What was that?
什么意思
What?
什么
You nodded. What part?
你點頭了,是哪段
Alicia.
艾麗西婭
Okay.
好吧
You hated it.
你覺得很差
No, I... Self-serving?
不,我...自我中心嗎
No, it's, uh... Boring.
不,就是...枯燥
I'm... sorry. Go ahead.
對不起,你說
It's dry.
空洞
Oh, my God, Cary, I spent two weeks on that speech.
凱里,這份稿子我寫了兩星期
Yeah, and it feels like you spent two weeks on it.
沒錯,看得出來你寫了兩星期
I have to give this speech tomorrow. So rewrite it.
明天就要上臺演講了,那就重寫
They didn't ask you because you're an expert
他們請你并非因為你專攻退出職場
on opt-out moms.
做母親這個課題
They asked you because you were an opt-out mom.
而是因為你就曾是個退出職場的母親
Clarke, where are you?
克拉克,你在哪
In traffic.
塞在路上
New York is the city of endless possibilities.
紐約是一座充滿無限可能的城市
It's a different adventure every day and every minute.
每一天每一分鐘都是新的冒險
Excuse me, how do I turn this down?
請問這個怎么關小啊
No, no, cars in front. Cannot turn right.
不行不行,前面有車,不能右轉
Sorry. Rayna Hecht called.
抱歉,蕾娜·赫特打電話來了
She wants to have the meeting now.
她想現在就面談
She what?
她什么
She wants to have the meeting right now!
她想現在馬上就面談
Not tonight. And I'm stuck in traffic.
而不是今晚,我現在還塞在路上
Uh... Rayna Hecht wants to meet right now.
蕾娜·赫特想現在就面談
What? Why?
什么,為什么
Clarke, we're not ready.
克拉克,我們還沒準備好
We are ready. Just tell her about the firm.
我們準備好了,就跟她談談律所的情況
She doesn't care about our size.
她不在乎我們的規模
She wants to go someplace with a future.
她想找個有發展潛力的地方
She'd down in the lounge. She's waiting right now.
她已經到大堂了,正等著呢
We got to go.
我們得現在下去
Cary, listen to me.
凱里,聽我說
She brings a full portfolio of clients with her.
她手上有大量客戶
Over $60 million a year in billing. We need her.
每年計時收入超過六千萬,我們需要她
She is the very definition of a rainmaker.
她就是搖錢樹的化身
What? Clarke...
什么,克拉克
can you turn down your TV?
能把電視聲音關小點嗎
I'm trying, but the mayor
我在關,但是那市長
won't stop talking.
就是說個沒完
But I guarantee you...
但我向你保證
Rayna Hecht is a rainmaker.
蕾娜·赫特是個搖錢樹
We need her. Every firm in Chicago...
我們需要她,芝加哥的每間律所...
New York is the city
紐約是一座
of endless possibilities.
充滿無限可能的城市
It's a different adventure... And he's back.
每天都是新的冒險...他又來了
I can't hear you, all right?
我聽不見你
I'm gonna have to call you back. Bye.
待會再打給你,再見
Why am I having so much trouble with this speech?
為什么這演講搞得我這么痛苦
Look, look, look.
聽著,聽著
It's the keynote speech at the ABA
這是美國律師公會的主題演講
and you're trying to impress people. Don't.
而你想讓大家印象深刻,別這樣
They don't want to hear facts and figures...
他們想聽的不是羅列事實和數據
they want to hear your story.
而是想聽你的故事
You went from an opt-out mom to the partner in a law firm
你如何在四年之內從一個退出職場的母親成為
in four years.
律所合伙人
That's your speech.
這就是你的演講
Thanks.
謝謝
There.
她在那里
Every lawyer is after her.
每個律師都在拉攏她
Great.
好極了
Can you believe this?
你能相信這么巧嗎
I'll be honest.
我有話直說
I like you guys. I do.
我喜歡你們,真的
And I do intend to decide in the next 48 hours.
我也確實需要考慮兩天再做決定
But I want a partnership that I can believe in.
但我希望與值得信賴的人合作
I'm leaving Hartley & Jenner because of the indictments.
我離開哈特利&詹納就是因為他們被起訴了
If you're worried about my suspension a few years ago,
如果你擔心的是我之前的停職事件
that's past, and I'm a better lawyer for it.
那都是過去的事,我已經不是那樣的律師了
Good pitch.
說得正合我意
Thanks.
謝謝
Okay, well, let me get my little ducks in a row,
那我把手頭的事先理順
and we'll talk. Thank you, Ms. Hecht.
然后再詳談,謝謝,赫特女士
Thank you.
謝謝
So, you're a big firm now...
你們也算是有資格出席
making a presence at the ABA?
美國律師公會活動的大律所了啊
Out shaking the trees, just like you.
出來物色新伙伴,就像你們這樣
Good luck with the keynote tomorrow.
祝你明天的主題演講順利
Don't let him get in your head.
別為他心煩
Ms. Hecht, hello.
赫特女士,你好
I'm Cary Agos. Alicia Florrick.
我是凱里·艾格斯,這位是艾麗西婭·福瑞克
Hey. I'm sorry if I don't sit down,
抱歉我不能留下跟你們談了
but I need to make a few calls.
我得去打幾個電話
why don't we do this another time? Good to meet you.
不如另外安排個時間吧,再會
What happened?
怎么回事
We lost our slot.
被人捷足先登了
She'll vet us. We're good.
她會考慮我們的,我們經營良好
No one's under indictment. Damian.
也沒人被起訴,達米安
He's not under indictment. Well, we want her.
他沒有被起訴,好,我們要她
$60 million in client billing.
每年超六千萬的計時收入
You coming? Uh, no, I'll see you later.
一起上去嗎,不了,待會來找你
Lot of lawyers at this thing, huh?
這活動很多律師出席啊
Do you have a minute? No.
有時間嗎,沒有
I can take my time, Mr. Gardner.
我有耐心等,加德納先生
I was on the Blagojevich case.
我負責過布拉戈耶維奇案件
We always knew that sooner or later the lawyers would talk.
