This doesn't prove anything.
這說明不了什么
Of course it doesn't prove anything,
當然這說明不了什么
and yet, show that to a jury,
不過,把這個亮給陪審團
and a million dollar suit turns into a $20 million one.
能讓100萬美元的索賠加碼到2000萬
And if I get it kicked as prejudicial?
如果我把它作為偏見證據排除呢
It's Judge Abernathy.
法官是阿伯內亞
You're representing a deep-pocketed, big bad internet company
你代理的是財大氣粗的惡棍互聯網公司
who treated its employees so poorly,
對員工非常惡劣
three of them committed suicide in a month.
一個月內就有三名員工自殺
This one in his own cubicle.
這位就死在自己辦公的格子間
What side do you think Abernathy will be on?
你認為阿伯內亞會支持哪一方呢
You've changed.
你變了
I have.
那是
What happened to that cute little housewife that I used to know?
我認識的那個可愛的小主婦怎么變成這樣了
When did she grow to be so tall?
什么時候形象變得這么高大的
You know, they say,
知道嗎,人們說
you always kill the woman terrorists first.
要首先擊斃女恐怖分子
The male ones-- well, they hesitate.
至于男恐怖分子,他們優柔寡斷
They fear death.
貪生怕死
Not the women.
女人不這樣
Then maybe you should consider settling.
那也許你該考慮和解
I'll talk to my client.
我會跟我的委托人談談
Good. Have you been well?
好的,你最近還好嗎
I have.
我一直還好
Oh, I heard there was another turnover at Lockhart/Gardner.
聽說洛克哈特&加德納律所又變天了
Yes. It's a new day.
是啊,新氣象
A new, new day.
又一個新氣象
Sounds like you have one of those things every few months.
聽上去你們每隔幾個月就要折騰一番
Do they miss me?
他們想念我嗎
Oh, terribly, but then, every time we end up
他們無比想念你,不過每當
on the opposite side of a case from you, it eases the pain.
跟你對簿公堂的時候,相思之苦便有所緩解
Oh, and your husband-- oh, I hear he's up by three points.
還有你丈夫,我聽說他領先3個百分點
He's doing quite well, thank you.
他情況不錯,謝謝你
Playing the race card.
打種族牌
Oh, the suburbs,
城郊居民
how they love their white politicians.
多么熱愛他們的白人政客啊
You are going to become a very valuable commodity very soon.
要不了多久,你勢必成為他們的無價之寶
How's your daughter, Mr. Stern?
你女兒還好嗎,斯特恩先生
Every firm in the city is gonna come out of the woodwork
這城里每家公司都會冒出來
trying to get their hooks into you.
想盡辦法把你拉進去
Wife of the State's Attorney, a practicing lawyer,
州檢察官的妻子,同時又是執業律師
and not bad to look at, either.
而且長得不錯
Have a number to me by 6:00.
6點前給我報個價
Do nothing. Say nothing.
什么也別做,什么也別說
We are three points up with six days to go.
我們領先3個百分點,只剩6天了
The only way Wendy Scott-Carr wins is if we mess up.
溫迪·斯科特卡爾要贏的唯一指望就是我們自亂陣腳
If a reporter comes up to you, what does everyone say?
如果記者找上門來,該怎么說
That's right. Nothing.
對,無可奉告
Hello, Petra.
你好,佩拉
What a glorious day it is today.
今天真是個好日子啊
How are you?
你好嗎
Eli, you are so counting your chickens.
伊萊,你的如意算盤打得太早了
Why, whatever do you mean?
為什么,你究竟什么意思
I'm just sitting here, chatting with my favorite reporter.
我這不是正在和我最喜歡的記者聊天嗎
So, what do you think of the DCC suit?
你對民主黨委員會的訴訟怎么看
The DCC suit?
民主黨委員會的訴訟?
I don't know. What should I think?
我不知道,我該怎么看
Did you have anything to do with it?
你跟這事有關嗎
I am the first one to call you, aren't I?
莫非我是第一個告訴你的人
No. What are we talking about here?
不,你說的這是什么
The Democratic Committee has brought suit against Wendy Scott-Carr,
民主黨委員會提起對溫迪·斯科特卡爾的訴訟
charging her with a lack of residency status.
起訴她缺少居民身份
Get the DCC now!
現在就打給民主黨委員會
So, are you party to this suit?
那么你們和此事有關嗎
Are we party? No.
有關嗎,沒有
In fact, we believe that any question
事實上,我們認為
of our opposition's residency is misguided.
質疑我們對手的居民身份的問題是被誤導了
That's a... nice quote.
說得妙
Can you get me another one from the candidate?
你能幫我弄到候選人關于這事的說法嗎
What's your deadline?
截止時間是?
Well, online edition in 20 minutes.
網上的版本需要20分鐘內提交
I'll call you back.
我待會給你回電話
What the hell were you thinking?!
你他媽到底在想什么
You stupid bastard!
你個蠢貨
Let go! We're up by three points!
放開我,我們領先3個點啊
And we're helping!
我們這是在幫忙啊
No!
不
Where did you go to school, you idiot?!
你在哪上的學啊,你這白癡
You stupid son of a bitch.
你這狗娘養的蠢貨
You novice!
你個糊涂蟲
Wendy's husband's not a resident.
溫迪的丈夫不是居民
They spend more time out of Illinois than in it.
他們大部分時間不住在伊利諾伊州
You gave her an issue!
你這是給她找話題
You gave her a reprieve!
給她以可乘之機
The court will invalidate her votes.
法庭會宣判她的選票無效
No, they won't!
不,不會的
A lower court will.
下級法院可能會
It'll look like machine politics.
這樣看起來會像黨棍政治
We finally positioned ourselves as the enemy of the machine,
我們好不容易把自己樹立成黨棍政治的對手
and in one fell swoop,
你搞了這一下
you make it clear that Wendy is the enemy of the machine!
簡直等于宣布溫迪是黨棍政治的對手
Well, what's done is done. No, it is not,
覆水難收,不,就要收
because you're gonna drop this suit and apologize.
你馬上撤銷訴訟并道歉
Say it came from some underling with an itchy trigger finger.
就說是某個沖動的下屬干的
Too late. I already gave a quote.
太晚了,我已經發表看法了
You know, I don't have many enemies in life.
我這輩子還沒怎么樹過敵
I get along with Republicans,
我跟共和黨
Protestants, Catholics,
新教徒,天主教徒都能處得來
even a few reporters.
甚至跟一些記者交情也不錯
But the one thing I hate
但我最討厭的就是
is amateurs.
外行
Stern signed off on admitting this video into evidence?
斯特恩簽字同意這段視頻作為證據
Yes, but I don't think he thought we'd end up in court.
是的,不過我認為我們可能不必上庭
Well, it's now 6:00, and he's not calling with a number,
現在6點了,他還沒有打電話來報價
so I think we're ending up in court.
看來還得上庭
It's probably not a bad thing.
也許不是壞事
If I were on this jury, I'd want to punish someone for that.
我要是陪審團的話,我一定會想狠狠懲罰某人
Has she seen this?
她看過這個嗎
No, but she knows I have it.
不,不過她知道我有這段視頻
Best way to get it into evidence is through her testimony.
最好是通過她的證詞把這段證據引入
Can you prep her?
你能幫她做盤問準備嗎
You mean show this to her?
你是說給她看這個
You all right with that?
你能行嗎
Yes.
