It's crazy.
這太瘋狂了
While it's happening you don't think you'll ever forget it.
事情發生的時候你覺得那么難忘
Then once it's over, you can barely recall a thing.
但一旦結束了,你卻幾乎什么都記不起來
But it's them, right?
但確實是他們,沒錯吧
You're sure these are the guys who held you up?
你確定他們就是搶你錢的人
Absolutely. These three definitely
沒錯,就是他們三個,
This is the little prick who spit in my face.
這是那個吐我口水的小混蛋
The d'alessio brothers a family of dagos out of philly.
迪阿西萊奧兄弟,家住在費城城外的意大利人
Secondstory men who graduated to stick ups.
因為搶劫二進宮,剛放出來
They robbed Bookbinder's in '17, the restaurant.
他們在一九一七年搶了布克賓德的餐館
Killed two customers, shot a waiter in the face.
殺害了兩名顧客,爆了一個侍者的頭
Jesus christ. Little bastard called me fat.
天吶,小畜生敢叫我胖子,
They're fucking killers, George.
他們是殺人犯,喬治
Sounds to me like you got off easy.
能活著就算你命大了
Why, sure. I was just...
確實,我只是
I need to talk to my brother.
我得和我弟弟談談
Feel better, eh?
安心養病
These fucking guineas they're desperados, nuck.
這些可惡的鬼佬,就是一群殺人不眨眼的暴徒
We gotta track 'em down and squash 'em
我們得趕在他們制造更多命案之前
Before they spill more blood.
找到他們,干掉他們
It's not just blood I'm worried about;
死幾個人我不擔心
It's ink. You see the paper today?
關鍵是輿論,你看今天的報紙了嗎
June doesn't like to upset me.
瓊不想讓我心煩
Fletcher, this reformer running for mayor
弗萊徹,這個改革家在競選市長
He gave an interview alleging corruption
他接受采訪披露了
In both the mayor's and the sheriff's office.
現任市長和治安官的腐敗情況
He mentioned me by name?
他提到我的名字了
"Has mayor bacharach even questioned "
巴赫拉特市長是否曾經質詢過,
What sheriff Eli Thompson was doing
治安官伊萊·湯普森凌晨三點時
At an illegal casino at 3:00 A.M.?"
為什么出現在地下賭場"
So I was there. So what?
我就出現了,怎么著吧
How's he know I wasn't answering a call?
他怎么知道我不是在打電話
Because he knows, Eli. Everybody does.
他就是知道,伊萊,每個人都知道
It just never made the paper before.
只不過從來都沒人提出來過罷了
Fuck 'em.
操他媽的
Let them write what they want.
他們愿寫什么就寫什么吧
The election, Eli
選舉,伊萊
We gotta keep the tide flowing in our direction.
我們得保證選舉不能失控
I'll get out then, press the flesh,
我會適當出面,做做姿態
Drum up some support.
爭取一些支持
What about your spleen? Dr. Surran says you should rest.
你的脾臟怎么辦,蘇林醫生說你需要休息
How do you rest your spleen?
這玩意怎么休息
Come on, Grant. That water was cold.
行了,格蘭特,那水是涼的,
Let's tell the ladies. Oh, that was amazing!
我們去告訴那位女士,那太棒了
Way out there.
從這出去
Do you believe in love at first sight, Mrs. Schroeder?
施羅德太太,您相信一見鐘情嗎
It's a rather romantic notion.
很浪漫
It happened to me the day I saw Warren.
我和沃倫就是這樣
Senator Harding?
哈丁參議員嗎
I was 16,
我當時十六歲
And he was the handsomest man
他是我見過的最英俊的
I'd ever met.
男人
Of course he wasn't senator yet.
當然那時候他還不是參議員
He ran the newspaper back in Marion.
他在馬里昂有家報社
Houdini's brother his name is Hardeen.
霍迪尼的弟弟,叫哈登
And when I first heard Harding,
當我第一次聽到哈丁的名字
I thought it was him running for president.
我還以為是哈登去競選總統了
He loves me
他很愛我
And he loves his baby daughter.
也很愛我們的女兒
But America needs him
但是國家需要他
And so I have to sacrifice.
只能我做出犧牲
Marguerite.
瑪格麗特
Good morning. Madame jeunet.
早上好,茱內特太太,
This is a friend of mine, miss Nan Britton.
這是我的一位朋友,南·布里頓
She needs a few outfits for the season.
她需要幾件應時的服裝
C'est gentil. We exist to oblige.
好的,這是應該的
Maryska.
瑪麗斯卡
Maryska!
瑪麗斯卡
See the mademoiselle to the dressing room.
帶這位小姐去試衣間
This way.
這邊請
A cow waiting to be milked
吃不飽的懶貨
The Polish girl.
這個波蘭姑娘
No grace, no charm.
粗魯,難看
Well, I imagine she's still learning.
這些東西還得慢慢學啊
A head like a cabbage.
頭像卷心菜一樣
But she will work for pennies.
但是她可以幫男人"服務"一下
You see what I am reduced to?
你看到我的窘境了吧
Is business slow, ma'am?
生意不好嗎
My dear marguerite,
我親愛的瑪格麗特
How you have blossomed.
真是容光煥發了
Mr. Thompson is quite generous with his attentions.
湯普森先生對他的女人一向很大方
He does treat me well.
他確實待我不錯
The finest things for the finest ladies,
最好的服裝配最美的女士
As it must be here.
一定就是這件了
But the cost is very high,
價錢太貴了
And then on top I must pay.
自有人付錢
Pay whom? Mr. Thompson of course.
誰,當然是湯普森先生,
Oh, you mean the city.
你是說公款
I am told now I must pay double.
我被告知現在要付雙倍
Everyone must.
每個人都是
I have saved nothing, marguerite.