我們都知道遲早律師會開口的
They want to talk; they need to talk.
他們想說,也需要說
They know that attorney-client privilege only gets them so far.
他們知道律師當事人保密協議的保護能力有限
Earplugs, please.
請給我一副耳塞
The problem you have, Mr. Gardner,
加德納先生,你所面臨的問題
is that voter fraud is an ongoing crime, a conspiracy.
選票舞弊是一項正在進行的犯罪,是共謀犯罪
If you're protecting the governor, you're just as guilty.
如果你袒護州長,你也有罪
That's why you'll talk.
所以你會開口的
The governor is not your friend.
州長不是你的朋友
No one... no judge or disciplinary body...
任何人,任何法官或紀律團體
will blame you for breaking attorney-client privilege.
都不會因為你打破律師當事人保密協議而責怪你
You can't freeze me out, Mr. Gardner.
你避不開我的,加德納先生
I'm an agent of the Office of Public Integrity.
我是廉政辦公室的執法人員
I have subpoena power. I'm sorry, I can't hear you.
我有權傳喚你,抱歉,聽不見
I'll get on with Clarke, see if we can set up another time.
我打給克拉克,看能不能另外安排個時間
Okay, and I will get on with Robyn
好,那我找羅賓
and have her look into her background.
調查一下她的背景
No, no, no, you go back to your room and you work on your speech.
不,你回房間去寫演講稿
Cary, it'll only take a minute... Alicia...
凱里,就一分鐘,艾麗西婭
you're procrastinating.
你這是拖延癥
Go back to your room and work on your keynote.
回房間寫演講稿去
Okay? Remember, personal stories.
好嗎,記住,寫自己的故事
Robyn, what are you doing?
羅賓,你在做什么
Just... write anything down.
想到什么寫什么
Mrs. Alicia Florrick.
艾麗西婭·福瑞克夫人
Hi. I'm Lorainne Joy.
你好,我是洛林·喬伊
Thank you for coming in.
謝謝你過來
Oh, thank you for inviting me in, Ms. Joy.
謝謝你邀請我,喬伊女士
How could I not?
不請你來怎么行呢
Your name just sort of popped out at me.
你的名字突然一下出現在我眼前
Oh, my God, your husband.
天啊,你的丈夫
If my husband did that to me...
要是我丈夫這么對我...
look, I don't know what I would do.
真不知道該怎么辦
Thank you. No, I know what I would do.
謝謝,不,我知道自己會做什么
I would... probably scratch his eyes out.
可能會把他的眼珠子都挖出來
That's what I would do.
我應該會這么干
Oh... you don't need to give me a resume.
不用給我簡歷了
Just tell me about yourself.
說說你自己吧
When did you last practice law?
你最后執業是什么時候
Well, officially...
正式離職
13 years ago.
是十三年前
But... I helped advise on a lot of cases.
但是...我給很多案件提供過意見
On your husband's cases?
你丈夫辦理的案件嗎
Yes.
是的
Uh-huh. Well, good.
很好
Listen, here's the thing... Alicia.
是這樣的,艾麗西婭
We don't really have any positions available
我們目前暫時沒有
at the moment.
職位空缺
I know... the position we have
目前我們要招的是
is for starting associate.
剛起步的律師
Oh, well, I'm... I'm open for that.
這...我也能接受
No. That wouldn't really be appropriate.
不,那不太合適
You know, we make a big play
這個職位我們主要面向
for the Ivy League pool for that, so...
常春藤畢業生,所以...
Alicia Florrick.
艾麗西婭·福瑞克
When can you start?
你什么時候能上班
What? When can I... start work?
什么,我什么時候...能上班
Yes. You want to work here?
對,你想在這里工作嗎
I do. Uh, um, now.
是的,現在就可以
I'm... Tomorrow, if you'd like.
我...明天吧,你愿意的話
Good. Uh, come on back in,
很好,明天過來
and I'll assign you a desk.
我給你安排張桌子
Yeah!
太好了
It doesn't officially show till Wednesday.
本來這套周三才能開始看房
How much?
多少錢
Well, I warned you you'd fall in love with it.
我警告過你會愛上它的
It's not really in your range.
它超出你的預算了
I have a job now.
我現在有工作了
My range has changed. How many rooms?
所以預算也漲了,有幾間臥室
Three. Two baths and a maid's.
三個,兩間浴室一間保姆房
I love the light. The windows are great.
我喜歡這里的采光,窗戶開得特別好
I have a three- bedroom on 5th.
五樓還有一套三室的公寓
It's half this rent.
租金只要這里的一半
I like this.
我喜歡這套
I'm... I'm sorry. What?
抱,抱歉,你說什么
It's a paralegal job.
這是律師助理的職位
Mr. Acocella, I'm sorry, but...
安科切拉先生,不好意思,但...
I... I-I thought it was an associate position.
我,我還以為招的是律師
Yes, I know, but it's
是,我明白,可這職位
more of an internship.
更像是實習律師
Mr. Acocella, I made plans based on that understanding.
安科切拉先生,我已經為此做了規劃
I made... financial outlays...
我為此...已經有經濟支出了
I'm sorry.
對不起
I... told the partners.
我...和其他合伙人談過
They were worried about your last name.
他們對你的姓氏有所顧慮
They don't want you here as an associate.
他們不希望留你在這里當律師
I need a paycheck.
我需要一份薪水
I'm sorry.
不好意思
Marina, it's Alicia.
馬瑞娜,我是艾麗西婭
The apartment...
那套公寓...
Is there any way to get out of the lease?
我還能退出租約嗎
Hello.
你好
Yeah. Uh, I-I forgot. I'll be right down.
是,我忘了,馬上下去
What is the key to litigation?
訴訟的關鍵是什么
What is it? Who was that man by the elevator?
是什么呢,電梯旁那個人是誰
What man?
什么人
Have we stopped trusting each other?
我們之間連信任都沒了嗎
Nelson Dubeck.
尼爾森·杜柏克
Office of Public Integrity.
廉政辦公室
They're pursuing a case against...
他們正在調查...
the governor.
州長
The ballot box?
有關那個投票箱
Why you and not me?