行
So, who else are we going to use from the rest of the class?
那么這批人當中還有誰可以利用
The fired one with the kids.
那位拖家帶口的被解雇的
Emily Haas. Yes.
艾米麗·哈斯,對
Thanks for holding them together.
謝謝你把他們團結起來
I'll be right back.
我去去就回
Do you need some help, little girl?
需要幫忙嗎,小姑娘
No, I'm good.
不,我很好
Where'd you get these? My sister.
這東西哪來的,我姐姐的
Do you remember Helena?
還記得海蓮娜嗎
She's staying the weekend.
她過來度周末
She said to say hello. She did not.
讓我代她向你問好,沒有吧
Well, she said some other things, too.
她還說了點別的話
She doesn't still hold a grudge, does she?
她還記仇呢,不是吧
No, no. The first decade she did.
不,不,頭十年她記仇
She wasn't used to people breaking up with her.
她不習慣別人跟她分手
She usually was the heartbreaker.
通常她是愛情殺手
Does she think it's weird we're...?
她覺得別扭嗎,我們...
She thinks I'm competing with her.
她認為我在和她爭
Well, then you've won.
那你是贏家
We've been with each other longer than her.
我們交往的時間比她長
I got an offer to go to London.
我在倫敦得到一份工作
That's why I'm here.
所以我來這里
They want me to go to London for the Olympics.
他們想讓我去倫敦報道奧運會
Next year? No. This year,
明年嗎,不,今年
to be their man on the ground in the rev-up.
去當地為報道工作預熱
Are you going?
你要去嗎
I don't know.
不知道
Okay.
好吧
I get it.
我明白
Good.
很好
What?
怎么
What are we?
我們算什么
No.
不
Should I go to London?
我應該去倫敦嗎
It's a good opportunity.
這是個好機會
It's a promotion.
這是晉升
And you want to go?
那你想去嗎
That's the subject under discussion.
那是正在討論的問題
I need some help.
我也很難做決定
I think I should go.
我想我應該去
Okay, then I think that's a smart plan.
好,我覺得是個明智之舉
When-When would you leave? Two weeks.
你,你什么時候走,兩周后
Wow. Fast.
真快啊
Yup.
是的
Okay.
好吧
See you.
再見
Morning.
早啊
You have the Aubrey client meeting at 9:00.
九點您要見客戶奧布里
And the final contracts on your desk for Thompson.
還有您桌上給湯普森的最終合約
I'll give you ten more minutes.
我再給您十分鐘
Then I need you on the phone with New York.
然后需要您接聽紐約的電話
Yup.
是
Stern is dead.
斯特恩過世了
Okay, who's doing it?
好的,誰在處理呢
Just keep me in touch.
保持聯系
When?
什么時候
I don't know.
不知道
Sometime during the night.
晚上的某個時間吧
His secretary just found him this morning.
他的秘書今早剛發現的
Well, that's the end of an era.
那是一個時代的終結
I kind of don't know what to think.
我腦子里有點亂
I mean, he brought us together.
我是說,他把我們拉到一起的
Yeah. Then he took half our clients,
是的,然后帶走了我們一半的客戶
and he's been bludgeoning us with them ever since.
從那時起他一直在打壓我們
When's the funeral?
葬禮什么時候
Tomorrow. Just the family.
明天,只有親屬
But they're sitting shiva for the week.
不過他們要服喪七日
Is it horrible of me?
我這種想法很可怕嗎
I don't know, but I was thinking the same thing.
不知道,不過我在想同樣的事
We can grab our clients back. Yup.
我們能奪回客戶,是的
I already made a list.
我已經列了名單
We can't call them now, can we?
現在不能給他們打電話,是嗎
Well, that might seem... opportunistic.
那看起來可能...是投機
What's the etiquette? Tomorrow.
什么時候合適,明天
I mean, if we don't, other firms will jump in.
我是說,如果不打電話,其他律所會插進來的
Other firms without the same sense of restraint?
其他律所可沒有這種克制意識
We should call on his wife and daughter.
我們應該拜訪他的妻女
Sitting shiva?
在服喪期間?
Sure.
當然
You think his firm's in play?
你覺得他的公司在運轉嗎
Could be.
應該在運轉的
That would be bad.
那就麻煩了
Clients might stay put.
客戶或許不會另投他處
I'm sorry.
真遺憾
I know.
我知道
I mean, how awful.
我是說,真可怕
He was dead the whole night.
整個晚上,他就死在那里
Everyone thought it was just another one of his all-nighters.
大家都以為他只是又熬了個通宵
The life of a lawyer.
這就是律師的命啊
I don't want to die like that.
我不想像他那樣死去
Then don't.
那就不要那樣
Pamela Harriman.
帕米拉·哈里曼
Now that was a death.
她死的才叫體面
Doing laps in the Paris Ritz pool.
死前在巴黎里茲飯店游泳池游幾圈
Doesn't matter, does it?
有區別嗎
I mean, we all end up in the same place.
我是說,終結的地方都一樣
All that's left is... our Wikipedia entry.
剩下的只有...維基百科條目
Well, you're a bundle of joy.
你真會逗笑
Stay healthy.
保持健康
Okay, not too opportunistic.
好的,別太投機
I'm so sorry.
我很遺憾
I'm so sorry for your loss.
請節哀順變
Solomon Harwell. LSG.
所羅門·哈維爾,物流公司的
We had 11 million of their business last year.
去年我們有他們一千一百萬的生意
Yes.
是的
And his son just made it into Harvard.
他兒子剛進了哈佛大學
Solomon, how are you?
所羅門,你好
Counselor, how are you?
律師,你好
We're a stronger firm these days.
這些日子我們律所更強了
The economy knocked out some of our competitors,
經濟危機消滅了一些競爭對手
but we survived.
但我們堅持過來了
Oh, I know. I always liked you guys.
我知道,我一直都喜歡你們
But I'm waiting to see who's buying Stern's firm first.
不過我先等著看誰會買下斯特恩律所
Who's buying? What do you mean?
誰會買下,您什么意思
Stern was selling his firm.
斯特恩生前正在出售他的律所
He was retiring.
他要退休
I didn't know that.
我不知道啊
Who was he selling it to?
他賣給誰了
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克女士
Funny to see you here.
這里見到你真有意思
Yes, funny.
是啊,有意思
You knew Mr. Stern?
你認識斯特恩先生?
I did.
是的
Not for that long. Just the last four months.
時間不長,他的最后四個月而已
He was helping me become adjusted to Chicago.
他幫助我調整以適應芝加哥
It's a sad day. Yes. Very sad.
真是個悲傷的日子,是啊,很悲傷
But I didn't realize,
我一直都不知道
Mr. Canning, that you were still here.
坎寧先生,你還在芝加哥
I thought you went back to New York.
我以為你回紐約了
Oh, no, no, no.
沒有沒有
I like it here.
我喜歡這里
In fact, I think we'll be seeing each other in court again soon.
實際上,我想我們很快又會在法庭相見了
We will? Why?
又相見?為什么
Stern's last case.
斯特恩最后的案子
Uh, you're taking over?
你接手了嗎
Well... I bought his firm.
我買下了他的律所
Every case, every client.
所有的案子,所有的客戶
Looks like we'll be facing off quite a bit now.
看來我們又要針鋒相對了
Wendy Scott-Carr is an Illinois resident.
溫迪的確是伊州公民
This is her summer home in Forest Lake,
這是她在森湖市的夏宅
not in Michigan as the Democratic Committee suggests.
