All right already. Come on.
好了,別擠了,讓開
Step through in here.
從這穿過去
Behind the back. We're going.
都往后退,讓我們過去
Sir, thank you. That's him.
先生,多謝,就是他
Excuse me. Excuse me.
借過一下,借過
Pardon me.
勞駕
There he is. Keep it moving, folks.
他在這,繼續走,伙計們
Torrio, you got a statement?
Torrio你有什么要說的嗎
Mr. Torrio!
托里奧先生
Ask him who ordered the hit on Colosimo.
問他誰是謀殺科洛西莫的幕后主使
Mr. Torrio,
托里奧先生
is it true the police questioned you about
警方因"大塊頭"吉姆槍殺案曾傳訊過您
big Jim's murder?
這是真的嗎
We were like brothers, me and Jim.
吉姆對我來說就是親兄弟
Wiseacre, huh? Back off, creep.
少在那自作聰明, 滾開,變態,
So why do you think he was killed?
那你認為他死于何因呢
It was a Robbery. How should I know?
搶劫案,我又怎么清楚
The cops said nothing was taken.
警察說他什么都沒丟
Some respect for the dead, huh?
尊重下死者吧
We understand the police have already spoken with you.
我們了解到警方已經傳您問話了
Is that true? When did you speak to the police?
這是真的嗎, 警方是什么時候傳訊你的,
All right, a couple steps back.
好了,都后退幾步
There we go. All right.
好了,就這樣
Come on, keep it moving here.
好了,出發吧
Come on, here we go. Here we go.
好了,出發,走吧
Watch the socks there, eh? yes, Sir.
看著點別弄臟襪子, 是,先生,
You a family man, Harlan?
你有家室吧,哈蘭
Got me a wife and four boys.
老婆和四個兒子
Agent Van Alden. What?
范?奧爾登探員, 誰,
To see you. Nelson Van Alden,
一定要見你, 尼爾森?范?奧爾登,
Senior prohibition agent, bureau of internal revenue.
國稅局高級禁酒探員
Nucky thompson.
在下努基?湯普森
Shoeshine? Coffee?
一起來擦擦鞋,還是喝杯咖啡
Or something stronger maybe?
或者來點夠勁的
Nice set you boys have a sense of humor.
你們真是一點幽默感都沒有啊
Have a seat.
坐吧
You're a difficult man to see.
見你可真不容易啊
I've been waiting since 9:00 a.m.
我從早上九點等到現在
Well, there's your mistake right there.
這就是你的錯了
I don't keep regular hours.
我從不按正常時間作息
That's a little odd for the county treasurer, isn't it?
作為一郡之司庫,不應該啊
Both I and the city of Atlantic
我和這大西洋城一樣
march to our own drummers.
我行我素
Well, what can I do for you?
有什么要我效勞的嗎
I'm investigating saturday night's shootings.
我在調查周六晚上的槍擊案
What's to investigate?
有什么好調查的
We can all rest now that the architect
殺人兇手已經畏罪自殺
of that slaughter's been killed himself.
我們現在都高枕無憂了
Hans Schroeder.
你是說漢斯?施羅德
A hun.
那個德國人
Is it any wonder, though the level of brutality?
為什么會下手這么狠
Hans Schroeder was a baker's apprentice
漢斯?施羅德在一家面包店做學徒
For the past 11 years.
做了11年
He has one citation for public drunkenness
他只因公共場合醉酒被傳訊過一次
Octoberfest, 1912.
那還是在1912年的十月啤酒節上
I wrote that summons myself.
這傳票是我親手寫的
I used to be sheriff here.
我曾是這里的治安官
He pissed inside of a moving trolley.
他在一輛電車里小解
Yet no other criminal record.
但他沒有任何其他犯罪記錄
Be that as it may, innocent people don't end up dead in fishing nets.
無辜的人是不會無緣無故死在漁網里的
Not even in atlantic city?
連大西洋城也不例外
You know, you really should be speaking to our current sheriff.
這話你得跟我們現任的治安官說
Your brother Elias. That's right.
你弟弟伊萊亞斯, 沒錯,
Have you seen "The Hottentot"?
你看沒看過,"霍屯督人"
It's a terrific show. Laugh a minute.
很精彩的節目,特別搞笑
And if you're stag, I can certainly
而且如果你單身的話
introduce you to some eligible young ladies.
我還能介紹幾個美女給你認識
I don't go in much for the theater.
我不怎么喜歡去戲院
Then tell me what you do like.
那么你喜歡什么
I stopped by Schroeder's home.
我去過施羅德的家
His wife isn't there.
他老婆不在
Do you have any idea where I might find her?
你知道我怎么才能找到她嗎
Correct me if I'm wrong, but your bailiwick's alcohol, isn't it?
沒記錯的話,你職責范圍僅限禁酒對吧
Shouldn't you be out somewhere raiding another still?
你現在是不是該去搜捕突查了
I suppose I march to the beat of my own drummer as well.
我想在執行任務上,我也是我行我素
How the hell did he get in here? He was waiting for
你干嘛放他進來, 他等了...
Get my brother on the phone. Ja.
給我弟打電話, 是,
Now. Ja.
馬上, 是,
Citizens, countryman,
市民們,同胞們
Veterans, patriots,
老兵們,愛國者們
join your white brothers
加入你們的白人兄弟
in the knights of the ku klux klan.
加入三K黨吧
Here you are.
給您
Sir, take one.
先生,拿一張吧
We are a christian,
我們信奉基督
Fraternal and proAmerican organization governed by...
團結友愛,支持美國政府...
Thompson. Mr. Thompson.
湯普森,湯普森先生
Shit. What's this sap's name again?
