Hey, I read that someone invented a way to convert your footsteps into electromagnetic energy so you can charge your cell phone while walking.
嘿,我看到有人發明了一種辦法,可以將走路的能量轉化成電磁能。這樣就一邊走一邊能給手機充電了。
We had that idea years ago. How come we never did anything with it?
我們幾年前就想到了這主意。怎么就沒有進一步研究呢?
Probably because we left the diagram of it in the restaurant, and none of us wanted to walk back.
也許是因為我們把圖落在了餐廳,沒一個愿意走回去取。
I know the real reason you never made progress with that idea. You thought of it September 22,2007.
我知道你不進一步研究的真正原因。你是在2007年9月22日想到的。
Two days later, Penny moved in, and so much blood rushed to your genitals, your brain became a ghost town.
兩天后 Penny搬了進來,你的血液都跑去生殖器了,所以大腦就空了。
That's not what happened.
不是這么回事。
I remember it distinctly because I had just composed my annual poem commemorating the anniversary of Dr. Seuss's death.
我記得很清楚,是因為我剛寫完每年一次紀念蘇斯博士逝世周年的詩歌。
No one wants to hear it. Why, die. Why did he die? Old, told. I was told he was old.
沒人想聽。為什么會死?為什么他會死?老了,說了。我聽說他老了。
Penny is not the reason I didn't pursue that idea.
Penny不是我沒有深入研究的原因。
Oh, really? Since meeting her, what have been your greatest accomplishments?
真的?那認識她以后,你最大的成就是什么?
Easy. Sleeping with Penny.
簡單。和Penny上床。
Getting Penny to go back out with him after she dumped him.
在Penny甩了他之后,把她爭取了回來。
Tricking Penny into getting engaged.
騙Penny訂婚。
And a few weeks ago, he almost did a pull-up.
幾個星期前,他差點做成一個引體向上。
I think someone owes me an apology.
我覺得有人該道歉。
Well, don't feel bad. I think we've all been distracted since the girls entered our lives.
別自責。我覺得在姑娘們進入我們生活后,我們都被分神了。
You admit Amy's a distraction?
你承認Amy讓你分神了?
Oh, very much so. Listen to this. This is from two days ago. "Hi. Hope you're having a good day." Who has time for this constant sexting?
太分神了。聽聽這個,兩天前收到的:"嗨,希望你今天愉快。"有誰會一直這樣短信調情?
Well, maybe we have lost our focus.
也許我們分散了注意力。
It wouldn't kill us to get together and brainstorm ideas.
再聚到一起進行頭腦風暴也不是件壞事。
Ooh, we could have one of those retreats.
哦,我們可以來一次靜思。
Like our own science retreat.
我們獨特的科學靜思。
My cousin has a cabin out in the woods.
我表哥在森林里有個小木屋。
I'm not going to a cabin in the woods. Did you see the movie Cabin in the Woods?
我可不去森林里的小木屋。你沒看過《林中小屋》"嗎?
Then we'll go to a hotel. A hotel? Did you see The Shining?
那我們就去酒店。酒店?沒看過《閃靈》嗎?
We could go up to Big Bear and get a house on the lake. Did you see The Lake House?
我們可以北上去大熊湖,找個湖畔小屋。你沒看過《湖邊小屋》?
Nothing bad happens in The Lake House.
《湖邊小屋》里又沒發生什么壞事。
Yeah, well, no, not to them. To me. Time traveling mailbox. The only time that traveled was an hour and half of my life down the toilet.
對他們是沒壞事,對我有。什么穿越時空的信箱。對我來說穿越的就只是我穿梭進糞坑里的那一個半小時。
Fine. Then we'll just stay here and do it. Well, you didn't suggest a beach house.
好吧,那我們就留在這里好了。你還沒提議海邊小屋呢。
You would go to a beach house? Well, good Lord, no...have you seen Jaws?