并不像民主黨委員會說的那樣在密歇根
And why isn't Wendy's team showing me that?
為什么不是溫迪的團隊給我看這個
'Cause they're three points down, and they want the DCC
因為他們落后三個百分點
to continue to shoot themselves in the foot.
他們希望民主黨委員會繼續自毀長城
They actually seem to be shooting you in the foot.
貌似毀的是你的長城
All the more reason to print it.
那就更要發表了
I got a background quote that Florrick has bimbo issues.
匿名人士爆料說福瑞克有桃色新聞
Had bimbo issues.
曾經有
No, I-I think I got the tense right.
不,我覺得不是過去式
You're not gonna print it. Am I not?
你不能發表這個,不能嗎
If it's untrue, you're not.
若果這消息是假的,你就不能發表
And we know this how?
我們怎知真假
Because Peter is a reformed man.
因為彼得已經改過自新了
This is pretty convincing stuff.
這次的爆料言之鑿鑿
He, uh... he slept with a coworker,
他和一位同事上床了
and is actively trying to hide it from his wife.
而且他正全力避免他妻子得知此事
And I hear the State's Attorney has an investigator
此外我還聽說,州檢察官派了一位調查員
named Andrew Wiley snooping around.
安德魯·懷利,四處打探此事
There are some very real human beings
這場鬧劇涉及到
in this little drama.
幾個實實在在的人
Yes, and I know that is always your first concern.
是的,我知道你最關心的就是這個
Get me a quote from the wife. No.
讓他的妻子給我評論下,不行
Then I'll run what I have. You'll run a rumor.
那我就發表了,你發表的是謠言
Half our newspaper is a rumor.
我們的報紙有一半是謠言
How do you think news becomes news?
你知道新聞都是怎么來的嗎
Get Mrs. Florrick on the phone with me.
讓福瑞克夫人打電話給我
Maybe I'll run something else.
或許我會發表些別的
Give me 48 hours.
給我48小時
24.
24小時
Thank you. Please.
謝謝,請坐
I didn't know
除了在這里的幾次見面
Jonas Stern outside of our few shared moments here,
我之前并不太認識喬納斯·斯特恩
but it's always worth a moment
但是花點時間
to reflect on how... fleeting life is.
回望生命如白駒過隙,還是值得的
How we really only...
我們手中
hold so much... sand in our hands.
所掌握的只是時之沙
Tant'è amara che poco
生亦何歡
è pi u morte, as they say.
死亦何苦
Anyway,
好了
I hear that negotiations have broken down,
我聽說談判已經破裂
and we're ready to go.
大家都準備好了
Yes? Then let's call the jury.
是吧,請陪審團入場吧
And when would you say things changed, Mr. Yellins?
事情是什么時候開始起變化的,葉林斯先生
Well, about six months ago.
大約六個月之前
After Kim Palmieri took over as CEO.
金·帕梅里接任行政總裁的時候
Kim Palmieri, the defendant?
被告金·帕梅里嗎
Yes. It started with little things.
是的,一開始是些小事
They closed the employee break room,
他們關閉了員工休息室
they cut our sick days.
削減病假
They laid people off so the rest of us were forced
他們裁減員工,我們這些剩下的就不得不
to come in on the weekends and take up the slack.
周末來加班以補上缺漏
The air conditioning was off, so the place was an oven.
空調也給關了,辦公室熱得像爐子一樣
Finally, I came in to my office one day,
最終,有一天我來上班
and my desk was gone.
我的桌子不見了
Where did it go?
桌子去哪兒了
They'd moved it to the copy room.
被挪到復印室了
My supervisor, Kevin,
我的上司,凱文
made me gather my things into a box
讓我把自己的東西收到一個盒子里
and walk over to the copy room with everybody staring at me,
搬到復印室去,所有人都盯著我
and that was the most humiliating...
這實在太侮辱人了
Uh, so after that, I couldn't go back there.
之后,我沒法回去工作了
I quit.
我辭職了
No further questions.
沒有問題了
So... they, uh... they closed the break room?
他們把員工休息室關了?
Yes.
是的
I see. I'm... sorry.
明白了,我很抱歉
And the air conditioner being turned off-- that was tough.
空調也關了,很不好過吧
Well, it was the idea of-of working on the weekends.
最可惡的是周末還要工作
I understand.
我明白
And this moved desk-- how far was that?
你的桌子被移動了多遠
Uh, I don't know. The end of the building.
我不清楚,到了大樓的盡頭
And everybody's eyes were on you?
大家都盯著你?
The whole firm's.
整個公司都盯著我
That must have been humiliating, with everyone...
大家都看著你
watching you.
一定很傷自尊
How-How far was it, do you think, 50 feet?
你覺得到底有多遠,15米?
Um, I don't know. Well, let's...
我不知道,那么
Let's-Let's try it.
我們就來試試看
Was it this far, your humiliating walk?
你的屈辱之旅,有這么遠嗎
The one with everyone staring at you?
那時大家都盯著你
Uh, no, it was further.
不,比這遠
Okay, was it... was it a straight line,
好,你走的是直線
or was-was something in your way, or...?
還是說路上有別的東西擋著
Uh, I don't think you're getting the point.
我覺得你沒抓住要點
The point is that it was painful and humiliating.
要點是痛苦和屈辱
I mean, that's... that's why you're suing.
我是說,你正是因為這個起訴
And I'm just trying to ascertain the extent of your humiliation.
我只是想確認你受到了多深的羞辱
Was it this far, your-your walk with everybody
大家都盯著你的時候
watching you?
你走了有這么遠嗎
We need to hit the videotaped hanging harder.
我們得在自殺錄像上加把勁了
Kalinda, what do you have?
凱琳達,查到什么沒
Their financials.
他們的賬目
The company claims
公司聲稱
they cut employee perks because of the economy,
他們削減員工津貼是因為經濟形勢不好
but I found this buried under a miscellaneous line item.
但我在他們的支出雜項里找到了這個
Two point seven million
270萬美金
paid to a company called Haver Associates.
付給了一家哈沃公司
A human resources consultant.
人力資源顧問公司
They tell you how to fire people.
他們教你怎么炒掉員工
This should have been turned over in discovery.
這個在文件透露程序中應該提交的
Yup. Looks like they were trying to hide it.
是啊,看來他們在竭力隱瞞
Good. Stay on it.
好,繼續跟進
And so your husband took his own life?
于是你丈夫就自盡了?
Yes.
是的
He called me
他打電話來
and asked me to hug our daughters,
叫我擁抱著女兒們
to read them Goodnight Moon.
給她們讀《晚安月亮》
He loved reading them that.
他很愛給她們讀那首詩
And then he took an extension cord,
然后他拿了根電線
and stood on his desk and hung himself.
站上自己的桌子,上吊了
And you've seen the surveillance video of your husband's suic...?
你已看過你丈夫自殺的監控...
Objection!
反對
Your Honor, Mr. Canning...
法官大人,坎寧先生...
This is completely absurd, Your Honor.
這簡直荒謬透頂,法官大人
It's decided.
已經定了
No, it's not.
不,沒定
This was already settled.
早就達成協議了
With another lawyer. Your Honor?
和另一個律師達成的,法官大人
Over here.
過來
I find lawyers less aggressive when seated. Please.
我發現律師們坐著的時候沒那么咄咄逼人
Everybody, please take a seat.
