I tried to tell that to Max. I mean...
我每次都想跟麥克斯對峙 我是說...
Tell me, Scott. Does...
告訴我 史考特...
Does he... does he make you take a lot out?
他有沒有... 讓你刪減很多的內容?
He doesn't make me do anything.
他對我沒什么要求
Well, does he advise you to take a lot out?
那他有“建議”你刪減很多內容嗎?
We're different writers, Tom.
我們寫的東西是不同類型的 湯姆
How's that?
此話怎講?
I don't write such long books.
我一般不寫長篇小說
Don't or can't? Tom!
不想寫還是寫不出來啊? 湯姆!
Just say it, Scotty.
直說吧 史考特
There's no shame in writing short... though I think you've taken it a bit too far.
寫短篇又沒什么好丟臉的 但我覺得你的狀態好像差得有點太過了
I mean, come on.
我是說
Are you gonna write another novel?
你還寫得出來一篇完整的小說嗎? 嗯?
Max, I hear you finally went fishing with Ernest.
麥克斯 我聽說你終于和厄尼斯特·海明威一起出海釣魚了
Yes, in the wilds of darkest Key West.
沒錯 在基韋斯特島的深海域
Don't ignore me. That's enough.
不要無視我 夠了
Don't pretend I'm not here. Jesus Christ!
不要假裝看不見我 天啊!
I know goddamn well you ain't written a word in years.
我知道這幾年 你連一個字都沒有逼出來
Don't blame me for that.
這又不是我的錯
Come on, get up! What? What? Why?
你給我起來! 什么? 干嘛? 怎么了?
You're leaving. Where are we going?
你得離開了 我們要去哪兒?
Get out. Why?
給我出去 為什么?
It's all right, my sweetheart. It's all right.
沒事 親愛的 沒事
Stay calm. It's all right.
別擔心 沒事