你什么時候起來的
I don't know.
不記得了
Is it still Saturday?
現在還是周六嗎
I need you to fix the outlet in the dining room.
我需要你把餐廳電源插座修一修
I thought you were going to call an electrician.
我以為你會請電工來修
All you need to do is unscrew the fuse and replace the plug Don.
只要擰開保險絲,換個插頭就行
Sounds like you could do it.
聽起來似乎你都能做
I need to be able to plug in the hot plate.
拜托,我需要用電爐
Okay.
好吧
Okay.
好的
Bets come here.
貝蒂,過來
Look you've got a week before this party
聽著,你有一周時間準備這次聚會
And it doesn't have to be a big deal.
而且也不必辦得太隆重
Carla will help you.
卡拉會幫你
We're going to have a house full of people.
我們要招待一屋子人
I'd appreciate it if you'd take care of the things on the list.
你若能買好清單上的東西,我會很感激
Birdie I'll fix it.
寶貝,我會辦妥的
Thank you.
多謝了
Hello.
你好
Perfect timing. Ma just left.
來的正好,媽媽剛出門
I brought colored pencils for the boys.
我給小家伙們帶了些彩筆
They're out back throwing rocks at my laundry.
他們在屋后,正往我洗的衣服上扔石頭呢
How is he?
他怎么樣了
I don't know.
不知道
I told you about the chiropractor.
我告訴你那個脊椎指療師的事了
They're not doctors.
他們根本不是醫生
Did I tell you he cried?
我說過他哭的事嗎
Anita...
安妮塔
Sometimes I think about Mike Ryan. Remember him?
有時我會想起麥克?瑞安,還記得他嗎
Stop it. Gerry has a job.
別說了,杰里有工作了
He hates it.
但他討厭它
He told me he hated it
他告訴我,他討厭它
And then a week later his back started.
所以一周后,他的背就開始疼了
His buddies from work don't even come by anymore.
一起工作的那些哥們兒甚至都不來看他
They think he's a malingerer.
他們覺得他在裝病
And Ma all she can talk about are her bunions.
媽媽呢,只會一直嘮叨自己的姆囊炎
I checked out the next Horatio Hornblower for him.
我幫他查對了下一部《霍恩布洛爾船長》
I was right. There is only one book about Moby Dick.
我是對的,確實只有一本書寫到大白鯨
Him with the books.
他又有書看了
Who is it?
誰,
I don't know.
不知道
Oh Lord.
老天
Hello Father. What a pleasant surprise.
你好,神父,真是讓人驚喜
Well I'm sorry for dropping in.
很抱歉突然來訪
I just thought that he could use a visit.
我只是覺得這可能對他有幫助
Bless you.
非常感謝
How is he?
他怎樣了
Much better thanks.
好多了,謝謝
Good good. I'm glad.
很好,很好,那太好了
Hello Peggy. Hello Father.
你好,佩奇,你好,神父,
Let me see if he's awake.
我去看看他醒了沒有
No please don't disturb him.
不,不用打擾他了
Nonsense. He'll be thrilled.
不會的,他一定很高興
It means a lot that you're visiting.
你的探望意義重大
You as well I'm sure.
你也是,我相信
Are you hungry?
你餓了嗎
I've already been fed a few times today.
今天我已經接受了好幾次招待
It's a wonderful community you know?
很棒的社區,對吧
It is.
的確
I see you at church
我在教堂看見過你
But you don't seem very comfortable.
但你看起來不太喜歡那兒
No. That's not true.
不,不是這樣
You don't participate. You keep to yourself.
你不愛參與活動,只守著自己的世界
You know there are many ways to be involved.
其實有很多種參與的方式
There's a committee for the CYO dance.
有個協會負責天主教青年組織舞會
And for selfish reasons
出于私心
I would love to take advantage of your professional services again.
我想借用你的專業優勢再幫我一次
What do you mean?
你的意思是
Publicity.
廣告宣傳
Last year's poster was girls in garlands
去年的海報是位戴著花環的女孩
Dancing around a maypole.
在花柱旁跳舞
I don't think that's what the kids want.
但我覺得孩子們可能不喜歡這個
No. They don't.
是的,他們不會喜歡
I'm so busy right now Father.
我這段時間非常忙,神父
Think of it as pro bono.
將這看做公益事業
Talk to your boss.
跟你老板談談
I really would like the kids to show up.
我真的很希望那些孩子能來
He's ready to see you Father.
他準備好見你了,神父
I'll get you the specifics.
我會再和你詳談
As of today you are costing this company
到目前為止,你使公司遭受的損失
More than you are making it.
比你為之創造的還要多
Excuse me?
你說什么
Tim Dunst called from Maytag.
美泰公司的蒂姆·鄧斯特打來電話(家電生產商)
Apparently last night
顯然,昨天晚上
Their switchboard lit up like a Christmas tree.
他們接線總機像點亮的圣誕樹一樣被打爆
I didn't hear... You're head of the television department
我沒聽說,你是電視部門的主管,
So I know you can't watch everything.
我知道你沒辦法關注所有事
But who exactly oversaw the placement
但到底是誰負責監督
Of Maytag in The ABC Sunday Night Movie?
ABC臺周日晚間電影中插播的美泰廣告
Well I take full responsibility.
沒錯,是我全權負責
There was a scene with a murderous Russian spy
廣告中有個兇殘的俄國間諜
Who was referred to as an agitator repeatedly
一遍又一遍地說,他是個煽動者
And this led into a Maytag spot
然后美泰的產品出現
The title of which is "The Amazing Agitator."
標題是,"令人驚喜的攪拌器(同'煽動者')"
Really?
真的嗎
Is this all a big joke to you?
你不覺得這是天大的笑話嗎
The Russians are still our enemy you know.
俄國人仍然是敵人,你知道的
This will not happen again.
不會再發生這種事了
Crane we're eating this one.
克雷恩,我們為此損失了很多
Politics aside you need to be aware
且不說政治,起碼你得明白
That a client will take any excuse not to pay us.
客戶會找各種借口不付錢
You need to get your department in line or I'll gut it.