為什么找你卻不找我
There's a surveillance tape.
監控錄像錄下了當時的情況
Smoking gun. I took it to Peter Florrick.
證據確鑿,我把錄像給了彼得·福瑞克
What are you going to do? Unfortunately, Mr. Pling
你打算怎么辦,很遺憾普林先生
couldn't make it because of the hurricane
因為颶風無法到場
I don't know. But another litigator has agreed to step in.
不知道,但另一位律師愿意來發言
Please welcome a new voice to this ABA meeting,
請歡迎律師協會年會的新聲音
Elizabeth, uh... Elsbeth
伊麗莎白,埃爾斯貝特
Tascioni.
塔肖尼
Sorry.
抱歉
Hello. Whoa.
大家好
Sorry.
不好意思
Okay.
好的
Okay. Um, what is my approach...
好的,我采用什么方式
to litigation? Well...
提起訴訟呢
No. Will, no. Okay...
別,威爾,別,好的
Sorry. I want everybody to close their eyes
抱歉,我希望大家能閉上眼睛
and picture a pillow,
幻想一只枕頭
a big pillow, the size of this room,
巨大的枕頭,有這屋那么大
and you're lying in the middle of it.
而你躺在正中間
Now, take off your shoes.
現在把你的鞋脫掉
Then I'll give a brief introduction,
然后我會做個簡單的介紹
and you'll enter from that wing over there.
你就從那一側進來
You sure there'll be this many people?
你確定會有那么多人到場嗎
Oh, yes. We've had great interest in your keynote.
當然,大家都對你的主題演講很感興趣
Now, is there anything you'll need tomorrow?
明天演講你還需要些什么嗎
A speech.
一篇演講稿
No, I meant... bottled water?
不是,我是說...一瓶水之類
Alicia.
艾麗西婭
We have a reprieve with Rayna Hecht.
蕾娜·赫特那兒有轉機了
It's Clarke.
是克拉克
Hello? Mr. Hayden?
喂,海登先生
I can't hear you.
我聽不清你說話
Alicia? Hello?
艾麗西婭,喂
If fashion's your thing, you'll find
如果你熱愛時尚,你會發現
the best shopping in the world,
這里是世界購物之都
SoHo, Chelsea, Greenwich Village...
蘇豪區,切爾西區,格林威治村
How's that?
這樣如何
Better. I just talked with Rayna Hecht.
好一些,我剛和蕾娜·赫特談過
She wanted to apologize for her abruptness.
她為之前的唐突感到抱歉
She didn't know you were you.
她當時并不知道你的身份
I was me? The governor's wife.
我的身份,州長夫人
She's coming to your keynote.
她會來聽你的演講
She can't wait to hear what you'll say.
迫不及待想知道你會說些什么
The speech. Did he tell you
演講,他告訴你
that the speech matters?
那演講至關重要了嗎
You need to do a good job with your keynote.
你得好好講
She wants to wait to decide whether to meet
她打算等到演講完
until after the keynote.
再決定要不要見面
And that's the most I've ever said "Keynote" in my entire life.
現在是我這輩子說"演講"次數最多的一刻
So how's the speech coming?
你的演講稿準備的如何了
Alicia? Hello?
艾麗西婭,喂
Clarke? Where are you?
克拉克,你在哪兒
Okay, Clarke, I-I can't hear.
好的,克拉克,我聽不清
Where are you?
你在哪里
Alicia Florrick.
艾麗西婭·福瑞克
I haven't seen you since Georgetown.
喬治城畢業之后我就沒見過你了
Another life ago. You work here?
好像上輩子的事了,你在這里上班嗎
In this building? No. On Madison. What about you?
這棟樓,不,我在麥迪遜街,你呢
I just got a job.
我剛有了份工作
You did? Really? Where? Wells & Brolin.
真的,什么公司,威爾斯&布洛林
That's a good firm. Congratulations.
那是間好公司,恭喜
Thanks.
謝謝
Nice shoes.
鞋子很不錯
A baby threw up on my shoes.
有個小孩吐在我的鞋子上
You going to the garage? Yes. You?
你到車庫嗎,是的,你呢
Uh, deposition.
去取證
It was nice seeing you.
很高興見到你
And, hey, uh...
對了
I'm sorry about all that crap with your husband.
對你丈夫的遭遇我感到很遺憾
Thanks. It'll die down.
謝謝,都會平息的
It will.
是的
Call me sometime.
有空聯系我
Stern, Lockhart & Gardner.
斯特恩&洛克哈特&加德納律所
Hey. You got top billing.
你已經是合伙人了
Mm, I'm an impressive person.
我向來就讓人刮目相看
I never doubted it for a minute.
我從來沒懷疑過這一點
It was good seeing you. You, too.
很高興見到你,我也是
Oh, thank you so much.
非常感謝
I love bears.
我喜歡熊
Um, can I just have one hug? Okay?
能抱一下嗎,可以嗎
You dirty Jew.
你這骯臟的猶太人
Excuse me?
什么
You dirty stinking Jew.
你這骯臟惡心的猶太人
Did you just call me a dirty stinking Jew?
你說我是骯臟惡心的猶太人
What, are you deaf?
怎么,你是聾子嗎
Oh, my God.
我的天
Elsbeth, thanks for meeting me out here.
埃爾斯貝特,感謝你到這見我
There's too many lawyers at the hotel.
酒店那兒律師太多了
Did you hear that? That bear just called me a dirty Jew.
聽到了嗎,那熊叫我骯臟惡心的猶太人
What? That bear there.
什么,那只熊
He said I was a dirty stinking Jew.
她說我是臟臟惡心的猶太人
Watch out! That bear is...
注意了,那只熊
anti-Semitic!
是反猶太人的
Elsbeth, look,
埃爾斯貝特
ab-about my situation.
先聽一下我的情況
I've been subpoenaed by Nelson Dubeck,
廉政辦公室的尼爾森·杜柏克
the Office of Public Integrity, and he's using it to pressure me
傳訊我上庭,他要逼迫我
to get to Peter Florrick.
來對付彼得·福瑞克
But it would mean breaking attorney-client privilege.