媽的,這人叫什么來的
It's George Baxter. He sells cutlery to the restaurants.
喬治?巴克斯特,他供應餐廳的餐具
Well, if it isn't good old Baxter.
這不是老朋友巴克斯特嗎
How's tricks, my friend?
近況如何,朋友
I'm in clover, I tell you.
我最近受老天爺眷顧
business is grand and I just picked up
生意興隆,還泡到個靚妞
this little chippy down in Baltimore.
帶去巴爾的摩玩
Come here, doll. Say hello to Mr. Thompson.
過來寶貝,跟湯普森先生打個招呼
Hello. Her name's Claudia. She's a shy little thing.
你好, 她叫克勞迪婭,害羞的小妞,
Not especially. Just sometimes.
沒那么害羞,就偶爾啦
You're in good hands with this one, I'll tell you that.
我肯定地告訴你,你絕對找到好歸宿了
Thompson's a big cheese, big as they come.
湯普森可是塊肥肉,肥的流油啊
Some say a big rat.
有人也叫肥耗子
How about it? Is he a card?
看我說吧,多搞笑的人
I certainly hope you'll take in some of our attractions.
我無比期待您能多惠顧我們的賭場
We're gonna paint the town, kiddo.
我們待會兒要去狂歡一把
I wanna go rollerskating.
我想去玩輪滑
Well, if you need anything, you know where to find me.
需要我的地方,盡管說
Your friend's a big shot, huh?
你朋友是個大人物嘛
Old Baxy knows 'em all, baby.
什么大人物老巴克都認識,寶貝
Henry James
象牙塔
Mrs. Schroeder,
施羅德夫人
There's a Mr. Thompson here to see you.
有位姓湯普森的先生來看你
Yes, please.
請他進來
I wasn't sure if you wanted visitors.
我不確定你是不是想見訪客
I'll need a moment.
給我點時間
It'll just be a minute.
請等一分鐘
She's just woken up from her nap.
她剛睡醒
You can come in now.
可以進來了
Mrs. Schroeder,
施羅德夫人
Elias Thompson. I'm the sheriff.
我是治安官伊萊亞斯?湯普森
Yes, I know.
我知道
Well, you're looking well.
你氣色不錯
I go home tomorrow, back to the children.
我明天就回家,回到我的孩子們身邊
That's fine.
那很好
I wanted to talk to you about your husband
我想跟你聊聊你丈夫的事
Late husband
前夫
And his involvement in illegal alcohol.
他涉嫌違反禁酒令
He was never in trouble a day his life,
他這輩子從沒惹過任何麻煩
Not in that manner.
也不會違反禁酒令
The man beat you, Mrs. Schroeder.
這男人打過你,施羅德夫人
He was not a murderer.
但他不是殺人犯
Didn't you just lose a child?
你腹中的孩子不就是他殺的嗎
Did you ever follow your husband when he went out at night?
你丈夫夜間出門的時候,你跟蹤過嗎
Of course not.
當然沒有
Question who his friends were, his associates?
沒懷疑過與他交好,共事的人嗎
No.
沒有
Then the fact is you don't really know what he was up to
懷疑過你其實根本不知道他在做什么吧
And he could have been involved in these shootings.
也懷疑過他其實可能參與了槍擊案吧
Well, II suppose anything
這個,我,我猜
Then he could have been involved.
他有可能參與了
I suppose so.
我猜可能是吧
Then if anyone happens to ask, that's what you'll tell them.
那么如果有人問你,就這么回答
I don't see how You have children
我不明白我憑什么要, 你有孩子,
Theodore, Emily?
西奧多,艾米莉對吧
I'm sure you'd be horrified if they ended up
要是政府拿走你的監護權
in the custody of the county.
你會崩潰吧
Please, I meant no disrespect.
求求你,我沒有任何不敬的意思
Of course not.
當然,我知道
My brother would like you to have this.
我哥哥要你收下這個
Keep what we discussed in the forefront of your mind.
慎重考慮今天我們談的事
Who is he, the mayor?
他是什么人,市長嗎
He's the county treasurer, but he lives like a pharaoh
他是郡司庫,但卻像個土皇帝
The entire eighth floor of the ritz.
包下了豪華旅館的整個八層
All at the public's expense.
全部由公款支付
Grand furniture, crystal vases,
豪華家具,水晶花瓶
Oil paintings, tailored suits.
高檔油畫,高級西裝
Drives a rollsroyce too. At least his chauffeur does.
座駕是勞斯萊斯,還有專屬司機
He's corrupt as the day is long.
他貪污有目共睹
And I'm not just talking about a little graft.
我說的可不是小打小鬧
There isn't a single business he doesn't get a piece of.
他的觸角延伸到了所有領域
Huh? Fleming.
怎么樣, 弗萊明,
What do you say, huh? Two coffees.
你說什么, 兩杯咖啡,
Nor a public employee
所有公職人員
Who doesn't pay for the right to hold his job.
都要賄賂他以保住職位
His aldermen make the collections,
他的參議員四處搜集奇珍異寶
then fill his coffers every week.
每周送到他那里
Nucky. Look who's here.
努克, 看誰來了,
For the ICE fund. Of course.
資助洲際交易所, 當然,
Thank you. Oh, thank you.
謝謝你, 要謝謝你才對,
Sanitation, police
環衛局,警局
Right on time. Fire department.
剛好準時, 消防局,
The envelope catch on fire?
怎么都不包個信封
He's got the entire town paying off.
整座城市都在賄賂他
Yet they still vote him in.
即便如此,人們還讓他繼續當選
The people love him, the darkies especially.
