You've already done a bullfighting book.
你已經寫過一本關于斗牛的書了啊
Nah, it's not bullfighting this time.
恐怕世界現在的格局
World has gone beyond that, I'm afraid.
已不再安定了
It's war that's coming.
到處都是戰火連連
And you need to be there?
那你還去?
Well, I need to be somewhere.
我得找點事做啊
I need to feel the old lucha por la vida, you know?
我想再次感受一下為生活而奮斗的激情 懂嗎?
The struggle for life. What else is there?
為生存而戰 不然活著還有什么意義?
Hoist her up, boys. We want to take a photograph.
把魚吊起來 小伙子們 我們拍張照紀念一下
So... how's the muse from greater Asheville doing?
從偉大的阿什維爾走出來的繆斯 最近如何?
He's writing a new book, God help me.
神啊救救我吧 他又在寫新書
Did you read Of Time and the River?
你看《時光與河流》了嗎?
Crap. The boy has serious delusions of importance.
廢話 這個年輕人太過傲慢 太過于追求所謂名望
And he's been mouthing off to the press too much.
他在文中夸夸其談 言辭粗魯
Tell him to shut the hell up and stick to his pencil.
叫他管好自己的嘴 好好寫文章吧
Well, you know Tom. He's exuberant.
你知道湯姆 他就是有點精力過盛
Bullshit. He's starting to believe what they say about him.
胡說 他是開始將讀者對他的評價 一一與自己對應了
Same thing that happened to Fitzgerald.
費茲杰羅也是同樣的情況
Gets to hear he's the great man of letters so many times...
被人無數次地夸贊自己是文壇巨匠
he starts to believe it.
于是他便開始相信這一點了
Then he's got to live up to it and then he stops writing.
于是他便開始想方設法地達到這些贊譽 到最后只能停筆
Tom has to write. It's in his blood.
湯姆會一直寫下去的 這種天賦是流淌在他血液里的
Well, they said the same thing about Scott five years ago.
五年前大家對史考特 不是也說過同樣的話嗎
Most elegant writer I ever knew.
他是我所認識的最為格調高尚的作家
Now the poor son of a bitch... can't string five words together to save his own life.
而現在 這個可憐的家伙連一個簡單的句子都寫不出來 更別提養家糊口了