Have you guys heard about this research team that's trying to transgenically manipulate chicken DNA to create some sort of chicken dinosaur?
你們有沒有聽說,有個研究小組試圖對雞的DNA進行轉基因處理,創造出一種雞恐龍之類的東西?
Oh, I think that sounds wonderful.
哦,我覺得這很棒。
What? You're afraid of both dinosaurs and chickens.
什么?你既怕恐龍又怕雞啊。
Yes, but tell me a dinosaur chicken salad sandwich wouldn't hit the Mesozoic spot.
對啊,但別告訴我一個恐龍雞沙拉三明治沒有中生代的感覺。
Hey, guys. Hey. Hello.
嘿,各位。你好呀。
We still on for tomorrow night? Yeah. I'm excited to finally meet your girlfriend.
明晚安排沒變吧?當然。終于能見到你女朋友了,我很興奮。
Yeah, oh, and speaking of which. According to a recent study out of Oxford University, when someone takes on a new romantic partner, that person loses one or two close friends.
是呀。說到這個,根據牛津大學最近的一項研究,每當一個人有了新的浪漫對象,就會失去一到兩個親密朋友。
Since when do you read social science?
你什么時候開始讀社會科學的東西了?
I go to the bathroom like everybody else.
我跟其他人一樣,上廁所也會看本書啊。
Why would I lose friends just because I started dating someone? Yeah, you didn't lose anyone when you met Amy.
為什么我談戀愛就會失去朋友呢?對呀,你和Amy談上的時候就沒失去朋友。
Yeah, well, no, the study refers to romantic partners. Not the way I would categorize the two of us.
是沒有。但研究說的是浪漫對象。我和Amy可不屬于這個范疇。
You guys kiss and hold hands. I've seen him do it. It's not romantic.
可你們也會接吻牽手啊。我看到他怎么做的,一點都不浪漫。
Look, I'm not the kind of guy who drops his friends just because he's in a relationship.
聽著,我不是那種重色輕友的家伙。
What happens if she doesn't like us?
如果她不喜歡我們怎么辦?
Well, hey, you're my dear friends. You'll get a Christmas card for a couple of years, and then you're dead to me.
嘿,你們是我的好朋友。剛開始幾年你們會收到圣誕卡片之后就會徹底不聯系了。
So, Howard, is Stuart still living with your mom?
Howard,Stuart還和你媽媽住一起嗎?
I don't want to talk about it. But he's going to. - My mom got him cable!
我不想談這個話題。但他馬上就會吐槽了。- 我媽幫他裝了有線!
In my whole life, growing up in that house...no cable.
我從小到大這么多年... 也沒有線看。
Do you know how many HBOs that leech had my mother get him? Seven. Seven HBOs. Seven!
你知道那螞蝗讓我媽給他裝了幾個HBO臺?七個。七個HBO臺。七個!
Long story short, they have seven HBOs.
長話短說,他們裝了七個HBO臺。
Hey, guys. - Hey. - Hello.
嘿,各位。- 嘿。- 你好。
Emily, you know almost everybody here. - Hi. This is Leonard, this is Penny.
Emily,大多數你都認識了。- 嗨。這是Leonard,這是Penny。
Oh, it's so nice to meet you. - Nice to finally meet you, too.
見到你很高興。- 彼此彼此。
Hi. -Hello. Well, Raj, you were not lying about her. I told you she exists.
嗨。-你好。Raj,她的事你沒騙我們呀。我就說她是真人。
Hey, I hear you're a dermatologist.
嘿,我聽說你是皮膚科醫生。
Uh, yeah, I'm a resident at Huntington Hospital.
對,我Huntington醫院做實習醫生。
Oh, I like their emergency room. Yeah, even if it turns out you don't have Dengue fever, they still let you take a lollipop.
我喜歡他們的急救室。沒錯,哪怕你沒查出得登革熱,他們還是會給棒棒糖吃。
You know, Penny just started training to be a pharmaceutical sales rep. Maybe she can practice on you some time.
要知道,Penny剛開始接受醫藥銷售代表的培訓。也許她能和你練習一下。
Oh, it would be great to practice on a real doctor. Yeah. I'm sure that'd be fine.
我想在真正的醫生身上試手會比較好。我想應該沒問題的。
I have some odd freckles on my buttocks. Can I make an appointment for you to look at them?
我屁股上長了些奇怪的斑點。我能預約個時間讓你幫忙看看嗎?
Um...okay, I guess.
呃... 我想可以吧。
I'm with him three years, nothing. She's with two minutes, and he's taking his pants off.
我和他在一起三年,什么都沒看著。她才來了兩分鐘,他就想脫褲子了。
Last night was fun. What did you think of Emily?
昨晚真有趣。你覺得Emily怎么樣?
