General motors general electric
通用汽車,通用電氣
Lon physics corporation
離子物理公司
Bell telephone laboratories cosmic inc.
貝爾電話實驗室,宇宙公司
Electrooptical systems incorporated
電光系統注冊公司
Texas instruments inc. general dynamics corporation
德州儀器公司,通用動力公司
Hughes aircraft martin marietta
休斯飛機,馬丁馬瑞塔公司
Westinghouse aerojet
西屋公司,噴氣飛機公司
Radio corporation of america
美國無線電公司
Semiconductors and materials division.
半導體和材料部門
Sounds like a hell of a stock portfolio.
聽起來倒像是很強的投資組合
It's everyone who's building a rocket.
對造火箭來說足夠了
Do you know if we stay in beverly hills
你知道嗎,如果我們留在貝佛利山莊
Even though the convention's in santa monica
即使會議是在圣摩尼卡舉行
We'll be halfway to pasadena.
我們到帕薩迪納的路程也過半了
Pasadena?
帕薩迪納
Isn't it just people with T. B?
那兒的人是不是都患有結核病
Jet propulsion laboratories and Ray Bradbury.
噴氣推進實驗室和雷?布雷德伯里(著名作家)
As much as I'd like to indulge
雖然我非常樂意讓你沉迷在
Your twilight zone fantasy of being shot into space...
被發射到太空的朦朧幻想中
Believe me it's our fantasy too.
相信我,這也是我們的幻想
This is a business trip.
但這次是公差
I don't want either of you coming back tan.
我不希望你們借此機會跑去曬日光浴
What if I have to play golf?
如果為了應酬不得不去打高爾夫呢
As long as you lose.
只要你輸球就成
Crab Colson guarantees there will be some astronauts there.
克萊伯?卡爾森保證會有宇航員出席
Really? my nephews would love an autograph.
真的嗎,我侄子們很想要他們的簽名
Astronauts love golf.
宇航員們喜歡高爾夫
I'll see what I can do.
我看看我能不能弄到簽名
You're there to sell but you're also there to listen.
你們是去銷售的,但同時也是去傾聽的
Every scientist engineer and general is trying
每個科學家,工程師,軍事家都在
To figure out a way to put a man on the moon
想辦法把人送上月球
Or blow up moscow whichever one costs more.
或者去把莫斯科炸了,無論哪個花費更大些
We have to explain to them how we
我們必須向他們解釋
can help them spend that money?
我們如何幫他們花錢達到目的
Well it certainly would behoove us to find out...
這確實很有利于我們發現...
Campbell you do the talking. Kinsey you do the listening.
坎貝爾,你負責說,金西,你負責聽
Don you wanted me to remind them about the congressmen.
唐,你要我提醒他們關于議員的事對吧
We know. they control the purse strings.
我們知道,他們控制著國庫
No. they are the customer.
不對,他們是顧客
They want aerospace in their districts.
他們希望航空航天部門進入他們轄區
Let them know that we can help
你要讓他們知道我們可以幫助他們
Them bring these contracts home.
把那些訂單帶回來
Did you read anything that she prepared?
你們難道沒有讀她準備的材料嗎
Maybe I should send her.
或許我該派她去
You know I'll stay out of your way.
你知道我是不會妨礙你的
Of course.
當然
Lounging at the pool.
當你懶洋洋的躺在泳池邊
They'll think you're a young Barbara Stanwyck.
他們會認為你是年輕版的芭芭拉?斯坦威克(著名影星)
Doesn't that sound like fun?
這聽起來不是很有意思嗎
If you're there it will make me
如果你在那兒,會讓我在同事眼里
Look less serious in the office.
顯得輕浮和不務正業
Next time.
下次吧
It's a week sweety.
只有一個禮拜,親愛的
I suppose I can go to my parents' place in rehoboth.
我想我還是去我爸媽在瑞和柏斯的家吧
Now you're making me feel bad.
你這話讓我很不舒服
Is that the only alternative?
除了這個,你就不能做其他事嗎
They keep asking to spend time with me.
他們不停的念叨想和我多在一起
Well us.
準確地說,是我們
They're concerned.
他們很關心
About what?
關心什么
Nothing's happening.
那件事一直沒有任何起色
Why do you insist on making me angry before I go to bed?
為什么每次我上床前你都要惹火我
There are some very reputable agencies.
有些信譽非常好的機構
We can't even talk about this?
難道我們現在連談談也不可以了嗎
Do I have to put my foot down?
你非要逼著我給你臉色看嗎
What's wrong with it?
到底有什么問題呢
It's someone else's child.
那是別人的孩子
Once you see a beautiful little baby you'll fall in love.
一旦你看到漂亮的寶寶,你會立刻愛上他的
You know you will.
你知道你會的
It's not natural.
這不合常理
I felt that way.
我以前也這么想
But it changed.
但現在這想法改變了
We would have our pick.
我們可以自己選擇
We are ideal candidates.
我們是最理想的領養父母
We have means and we've been to doctors
我們有收入,我們還找過醫生
So it's on the record that it's something
所以大家都非常清楚這么久以來
we've been wanting for a long time.