我什么都沒存下,瑪格麗特
All to run the shop.
全靠商店支撐
I am a woman alone.
我是個單身女人
You understand this.
個中辛苦你了解的
Can you not speak with your alderman?
你能不能不告訴轄區的市政官
You can speak for me
你可以替我向你
To the man who gives you his attention.
的男人說說
II wouldn't know what to say.
我不知道怎么說才好
Say that he is handsome; how happy he makes you;
說他很英俊,他多么讓你滿足
And how can you buy the things that make you pretty for him
告訴他女為悅己者容
If there is no belle femme?
但是如果沒有了貝拉法蜜
Help me, marguerite.
幫幫我,瑪格麗特
You have power you do not suspect.
你的能力遠比你想象的大
Oh bonjour, madame.
您好,女士
Leave no stone unturned.
用盡千方百計
You and your men wire every department
讓你的人把從費城到匹斯堡的警局電話
From philly to pittsburgh.
都打一遍
You should also write to Nucky.
還有寫信給,努基,
Jesus. A little notice would've been nice.
天吶,就不能事先通知我一聲
I sent a telegram. We have received nothing.
我給你發電報了,我們沒收到,
I will call the Western Union to complain.
我去打電話投訴西部聯合電報公司
I'd offer you coffee, but it looks like
本來想給你上杯咖啡,不過看來
You've already helped yourself.
你也不是很客氣
The train the dining car was out of service.
火車,餐車不營業
You haven't been home? I thought I should see you first.
你還沒回家,我覺得應該先來見你,
Have them send up a steak. Ya.
讓他們送塊牛排來,是,
So you're here.
你還是來了
I assume you've accepted my offer? With conditions.
答應我的提議了,有條件的,
My friend Richard Harrow you met him in Chicago.
我的朋友理查德·哈羅,你在芝加哥見過的
The man in the iron mask? He's a war hero.
戴鐵面具的那個,他是戰斗英雄,
I'd like him to join me. What's under there?
我想讓他和我一起來,他的臉怎么了,
He's missing his cheekbone, his jaw.
顴骨和下巴都沒了
Basically the whole left side of his face is gone.
基本上是左邊那張臉都沒了
And he's still alive?
那還能活著
Medicine, huh?
真是醫學奇跡啊
A lot of fellas still alive probably shouldn't be.
很多不應該活著的人還茍且偷生
Well, I know a few myself.
我就認識幾個
The D'alessio brothers out of philly. Another condition:
迪阿萊西奧兄弟,費城人,另一個條件,
We keep what we discuss only between us.
我們之間的事情不能讓第三個人知道
Wait outside.
出去等著
So these are the guys that robbed the casino?
這些就是搶了你賭場的人
And O'neill as well.
還有奧尼爾
Ignacious, Sixtus, Leo
伊戈內舍斯,西科斯圖斯,里奧
They're all named after popes. Write the Vatican,
都是用教皇的名字命名的,給梵蒂岡寫信,
See if they know where they are.
看看他們知不知道他們的下落
When I find them...
一旦我找到他們
What do you want me to do?
你打算怎么做
You need me to spell it out?
還需要我說嗎
I'd like to hear you say it.
我想聽你說出來
Why?
為什么
Politician to the last, huh?
徹頭徹尾的政客是吧
What, you don't say it, you don't have to deny it later?
你不說出來,以后就不用出面否認
Or are you just trying to kid yourself?
還是不想讓自己承認現實
About what?
什么現實
The fact that you're a murderer, Nuck.
你是個兇手的現實
That is what you want me to do, right?
你是不是想讓我這么干
Kill them?
做掉他們
Yes.
沒錯
Even the kid?
孩子也是
I'm gonna go eat my steak.
我要去吃牛排了
Gentlemen. A.R.
先生們,羅斯坦,
These are the fellas I told you about.
這就是我和你提起的朋友們
This is Leo D'alessio,
這位是里奧·迪阿萊西奧
His brother ignacious. And Mickey Doyle.
他的兄弟伊戈內舍斯,還有米奇·多伊爾,
An honor, Mr. Rothstein.
很榮幸見到您,羅斯坦先生
So you've heard of me.
看來你聽說過我
Naturally. Who ain't, huh? Yeah.
當然,誰沒聽過您的大名,沒錯,
And what is it you've heard?
你都聽說過關于我的什么事
Good stuff, you know. That I'm honest?
好事,我很誠實,
That you'll always get a square deal?
總是公平交易嗎
Sure, that's why we're here.
沒錯,這正是我們到此的原因
A reputation takes a lifetime to build
人的聲名需要一生傳播
And only seconds to destroy.
卻能毀于一旦
Wow. Rack them, Charlie.
好球,查理,擺球,
I understand you're interested in the liquor business.
我知道你們對烈酒生意很感興趣
We's interested in makin' dough.
賺錢的我們都感興趣
Piles of it.
各種各樣的賺錢生意
Eight ball, $500.
先進黑八算贏,五百美金一局
You break.
你開球
There are two ways to make money
想干烈酒生意
In the alcohol business.
有兩個辦法賺錢
One is to take cheap rotgut whiskey, dilute it and sell it.
第一種是弄到劣質威士忌,調配好然后賣
I was doing good with that myself. That's the stupid way,
這個我在行,這是笨辦法,
In which I have no interest.
我沒興趣
There's a growing demand for good whiskey in the United States.
全美市場對上等威士忌的需求越來越大
And I'm not talking about the swill
我說的不是你那小釀酒作坊里
You stirred up in your chamberpot.
做出來的垃圾東西
I'm talking about the best scotch from britain.
我說的是從英國來的上等蘇格蘭威士忌
There's a fortune to be made from importing it.