I don't know. I kind of got the sense she didn't like me.
我不知道。我有種感覺,她不喜歡我。
Did she say she didn't like you?
她說不喜歡你了嗎?
Of course not. No one ever says they don't like you straight to your face.
當然沒說。沒人會當著對方的面說不喜歡她。
We have led different lives.
我們的經歷太不一樣了。
You guys just met. Why would she feel that way?
你們剛認識,她怎么會那么想?
It's just this vibe I got. I'm sure you're worried about nothing.
我就是有這種感應。肯定是你想太多了。
Yeah. You're probably right. I used to think my high school P.E. teacher didn't like me, but it turned out, she liked me a little too much.
是,也許你說得對。我以前覺得高中體育老師不喜歡我,結果卻是她太過喜歡我了。
Really? Yeah. It was fine. We went to a Melissa Etheridge concert, I got an A, it all worked out.
真的?對呀。不過沒事。我們一起聽了Melissa Etheridge的音樂會,我拿了A。結果都是好的。
When you go to Emily's office to practice, you'll see. It's fine.
等你去Emily辦公室練習的時候,就會發現沒事的。
Yeah, I hope you're right.
我希望你是對的。
You really went your entire life without anyone saying "I hate you" to your face? Yeah.
你真的這輩子都沒遇到別人當面說"我討厭你"?對呀。
I'd say it now, but look at those cheekbones.
我現在很想說,但你的顴骨太可愛了。
I miss Stuart's place. All this loud music and exposed brick. What, is this a comic book store, or a rave at the third little pig's house?
我好想念Stuart的店。吵雜的音樂和暴露在外的墻磚。這到底是個漫畫店還是第三只小豬磚房里的派對啊?
Yup, I wish Stuart would reopen. I hate this place, too.
我真希望Stuart能重新開張。我也討厭這個地方。
Okay, him I believe because he's an 80-year-old man in a 15-year-old's T-shirt.
好吧,我相信他說的話,因為他是個穿著青少年T恤的懷舊老頭子。
But you're just upset about Stuart and your mom and all their HBOs.
但你只是在生Stuart、你媽媽和那些HBO有線電視臺的氣。
Yes, I am. You know, I can't even watch Game of Thrones now without thinking of mother saying, "Stuart, which one is Thrones?"
是的。我現在甚至在看"權利的游戲"時,腦海里都有我媽的吼聲:"Stuart,誰是權利啊?"
You know, he might not reopen. He didn't get a lot of money from the insurance company.
他可能不會重新開張了。他沒從保險公司那拿到多少錢。
Oh, boy, if there is one thing that gets my goat, those dad-gum insurance companies.
我的天,只有一樣東西能讓我火大的話,那就是那幫該死的保險公司。
Why? Because they won't get off your lawn?
為什么?因為他們整天煩你嗎?
Oh, is Stuart trying to get a loan, or-or find investors?
哦,那Stuart有沒有試著去貸款,或者...或者找投資商?
All I know is, he's got my mother buying four-ply toilet paper. I mean, four-ply.
我只知道他讓我媽給他買了超厚衛生紙。真的,四層加厚的。
If his butt is so delicate, why doesn't he just use an angora rabbit?
他的屁股如此嬌嫩,為什么不買只長毛兔擦屁股?
For starters, they shed and bite.
首先,它們會掉毛還會咬人。
Hey, here's a thought. Why don't we put up the rest of the money that Stuart needs?
嘿,我有個辦法。我們幾個人湊錢補上Stuart還需要的資金吧?
So, we'd be, like, owners of a comic book store?
這樣,我們就是漫畫書店的股東了?
It's kind of a dream come true. That does sound fun.
有種夢想成真的感覺。聽起來真不錯。
Ooh, maybe we could come up with a business plan to compete with this place.
噢,說不定我們還可以制定商業計劃,來和這家店競爭。
I'll give you a plan right now. Step one: open comic book store.
我現在就給你制定計劃。第一步:開一家漫畫書店。
Step two: start rumor this comic book store gives you genital warts.
第二步:開始散播謠言:這家書店會讓你得生殖器疣。
Step three: buy a big bag to put the money in. It's not that bad.
第三步:買個大袋子裝錢。這主意還不賴。
Hey. - Hi. Thank you so much for letting me practice my sales pitch on you. I really appreciate it. -Sure.
嘿。- 嗨。太感謝你了,能讓我在你這練習推銷。真的很感謝。-沒事。
Um, I brought coffee. I wasn't sure what you like, so I got a regular, a cappuccino and a Chai tea.
嗯,我買了咖啡。我不知道你喜歡什么,所以我買了普通的,卡布奇諾的,還有香料茶。
Since you like Raj, I thought you might be into that.
你喜歡Raj,我想你可能會喜歡香料茶。
Thanks. If we could get started. I'm a little busy.