我們是多么迫切地想要個孩子
Do your parents just think I say no to everything?
你父母是不是覺得我總是拒絕他們
We're not related by blood and you love me.
我們不是因血緣而結合的,可你依然愛我
Hello.
喂,
It's me.
是我
What time is it?
現在幾點了
10:00. are you sleeping?
十點了,你睡著了嗎,
No.
沒有
William called.
威廉打電話來了
My father had a stroke.
我爸爸中風了
Jesus.
天啊
Three days ago.
是三天前的事了
Gloria didn't even call me. she had William call.
歌莉亞甚至不打電話給我,她讓威廉打的
Is it bad?
很嚴重嗎
She said he's up and around talking
她說他可以起來走動和說話
But she wouldn't put him on the phone.
但她不讓他接電話
I'm coming to get you.
我現在過來接你
No.
不用
Bets it's not up for discussion.
貝蒂,這沒得商量
Take the kids to Francine.
把孩子們送到弗朗辛那里
I don't want to wake them.
我不想把他們吵醒
Fine.
好吧
I'll be by in the morning.
我明早過來
God.
天啊
You know I've been dreaming about a suitcase?
你知道嗎,我一直夢見一個箱子
Everything's gonna be okay.
一切都會好起來的
Sure.
是的
Everything's perfect.
一切都好極了
I'll be by at 8.
我8點鐘到
Byebye.
再見
Hello Betty.
你好,貝蒂
Hello Gloria.
你好,歌莉亞
Hello Don.
你好,唐
Look at the two of you.
看看你們這一對
I swear to you the doctors say it's not serious.
我向你發誓,醫生說并不嚴重
We can get a room down the road at the William Penn.
我們會在街尾的威廉?佩恩賓館找個房間
Nonsense.
說什么呢
Where is he? can I see him?
他在哪兒,我可以見見他嗎
He's getting dressed.
他在換衣服
They said he should do things on his own.
醫生說他該自己做些事
Come sit.
過來坐坐吧
Don't do that.
別開燈
We're supposed to keep it dim.
我們得保持房間昏暗
I don't know why.
我也不知道為什么
Let me check on him.
我去看看他
William. I wasn't expecting you.
威廉,我不知道你會來
Good morning. Look who's here.
早安,看看誰來了,
He doesn't seem that bad.
他看起來還不錯
Don good to see you.
唐,見到你很高興
Sorry about your dad.
對你父親的事我很遺憾
We'll get by right?
我們會挺過去的,對吧
Judy's coming later.
朱蒂晚點會來
She's dropping the girls off at her mother's.
她要把孩子載到她媽媽家
Gloria everything is copacetic.
歌莉亞,一切都好極了
It'll be nice to see her.
很高興能見到她
It's an angel.
我的天使
Hi daddy.
嗨,爸爸
That's what I needed.
這擁抱正是我需要的
Hello Don.
你好,唐
Get that look off your face.
別哭喪著臉啦
Good to see you Gene.
見到你真好,吉恩
I'll take a visit from you two any way I can get it.
只要可以,我都會想辦法見見你們
Where are the munchkins?
小孩子們哪里去了
With a neighbor.
在鄰居家
Pop did you see Don's car?
爸爸,你看見唐的車了嗎
You finally step up to a lincoln?
你終于買了輛林肯嗎
Coupe de ville.
凱迪拉克威樂1968
Iceblue white top.
冰藍色,白頂蓬
Very nice.
好極了
How you feeling daddy?
你感覺如何,爸爸
It's a tempest in a teapot.
這真是小題大做
You should've seen her in the ambulance.
你真該看看她在救護車里的樣子
Well we were halfway to the hospital
我們在去醫院的半路上
Before I noticed I was in my nightie.
我才發現自己還穿著睡衣
A woman my age should not travel that way.
我這個年紀的女人不該就那樣出門的
I wish you'd called earlier.
你應該早點通知我們
The other partners at Don's firm know all kinds of doctors.
唐公司里的同事認識各科的醫生
In New york right where everything's better.
在紐約,什么東西都比這里好的
Always with her brow in a knit my Ruthie here.
我的魯西,老是皺著眉頭呢
Ruthie my love have you offered everybody coffee?
魯西,親愛的,你給大家泡咖啡了嗎?
I'm Betty.
我是貝蒂
Of course you are.
當然了
Gene this is Betty your daughter.
吉恩,這是貝蒂,是你的女兒
It's not Ruth. Ruth is dead.
她不是魯西,魯西已經死了
Nobody wants coffee daddy.
沒人要喝咖啡,爸爸
Don you were able to get off work?
唐,你今天不用上班嗎
I'm here.
是的
You want a drink? I'll get some ice.
你要喝一杯嗎,我來加些冰塊,
What did the doctors say?
醫生怎么說的
It's just like last time.
和上一次差不多
What?
什么
Last time? This happened before?
上一次,之前發生過嗎
Don't get mad at her. It's a couple little strokes.
別怪她,只是兩次小中風而已
Runs in the family.
家族遺傳
You know Gene.
你知道的,吉恩
Always has to be the one taking care of things.
都是因為操心的事太多了
So Don how did you come?
對了,唐,你們怎么過來的
Did you take the turnpike?
