I want to be clear.
I have never abused my office.
but you have to believe me-I'm innocent.
He needs you to forgive him,Alicia.
and he just put it out there for everyone.
He didn't want that. The press...
他也不想這樣的,媒體都是...
Oh,Jackie,stop it.Peter wasn't thinking of us.
Kalinda Sharma.
I'm the in-house. Oh,the investigator.
You're Peter Florrick's wife. That's right.
Ryan thinks there's a good chance the appellate court's going to listen to my case.
If they overturn it,everything goes back to normal.
Peter,it's never going back to normal. Peter
Yes.
Yes.
And who first told you of your husband's infidelity,Mrs. Florrick?
CNBC.
I'm sorry,I don't understand.
I was at the cleaners.
I was waiting in line.
CNBC was playing on the TV.
I saw it on the crawl at the bottom of the screen.
before that moment,is that correct,Mrs. Florrick?
That's correct.
untruthful statements at work,not because he was trying to cover up illegal acts as a state's attorney,
but that he was trying to hide an affair from his wife.
I understand.
Good.
Uh...let's turn to the call girl.
She made some statements in the press.
Alicia Florrick.
I just want to let you know that Peter has a lot of friends.
Judges,lawyers,business folk who didn't like the way that this went down.
They want to help.
我只想說,如果你需要任何幫助...
We're fine.
Ah,one more thing.
Um...we're lookingfor correspondence that may have taken place between Peterand a Gerald Kozko.
Just like the store,only with a "K" and a "Z."The real estate developer.
Peter says all of his private correspondences are at your apartment.
It would help a lot if you could look for a letter or a card from him.
That's it.
Dentist visit... is over.
Alicia.
I heard you were coming on board to replace Bree.
Could you...? Sure.
Ah,talk about complicated.Jury selection took a week.
We got five more of filled with medical testimony and the depo dump.
I was on Will's felony case till 30 minutes ago.
Yeah,I was on a slip-and-fall until Diane yanked me on this.
But this one's pretty cool,so come on,I'll get you up to speed.
Running,biking,ocean swimming.
and then run a full marathon.
Yes,I did,yeah.
So tell me what happened on the 12th,Ray.
so I took these...
所以我就吃了一些...
and the migraine just...
可是頭痛卻...
...seemed to be getting worse.
Ray Demory.He's our test case. Ray Demory
there's a massive class action in the wings.
...I felt unsteady.
The next day at the hospital,I found out I had a stroke.
And these pills you took-- they were Zennapril,correct? Your Honor...
你吃的這些藥,是Zennapril對嗎?法官大人...
The drug manufactured by these three gentlemen over here.
There's nothing I enjoy more than watching Miss Lockhart perform her courtroom magic...
看洛克哈特女士,在法庭上大展拳腳真是賞心悅目...
James McCloon-- killer defense counsel. James McCloon
They call himthe Velvet Shiv.
and stop poking at them like perps on America's Most Wanted.
Funny,I didn't hear an objection,Your Honor.
Let's just please refrain from the crosstalk.
Yes,Your Honor.
I will try not to interrupt Miss Lockhart again.It will be difficult,but I will try.
You're looking at it.
Mostly it's been hard on Carol.
We got married a year ago,before my stroke,and she...
she didn't buy into this.
I mean...one day her husband's an Ironman and the next day he's a...
我是說...之前他丈夫還是個鐵人,緊接著就...
...an invalid.
Brandon,Lahna,you take point on legal precedent. Brandon Lahna
Cary,you take Alicia and review anything that could undercut the class action. Cary
I don't want to win the battle and lose the war.
Use Kalinda if you need to,okay?Let's get to it.
Mrs. Demory.
No,I'm fine.
Sorry,must have had a zombie look on my face.
No,no,no.
We all need a moment.
I'm Alicia.
Right,you replaced Bree.
Nice to meet you.
Oh,this.This is what keeps us going.
Michael Graff.
He took Zennapril after a Little League game.
Jenny Hollis.She was a dancer.
Yes.
138 of them.
I...Sorry.
Just...
他們...
If we don't win,they're stuck.
Objection. Relevance. Isn't it the case, Mr. Demory,
the only reason you're not suing your doctor is because his pockets aren't as deep as my client's?
Can we have a ruling? Please,Your Honor.
Approach the bench. Get me all references
to secondary prescriptions in Ray's deposition.
Right.
Kalinda,I need you to look into this.
I'm not saying anything.I just found it.
Look,this could be anything.
a football lineup.
Yep.
We should talk to the hostess,see if anyone from the court eats here regularly.
問問老板娘,看有沒有某個法庭成員是這的???/div>
No,we should take a deep breath,show this to Diane...
不,我們應該冷靜一下,把這個給黛安...
...only spot in Chicago not stuffed full of yuppies.
...這是全芝加哥,唯一沒被新新人類占領的地方了
Been coming here three times a week...
我每星期要來3次...
I don't think we need to talk to the hostess.
看來不需要問老板娘了
I come here so often,I asked them to name a sandwich after me.
我光顧頻率這么高,想讓他們用我的名字命名一種三明治
Waitress looked me dead in the eye and said,"We don't serve ham."
結果那服務員無奈的看著我說,"我們不賣漢堡"
It could be anything.It could be just a doodle.