他深受愛戴,尤其是黑人
Remember, gentlemen,
先生們,要記得
to vote excessively but smoke moderately.
隨心所欲地投票,別隨心所欲地吸煙
Every waiter, busboy and porter
服務員,勤雜工還有門房
swears allegiance to him come election time.
都是他選舉時的死忠
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
但這不過是冰山一角
No more bets. Casinos,
不再下注了, 賭場,
Whorehouses
妓院
Even owns a wire service for the racing results.
甚至擁有一家自己的通訊社報道賽事
White shadow in the fifth.
白影名列第五
And alcohol? It hasn't slow down a bit.
走私酒呢, 沒有受到絲毫影響,
There's hardly a bar or a restaurant where you can't get a drink.
無論是酒吧還是餐廳,酒無處不在
It's practically out in the open.
而且都肆無忌憚地擺在明面
You went down to Atlantic city following Arnold Rothstein.
你去大西洋城追查阿諾德?羅斯坦
What about him?
有什么結果
Frankly, sir, I'm beginning to think
頭,說實在的,我覺得這里面
Nucky Thompson is the bigger fish.
努基?湯普森才是大魚
How did she seem? Was she in good spirits?
她氣色怎么樣,精神還好嗎
She took the money, if that's what you mean.
如果你指的是錢,那她收下了
A little defensive about the husband.
她還是比較袒護她丈夫的
You should've dumped him
你本來就該照我說的
like I told you side of the road somewhere.
把尸體扔在路邊就算了
"Get rid of him," is what you said.
你說的是,干掉他,
I meant publicly, so he could be identified.
我是指讓他的身份被公開指認出來
he was identified.
他是被指認出了
The fish could have ate his face off, Eli.
伊萊,要是魚把他的臉啃掉怎么辦
He could have drifted to Nova Scotia.
怎么辦
Use your noodle next time, eh?
下回好好動動你的腦子,知道嗎
I'll be up front.
我去前面看看
Mickey.
米奇
Mickey, wake up.
米奇,醒醒
Jesus.
老天
what fucking took you so long? you're out, Mickey.
怎么現在才來, 米奇你出局了,
So long, sucker.
再見了,混蛋
see youse in the funny papers.
咱連環漫畫欄里再見
Not out of jail, out of business.
你不是出獄,是出局
Chalky White's taking over.
朝琪?懷特已經接手了
What are you talking about? Why?
你說什么呢,為什么
You broke the cardinal rule, Mickey. You got caught.
你破壞了最基本的規矩,你被捕了
That was a setup. The fix was in from the beginning.
這次是設計好的,我一開始就被盯上了
Shut the fuck up!
媽的你給我閉嘴
What am I supposed to tell my partners?
我要怎么給我向合作伙伴交代
Tell them whatever you like.
隨你便
The Feds know who you are now, Mickey. You're contagious.
他們摸清你底細了,你會危害我們的
So you'll bail me out at least? No can do.
你至少會保釋我出去吧, 沒門,
I can't risk them tying us together.
我不想讓他們以為我跟你有干系
So you're just gonna leave me in here with slantyeyes?
你想裝作事不關己把我關在這里頭嗎
He don't even talk English!
這家伙連英語都不會說
Think of it as a way to broaden your horizons.
那你就當拓展視野吧
Nucky!
努基
Go ahead.
進來
Surprise!
有驚喜哦
Merry christmas. Ho ho ho ho.
圣誕節快樂,哈哈
Merry christmas, merry christmas.
圣誕快樂,圣誕快樂
Mwah! What is this?
親一口, 怎么回事,
It's christmas. What does it look like?
過圣誕呀,不然是什么
It was christmas over a month ago.
圣誕已經是一個多月前的事了
Yeah, but not like this, it wasn't.
沒錯,但沒有這么過就不算
Oh my god, what did you do?
老天,你怎么弄的
Nucky gave me a bonus.
努基給我分紅了
I mean, why wait till next year, right?
我們干嘛要把好日子留到明年呢
The treeI found it in the alley around the corner.
這棵樹是我在巷子的拐角里弄來的
Say, pal, what do you think of this?
小子,你覺得這個怎么樣
Rip it. Here, I'll help you.
撕開它, 來吧,我幫你,
Truck!
卡車
That's right.
沒錯啦
Truck.
是輛卡車
Truck.
卡車
For you.
這個是給你的
What is it?
是什么
Oh my god.
老天啊
Jimmy, this must have cost $100.
吉米,這個得花上一百塊吧
Do you like it? Yes, of course.
你喜歡嗎, 我當然喜歡,
Then let me worry about the cost.
那就不用花了多少錢了
Here, and this one too.
還有這個
Tada.
來啦
Is that a vacuum sweeper?
這個是吸塵器嗎
The fella said he can barely keep them in stock.
店里的家伙說這個都快脫銷了
Here, plug it in.
看著,把插頭插上
Mommy, mommy, mommy.
媽媽,媽媽
It's a noise.
只是點小噪音而已
Don't worry, it's not gonna hurt you.
別害怕,它傷害不了你的
Come on, buddy.
別這樣嘛,伙計
Tommy, look.
湯米,快看
Look, it's a vacuum sweeper.
快看這個吸塵器
You see?
看見沒
Someone's very tired.
他太累了
New York City
紐約市
Mr. Rothstein, Charlie Luciano to see you.
羅斯坦先生,查理?盧西亞諾想跟你會面
We've got a special guest.
今天有位貴客來訪
Frankie Yale. How are you? A.R.
弗蘭基?耶魯,你好嗎, 還不錯,
I understand you just got back from Chicago.
我聽說你剛從芝加哥回來
That's why you brung me here?
你帶我來就是為了這個嗎
I asked him to, Frankie.