走的是收費公路嗎
Yes.
是的
Look at this. It's my lunch date.
看,我的午餐伴侶來了
Hello baby. You're early.
你好,寶貝,來的真早
You remember Ken and Pete?
你還記得肯和皮特嗎
Hello Sheila.
你好,希拉
Want to get in a few more meals before
是想在他去金色西岸之前
You lose him to the Golden West?
再和他好好吃幾頓飯嗎
What are you talking about?
你們在說什么
We're going to Los Angeles together.
我們要一起去洛杉磯
It's horrible but somebody has to go.
挺可怕的,不過總得有人去
Where?
哪里
Californla.
加利福尼亞
Thank you Pete.
謝謝你,皮特
Come on Campbell.
走吧,坎貝爾
Time to put something else in that mouth.
是時候去吃點東西了
Nice to see you.
很高興見到你
I was going to tell you at lunch.
我原打算在午飯時告訴你的
Why are you going to Los Angeles?
你們為什么要去洛杉磯
Come on. Not here.
跟我來,換個地方說話
It just came up.
這是剛剛才做的決定
The election's not for months.
離選舉還有幾個月呢
We can register voters in October.
我們可以在10月再登記選民
It has nothing to do with the election.
這和選舉沒什么關系
You know that.
你知道的
If you don't mind
如果你不介意
I'd rather face Mississippi and those people screaming at me
從加州回來后我將去密西西比州
And maybe getting shot after I go to California.
到時我可能會被選民們申討甚至槍殺
Are you scared?
你害怕了嗎
Don't pretend like it's not scary.
別假裝這一點都不可怕
Look I have to go.
聽著,我必須要去
Why? What is so important?
為什么,什么事那么重要
It's a convention.
是個重要會議
I'm not allowed to talk about it.
我不能告訴你
Hello Mr. Kinsey.
你好,金西先生
Please Hollis. It's paul.
拜托,霍利斯,叫我保羅
This is Sheila my girlfriend.
這是希拉,我的女朋友
Nice to meet you.
很高興見到你
Did you ever really plan on going down south?
你是否早就有計劃要去南方
How could you ask that?
你怎么能這么問
This just came up.
都說了是剛剛才決定的
You can always get another job at a grocery store.
你可以輕易找到一份在雜貨店的工作
I can't just walk into an ad agency.
廣告公司可不是那么好進的
I can't believe you.
我真不敢相信
All you do is complain about that place and those people.
你總是在抱怨這個抱怨那個的
That's not true.
不是這樣的
Well I'm going.
好了,那我一個人走
I guess I'll just hop in Billy Kaplan's bus
我想我會跳上比利'卡普蘭的車
with ten strangers
和10個陌生人擠擠
Why can't it wait?
為什么不能等等呢
street.
第19街道,19th
This was all supposed to be ours.
這些全都應該屬于我們
I keep thinking what would have happened if dad had lived.
我在想如果父親還活著會怎樣呢
He'd be on his knees to us.
他會跪下來求我們的
What about all that money dad gave to Lincoln Center?
爸爸給林肯中心的那些錢呢
Get that back.
再收回來
You can't take a donation back.
你不能把捐出去的錢要回來
Listen I'm as upset as you are.
聽著,我和你一樣懊惱
We're about to finally buy in Millbrook.
我們最終將在米爾布魯克上市
How long can she afford to live?
她還能活多久
By Golly Pete maybe we can get rid of her tonight.
老天幫忙的話,皮特,今晚就能除掉她
Remember rope?
還記得我們構想的用繩子行兇的事嗎
Well look all we have to do is go over there get her signature
很好,我們只要去那里拿到她的簽字
Mourn over the loss of our birthright
順便悼念下我們失去的長子繼承權
and move on.
然后過我們的快活日子
I hate going there.
我討厭去那里
The smell.
味道非常難聞
To the end of the line.
為一切的終結干杯
Does Judy want kids?
朱迪有想要孩子嗎
We have a fiveyear plan.
我們打算五年內生孩子
Although secretly I think judy hopes
不過我私下認為她
We're that childless couple people invite over.
不想要小孩
Trudy?
特魯迪呢
We've tried.
我們努力過了
That must be disappointing.
這還真讓人失望
Adoption.
決定收養一個
People do that.
很多人都這么做
They do.
是的
So the Yankees are having a hell of a year.
楊基隊今年表現非常強勁
Do you take Bobby?
你有帶博比去看嗎
All the time.
經常去
We really thought you were going to make it to Cape May.
我們都以為你會去開普梅(旅游勝地)
Although without Betty there
貝蒂不在的話
Everyone had a turn at winning.
我們每個人都有機會贏
Elizabeth's got a mind for cards.
伊麗莎白很會玩牌啊
Where were you?
你剛剛去哪兒了
I was hiding in the tree house.
我躲在樹屋里了
It's like a tomb in there.
那里簡直像個墳墓
I don't know how Don's standing it.
無法想象唐怎么呆的下去
Is this the last picture of her in the house?
這是她在這個家里的最后一張照片嗎
I don't know.
我不知道
And where's the ottoman with the birds?
還有那個《土耳其人與鳥》的畫像在哪
I don't know Betty.