你想去海邊小屋?天啊,當然不想... 沒看過《大白鯊》嗎?
Hey. Hey. So, the guys and I are talking about having kind of a science retreat this weekend. I just wanted to know if that's okay.
嘿。嘿。我和兄弟們討論,想要在這個周末做個科學靜思。只是想問問你可以嗎。
You and I had talked about going to brunch on Sunday...Want to go to Vegas this weekend? Of course I do.
我們本來說好星期天一起吃早午餐的...周末想去拉斯維加斯嗎?當然想去。
Bernadette? Girl's weekend. Vegas. You in? Hell, yeah! Yes!
Bernadette呢?女生周末去維加斯,一起嗎?當然啦!一起去!
I'll check flights. I'll check hotels.
我來查機票。我來查酒店。
I'll check my underpants. I'm so excited, I think I peed.
我來查內褲,我可能興奮到尿褲子了。
They seem okay with it.
她們好像不反對。
Hey. Hey. Hey. I didn't think you'd make it. Why not?
嘿。嘿。嘿,我還以為你來不了呢。為什么?
Well, 'cause you have a steady girlfriend now, and we assumed you'd have to stay home to lower the food down to her in the pit.
因為你現在有了固定女朋友,所以我們覺得你得待在家里,陪她做點飯后運動。
For your information, Emily is working tonight.
那我得告訴你,Emily今晚要干活。
Yeah, one would assume, on getting out of the pit.
是啊,要結束"運動"也是蠻拼的呢。
Okay, let's focus. The girls are gone, we have 48 hours. There are no distractions. Let's change the world.
好了,集中注意力。姑娘們走了,我們有48個小時。沒人能讓我們分神,一起改變世界吧。
Thinking caps on. Here we go. Ooh, this is exciting. We're innovating. I feel like we're in the Facebook movie.
思考狀態啟動。我們開始。哦,太興奮了。我們在創新。感覺就像在演《臉書》電影。
Oh. I never saw that. Yeah. Really?
我沒看過。不是吧?
Oh. It's wonderful, and I swear I'm not saying that because Justin Timberlake is in it.
哦。超好看的,而且我發誓不是因為男神賈斯汀?汀布萊克參演了才這么說的。
Yeah, I have it on Blu-ray. We should watch it. Cool. I'll make the popcorn.
我有藍光盤。我們應該看看。好。我做點爆米花。
Guys...in 30 seconds, we went from "Let's change the world" to "Let's watch TV."
各位...過了30秒,我們就從"一起改變世界"變成"一起看電影"了。
I'm sorry. Is that a "no"?
抱歉,你是說“不看”嗎?
Okay. No. Leonard's right. We're here to focus.
好吧,不看了。Leonard說得對,我們得集中精力。
Didn't we used to have a list of all our ideas? I...I think I still have it.
我們以前不是有點子清單嗎?我好像還留著。
I did not get a clear answer. I'm gonna set this down now. Ah, here it is.
我還沒聽到明確答復,所以我先把光盤放下。找到了。
Whoa. I haven't looked at these in years. "Robot girlfriend."
哇哦。我好多年都沒看過了。"機器人女友"。
Mm, that was mine. "Robot prostitute." Also mine.
是我的主意。"機器人妓女"。還是我的。
Wait. I'm confused. Why would you need both a robot girlfriend and a robot prostitute?
等等,我有點奇怪。你為什么會想要機器人女友又要機器人妓女呢?
There's just some things you don't do with your robot girlfriend.
因為有些“事情”你沒法跟機器人女友做。
Boy, when you met Bernadette, the field of robotics really took a hit.
兄弟,你遇到Bernadette之后,機器人研究領域受到了重創啊。
Okay, let's just skip all the inventions you can have sex with.
好吧,我們就跳過那些能"搞"的發明。
All right, no...here we go: "Ergonomic heated seat cushion" No, it vibrates. Keep going.