各位,請坐
And no leaning forward.
別往前靠
Everybody take a deep breath.
大家深呼吸
Good. Mr. Canning, let's start with you.
好,坎寧先生,你先說
It's prejudicial, Your Honor.
這是偏見證據,法官大人
It's a surveillance video of Mr. Joyce committing suicide by hanging himself.
這是喬伊斯先生上吊自殺過程的監控錄像
It serves no probative value, other than to inflame the jury.
它沒有證明價值,只會引起陪審團反感
Uh, Mr. Gardner, Mrs. Florrick.
加德納先生,福瑞克太太
It goes to pain and suffering.
它能證明痛苦與折磨
Mrs. Joyce not only had to suffer her husband's suicide,
喬伊斯太太既得忍受失去丈夫的痛苦
she had to see the surveillance video.
又得忍受看監控錄像的折磨
Because you showed it to her.
還不是你給她看的
Uh-uh-uh. Mr. Canning, you'll have your chance.
坎寧先生,會輪到你說話
Mr. Canning's predecessor counsel,
坎寧先生的前任律師
Mr. Stern, already signed off on our evidence list.
斯特恩先生,已經簽署同意了證據清單
He had no objection to this video.
他不反對這個錄像
That's true, Mr. Canning.
沒錯,坎寧先生
Why are we reopening this particular can of worms?
為什么我們要來回折騰呢
No, no. Don't lean forward.
不,不,別往前靠
Just... I just have to get something from my case, Your Honor. Oh.
我只是得從包里拿點東西,法官大人
In going over our records with our medical carrier,
我在檢查本所醫藥供應商記錄的過程中
I discovered several prescriptions for Donepezil
發現幾份鹽酸多奈哌齊的處方
made out to Mr. Stern.
都是開給斯特恩先生的
It's a drug commonly used for
這是通常用于
treatment of Alzheimer's and dementia.
治療老年癡呆癥的藥物
It's a scourge of the elderly, as you know.
您也知道,這病對老年人很是折磨
Yes. My nana suffered from it.
是的,我奶奶得了這病
She hardly knew me at the end.
她最后幾乎不認得我了
Oh, that's terrible. It was the same with my mom
噢,那真糟糕,我去老人院看我媽時
when I visited her at the care center.
她也是如此
Is there some reason for...?
討論這個干嘛
I believe Lockhart/Gardner was aware of
我相信洛克哈特&加德納律所
Mr. Stern's condition, and took advantage of a disabled man
已知曉斯特恩先生的身體狀況并加以利用
who didn't know what he was signing.
他并不知道自己簽了什么
This is ridiculous.
簡直荒謬
I had no idea whatsoever, Your Honor.
我毫不知情,法官大人
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克太太呢
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克太太
Were you aware of Mr. Stern's diminished condition?
你知道斯特恩先生的不良身體狀況嗎
Your Honor, I...
法官大人,我
I regret I can't answer that question,
很抱歉根據律師與當事人之間的保密協議
due to the bond of attorney-client privilege.
我不能回答這個問題
Ah. Well, then, you leave me no choice
那么,除了領悟言外之意
but to read between the lines here.
我別無選擇了
Uh, Mr. Stern's evidentiary agreement no longer holds sway,
斯特恩先生的證據協議不再有效
and Mr. Canning's objection to the videotape is sustained.
坎寧先生關于錄像的反對有效
So what, we're keeping secrets here?
怎樣,我們之間也要保密嗎
No, we're keeping privilege.
不,我們要遵守保密協議
Okay, so hypothetically then.
好,那么假設來說
You're an associate,
你是一個律師
and a partner at your firm asks you to represent him.
你所里的合伙人要你代理他
Yes.
是的
And during the course of that representation,
在代理的過程中
you learn certain things about that partner,
你得知了這個合伙人的某些事情
and he instructs you not to inform anyone.
他要求你不能告訴任何人
Including the other partners, yes.
包括其他合伙人,是的
Hypothetically in that situation,
假設來說,在此情況下
I would be bound by that, even after his death.
我就得受其約束,甚至他死后
Great. Stern's dead, and he's still screwing us.
很好,斯特恩死了都還要搞得我們一團糟
Here comes the monster!
怪獸來啦
Oh, I'm gonna get you.
我會來抓你的
Hey, thanks for dropping by.
謝謝順路過來
No problem, Wiley.
沒關系,懷利
What are you investigating now?
你現在在調查什么
Uh, Childs has me on a. Huh.
查爾茲要我查個,呃
Where did I put that?
我放哪兒去了
What's your wife working on?
你妻子做的這是什么
Uh, a spaceship.
一艘太空飛船
For Richard Branson. Virgin Galactic.
維珍太空的理查德·布蘭森
She's designing one of his rockets.
她為他設計一艘火箭
Okay, why did she marry you anyway?
她到底為什么嫁給你
Because of my sense of humor.
因為我的幽默感
Hey, I want clothes on, teeth brushed in five minutes!
五分鐘之內穿好衣服刷完牙
So Childs has me on this last interview Blake gave.
查爾茲要我調查給布萊克最后做的這次談話
What do you mean?
什么意思
I mean, the investigation into Kalinda Sharma.
有關凱琳達·夏爾馬的調查
He gave one last interview about her.
布雷克和他又談了一次
To who? Matan.
誰做的,馬坦
I was supposed to collate all these interview notes of this.
我本該整理好這次談話的全部筆錄
And this is what Matan sent to me.
這是馬坦給我的
It's, uh... it's supposed to be five pages.
這個本該有五頁
Two are missing.
有兩頁不見了
Okay. Happens all the time.
時有發生
He tell you anything about the missing pages?
他跟你說過缺失的筆錄嗎
Did Matan? No. Why?
馬坦嗎,沒有,怎么了
He said he did.
他說他說過
Trying to catch me in a lie, good buddy?
你是在對我測謊嗎,兄弟
Are you still protecting your friend Kalinda, good buddy?
你還是要護著你的朋友凱琳達嗎,兄弟
It was my understanding the investigation was over.
據我所知那個調查已經結束了
The investigation's never over.
調查永遠不會結束
Mr. Childs, it's Andrew Wiley.
查爾茲先生,我是安德魯·懷利
Yeah, hold on. Let me put you on speaker.
是的,別掛,我開免提
Okay, uh, Mr. Childs, you're on.
查爾茲先生,請講
I'm here with Cary.
凱里也在這兒
Look, Cary, the department is divided,
凱里,辦公室里現在內部分化
so I need you two to find out
所以我需要你們倆查明
what's going on with these missing notes.
那些缺失筆錄是怎么回事
I think Matan is playing politics here,
我覺得馬坦在玩政治把戲
trying to pad his resume for whoever takes over.
想看誰會接任好見風使舵
You want us to interview Matan?
要我們跟馬坦當面談嗎
No, he'll say it's just a mistake.
不,他會說這只是個失誤
I want you to find out what's in those missing notes.
我要你找出缺失筆錄的內容
Cary?
凱里
Uh, yeah?
我在呢
Why did Matan say he talked to you about these missing pages?
為什么馬坦說他和你說過這些丟失文件的內容
I have no idea.
我不知道
Okay, find me these two pages so we can wrap this up.
好吧,給我找出這兩頁丟失的文件好結案
Hello. Oh, hi.
你好,你好啊
Did you see Will?
你見過威爾了嗎
No.
沒有
Oh... do you want to?