我不知道,貝蒂
I mean can you blame her?
我是說,這能怪她嗎
I wouldn't want to live with mom's ghost.
我可不想和媽媽的鬼魂住在一起(指遺物)
She's a silly woman.
她是個蠢女人
All that talk about her underthings.
一直在談論她的內衣
Daddy used to fine us for small talk remember?
爸爸教過我們談話的技巧,記得嗎
Conversation is an art.
談話是門藝術
Well it is.
確實如此
How long has he been like this?
他這樣多久了
He was acting queer on the golf course last month.
上個月在高爾夫球場就有些不對勁
Let one of the colored caddies really have it.
無故讓一個黑人球僮受了不少罪
Look Gloria's helping us.
聽著,歌莉亞是在幫我們
Okay. I don't want to get stuck with him
是的,我不想勉強自己和他一起生活
Just because I cared enough not to move away.
我有很多顧忌,無法搬得遠遠的
Don works in manhattan.
唐在曼哈頓工作
You know I wish I could be here.
你知道的我也想留在這兒
You only have two kids.
你只有兩個孩子
Lord knows Don could afford to build him a house
誰都知道唐有能力在他后院再蓋個房子
In his backyard if he wanted to.
只要他有這份心就能做到
Stop counting other people's money.
不要老算計著別人的錢
And the jardinire.
還有那個大花瓶
The what?
什么
It used to be right there.
它以前就放在那兒
The ceramic thing?
那個陶瓷制品嗎
I think we have that.
我想我們已經把那東西拿走了
Do I have to go around and write my
我是不是該四處轉轉
Name on all things that I want?.
把屬于我的東西都做上記號
Bets you're drunk.
貝蒂,你喝醉了
Well I hope everybody's hungry.
我想你們一定都餓了吧
We're minutes away.
馬上就開飯
Why is that window open?
這窗戶怎么開著
Well look at that. you found a corner.
看看,你已經拼了一個角了
You're pulling your end.
你做得非常好
Can't say the same about him.
他就不一樣了
Don's helping.
唐幫了我
Who know what he does why he does it?
天知道他做了什么,又為什么這么做
I know more about the kid who fixes my damn car.
比起他來,我更了解那個幫我修車的年輕人
Dad you're hurting Don's feelings.
爸爸,你在傷害唐的感情
It's okay.
沒關系
Nobody has what you have.
你所擁有的一切讓其他人望塵莫及
You act like it's nothing.
你卻看起來毫不在意
My daughter's a princess. you know that?
你知道嗎,我的女兒可是個公主
Dinnertime.
該吃晚餐了
What's going on?
怎么了
He has no people!
他一點也不受歡迎
You can't trust the person like that!
你不能相信像他那樣的人
Daddy.
爸爸
Fine. let's go eat.
好吧,去吃飯
Come on.
走吧
I have no appetite.
我沒有胃口
Birdie you should eat.
親愛的,你應該吃點兒
Stop it Don.
夠了,唐
Nobody's watching.
沒人在看我們,不必演了
And here mother.
還有這兒,媽媽
How many of these are there?
到底還有多少文件要簽
Hello all.
嗨,大家好
I brought my pen. hope I didn't miss anything.
我帶了支筆,希望沒有錯過什么
Other than dinner no.
除了晚餐,沒別的
Hello mother.
嗨,媽媽
I think it's nice that even though
我覺得這樣不錯
You let Bud do all the work
你把工作都留給了布德
You found time to grace us with your signature.
自己就可以有時間來這簽名了
Yes well anything I can do.
當然,我能辦到的事定當效勞
I just hope you don't get too used to this.
我只是希望你不要太依賴這些
To what?
依賴什么
This family.
這個家
It has come to my attention that you and Trudy
我聽說你和特魯迪
Are considering a child that's not your own.
正考慮養一個不屬于你們的孩子
Is this true?
是真的嗎
It just came up.
我說漏了嘴
How is that possible?
怎么會發生這種事
Peter I would hate to have to exclude you
皮特,我并不愿意剝奪
from what is rightfully yours.
原本應屬于你的東西
You have to keep at it.
你得自己爭取
You know what mother?
你知道嗎,媽媽
This is not a topic of conversation.
這不是個好話題
I think you know how your father felt about the whole idea.
我想你應該知道你父親對此的看法
It's suitable for some.
這對某些人來說很合適
But really you're pulling from the discards.
但實際上,你們是在撿別人丟棄的孩子
My father?
我父親?
Yes. Pete.
是的,皮特,
Your husband spent everything you had.
你老公花光了你所有的財產
Spent it with strangers.
都給了陌生人
All of it.
全部
What are you talking about?
你在說什么呢
I'll messenger these to your office tomorrow.
我明天會把這些文件送到你辦公室
That's a swell idea.
好主意
The tone of your voice... I don't like it.
你說話的語氣,我非常不喜歡
That too?
你連這也不喜歡嗎
Stop being dramatic.
別這么神經兮兮的
Bud what is my fiduciary state?
布德,我的信托基金情況如何
Tell her.
告訴她
Well...
好吧
We had to liquidate your holdings
我們必須清算你的財產
To ensure your future comfort .