可能就是有人隨手畫的
We don't know.
我們無法確定
And you found it in our depositions?
你在證言箱里發現的?
Yes,but it could have been on the floor and stuck to one.
嗯,也有可能本來在地板上,不小心粘上去的
We just thought it should be brought to your attention.
但我覺得這事值得引起注意
Remember last year? Yep.
記得去年的事嗎?沒錯
Was McCloon ever cleared of that?
馬克龍一直沒擺脫這事吧?
It's still up for review.
還在審查呢
So you think we should-- what?
那你認為我們應該...?
Don't go to the judge.
別去找法官
It makes no sense.How does it end up in our depos?
太莫名其妙了,怎么會在我們的證言箱中出現
McCloon sticks it in there.
馬克龍粘在上面的
He wants a mistrial,but he wants us to go to the judge and request it.
他想要無效審判,但需要我們去跟法官說
Or he's just screwing with your head.
或者他只是想打亂你的計劃
There's another possibility.
還有另一個可能性
There's a young associate on his team-- a redhead.
他們隊里有個年輕的紅發同事
She came over and introduced herself this morning.
她今天早上來自我介紹
Said she worked as a paralegal here last summer.
說自己去年夏天在這兒當律師助理
So,what,McCloon has a whistle-blower in his midst?
你是說馬克龍隊里有人告密?
Young,idealistic junior associate sees something wrong,
不諳世事的年輕律師發現了這樣的勾當
feels bad about it,slips us a warning in our depos.I could see that.
覺得有悖道德,就在證言箱里塞個提醒,我覺得很有可能
Okay,this is what we do.
好吧,我們這樣
We do our homework and look into juror number two.
做好該做的事,同時查一下2號陪審員
And juror number 11.
還有11號
Mm-hmm.Or juror number 11.
對,也有可能是11號
We go to the judge if we have anything.
查出什么的話就去告訴法官
You don't want a mistrial,right?
你可不想要無效審判,對吧?
No. Ray was good on the stand.The jury liked him.
當然,拉伊表現的很好,陪審團愛死他了
And McCloon's defense seems to be a variation on holding his breath and threatening to turn blue.
馬克龍的辯護也不過是在,屏住呼吸和把自己憋死之間徘徊
This trial is sounding more and more fun.
這審判真是越來越有趣了
Let's see if you got a bad juror on your hands.
看看能不能抓個腐敗的陪審員
Put in for an alternate. Okay. I'll put Kalinda and Cary on it.
作為備選方案,好的,我讓凱琳達和卡里去查
Excuse me...but I'd like to do this.
不好意思...我想做這件事
Okay.
好的
Juror number two is Marilyn Wolk,a hairdresserfrom South Bridgeport.
2號陪審員叫瑪里琳·沃爾克,來自南橋港的理發師
We scored her an 85 positive on our bias scale,
她在偏向測試中,她的正偏值85
one of the highest scores we've ever given,
歷史最高分
so we believeshe's firmly in your camp.
所以她肯定不會倒戈
Now,I know that you pay me only to help select jurors,
我知道自己的工作只是選陪審員
but if I knewwhat you were after,
但我要知道你們在查什么
I could offerfurther consultation.
我就能做進一步鑒定了
No.This is good.Keep going.
不用,這樣挺好,請繼續
Uh,juror number 11 is Calvin Tober.
11號陪審員是卡爾文·托伯
He's a grad student in comparative history.
比較史學專業畢業
We scored him only a 62% positive on our bias scale--
他的正偏向值只有62%
well within the range of acceptability,
而且誤差在可接受的范圍
but we like him.
不過我們蠻喜歡他的
Being African-American,he's more prone to mistrust authority.
身為非裔美國人,他不盲從于權威
He's intelligent,but not to the point of overcoming bias.
他雖聰明,但很難克服偏見
Not like Asiansor Mexicans.
不像亞裔和墨西哥裔
We talk in racial stereotypes because you pay us to,
調查種族偏見是因為,你們付錢請我們的
and we find racial profiling works.
我們也發現了種族定性的問題
But if I'm not needed...
如果不需要我的話...
You're not needed.
我們不需要你
Thank you.
謝謝
You've got issues?
你有意見?
Paying her $100,000 for three months of high school-level psychology--
三個月付她10萬美元,就那點高中心理課水平
yeah,I guess I do have issues.
是,我的確有意見
Okay.So,what are we thinking?
好吧,接下來我們怎么辦?
Wolk worked as a rent-a-chair hair stylist,right?
沃爾克是在沙龍拿提成的發型師,是不?
Which means she only gets paid when she actually has a customer.
也就是說她攬到了顧客才有錢拿
She could have claimed financial hardship and ducked jury duty.
她本可聲稱經濟困難,拒絕當義務陪審員
So why didn't she?
為什么她沒呢?
Civic duty?
履行公民義務?
Jury tampering pays better.
收賄賂,錢來的比較多
Okay.But let's look into both.
好吧,但倆人都得調查下
Okay.
好
I hate to trouble you,
不好意思
but I'm from the next building over
我是隔壁那棟的
and the delivery man left this at my door by mistake.
郵遞員把這個誤投到我家了
Is there a Mr. Tober in the building?
有叫托伯先生的住這嗎?
I'm sorry to bother you.