弗蘭基,是我讓他帶你來的
I was visiting a friend. So what?
我去看望一位朋友,怎么了
It was a lousy visit though, huh?
不期而至的差勁拜訪吧
For your friend, I mean.
我是說,對你朋友而言
Help yourself.
請自便吧
There was a man once
曾經有個人
I don't recall his name
我忘了他叫什么名字了
Frequented the billiard parlors downtown.
是城里臺球室的常客
He made a comfortable living
他有個不錯的謀生手段
wagering whether he could swallow certain objects,
常跟別人打賭他能咽下某件東西
billiard balls being a specialty.
他尤其擅長咽臺球
He'd pick a ball,
他拿起一個球
take it down his gullet to here,
然后咽到食道這里
then regurgitate it back up.
再把球吐出來
And one evening I decided to challenge this man to a wager
終于,有天晚上我跟那人打賭
in cash for him to do the trick with a billiard ball of my choosing.
拿一萬塊賭他吞下我選中的臺球,10,000
Now he knew I'd seen him do this a dozen times,
因為他知道我此前看他做過無數遍
so I can only surmise that he thought I was stupid.
所以估計他當時把我當傻子了
We laid down the cash and I handed him the cue ball.
我們各自押下現金后我把母球遞給他
He swallowed it down.
他把球咽了下去
It lodged in his throat
那球堵在了他喉嚨里
and he choked to death on the spot.
把他當場活活噎死
What I knew and he didn't was that the cue ball
當時我沒告訴他母球
was 1/16th of an inch larger than the other balls
比其他球的直徑要大十六分之一英寸
Just too large to swallow.
這個尺寸正好咽不下
Do you know what the moral of this tale is, Mr. Yale?
耶魯先生,你知道這個故事的寓意嗎
Don't eat a cue ball?
不要咽母球嗎
The moral of this story
這個故事的寓意是
is that if I'd cause a stranger to choke to death for my own amusement,
既然我能隨心所欲地讓一個陌生人噎死
what do you think I'll do to you if you don't tell me
那么如果你不告訴我誰指使你殺了科洛西莫
who ordered you to kill Colosimo?
你覺得我會怎么對你
Jimmy honey,
吉米親愛的
It's not a good time.
現在不合適
I don't mind.
我不管
Let's do something else.
我們做點別的吧
Maybe
要不
Maybe we could, you know, do it the french way.
要不,我們試試法國式
What?
是什么
Well, when we were outside Paris,
我們當時在巴黎城外
Some fellas were talking about some gals they met that...
有人說起他們遇到過的女孩們
Oh, you want me to put my mouth down there?
你是想讓我給你口交
There were so many times when I would think of you.
很多時候我都會想起你
I would get so hard.
我過得很艱難
Mama, mama. God damn it!
媽媽,媽媽, 真該死,
It's okay. Shit.
沒事的, 混蛋,
Mama, where are you?
媽媽你在哪里
Mama's right here, baby. I can't find you.
寶貝,媽媽在這兒, 我找不到你,
The kid's got timing, huh?
這孩子真會挑時機呢
Are you hungry?
你餓嗎
You want me to fix you a steak?
要不要給你弄點吃的
No, I gotta do something.
不用了,我還有事情
We now take you to ancient Greece!
現在讓我們把你們帶到古希臘的世界
Behold the sirens,
看那海妖
The stunning temptresses who, in their wickedness,
這些令人著迷的美麗女妖用邪惡的力量
enticed Odysseus to dash himself upon the rocks.
引誘奧德修斯把船駛向海礁
Cue the waves crashing.
海浪開始拍打
Sound, that's your cue!
注意聲音,到你了
Sound!
注意聲音
Let's break.
休息吧
Five minutes.
休息五分鐘
I'm really thirsty.
我渴壞了
You want a something? Sure.
你想去喝點什么嗎, 好啊,
Jimmy!
吉米
Oh, baby baby baby.
親愛的,親愛的
Jimmy.
吉米
Oh, my baby.
我的寶貝
Ma, it's all right. Baby baby baby.
好啦, 寶貝,
Why didn't you write? I thought you were dead.
為什么不給我寫信,我還以為你死了呢
I'm fine.
我好著呢
I missed you so much. I missed you, I did.
我好想你,真的,我好想你
It's all right. Come on.
好了,差不多了
Oh my god, I'm shaking.
老天啊,我全身在發抖
When did you come home?
你什么時候回來的
I've been home over a month now.
我已經回來一個多月了
And you're just coming to see me now?
你到現在才來看我
I've been busy.
我回來后一直都很忙
Come on, put on some clothes.
來吧,把衣服穿上
Oh, I
對了,我
I got you something.
我給你買了件禮物
What is this?
是什么
Jimmy.
吉米
It's okay. Come on, ma.
沒關系的,媽媽
This is it. This is the one.
就是這個,就是這串
It's close. It's very similar.
是很像,它們是同一款的
I had the same necklace years ago from his father.
幾年前他父親送了我一條一模一樣的
I don't have a father.
我沒有父親
She sold it to keep a roof over my head.
她把它賣了,我才不至于居無定所
She's a good egg, your mom.
你媽媽是個好人
I promised you I'd replace it, didn't I?
我向你保證過我會把它換回來的不是嗎
Just having you back...
你能回來我就
I don't know what to say.
我不知道該說什么好了
What are you doing?
你在干什么
It's 4:30.
四點半了
I'm clocking in.
我來打卡簽到
Just like that?
你就這樣簽到嗎
I'd say our relationship has changed
我認為我們的關系在這幾天里
rather significantly in the past few days. Wouldn't you agree?
已經發生了質的改變了,你說呢
You tell me.