你得協調好你的部門,否則我會收拾你們
Yes sir.
是,先生
I'll get to the bottom of this.
我會查清這件事
Hey Harry what's the name of that place we went to
哈里,那次我們帶著壁紙和烤肉
With the wallpaper and the kebabs?
去的地方叫什么
I don't remember.
不記得了
Can one of you help me read TV scripts?
誰能幫我看下電視劇本
For money?
有報酬嗎
I don't think so.
恐怕沒有
There's too much to read and I have nobody.
太多東西要看,但我找不到人
There are things to do that I didn't know were my job.
甚至原以為不是分內的工作,現在都要我做
How could that be? You made that job up.
怎么可能,這些活不是你自己攬上身的嗎
I thought I would be a liaison between the networks and the agency
我本以為只是電視網和代理商的聯絡人
And I don't know buy time.
然后,購買廣告時間段
That's what your job was before.
那是你以前的工作
So now what? It's a whole 'nother job.
現在又怎樣,不過又是一項新工作罷了
That's why we have juniors.
這就是招新人的原因
Someone to blame.
替罪羔羊
You need someone to lay down on the barbed wire
得有人躺在帶刺的鐵絲網上
So you can run over them.
這樣你才能踏著他們走過去
Heineken was pleased but confused.
喜力公司很滿意,但有些困惑(啤酒生產商)
By the fact that you don't use their product?
因為你沒喝他們公司的產品嗎
That's why I brought Campbell.
我叫坎貝爾去就是為我擋酒的
So what's the problem?
到底是什么問題
They're set on competing at the tap.
他們決心增加銷量
We just have to find a way to excite your average tavern inhabitant
我們只需設法讓那些酒鬼對它有興趣
And they'll be happy.
客戶就會很滿意
Did you explain to them that there's a market
你沒跟他們解釋嗎,如果進口喜力
That's actually excited about Heineken being imported?
會有類消費者對它很有興趣
For women entertaining in the home Holland is Paris.
對于那些居家主婦來說,荷蘭就如巴黎
They can buy this sophisticated beer
她們可以去買這種高檔酒
And proudly walk it into the kitchen instead of hiding it in the garage.
驕傲地拿進廚房,不像那些酒鬼藏在車庫里
I'm just telling you I sensed resistance.
我得告訴你,我覺得他們會斷然拒絕
If you want to get some research
如果你想做些調查
I'll get them into a room with you again.
我可以把他們再請來談談
Okay.
好吧
We'll go up and down the Hudson
我們去哈德孫河
Northern New Jersey Connecticut the cash belt...
新澤西北部,康涅狄格,總之繁華地帶???
Set up a few endaisle displays at the A&Ps
在連鎖超市走道盡頭組織一些展示
Away from the other beer
離其他啤酒遠遠的
Surrounded by cheese and crackers and toothpicks with cellophane tips.
周圍要全是奶酪,餅干,玻璃紙牙簽
We can try that.
可以試試這個
Maybe short uneven stacks.
堆得低點,層次不齊
Make it look popular.
快被搶購一空的樣子
Plus housewives love green.
并且,主婦們喜歡綠色的東西
We'll go make some calls.
我們去打電話
You're still going to have to sit down and sell this to them.
你還是得坐下來說服他們
By the way I hate to disappoint your wife
還有,我也不想讓你妻子失望
But I don't know about Sunday night.
但我不知道周日晚上有沒有空
I'd worry more about disappointing Roger.
我倒是更怕讓羅杰失望
He seemed to think it was important that
他似乎覺得很有必要
We sit down with Crab Colson.
我們跟克萊伯?卡爾森坐下來談談
And believe me I'm sure my wife would rather go see a movie.
相信我,我妻子一定寧愿去看場電影
Who's Crab Colson?
克萊伯?卡爾森是誰
Rogers & Cowan.
羅杰斯柯文公司的
I'll get the time from your girl again.
我會再跟你的秘書定好時間的
Mr. Sterling is here to see you.
斯特林先生想見您
Send him in please.
請他進來,謝謝
Roger. Crane.
羅杰,克雷恩,
Mitch says you want to expand your department.
米奇說你想擴充你的部門
Looks pretty big already.
但看起來已經夠大了
Well the way other television departments have this set up...
根據其他電視部門的用人情況
And I've checked on this...
當然我確認過的
There should be a dedicated man for Broadcast Operations.
廣播電視運營部門還需要一個專門的人
And what is he dedicated to?
他專門做什么
Reading scripts meetings to discuss.
看劇本,開討論會
I'm really the face of the television department for the clients.
事實上對客戶來說,我只是電視部門的代表
Have you noticed we're full up?
你不知道已經滿員了嗎
Who's going to pay this person you?
誰給這人發薪水,你嗎
The money we save avoiding surprises will make it worthwhile.
為了減少意外發生造成的損失,這是值得的
You smoke Crane?
你抽煙嗎,克雷恩
Sometimes.
有時候
How do I know you're not just goldbricking?
我怎么知道你是不是因為想偷懶
Because that's what Mitch thinks.
因為米奇就是這么認為的
I don't want to speak out of turn...
雖然我不想多嘴
Warren do you mind?
沃倫,你介意暫時回避嗎
I don't think Mitch has been very happy with my recent promotion.
我認為米奇對我最近被提拔不太開心
Are you?
那你開心嗎
Yes of course.
是的,當然
Figure out a way to do the job yourself.
自己想辦法解決吧
You better not repeat any of that to Mitch.
剛才的話你最好別對米奇透露一個字
Peggy Olson's office.
這里是佩奇?奧爾森的辦公室
May I speak with Miss Olson?
我找奧爾森小姐
This is Father John Gill calling.
我是約翰?吉爾神父
Peggy Olson speaking.
我是佩奇?奧爾森
Hello Peggy. This is Father John Gill.
你好,佩奇,我是約翰?吉爾神父
Do you have a minute?
你現在有時間嗎
Yes. Did you get the flyer?
是的,你收到廣告傳單了嗎
Yes.
是的
It's good but can you take whatever this is
做的不錯,但換作是你你會接受這玩意
And make it into a poster?