好吧... 有了:"符合人體工程學的加熱坐墊"。那個會震動。接著翻。
You know, let's just come up with something new. You know, a number of significant innovations have been inspired by science fiction.
好吧,我們還是想些新點子吧。要知道,相當一部分的偉大創新,都是從科幻作品里找到的靈感。
The...the geosynchronous satellite from Arthur C.Clarke.
地球同步人造衛星是借鑒了Arthur C. Clarke的作品。
The Motorola flip phone...that came from Star Trek.
摩托羅拉翻蓋手機... 借鑒了"星際迷航"。
Yeah, and I've long suspected that the idea of an AfricanAmerican President was stolen from the movie Deep Impact.
我已經懷疑了很久,一個非洲裔美國人當總統這主意是從《天地大沖撞》里偷來的。
Hey, the future they show in Back to the Future II is only a year away. A lot of the things in that movie haven't been invented yet.
嘿,他們在《回到未來2》里說的未來就是明年。那電影里面有好多東西還沒發明出來呢。
How cool would that be if we could make one of those a reality?
如果我們能把其中一個在現實中制造出來有多棒呀?
If we could figure out the scientific basis for Marty's hover board, that would have universal application.
如果我們能弄明白馬蒂懸浮滑板的科學理論依據,就能在全世界投入應用了。
Well, it's...it's possible at absolute zero, but we would have to remove the temperature restrictions.
這東西... 只適用于絕對零度,但我們得想辦法解決溫度的限制。
Oh, I have an idea. I think I have the same one.
我有個主意。我覺得我也想到了。
We got to watch Back to the Future II! I'll make the popcorn.
我們得看一遍《回到未來2》!我去做爆米花。
So, where should we go first? Ooh. There's a cover band in the lounge. Nah.
我們先去哪里?哦,酒吧有翻唱樂隊表演。不去。
But they play Barry Manilow. No. But they're called "Fairly Manilow""
但他們唱的是巴瑞?曼尼洛的歌。不去。但他們叫"酷似曼尼洛"。
Oh. Okay. Great! No! Well, what do you want to do?
好吧。太好了!不去!那你想干什么?
Well, we're in Vegas. I want to go downstairs, get a bucket of margaritas, dance until I vomit all over a roulette wheel and watch it go everywhere.
我們在維加斯。我想去樓下,來一大杯瑪格麗特雞尾酒,跳舞跳到吐在輪盤賭桌上,然后看它飛濺四方。
What if we don't want to vomit?
如果我們不想吐呢?
Oh, you will. That's why they give you the bucket. Uh-oh. What?
你會吐的,所以他們才賣一大杯。糟糕。怎么了?
It's my boss. They moved my field ride up to Monday.
我老板來短信,他們把我的現場實習提前到了周一。
What does that mean?
那是什么意思?
It means instead of having a week to study, I only have two days.
就意味著我沒有一個星期可以看材料了,只有兩天。
That sucks. Can you start in the morning?
太糟糕了。你能早上再看嗎?
Uh, it's kind of a lot. You know, let me do a little tonight, and I'll catch up with you guys later.
有很多東西要看。好吧,我今晚看一些,晚點再和你們一起玩。
You sure? Yeah, it's okay. Go ahead. So, um, now that Penny's not coming...We're not seeing Fairly Manilow. Okay.
你確定嗎?沒關系的,你們去吧。現在Penny不去了...我們不去看"酷似曼尼洛" 好吧。
Hold on. Pause. Something doesn't make sense.
等等,暫停。有地方不對勁。
Look...In 2015, Biff steals the sports almanac and takes the time machine back to 1955, to give it to his younger self.
你們看...2015年,Biff偷了運動年鑒,然后拿了時光機器回到1955年,就為了把年鑒給年輕的自己。
But as soon as he does that, he changes the future, so the 2015 he returns to would be a different 2015, not the 2015 that Marty and Doc were in.