你想見嗎
No, I... My sister is staying with me.
不用了,我姐姐住在我家
I just needed to get out of the house.
我只是想出來透透風
My sister used to date Will.
我姐姐與威爾談過戀愛
Yes, I know.
這我知道
She was talking about Will breaking up with her,
她一直和我說威爾傷透了她的心
and the reason he broke up with her,
和他分手的原因
and... the-the person
是因為一個人
he broke up with her for, it's you, isn't it?
是因為你而分手的,對吧
Yes.
是的
Oh!
果然如此
I'm married.
我是有夫之婦
I've moved on; Will has moved on.
我都已經放下了,威爾也是
We were kids.
我們當時太年輕
We're not kids anymore.
可現在不是了
I don't know; Will still is.
這我倒不同意,威爾還是
No.
不是
He isn't.
他才不是
He thinks he is.
他只是以為他還是而已
Sorry, I'm late.
抱歉,我要遲到了
I got it from Haver Associates.
我從哈沃公司那里搞來的
The H.R. Consultants. Yep.
人力資源顧問公司,沒錯
"In addition to restructuring 20% of human resources..."
除了重組20%的人力資源之外
Meaning firing two out of every ten employees.
意思每十個人中解雇兩人
...they said that Palmieri could recognize "Significant savings
他們說,如果恰當數量的的員工
"If a meaningful percentage of labor
能主動請辭
could be induced to resign,
而非被辭退
rather than being terminated."
帕梅里能極大地節省開支
Meaning make people so miserable they'll quit,
就是讓人們感到不快,他們會主動請辭
and you'll save a bundle in severance.
這樣能省下一大筆解雇金
They did it intentionally.
他們故意這么做的
That's the smoking gun.
這可是確鑿的證據
They deliberately created a hostile work environment
他們故意制造一個充滿敵意的工作環境
to get people to quit.
好讓人們主動請辭
Well, with this, we can get the hanging video back in.
要是這樣,我們就能讓錄像重新呈堂
We can show that their conduct
我們能讓證明領導的行為
was designed to make him depressed.
是有意讓他消沉的
We can do more than that.
不止能這樣
It's an intentional tort.
這可是故意的民事侵權行為
That opens 'em up to punitive damages.
這就可以向他們索取懲罰性的損失賠償
They made three people kill themselves.
他們導致了三個人自殺身亡
So... we'll make them pay for it.
我們一定要讓他們為此付出代價
Is there anybody here
在座有人認為
who thinks Marty is good at his job?
馬蒂能勝任他的工作嗎
Huh? Anybody?
有人嗎
Aw, come on, there must be somebody.
別不敢說,肯定有人這么認為
Madelyn?
麥德林
That's quite a performance, Ms. Palmieri.
演的可真好啊,帕梅里女士
I admit, I can be passionate.
我承認,我有點太過頭了
But as CEO, I'm responsible.
可作為一名行政總裁,這是我應做的
Do you recognize this document?
你認得出這文件嗎
Uh, yes, it's part of a consulting report we commissioned.
是的,這是我們委托的一份咨詢報告
Can you read...
你能幫我們讀下
that paragraph for us, Ms. Palmieri?
這一段嗎,帕梅里女士
"In addition to restructuring 20% of human resources,
除了重組20%的人力資源外
"Significant savings could be realized
如果恰當數量的的員工能主動請辭
"If a meaniful percentr could be induced to resign,
而非被辭退的話
rather than being terminated."
可以節省巨大開支
If you got people to quit instead of firing them,
要是你能讓人們主動請辭而不是解雇他們
you'd save money.
你將省下一大筆開銷
No severance package, no benefits-- is that it?
沒有解雇補償費,沒有補貼,是嗎
It was one strategy that was suggested by the outside consultancy
這只是一個咨詢公司提供的一個策略
we didn't follow it.
可我們并沒有執行
Did you know that six hours after your... motivational meeting,
那你知道在你召開動員大會之后6小時
Martin Joyce committed suicide?
馬丁·喬伊斯就自殺了嗎
I did know that.
我知道
No further questions.
沒有其他問題了
Ms. Palmieri,
帕梅里女士
your management style, it's a bit, uh...
你的管理風格有點...
"Confrontational," I think is what you said.
用你的話說就是,太激進了
It can be, yes.
沒錯,就是這樣
And in your experience, is that is that unusual? No.
以你經驗看來,這正常嗎,很正常
Times are tough.
最近日子很不好過
Employers face severe financial restrictions.
我們面臨嚴重的金融危機
So there's reason for your being confrontational?
所以你之所以如此激進是有原因的?
Yes. If we don't squeeze every drop
是的,如果我們不用盡
of productivity from our employees,
我們每個員工的才能
we'll be forced to ship their jobs overseas,
我們將被迫將他們的工作外包給
where labor costs are considerably cheaper.
那些勞務費更低的地方
So you were trying to keep jobs in America.
這么說,你是試圖把工作機會留給美國人
Yes, I was.
是的,沒錯
Can I help you?
有什么事嗎
You're being investigated.
你被調查了
By?
被誰
Andrew Wiley.
安德魯·懷利
He noticed two pages of notes
他發現你與布萊克談話的
were missing from your interview with Blake.
報告缺了兩頁
Childs thinks you're hiding something criminal,
查爾茲認為你在為凱琳達隱瞞
something Blake told you about Kalinda.
某些布萊克告訴你的犯罪事實
It's not criminal.
不是犯罪事實
It's personal.
是個人隱私
Okay.
好吧
Personal to-to who, to Kalinda?
誰的個人隱私,凱琳達?
Since when do you care about protecting Kalinda?
你什么時候開始護著凱琳達了
I don't. I care about protecting this office.
我才不管她呢,我關心的是整個部門的榮譽
What does Kalinda have to do with this office?
凱琳達和整個部門有什么關系
Not the current inhabitant of this office.
可不是現在的這些班底
Kalinda and Peter Florrick?
凱琳達和彼得·福瑞克?
It's got nothing to do with Childs.
和查爾茲沒有關系
But if he gets ahold of it, it's scorched earth.
要是他抓住了這個把柄,肯定會作最后一搏的
They had an affair?
他們有奸情?
A one-nighter.
一夜情
Back when Kalinda worked here.
那還是在凱琳達在這工作之時
Blake had details, verifiable ones.
布萊克有詳細資料,確鑿的證據
Florrick will do anything to cover it up.
福瑞克會盡一切努力掩蓋它
He promised to keep me in this job.
他答應我會保住我的飯碗
I need to tell Wiley it's not criminal,
我需要告訴懷利,這不是犯罪事實
but the problem is, is that he may go to Childs with it anyway.
可問題是,他會不告訴查爾茲嗎
So what do you suggest we do?
那你認為我們該怎么做
Mrs. Florrick? Excuse me. Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克夫人,麻煩讓一下,福瑞克夫人
This is kind of awkward--
這說起來有點尷尬
my, uh, my driver went home sick,
可我的司機臥病在家
and I was wondering if I could trouble...
是否能麻煩您
See, this is what I love about Chicago.
我就喜歡芝加哥這一點
It's a real community.
社區非常和諧
People helping each other out.
人們互幫互助
Your driver isn't really sick, is he, Mr. Canning?
你的司機沒生病吧,坎寧先生
Mrs. Florrick, there's got to be a word for people
福瑞克夫人,有個詞專門用來形容
who are always finding hidden motives in things.