然后做成海報嗎
What do you mean whatever this is?
"這玩意"是什么意思
Well there's been some discussion.
我們對它做了一些討論
Don't you like it?
你們不喜歡嗎
The CYO committee is curious about
天主教青年組織協會很困惑
"A Night to Remember."
"難忘的一夜"是什么意思,
What's the problem?
有什么問題嗎
Well they feel it sends the wrong message to the girls.
他們認為這會讓女孩們誤解
It's wholesome and romantic.
思想很健康,而且很浪漫
And you have to get the girls.
而且你必須得吸引女孩們來
It's the only way the boys will come.
只有這樣男孩們才會來
Well...
恐怕
Tell them that this is the way it works
告訴他們,只有這樣廣告才有用
And I know better than them.
這點我比他們清楚
Peggy couldn't you just speak with them?
佩奇,你能否直接與他們談談
They just want to feel involved.
他們只是希望參與到策劃中來
Of course.
當然
I'd love to hear their thoughts.
我很愿意聽聽他們的想法
Goodbye Father.
再見,神父
Goodbye.
再見
Unlike some deodorants
有別于其他除臭劑
Fresh doesn't promise you eternal romance.
清新牌除臭劑不會向您承諾永遠的傳奇
Mr. Crane may I be of some assistance?
克雷恩先生,需要幫忙嗎
I'm sorry.
抱歉
What?
你說什么
I received a memo from Mr. Sterling's office
我收到斯特林先生辦公室的備忘錄
Saying that you needed a girl to help you with your workload.
說你需要一位女孩幫你減輕工作量
No that's not exactly what I asked for.
不,這并不完全是我的要求
Well I don't know what you had in mind
雖然不知道你是怎么想的
But we are spread very thin.
但我們現在很缺人手
Hello Joan.
你好,瓊
Hello Warren.
你好,沃倫
You...
你,
You look great today.
你今天真漂亮
Thank you Warren.
謝謝,沃倫
I need someone to run our commercial scripts
我需要人把廣告劇本
Past the networks for approval.
送給廣播網審批
Can't you just use a messenger?
不能請郵差來處理嗎
No. That person also has to read the network scripts for me
不行,這人還得替我看廣播劇本
And really make sure our clients aren't misrepresented.
確保我們沒有曲解客戶的用意
I don't feel comfortable sending my girls out of the building
雖然不太愿意把我的職員派出去
But I will find someone to read the scripts.
但我會找人幫你看劇本的
My wife is pregnant.
我妻子懷孕了
I just want to get out of here at a reasonable hour.
我只想工作量適宜,早點下班
How many are there?
有多少劇本
And what are they looking for?
他們到底有何要求
We just want to nip any problems in the bud.
我們只是想防患于未然
For example if a kid's pushing away his dinner in disgust
比如,要是一個孩子厭惡地推開餐盤
Just make sure it's not Gorton's fish sticks.
我們得確保他推開的不是戈頓牌魚骨棒
You know people can't be coughing and dying
再比如,在幸福時光香煙播出前
Right before a Lucky ad.
不會出現有人劇烈咳嗽的廣告
Things like that. It's common sense really.
就是這樣,只是常識,真的
It sounds interesting.
聽起來挺有趣的
It is. For the first few.
前面一些,確實是的
And there's Maytag in there.
其中還有美泰的廣告
They're very sensitive to Communism.
他們對共產主義很敏感
Why can't I do that?
為什么不是我呢
Because you already have a job.
因為你已經有工作了
No. I mean talk to her like that.
不,我是指像那樣跟她說話
She's so much woman.
她真是個有魅力的女人
You are so graceful.
跳得優雅極了
She is adorable.
她真可愛
They're doing Winnie the Pooh this year.
她們今年要跳小熊維尼
She's going to be Piglet.
她要演只小豬仔
It's all very professionallooking.
看上去都非常專業
Cheryl's 14.
謝麗爾才14歲
She won't even waltz on my feet anymore.
就已經不愿踩我腳上跳華爾茲了
Ours is engaged.
我們家那個已經訂婚了
Enjoy it while you can.
趁她還小,好好享受吧
Crab can I get you another one of those?
克萊伯,要不要再來一杯
Like the song says I'd be a fool to say no.
就像歌里唱的,我要是拒絕就太傻了
Roger? Ladies first.
羅杰,女士優先,
All right the evening show is over.
好了,晚間秀結束了
Bedtime. Say goodbye to everybody.
該睡覺了,跟大家說再見
Good night.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
Good night slugger. Good night.
晚安,擊球手,晚安,
Hello.
你好
Hello Mrs. Draper.
你好,德雷柏太太
Betty.
叫我貝蒂就好
These are beautiful.
花真漂亮
I'm sorry I'm late. My date cancelled.
很抱歉遲到,我的約會被取消了
You should have called.
你應該打電話來
I might have been able to replace her.
也許我還能代替她
Carla would you please put these in water?
卡拉,幫忙把這些話插到花瓶里
And our head count is now seven.
現在有七位客人了
What a lovely home.
你家很溫馨
Hello Duck.
你好,達克
I remember you Sally.
我記得你,薩麗
Hello.
你好
And who do we have here?
這是哪位呢
This is Bobby.
他叫博比
Bobby shake Mr. Phillips' hand.
博比,跟菲利普斯先生握握手
Do you like baseball Bobby?
喜歡打棒球嗎,博比
Come on. Let's go to bed.
來,去睡覺吧
Sorry I'm late. I didn't want to come stag.
抱歉來晚了,我本不想一個人來
Nobody cares.
沒人會在意的
I don't know. My wife hated odd numbers.
不知道,我妻子可不喜歡單數
Well hello there.
你好
Duck Phillips you know Mona.
達克?菲利普斯,你認識莫娜吧
Of course.
當然
Hello.
你好
Of course this is Petra and Crab Colson.
然后這位是佩特拉,克萊伯?卡爾森
Crab Duck. Duck Crab.
克萊伯,達克,達克,克萊伯
Can I get you something?
你要喝點什么
Tomato juice if you have it.