也就是要我打破律師與當事人保密特權
Right.
明白了
If you testify against Governor Florrick,
如果你出庭指證了福瑞克州長
you risk disbarment.
就有被取消律師資格的風險
But if you don't, you risk contempt of court.
但如果你不出席,又有藐視法庭的危險
Right. Not good.
正是如此,情況不太妙
It's that one percent doctrine.
現在考慮一下百分之一原則
Hey, watch out for that bear!
喂,注意點那只熊
The what? One percent.
什么原則,百分之一
If you're even one percent vulnerable, you're vulnerable.
百分之一的破綻就會讓你防不勝防
Who got you this video?
誰給你的錄像帶
Kalinda.
凱琳達
Good. Good.
很好,很好
I'll call her. I like Kalinda.
我打電話給她,我喜歡凱琳達
Hey. Are you with that bear?
你和那只熊是一起的嗎
Because I think someone needs to talk to him.
我覺得有人得和他談談
S-So you'll represent me on this?
那么你是接受了我這案子嗎
This Dubeck guy, he's at the hotel?
那個叫杜柏克的,他在酒店嗎
Yes. Good. Okay, yes. Okay.
在,好,行,沒問題
I'm feeling a bit vulnerable, but I'm gonna use it.
我現在有點受傷,但我會利用這一點
Yeah.
好
Kalinda, it's Will. How are things there?
凱琳達,我是威爾,你那情況如何
Pass it here. Uh... yeah, they're fine.
拿過來,挺好的
Things are different when the lawyers are gone.
律師們走了之后情況不大一樣了
Kalinda, we need your help on something.
凱琳達,有件事需要你幫忙
This is Elsbeth.
我讓埃爾斯貝特聽電話
Kalinda. Kalinda, hi. Oh, I miss you.
是凱琳達,凱琳達,我好想你
I miss you, too, Elsbeth.
我也想你,埃爾斯貝特
Can you look into someone named Nelson Dubeck?
你能調查一下叫尼爾森·杜柏克的家伙嗎
He's with the Office of Public Integrity.
他在廉政辦公室做事
Anything you can find, dirt or past arrests.
丑事,被捕記錄,什么都要
Maybe he has a drinking problem.
或許他還酗酒
I am not a dirty stinking Jew!
我才不是骯臟惡心的猶太人
Is there any way...
那有沒有可能
to delay the lease?
推遲租約呢
Okay.
好
No, I'll...
不,我會...
I'll figure something out.
我會想辦法解決的
You can always live with me.
你可以和我一起住
Oh. Thank you so much, Jackie.
謝謝你,杰姬
But this is a good school district.
但這里所在的學區很不錯
You don't need to worry about a good school district.
你不用擔心什么好學區的問題
Hold on. Alicia's here.
等一等,艾麗西婭在這兒
Okay, give us a minute.
好的,我們談一談
That was Robyn. She has an instinct on Rayna Hecht.
剛剛是羅賓,她有些關于蕾娜·赫特的直覺
How's the speech going?
演講稿寫得怎么樣了
Mr. Hayden, you got out of your taxi.
海登先生,你終于下出租車啦
Yes, I decided to walk.
是的,我決定步行過來
It was only 15 blocks.
只隔了十五個街區
So, Robyn thinks Hecht isn't leaving her firm
羅賓覺得赫特離開原律所
because of the indictments.
不是因為律所被起訴
Or just because of the indictments.
或者不只是因為被起訴
What then? The firm has ten senior partners
然后呢,律所中有十名高級合伙人
and Hecht was the only woman.
赫特是其中唯一的女性
A boys' club.
男性俱樂部
So she probably wants a more woman-friendly firm.
也許她想加入一個對女性更親和的律所
Okay. So just...
好吧,所以
just play up the feminism angle in your keynote.
在主題演講里多體現一些女性的角度
Frame your story as one of female empowerment.
將你的經歷塑造成女性堅韌拼搏的故事
Okay. Thanks. I need to, um... write.
好吧,謝謝,我得繼續寫了
And I've been talking up the keynote.
我一直在四處宣揚你的主題演講
A lot of potential clients are excited about it.
許多潛在客戶對此都很感興趣
Okay.
好的
Let's let the master at it.
我們讓大師繼續寫吧
You'll be great.
你會表現得很出色的
Mr. Gardner.
加德納先生
I just wanted to say...
我只是想說
I'm a worthy lawyer who needs a job.
我是一名有價值的律師,但是缺份工作
Women are underrepresented in this business,
女性在這個行業往往不受重視
and I shouldn't be overlooked just...
而我不應被忽視
Hello, Will? It's Alicia.
你好,威爾嗎,我是艾麗西婭
Do you have a minute?
你有時間嗎
No, really?
不,真的嗎
You did not.
你沒有吧
I don't look anything like those photos anymore.
我跟那些照片一點都不像了
Well, um...
那個
you said I should call if I got a chance, so...
你讓我有機會的話就打給你,所以
this is me calling.
我就打來了
What are you wearing that for?
你穿成這樣干什么
You weren't even here.
你不該在這兒的
Don't change the subject.
別轉移話題
It's business-like.
這是為了工作而買的
You spent $300 on it.
你花了三百元買它
Well, that's what a good dress costs.
好裙子都要這個價
Your husband is wasting away in prison
你的丈夫在監獄里日漸消瘦
and you're trying to seduce your way into a job.
你卻想靠勾引別人來獲得工作
Your son is the one who put me here.
是你兒子讓我陷入這般田地的
I have two kids.
我有兩個孩子
What am I supposed to do?
我能怎么辦
No.
不
You like nice things.
你喜歡好東西
So go be a whore.
那就去當妓女吧
I did- did do that.
我的確那么做了
So...
所以
that covers me up to last June.
那就是我從畢業到去年六月的生活了
Now about you?
你呢
Oh, well...
我嘛
there's not much to say.
沒有太多好說的
I'm a mother, a wife
我是一名母親,妻子
and now a disgraced spouse.
現在還是不光彩的妻子
I'm sorry.