這種總是試著挖掘陰暗動機的人
Right?
正確?
I want you to come and work for me.
我希望你能來為我工作
My new law firm.
我的新律所
Fast-track to full partnership,
你很快就能成為正式合伙人
percentage of plaintiffs' contingency fees.
從原告的風險代理費中獲得一定比例的分紅
Why would you do that?
你為什么要邀請我
Because you beat me in court last time.
因為你上次在法庭上擊敗了我
No. Will and Diane beat you.
不是我,是威爾和戴安擊敗了你
Well, you're cheaper.
你的要價低一些
Probably doesn't hurt that my husband's going to be Stats Attorney.
我的丈夫就要成為州檢察官了,這就更好了吧
No, you're right, that doesn't hurt.
沒錯,的確更好了
I don't think we're a good fit, Mr. Canning.
我覺得我們合不來,坎寧先生
But thank you.
不過還是謝謝
Do you know the sign of an immature person?
你知道不成熟的人有個什么特點嗎
When they can't distinguish
他們沒法
between morality at home and morality at work.
把工作道德和家庭道德區分開
Oh, is that... is that me, now?
你說的是我嗎
I do what I need to do at work to win.
我在工作上不擇手段只求勝利
I go home, I cuddle with my wife,
回家后,我會和妻子擁抱
I cuddle with my kids,
和孩子擁抱
and I tell them pretty storiesabout heroism and Heaven.
給他們講英雄和天堂的美妙故事
And what do I do? You go home and feel bad about it.
而我呢,你帶著一肚子負罪感回家
Oh, this is me.
我到家了
Thank you.
謝謝你
It's a good job offer.
工作的待遇很優厚
Twice what you're making now.
報酬是你現在工作的兩倍
Think about it.
考慮下
You look deep in thought.
你在沉思啊
I was.
剛才在
You must be very happy.
你一定很高興
Yes. Except for the DCC trying to kill us 'cause they're a bunch of idiots.
是的,只是民主黨委員會的白癡快把我們弄死了
The residency suit; I saw. Yes, well,
居民身份訴訟,我聽說了,是啊
in the waning days of a campaign the mudslinging can get...
到了競選的末期,揭短行為愈發...
pretty ugly.
下作
Sounds like you're preparing me for something.
似乎你是在讓我做好心理準備
Petra Moritz, the reporter,
那個記者,佩拉·莫里茲
has a rumor.
收到一條謠言
Okay.
好吧
It's completely bogus,
完全是捏造的
but she wants a quote from you.
但她希望你能評論一下
And the rumor?
謠言說的什么
There was another woman in Peter's past.
彼得過去還和另一個女人上過床
I wouldn't drag you into this,
我本不想拖你下水
but unless I can get you on the phone with her,
但是除非我允許她電話采訪你
she's gonna run with it.
她就要發表這消息了
And I know I promised never to ask you, but...
我知道我曾答應絕不來麻煩你,可是...
Peter's so close.
彼得離勝利只有一步之遙
And this kind of rumor, it could ruin us.
這種謠言會毀了我們的
I'll think about it.
我會考慮的
I need to know soon.
盡快給我回音
I'll think about it.
我會考慮的
Nothing further, Your Honor.
沒有問題了,法官大人
Mrs. Joyce...
喬伊斯夫人
first of all, let me just say how sorry I am for your loss.
首先,對您丈夫的去世我感到非常遺憾
I mean, my wife means everything to me.
我的妻子就是我的一切
And I... I can't imagine how you feel.
我無法想象你的感受
Unfortunately, this is a trial, so I have to ask you
遺憾的是,這是一場審判,因此我不得不...
some... tough questions.
問你一些尖銳的問題
Ask away.
問吧
Were you and your husband having marital difficulties?
你和丈夫之間是否存在婚姻危機
We'd had some issues, on and off,
我們的婚姻斷斷續續地有過問題
but we were working through them.
不過他生前我們正努力解決
In fact, you had an affair, is that right?
實際上,你出軌了,是嗎
No. I was unfaithful to my husband once,
不對,我曾有一次對丈夫不忠
on a business trip.
是在出差途中
It was hardly an affair.
算不上出軌
But your husband, he knew?
你的丈夫知道了,對嗎
Your Honor, i think we've ascertained the facts here.
法官大人,我想這些事實我們都已經弄清了
I'm inclined to agree. Mr. Canning.
我同意,坎寧先生
Of course, Your Honor,
好的,法官大人
I'm just trying to establish
我只是試著證明
that there could've been alternative causes
馬丁·喬伊斯的自殺
for Martin Joyce's suicide.
可能有多種原因
My husband was depressed
我丈夫在公司受到了不良待遇
because of how they treated him at his job.
因此感到抑郁才自殺的
But he was depressed.
他本來就抑郁
Did he seek treatment?
他有尋求治療嗎
Yes. He saw our doctor and a therapist.
是的,他去看了我們的醫生和一個心理專家
And did those doctors prescribe any medications?
這些醫生給他開了什么藥嗎
He prescribed a number of drugs.
醫生給他開了很多藥
Escitalopram, uh, Bupropion.
依他普侖,安非他酮
None of them seemed to help.
似乎都沒作用
What about Elvatyl?
他有服用艾哇泰嗎
Did he prescribe a drug called Elvatyl?
醫生有沒有給他開艾哇泰
Yes.
有
Mrs. Joyce, are you aware of the side effects of Elvatyl?
喬伊斯夫人,您了解艾哇泰的副作用嗎
Objection, Your Honor.
反對,法官大人
Okay, deep breath.
好的,深吸一口氣平靜下
This is a complete conflict of interest, Your Honor.
這是嚴重的利害沖突,法官大人
Mr. Canning defended the makers of Elvatyl
就在去年,坎寧先生代表艾哇泰的制造者
just last year in a lawsuit against us.
和我們對簿公堂
And now he intends to pin Mr. Joyce's suicide
而現在他想把喬伊斯先生的死
on the side effects of his former client's product?
歸咎于他之前客戶產品的副作用?
Actually, that company no longer exists, Your Honor.
法官大人,這家公司實際上已經不存在了
The rights to the name Elvatyl were sold to a new company,
艾哇泰這個商標已經賣給了一家新公司
and I owe them no duty.
我對他們并不負有責任
And what evidence do you intend to present? Uh...
你想提交什么證據
It's a video showing how
是一段視頻
Elvatyl results in violent and suicidal behavior.
能證明艾哇泰會導致暴力和自殺行為
Now, as you'll see...
如您所見
Your Honor, last year we
法官大人,就在去年
had exactly the same... We had this very...
我們用的就是這段視頻
Okay, okay, one at a time.
好,好,一個一個說
This is our exhibit, Your Honor.
這是我們的證物,法官大人
We used it last year
去年我們控告坎寧先生的當事人時
in a lawsuit against Mr. Canning's client.
用的正是這段視頻
That's why they should have no objection to me using it
正是如此,他們對我使用這段視頻不該有異議
for the same purpose,
我要證明的是同一點
to show that Elvatyl causes suicidal thoughts.
就是艾哇泰會導致自殺的想法
This is outrageous, Your Honor.
這太過分了,法官大人
My goodness.
天啊
They're really going at it, aren't they?
它們還真是狂暴,不是嗎
Look, I got another hour here.
我又有工作要做了
I just want to talk, that's all.
我只是想談談
So give me a call when you get this.
