Max thinks he created me. You know that?
麥克斯以為自己創造了我 知道嗎?
Like Pygmalion.
就像賣花女一樣
He thinks... He thinks he found this ugly lump of Carolina Clay... and molded it into me.
他以為... 自己發現了卡羅萊娜·克萊身上的腫塊 還想將它移植到我身上
They say I don't even write my own books. They say I can't write my own books.
有人說我的書根本不是我自己寫的 有人說我根本就不會寫作
It's all because of Max and his brilliant editing.
書的成功都要歸功于麥克斯 和他巧妙的編輯
I hear it everywhere I go.
這種話我走到哪兒 聽到哪兒
Wouldn't I be lost without Max?
沒有了麥克斯 我就不能成功嗎?
What would I do without the great Maxwell Perkins?
沒有了偉大的麥克斯威爾·柏金斯 我該怎么辦?
So he finally stood up to you.
所以他終于和你對峙了
Good for him.
真有他的
You wouldn't believe how much the folks at Harper's... offered me for my new book.
說出來你肯定不信 你知道哈珀斯的人給我的新書開了什么價碼
There it is.
你接受了
I told them no.
我拒絕了他們
You told them maybe.
你告訴他們你要考慮一下
You tell everyone maybe.
你對所有人都是這么回答的
And now you're going to tell them yes.
而現在你要接受他們的開價