番茄汁吧,如果有的話
Come on.
拜托
I'll have something with dinner.
吃飯的時候我會再喝點別的
Beautiful drive.
沿途風景很美
Did you take the Sawmill? I did.
你走鋸木廠那條路了,是的,
Found myself heading to New Rochelle by accident.
突然發現自己正往新羅謝爾方向走
I used to live there.
我曾經在那兒住過
It's lovely there.
那兒很漂亮
I'll tell you the way to go.
告訴你什么才是完美的出行
We're taking our sloop from my folks' place in Old Lyme
我們打算從我在萊姆鎮的住處
All the way down to Larchmont for Race Week.
一路乘帆船到拉奇蒙鎮參加賽船周
We should get a boat.
我們也該去弄條船來
My father had a boat. Almost killed him.
我爸爸有條船,差點害死他
You might as well cut a hole in your pocket.
不如口袋上挖個洞直接漏錢算了
The slip and the dry dock and the yacht club.
想想那些艷遇,干船塢,游艇俱樂部
Speaking of which Don
說到這個,唐
Are you and Bets joining Willow Oaks or not?
你和貝蒂到底加入柳橡樹俱樂部沒
We're lonely.
我們很寂寞
If you wish you can leave your drinks here
可以的話,請大家把酒放在這兒
And join us in the dining room.
我們一起去餐廳吃飯吧
Terrific.
太好了
So Rogers & Cowan.
羅杰斯柯文公司
It's a good place to be right now.
能在那里工作真不錯
He does everything you need him to do you know?
他會做任何你讓他做的事
Well we took the road that goes to...
我們走的那條路通向
How did that get there?
怎么會走到那去
We're going to take a little trip around the world
我們即將開始一小段環球之旅
Starting in Spain with gazpacho
西班牙冷湯作為開場
Followed by Japan... rumaki...
然后是日本的雞肝栗子卷
And then we'll stop by Duchess County
接著我們來到達奇斯縣
For a leg of lamb mint jelly
這里有羊腿,薄荷醬
Accompanied by egg noodles
還配有雞蛋面
The way my grandmother made them from Germany.
這是我祖母學來的德式做法
And we have a choice of burgundy from France
大家可以選法國的勃艮第葡萄酒
Or a frosted glass of beer from Holland.
或者荷蘭進口的凍啤酒
Did you bring a case from work?
你從公司搬了一箱回來嗎
No.
沒有
Oh please Draper.
得了,德雷柏
You'll do anything to win an argument.
你為了爭個贏會不惜一切
I don't understand.
我不明白
You went out and bought that? At the store?
你去商店買的那些東西嗎
Carla did some of the marketing
有些是卡拉買的
But no I did. Why?
但這的確是我買的,怎么了
I'm not even allowed to pick where I sit.
我在家甚至無權選擇坐哪里
What's so funny?
什么事這么好笑
Crab if you want to be in business
克萊伯,如果你想和一個
With someone who knows their stuff...
精通業務的人做生意
Heineken is one of our clients.
喜力公司是我們的客戶
He said you were the market and you are.
他說你就是目標市場,果然沒錯
That is funny. Incredible.
確實有趣,難以置信,
What an interesting experiment.
真是個有趣的實驗
I have to sit down.
我想坐下了
Please do.
請坐吧
Now who wants wine?
誰想要葡萄酒
Please start.
請用餐吧
The soup is delicious.
湯真好喝
To our hosts.
敬我們的主人
And their idyllic country home
還有他們這溫馨的家
And to new friends.
以及我們的新朋友
Hear hear.
沒錯,沒錯
"ANight to Remember" is every girl's dream.
"難忘的一夜"是每個女孩的夢想,
It holds the wholesome promise of the kind of handholding
它象征一種純潔高尚的承諾,手牽著手
That eventually leads to marriage.
最終走進婚姻的殿堂
I think it's exactly what we talked about.
我覺得這正是我們想要的
I don't like the way they're dancing.
我不喜歡他們跳舞的樣子
They're too close together.
他們靠的太近了
Maybe leave some room for the Holy Ghost.
或許該為圣靈留點空間
Uh maybe they're doing a box step.
也許他們是在跳方塊步呢
Fine.
沒錯
You're not worried about having a dance full of girls only?
你難道不擔心只有女孩來參加舞會嗎
When the boys hear that the girls are going...
當男孩們聽說女孩們要去
The boys aren't going to hear nothing.
男孩們什么消息也得不到
They don't go to school together.
他們不和女孩一起上學
They go to church together.
但他們一起去教堂吧
And this isn't the first CYO event.
況且不是第一次天主教青年組織活動
That's true.
沒錯
I'd never thought about that but you're right.
我從沒這么想過,但你是對的
I'm just saying I'm not an expert
我得說,雖然我并非專家
But there might be another slogan.
但也許我們可以再想一個標語
What do you want two flyers?
你想怎么樣,兩份不同的傳單嗎
No. We don't have to throw this one away
不,我們不必扔掉這張
But maybe we can um...
但是,也許我們可以
I think she's saying maybe we should try something else.
我覺得她是說,或許我們該試試其他想法
Thank you very much. I'll see what I can do.
非常感謝,我會盡力而為
You're such a doll.
你真是個可人兒
Could I speak to you a minute?
我能和你談談嗎
Father I wanted to talk to you too.
神父,我也想和你談談
We can speak tomorrow.
我們可以明天再談
Thank you all for your generosity and your time.
感謝你們的慷慨與時間
Father I don't mind working
神父,我不介意繼續工作
But this is completely unnecessary.
但這完全沒必要
Well I don't understand.
我不明白
Did you agree with them?
你同意她們嗎
The dancers could be farther apart
跳舞的孩子或許是可以離得遠一點
But you were very persuasive.
但你的話很有說服力
You don't have to agree with them.
你沒必要同意她們的觀點
In fact you're not supposed to.
事實上,你也不應該
You asked me to do this based on my expertise.
你請我憑借專業素養做這份海報
Well I'm not really on the committee.
其實,我并不屬于協會的管理層
I'm more of a liaison.
