You should tell him to put her away somewhere... and get back to work.
你應該告訴他 讓他把她寄送在什么地方 然后回去好好寫作
He... He's probably past it now.
他... 但他可能已經沒什么靈感了
Couldn't make a whole book... but he's still got some talent around the edges.
可能連一本完整的作品都完成不了 但退一萬步講 他多少還是剩下點天賦啊
Faded grandeur, I suppose you'd call it.
“消褪的壯麗” 我猜你會這么形容
Or he'd call it. But that...
或者他會這么形容自己 但是...
Would you shut up?
你能閉嘴嗎?
It amazes me, still... after all these years, how cruel you can be.
我們認識了這么多年 但沒想到你竟然如此殘忍
I... I'm only being honest.
我... 只是實話實說
Did you ever once try to imagine how it is for Scott?
你可曾站在史考特的角度 想像他現在的境況?
Why... Why would I?
我... 為什么要這么做?
How many words did you write today?
你今天寫了多少字?
What? How many words did you write today?
什么? 我問你 你今天寫了多少字?
Maybe five thousand. Scott wrote maybe a hundred.
差不多五千 而史考特可能只寫了一百字不到
If today was a good day. If today was a great day.
這還是在他今天狀態比較好的情況下
And he needs to write as much as you do.
他很想像你一樣 思如泉涌 筆下生風
He fights over every word.
但現在幾乎每個字 都是他竭思盡力摳出來的
Then, he should fight more.
所以啊 他應該在努力一點
His wife is going mad!
他妻子瘋了!
Nobody cares about what he writes... or even remembers him anymore.
而且現在基本上沒人在乎他寫了什么 更別提記住他了
Can you imagine what that's like?
你能想像這是種什么感覺嗎?
Don't blame me for his weakness.
別把他的軟弱怪罪在我身上
It hurts me to see you so cruel.
看見你如此冷漠的表現 讓我很心痛
So I've disappointed you yet again.
所以我又讓您失望咯
Yes, very much.
對 非常失望
Well, I'm sorry I'm not decent enough... for your fine dinner parties and your fine friends.
很抱歉 我沒那么體面 配不上你完美的晚宴和你完美的朋友
But before you drag me out to the woodshed... I think you ought to look at who's giving the lesson.
但在你把我拖出來之前 你應該搞清楚 到底是誰需要被教育
Am I supposed to grow up like you?
我應該變成像你這種人嗎?
No, Tom, but you're supposed to grow up.
不 湯姆 但你確實應該長大了