. Alone.
讓我們聊會,單獨聊
Certainly.
當然可以
Why?
但為什么呢
Because I want to speak to Mr. Gardner.
因為我想跟加德納先生聊聊
Anything you discuss
你們談論的一切
should be part of my investigation.
都是我調查的一部分
I want to talk to him as a lawyer:
我想跟作為律師的他聊一下
a lawyer that used to represent me.
作為曾代表我的律師
Do you understand that?
你明白嗎
I do.
明白
I'll be right out here.
我就在外面等著
If I were to waive privilege,
如果我放棄特權
what would your testimony be?
你的證詞會說什么
That I visited you
說我在選舉日
in your hotel suite on election day.
去你的酒店套房見你
That I had acquired a videotape
我得到了一份錄像
that I wanted you to see.
想讓你看看
A videotape that I refused to see?
一份我拒絕觀看的錄像
That's correct.
是的
Okay.
好
And, uh, that would be it?
就這么多嗎
No.
不
I told you that the video proved
我告訴了你錄像證明了
30,000 of your votes were fraudulent.
有3萬張投給你的票是偽造的
No.
不
You told me you had video evidence
你告訴我你有錄像證據
that I would lose the election.
證明我會輸掉競選
Yes, that, too.
對,我也說了那個
Then I said,
然后我說
"The 30,000 votes are fraudulent."
“那3萬張選票是偽造的”
That's not how I remember it. Really?
我記得不是那樣,是嗎
And how do you remember
你對撤銷戴安的法官職位
taking back Diane's judgeship?
這件事是怎么記得的
So we're headed... we're headed that way, huh?
我們...我們要扯到這件事嗎
No, I'm just making a point.
不,我只是在表明立場
Politicians have a way of misremembering things to their liking.
政客有根據自己的喜好記錯事情的習慣
Yeah, tell me about
對,那跟我說說
the ethics of that, Counselor.
那件事的道德問題吧,律師
What could I tell the most ethical administration
我能跟伊利諾伊史上
in Illinois history?
最有道德的州長說什么呢
Do you even hear yourself?
你好好聽自己說的話了嗎
Suspended lawyer,
你這個曾經的停職律師
man who cheats with other men's wives...
跟別人妻子有染的...
What do you want me to do, Peter?
你想讓我怎么做,彼得
As your lawyer,
作為你的律師
what do you want me to do?
你希望我怎么做
Marilyn.
瑪麗蓮
Yes, Mr. Governor?
我在,州長先生
I have instructed Mr. Gardner
我已經告訴加德納先生
not to waive my attorney-client privilege.
不放棄我的律師與當事人保密特權
Are you sure, sir?
你確定嗎,先生
Yes.
確定
The S.A. is panicking.
檢察官慌了
They're afraid of walking away with nothing,
他們害怕離開法庭時一無所獲
so they've sweetened the offer.
所以妥協了認罪條件
Four years.
四年
You'll be eligible for parole in two.
兩年后可以假釋
But do you think I can win?
你們認為我能贏嗎
I don't know.
我不知道
My life is probabilities.
我的生活就是一連串概率
The odds of...
我能遇到...
me meeting Darla:
達拉的概率
it's two million to one.
兩百萬分之一
And the odds of our falling in love:
我們相愛的概率
60 million to one.
六千萬分之一
What are the odds of an acquittal?
我能無罪釋放的概率呢
It's a coin toss.
百分之五十吧
But the downside...
但輸的話...
If you were me,
如果你是我
what would you do, Alicia?
會怎么辦,艾麗西婭
Two years.
兩年
That's a lifetime.
感覺有一輩子那么長
I'll wait for you, Howard.
我會等你,霍華德
Yeah?
真的嗎
As long as it takes.
多久都等
Yeah? Yeah.
真的,真的
"Accordingly, I am unable to take a position
因此,我無法確定
"Regarding the propriety of
此項事件中
the Florrick Administration's conduct in this matter..."
福瑞克州長的行為是否合適...
Oh, come on!
拜托
Your conclusion is that you can't draw a conclusion?
你的結論就是無法下結論嗎
Yes.
對
Because I didn't finish my investigation.
因為我沒有完成調查
We made everyone available...
我們調查了所有有關人員...
The most important witness
最重要的證人
refused to answer my questions
拒絕回答我的問題
because the governor won't waive
因為州長不放棄
attorney-client privilege.
律師與當事人保密特權
What witness?
什么證人
Will Gardner.
威爾·加德納
The witness who discovered the video
這個證人發現了錄像
and tried to show the governor.
曾試圖給州長看
There are other reasons why Peter won't waive.
彼得不愿放棄特權還有一個原因
This guy has got it out for him.
這家伙勾起了他的火氣
He fired his wife... Eli.
他開除了他妻子...伊萊
My report is inconclusive
在州長全面無條件配合之前
until I have the governor's full
我的報告
and unconditional cooperation.
會保持未完結狀態
You're throwing this into the laps of the Feds?
你要把這件事送進聯邦調查局手里嗎
No. But it might end up in the laps of the Feds
不,但最后很可能落入聯邦調查局手里
because you don't trust me.
就因為你不信任我
He did nothing wrong.
他沒做錯事
We won by eight points.
我們贏了八個百分點
It doesn't matter.
那不重要
Peter is in real trouble, Eli.
彼得陷入真正的麻煩了,伊萊
He's in trouble for one reason.
他的麻煩只有一個原因
Will Gardner.
威爾·加德納
Damn it!
該死