我更像是個聯絡人
You're supposed to tell them that they should trust me.
你應該說服他們信任我
That's your job.
那才是你該做的
They'll listen to you.
他們會聽你的
You're right.
你說的對
I'm sorry this is so much work.
很抱歉工作如此繁重
No I can turn it around.
不,我會讓情況有所改善
And the copy machine?
那復印機呢
Yes I cleared it.
是的,已經修好了
I'm sorry Father.
很抱歉,神父
I don't mean to be disrespectful.
我不是有意對您不敬
I'm very tired.
我只是很累了
We'll both be prepared next time.
下次我們都會準備好的
Come on.
來吧
Good night Peggy.
晚安,佩奇
I really am glad you're here.
你能來我很高興
Me too.
我也是
You didn't set the table?
你還沒擺好飯桌嗎
I'm sorry. You came back so fast.
抱歉,你回來的太早了
I'll get plates.
我去拿盤子
You're not going to believe what happens on As the World Turns.
你不會相信《隨世界轉動》里發生的事
You're right about that.
這倒是沒錯
Let me ask you something.
我問你
Is it possible for someone to come out of a coma
有沒有可能一個人從昏迷中蘇醒
And have no recollection of who they are?
但是一點也記不起來自己是誰
Honestly people don't come out of comas much.
老實說,人一旦昏迷,就很難再蘇醒過來了
Really?
真的嗎
So it's also probably ridiculous
所以他們說話的口音
They would have an accent they didn't have beforehand?
也不可能突然發生巨大的轉變是吧
Yes.
沒錯
Well it must have happened to somebody.
但一定有人發生過這種事吧
I mean they wouldn't make it up completely right?
我是說,總不能完全憑空捏造吧
Probably once. Makes a good story.
也許就那么一次,然后就借題發揮
I'm going to get my drink. Do you want something?
我去拿喝的,你要點什么
Water.
水,
I didn't know you were such a reader.
我不知道你還愛看書
It's part of my job.
這是我工作的一部分
I thought you just walked around with people staring at you.
我以為你只是在別人的注視下四處轉悠
You.
你呀
What are you bothering with that for?
你關心那個做什么
You should be looking for a house.
你應該去找個房子
What happened to your fascination with Glen Cove?
你怎么不對格倫?科夫的房子繼續幻想了
You told me to stop looking.
是你讓我別再搜尋的
Well I just need to finish my training.
好吧,我應該結束對你的管制了
Joanie you should be watching those shows
瓊妮,你應該去觀賞那些演出
Not reading them
而不是讀它們的劇本
With a box of bonbons on your lap to soothe your cravings.
膝蓋上放一盒糖果,以克制你的渴望
It's a hoot.
滑稽古怪的劇目罷了
I guess that's okay.
我覺得還不錯
I'm glad you approve.
真高興你竟然同意
Were you going to get me a glass of water hon?
你到底要不要給我拿杯水,親愛的
Of course.
當然
Carla why don't you go home?
卡拉,你可以回家了
We can do all this in the morning.
我們可以明早再收拾
That jam will set.
那樣果醬會粘在盤子上
Let me at least put the dishes in the basin.
我至少把盤子放進水池里
That's a good idea.
好主意
If you want you can go to bed.
你瞌睡的話,可以先去睡了
I'll show myself out call Louis to pick me up.
我會自己走的,讓路易斯來接我
It's okay. We had a long day.
沒關系,今天真是漫長
Thank you for all your help.
多謝你幫忙
Good night Mr. Draper.
晚安,德雷柏先生
Good night Carla.
晚安,卡拉
It was a great success.
晚宴很成功
You embarrassed me.
你讓我很尷尬
What are you talking about?
你在說什么呢
You embarrassed me.
你讓我很尷尬
What did I do?
我做了什么
You knew I would buy that beer.
你知道我會買那種啤酒
So what?
那又怎樣
Because you know me so well.
因為你如此了解我
You know everything about me.
你了解我的一切
Bets I use our life all the time in my work.
貝蒂,我經常在工作上用到生活賜予的靈感
They pay me for that.
為此他們才付我薪水
And then you laughed.
所以你也笑了
You all laughed.
你們都在笑
Must be so funny being in on it.
知道內情的你一定覺得很可笑
Come on.
別這樣
You're taking this the wrong way.
你誤會我了
You embarrassed me.
你讓我很尷尬
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I didn't mean it.
但我不是有意的
You never mean it.
你從來不是有意的
You just do whatever you want
你只是隨心所欲
And I put up with it because nobody knows.
但沒有其他人知道,所以我只好忍受
No one is going to remember that.
沒人會記得這件事的
You know what they're going to remember?
你知道他們只會記得什么嗎
Petra Colson missing her chair.
佩特拉?卡爾森找不到座位
Come on. Leave this. You're tired.
別這樣,忘了這事,你很累了
Let's go upstairs.
我們上樓吧
I'm not going to bed.
我不會去睡覺的
Not until you tell me why you insist on humiliating me.
除非你告訴我,為什么一直羞辱我
Betty I can't talk to you when you're like this.
貝蒂,你這樣子我沒法跟你談
You're making a mountain out of a molehill.
你太小題大做了
I know about you and that woman.
我知道你和那個女人的事
What?
什么
Damn it Don I know you're having an affair.
該死的,唐,我知道你有外遇了
You and Bobbie Barrett.
你,和芭比?巴雷特
What?
你說什么
How could you? She's so old.
你怎么能這樣,她那么老
Betty that's ridiculous.
貝蒂,這太荒謬了
I'm just telling you I know.
我只是告訴你,我都知道
Fine Bets.
很好,貝蒂
What do you know?
你都知道些什么
Go ahead. Tell me.
說啊,告訴我
Jimmy told me everything.
吉米把一切都告訴了我
Jimmy. He hates me.
吉米,他討厭我
He told me everything.
他把一切都告訴了我
Please. What the hell did he say?
拜托,他到底說了些什么
So you can pick it apart? Twist all my words?
然后你就能吹毛求疵,反駁我剛才的話
I'm not going to dignify Jimmy Barrett with a response.