能搞到這些酒就能賺到錢
It'll be the chic thing to have good whiskey when you have guests
當你宴請賓客的時候上等威士忌很長面子
And the rich will vie with one another to serve it.
富人們就會競相求購
I want to set up a business for importing scotch.
我想建立一個進口蘇格蘭威士忌的買賣
We'll have ships with crews we can trust
需要可靠的船只和可靠的船員
Who'll sail it from the distilleries in Europe
從歐洲的釀酒廠啟航
And unload it outside the threemile limit.
在三海里領海界限卸載
All we have to do is smuggle it ashore.
我們要做的就是走私到岸邊
That's where you mugs come in.
你的馬仔們負責這個環節
The ports of Atlantic city are ideal for distribution
大西洋城的港口是最佳地點
To the entire Eastern seaboard.
可以直接將貨散步到整個東海岸
The only problem is the man who runs that city.
問題是大西洋城管事的那個人
Normally I'd make a deal with such a man,
一般情況下我會選擇和他合作
Cut him in as a partner, but I find Nucky Thompson
拉他入伙,互惠互利,但是我發現努基·湯普森
To be greedy and unreasonable.
這個人太過貪婪
Nothing a bullet in the eye won't fix.
干脆做掉他一勞永逸
If you'll each sign those forms,
只要你們填了這些表
I'll take it as your acquiescence to our new arrangement.
我就默認你們同意我們的新協議
What are they? Life insurance policies.
那是什么,人壽保險單,
There's a half a million on each of you.
每人五十萬美元
You'll be handling large amounts of my money, gentlemen.
你們會經手大筆屬于我的錢
It's my assurance you won't chisel me.
我需要一個保證
Think of it as an incentive
把這個想象成促使你們
Not to screw things up.
馬到成功的動力
I'll show you out.
我送你們出去
Do you know what the nice thing is
你知道布朗斯動物園好玩
About the bronx zoo, charlie?
在哪嗎,查爾斯
There's bars between you and the monkeys.
猴子都是關在籠子里的
Finally asleep.
終于睡了
I could've read them some more of this.
我應該給他們讀點這個
You seem to be enjoying it yourself.
你看起來很開心啊
"The wonderful love magnet "
萬能的愛情磁石,
As long as I carry it,
只要我帶著它
Every living thing I meet will love me dearly."
所以的愿望都會實現"
That would make your election easier, wouldn't it?
那應該會讓你的競選更容易吧
Certainly cheaper. Is winning expensive?
經費自然會少些,是不是獲勝就意味著多花錢,
Not as expensive as losing.
沒有輸掉的那個花錢多
And will Mr. Harding be president?
哈丁先生會成為總統嗎
That depends.
要看情況
Are you planning to vote for him?
你要給他投票嗎
I've perhaps seen him in not the most flattering light.
也許我看到了他最不想被人知道的秘密
You mean the girl. Her name is Nan.
你是說那個姑娘,她叫南,
If we only elected good men, we'd never have leaders.
如果我們只能選好人,那就沒有領袖一說了
If not good, then what should they be?
既然不是好人,又怎么能當領袖
Useful... to those who support them.
有價值,對那些支持他的人
I was speaking with madame Jeunet today.
我今天和茱內特太太聊了幾句
Oh? She says she's going to lose the shop.
是嗎,她說她的店要關門了,
It's a pricey location.
那地方房租很貴
Apparently she's having trouble with the city.
很顯然她繳不起那么重的稅
Then she should talk to her alderman.
那她應該和市政管說
She did. It didn't help.
她說了,不管用
Maybe there's something the county treasurer could do.
也許縣司庫先生能幫幫忙
Did she ask you to bring this up? No.
是不是她讓我和你說的,不是,
Then why are we discussing it?
那你怎么會說起這件事
She showed me a kindness and I thought to return it.
她對我不錯,我覺得應該回報她一下
I made her hire you, Margaret. Kindness didn't come into it.
是我讓她雇你的,瑪格麗特,沒什么善良不善良
Then you should recompense her
那你應該為當時你讓她
For the burden you made her carry.
承擔的事情做出賠償
What did she tell you exactly?
她到底和你說了什么
Only that the money she pays has increased
只說稅錢又漲了
And it's more than she can afford.
她負擔不起
Then she shouldn't be doing business in Atlantic city,
那她就別在大西洋城做生意了
because that's what it costs.
在大西洋城做生意, 就是這么貴
but if you set the price
但是如果你把標準定的
Margaret, this is not a suitable topic.
瑪格麗特,我不想談這個
I wasn't aware of that.
我不覺得
You're aware now.
那你現在應該覺得了
Will you not be staying?
你不留下嗎
I have an early meeting.
我還有個早會
I painted this last october.
這是我去年十月畫的
She was an actress in the vaudeville.
她是舞劇團的女演員
It's pretty.
很美
This
這里
There's a lyrical quality.
畫面感情豐富
It's reminiscent of Mary Cassatt.
不禁讓人想起瑪麗·卡薩特
Do you think your friend is visiting soon?
你朋友是不是快來了
The art dealer?
那個藝術品經紀人
Oh, he's abroad at the momentParis.
他現在在巴黎
The city of light.
燈光之城
Oh, god damn it.
見鬼
I broke the cork. Here.
見鬼,軟木塞被我弄壞了,
There.
給我
Oh my, you uncivilized artists.
天吶,你這個野蠻的藝術家
1918
一九一八年的,
That's the year we met you.
正好是你我相遇的那年
All right, save some for your jealous husband.
好了,給你嫉妒的丈夫留點
Come.
來啊
It's okay, darling.
沒事,親愛的
I don't bite.
我不咬人
I, uh Everyone in Paris is doing it.
我,巴黎的人都這么干,
Hello?
有人嗎
Ange?
安吉
Angela, it's me.
安吉拉,是我
Hello?