對不起
No, no, no, no, that... that wasn't self-pity,
不,不,我剛剛不是在自憐
that was me trying to make light of it.
我是在試著不在乎它
I think I've lost my touch.
我覺得我失去魅力了
No, the touch is still there.
不,你魅力依舊
And now you have a new job?
你現在找到新工作了是嗎
Unfortunately, it was a paralegal job.
很不幸,那是份律師助理的工作
Voluntary.
是志愿工作的
You're kidding. Yeah... no.
你開玩笑吧,是啊,不是
I was, um, misinformed.
我被誘導了
Have you thought about working here?
你有沒有想過在這兒工作
Is there an opening here?
這兒還招人嗎
Well... we could.
這個我們可以安排
I haven't worked in 13 years.
我十三年沒有工作過了
Are you saying you're rusty? No!
你是說你生疏了嗎,不
No.
不是
I'm good.
我很棒
You've always been good.
你一直都很棒
Will, I... I'm...
威爾,我
My connection with my husband hurts me.
我和我丈夫的關系讓我很受傷
Why are you trying to dissuade me now?
你為什么要試圖阻止我
I don't know.
我也不知道
Because I'm making no sense.
因為我有點失去理智了
We've all got a past that could hurt us.
我們都有心碎受傷的過去
Don't let yours hurt you.
別讓你的過去再傷害你
You here for the job?
你是來應征的嗎
I think I am.
是的
You?
你呢
Yup.
一樣
Cary.
凱里
Excuse me.
失陪
What did you think of me when you first met me?
你第一次見我時,對我印象如何
Is this about your speech, or more procrastinating?
你是為了寫演講稿,還是想再拖會時間
Speech.
演講稿
I liked you.
我挺喜歡你
You did not.
你才沒有
Do you even remember where it was?
你還記得我們在哪見到的嗎
Yeah, in reception.
記得,在接待區
Waiting for our interviews.
等著面試
I thought you were gonna get it.
我覺得你一定能通過
And I wasn't.
我一定會被刷下來
I thought you were a cocky new associate.
我當時以為你是個自大的新律師
I was a cocky new associate.
那時我的確是個自大的新律師
And I thought you were entitled.
我覺得你很愛擺譜
I was a little entitled.
我是有點愛擺譜
Poor. But entitled.
窮,但是愛擺譜
Can you be both? Oh, yeah. So...
這兩者能并存嗎,可以,所以
who would you hire if we had to hire someone today?
如果現在讓你決定,你會雇誰
You.
你
Yeah, me, too.
我也這么想
You're supposed to say me. No, no.
你應該說選我的,不
And you wouldn't hire yourself, either.
你也不想雇你自己
You're right. I hate that about myself.
你說得對,我討厭自己這點
No.
別啊
It's smart.
這很聰明
So why did Will hire you?
那威爾為什么會雇你呢
Because you're a slut.
因為你是個蕩婦
What?
在想什么
Nothing. I need to finish.
沒什么,我要把它寫完
Okay.
好的
Good luck.
好運
Thank you, Kalinda,
謝謝你,凱琳達
that is great.
這很棒
Uh, good-bye, Ka... uh, Kalinda.
再見,凱琳達
I don't know.
我不知道
Yeah, I got... I got to go, someone's here.
我得掛了,有人來了
Uh, hello?
你好
Elsbeth Tascioni. How are you?
我是埃爾斯貝特·塔肖尼,你好嗎
I'm good. Do I know you? Oh, no.
我很好,我認識你嗎,不認識
But you're Nelson Dubeck from the Office of Public Integrity.
你是廉政辦公室的尼爾森·杜柏克
You helped prosecute Rod Blagojevich.
你幫助起訴了羅德·布拉戈耶維奇
I did. Do you need something?
是的,你有什么事嗎
Yeah, I need you to leave Will Gardner alone
我需要你遠離威爾·加德納
or I'll sue you for harassment.
否則我會告你騷擾
Mr. Gardner should consider how seriously I take this.
加德納先生該考慮到我對待這事有多嚴肅
Take what?
什么事
He acquired a videotape
他得到了一段視頻
of a stuffed ballot box.
關于一個裝滿選票的投票箱
He brought that videotape to the governor-elect.
他帶著這段視頻去找新獲選的州長
And he attempted to show it to him.
并試圖給州長看
What videotape?
什么視頻
What is that?
這是什么
That is a videotape of three men taking a ballot box
這是三個男人搬著選票箱
into a polling place.
走進投票點的視頻
No, it looks like a... GIF.
這看起來像,動態圖片
Or is a "Jif"?
還是叫動態圖畫
GIF. Have you ever seen the GIF of that bear, uh,
動態圖片,你看過那只熊的動圖嗎
falling onto a trampoline and then bouncing into a pool?
它倒在蹦床上,然后又彈到了水池里
It is so funny, but I was surprised to find out
特別好玩,但我很驚訝地發現
that the pool was... faked.
那個水池是假的
All digitally futzed with.
全是電腦合成的
If you're suggesting that
如果你是在暗示
this videotape was in any way manipulated...
這段視頻是偽造的
Oh, eight bits per pixel makes a GIF highly manipulatable... ble.
每像素8位的動態圖片很容易作假
I hope you have the original,
我希望你有原始視頻
because otherwise I'm gonna object
否則我會在法庭上反對
to the jif being admitted into court.
采納這個動圖為證據
The governor's guilty.
州長有罪
How do you know that?
你怎么知道的
He's the governor of Illinois.
他是伊利諾伊州的州長
And...
所以
you think they're all corrupt?
你覺得伊利諾伊州州長都腐敗嗎
No, they just happen to be all corrupt.
不,他們碰巧都很腐敗而已
So it doesn't matter what the facts are,
所以不管事實如何
you'll prosecute Peter Florrick for the crime of voter fraud?
你都要起訴彼得·福瑞克競選舞弊嗎
Peter Florrick spent six months in prison. He's a criminal.
彼得·福瑞克坐過六個月牢,他是罪犯
Who was exonerated. No, his case was dismissed.
他被免罪了,不,案子被駁回了
So you're out to get him.