對吉米?巴雷特的話我不屑于做任何答復
He's a big mouth.
他是個口無遮攔的人
And don't pretend I don't know how he looks at you.
也別裝作我不知道他是怎么看你的
I saw you two together.
我看見你和她在一起
You think you know me?
你覺得你懂我嗎
Well I know what kind of a man you are.
但我知道你是怎樣一個男人
You think I would sleep with that woman?
你認為我會和那女人上床嗎
You can't help yourself.
你控制不了自己
Admit it.
承認吧
There's nothing to admit.
我沒什么好承認的
You're lying.
你在說謊
I'm going to bed.
我要去睡覺了
Good morning.
早上好
Good morning Daddy.
早上好,爸爸
Mommy said the party was fun.
媽媽說昨天的晚會很棒
Did she?
是嗎
Okay.
好吧
Byebye.
拜拜
Byebye.
拜拜
Bye Daddy.
拜,爸爸
Aren't you going to be a daddy soon?
你不是就要當爸爸了嗎
I've done my part. The rest is up to her.
我已經做了該做的,剩下的就看她了
Don't pay attention to that due date.
別太在意那個預產期
It'll drive you nuts.
否則你會發瘋的
D Day. Hello.
D日(軍事術語,指最漫長的一天)你們好,
This is Mr. Pastern and Mr. Kostis from Maytag.
這是美泰的帕斯頓先生和科斯蒂斯先生
Are we all better now? Yes.
我們現在有進展了嗎,是的,
Process seems to be streamlined.
創意似乎有所改進
Wait a minute. Is she the one we spoke to on the phone?
等等,這就是和我們通話那位嗎
Yes. Joan is handling Broadcast Operations.
是的,瓊現在負責廣播運營
I had no idea.
我之前不知道
I would have combed my hair before I called you.
否則打給你之前,我會打扮一下
I've got next week's scripts.
我已經有了下周的劇本
Don't hold anything back now.
千萬別有所保留
She won't.
她不會的
Well it was nice to meet both of you in person.
很高興能親自見到你們兩位
Indeed.
我們也一樣
Hell of an operation you've got here Crane.
你真是有一位好部下,克雷恩
I think so.
我也這么認為(女人到底想要什么,一個可以親近的借口)
Gentlemen.
先生們
Phil. Good to see you as always.
菲爾,見到你總是讓人高興
Francis. Can we get you something?
這位是弗朗西斯,你們要喝點什么
We've got a fridge full of Heineken out there.
外面有一冰箱喜力啤酒
No. It's 11 a.m. for Pete's sake.
不用了,才11點,看在皮特的份上
Well thanks for coming by.
很感謝你們能來
We were just so excited
我們太興奮了
I thought you should hear it from the horse's mouth.
我覺得你們應該聽下可靠消息
What exactly happened?
到底怎么回事
Well...
是這樣
We explained to you before that research shows
我們曾向你們解釋過,研究顯示
That with the rise in commuters
上班工作的人越來越多
And the relative scarcity of suburban bars
相比之下,郊區酒吧卻很少
People are drinking more in the home.
人們越來越多在家里喝酒
Yes we heard you.
是的,聽你們說過
Entertaining housewives et cetera.
還有招待客人的主婦們,等等
We're not against it.
我們不是反對你們
We just think our money would be spent better elsewhere.
只是覺得錢可以花在其他更好的地方
And honestly I agree with you
說實話,我贊成你
But well we ran a little test
但是,我們做了一個小試驗
And the results were very enlightening.
結果非常有啟發性
Don?
唐,
We targeted a few wealthy suburban markets
我們把目標定在一些豪華的郊區市場
With womanfriendly endaisle displays.
在走道盡頭組織了一些吸引女性的展示
Was there a spike?
你們在那兒擺了高跟鞋嗎
The sample was very small
樣品其實非常小
But what we put out sold well.
但展品賣得很好
More important was who it sold to.
更重要的是,看看它們都賣給了誰
This is an untapped market where you dictate the competition.
這是個未經發掘的市場,你可以主宰
I think I can say this because Don's being modest.
還是我來說吧,因為唐太謙虛了
Don's wife she's a peach of a girl.
唐的妻子,一位非常美麗的女人
They had a dinner party.
他們辦了一個晚宴
We're talking days after placement
我們正在談論人事變動后的日子
And she had this elaborate elegant setup...
她就有了這么一桌精美的食物
Foods from around the globe.
有全世界的美食
And sure enough there was your Heineken
當然,還有貴公司的喜力啤酒
Right next to the bone china and the polished sterling.
就在骨質瓷器和雅致的銀器旁
It was incredible.
真是難以置信
Not exactly scientific.
雖然不是那么科學嚴謹
Although it sounds like you do know your wife.
不過聽起來你很了解你的妻子
She's exactly who we're after...
她就是我們的目標消費者
Welloff educated with plenty of time to shop.
家境富裕,教養良好,購物時間又多
And it's important for her
并且對她來說重要的是
That she's the perfect hostess the perfect wife.
成為一個完美的女主人,完美的妻子
We even talked about using her menu verbatim
我們還商量要把她的菜單一字不差地
In selected ladies' magazines.
放進精品女性雜志里
Really?
真的嗎
We haven't been there yet.
我們還沒在那上面登過廣告呢
No but it's what I've been pushing for.
是沒有,但這是我一直努力爭取的
And so I take your word on this?
所以這算是你的承諾嗎
Why would I lie?
我為什么要撒謊
We're the ones who are going to have to deliver.
我們可是要著手負責的人
I guess we could throw it in the mix.
也許我們可以結合一下
Let's start regional.
先從小區域開始吧
See how some strangers' wives feel.
看看陌生人的妻子們感覺怎樣
I would recommend buying air time during Love of Life.
我建議購買"熱愛生活"節目的廣告時間段
Women watching TV during the day
女人們白天看電視
Like to fantasize about having active lifestyles.
喜愛幻想積極的生活方式
They like where they could be going with Sea & Ski.
喜歡去那些可以涂"海洋雪場"防曬乳的地方
And they watch every day.