你告訴我
Actually, why don't you tell me?
你就不能給我解釋清楚
You can start with what the fuck happened the other night.
先說說那天晚上你干了什么破事
How's that? All right.
說吧, 行,
Did I invite you to sit?
我讓你坐下了嗎
Me and Al, we got to talking about life
我跟阿爾談了一會人生
Who's Al? Capone. He works for Johnny Torrio.
哪個阿爾, 卡波尼,強尼?托里奧的手下,
The Chubby kid? Yeah.
那胖小伙嗎, 對,
Did Torrio sanction this? Only after the fact.
托里奧準許這么做嗎, 他也是事后知道,
It was my idea mine and Al's.
是我提起的,我跟阿爾的主意
We got to talking about life, family, money.
我們就談了談人生,家庭和金錢
He's got a little boy of his own. Young children at home
他自己也有小孩, 有小孩的人,
and there's no goddamn accountability whatsoever.
還一點責任感都沒有
I said I was sorry, Nuck. Really?
努克,我說了對不起了,真的嗎,
When was that?
你什么時候說過
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I thought it would be easy, okay?
本以為很簡單
Get the drop on them, swipe the truck.
搶先一步,襲擊卡車
No one would get hurt. And me? Where'd I figure in?
無傷亡, 我呢,我怎么辦,
It would have never been traced back to you.
不會找到你頭上
Oh well, guess what.
希望如此
A fed came in to see me this morning,
國稅局的人今早來見我
standing right where you are now,
就站在你所在的那個位置
asking questions about Saturday night.
詢問周六的事
What'd you tell him? To bugger himself.
你怎么說的, 去他媽的,
What the fuck do you think?
你以為會怎么說
There were deer in the woods.
林子突然出來一只鹿
Al got spooked. He started shooting.
阿爾被嚇到了,開了槍
So you kill four fucking guys?
所以你就殺了四個人嗎
Five. Actually, there were four,
五個, 現場就四具尸體,
but let's not quibble over that little detail, shall we?
算了還是不糾纏這個小細節了
We couldn't leave any witnesses, Nuck.
我們不能留下目擊證人,努克
Fucking idiot.
傻瓜
I screwed up, okay? I'm sorry.
我搞砸了,抱歉
I'm gonna make it up to you. I'll work extra hours.
我會補償你,我會加班的
Hold on there.
停,等下
Wait a second. You don't work for me anymore.
你不再為我工作了
Let's get that straight right now.
我把這點言明了吧
And you made that decision, not me.
是你這么決定的,不是我
Well, who's gonna drive you? What's the difference?
那誰給你當司機, 是誰都一樣,
Wanna be a gangster, kid? Go be a gangster.
想做黑社會是嗎,那就去做吧
But if you want to be a gangster in my town,
但若在我的小鎮做黑社會
then you'll pay me for the privilege.
就要給我交保護費
That envelope you gave me, my end
你給我的那信封里的錢
according to my calculations you're three grand short.
根據我的計算,還差三千美元
What do you mean? Are you deaf and stupid?
你什么意思, 你又聾又傻嗎,
You pull a stunt like that,
你耍小伎倆
assfuck me with Arnold Rothstein.
洗劫阿諾德?羅斯坦給我添麻煩
In the process, you owe me another three grand.
根據規定,你還欠我三千美元
Nucky, I spent most of the money.
努基,大部分錢我都花掉了
You got 48 hours.
三千美元,兩天期限,$3,000.
What'll it be?
來點什么
I'll take a whiskey and a statement on the record.
一杯威士忌,一個記錄在案的聲明
How's that?
什么內容
Eddie Corrigan, "Chicago Tribune."
埃迪?克里根, "芝加哥論壇報"
I believe we already met.
相信我們已經會過面了
You drinking or what? Whiskey, like I said.
喝點什么, 我說了,威士忌,
Three bucks.
三美元
What's your name? Al Brown.
你叫什么, 阿爾?布朗,
Hit me again.
再來一杯
I'm going with a story linking Johnny Torrio
我正在追查關于強尼?托里奧
to the Big Jim murder.
是否是"大塊頭"吉姆血案的真兇
Why would you do that?
為什么這么做
Because I think it's true.
因為我認為這是真相
Would you like to make a statement?
你想對此做一下聲明嗎
Sure.
沒問題
What the fuck's going on?
發生什么事了
I'm making a statement.
我在發表聲明
Arnold Rothstein again.
又是阿諾德?羅斯坦
Put on a black suit. You'll be driving me tonight.
穿上黑制服,今晚為我開車
Shall I wear a chauffeur's cap as well?
還要戴司機帽嗎
If you want. Well, I have to borrow one then.
你想戴就戴, 我得去借個,
Well then borrow one. Or don't.
那就去借個,或者不借
What are you asking me for?
你問我干什么
The chauffeur must have a cap.
司機必須佩戴帽子
Hello?
你好
Nucky, Arnold Rothstein.
努基,我是阿諾德?羅斯坦
What a pleasant surprise.
真是個驚喜
Yeah, I'm sure.
我同意
So the reason I've been calling
我打電話過來是因為
the delivery I arranged, I never received it.
我沒收到安排好的貨物
You don't say.
是嗎
The truck ran out of petrol. Who knows?
卡車沒油了,誰知道呢
We'll chalk it up to a misunderstanding.
先算作誤解好了
Chalk it up however you'd like.
隨你怎樣記
Fine.
好,
Then 100 grand should cover it.
十萬美元應該夠了
Excuse me?
你說什么
You owe me $100,000, Mr. Thompson.
湯普森先生,你欠我十萬美元
It's bad enough you sold my load to Chicago.