以確保你未來的生活
Why?
為什么
Who asked you to do that?
誰讓你們這么做的
The market took a turn for the worse.
市場狀況正越來越糟
Real estate?
房地產業嗎
I think I would have heard about that.
我以為我會聽到些什么風聲的
Yes well
是啊,好吧
Don't forget to send those by my office.
別忘了把這些文件送到我辦公室
Do you want me to lay everything out for you?
需要我幫你把東西都整理一下嗎
It's been a day. I just want to go to sleep.
累了一天了,我只想早點睡覺
You're smoking like a chimney.
你抽太多煙了
It gives you wrinkles you know.
你知道這會讓你長皺紋的
Good morning everyone.
早上好,各位
Gene.
早上好,吉恩
Morning Don.
早上好,唐
I have some batter left. Would you like some waffles?
我留了些面糊,你想吃華夫餅嗎
No. This will be fine.
吃這個就好了,謝謝
And coffee.
再來點咖啡
Morning everybody. Do you want breakfast?
早上好,各位,你想吃早餐嗎,
No.
不,
I had no idea.
我真的不知道
Please Judy it's okay.
別這樣,朱蒂,沒關系的
No it's yours. I feel terrible.
不,那是你的,我現在很難受
I didn't know your mother promised it to you.
我不知道那個是你媽媽留給你的
Really Judy it's okay.
真的,朱蒂,沒關系
I wish he hadn't brought it up with you.
我倒希望他沒有跟你提起過這件事
I'm putting it over here.
我就把它放在這兒了
Isn't Viola coming today?
瓦歐娜今天不來嗎
Later.
她會晚點到
There's no chance.She'll miss you.
不然她就沒機會見到你了,她會想你的
Leave the dishes. Nonsense.
別收拾了,沒關系,
You look beautiful.
你看起來真漂亮
Thank you.
謝謝
Now that you've fed me why don't we go upstairs?
既然已經吃完了,我們為何不上樓去呢
Gene!
吉恩
I'm fine.
我沒事
I don't know what to say. He's so mixed up.
我不知道該說什么,他大腦糊涂了
Gene you are mixed up.
吉恩,你糊涂了
You're mixed up.
你才糊涂了
He's tired. He didn't sleep last night.
他昨晚都沒怎么睡,一定是累的
Of course.
當然了
Dad you have to go back to the doctor.
爸爸,你必須回醫生那兒看看了
I already have an appointment for monday.
我已經預約好了星期一
So... daddy what would you like to do today?
所以,爸爸,你今天想做些什么呢
Finish that puzzle?
繼續玩那個填字游戲嗎
Sure.
當然可以
And maybe drive into town.
或者可以開車去城里
Get you a milkshake.
順便給你買杯奶昔
That's a grand idea.
這主意太棒了
Come in.
請進
Finally.
你終于來了
I told her to call you.
我讓她給你打電話了
You should have called me.
你應該直接打電話給我的
Hello Viola.
你好,瓦歐娜
And you two look good considering.
你們倆看起來還不錯
How are the children?
孩子們怎么樣
They're good.
他們很好
I'm gonna make some calls.
我去打幾個電話
You should be here every day.
你應該每天都到這來
That's not up to me.
那可由不得我
Why not? You've been here longer than her.
為什么,你在這的資歷比她久
He needs you.
他需要你
I don't know about that.
這我可不知道
And you let Gloria and Judy ransack the house.
而你卻任由歌莉亞和朱蒂掠奪這個家
You want to give me your temper?
你想沖我發脾氣嗎
He doesn't know who I am.
他都認不出我了
He's very very sick.
他病得非常非常嚴重
You don't know how nice it is to hear someone say that.
終于聽到有人說實話了,我覺得真好
Is he dying?
他要死了嗎
I was at Elkins Park hospital on
那個星期天在埃爾金斯帕克醫院
Sunday when they talked to her.
醫生們跟她談話的時候我也在場
It's just gonna get worse.
情況很可能會變得更糟
I don't know how much more I can take.
我不知道我還能撐多久
Well this day comes eventually
好了,不論你喜歡與否
Like it or not.
這天終究還是會來的
I'm an orphan.
我要成孤兒了
You are supposed to take care of your husband
現在,你應該照顧好你的老公
And your beautiful children now.
還有你可愛的孩子們
They are yours.
他們都是你的家人
You'll see.
你會明白的
The minute you leave you'll remember him
當你離開的時候,你記住的還是
Exactly the way he used to be.
他曾經的樣子
It's all good outside that door.
外面的世界仍然是美好的
Want these upstairs?
要把這些拿上樓嗎
No. I have to put it all in the wash.
不,我要把它們都拿去洗
I'll go get the kids.
我去接孩子們
Francine promised them the pool tomorrow.
弗朗辛答應明天帶他們去游泳
Carla will bring them home later.
卡拉晚些時候會把他們接回家的
I'm gonna take a shower.
我去洗個澡
Don.
唐,
What?
怎么了
I think you should leave.
我覺得你該離開了
Really?
是嗎
Yes.
是的
Bets you're upset.
貝蒂,你很不安
I am.
是的
And I know how you feel about grieving.