而且她們每天都看
I know my daughter missed a lot of classes in college
我知道我女兒為了看電視劇
For her stories.
在大學里落下很多課
My wife brought the TV home.
所以我妻子把電視搬回了家
There you go.
就是這樣
Mr. Hansen I don't know how Mr. Crane feels about this
漢森先生,我不知道克雷恩先生對此怎么看
But I've been reading the scripts
但我一直在讀劇本
And I just have to say
我不得不說
As the World Turns is about to become unmissable.
你一定不能錯過《隨世界轉動》
I don't want to give it away
盡管我不想泄露劇情
But someone people think is dead is not.
雖然大家都認為劇中某個人死了,但是沒有
I'm glad you like it but they all do the same things don't they?
很高興你喜歡,但這種故事不都是老一套嗎
No. Not at all.
不,完全不是
This is what they call a special summer storyline
這就是他們所說的夏日特別劇情
And I've spoken to Logan Reynolds over at CBS
我已經和CBS的洛根?雷諾茲談過了
And it's going to receive a lot of promotion.
他們會進行大規模的宣傳
Is it the same price?
價格也一樣嗎
Well they're all close.
差不多
This sounds better.
這個聽起來好一些
Well if you lock them in at this rating
如果你以這個估價成交
And then they exceed it
而他們更高
There's a bang for your buck factor isn't there?
那你就物超所值了,對吧
I would say so.
我也這么認為
Then you should do that.
所以你應該這么做
I think you'll be pleased.
我相信你一定會滿意的
That's why I didn't want to do this on the phone.
所以我才不想在電話里談
I love what she says and I love the way she says it.
我喜歡她說的話,也喜歡她說話的方式
Let me walk you out.
我送你出去
Are you okay Mommy?
你還好嗎,媽媽
I'm okay sweetheart.
我沒事,寶貝
I'm just not feeling very well.
只是覺得不太舒服
Do you want some aspirin?
你要不要吃點阿司匹林
No Sally.
不用了,薩麗
I'm just going to rest a little bit okay?
我只想休息一會,好嗎
Go play with your brother.
去和你哥哥玩
Okay.
好的
Shit.
該死
Crane thanks for squeezing me in.
克雷恩,多謝你抽時間見我
You said 4:30.
你不是說4:30嗎
Hell is it only 4:30?
該死,才4:30嗎
Sorry about that.
抱歉
Listen I'll be brief
我長話短說
Since it appears I'm on my way out.
因為我馬上要出去
I've received a lot of unsolicited phone calls.
我接到很多消費者主動打來的電話
Simply put the customers are satisfied
簡言之,他們很滿意
And so is the accounting department.
財務部也很高興
Keep up the good work.
好好保持吧
Well I'm not doing it on my own.
其實,不是我一個人的功勞
Right. That's true isn't it?
對,沒錯,不是嗎
Why don't we get those secretaries back to their regular jobs?
那讓秘書們回去做她們自己的工作吧
It's just Joan Holloway actually.
其實只有瓊?霍洛韋一個人
So her attentions are divided at best.
那她充其量也只能分神來幫你
Make it a fulltime position 150 a week
設一個全職職位,周薪150
And he has to share an office.
共用辦公室
Sounds perfect.
聽起來很不錯
Hello.
有人嗎
Where are the kids?
孩子們在哪
Bed.
睡覺了
What happened here?
這是怎么回事
Nothing.
沒什么
Nothing happened here.
什么事也沒有
I went through every pocket and every drawer
我找遍了每個口袋,每個抽屜
And there's nothing.
什么也沒有
Would you stop?
你夠了沒
How much have you had to drink?
你喝了多少酒
I don't even know why I bother looking.
我甚至不明白自己為何白費力氣要找
All I found were stacks of
找到的只是一堆堆
Cocktail napkins with stupid advertising on them.
印著愚蠢廣告的小紙巾
What are you doing Bets?
你在做什么,貝蒂
I would never do this to you.
我永遠不會對你做這種事
How could you do this to me?
你怎么能這么對我呢
I didn't do anything.
我什么也沒做
Don.
唐,
What time is it?
幾點了
I don't want it to be like this.
我不想變成這樣
Me either.
我也不想
I don't know what to do.
但我不知道該怎么辦
Don't.
別這樣
Nothing happened.
什么也沒發生
Now you look me in the eye.
現在你看著我的眼睛了
You never do that.
你從沒這樣過
Yes I do.
不,我有過
You never say you love me.
你從沒說過你愛我
Yes I do.
不,我說過
You know I do.
你知道我愛你
I say it all the time.
我無時不在表達
No you don't.
不,你沒有
Do you hate me?
你討厭我嗎
God no.
天哪,不
I love you Bets.
我愛你,貝蒂
I do.
我真的愛你
And I love the children.
我也愛我們的孩子
I don't want to lose all this.
我不想失去這一切
This is a very impressive operation.
這里的運營真是令人印象深刻
It's Madison Avenue.
這可是麥迪遜大道
Look at this.
快看
Did we get Miracle Whip?
我們點奇妙醬了嗎
I don't know.
不知道
Makes a lot of sense.
不過這樣也說得通
She's an undercover nun.
她其實是深藏不露的修女
So Turk doesn't know which way to turn
特克不知道該走哪條路
He's so drunk so finally he stops.
他已經爛醉了,所以最后他停下來
We get out of the car
我們下了車
And the sign says "Bridge Out."
看到一處標語寫著"下橋"
Hello Joan. You wanted to see me?
你好,瓊,你要見我嗎,
Joan this is Danny Lindstrom.
瓊,這位是丹尼?林斯特蒙
Dan.
叫我丹吧
He's going to be in charge of Broadcast Operations.
他將負責廣播運營部
Excuse me?
你說什么
I've really appreciated you filling in.
真的很感謝你臨時幫忙
I couldn't have asked for more.
那是對我莫大的幫助
Joan knows everything about this.
瓊對這工作的了如指掌
Well that makes one of us.
這么說也是我們的一員了
I've already given him next week's scripts.
我已經把下周的劇本給他
It would be great if you could fill him in on how it works.