哪位
It's Jimmy.
吉米
It's me.
是我
Why is the door locked?
門怎么關了
We've had intruders in the neighborhood.
鄰居發生偷盜案了
Where's the baby? He's sleeping.
孩子呢,睡著了,
Jimmy, my god.
吉米,我的天吶
You're having a party?
你在聚會
We're just visiting.
他們只是順路拜訪
May I pour you some wine?
幫你倒點酒吧
I heard that's against the law now.
現在喝酒是不是違法了
Well, it is getting late and, uh, you have
都這么晚了
That sitting in the morning.
你明早還要工作
Oh yes.
沒錯
A wedding portrait.
婚禮肖像
Lithuanian couple.
一對立陶宛夫婦
Well, it was nice to see you, old boy.
很高興見到你,老朋友
Welcome home again.
歡迎回家
You should have told me you were coming. I did.
你應該先通知我一聲的,我通知了,
Goddamn Western Union!
天殺的西聯電報
What what are you doing? I'm kissing you.
你干什么,親你啊,
Wait you show up out of nowhere,
等下,你就這么莫名其妙的出現了
Not a phone call for months
幾個月都不打一個電話
Ange, look, I'm home okay? For good.
安吉,聽著,我回家了,不走了
You're hurting me! I missed you.
你弄疼我了,我想你,
Yes, I will.
好的,我會的
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
謝謝您提供的信息
They only had the plain ones
他們只有長的了
That was Western Union.
剛剛是西聯電報打來的
They just got a call from Nucky Thompson's butler
他們剛剛接到努基·湯普森的男管家
Inquiring about a wire from James Darmody.
轉線給詹姆斯·達莫迪的請求
They said it was passed on to you.
他們說他們告訴你了
Oh my god. What is the meaning of this?
天吶,這是什么意思,
I have it here.
我放到這了
I was going to give it to you. Then why didn't you?
我正打算給你呢,為什么沒給,
"Arriving thursday, 11:00 A.M. Train."
"周四上午11點乘火車到達,
That was yesterday. I'm sorry, it slped my mind.
是昨天,抱歉,我給忘了,
You're either incompetent or a liar.
你要么是個白癡,要么就是騙子
I won't stand for it either way, agent Sebso.
我覺得你非二者之一,賽布索探員
We've been so I will not stand for it either way!
咱們在一起,這樣的事情我決不能忍受,
Why was this hidden?
為什么藏起來
Because I'd like to keep my job.
因為我想保住我的飯碗
Supervisor Elliot
埃利奧特檢查員
He thinks we're being obsessive about the Hans Schroeder case,
他認為我們對漢斯·施羅德的案子
About Nucky Thompson.
和努基·湯普森太過注意了
We have a witness
我們的證人
that can place Darmody at the scene of the murders.
可以指認達莫迪就是兇手
I wasn't thinking.
我沒細想
You kill a snake by cutting off the head, agent Sebso.
打蛇打七寸,賽布索探員
The supervisor?
對檢查員
Nucky Thompson!
對努基·湯普森
Darmody gives him up, this entire city,
只要達莫迪指證他,整個城市
This sodom, will be cleansed all at once.
這片罪惡之地,就會被一次性凈化
There's coal in the ground,
地下有煤
Lumber in the forests, cattle in the fields.
林中有木,草上有牛
What sound does the cow make?
牛怎么叫
moo! that's right.
哞,沒錯,
You ride that train, you look out the window,
你坐上那列火車,望著窗外
You don't see anything but opportunity from coast to coast.
看到的無線綿長的海岸線帶來的機會
And now he's returned to this one.
又開始了
I'm home, Ange, where I belong.
我回來了,安吉,心之所屬
When you feel like showing up.
你想回就回,當旅館啊
I had business out west.
我在西邊有生意
I told you, but that's that's all taken care of.
我告訴你了,但是現在都搞定了
So now what?
那現在呢
Now our prospects are looking up.
現在是前景一片光明
Nucky made me an offer. Assistant clerk?
努基給了我一份工作,小文員嗎,
Let's just say that we're out of this dump in no time flat.
這么說吧,過不了多久咱們就能搬出這個破公寓
Marven gardens, those beach houses on ventnor
馬文花園,文諾特的海景別墅
How does that sound?
怎么樣
Hello?
你好
Okay okay.
好的,好的
Sweetie, come here.
寶貝,過來
Yeah, just keep him there.
先盯住他
Bye.
再見
Mush! no, no Mush today.
玉米糊,今天沒有玉米糊,
Eggs.
今天是雞蛋
Who was that? It was my mother.
剛才是誰,我媽,
I got to go see her. Come on, champ.
我得去見她,來,小子
What are you doing?
你干什么
I'm making more coffee.
煮點咖啡
Let's have another baby.
咱們再要個孩子吧
What do you say? You want a little brother, champ?
你說呢,小子,想要弟弟嗎
Yeah! Yeah?
想要,真的嗎,
Then it's settled.
那就這么定了
Your stomach is growling.
你的肚子在叫呢
Are you hungry?
餓了
I wouldn't mind eating you for lunch.
我活吃了你當午餐
Maybe for dessert.
還是甜點吧
Got any coffee left?
還有咖啡嗎
I can manage that.
有的
Oh! Fuck! I wasn't sure if you took cream.
我操,不知道你帶沒帶奶油,
It's not there, dear.
沒在那,親愛的
You fucking twat. Hey!
你個臭婊子,嘿,
That's my mother you're talking to.
你怎么和我媽說話呢
My apologies.
抱歉
So you're Luciano.
你就是盧西亞諾
My mother told me a lot about you.
我媽和我說了不少你的事
We're very close, Charles.
我們關系很好,查爾斯
Plus we have a mutual friend
何況我們在芝加哥還有
In Chicago.