我也知道你通常是怎么應對傷心的
I think I should be here for you.
我覺得我應該在這兒陪著你
That's your reason?
這就是你的理由?
What do you want me to say?
你想讓我說什么
I want to be here.
我想待在這
You need me here.
你這兒需要我
Why?
為什么
Nothing's changed. We were just pretending.
一切都還是跟之前一樣,我們只是在演戲而已
Good afternoon Mr. Draper.
下午好,德雷柏先生
Hello Donna.
你好,唐娜
Allison.
我叫艾莉森
Of course.
當然了
Surprise!
驚喜
And this beautiful layette.
還有這件漂亮的嬰兒服
We've also attempted to fortify your castle.
我們也順便鞏固了你的堡壘(為他也買了禮物)
Lucky strike Martinson coffee
幸福時光香煙,馬丁森咖啡
Pampers and some clearasil for when it gets bigger.
幫寶適,和一些護膚品,等他長大些再用
You raided the storeroom for me.
你們簡直為我洗劫了個倉庫
Now daddyo we've given this a lot of thought.
現在,準爸爸,我們為這花了很多心思
You are going to be blessed with a stinking miracle.
你將擁有這臭臭的奇跡
Stop it!
夠了
So in assessing the damage to your private life
所以,考慮到對你的私生活造成的損害
We've gotten you some reading material.
我們為你準備了些閱讀資料
What do you get for the man
你們給這個就要一無所有的人
Who is about to have nothing
還準備了什么
no no no no. speech speech.
不,不,講話,講話,
I'm very touched by this party.
這個派對讓我十分感動
That's the whole point.
這正是意義所在
You're not going to be touched.
從今以后你就再也不能沾花惹草了(touch雙關語)
I got it Paul. knock it off.
我知道,保羅,少來這一套
I want to toast all of you.
我要向你們致敬
And let's hope when this baby comes that he likes luckys.
并希望這孩子將來也會喜歡好幸福時光香煙
Here's to the little one whatever it may be.
為小孩子,不管是男孩還是女孩
cheers. cheers.
干杯,干杯
I just wanted to say happy birthday.
我只是想說生日快樂
What's this?
這是什么
Tiffany's?
蒂凡尼(著名銀飾品牌)
Who's it from?
誰送的啊
From Jane.
簡,
And roger I'm sure.
還有羅杰,肯定是的
Will you cut the cake dear?
親愛的,切下蛋糕吧
Mr. Draper.
德雷柏先生
I wasn't expecting you till tomorrow.
我以為你明天才會來
How is everything? About how those things are.
事情還順利嗎,關于一些事情...
Joan if you don't mind can I borrow you for a moment?
瓊,如果你不介意,我們能談談嗎
of course. thank you.
當然,謝謝,
Thank you.
謝謝
And you have your meeting with Mr. Odino at 10 tomorrow.
你和奧蒂諾先生的會議安排在明天十點
And then lee garner jr. and the tv department at 3.
接下來是三點與李?加勒以及電視部的會面
Cancel everything.
全都取消了
Yes of course.
是的,當然
Reschedule for friday?
全部重新安排到周五嗎
No. clear the week.
不,空出整個禮拜
So. how was your family emergency?
那么,你的家庭危機怎么樣了
Memorable. thank you.
十分難忘,謝謝
I assume that means everything's okay?
我猜想這意味著萬事順利
I'm leaving for california tomorrow for the rocket fair.
我明天就要為火箭的事情去加利福尼亞了
Good for you.
對你來說很好啊
Sunshine bikinis.
陽光,比基尼
But didn't we already send a couple men?
但我們不是已經派了些人嗎
Campbell and kinsey?
坎貝爾和金西
Not yet.
還沒敲定呢
Well campbell has got to go.
那么,坎貝爾必須要去
I've held his hand through 30 phone calls.
我已經替他打了30個電話了
Very good Don. bring me a bag of oranges.
很好,唐,給我帶一筐橘子
I'm sure joan here can hold down the fort.
我相信瓊可以處理好所有事情
She's been doing it so far.
她一直都做的很好
Told you you'd be in good hands with miss holloway.
告訴過你霍洛韋小姐是個得力助手
I'll need you to send a memo to mr. kinsey explaining the change of plans.
我需要你向金西先生解釋一下計劃的變動
I'll take care of it.
我會處理好的
You look like you didn't get any sleep last night.
你看起來像是昨晚一宿未睡
I did.
是啊
Go ahead lay down.
先去躺一會兒吧
I'll keep the drunks away.
我讓那些醉鬼們都走開遠遠的
I heard it's very hard to get anything done there
我聽說在那邊要成事非常困難
Because of the weather you know?
因為天氣,你知道的
People don't work.
人們都不工作
Sounds good to me.
那地方倒是挺適合我的
I'm sure I'll be going sometime in the next few months.
我相信幾個月后我也會去看看的
All the networks keep saying how I need to come out and shave my face.
所有網絡都在說我應該出去露露臉
I mean show.
我是說秀一下
What's in this?
這里面是什么
You're just gonna fly off and leave your wife and newborn?