不好意思打攪了
My name's Kalinda,and my husband and I were thinking of buying a home in the area.
我叫凱琳達,我和老公打算在這買房子
I can always come back later,if you know what time he gets home.
他什么時候回家呢,我可以那會兒再來
We're interested in the preschool around the corner and...
我們對街角的幼兒園很感興趣...
...or anyone else in his family.
他家還有別的人不
I just wanted to get a sense of the neighborhood.
我只想對四鄰多了解下
Tober,I think his name is.
他應該是叫,托伯
Usually,I don't like black people much,but he seems nice.
我不喜歡黑人的,但他人貌似還不錯
They're the Wolks.
那就是沃爾克的家
She's a hairdresser.
她是美發師
And he's... actually,I think he's out of work.
還有他...我想失業了吧
Oh,I'm so sorry to hear that. Mmm.
噢,真可惜
Hard times,isn't it? Mm-hmm.
經濟危機惹的啊,是不?是的
But their house is so lovely.
不過他們的房子好漂亮
Looks like they put a lot into it.
估計投進去了很多錢
Storm windows in front
前面的風雪護窗
and air-conditioning...
還有那空調...
They bought a car,too.
他們還是有車族呢
Guess they came into some money.
想必他們發了一筆
Hey,there he is now.
看,那就是他
That's the husband--Derek
她老公,德里克
.Oh,gosh!I'm sorry.I forgot--
天吶,真對不起,我忘了...
I have to meet the Realtor.
和房屋中介約好了
Thanks so much for your time.
謝謝你和我聊這么久
Objection,Your Honor.Is this really necessary?
反對,法官大人,真有必要嗎?
The Demorys are seeking damages for loss of consortium,Your Honor.
法官大人,徳莫利夫婦正在就,喪失"配偶權"要求賠償
The jury needs to understand that loss.
陪審團有必要了解喪失了什么
Counsel... Sir,the term,"consortium,"
辯護律師...閣下,"配偶權"這個術語
is not limited... I know what the term
不限于...我懂那個術語
consortium means. Counselors,please.
"配偶權"的意思是...雙方律師,請注意
I have prided myself in not using my gavel once in my 30 years on the bench...
在我三十年法官生涯中從沒捶過法槌,這讓我很驕傲...
What's going on?...but you are truly making me reconsider.
搞什么?但是你們正逼我重新考量...
What? Now,Miss Lockhart,
怎么了?洛克哈特女士,聽著
I just... overruled.
呃...反對無效
Ka-ching.
好耶
I heard you were on some hush-hush project. What is it?
聽說你接了個秘密任務,是什么呀?
It's hush-hush.
是秘密
Mrs. Demory,
徳莫利夫人
before your husband's stroke,
在你先生中風前
how often did you have sexual relations?
你們多久過一次性生活?
I don't know-I guess...twice a week.
我不清楚,大概...一周兩次
And since the stroke,how often do you have sex?
那中風后呢?
I don't know.
我不知道
Would you say it was less? Yes.Less.
次數是不是少了?是,少了
But your husbandisn't completely paralyzed from the waist down,is he?
不過你先生下半身并沒有完全癱瘓,對不對?
No.
對
No,I'm fine.I'm just...
我沒事,只是...
angry at myself for letting him get to me.
氣自己掉進了他的圈套
Well,it's hard when they treat your private life like a crime scene.
在法庭上談自己的私生活是很難受的
Yeah.But I guess there are... greater tragedies.
是啊,不過還有比那更難受的...
Alicia Florrick.
艾麗西亞·弗洛克
Ah. Alicia.
艾麗西亞
I'm glad I got you. It's Daniel.
還好接通了,我是丹尼爾
Who? Peter's lawyer.
哪位? 彼得的代理律師
Do you have a minute?
方便說話嗎?
Actually,I'm a bit busy.
現在有點忙
I was just wondering if you had a chance to look for the Kozko letters.
你能幫忙找找關于克茲克的書信嗎?
We're struggling with these weekend meetings that he had with Peter,um,last March.
我們現在糾結在三月份,他和彼得開的周末會議上
Uh,the ninth,the 16th and the 25th.
9號,16號,15號
I haven't looked yet.
我沒看到
Anything that will show that Peter did not know,going into those meetings,
任何能證明彼得,對會議內容不知情的東西
there was something untoward will help us.
說不定能對我們有幫助
uh...Alicia,um...
呃...艾麗西亞
I was chatting with the headmaster at Briarcrest on another matter,
我和Briarcrest的校長談別的事時
and he mentioned that they have scholarships for your kids.
他提到能幫你的孩子提供獎學金
Mr. Golden. Yes?
戈爾登先生,怎么了?
Don't. Please.
拜托,別那樣
Yes.I'm sorry.
好吧,很抱歉
$35,000 can buy you a lot of stuff.
3萬5千美金是一大筆錢
That's a bit tenuous,isn't it?
還是少了點吧,不是嗎?
Her husband works at McCloon's firm?
她先生在馬克龍的公司工作?
Look,I'm not saying it's a smoking gun.
我并沒有說很確定
I'm just saying that she didn't put it on her voir dire,
只是陪審員資格審查時她沒說實話
so if we wanted to get rid of her,we can.
如果我們想把她除名,是可行的
I say we bring it to Diane and see what she says,okay?
我們向黛安匯報,讓她決定,好嗎?