收到這段信息的話請給打我電話
We still have the other two employees who committed suicide
我們還有兩個自殺的員工
who weren't taking Elvatyl.
他們沒有服用艾哇泰
It's odd about Stern, isn't it?
斯特恩的事真夠離奇,不是嗎
It was so sudden.
太突然了
Yeah. I saw him the day before.
是啊,就前一天我還看見他來著
He seemed normal.
他看起來很正常
Tammy?
塔米嗎
Yes.
對
She talked to me the other day.
那天才和她聊過
Here.
就在這里
Her sister told her I was the reason you broke up with her.
她姐姐跟她說你和她分手是為了我
I told Tammy
我告訴塔米
there was nothing anymore.
我們之間已經沒有什么了
Whatever was between us back then.
不管以前有什么糾葛
Thank you. It's complicated.
謝謝你,這很復雜
I know.
我懂
Everything is.
所有事都一樣
Okay, who's Karen?
凱倫是誰
Karen who?
哪個凱倫
Is there anybody here
這里有人
who thinks Marty is good at his job?
認為馬蒂工作干的很棒嗎
Huh? Anybody?
有嗎
Oh, come on, there must be somebody. Madelyn?
拜托,總有人支持他吧,麥德林
Phil? What about you, Karen?
菲爾,你呢,凱倫
The other names joined our class action.
提到的另外兩人都參與了集體訴訟
Who's Karen?
凱倫是誰
Karen Jennings.
凱倫·詹寧斯
She worked in the benefits department,
她是公司福利部的
and she was a friend of Martin Joyce's.
也是馬丁·喬伊斯的朋友
She didn't want to join the class.
她不愿加入集體訴訟
Why not?
為何不呢
Thank you.
謝謝
Five minutes.
就五分鐘
The key with Petra is to keep cool.
對付佩拉得保持冷靜才行
She'll try to get a rise out of you.
她會想方設法讓你情緒激動
Petra.
佩拉
Yes, Ms. Moritz, it's Alicia Florrick.
莫里茲女士,我是艾麗西婭·福瑞克
Ah, right on time. I appreciate that.
很準時,非常感謝
I'm here, too, Petra.
我也聽著呢,佩拉
You have five minutes.
你有五分鐘時間
Oh, Eli. Like a guardian angel.
伊萊,你可真是個守護神
I better get started, then.
那趕緊進入正題吧
So, Mrs. Florrick, your husband cheated on you
福瑞克夫人,你丈夫此前背叛過你
with a prostitute named Amber Madison.
與一名名叫安貝兒·麥迪遜的妓女私通
Are you aware of any other infidelities?
除此之外還有其他私通事件嗎
No.
沒
Specifically someone from his past.
尤其是與他過去相交的人
Maybe someone that he worked with,
有沒有某個工作同僚
or someone you both knew socially?
或者你們在社交場合共同認識的人
No.
沒有
Because you're aware that a source has approached me
請你明白我現已得到一個
with what are claimed to be substantiated
確切的消息表明
allegations of sexual conduct?
還有其他類似事件的存在
Mr. Gold informed me of this.
這點戈德先生已經告訴我了
I think the closer we get to an election,
我認為越是大選將近的時候
the more the rumor-mongering turns less into a sport
造謠這種事就越發偏離本性
and more into a strategy.
而成為一種策略
Uh... tell me what you mean by that.
請解釋下你這句話的意思
Voters are often moved by last-minute rumors
臨近選期的謠言總能讓選民在最后一刻改選
because there is no adequate time to refute them,
因為沒有足夠的時間來證實謠言的真實性
and so that's why they become part of a strategy
正因如此,這種攻擊對手的手段
to hurt your opponent.
已成為競選策略的一部分
So, you believe that Wendy Scott-Carr
也就是說你覺得幕后黑手是
is behind these rumors?
溫迪·斯科特卡爾咯
No.
不
I think there are people who want to hurt both candidates.
我認為有人想同時攻擊兩個候選人
So, your husband has sworn to you
那么,你丈夫對你發誓
that there was only the prostitute?
只有那個妓女是嗎
I won't discuss personal conversations.
我不想談論私人對話
That sounds like you're saying no.
貌似你的答案是否定的
No, that's saying that what my husband and I discuss
不,我的意思是我與我丈夫的對話
is not your business.
與你無關
Because there's a private sphere and a public sphere?
是說這種東西分私人的和公開性的嗎
Yes. And
對,那么
if your husband abused his office by sleeping with a coworker,
如果你的丈夫褻瀆公職,與同事私通
and he lied to the people closest to him--
并就此事對他的親人撒謊
his wife and his children,
他的妻子,孩子
do you think the electorate should trust him?
這樣的話選民還應相信他嗎
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克夫人
So...
那么
let me ask you one last question.
我問最后一個問題
Did you have an AIDS test?
你去做過艾滋測試嗎
How dare you, Petra! Go to hell!
你好大膽子,佩拉,去死吧
So keep my cool, huh?
保持冷靜,對吧
Yeah, I-I don't always follow my own advice.
我有時也不按自己的規矩來
What are you doing here?
你在這干嘛呢
My job. You?
干活唄,你呢
I'm following you.
我在跟蹤你
Look... Wiley knows.
聽著,懷利知道了
He knows something's missing from Matan's interview with Blake,
他發現馬坦對布萊克的詢問記錄不完整
and I know Andrew Wiley.
我了解安德魯·懷利
He's not gonna stop until he finds out what it is.
他不查個水落石出是不會善罷甘休的
So, I talked to Matan again.
所以我又找馬坦談了一次
He's sitting on it.
他仍然按兵不動
As long as Peter wins, he'll keep quiet.
只要彼得當選,他會一直保持沉默
It's Wiley you have to worry about.
懷利才是你需要擔心的
Why did you just say that?
你剛說的是什么意思
What?
什么
"As long as Peter wins."
只要彼得當選
You know.
你知道了
Why didn't you just tell Alicia?
你干嘛不直接和艾麗西婭坦白
If you just would have been upfront with her,
只要你對她實話實說,老實交代
none of this would matter. Cary.
其他的都不重要,凱里
Or is that why you became friends with her in the first place?
還是說就因為這事你才主動和她當朋友的
So, uh, Martin was a friend of yours?
馬丁和你是朋友吧
Work friends, you know.
單位里的朋友,你懂的
Were you aware that he was taking anti-depressants?
你知道他在服用抗抑郁藥物嗎
You know, the defense have suggested
被告方提出
that he might have had a reaction
他的死亡有可能是
to his last medication.
他最后服用的藥物導致的
You mean the Elvatyl?
你是指艾哇泰嗎
Yeah.
對
I-I don't see how. He never took it.
這不可能,他沒服過那藥
He...? How-How do you know?
他...你怎么知道的
When he told me he was going on it,
他告訴我他要吃那個藥時
I gave him articles on the side effects.
我給他看了一些關于副作用的文章
He got scared.
他被嚇壞了
Ms. Jennings, we're gonna need you to testify.
詹寧斯女士,我們需要你出庭作證
I don't want to get involved.
我不想趟這攤渾水
Where do you work now? Where?
你現在在哪兒工作,哪里
Yeah. Company fired you a year ago,
公司在一年以前炒了你
so did you manage to find a new job?
后來你找到新工作了嗎
That's none of your business.
這跟你無關
I was just wondering
我只是好奇
how you afforded the new Mercedes in your driveway.
你怎么買得起屋外那輛新奔馳呢
They looted the pension fund.
