I get Ava Hessington acquitted...
我證明艾娃·海辛頓無罪
Darby backs me for managing partner.
達比支持我當經營合伙人
I don't want it anymore.
我不想接受了
Get out of my sight.
你趕快從我眼前消失
You called Mariga.
你給馬里加打電話了
To offer him a bribe.
提出賄賂他
Doesn't matter.
無所謂了
Dennis never had him in the first place.
丹尼斯根本就沒找到馬里加上校
But he does now.
但現在找到了
You're saying he traced my call?
你是說他追蹤了我的電話
You're suing me for ownership of Mikado.
你為了米卡度的所有權起訴我
He said he might as well have left his cat
他說他還不如把貓
with Michael Vick.
交給邁克爾·維克
I'm offering you a settlement.
我現在提出一個協議
You get back the associates.
你重新掌管律師們
I get back my cat.
但要把貓還給我
Clifford Danner. He was 18.
克利福德·丹納當時十八歲
I put him in jail 12 years ago.
十二年前,我控他入獄
He's innocent.
他是清白的
Cameron buried the evidence.
卡梅隆掩蓋了證據
Emmanuel Mariga 20 years ago
這是伊曼紐爾·馬里加二十年前
at the University of Cape Town.
在開普敦大學的照片
He was on the rugby team.
他是英式橄欖球隊隊員
You know who else played rugby?
你知道還有誰也打英式橄欖球嗎
Stephen Huntley.
史蒂芬·亨特利
Stephen was the one who ordered those killings.
史蒂芬才是下令殺人的幕后黑手
I'm so sorry, Harvey.
我很抱歉,哈維
Tell me he looks worse.
告訴我他看起來更慘
He does.
必須的
Are you hurt?
痛嗎
No, I'm fine.
不,沒事
I hope you didn't do that because of me.
希望你不是因為我才這么做的
It was a fight, Donna, not a duel.
打架而已,唐娜,又不是決斗
How could I not have Listen to me.
我怎么會... 聽我說
Stephen betrayed us all.
史蒂芬背叛了我們所有人
You don't understand, Harvey.
你不明白,哈維
I was with him.
我當時和他在一起
And he was capable of something like that,
他能干出這種事
and I didn't even see it.
我卻毫不知情
You know, I'm supposed to Donna!
我應該...唐娜
It's okay.
沒事的
Just tell me you're gonna make him pay.
告訴我你會讓他付出代價的
He'll pay.
會的
Let's not talk about it.
什么都別說
Talk about what?
說什么
What do you need me to do?
你要我做什么
I need you to keep going with everything you have
我要你繼續追查手頭資料
to impeach Mariga's testimony.
推翻馬里加的證詞
What about the stuff on Stephen?
那史蒂芬那邊呢
Not yet. Why not?
按兵不動,為什么
Because we don't have proof.
因為我們沒有證據
The trial's in two days.
庭審就在兩天后
We should bring Ava in and tell her
我們應該請艾娃過來告訴她...
Not yet. Why not?
先不要,為什么
Because we don't have proof.
因為我們沒有證據
Harvey, we have to do something.
哈維,我們總得有所行動吧
And how would that conversation go?
要怎么說
"Hi, Ava, turns out one of the lawyers from our firm
艾娃,看來我們律所的一位律師
is trying to frame you for a crime he committed."
想把他犯下的罪行誣陷給你
"But right now we're not sure we can do anything about it."
但現在我們可能束手無策
What are you gonna do?
你準備怎么做
I'm gonna go home, get a good night's sleep,
我準備回家好好睡上一覺
and then tomorrow I'm gonna find out
明早再弄清楚
what the whole story is.
整件事的來龍去脈
Harvey, Stephen isn't gonna tell you
哈維,史蒂芬可不會告訴你
what the whole story is.
整件事的來龍去脈
No, but there's someone else who can.
他是不會,但有別人會
You knew this case was heading your way
在你來找我們之前
before you ever came after us.
就知道這案子會找上你
That's why you wanted to merge.
所以你才要合并
Yes, it is.
沒錯
And I regret the situation as much as you do.
我跟你們一樣對此局面深表遺憾
But what's done is done.
但木已成舟
Is that what you told Stephen when you found out he did it?
你得知史蒂芬的所作所為之后也這么說嗎
Found out?
得知
How do we know he didn't order it?
誰知道是不是他下的令
Because I am giving you my word.