一位老朋友
Al Capone says hello.
阿爾·卡波尼向你問好
That's a lot of baloney. Capone's no pal of mine.
胡扯,卡波尼不是我的朋友
You're right. Actually he didn't say hello.
你說的沒錯,其實他沒向你問好
He said I should blow your fucking brains out.
他說我應該一槍把你腦漿子崩出來
I'd consider it a great favor if you didn't.
你要不這么干我肯定記得你的好
Get dressed. We're gonna take a ride.
穿上衣服,我帶你去兜兜風
To where? Someplace they won't find you.
去哪,一個他們找不到你的地方,
Come on, move it.
快點
It don't gotta be like this, you know?
事情沒必要發展成這樣
Tell Nucky I'll talk to A.R.,
告訴努基我會和羅斯坦說
Call off the D'alessios.
把迪阿萊西奧兄弟踢出去
What? We'll cut him in.
什么,拉努基入伙,
There's plenty to go around for every
貨足夠分配給每一個
Drop the gun!
放下槍
Now.
現在
James Darmody, you're under arrest.
詹姆斯·達莫迪,你被捕了
What are you smiling at?
你笑什么
You fellas.
你的同伴
Youse are a sight for sore eyes. Hands on the wall.
你們是我的救星, 把手放墻上,
Fuck.
操,
Midjuly and they're all over the place already.
七月中的時候他們都已經涌進來了
How am I supposed to compete with this guy?
我該怎么和他們競爭
That's the spirit, Mr. Mayor.
要的就是這種精神,市長先生
I want these placards taken down.
我要這些布告都消失
Any shop that posts one gets a $25 fine.
任何招貼的商店一律處以二十五美元罰款
Can we do that? We can do whatever we want.
能這么樣,在這里,我們想怎么樣就怎么樣,
When's Eli coming back? Stitches opened up.
伊萊什么時候能回來,傷口開裂了,
Doc Surran said this'll probably set him back another month.
蘇林醫生說得再送他回醫院住一個月
It gets better and better, doesn't it?
情況是越來越好了,不是嗎
He's left a big void, I'll tell you that.
他的職位空著呢
He's not dead, Halloran.
他又沒死,哈羅蘭
I know, but the men, the other deputies,
我知道,但是手下這些人,還有副治安官們
They're gonna need some guidance
他們需要引導
Schedules, assignments, that kind of thing.
計劃,任務,一大堆的事
Can't Eli handle that?
伊萊看不過來嗎
Not in the state he's in.
現在這個狀況下還是不行
What are you trying to say?
你想說什么
That I think I should be in charge.
我覺得我應該扛起這幅擔子
Oh, you do? I've got the most experience
是嗎,我經驗豐富,
And the other fellas look up to me.
那些家伙們也聽我的話
Fine, you're acting sheriff.
行,你代行治安官的職務
Really?
真的嗎
Should I reconsider? No no.
要不我再考慮一下,不用了,不用了,
No.
不用了
Thanks, Nucky.
多謝你,努基
I know we've had our differences,
我知道咱們之間存在不同的觀點
But I want you to know that I'm here for you,
但我希望你知道,我會全心全意為你服務
Now and in november.
從現在到十一月
What does that mean?
什么意思
Have you thought about the future?
你沒想過未來會發生些什么嗎
It certainly sounds like you have.
看來你都想好了
In regards to Eli, I mean.
看看伊萊
The election's right around the corner and he's hurt, weak,
選舉馬上進行,他又受傷了,還很虛弱
The reformers are alleging corruption.
改革者在呼吁懲治腐敗
I mean you've seen the articles yourself, right?
那篇文章你也看過了
All I'm saying is that I'm at your service
我想說的是,我愿聽從您的驅使
Should you need.
那才是需要的
I was at the picture show. Which one?
我當時在看電影,哪一部,
"Wagon tracks." what was the plot?
"咬邊" 什么情節,
Are you sure you want me to ruin the ending?
你確定要讓我告訴你結局嗎
We can do this all day, Mr. Darmody.
我有的是時間陪你玩,達莫迪先生
It feels like we already have been.
我們已經在玩了
You're proposing
你是說
That on the night of January 17, 1920,
在一九二零年一月十七號
You were in a moving picture show
晚上七點到晚上十一點半
P.M. Until 11:30 P.M.?
一直在看電影是嗎,7:00
That's right.
沒錯
The running time of the film is only 78 minutes.
電影全長才七十八分鐘
I fell asleep.
我睡著了
You have a child out of wedlock.
你有個私生子
Is his mother not fit to marry?
是不是她母親對婚姻不滿
That's none of your business.
和你無關
What's the name of the William S. Hart character in the movie?
威廉姆·S·哈特在電影里的角色叫什么
Buckskin? Bucksomething. You're not sure?
巴克金,巴克什么東西的,你不確定嗎,
We're engaged. We're going to be married.
我們訂婚了,我們馬上就要結婚
Your aim at making her a respectable woman.
你要將她變成你忠貞的妻子
How do you know Hans Schroeder?
你對漢斯·施羅德了解多少
I ain't know Hans Schroeder.
不認識
Mrs. Schroeder? Margaret? I don't know these people.
施羅德太太呢,瑪格麗特,也不認識,
Lucy Danziger, she's a dancer at ziegfeld follies.
露西·丹齊格,齊格非歌舞劇團的舞蹈演員
You know her? It's Nucky's girlfriend.
你認識她,她是努基的女朋友,
Then what is the relationship
那湯普森先生和施羅德太太之間
Between Mr. Thompson and Mrs. Schroeder?
又是什么關系呢
You want to know who Nucky Thompson is fucking,
你想知道努基·湯普森睡的哪個妞
Why don't you ask him?