他們私吞養老基金
The executives-- 35 million.
公司管理人員,吞了3千5百萬
That's why they were so desperate to shed workers.
所以他們才那么急切地想擺脫員工
It wasn't to keep jobs from being sent overseas.
才不是什么要防止工作外包
They needed to cut expenses
他們要裁剪開支
so they could use their funds to cover the shortfall.
好用他們所剩無幾的基金去彌補虧空
How do you know this? Karen Jennings.
你怎么知道的,凱倫·詹寧斯
She uncovered the fraud
她在公司福利部門工作的時候
when she was working in the benefits department.
發現了養老金詐騙
She went to Kim Palmieri with it.
她去找金·帕梅里攤牌
And Palmieri bought her off?
然后帕梅里把她收買了?
It's criminal fraud.
這是刑事欺詐
Maybe even a RICO case.
甚至可能涉及到詐騙操縱和賄賂組織
Yeah, but it doesn't help us.
是,但對我們并非利好消息
Once it goes public,
一旦事件公諸于眾
sure, the executives will go to jail, but...
公司管理人員肯定是要蹲監獄,不過...
The Feds seize the company's assets.
聯邦調查局會凍結公司資產
Yes. Oh, that's perfect.
是的,簡直棒極了
We're sitting on knowledge of a massive fraud,
明明獲悉了對方涉嫌巨額欺詐
and we can't do anything about it
我們卻依然束手無策
because we need the company to stay viable.
因為我們得讓這公司存活下去
Maybe we can do something with it.
或許咱們還是可以有所做為的
All rise.
全體起立
I... seem to have misplaced my gavel.
我...不知道把木槌放哪兒了
Uh, I hope that doesn't undercut my authority here.
希望這沒有降低我的威信
Court is now in session.
現在開庭
Do you have any more witnesses, Mr. Gardner?
你還有其他證人嗎,加德納先生
Yes, Your Honor.
有的,法官閣下
The Plaintiffs call Karen Jennings to the stand.
原告要求凱倫·詹寧斯出庭作證
Uh, Your Honor,
法官閣下
this witness was not on the Plaintiffs' witness list.
原告提供的證人名單上沒有這名證人
Not by name, Your Honor, but we specifically
沒有具其姓名,法官閣下,但是
reserved the right to call any former company employees,
我們特別保留了傳召任何公司前雇員的權利
and Your Honor does like to err on the side of admitting evidence.
相信法官閣下也愿意盡量多地采納證據
Uh, yes, I do.
是的,我愿意
I also like to be unpredictable.
我也很喜歡出人意料
And yet here I find myself the height of predictability.
但是這會兒我發現自己很容易被看穿
Uh, I will allow.
我批準
Your Honor, we'd like to ask for a recess at this time.
法官閣下,我們申請暫時休庭
Oh, I think it can wait until
我認為你們可以等到
it's your turn for a cross-examine, Mr. Canning.
你方的交叉盤問階段再提出申請,坎寧先生
Your Honor...
法官閣下...
...we'd like to ask for a recess to confer with opposing counsel.
我們申請暫時休庭,以便與對方律師協商
Looks like the rocket ship's coming along.
看來火箭飛船進展不小啊
Yeah. So, what's up?
是啊,你那怎么樣了
Talked to Matan.
我跟馬坦談了
He stonewalled me, too, but,
他還是跟我打太極,但是
uh, I think I-I know what he's after.
我想我知道他在隱瞞什么了
I'm just asking you to show a little discretion.
我提醒你還是謹慎些
With?
關于?
It's not what you think.
事情不是你想的那樣
It's-It's personal. It's not criminal.
只是私事,不是刑事
But Childs will use it.
但是對查爾茲很有用
Why are you protecting her, Cary?
你為什么要保護她,凱里
I'm-I'm not protecting her.
我沒在保護她啊
You went to see her after you talked to Matan.
你跟馬坦談完話立刻去找她了
What, are you following me?
什么,你跟蹤我?
I'm doing my job.
我盡職工作而已
Just wondering why you're not doing yours.
我只是奇怪你為什么沒有盡職
The company executives were looting the pension fund.
公司管理人員私吞養老金
Well, if that's true, it's a problem.
如果真是這樣,那確實很麻煩
But it's also a problem for you.
但是對你們來說也是麻煩呢
You can't go to the authorities with it,
你們不能向當局告發此事
not unless you want to kiss your settlement good-bye.
否則你們的和解協議就黃了
Oh, we're talking settlement now?
我們在討論和解協議了嗎
It depends on the number.
這要看你們的要價
Without admitting anything,
這樣說不代表承認任何事
it's gonna be hard for the company to afford much
不過如果公司沒法彌補這所謂的詐騙虧空
without running out of money to pay back the alleged fraud.
那么賠償金額也不可能有多少
Yes. Which is why Kim Palmieri is going to make up the difference,
是的,所以金·帕梅里才得努力彌補差額
Mr. Canning, personally.
坎寧先生,她得自掏腰包
Why would she do that?
她為什么要這樣
Because Karen Jennings
因為凱倫·詹寧斯
kept a record of every executive who took part in the fraud,
記錄下了參與欺詐的管理人員名單
and Kim Palmieri's name is on that list.
金·帕梅里也榜上有名
So either she ponies up,
所以,她要么付錢
or we'll see how the U.S. Attorney reacts.
要么,我們就來看看聯邦檢察官怎么說
My guess is he'll start by freezing the company assets,
我猜,他會先凍結公司資產
and then he'll move on to hers.
然后凍結她個人資產
Double the salary.
雙倍工資
You deserve it.
你應得的
I'm happy, but thank you.
我很榮幸,總之謝謝你
Hey, get on. We'll talk about it on the way down.
上來吧,我們可以在電梯里接著談
No, but again, thank you.
不了,但還是謝謝你
I don't bite.
我又不咬人
Actually, I think you do.
說真的,我覺得你會咬的
Look, this isn't about your husband.
聽著,這跟你丈夫無關
I think you're a good lawyer.
我覺得你是名好律師
I also think you're this close to being a great lawyer,
我甚至認為你離偉大律師就只差這么一點點
and Lockhart& Gardner is not gonna get you there.
而這家律所幫不了你
They encourage weakness.
他們助長你的缺點
And yet, we've beaten you again.
可是,我們又打敗了你
Do I look beaten?
我像被打敗的樣子嗎
You called?
你打我電話了?
You forgot your glasses.
你眼鏡落這兒了
I won a case,
我贏了樁案子
and I realized
但卻發現
I didn't have anyone to call.
我不知道打給誰去分享喜悅
Who do you usually call when you win a case?
一般你贏了案子都打給誰
No one.
沒人
Okay. Is this... Is this going somewhere?
好吧,這是...這是在暗示什么嗎
A lawyer I know died a few days ago,
前幾天,一位我熟識的律師去世了
and it was like he was never here.
他消失得好像從未出現過
Everyone just went back to normal.
人人都一如往常
Death.
死亡
I should sit down for death, right?
我該坐下來聽,對嗎
Don't go to London.
別去倫敦了
I know it's selfish of me to say,
我知道這樣說很自私
but I don't want you to go to London.
但我不想你去倫敦
Maybe you should go to London.
或許你還是該去倫敦
Shut up. Shut up.
別說了,別說了
It's your career.
那是你的事業
So what do we do now?
那我們現在該怎樣
I don't know.
我也不知道