1、suppose
假定;假設;設想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假設有人給了你一枚雞蛋并要你準確描述雞蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假設他是對的,我確實明天就會死,那該怎么辦?也許我應該再買一份保險。
(根據所知)認為,推斷,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
這項政策非常清楚明了,我沒有理由認為它不會奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那個問題比他料想的要更復雜。
我看;要我說;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
這些天我有點焦躁。我看是荷爾蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功課。
2、involve
需要;包含
Running a kitchen involves a great deal of discipline and speed.
料理好廚房需要把一切都安排得規規矩矩,且要講求速度。
Nicky's job as a public relations director involves spending quite a lot of time with other people.
尼基作為公共關系主管,需要花很多時間與別人打交道。
牽涉;涉及
If there was a cover-up, it involved people at the very highest levels of government.
如果有人想要隱瞞實情,那其中就涉及政府部門最高層的人物。
a riot involving a hundred inmates.
有 100 名囚犯參與的暴動
使參與;使介入
Noel and I do everything together, he involves me in everything.
我和諾埃爾什么事情都一起做,他讓我參與所有的事。
Before too long he started involving me in the more confidential aspects of the job.
不久,他便開始讓我介入工作中更機密的方面。