Thanks. Bye.
謝了,再見
Zach,give me back the remote! Zach
給我遙控器!
We've already seen this one.
這個我們不是看過了嘛
Shh. Not so loud.
噓,別這么大聲嘛
I don't hear the front door.
我沒聽到大門關上的聲音
Is she gone?
她走了沒?
Oh,I thought for sure she suspected something.
我想她一定察覺到了
Oh,yes!
噢,她走了!
Zach,give me the camera. Zach
把攝像機給我
I'm not alone in this. I am not alone in this.
這可不是我一人策劃的,可不是我一人
It wasn't even my idea!
主意都不是我出的!
Let's go!
下樓嘍!
Hurry up. Yeah.
快,好
Okay.
好了
Here we go.
烤好了
Put a lot of this on,right?
這個要放很多,是不?
Do we have sprinkles?
家里有糖屑沒?
Hurry up. She's coming back. What the heck do you do?
快點,她要回來了,你是怎么做的啊?
I don't know; it's a little too thick.
我也不知道啊,有點黏稠
All right... I'm gonna do a little surgery.
好吧...我來做點小改造
I just wanted to lay on it a little...
就是想放上去更...
you know what I mean?
那什么來著?
Straighter. Yeah,push it...
更對齊一點,好,壓一下...
I know,but it's sticking to the bottom.
可是底部粘住了
Dad,you were supposed to get rose petals already petaled,not roses.
老爸,你是要鋪玫瑰花瓣,不是整只玫瑰啊
I know,but this is what I have.
是啊,可是現在只有這些
Dad,that looks... Okay.
老爸,那也太...好了
How does tt look? That looks terrible.
看上去怎么樣?很糟糕
Oh,my gosh. That looks expensive.
噢,我的天,一定很貴吧
There goes your college education.
把你們的大學學費給搭上了
Okay,let's get ready.
好的,準備好
The day you were talking about-- the 16th--
你說的那天,16號那天
the day he was supposedly with Kozko...
原本說他和克茲克在一起...
well,he couldn't have been.
但是那不可能
He was with us the whole day.
他整天都和我們一起
Okay.I'll bring it by your office-- 30 minutes.
好,我馬上拿去你辦公室,30分鐘后見
Hey,Jackie?
嘿,杰基?
I'm heading out.
我出門下
Oh,but I'm making dinner.
可是我正做晚飯呢
That's big.
哇,好大啊
Where did thme from?
這些哪來的?
Well,it was on the doorstep.I think it's from your work.
放在門階上的,大概是你公司送來的
It's very nice of your firm,wasn't it?
你公司福利不錯啊,是不?
Uh,dear,what...
親愛的,怎么了...
Oh,dear.
噢,親愛的
Alicia,what are you doing? Alicia
你這是干嗎?
What else was in the basket?
籃子里還有什么?
I don't know. Bananas.
我不知道,香蕉
Anything else? I don't know.
還有別的嗎?我不知道
Cookies?
餅干?
Oh,good. I'm so glad.
很好,很高興
Uh... you have the tape?
呃...你找到錄像帶了嗎?
Why,yes.And something else,too.
為什么還有其他東西
A gift.
禮物
What is it?
這是什么?
Ham,iPods,some half-eaten bananas.
火腿,iPod吃了一半的香蕉
Don't you ever try to buy me.
別試圖收買我
And don't you ever try to buy my kids.You understand that?
也別試圖收買我孩子,你明白嗎?
e still working on the other juror-- juror number 11.
我們仍在調查另一個陪審員,11號陪審員
And we're not saying that juror number two was definitely bought off.
我們并沒有說2號陪審員肯定被收買了
We just think that based on appearances and the fact that it just takes one bad juror
根據這種跡象,我們認為,找出被收買的陪審員
to toss out a favorable verdict,
能夠得到有利我方的判決
we should use that as pretext to bump juror number two and put in the alternate.
我們應以此為借口擠掉2號陪審員,替換新的陪審員
They make a good point.Better to be safe than sorry.
她們的主意不錯,小心駛得萬年船
What does the jury consultant say about the alternate?
陪審團顧問對替補者有什么看法?
The alternate's a Republican.Not as good for us as the current juror.
替補陪審員是共和黨人,對我們不利
So what if juror number two wasn't bought off?
那么如果2號陪審員沒有被收買呢?
I've just replaced a good juror with a bad alternate.
我只是用一個差的陪審員替換了一個好的
So,smoke out McCloon.
那么,查一下馬克龍
Bring the potential bias to the judge,but don't insist on replacing juror two.
對法官提出這種潛在的偏向,不要直接提出替換2號陪審員
Just bring it up.And if McCloon goes crazy,you know she was bought,and fight for her expulsion.
就提一下,如果馬克龍抓狂,她肯定被收買了,就爭取把她開除
And McCloon doesn't go nuts?
如果馬克龍不抓狂呢?
Just say you were following your duty as an officer of the court.
就說你只是在盡一名法庭官員的職責
Back off.
撤退
It's your call.
你自己決定
We don't know what this means,Your Honor.
法官大人,我們不曉得這意味著什么
We just know it wasn't in juror number two's voir dire.
我們剛知道這不是2號陪審員的資格審核
I don't even look at the guards at my reception;
我甚至都不看接待我的警衛
I go straight down to the parking garage.