所以你就是沖著他來的
I'm out to get a criminal.
我是來抓罪犯
Even if there's no proof?
即使沒有證據
I'll find the proof.
我會找到證據的
This is Elsbeth Tascioni recording
本人埃爾斯貝特·塔肖尼
Nelson Dubeck in the lobby
在哈林頓中心的休息廳里
of the Harrington Plaza at...
錄下了與尼爾森·杜柏克的對話
11::33 P.M.
此時是中午11點33分
I'd erase that, ma'am.
我會把錄音刪除的,女士
You did not have my permission to make that recording,
你未經我同意錄下對話
and without that permission you are subject to prosecution.
你會因此受到起訴
Oh, no, not in New York.
紐約可沒有這規定
Two-party consent is the law in Illinois, s
雙方準許原則是伊利諾伊州的法律
but this is New York.
但這里是紐約
One-party consent is enough here
在這里一方同意就可以了
and I am one party.
而我就是其中一方
And I give my consent.
我同意錄音
I suggest you leave Mr. Gardner alone, sir.
我建議您不要再騷擾加德納先生,先生
He's a nice man.
他是個好人
He has no part in your vendetta against Governor Florrick.
他跟你與福瑞克州長之間的宿怨無關
By the way,
順便說一句
you should look into an anti-Semitic
你該去調查一下時代廣場那只
costumed furry bear in Times Square.
反猶太人的大毛熊
Very few lawyers can reach their prime
很少有律師能在郊區當了十幾年的
after a decade as a mother in suburbia,
全職母親后迎來事業的高峰
but Alicia Florrick is...
但艾麗西婭·福瑞克
special.
是特別的
Row four, far left.
第四排,靠左
Great.
很好
Remember, say it loud and with a smile.
記住,面帶笑容,聲音響亮
People will believe whatever you tell them.
他們會相信你說的一切
Oh, and, uh, Rayna Hecht is here.
還有,蕾娜·赫特在這兒
It would help our cause if you could dazzle her.
要是能得到她的青睞對我們大有好處
...Alicia Florrick.
艾麗西婭·福瑞克
The governor's guilty.
州長有罪
How do you know that?
你怎么知道呢
He's the governor of Illinois.
他是伊利諾伊州的州長
You got him to say that?
你設法讓他說出了這個嗎
I didn't get him to say anything.
我沒設法讓他說任何事
He wanted to say it.
他主動說出來的
If he comes after you, we'll use it.
要是他想對付你,我們就用這個
But he's not coming after me.
但他不是想對付我
I don't think so. Not with what he has.
我不這么想,鑒于他所掌握的把柄
Oh, you're a lifesaver.
你真是救星
No, no, no.
不不不
I'm just, um...
我只是
Got to go.
該走了
I prepared by looking in a mirror.
我看著鏡子為自己做準備
It was the only interview I could still get.
那是我唯一能得到的面試
When you're sitting across the desk
當你坐在一個
from someone who can hire you,
可以雇傭你的人對面時
you feel every one of those 13 years.
你能真切感受到十三年的光陰流逝
But, luckily, I had a very good interviewer.
但幸運的是,我有個很好的面試官
He asked me if I was up to it,
他問我是否準備好
coming back to the workplace.
重返職場
The interviewer pointed out that I was
他指出我一直在
arguing against myself.
與自己作對
I should stop...
我不該繼續
pointing out reasons why I shouldn't be hired.
解釋自己不該被雇傭的理由了
What did I learn from this?
我從中學到了什么呢
Use everything you have
要盡己所能
to get the job.
去爭取工作機會
And don't feel entitled.
不要想當然覺得自己有資格
Will Gardner.
威爾·加德納
Just hear me out.
聽我說完
The hiring committee has voted.
招聘委員會已經投票表決了
Yeah, but we shouldn't penalize her.
但我們不該懲罰她
Her face is on the news 24-7.
她的臉每天都出現在新聞里
Every political blog is writing about her.
所有政治博客都在寫她的事
Wait, she wasn't the one who slept with the hookers.
但和妓女上床的并不是她啊
Were you involved with this woman?
你和這個女人有關系嗎
What? You never push for associate hires.
什么,你從未為別人爭取過職位
She was my friend.
她曾是我的朋友
And... the smartest person in our class.
也是我們班里最聰明的人
Give me something I can sell to the other partners.
給我一些能說服其他合伙人的理由
There's a lawyer I'm trying to bring on board,
我想為一個律師爭取一個職位
but I'm getting some push back.
但不是很順利
I need you to put a dossier together on her.
我要你整理一份她的檔案材料
Okay. Who is she?
好的,她是誰
Alicia Florrick.
艾麗西婭·福瑞克
Peter Florrick's wife?
彼得·福瑞克的妻子嗎
Yeah. Why?
是的,怎么了
Nothing.
沒什么
Of course, the advantage of being a woman opting back in
當然,女性重返職場的優勢在于
is that no one ever questioned
沒有人會問你
why you opted out in the first place.
當初為什么要退出職場
Women are cut little slack on this.
女性在這方面的要求并不是很嚴格
Men, even less.
男性更是如此
I looked into Alicia Florrick.
我調查了艾麗西婭·福瑞克
I spoke to her old firm.
我和她的舊東家談過了
She managed to win a couple dozen cases
在休產假前,她贏過
before taking her maternity leave.
二三十個案子
Even managed to bring in some small clients.
還爭取到一些小客戶
But?
但是
They were about to fire her.
他們那時已打算辭退她
They thought she wasn't tough enough.
他們認為她不夠強硬
She never knew, but they said
她對此不知情,但他們說
she lacked a killer instinct.
她缺乏一股殺氣
What do you want me to do with this?
你想要我怎么辦
Bury it.
掩蓋掉
The one upside to a scandal or a tragedy in your life
生活中發生丑聞或悲劇的好處之一
is that it is the best kind of wake-up call.
就是它能讓你幡然醒悟
Would I have done it any differently if I were a man?
如果我是男人,我會做出不同的選擇嗎
Would I have...
如果我
Uh, would I have done...
如果我是
I mean, uh...
我是說
Uh, would I have felt differently if I were a man?