干嘛不直接去問他
This shipment of alcohol
這船湯普森先生
that Mr. Thompson sold To Arnold Rothstein,
賣給阿諾德·羅斯坦的酒
The shipment that was being transported
那些在一月十七號
The night of January 17th...
在運輸途中的酒
"Wagon tracks." How do you know Al?
"咬邊" 你怎么認識的阿爾,
I don't know any Al. From Chicago?
我不認識什么阿爾,芝加哥那邊的,
You've got it all mixed up, officer.
你都弄混了,警官
Did Mr. Thompson have Hans Schroeder murdered
是不是湯普森先生愛上施羅德的妻子
Because he's in love with Schroeder's wife?
從而將施羅德謀殺
The men in the woods how many did you kill?
林中的那些人,你們殺了幾個
I went to the movies. I fell asleep.
我去看電影,然后睡著了
I got up. I walked home. I went to bed.
然后睡醒了,然后回家,然后繼續睡
You wanna charge me, charge me.
你想起訴我,起訴我好了
I've got nothing else to say.
我沒什么可說的了
I thought you might find some satisfaction
將來,看著自己的兒子長大成人
In living long enough to see your son grow into a man.
你一定會很滿足吧
You don't got anything on me. Don't I?
你從我這什么也得不到,真的嗎,
Billy?
比利
Jimmy? Jesus christ.
吉米,天吶,
They were gonna send me up the river, Jimmy.
他們會送我進監獄,吉米
What did you say to them, Billy? Fucking rahway.
你跟他們說什么了,比利,羅威,
What'd you tell them? Jimmy!
你跟他們說什么了,吉米,
Billy, what'd you say to Jimmy!
比利,你跟他們說,吉米,
Fuck!
操,
The old days, it was different.
過去的日子,和現在大不相同
You could count on people to vote the party line.
你可以指望民眾為政黨路線投票
Now these democrats come along,
現在這些民主人出現了
Make big promises.
跨下海口
And you're concerned.
引起你們的關注
Enough not to take anything for granted.
那些承諾還不都是空頭支票
I wish there was a way I could help.
真希望我能幫忙
There is.
你能
You can help us get the women's vote.
你能幫我們爭取婦女的選票
Shouldn't you wait until the amendment actually passes?
不應該等到修正案正式通過嗎
I'm an eternal optimist.
我是永遠的樂觀主義者
Speak to your friends,
和你的朋友們說說
The temperance league, other women's organizations.
戒酒同盟,其他的婦女組織
I'm not much of an orator.
我不善言辭
I've seen you speak.
我見過你的言談舉止
You comport yourself very well.
很得體
When was that?
什么時候
At my birthday with senator Edge.
我的生日宴會,你和艾治參議員
Oh, that was merely banter.
那都是開玩笑的話
He's a United States senator and you wiped the floor with him.
他可是美國參議院議員,你還能和他談笑風生
Seriously, would you be willing to speak on behalf of the party?
說真的,你愿意代表共和黨演講嗎
I suppose so, but... But what?
我覺得可以,但是,但是什么,
Do you not wish me to dress well?
你不想我穿的光鮮點嗎
What do you mean?
什么意思
Do you not wish me to look attractive?
你不想我看上去迷人點嗎
Of course I do.
我當然想
I mean you are, whatever you're wearing.
你本來就很迷人,不管穿什么衣服
Nucky, you have a call. all right.
努基,你的電話,來了,
Madame Jeunet knows what suits me.
茱內特夫人知道什么衣服適合我
She knows how to make me look pretty.
她知道怎么讓我光彩照人
She's the only one I trust.
她是我唯一信任的人
That's why you want her to stay in business?
就因為這你才希望她能保住服裝店
Why didn't you just say that in the first place?
為什么不早說
I didn't want you to know how selfish I was.
我不想讓你知道我這么自私
I never hold that against anyone.
我不覺得自私是缺點
Hello?
你好
Today?
今天
Thank you. 10 minutes.
謝謝,十分鐘,
Did you talk to Angela?
你和安吉拉談了嗎
She's aware of the situation.
她意識到現在的形式了
D'alessios they're being backed by Rothstein and Luciano.
迪阿萊西奧兄弟,羅斯坦和盧西亞諾在背后支持他們
From the horse's mouth.
消息可靠
Luciano spilled it to me before I was arrested.
在我被捕前盧西亞諾親口說的
Can you bail me out?
能保我出去嗎
Five counts of murder there is no bail.
五條人名,保不了
Would you get me a lawyer at least? For what?
至少得幫我找個律師吧,干什么,
You know, to talk to, plan a strategy.
辯論啊,制定策略啊
It's a waste of money.
純屬浪費錢
Then, uh...
那就
Call my dad.
給我爸打電話
Can't he help?
他不能幫忙嗎
Your dad? Are you that nervous?
你爸,你這么緊張嗎
This kid, Billy Winslow
那個孩子,比利·溫斯洛
He's gonna testify, Nuck.
他會出庭作證,努克
So I've heard. So I'm staying here?
我聽說了,那我就在這呆著,
Is that what you're saying?
這是你的承諾嗎
You said you were going to take care of this.
你說這些你會處理
I am. All I'm saying is the legal system's
我在處理,我只是說現在的司法系統
Not your ticket to freedom.
幫不了你
Uh, yes, I'm still on the line, operator.
是的,我還在,接線員
Thank you.
謝謝
Sir.
長官
Nelson, I was in a command meeting. What's the hubbub?
尼爾森,我在指揮會議,什么要緊事
We've arrested James Darmody, sir.
我們逮捕了詹姆斯·達莫迪,長官
What? When?
什么,什么時候
Last night. He returned from Chicago.
昨晚,他從芝加哥回來了
Did he talk? No, but he's aware we have his accomplice.