就直接走到停車場
I don't understand,Miss Lockhart--
我不明白,洛克哈特小姐
do you want juror number two off the jury or not?
你是想讓2號離開陪審團還是不想?
Well,we're undecided,Your Honor.
法官大人,我們也猶豫不決
We merely felt an obligation to bring it to the court's attention.
我們只是覺得有責任提醒法庭注意
Hey,if Miss Lockhart has any hesitation at all,I say let's dump her.
如果洛克哈特小姐有所猶豫,我建議讓我們換掉她
Of course,we are willing to stipulate to the fairness of this.
當然,我們希望能按規定公正處理
Let's just put in the alternate.We have no objection,Your Honor.
法官大人,那就更換替補陪審員,我們不反對
All right,fine.Juror number two is out.
很好,開除2號陪審員
We'll put in the alternate.
加入替補陪審員
We got played.
我們被耍了
What happened?
發生了什么?
It was a McCloon setup.
是馬克龍設的圈套
He put the placemat in our depos to get us to dump our best juror.
他在證言箱中放入餐盤墊紙誘使我們,開除了最利于我方的陪審員
We don't know that.
我們又不知道
McCloon didn't fight it.He welcomed it.
馬克龍沒有反對,反倒非常同意
He wanted number two off the jury. Right.
他想讓2號離開陪審團,是的
Because we were wrong.It wasn't number two.It was number 11.
因為我們錯了,不是2號,而是11號
Or it was no one.
或者根本沒有
Okay,maybe.But we find out.
好吧,也許是的,但我們會查清楚的
I don't know.We thought number two looked guilty
我不曉得,我們原以為2號看起來很內疚
because she wanted to serve on a jury.
因為她想做一名陪審員
But she was just being a good person. So?
但她只是想做個好人,所以?
So,if that X was on juror number five or eight or anyone,
所以如果那個人是5號或者是8號,又或是其他人
we would pry into their lives and we would find something,
我們就要窺探他們的生活,才能發現點什么
because from the outside people look guilty.
就因為他們看上去內疚
Yeah,and sometimes,people from the outside look guilty because they are guilty.
是的,有時候人看上去很內疚,是因為他們的確有罪
I mean,what's your point? We don't look?
我是說,你的看法?我們放棄調查?
I don't know.
我不知道
I don't like prying.
我不喜歡窺探
Then don't.Let me.
那就不要,讓我去做
Oh,thank God.
哦,謝天謝地
I hope you can help me.
我希望你能幫我一下
I just locked myself out of 4B and I left my purse inside.
我把自己鎖在4樓B座的門外了,錢包也忘在里面了
So,where's Tober? He left earlier.
托伯呢?他已經走了
Jury duty,I think.
去陪審團了
But he said to ask the super--Hey,you're Ozzie,right?
但他說過可以問物管員,你是奧齊,對嗎?
Yeah. But I've never seen you before.
是的,但我以前從未見過你
Look,I know this is awkward,okay?
聽著,我知道這很尷尬?
I met Calvin last night.
我昨晚遇到卡爾文
He let me sleep in while he went off.
他讓我進去睡會然后就走了
Please.
拜托了
I'm already so late for work.
我上班已經遲到好一會了
In our Phase I and Phase II trials,
在我們的一期和二期測試中
we never once found a causal link between Zennapril and brain stem stroke.
從未發現Zennapril會引起腦干中風
Dr. Winsor,is it possible that Mr. Demory took a wrong dosage of Zennapril for his migraine headache?
溫莎先生,有沒有可能徳莫利先生,錯服了藥的劑量導致了他的偏頭痛呢?
Well,he shouldn't have taken any Zennapril at all.
他不應該服用Zennapril
It's not indicated for headache relief.
它并不是用來緩解頭痛的
Zennapril's not approved for migraines?
Zennapril對偏頭痛沒有治療作用嗎?
No.
是的
It's a powerful drug intended only for patients suffering schizophrenia.
它是一種藥效很強的藥物,只用于緩解精神分裂患者痛苦
I want to apologize for last night.
我為昨晚的行為道歉
I sent that basket before we had our conversation.
我是在我們談話之前送的禮品籃
No one will ever send you anything again.
沒有人會再送你什么了
Thank you.
謝謝
I,uh...I don't mean to keep doing this.
我...我并不想一直麻煩你
I need to askanother favor...
我想請再幫一個忙...
regarding the videotape that you gave me.
關于你給我的那盤錄像帶
On the tape was a present-- a bracelet.
錄像帶里提到禮物,一個手鐲
I need you to look for the receipt.
我需要你去找一下收據
Why?
為什么?
I want to use the videotape to try to get Peter a new trial.
我想利用錄像帶使彼得得到重審
I think it's very effective.
我認為這會非常有效
But I'm afraid that the prosecution will suggest that the present wasn't paid for by Peter.
但我擔心控方會指出,禮物的錢并非由彼得支付
Why would they suggest that?
為什么他們會那樣?
Mrs. Florrick,as you know,technically,I don't represent you.
弗洛克夫人,如你所知,技術上來講我并不代表你
I represent your husband.
我代表你的丈夫
And so,as much as I would like to be completely forthcoming,
雖然我想要做到完全到位
in these circumstances,I don't believe I can.