你想就這么把老婆與新生兒留下然后離開嗎
I just want to say that I am so happy for you
我想說我為你感到高興
And that you're gonna be the best father
你會成為最好的父親
And that I'm really happy for you.
我真的為你高興
Thank you.
謝謝
Mr. Kinsey? yes Joan.
金西先生,什么事,瓊,
Mr. Draper wanted you to be informed
德雷柏先生想通知你
That he will be going to Los Angeles for the convention.
他將會去洛杉磯參加大會
Great. we won't have to fly tourist.
很好,我們不用坐經濟艙了(普通艙)
No. it's just he and Mr. Campbell going.
不,只有他和坎貝爾先生去
What?
什么
Don's going with Pete?
唐要和皮特一起去嗎
He can't do that.
他不能這么做
I'm sure it must be disappointing.
我相信這很讓人失望
I'll need your tickets and your badges.
我需要收回你的機票和徽章
That's not right. why can't we all go?
這不公平,為什么我們不能都去
I really need everything right away.
我真的急需那些東西
Or are they at home?
還是你放在家里了
Is there any cake left?
還有蛋糕沒吃完嗎
Hey Sheila. it's me.
嗨,希拉,是我
No I know that.
不,我知道
And I want you to know I've thought about it...
我想讓你知道我重新考慮過了
Let me finish.
讓我說完
I'm going to stand there arminarm with you
我會與你并肩攜手地站在那兒
And make a stand.
并作出決定
It's not just about you and me.
這不僅只關乎你我
I know that.
我知道
No one's been shot lately. okay?
最近沒人被槍殺,明白嗎
I love you too baby.
寶貝,我也愛你
Peggy.
佩奇
May I speak with you?
我可以跟你談一談嗎
Heck of a party.
糟糕的派對
Yes.
是啊
I'm going away you know.
我要去外地出差了,你知道吧
Of course.
當然了
On a plane.
還要坐飛機呢
What do you want me to say?
你想讓我說什么
That I wish I was going?
說我希望我也能去嗎
Everybody does.
每個人都想去
I've never even been on a plane.
我還從沒坐過飛機
Well I have.
我倒是坐過
But not since my father died.
但是自從我父親去世后就沒坐過了
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I'm not scared.
我并不害怕
It just seems significant is all.
只是這意義重大,僅此而已
Statistically speaking
從統計學上說
It's very unlikely that
這種事不太可能
It will happen to two people in one family.
發生在同一家的兩個人身上
That's true.
這倒是
Besides it wouldn't be the worst thing.
不過,這還不是最糟糕的事情
Excuse me?
什么
I hate my mother.
我討厭我母親
What do you think of that?
你怎么看這事
Come on you must have an opinion.
拜托,你一定有個看法啊
I don't know the circumstances.
我不是很清楚情況
I don't know what I should expect from her.
我不知道我能指望她些什么
I don't know her.
我不認識她
Like bud and I turned out so great.
布德和我都已經出人頭地了
Who's to say it wouldn't be better?
誰敢說我們不會更上一層樓呢
So it's not yours. that could be good.
就算我們得不到那些東西,這可能反倒是好事
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在說什么
But I think your flight will be fine.
但我覺得你的航班會安全著陸的
You should go home.
你應該回家
Everything's so easy for you.
什么事到你那都簡單了
It's not easy for anyone pete.
這對誰都不容易,皮特
Have a great trip.
旅途愉快
What's there?
那里有什么
Glen?
格倫
What are you doing?
你在干什么
Nothing.
沒事
How long have you been out here?
你在這多久了
I don't know.
我不知道
A few days.
幾天了吧
What happened?
發生什么事了
I didn't know if I was going to see you again.
我不知道還能不能再見到你
And then you weren't even home.
然后發現你甚至都不在家
Did you run away?
你離家出走了嗎
So?
那又怎樣
I think you should tell me what happened.
我認為你最好還是告訴我發生什么事了
My dad wants Charlotte and me to live with him.
我爸爸希望我和夏洛特搬去和他一起住
My mom doesn't care.
我媽一點都不在乎
I'm sure that's not true.
我敢肯定她不是那樣想的
She just wants to be with her boyfriends.
她只顧著和男朋友們在一起
Does she have a lot of boyfriends?
她有很多男朋友嗎
I guess.
我想是吧
They give me things.
他們給我不少東西
I haven't seen you in so long
我好久沒見過你了
except driving down the street
只有你開車出街的時候我才能瞥見你
I know. I know.
我知道,我知道
Can I use the bathroom?
我能洗個澡嗎
Do you want me to wash your clothes?
要我幫你洗衣服嗎
Is that shirt okay?
衣服合身嗎
That almost fits you.
好像挺合適的
Go ahead.
繼續吃吧
Why are you alone here?
為什么你獨自一人
It's the middle of the day.
現在是中午啊
It's lousy.
真讓人討厭
You understand why your mother was mad at me I hope.
我希望你能理解為什么你媽媽生我的氣
Yeah.
是啊
Because she doesn't understand.
因為她不懂
That's true.
沒錯
I'm not going home.
我不想回家
Because I know I'm a problem for them.
因為我知道我是他們的累贅
Glen.
格倫
I know I am because they keep saying I'm not.