謝謝。我們可以開始了吧,我有點忙。
Oh, yeah, sure. Let me just get out my materials.
好的,當然。我先把材料拿出來。
Leonard gave me this briefcase. He used to carry it around in high school. You can still see the dent where they whacked him with it.
這公文包是Leonard送給我的,他以前在高中背的。你還能看到包上的凹痕,人家拿這包砸他留下的。
Okay, I would like to talk to you about our new birth control pill, Femevra. Great.
好吧,我給你介紹我們的新避孕藥,氟美弗拉。不錯。
So, Femevra's triphasic design provides balanced hormonal exposure. All right.
那么,氟美弗拉的三相設計能平衡你的荷爾蒙分泌。好的。
It has also been shown to cause significantly fewer side effects than other oral contraceptives.
同樣也被證明,相比其他口服避孕藥,它的副作用更少。
Although it can cause acne, which, if you ask me, kind of increases its effectiveness as a contraceptive.
雖然會讓你長痘痘。我認為,這也是一種有效的避孕方式。
Funny.
真有趣。
Okay, I'm sorry. Did we get off on the wrong foot? Because since the other night, I kind of feel like you might have a problem with me.
好吧。抱歉,我們之間是不是有誤解?因為從那天晚上開始,我就有點覺得你可能對我存在芥蒂。
No, it's fine. Are you sure, because it doesn't seem fine?
不,挺好的。你確定嗎?看起來不是很好啊。
Okay. If you really want to talk about this, I do have a problem.
好吧。你非要說這個問題的話,我確實心存芥蒂。
Oh, my God. Tell me...what did I do?
天哪,告訴我... 我哪做錯了?
Look, it's nothing. It's just...Raj told me that a while ago, you two hooked up.
其實沒什么。我只是...Raj告訴我不久前,你倆睡過。
What? ! Oh, why would he say that? Did it not happen?
什么?!他為什么那么說?你們沒有嗎?
Well, I wouldn't exactly call it a hook-up. Did you kiss? Yeah.
好吧,準確來說不算睡過。你們接吻了?是的。
Were you naked? Yeah. So, it was a hook-up. No. Yeah.
你們都裸著?是的。那就是睡過了。沒有。有。
So, what are some ways we could set our comic book store apart from the competition?
那么,我們有什么辦法能讓我們的漫畫店在同行中脫穎而出?
Oh, kids buy comic books. It would be great to figure out a way to get more kids in the store.
孩子買漫畫書,想個主意讓更多的小孩來我們店再好不過了。
You know, when I was a kid, I loved going there, but I could never get a ride.
我小時候,就很喜歡去漫畫店。但是從來搭不到車。
Ooh, what if we got a van and drove around and picked kids up?
哦,那我們就開輛貨車四處轉悠,帶孩子們去漫畫店吧?
Nice. You mean, like at parks and schools? Toy stores, puppet shows.
好主意。你的意思是,在公園和學校門口等?還有玩具店,木偶劇院。
Hold on. So, your idea is to get a van and cruise the streets looking for kids to pick up? Yes.
等等。你們的主意是要弄一輛貨車,在大街上找搭車的孩子?是的。
And are you gonna use candy to lure them in? We are now!
然后要用糖引誘他們上車?你不說我們還想不到呢!
You told Emily we hooked up? ! Um, well, in my defense, I tell everybody.
你告訴Emily我們睡過?!我要辯一句,我告訴了所有人。
Why would you say that? ! We were having a conversation about past lovers.
你為什么這么說?!那時候我們在說前任的問題。
We weren't lovers! Come on. Everyone knows we didn't sleep together. We got drunk and fooled around. Why couldn't you just leave me out of it?
我們沒有談過戀愛!拜托。每個人都知道我們沒有上床。我們只是喝醉了犯傻。為什么你要扯上我呢?
Well, we were being honest. You would leave me out of the conversation with the next guy if you dump Leonard?
我們都坦誠相告。要是你甩了Leonard之后和下一任也不會提起我嗎?
Why say it? - Yes!
說這個干嘛?- 是的!
Well, I would never leave you off my list, and not just because, without you, we're playing fast and loose with the word "list".
我不會把你在我的戀愛史上排除掉的。而且因為 沒有你的話,我的戀愛好像就沒有"史"了。
Well, good job. Now she hates me.
干得漂亮。現在她討厭我了。
Great.
這下好了。
On the bright side, that Oxford study was right. One friend down. I wonder who you're going to lose next.
至少,牛津大學的研究是對的。你已經少了一個朋友了。真想知道下一個會是誰。
You, okay? It's you. You're...you're next! No. You're crazy about me.
是你,行了吧?就是你了。你就是...你就是下一個了!才不會呢,你那么喜歡我。