但目前這種情況下,我覺得很困難
So Kozko gave Peter things,and you believe Peter regifted these things--
那么克茲克賄賂彼得了,然后彼得轉送了這些東西...
this bracelet-- to me?
這個手鐲...給我?
I can say this:
這么說吧
it would be helpful if we could find the receipt.
如果我們能找到收據將會有很大幫助
Alicia...If it's moneyyou're concerned about... Alicia
如果你擔心錢...
What?
什么?
You don't have to be so proud.
別逞強了
I know you're carrying a great deal of responsibility right now.
我知道你現在擔負著很多責任
The rent alone...
單單租金就...
Well,I just want you to know that I have more than enough room.
好吧,我只是想讓你知道,我還有多余的房間
Oh! You know,we're okay for now.
哦,我們現在很好
But thanks.
但是非常感謝
Yeah?
喂?
Kalinda? Hold on.
凱琳達?等一下
Hello?
喂?
Hi,it's Alicia. I'm returning your call.Who was that?
你好,我是艾麗西亞,已接通接你電話,請問是哪位?
Donna.
唐娜
Look,I found out something about juror number 11,Calvin Tober.
聽著,我抓到11號陪審員,卡爾文·托伯的一點料
I was talking to the super in his building,and he let me into his apartment.
我和他住所的物業管理聊了聊,他讓我進了他的公寓
Why would he let you into his apartment?
為什么他會讓你進他的公寓?
You really want to know?
你真想知道?
No.
不
Here's the thing: Tober's bank account--he just deposited$20,000 in cash.
是這樣的,托伯剛向他的銀行賬戶,存進去2萬美元現金
I think we have our bribed juror.
我想我們找到了受賄的陪審員
Yes,it's ours.
是的,是我們店里的
You lost the receipt?
你弄丟了收據?
And I need a copy for my tax records.
我需要副本作為納稅記錄
It's a beautiful piece.One of our finest.
真漂亮,本店最珍貴之一
When was it purchased?
什么時候購買的?
Um...February or March.Maybe January.
2月或3月,也許是1月
I'm sorry,you said "Florrick."
對不起,你說是"弗洛克"
I found the receipt,but it's not under Florrick.
我找到收據了,但不是弗洛克
Might it be under a different name?
也許簽了不同的名字
I'm not sure.What name do you have?
我不肯定,是什么名字?
I'm sorry,I'm not able to give out that information.
對不起,我不能提供那些信息
Could the name be Kozko?
會不會是克茲克?
I'm sorry.I'm afraid I can't give out that information.
對不起,我恐怕我不能提供那些信息
So,I tracked down Tober's ex-wife.
所以,我找到了托伯的前妻
She says he was five months behind on alimony.
她說他拖欠了5個月的贍養費
Then last week,he paid her ten grand.
然而上周他付給她1萬美元
He claims he took out a second mortgage on his house.
他聲稱他拿房屋做了第二次抵押貸款
Is that all? Tober doesn't own a house. -
就這些?托伯沒有自己的房子
Did you hear me?
你在聽我說嗎?
Yeah.Kalinda,do you know someone named Kozko?
嗯,凱琳達,你認識一個叫克茲克的人嗎?
Gerald Kozko?The Real Estate Developer. Gerald Kozko?
房地產開發商
What does he have to do with my husband?
他和我丈夫有什么關系?
I don't know-- does he have anything to do with him?
我不知道...他倆有關系嗎?
You worked at the State's Attorney's office for how long?
你在地方檢察官辦公室工作多久?
Two years.
兩年
Did you ever see anything?
你有沒有看到些什么?
Like what?
比如什么?
Payoffs,gifts-I don't know.
賄賂,送禮...我不知道
I don't even know if I want to know.
我甚至不知道我是否想知道
Look,you don't go to the State's Attorney's Office to find saints.
聽著,地方檢察官辦公室無廉潔之人
I'll get back to you about Tober.
我會再和你說托伯的
If his payoff's $35,000,then McCloon owes himanother $15,000.
如果他的回報是3萬5千美元,那么馬克龍會得到剩下的15000
My guess is he gets it before deliberations.
我想他會在陪審團審議之前得到
That's at the end of today.
陪審團審議今天結束
I better rush then.
我最好快點
Objection,Your Honor!
反對,法官大人
This is a research document,not promotional material.
這是研究文件,不是宣傳材料
Overruled.
反對無效
Then let me continue quoting:
那么我繼續引用
"Primary outcome for Zennapril include a 40% reduction in the average frequencies of migraines."
"Zennapril的主要療效指標,包括減少40%的偏頭痛平均發病率"
We test drugs for all possible outcomes.
我們測試了各種可能的結果
It doesn't mean that we recommend them.
這并不意味著我們推薦他們
Could you please tell the court...
請你告訴法庭...
what this is,Doctor?
這是什么,醫生?
Objection.We haven't seen this.
反對,我們沒看過這個
Discovery materials,item 469.I'll help you,sir.
469號項目,發現材料,我來幫你,先生
This document is an application to the EMEA,
這是一份遞交歐洲藥品管理局申請文件
seeking approval to market Zennapril in Europe as a migraine medication.
要求批準Zennapril作為,治療偏頭痛藥物在歐洲市場銷售
Am I correct?
我說的對嗎?