如果是男人,我會感受不同嗎
What's going on?
怎么回事
Lindler just launched a hostile takeover of MRG Pharmaceuticals.
林德勒剛剛惡意收購了MRG醫藥公司
Everybody wants to get in on it.
所有人都想分一杯羹
Excuse me.
不好意思
The answer is I would never do it differently.
回答是我仍會做同樣選擇
The key is to raise your profile.
關鍵是要盡力展現自信
Opt-out moms are held to a higher standard
人們對曾是全職母親的女人總是
than anyone else.
要求更苛刻
We... have to work harder.
我們必須加倍努力
We have to make up for lost time.
我們必須彌補失去的時間
Uh, is there any other...?
還有別的
It was across the street.
這里就在街對面
I'm almost finished. I won't bother you.
我馬上就好了,不會打擾你
Scotch, no ice.
蘇格蘭威士忌,不加冰
They only have beer.
這里只有啤酒
Beer.
那就啤酒
It's hard to get drunk on beer.
喝啤酒很難喝醉
Mm, you just got to try harder.
你只能多喝幾杯了
Yeah, yeah.
好的,好的
She doesn't like me, and I don't give a flying crap.
她不喜歡我,我也不特么在乎
Flying crap.
"特么"在乎
Go to hell. Is that better?
見鬼去吧,你開心了吧
You're in a bad mood.
你心情不好
I just had 300 people walk out on me.
有三百個人在我講話時離場
It looked like 400.
看上去有四百個
Why do you hate me?
你為什么恨我
Well, I don't like you.
我不喜歡你
Hate's probably too strong.
恨可能說得太過了
Why?
為什么
Are you serious?
你是認真的嗎
Because of that?
因為那事嗎
Three weeks. Three weeks you were scheming.
三周,你密謀了三周
That wasn't my fault.
那不是我的錯
I wanted to leave right away.
我想立刻就離開的
With our clients.
帶著我們的客戶
Wow. It just never ends.
這簡直沒完沒了了
Don't ask the question if you don't want the answer.
如果你不想知道就別問
What?
怎么
We could never make it work.
我們之間總是成不了
You're linking two things together I never did.
你把兩件我從沒想過的事情聯系在一起了
Thanks a lot.
真是謝謝了
You want to say "Bitch," Say "Bitch""
你想罵婊子就罵吧
Bitch.
婊子
So,
那么
you're saying that if I were any other partner leaving,
你是說不管是其他哪個合伙人離開
you would hate me the way you do?
你都會一樣地恨嗎
I'm saying, if you were any other partner,
我是說,如果你是其他人
I'd be as unhappy and competitive as I am now.
我會一樣的好勝和不爽
I don't believe you.
我不相信你
That's your right.
隨便你
You're enjoying your pain too much.
你太享受被背叛者的角色了
So,
那么
you're gonna fight me on every client, every case?
你打算和我爭搶每個客戶和案子嗎
I will be your competitor.
我會是你的對手
You're up for it.
你得做好準備
You're a big girl.
你懂的
Okay.
好吧
I guess it's something.
我想這還挺不錯的
Mm. It's something.
是挺不錯的
Yes.
你好
Where are you? Can you talk?
你在哪,方便說話嗎
I'm in the coffee shop across the street.
我在對街的咖啡店
And no.
不方便說話
Someone's sitting near you?
有人坐在你附近嗎
Yes.
是的
Rayna Hecht was impressed with your speech.
蕾娜·赫特對你的演講印象深刻
She wants to meet.
她想見面
Uh... when?
什么時候
Now. She's leaving early tomorrow.
現在,她明天一早就走
Now?
現在嗎
I-I've had a few.
我喝了一點
Few?
一點什么
Nothing. Uh, where?
沒事,在哪里
In the lounge. She wants to have a quick drink with us.
休息廳,她想跟我們隨便喝杯東西
Great.
很好
A meeting?
有會議嗎
A very important meeting.
非常重要的會議
How to destroy our competitors.
怎樣擊毀我們的競爭對手
Good. I expect no less.
很好,別讓我失望
May the best man win.
愿最優秀的人勝利
Mr. Gardner?
加德納先生嗎
Yes?
是的
We've never met. Jim Moody.
我們從沒見過,我是吉姆·穆迪
I used to work...
我曾在...
I know who you are.
我知道你是誰
I need five minutes of your time.
我占用你五分鐘的時間
No.
不行
Please.
求你了
Look, this guy from Justice, Dubeck...
那個廉政辦公室的家伙,杜柏克
he's turning the screws on me.
他向我施壓
Listen to me.
聽著
You and I are both witnesses in a grand jury hearing.
你和我都是大陪審團聽證的證人
Legally, we cannot talk to each other.
法律上來說,我們不能跟對方說話
I just want to make sure you and I are telling the same story.
我只是想確認下我們的證詞是一致的
Did you hear what I just said?
你聽到我剛說的了嗎
I only did what Eli Gold told me to do that night.
我只是按照伊萊·戈德說的做了
I don't care.
我不關心
You stay the hell away from me, or I'll call security.
你離我遠點,否則我就叫保安了
Five minutes isn't much time,
五分鐘的時間不多
so just keep it all bullet points.
所以要保證說的都是重點
I'll talk about firm culture, and Alicia...
我會講企業文化,而艾麗西婭...
I will handle women-friendly policies,
我會負責女性友好政策
and crapital structure.
及廢物結構
Our what? Capital structure.
我們的什么,資本結構
You said "Crapital."
你說的是"廢物"
No, I didn't. Mrs. Florrick,
不,我沒有,福瑞克夫人
are you inebriated?
你是不是喝醉了
I'll be fine.
我沒事的
Oh, dear God.
天哪
Okay, all right. Well, let-let us just talk,
好了,沒事,我們先聊
and then, you just go ahead...
然后你開始
Hello. Oh, don't get up.
你們好,不用起來了
Don't get up. Please.
不用起來了,拜托
I'm so sorry for blowing you off earlier.
抱歉早些時候放你們鴿子
And don't say I didn't, because I did.