你把我的貨賣到芝加哥,太不夠意思了
My sisterinlaw's nephew was one of those drivers.
我侄子是運輸人之一
I didn't sell your load to anyone,
我沒把你的貨轉讓給任何人
And I don't care if your mother was one of the drivers.
再說就算是你媽媽運的,我也不關心
Is this the way you do business?
你就是這么做生意的嗎
You wanna see how I do business?
你想知道我如何做生意嗎
Show your face again in Atlantic City.
再來大西洋城試試看
Shit.
媽的
Jimmy?
吉米
Go back to sleep.
回去睡覺
What are you doing?
你在做什么
Nothing, I'mI'm getting something.
沒事,我拿點東西
Is everything all right?
沒事吧
Go back to sleep.
回去睡覺
You're gonna wake the baby.
會吵醒孩子的
Mrs. Schroeder? HELLO?
施羅德夫人, 你好,
I'm Nelson Van Alden.
我是尼爾森?范?奧爾登
I'm with the bureau of internal revenue.
我來自國家稅收局
I'd like to speak to you about your husband.
我想和您談談關于您丈夫的事
Please.
請進
Is this a bad time?
來的不是時候嗎
I'm just back from the hospital.
我剛從醫院回來
Oh, I didn't realize.
我不知道
Please
請,.
Sit.
請坐
First of all, my condolences.
首先向您致以我最沉痛的哀悼
I'm sure your husband was a fine and decent man.
我知道您的丈夫是老實體面的人
I realize this is cold comfort,
也許這對您的悲痛無濟于事
but I have reason to believe
但我有理由相信
that his murder is unrelated
他的死因與
to any alleged ties to bootlegging.
與偷盜無關
II don't understand.
我不明白
He was a patsy, Mrs. Schroeder,
施羅德夫人,您丈夫被人騙了
adupe set up to take the fall.
讓人設計推下大海
By whom? I'm not sure yet.
被誰, 還不清楚,
Do you mind if I smoke? Please.
介意我抽煙嗎, 隨意,
I, umI had a ribbon.
我有個發帶
What exactly is the nature
您與努基?湯普森
of your relationship to Nucky Thompson?
的關系是什么樣的
hey, Nuck. hey, Champ.
你好,努克, 你好,大舌頭,
Say, can you lend me a few bucks?
能借我些錢嗎
I'd like to, but I'm a little short.
可以,但我手頭有點緊(太矮了,一語雙關)
That one kills me!
真要命
Oh, look at the lovebirds.
瞧瞧這對恩愛夫妻
Looks like you're having a ball.
看起來你們要共赴舞會
We're having a swell time, sure.
享受美好時光,是的
Saltwater Taffy! Would you like some?
咸味太妃糖,想來點嗎
No, but you go ahead.
不要,你去吧
Talk about a flat tire.
談談癟了的輪胎
Lionel barrymore last night, dinner at the knife & fork,,
萊昂納爾?巴里摩爾昨晚用刀叉進餐
champagne till dawn and not so much as a smooch.
喝香檳,親吻到天明
She looks like a pushover. That's what I thought.
她看似很容易得手啊, 我也這么想,
What are you, about 20, 21?
你多大了,二十,二十一歲嗎
Oh, forgive me for asking.
對不起,我太唐突了
It's just that george and I were talking.
我正和喬治談論這個問題
I'm 19.
我十九歲
Why, that's ideal.
真不錯
You see, I'm thinking of sponsoring a beauty contest
我正考慮辦個選美大賽
right here in Atlantic City.
地點就在大西洋城
And if you don't mind my saying,
如果你不介意
You've got plenty of what it takes.
我很希望您能參加
A beauty contest?
選美比賽嗎
Naturally. Who doesn't love a pretty girl?
誰天性不愛美女
What would I have to do?
我要怎么做
Keep in touch and I'll let you know.
保持聯系,我會通知你
Oh, incidentally,
順便一提
Georgie here will be one of our judges.
喬治會作為評委出席
Really? Certainly.
真的嗎, 沒問題,
Thanks, Nuck. You're the darb.
謝謝,努克,你太棒了
That oughtta warm her up.
這會讓她興奮起來
Hello? Atlantic City, New Jersey,
你好, 新澤西州, 大西洋城,
to Chicago, Illinois.
轉接伊利諾伊州芝加哥
It took you long enough. I've been waiting a halfhour.
太慢了,我已經等了半個小時了
Go ahead, please.
請繼續說
Hello?
什么
Al. Al.
阿爾,阿爾
Come here. Hello? Is anyone there?
過來, 你好,有人在聽嗎,
Who's this?
你是誰
Al, it's Jimmy.
阿爾,我是吉米
Jimmy Darmody. Who?
吉米?達莫迪, 誰,
Jimmy, Atlantic City.
大西洋城的吉米
What gives?
什么事
I'm in a fix. I need your help.
我有麻煩了,需要你幫忙
What kind of fix? The coppers?
什么麻煩,條子嗎
No, it's not that.
不,不是這樣
II need money.
我,我需要錢
You blew all that dough already?
你都揮霍光了嗎
It's a long story.
說起來話長
I need you to wire me $500.
我想你匯給我五百美元
What? I didn't hear you.
什么,我沒聽清
I need you to go to Western Union
我要你明天去西聯匯款公司
and wire me $500.
給我匯五百美元
I can't hear you, pal.
我聽不到,兄弟
There's trouble on the wire.
線路有問題
Al.
阿爾
Jimmy? Jimmy, are you there?
吉米,吉米,你還在嗎
Al, can you hear me? I can't hear you.
阿爾,能聽到我說話嗎, 我聽不到,
Al! Call me back, pal.