我知道我是的,雖然他們一直都否認
Did you do something?
你做錯了什么嗎
No.
沒有
But my mom is never home.
但我媽總不在家
My dad has another baby.
我爸又有了個孩子
His wife is pretty mean.
他妻子非常刻薄
Where's your mother?
你媽媽去哪里了
I don't know.
我不知道
Writing pamphlets and handing them out.
寫寫小冊子然后寄出去吧
I'm pretty responsible.
我挺有責任心的
I brush my sister's teeth and put us both to bed.
我給我妹妹刷牙還哄她上床睡覺
That's very sweet of you.
你真懂事
Aren't you going to eat?
你不吃點嗎
Can I tell you something?
我可以告訴你些事情嗎
Of course.
當然了
I don't like ham.
我不喜歡火腿
I don't like meat at all actually.
實際上我一點都不喜歡肉
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Do you want me to make you some macaroni and cheese?
要我給你做些通心面或奶酪嗎
I came to rescue you.
我是來拯救你的
Did you bring your cape?
你帶了你的斗篷了嗎(以童話故事戲謔)
I'm not joking.
我不是在開玩笑
We can go anywhere. I have money.
我們可以去任何地方,我有錢
Glen...
格倫
mommy! I missed you! mommy!
媽媽,我想你,媽媽,
I missed you too.
我也想你們了
How is he?
他怎么樣
who? your father.
誰,你父親,
He's not good.
他不是很好
Carla this is Glen Bishop.
卡拉,這是格倫?畢肖普
Sally Bobby
薩麗,博比
you remember Glen from down the street.
你們還記得街那邊的格倫嗎
Hi Glen.
嗨,格倫
Hi
嗨,
Why don't you take Glen upstairs and
你們不如帶格倫上樓
show him the train dad sent?
給他看看爸爸寄來的火車玩具吧
You can use the controls.
你可以遙控哦
Go ahead. it's okay.
去吧,沒事的
What's he doing here?
他來這干嘛
You're really bad.
你真糟糕
You think you can do any better?
你覺得你可以做得更好嗎
If I couldn't I'd give up trying.
如果我不行,我會放棄的
What don't you like about the speech hear?
為什么你不喜歡這里的演講
Glen can you come in here?
格倫,你可以過來一下嗎
Glen get over here now.
格倫,給我過來
I was worried sick.
我快擔心死了
Glen you have to go home.
格倫,你得回家
You can't do things like this.
你不能再做這種事了
Let's go. your father's on his way.
我們走吧,你爸爸正往這趕
I hate you.
我恨你
Apologize right this minute.
快道歉
No it's true.
不,是真的
I hate you.
我討厭你
I know.
我知道
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
Come on. let's wash up for dinner.
過來,我們去洗手吃飯
Advertising if anything helps bring on change.
廣告,是唯一能夠引起巨變的東西
The market... and I'm talking in a purely marxist sense...
市場,我指馬克思主義經濟學定義下的市場
Dictates that we must include everyone.
要求我們要重視每一個潛在消費者
The consumer has no color.
消費者沒有種族之分
Betty I'm sorry but we really need to talk.
貝蒂,我很抱歉,我們必須談一下
There's nothing to talk about.
沒什么好說的
I don't know why he was over here but this has to stop.
我不知道他為什么來這,但這必須到此為止
Nothing's going on.
什么事也沒有
Except that glen feels alone.
除了格倫覺得孤單
Honestly I don't blame him.
老實說,我不怪他
What did he say?
他說了什么
Nothing.
什么也沒說
But it's obvious.
但這很明顯
He depends on you for everything.
他什么都得靠著你
You're supposed to be taking care of him.
你應該照顧好他
You're his mother.
你是他媽媽
And he gets nothing.
可他什么也沒得到
I thought with Dan out of our lives
我以為丹離開之后
it would be different.
一切都會有改觀
Glen's right.
格倫是對的
I'm not a very good mother anymore.
我不再是個好媽媽
Don isn't living here.
唐搬出去了
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
We haven't told the children.
我們還沒告訴孩子們
Is it over?
已經結束了嗎
I don't even know.
我自己也不知道
That's the worst.
這種情況最要不得了
Do they see him?
孩子們還跟他見面嗎
He takes them to dinner.
他帶他們去吃晚飯
They don't know what made them so special all of the sudden.
他們不知道自己為何突然之間變得那么特殊
I don't know.
我不知道
For me it wasn't that different without him there.
對于我來說,他在不在都一樣
Sometimes I feel like I'll float away
有時我覺得如果沒有唐拉住我的話
If don isn't holding me down.
我就像要漂走一樣
The hardest part is realizing you're in charge.
最困難的事就是意識到一切要靠自己了
As you can see the pilot has turned off the "No Smoking" sign.
如你所見,機長關閉了禁止吸煙的標志
We're expecting clear skies en route to Los Angeles today.
我們看到飛往洛杉磯的途中萬里無云
It should be a pleasant day
應該是個舒服的好天氣
degrees and clear
華氏82度,能見度高, 82
with a light Santa Ana wind.
伴有圣安娜風(山脈背面干熱風)
Trans world airlines...
環球航空公司...