別說我沒有,因為我確實有
Ah, Mrs. Florrick. Hello.
福瑞克夫人,你好
Hello.
你好
Powerful speech.
很給力的演講
And I'm sorry so many of our colleagues had to miss it.
我很抱歉我們那么多同行錯過了
Thank you.
謝謝
So we wanted to talk about our firm. We're just
我們想跟你談談我們的公司
getting started, but we read your article...
我們剛起步,但我們讀了你的文章
I'll be honest.
我實話實說了
I like you guys. I do.
我喜歡你們,真的
And I do intend to decide within the next 48 hours.
我確實打算四十八小時內做出決定
And I'm interested in your firm because you
我對你們公司感興趣
have female partners.
是因為你們有女性合伙人
Yes, we try not to discriminate,
是的,在晉升時我們盡量做到
in promotion at all.
沒有任何歧視
Good.
很好
Were you unhappy at Lockhart/Gardner?
你在洛&加律所做得不開心嗎
Oh, I... um, I was happy up to a point.
我...在某種程度上來說算是開心
They... uh, let me grow.
他們...讓我成長
They let me...
他們讓我...
...learn.
學習
And then, I had to put what I learned on its feet.
然后,我得讓我所學的東西得以發揮
And that's what we're doing at Florrick-Agos, so,
而這就是我們在福&艾律所做的
Clarke, why don't you just...
克拉克,你為什么不
you go ahead and talk about the, um...
你談談
Yes, our, uh, crapital structure.
是的,我們的廢物結構
Capital. Capital structure.
資本,資本結構
What do you want, Alicia?
你想要什么,艾麗西婭
What do I want?
我想要什么
Yes. What do you want?
是的,你想要什么
I want a happy life,
我想要快樂的生活
and I want to control my fate.
我想控制自己的命運
Thank you, gentlemen.
謝謝,先生們
Alicia.
艾麗西婭
Good talking to you.
跟你交談很高興
Was that a good thing?
這算是談得不錯嗎
How were you supposed to answer?
你應該怎么回答
Ms. Tascioni, don't take this the wrong way,
塔肖尼女士,不要誤會
but you have an awful voice.
但你的歌聲真的很爛
I know.
我知道
I know, but this city... it inspires me.
我知道,但這個城市激勵了我
Really? I find it makes me sweat.
真的嗎,我發現它讓我流汗
I'm gonna treat us to some more little drinks.
我要請我倆多喝幾杯
I'm old-fashioned, Ms. Tascioni. I'll treat.
我很老派的,塔肖尼女士,我來請
No, no, no.
不不不
I'm having a good day.
我今天很開心
I just landed a new partner I met.
我剛有了一個新合伙人
We're starting a two-woman firm.
我們要開一家兩個女人的律所
My I ask your partner's name?
我能問下你合伙人的名字嗎
Rayna Hecht.
蕾娜·赫特
Oh, excuse me. Buzzy, buzz.
抱歉,手機響了
I got to go. I'm sorry.
我得走了,抱歉
Please excuse the cramped quarters.
請原諒這空間很狹小
What's going on?
怎么回事
From the start, Wayne.
從頭開始,韋恩
That is you and Jim Moody
你和吉姆·穆迪
conversing in private, Mr. Gardner.
在私底下談話,加德納先生
Look, there was no conversing.
根本就沒有談話
I told him to stay away. Will.
我叫他走開,威爾
Well, to a grand jury,
對于大陪審團來說
it's going to look like two witnesses conspiring to
這看起來就像兩個證人密謀
cover up election fraud.
掩蓋賄選
That's ten years in federal prison.
那可是要在聯邦監獄呆上十年
You can't be serious.
你別開玩笑了
The best part, Ms. Tascioni, is
最棒的部分是,塔肖尼女士
this is the original surveillance video.
這可是原始的監控錄像
The chain of custody is perfect and unimpeachable in court.
監管完美且在法庭上無懈可擊
You cut a deal with Moody?
你跟穆迪達成協議了嗎
Mr. Gardner, you still have to see the forest through the trees.
加德納先生,你不要只見樹木不見森林
I'm not interested in you.
我對你不感興趣
I want Peter Florrick.
我要的是彼得·福瑞克
All you have to do is testify against him.
你要做的只是指證他
We'll think about it.
我們會考慮的
You have 48 hours.
你們有四十八小時
My plane lands at 9:00 A.M.
我的飛機早上九點到
I'll see you at home?
我們家里見
Love you.
愛你
Hi, Ms. Florrick.
你好,福瑞克夫人
Lorainne Joy from Clements & Holloway.
克萊門茨&霍洛韋律所的洛林·喬伊
You came in for an interview a few years ago?
你幾年前來面試過
Of course. Ms. Joy. Hello.
是的,喬伊女士,你好
Lorraine, please.
請叫我洛林
I head your speech last night.
我昨晚聽了你的演講
It was terrific.
棒極了
Thank you.
謝謝
Listen, I know you've got your own shop now,
我知道你已經有自己的律所了
but we were wondering if you could come in for a chat,
但我們在想你是否能過來談談
see if we could convince you to maybe come work for us?
看看我們能否說服你來我們這工作
Oh, thank you,
謝謝
but I'm happy where I am.
但我對現在的地方很滿意
Okay.
好吧
Well, maybe down the road.
可能以后會有機會
You're hired.
你被錄取了
I...
我...
What? First year associate. You start on Monday.
什么,律師助理,周一開始上班
My God, I thought you were going to say,
天哪,我還以為你要說
"Sorry, the position is filled"
"抱歉,這個職位已經招滿了"
Nope. You're stuck with us.
不會的,你跟我們混了
Now you have to impress us.
現在你得用力表現了
I can do that.
那個我可以的
Will, thank you.
威爾,謝謝你
I-I know you didn't have to.
我知道你沒必要這么做
Alicia, when I'm broke
艾麗西婭,當我破產了
and lying in an alley somewhere, do something nice for me.
躺在過道里乞討時,記得多給點
Okay. Promise.
好的,我保證
Good. Now start reading up on contract law.
很好,現在開始仔細研讀合同法吧
On my way.
馬上去