我向你們保證,不是我
Why should we trust a man who sent Stephen over here
我們憑什么相信一個派史蒂芬過來
to cover his ass?
擦屁股的人
I sent Stephen over here because I care about Ava,
我派史蒂芬過來是因為我關心艾娃
which is why I sent him to the E.I.R. in the first place.
也正是如此我當初才派他去處理環境影響調查
I had no idea he would do what he did,
我不知道他會做出這種事
and I have been trying to fix it ever since.
自那之后我也一直想撥亂反正
Then fix it right now. And how exactly can I do that?
那就現在處理好,怎么處理
By stating in court
在法庭上直言
Stephen acted alone without Ava's knowledge.
是史蒂芬背著艾娃下令殺人
I can't. Why not?
不行,為什么
Because he never told me.
因為他從沒親口跟我說過
And you never asked because you never wanted to know.
你從沒問過,因為你從來不想知道
You piece of shit.
你個雜碎
You care about Ava so much.
你這么關心艾娃
How could you do this to her?
怎么能這么對她
I wasn't doing anything to her.
我沒對她怎么樣
I was trying to do something for her.
我本想為她做些事
Remind me never to ask you for any favors.
提醒我千萬別請你幫忙
Well, I'm not asking for a favor.
這不是請你幫忙
But you are going to agree to do something right now.
你現在得答應做些事
And what is that?
什么事
It's not gonna work.
沒用的
I cut you off to get your attention.
為了引起你的注意,我把電話線切斷了
Well, you have it.
我注意到你了
Good, 'cause I just have one question for you.
很好,我就想問你一個問題
How can you live with yourself?
你怎么對得住自己的良心
What? You know what?
什么,我跟你說
I don't have any questions for you.
我沒什么要問的
I just came in here to let you know that you make me sick.
我只是過來告訴你,你讓我惡心
Obviously I hurt you, Donna,
顯然我傷害了你,唐娜
and I never meant to do that.
我也不想的
Oh, you didn't hurt me.
你沒傷害我
You just made me somebody who slept with a murderer.
你只是把我變成了一個跟殺人兇手上床的人
Murderer?
殺人兇手
I don't know what you think you know,
我不知道你自以為了解什么
but those people that were killed were terrorists.
那些被殺的人都是恐怖分子
They were people...
他們只是些
who lived on top of something that you wanted.
阻礙你達成目的的人
People who had guns murderers, Donna.
他們都是持槍的兇手,唐娜
Now, if you're so appalled by how business is done,
這些處事手段讓你這么震驚的話
may I suggest that you return
我建議你把那些
all of your designer clothes that you look so ravishing in,
將你襯托得美艷動人的名牌衣服都退回去
because they're paid for
因為那是你用
by the dirty work this firm does.
這家律所賺的骯臟錢買的
We don't kill people.
我們不會殺人
You mean chemical companies that Harvey represents
你是說哈維代表的化學公司
or car companies that Harvey defends?
還是他辯護的汽車公司
How about insurance providers whose claims he helps deny?
抑或是他幫忙駁回索賠的保險公司
Don't bring him into this. He's always been in this.
別把他扯進來,他一直這么干
You know what? I've had enough of this.
我告訴你,我受夠了
I didn't really cut off your shit to get your attention.
我切斷電話線不是為了引起你的注意
I cut it off because you don't need it anymore.
而是因為你再也不需要了
You're fired.
你被炒了
Darby would never allow that.
達比不會允許的
Edward Darby signed your pink slip an hour ago.
愛德華·達比一小時前簽了你的解雇通知書
2 months 5 days and 13 hours under Nigel's tutelage
在奈杰爾指導的兩個月零五天又十三小時中
this is what you have to show for it?
你就這么點長進嗎
That's over 20 motions.
那可是二十多份動議書
20 dog shits.
二十份狗屎
Did you get this out of a Grisham novel?
你這是從格里森姆的小說里抄的嗎(美國知名暢銷小說家)
Because that's fiction.
這也太假了
And you...
而你
My mother can get this motion thrown out.
我媽媽都能寫好這份動議書
And youwell, you're gone anyway in two days.
還有你,反正你兩天后也得走人
Listen up, people.
聽好了,大伙兒
I've reviewed your work in my absence.
我檢查了我不在時你們的工作
And guess what.
你們猜怎么著
It's pathetic.