Yes.
是的
Filed 20 months ago.
20個月前遞交的
Dr. Winsor,would you please tell the court whose signature is on this application?
溫莎先生你能告訴法庭,這份文件是誰簽署的嗎?
Uh,my signature.
我
No further questions,Your Honor.
法官大人,沒有其他問題了
Then that concludes the trial testimony.We'll finish the day with summations and jury instructions,
舉證到此結束,接下來進行總結辯論和陪審團審議
and then ladies and gentlemen of the jury,the trial moves into your hands.
陪審團的各位先生和女士,審判將由你們決定
And she's sure it was a payoff?
她確信是賄賂?
No. She saw an envelope exchange hands,
不,她看到他們交換信封了
but she doesn't know what was inside the envelope.
但她不知道信封里是什么
And she didn't see the driver?
她看到司機了嗎?
No. She saw a dark green SUV.
沒有,她看見是一輛墨綠色的越野車
Uh,Kalinda saw a partial plate-J15.
凱琳達看到了部分車牌號,J15開頭
She's running it now,crossing it with make and model,but that could take a while.
她正在找那輛車,車牌,型號,但需要一點時間
Start with McCloon's legal team.
從馬克龍的律師團隊開始
Oh,I don't know.The jury's already deliberating.
我不知道,陪審團已經在審議了
They've sent word to the judge they may have a verdict by today.
他們已經告訴法官,可能在今天做出裁定
So if we pull the trigger,we do it now.
那么如果我們要反擊,現在就得著手
DIANE: I'd have to bring the judge everything.
我已經向法官暗示一切了
The place mat,the $35,000,the alimony.
餐盤墊紙,35000美元的贍養費
You request another juror now,it'd be a definite mistrial.
你現在要求更換另一位陪審員,這將會是一場無效審判
But I feel like the jury was with me.
但我感覺陪審團站在我這邊
I mean,the summation-- they were nodding.
我做總結辯論的時候,他們都在點頭
They want to give this to us.
他們想判我們贏
Yes,unless Juror11 torpedoes it.Either way,we're risking a mistrial.
是的,除非11號托伯的確受賄了,不然我們會冒著無效審判的風險
Damn. This is roulette.This isn't law.
該死,這是賭運氣,不是法律
We're talking about a felony crime here; we have an obligation.
我們可是在處理重罪案,我們是有義務的
The judge wants you in chambers.
法官讓你去會議室
This should be interesting.
這下有趣了
In the next ten minutes,we're going to figure something out.
10分鐘內,我們要弄清楚一些事
You're Honor,I would like to request a private meeting. Your Honor,may I please...?
法官大人,我想請求一次私人會談,法官大人,我可以...
In the meantime,I would like silence.
同時,請安靜
Not McCloon silence,not Lockhart silence,just silence.
不是要馬克龍安靜,不是要洛克哈特安靜,是大家都安靜
Unless I point to you,you will not speak.
除非我允許,否則不要說話
Your Honor? Sergeant Largon!
法官大人? 拉貢警官!
Sergeant,come in,please.
警官,請進
And wait right there.
在那等著
Anyone who speaks without my permission will be held in contempt.
任何人未經我允許說話,將被指控輕蔑法庭罪
Now,the jury has reached a verdict.
陪審團已經做出裁定
I'm holding that verdict until we settle an issue that has arisen.
等提出的問題被解決,我再公布結果
The foreman has approached me about being followed by someone from one of your legal teams.
一位陪審團領頭向我反應,說被你們一方跟蹤
Who would that be?
是誰?
You may speak.
你說
Your Honor,we have reason to believe that Mr. McCloon bribed one of the jurors.
法官大人,我們有理由相信馬克龍先生,賄賂了其中一位陪審員
We intended to bring these charges to Your Honor,
我們打算向您告知這事,法官大人
but first,we wanted to be certain of our information.
但首先,我們要確定消息的可靠性
And so you had one of the jurors followed?
所以你們就跟蹤了其中一位陪審?
Your Honor,I am stunned.
法官大人,我深感意外啊
Mr. McCloon,without the outrage,please.
馬克龍先生,請勿憤慨
Clearly,Miss Lockhart has nothing solid,and she's trying to torpedo this verdict before it comes in.
顯然,洛克哈特小姐無憑無據,她只是企圖破壞陪審團裁定結果
She's worried it won't go in her favor.
她擔心結果不是她之所愿
All right,Miss Lockart,I am holding you in contempt.
好吧,洛克哈特小姐,我判你輕蔑法庭
You owe the legal defense fund $80,000 to be paid no later than Friday of next week.
在下周五前繳納8千美金法定防務基金
And I think I am damn well owed an apology.
我覺得,你該向我道個歉
I did not point to you.
我沒允許你說話
That'll be $10,000,Mr. McCloon.
你要被罰1萬美金,馬克龍先生
Now...
現在
we are all going back into that courtroom,
我們全部回到法庭
and we are all living with this verdict.
一起去接受這個判決結果
If you have evidence of jury tampering,
如果你們有評審員受賄的證據
Miss Lockhart,take it up on appeal.
洛克哈特小姐,請將證據呈堂
Too many people have selflessly invested their time for your playground tactics to throw this into a mistrial.
太多人無私地投入時間,而你的游戲手段將使之變成無效審判
Now,that's it.