他交代了嗎,沒有,但是他知道我們手里有他的同犯了,
Either way, the road leads to Thompson. Wonderful, Nelson.
不管怎么樣,幕后的黑手是湯普森,干的好,尼爾森,
Terrific. It's a real shot in the arm for the bureau.
很好,這對局里的工作真是一大鼓勵
Thank you for your confidence, sir.
多謝您的夸獎,長官
Keep up the good work.
繼續努力
What did he say? He was pleased very much so.
他說什么了,非常開心,
Congratulations, sir.
祝賀您,長官
I didn't do it alone.
這不是我一個人的功勞
I'm sorry about the telegram.
電報的事,很抱歉
That was very foolish of me.
是我太傻了
It was, but people make mistakes.
確實,但是人總會犯錯誤
A man needs to have the courage of his convictions.
勇敢的男人勇于承認自己的錯誤
I knew we'd get Darmody eventually.
我就知道我們早晚能抓到達莫迪
You were right.
你是對的
This witness, Billy Winslow
這個目擊證人,比利·溫斯洛
You think it's safe to keep him here?
把他關在這里安全嗎
What'd you have in mind?
你的意思呢
Move him north pending trial?
轉移到北部待審室
Federal jail in Manhattan maybe?
曼哈頓的聯邦監獄
Keep him out of Thompson's reach.
不給湯普森機會
Jesus christ, will you see a doctor already?
天吶,你看醫生了嗎
Stubborn as a mule.
倔的和頭驢一樣
Shut up and get him a drink.
閉嘴,給他拿杯酒來
I'm fine, thank you.
不用,謝謝
You look like shit.
你看起來糟透了
Well, your time comes,
大限將至
You just have to accept your situation.
只能坦然接受
Are we talking about you or me?
說的是你還是我
This Fletcher and these fucking democrats.
這個弗萊徹和那些王八蛋民主黨人們
And your sheriff is out of commission now too?
你的治安官暫時不能履職了
It's not so easy, is it?
不是那么容易是吧
Nice that you can still find joy.
真高興你還笑的出來
Five years in jail can you blame me?
五年監禁,你能怪我嗎
One of us had to go. You knew that.
我們之中必須有個人要去,你明白
I had no choice. neither did I.
我沒有選擇,我也是,
Which is why we made a deal,
所以我們定下這個協議
So let's put it to bed where it belongs.
還是不拐彎抹角了
We're in trouble.
我們遇到麻煩了
Mayor Bacharach he's weak and losing ground.
巴哈拉赫市長,他處境不妙而且立場動搖了
Even the fucking dog is sick.
連他媽的狗都病了
Well, what do you have on Fletcher?
我們手里有弗萊徹的什么把柄嗎
Nothing. He's clean.
沒有,清官一個
What does he want?
他想怎么樣
He wants to be mayor.
想當市長
Fucking boy scout.
純扯淡
Well, replace him.
換了他
What do you mean?
什么意思
Bacharach. Run somebody else for mayor.
巴哈拉赫,換別人競選市長
People want change, give it to them.
人們想要改變,就給他們改變
Or at least pretend to give it to them.
至少要裝裝樣子
What do I do about Eli?
伊萊怎么辦
Replace him too.
一起換掉
You son of a bitch.
你個狗娘養的
I'm dying.
我快死了
There's no time to be sentimental.
沒時間弄這些兒女情長了
I still can't decide.
我還是不確定
On you every dress is a joy to behold.
看你換裝真是傷心悅目
They're all so plain.
他們都略顯平庸
I'll need something special to wear to the inaugural...
我需要特別的衣服參加就職典禮
After Warren is sworn in.
特別是等沃倫宣誓就職的時候
I think for now though just something to wear around town.
我覺得現在的衣服顯得不夠隆重
Oh, I do so love this.
我好喜歡這件
Mademoiselle's taste is excellent.
女士的品位真好
How much is it? $480.
多少錢,四百八十美元,
I'll try the yellow one on again.
我還是再試試那件黃色的吧
Yes, ma'am?
什么事,女士
You have rescued me.
你真的救了我
Merci beaucoup.
太謝謝了
I'm glad I could help.
很高興能幫你
The first day you came here,
你第一天來的時候
To myself I say,
我就告訴自己
"This is a lady of taste and judgment."
"這是一位有品位的女士"
You told me I smelled.
你告訴我要多笑笑
Pardon?
什么
You said I needed to bathe more often. No.
你告訴我要多洗澡,沒有,
I was as useless as the Polish girl...
我和那個波蘭女孩一樣沒用
Until now. No no.
直到現在,不,不,
My English still sometimes I misspeak.
我的英語,有時候還是會有口誤
I am grateful, Marguerite,
很感謝你,瑪格麗特
Very grateful.
非常感謝
For your little one.
送你女兒的
Ivory...
象牙柄的
For her beautiful hair.
梳理她美麗的頭發
My daughter didn't help you, madame Jeunet.
我的女兒沒幫你,茱內特夫人
I did.
是我幫的你
I just had to try it on.
我只是想試試
It is beautiful, isn't it?
很漂亮不是嗎
Ah! Smell that air, the salt?
呼吸下新鮮的空氣,咸咸的味道
I'd like to live by the ocean someday.
有朝一日我也要住到海邊
I have a cousin, a rich kid
我有個表弟,很有錢
Took the grand tour, sailed all over the world,
遍游歐洲大陸,駕船環海航行
But he puked the entire way.
但是他吐了一路
Ah, seasickness.
暈船
I gotta piss. You need to go?
我得去上廁所,你去嗎
I'll stretch my legs.
我下車活動活動
You shouldn't have done that.
你不該這么做
Done what? Tried to lunge for my weapon.
做什么,偷襲我,
What are you talking about?