阿爾, 再打過來,兄弟,
Sounds like you need help.
聽起來你需要幫助
Son of a bitch!
狗娘養的
Al!
阿爾
Operator. May I help you?
我是接線員,您需要幫助嗎
Yeah, you you can go jump in a fucking lake.
是,你他媽的跳河去吧
Why is the money cold?
為什么錢很涼
It was in my pocket. You walked here?
在我的口袋里放的, 你走過來的,
I let Jimmy go.
我把吉米趕走了
It's time he struck out on his own.
他是時候開創自己的事業了
Well, maybe it'll be good for him,
也許這對他有好處
Toughen him up a little bit.
給他點磨礪
Pour me one of those cognacs, will you?
幫我倒點科涅克白蘭地,好嗎
Fuckin' indigestion.
有點消化不良
You and me both. Stomach's been killing me.
你我都是, 胃疼差點要了我的命,
So what do you hear from trenton?
你從特倫敦那里聽到什么了
Senator edge is coming down,
參議員的利刃就要來了
Frank Hague too from Jersey City,
弗蘭克?海牙自澤西城而來
for my birthday.
為我祝壽
Oh Jesus.
天啊
A grown man still throwing himself birthdays.
成年老男人了,還喜歡過生日
Does that mean I should cancel your cooze for the night?
這是否意味著我應該取消您夜間的性服務
The fuck it does.
是他媽這么回事
I'm hoping to pin edge down
我希望略微
on that road appropriation money.
減少修路的撥款
You should horsetrade. The election's coming up.
你該和他討價還價一番,選舉在即
He's got his eye on Washington.
他正虎視眈眈華盛頓的位置
I think he can go all the way.
我想他會一直做下去
God knows the ladies like him. Yeah.
上帝都知道他討女人的喜歡, 是啊,
That could be a lot of goddamn votes.
這得有多少票啊
That's a frightening thought.
多么可怕的想法
Well, a vote's a vote, isn't it?
但是投票歸投票,不是嗎
You think so?
你這樣想的嗎
Louanne.
露安
Louanne?
露安
God damn it.
該死的
Louanne.
露安
Jesus. What the hell are you doing back there?
上帝,你到底在外面做什么
Fixing your supper, commodore
準備您的晚餐,準將先生
When you hear this bell, get your ass in here.
當你聽到鈴聲的時候,趕緊到這兒來
Do you understand that? Yes, sir.
懂了嗎, 懂了,先生,
Is there something I could do for you?
有什么能為您做的嗎
I want you to tell Mr.Thompson here
我想讓你告訴湯普森先生
what your thoughts are on the League of Nations.
你對于國際聯盟的看法
Beg pardon?
麻煩您再說一次
Tell Mr.Thompson what your thoughts are
告訴湯普森先生你對于國際聯盟
on the League of Nations.
的看法
Big meeting there last week, right?
上周開了個大會,對吧
Paris?
在巴黎
I don't know what that is, sir.
我不知道那是什么,先生
Well, how do you feel about the Harriday Act?
你覺得哈里代法案怎么樣
Holiday? Harriday.
假日, 哈里代,
Allows banks to operate through subsidiaries.
哈里代法案允許銀行經營子公司
Sorry, commodore,
很抱歉,準將
I'm not versed in these matters.
我沒聽說過這些事情
Of course she isn't. She empties my pisspot.
她當然沒聽說過,她只是個泄欲工具
That's your woman's vote.
你所謂的女人票不過如此
We now take you to feudal Japan!
我們帶你回到封建時期的日本
Come on, come on! Aw, Jesus.
快點,快點, 上帝啊,
What are you waiting for! That's us.
你還在等什么, 輪到我們了,
The cue's coming. Come on, let's go.
尾白馬上到了, 快點,我們走吧,
It happens every time. Yeah.
每次都這樣, 對啊,
"My dearest Rose,
"親愛的羅斯,
I trust and pray to our lord
我相信主,并向其禱告
that this missive finds you well
這封信函能保你身體健康
and in good spirits.
心情愉快
Important agency business
公務纏身
keeps me from home,
無法回家
for how much longer I cannot say.
不知道何時能夠結束
Please see to it
請你務必
that you run the faucets at least twice a day,
每天查看管道接口處兩次
as the winter weather can cause the pipes to crack.
因為冬季管子易裂
Your devoted husband,
愛你的丈夫
Nelson."
尼爾森
Shoe.
鞋子
You know, you oughtta grow a mustache.
你應該留小胡子
What?
什么
Sure.
當然
Like Douglas Fairbanks.
像道格拉斯?范朋克那樣
Douglas Fairbanks belongs in Snake Alley
道格拉斯?范朋克應該呆在華西街
with the other powder puffs.
陪著另一個女人
You ask me, he's all man.
要我說,他是純爺們
He's starring in "The mark of zorro."
他主演了《佐羅的面具》
I'll put that on my list.
我會考慮的
Ahem, Mrs.Schroeder is here.
施羅德夫人來了
Now? She says she must see you.
現在嗎, 她說一定要見您,
Who's Mrs. Schroeder?
施羅德夫人是誰
Just wait in the car with Eddie.
和埃迪到車里等我
Mrs. Schroeder, what a surprise.
施羅德夫人,真是稀客
I'm sorry. I know it's late.
對不起,我知道很晚了
It's nearly midnight. Where are your children?
已經接近午夜了,你的孩子們在哪兒
They're with a neighbor.
他們和鄰居在一起
Shall we?
進去談吧
Here, have a seat.
請坐
Mr. Thompson, I apologize,
湯普森先生,我向您道歉
But I need to return this.
我要把這筆錢還給你
Well, that certainly could have waited till tomorrow.