但一旦他這么做了,他就改變了未來。所以他回到的那個2015年就是個不一樣的2015年,而不是Marty和博士在的2015年了。
This is Hot Tub Time Machine all over again.
這和《熱浴盆時光機》完全一樣。
If future Biff goes back to 2015 right after he gives young Biff the almanac, he could get back to the 2015 with Marty and Doc in it.
如果未來的Biff一把年鑒交給年輕Biff就回2015年的話,他就能回到有Marty和博士的那個2015年。
Because it wasn't until his 21st birthday that 1955 Biff placed his first bet.
因為,1955年的Biff是到了21歲生日的時候才賭了第一次。
Wait. Whoa, whoa. Is "placed" right? What do you mean?
等等,等等。用"賭了"不對吧?你是什么意思?
Is "placed" the right tense for something that would have happened in the future of a past that was affected by something from the future?
用"賭了"來形容本該在被未來某物影響的過去的未來發生的事情 時態對嗎?
Had will have placed? That's my boy.
在未來的過去的未來賭了?干得漂亮。
Okay, so, it wasn't until his 21st birthday that Biff had will have placed his first bet and made his millions. That's when he altered the timeline.
好吧,1955年的Biff是到了21歲生日的時候,才在未來的過去的未來賭了第一次賺了百萬。那時候他才改變了時間線。
Yeah, but he had will haven't placed it! What? !
沒錯,但他沒有在過去的未來的過去賭!什么?!
Unlike Hot Tub Time Machine, this couldn't be more simple.
和《熱浴盆時光機》不同,這個簡直太簡單了。
When Biff gets the almanac in 1955, the alternate future he creates isn't the one in which Marty and Doc Brown ever use the time machine to travel to 2015.
當Biff在1955年拿到了年鑒,他創造的未來就不是Marty和Brown博士會用時光機器去的2015年。
Therefore, in the new timeline, Marty and Doc never brought the time machine...W Wait.
因此在新的時間線里,Marty和Doc從來沒有帶過來那個時間機器...等... 等等。
Is "brought" right?
“帶來”?
Marty and Doc never had have had brought?
Marty和Doc從來沒有過已經帶來過?
I don't know. You did it to me.
我不知道。你剛才就這么給我挑刺來著。
Oh, I'm going with it. Marty and Doc never had have had brought the time machine to 2015.
哦,那就這么用了。Marty和Doc從來沒有過已經把時間機器帶到2015年。
That means 2015 Biff could also not had have had brought the almanac to 1955 Biff.
那就意味著,2015年的BIff也沒有過已經帶給1955年的Biff過年鑒。
Therefore, the timeline in which 1955 Biff gets the almanac is also the timeline in which 1955 Biff never gets the almanac.
所以,在1955年Biff得到年鑒的時間線,也同樣是沒有得到年鑒的1955年的Biff所在的時間線。
And not just "never gets." Never have, never hasn't, never had have hasn't.
并且還不僅僅是“沒有得到”,從來沒有過,沒有不是過,從來沒有沒有過。
He's right. Also, what kind of name is Biff? Sounds like when you pop open a can of Pillsbury dough. Biff.
他說得對。而且,Biff是什么鬼名字?聽起來像開裝面團罐子的聲音。嗶夫。
Oh, that stuff is so good wrapped around cocktail weenies.
喔,那東西卷上維也納迷你香腸,簡直是人間美味。
Guys...Do you know that the word "wiener" comes from the German name of the Austrian capital Vienna, or "Wien"?
又來了...你們知道“維也納香腸”這個詞來自于德語中的奧地利首都Vienna,或是“Wien”?
Do you know if you look at Austria on a map it actually looks like a wiener?
你知不知道奧地利的地圖看起來就像是一個雞雞?
Guys, what are we doing? W We sent the girls away so we could focus.
伙計們,我們在干嘛啊?我們把姑娘們都打發走了,這樣我們就能專注一點。
I don't think it worked.
好像沒用。