要是你能跟他交代下怎么做就太好了
Right now?
現在嗎
Why not? Are you busy?
為什么不,你很忙嗎
No. Not at all.
不,一點也不
It's really just reading the scripts all of them
其實也就是把劇本讀一遍,所有的
And looking through the storylines to see if there's any...
瀏覽一遍故事情節,看看有沒有
Possible benefits to our clients
可能有益于客戶的地方
How their products may be portrayed to their advantage
如何凸顯他們產品的優勢
And of course getting the cooperation of the networks.
當然還有,與廣播公司的合作
That's pretty much what I said.
和我說的差不多
Not exactly.
也不全是
Listen you're going to be around to help with the details right?
你會提供一些細節上的幫助,對吧
Yes of course.
是的,當然
Anything else?
還有事嗎
No Joan. And thank you again.
沒有了,瓊,再次感謝你
This is wonderful. It's completely automatic.
這機器真棒,完全自動
I just leave it.
完全讓它來就行了
If you set the number.
只要你設好數量
You know don't think we don't know
不要認為我們不知感恩
How lucky we are having you do this for us.
我們很幸運能有你的幫助
Thank you. It's nice to be included.
謝謝,我很樂意幫忙
Peggy do you have something you need to talk about?
佩奇,你有沒有什么想談談的
Excuse me?
什么
Well I've noticed that you don't take Communion.
其實是,我發現你沒有領過圣餐
And I don't think it's too much of a leap
我想詢問下你有什么想談談的
To ask if there's something you need to talk about.
應該不是很冒失吧
No.
不,
God already knows whatever it is Peggy.
因為上帝已經知道一切真相,佩奇
Well then I don't need to talk.
那么,我更沒什么好說的了
Well I'm here right now.
我現在就在這里
Father don't take this the wrong way
神父,請不要誤解
But I don't think you'd understand.
但我覺得你不會明白
God is bigger than what we were raised on.
上帝的力量大于世間萬物
Father you don't have to live life like the rest of us.
神父,你不用過和我們一樣的生活
Maybe you're lucky.
也許你是幸運的
I've lived life.
我也有過普通的生活
I wasn't born a priest.
我并非生來就是神父
Of course not.
當然不是
You know when you distance yourself from the church
如果你將自己與上帝隔離
You are distancing yourself from everything.
那么你會與一切都隔離開
That's why it's called Communion you know.
所有它才叫做圣餐(又意,交流)
It's not just being with God.
不僅是與上帝在一起
It's being with people.
還是與人們在一起
I know that.
我明白
Well then why are you pushing everyone away?
那你為什么,將所有人都推開
I'm not.
我沒有
There is no sin too great to bring to God.
上帝可以原諒一切罪過
You can reconcile yourself with him and have a whole new start.
你可以向他告解,然后重新開始
You're a smart beautiful young girl.
你是一個如此聰明,美麗的年輕女孩
You have so much to offer.
你有很多可以展現的東西
Do you feel you don't deserve his love?
難道你覺得自己不配得到上帝的愛
Your copies are done.
復印好了
I'll put them in a box for you.
我幫你放在盒子里
There you go.
好了
Thank you very much Peggy.
非常感謝你,佩奇
I'll see you on Sunday?
那我們周日見吧
Yes of course.
好的,當然
Welcome to the club.
歡迎來到俱樂部
So I pulled Sylvia's hair and treated her mean.
我抓住西維婭的頭發,狠狠收拾了她
She ran after me all the time
她每天都粘著我
And every day she took me down to the malt shop
每天都帶我去麥芽坊
To split a soda with her.
和她分享一杯汽水
And just like that I lose her.
然后突然就這樣,我失去她了
How do you know you lost her?
你怎么知道你失去她了
Today I walked into the malt shop
今天我走進麥芽坊
And there was another guy at the end of my straw.
結果我吸管那頭是另外一個人
Imagine my horror
想象一下
When a night on the town turned ugly.
當城里夜晚變得死寂一般,我有多害怕
This is a nice place for nice people.
這是一個好人會來的好地方
And the jerk behind the bar
這吧臺后面的混蛋
He throws a bowl of nuts at me.
他朝我扔了一碗堅果
What am I a squirrel?
我是什么,松鼠嗎
Lucky for him
不過他很幸運
I carry my own wherever I go.
我到哪兒都隨身帶著自己的食品
Am I crazy? I don't think so.
是我瘋了嗎,我可不這么覺得
Just you try and stick your face into a can of nuts.
試試把臉埋到一罐堅果里
Take it from a nut.
搶過那些瘋子手里的堅果
Utz are better than nuts.
優滋美味,堅果不配
We have chains in almost every suburban market
每處郊區市場都有我們的連鎖店
On the East Coast plus Chicago Cleveland.
東海岸,還有芝加哥,克利夫蘭
It's a vote of confidence.
就看大家更信任誰了
Mrs. Draper is on the line.
德雷柏夫人在線上
I got to take this.
我得接一下
Thank her again for me.
替我再次感謝她
Hello.
你好
Don't come home.
不要回家
What?
什么
I don't care what you do.
我不在乎你做了什么
I just don't want you here.
我只是不希望你回來
Betty. Don I don't want to see you.
貝蒂,唐,我不想見到你,
Well early in the morning
清晨之初
About the break of day
破曉之時
I asked the Lord
我請求上帝
Help me find the way
為我指引道路
Help me find the way
為我指引道路
To the Promised Land
引我通往樂土
This lonely body needs a helping hand
這孤獨之軀渴望援助之手
I asked the Lord to help me please
我懇求上帝給予幫助
Find the way
為我指引道路
When a new day's dawning
當新的一天曙光出現
I bow my head in prayer
我低頭默默祈禱
I pray to the Lord
我向上帝祈禱
Won't you lead me there?
能否引我前行
Won't you guide me safely to the golden stair?
能否指引我安全走向金色旋梯
Won't you let this body your burden share?
能否讓這身軀為你分享負擔
I pray to the Lord
我向上帝祈禱
Won't you lead me please?
能否指引我
Lead me there
引我前往那里