等到明天再還也沒關系
No, it couldn't.
不,不能等
That money...
這筆錢
I don't know what it is, what it's for.
我不知道是哪兒來的,做什么用的
It was weighing too heavily on my conscience.
這讓我的良心過意不去
Your conscience?
你的良心
Well, why should it do that?
為什么這樣想
With my husband gone...
隨著我丈夫去世
I understand what you're going through, whatever the circumstances.
不論情況怎樣,我明白你內心的痛苦
Was she very young, your wife?
她很早就去世了嗎,你的妻子
Yes, she was.
是的,很早就去世了
28.
才28歲,
She was a beautiful loving woman.
她是個美麗可愛的女人
I'll keep her in my prayers.
我會為她祈禱的
Thank you.
謝謝你
When I came to you for help,
我向你尋求幫助的時候
it was only to ask for employment for my husband.
只是希望您能雇傭他
I was a parlormaid back in Ireland.
我曾經在愛爾蘭做女仆
With these soft hands?
用這雙柔嫩的手嗎
My point is I wasn't seeking alms.
我的意思是,我不是來尋求施舍
But we're Christians. That was the charitable thing.
但我們是基督徒,幫助他人是做善事
Charity degrades those who receive it
施舍使接受者蒙羞
and hardens those who dispense it.
使付出者冷酷無情
That's French or something, isn't it?
法國人寫的,是嗎
George Sand. He was a poet.
喬治?桑, 他是個詩人,
He was a she, actually.
實際上,他是女人
Baroness Amandine Lucile Dupin.
奧羅爾?杜邦男爵夫人
Sand was her penname.
桑是她的筆名
My employer was a barrister.
我的雇主是個律師
The house was filled with books.
家里堆滿了書
and I'll bet you read them all. as many as I could.
我猜你肯定都看過了, 能讀的都讀了,
Will you help me, mr. Thompson?
你能幫我嗎,湯普森先生
All I want is to provide for my children.
我只想撫養我的孩子
I'd like to help you.
我非常想幫助你
Then tell me what to do.
那告訴我應該怎么做
What do you want from me?
我拿什么和您交換
I want you
我想讓你
To vote republican.
給共和黨投票
george, stop! kiss me, baby. Come on.
喬治,別這樣, 親我,寶貝,
You see what you're doing to me?
知道該怎么犒勞我了吧
Stop getting fresh.
別得寸進尺
Come on, honey. I'm crazy for you.
別這樣,寶貝,我快瘋了
Stop. I'm not that kind of girl.
住手,我不是那種女孩
Really? Well, what kind of girl are you, huh?
真的嗎,那你是哪類女孩
So that's the way it's gonna be, huh?
這就是結局是嗎
Come near me and I'll scream.
再靠近我就喊人了
Come near you? Who can get close to you?
靠近,誰能靠近你
Get your things. I'm taking you back to Baltimore.
拿上你的東西,我送你回巴爾的摩
At this hour?
現在
Well, I've got headlamps, haven't I?
我車有大燈
A guy comes home and he sees his wife
一個漢子回家看到
In bed with a stranger.
她老婆和一個陌生人躺在床上
He says, "What the hell are you two doing?"
他質問,你們兩個在干什么
She turns to the stranger and says,
她看了一眼陌生人說
"See? I told you he was stupid."
看到了嗎,我告訴你他是個笨蛋,
fella comes home to his wife and he says,
另一個漢子回家對他的老婆說
"Honey, pack your bags. I've just won the irish sweepstakes."
親愛的,收拾東西,我剛贏了愛爾蘭彩票,
She says, "Well, should I pack for warm weather or cold?"
她問,那我應該拿厚衣服還是薄衣服
"Doesn't matter to me," He says,
都一樣,他回答,
"As long as you're gone by noon."
只要你中午前離開這就行,
you had one the other day nucky.
你那天說的那個也很搞笑, 努基,
Sir james of the absecon isle.
來自阿布希肯島的詹姆斯爵士
I got what you asked for.
我湊夠你要的錢了
Do I need to count it?
我是不是得數數
Only if you don't trust me.
除非你不信我
So we're square?
我們還是一家人
As a block of ice.
堅不可摧
Gentlemen and ladies, to the tables.
女士們先生們,來賭一把
Money plays.
金錢游戲
on black.
三千美元壓黑,3,000
Check play.
買定離手
No more bets.
下注結束
And the world turns.
世界在旋轉
RED.23
23號紅,
Not my night apparently.
今晚運氣不佳啊
it's okay, baby. I know.
沒事的,寶貝, 我知道,
I've still got you though. Right?
我這不是還有你呢嗎
A waste of time, that's what this trip was.
這次旅行根本就是浪費時間
There are plenty of girls
天涯何處無芳草
Plenty, who'd give their eye teeth
片片芳草愿為我
For a time like I showed you
展露芳姿
Theater, champagne, fancy suppers,
劇院,香檳,美妙的晚餐
in a dress shop!
還有七十美元的衣服,$70
You could've shown a little gratitude, you know.
你至少應該心存感激
"Not that kind of girl."
不是那樣的女孩,
What kind of girl goes away with a fella she just met, anyway?
什么樣的女孩會跟著剛認識的男人一起出來旅行
You can forget about that beauty pageant,
告訴你
I'll tell you that right now.
忘了那些盛裝集會吧
All right, enough. Quit your jabbering.
行了,夠了,閉嘴吧
Pull over.
停車
Go on, do it.
快點,聽我的
You wanna kiss me? Go ahead.
你想親我是嗎,來吧
You bet I do.
我當然想
Go on, unbutton your trousers.
繼續,解開褲子