現在,就這么定了
Ladies and gentleman of the jury,have you reached a verdict?
陪審團的女士先生們,你們做出裁定了嗎?
Yes,Your Honor.
是的,法官大人
And what is your verdict?
請說出裁定結果
"We,the jury,find for Raymond Demory
我們陪審團,做出對雷蒙德·徳莫利,有利的判決
"and against "the defendant Zennapril Pharmaceutical.
反對被告Zennapril制藥公司
"And we assess damages in the sum of $800,000 "in compensatory damages
要求支付補償性損害賠償總計80萬美元
and three million in punitive damages."
以及懲罰性賠償300萬美元
Thank you for your service to the State of Illinois.
謝謝你為伊利諾斯州服務
The jury is dismissed.
陪審團可以解散
Court adjourned.
休庭
Settle,and I won't pursue an appeal.
完事了,我不會再接受上訴了
I still have my class action clients.
我那還有集體上訴的委托人呢
Right. I'll get you some numbers by the end of the day.
很好,結束那天我會告訴你一些數據
So,we were wrong?
難道我們錯了?
It happens.
事實在那了
People sometimes just look guilty.
有人只是表面看上去有罪
Alicia?
艾麗西亞?
Thank you.
謝謝你
Oh,it was...it was all Diane.
這都是...黛安的功勞
I want you to have something.
我想給你些東西
These are the people that you helped today.
這些是你們今天幫助的人的資料
Thanks again.
再次感謝
It really is amazing.
真是太棒了
Is it? Yes.
是嗎?是啊
Ever been to The Hungry Kitten?
你去過"小饞貓"嗎?
The restaurant?
那個餐館?
Sure. Ray loves it.
當然去過,拉伊喜歡那里
And you borrowed our deposition books?
你借過我們的證言箱?
Yes.Why?
是啊,為何這么問?
Diane wanted us to look through Ray's earlier statements.
黛安要我們查閱拉伊之前的陳述
You didn't have to do it.
你沒必要那么做的
You would have won.
你肯定勝訴的
We did win.
我們確實勝訴了
They bribed the foreman.
他們收買了領頭的
Our clients did.
我們的委托人做的
They drive a dark green SUV.
他們開那輛墨綠色越野車
Their license plate prefix is J15.
車牌號前面是J15
There was no whistle-blower.
沒有人告發他們
Our clients bribed the jury.
我們委托人收買了陪審員
Maybe. No. It's true.
也許吧,不,這是真的
We need to bring this to the judge.
我們需要告訴法官
We already did.
我們已經說了
We brought our suspicions to the judge,and he overruled us.
我們告訴法官我們的懷疑,他反駁了我們的判斷
Yes,but now we know.
是啊,但現在事情清楚了
We fulfilled our oblion under.
我們已經履行了法律義務
It's wrong.
這樣是錯的
No.
不
We follow the law,Alicia.
我們只是依法辦事,艾麗西亞
Sometimes it's wrong,sometimes it's right,
有時是錯的,有時是對的
but we always follow the law.
但我們總是依法辦事
And today,you helped a lot of people in pain find justice.
今天,你為許多活在痛苦中的人,尋求了正義
How are you doing?
你還好嗎?
Good.
還好
I hear that work is going well.
聽說工作很順利
It is. It's good.
是的,不錯
You sound like Grace.
你說話怎么和格蕾絲似的
"How's school?" "Good.""How are your teachers?" "Good."
"在學校過的好嗎?""不錯""老師好嗎?""不錯"
Are you having fun?
你過的開心嗎?
That's the most important thing.
這是我最關心的
Fun as Disneyland.
像玩迪士尼一樣開心
Well,I'm... I'm,uh...
那好,我...
I'm glad you're making a life for yourself.It gives you a break from this whole...
我很高興你自己過得很好,讓你能夠喘息于所有這些...
situation.
事情
Right,Daniel?
丹尼爾,說吧?
Alicia can handle herself,I know that.
艾麗西亞能照顧好自己,我很清楚
So...
那么...
Daniel and I wanted to talk to you about something.
丹尼爾和我想與你談一些事
Alicia,um,we've been going over our appeal strategy,and,um...
艾麗西亞,我們已經擬定上訴方案,嗯...
...we need you to do something that we didn't expect.
我們想讓你幫些忙,原本沒想過要這樣
We need you to testify.
我們想讓你出庭作證
I'm sorry,but we have gone over this every which way we could,and...
抱歉,我們已列出所有可能方案,但...
We need you to say on the stand when you found out about the affair,
我們想讓你說明,你何時發現這件事的
so that we can show at Peter was lying to protect you.
以便證明彼得沒說實話,是為了保護你
Oh,um,from the affair.
不受這件事的傷害
Well,I mean,it's Bill Clinton all over again.
其實,這是又一起"比爾·克林頓的緋聞案"
Remember what we used to say about him?They were using sex to crucify him.
記得我們怎么談論他的嗎?別人用性丑聞逼他下臺
They're doingexactly the same thing to me.
我現在也承受同樣遭遇
Crucifying you?
逼你下臺?
Alicia,we need you to do this. Alicia
我們需要你幫這個忙
I wouldn't ask you if I didn't need it.
如果沒必要,我不會讓你這樣做的
Will you testify?
你會作證嗎?