你在說什么
You lunged at me,
偷襲我
Tried to commandeer my gun.
搶我的槍
What?
什么
That's why I killed you.
這就是我殺你的原因
I spoke to my friend, the art dealer.
我和我朋友說了,那個藝術品經紀人
He's not interested, unfortunately.
很不幸,他對我的畫不感興趣
But you seemed so optimistic.
可是你挺高興的
Well, he's staying in Europe.
他要留在歐洲
Did he say why?
說為什么了嗎
His response was in a wire.
電話里說的
Surely with your husband home
當然你丈夫回家之后
Your financial burden has eased.
你的經濟壓力又大了
You'll have other chances. When?
你還有別的機會,什么時候,
I'll make some inquiries, but honestly...
我會再打聽打聽,但是說實話
Your style is a rather cheap imitation of Mary Cassatt's.
你的畫風就像是瑪麗·卡薩特的劣質仿品
I was in the woods with my boyfriend Ernie.
我和我男朋友歐尼在樹林里
He said to me, "It's dark out here.
他和我說"這里太黑了
I wish I had a lantern." I said, "Me too.
真希望我有個燈籠" 我說"我也是
You've been munching on the grass for the past 10 minutes!"
你都啃了十分鐘的草了"
"Speaking of that," He said,
"說起來" 他說,
"How come you never tell me when you reach a climax?"
"你每次到高潮的時候怎么都不告訴我"
"Well, ernie," I said, "
是這樣,歐尼" 我說,
"It's because you're never around when it happens."
"我高潮的時候你都不在啊"
There's nothing wrong with being an opportunist.
當個機會主義者沒什么不好的
In fact, it's a trait I admire.
事實上,這正是我喜歡的特質
The steel pier, the boulevard project
鋼橋墩,林蔭大道工程
You were Johnnyonthespot with those.
你見證了這一切
A good christian, family man,
一個虔誠的基督教徒,顧家的男人
Wellliked in the community. Very impressive.
良好的鄰里關系,說的好,
What are you looking for? The other shoe.
你找什么呢,另一支鞋子,
Right now I'd like to sing a little number for you
現在,我想為大家唱一首小曲
Called "Some of these days."
叫"往昔回憶"
Perhaps Mrs. Bader would like a better view.
也許巴德太太想換個更好的位置
Have I told you how beautiful you look in that dress?
我有沒有夸你穿這條裙子很好看
It was a gift from madame Jeunet.
這是茱內特太太送我的
Some of these days
回憶往昔
You'll miss me, honey
你會思念我
Some of these days
回憶往昔
You're gonna be so lonely
你會如此孤單
You'll miss my hugging
你會思念我的擁抱
You're gonna miss my kissing
你會思念我的香吻
You're gonna miss me, honey
你會思念我
When I'm far away
當我早已遠去
So I'm assuming you didn't ask me here
我猜你不是請我來給我
To sing my praises.
唱贊歌的
Of course not, Edward. I can't sing a note.
當然不是,愛德華,我五音不全
How'd you like to be mayor?
你想當市長嗎
With you as boss?
以你馬首是瞻
I'd have more authority as streetsweeper.
那還不如去掃大街
But a lot more time to run your construction business.
但是能幫你的建筑公司不少忙
It's time for a change, Ed,
是時候做出改變了,艾德
And you're a solid republican.
你是個堅定的共和黨員
What about Bacharach? Mayor Bacharach is ill.
巴哈拉赫怎么了,他病了,
He will not be seeking reelection. What's wrong with him?
他不會尋求連任,他出什么事了,
I'll make my diagnosis as soon as I have your answer.
等你答復我我就告訴你
I have to discuss it with Kathryn. Be decisive, Ed.
我得和凱瑟琳商量下,當斷則斷,艾德,
Roads, hospitals, convention center
公路,醫院,會展中心
We can build great things together.
我們可以共建很多美好的建筑
Of course we'll have to add a ball field onto that list.
當然還有球場
1920.
一九二零,
The world belongs to the young.
世界屬于年輕人
We'll let them think it does.
我們會讓他們這么認為
Mayor Edward Bader.
艾德華?巴德市長
You roll that around on your tongue.
你先熟悉熟悉這個稱呼
I'll be in touch.
咱們再聯系
You've always had your way
你總有自己的路
And when you leave me
當你離我而去
You know it's gonna grieve me
你知道我悲傷難忍
Gonna miss your big fat mama
思念你身寬體胖的媽媽
Your mama, some of these days.
你的媽媽,回憶往昔
Stand back, ladies and gentlemen,
后退,女士們先生們
Or face the wrath of mombo...
小心被莽博的怒氣所傷
tribal chieftain of the zulu...
祖魯族部落酋長,
From the dark continent of africa!
從非中黑暗大陸而來
Raised among lions and every bias fierce,
和雄獅同舞,與野獸為伴
The zulu have a thirst for human blood!
祖魯人對人血無比渴望
Pity the poor souls unfortunate enough
為那些可憐而不幸的生命感到遺憾
To spend the last of their days...
在最后的幾日
We'll need to stop by the ambassador.
我們要去見見大使
I told Jim Neary we'd meet him for a nightcap.
我告訴吉姆·內爾利說要找他喝睡前酒
It's rather late, isn't it?
有點晚了
Hiya, Nuck. evening.
你好,努基, 晚上好,
Nucky?
努基
Nucky Thompson!
努基·湯普森
Nein
不行
You filthy bastard!
你這個混蛋
Come here! Come here!
過來,過來
Stop stop!
站住,站住
Is that a cop? Get a cop!
那是警察嗎,警察快來
He went that way!
他去那邊了
Call an ambulance!
叫救護車
Oh my god!
我的天吶
Missus, are you all right?
小姐,你沒事吧
Help! is he dead?
救命啊,他死了嗎