真可悲啊
Every stinking one of you should get down on your knees
你們這些賤人全該雙膝跪下
and thank god and me
感謝上蒼和我
for letting you continue to exist in our kingdoms.
還能讓你們留在這家律所
Louis, what was that about? What's going on?
路易,火氣怎么那么大,怎么了
It was about me letting these assholes know who's in charge.
我在讓那些混蛋搞清楚誰才是老大
They know you're in charge.
他們都知道你是老大
They put you in charge. They didn't put me in shit.
是他們推選的你,他們推選我個屁
They sat there in judgment while my character got ripped apart,
我的人格被強奸時,他們就坐在那品頭論足
and not one of them lifted a single finger to help.
連想幫忙的念頭都沒有
They ruled in your favor. They chose you over Nigel.
他們判你勝訴,他們選擇了你,而非奈杰爾
No, they made me give up Mikado for them.
不,因為他們我才失去了米卡度
Okay, you're displacing your anger over Mikado onto them.
你在把失去米卡度的怒火撒在他們身上
They didn't put you in this position.
這又不是他們的錯
It's not fair.
這不公平
You're right.
你說的對
They didn't put me in this position,
這不是他們的錯
But I know who did.
我知道這是誰的錯
Goddamn Darby.
該死的達比
Unleashes his dog, leaves us to clean up the mess.
放出了他的狗,然后讓我們來擦屁股
We can still go after Mariga in court.
我們仍然可以在法庭上訊問馬里加
I mean, he's an admitted murderer
他為了自保而達成協議
who cut a deal to save his life.
對謀殺供認不諱
Wait a second.
等一下
That deal is only good if he's telling the truth.
只有說出實情,協議才有效
We can't go after him with the truth on the stand.
等他出庭了我們就沒法問出實情了
Maybe, but we can go after him with the truth not on the stand.
或許吧,但我們可以在庭外訊問他
Cameron would have to be willing to listen.
卡梅倫必須得愿意聽
Then I better get him to listen.
我負責說服他
And I better go after Mariga.
那我去找馬里加
And change your clothes. What? Why?
換身行頭,什么,為什么
If they see a lawyer within 20 yards of that lobby,
如果他們在二十碼的范圍內發現一名律師
they'll lock the place down.
他們就會把那里封鎖掉
Oh, you're not room service.
你不是客房服務啊
No, I'm not, but...
不,我不是,但...
I do need to talk to Colonel Mariga.
我很想跟馬里加上校談談
And I need to stop paying alimony to my cheating exwife,
我還很想不給我那出軌的前妻贍養費呢
but that's not going to happen.
但那是不可能的
If you let me in, maybe I can make that happen.
如果你讓我進去,我也許能幫你實現
And how the hell are you gonna make that happen?
你又怎么能辦到呢
I'm a lawyer.
我是名律師
You don't look like a lawyer to me.
你看上去可不像個律師
Okay. All right. You got me.
好吧,被你識破了
Look, I'm not I'm not a lawyer.
我不是律師
In fact, between you and me, I'm a complete fraud.
別告訴別人,實際上,我是個冒牌的
But what I am is Colonel Mariga's cousin.
但我其實是馬里加上校的堂弟
On his mother's side.
他媽媽那邊的親戚
All right. Okay, all right!
夠了,好吧,好吧
All right, you don't believe me?
你不相信我
That's fine. Just do me a favor, okay?
那好,幫我一個忙,行嗎
Give him this photo of him and my uncle Stephen.
我這有張他與我叔叔史蒂芬的合照
Then let him decide if he wants to talk to me.
遞給他,讓他做決定
Louis, how did you get in here?
路易,你是怎么進來的
I told them I was your uncle.
我跟他們說我是你叔叔
Though how they could believe that we share
不過我很納悶他們為何會相信
the same DNA is beyond me.
咱倆有著相同的遺傳基因
This is about your trial, isn't it?
是因為庭審的事吧
You're goddamn right it is!
你說的太他媽對了
Why the hell would you do that to me?
你他媽為什么要背叛我
I had no choice. I was subpoenaed.
我別無選擇,我收到傳票了
It was a mock trial. You could have refused.
那只是模擬法庭,你可以拒絕的
What do you want from me, Louis?
你到底想怎么樣,路易
I want to yell at you!
我想朝你吼
Well, you can't do that anymore you fired me.
你再也不能朝我吼了,你把我炒了
Is that what this whole thing was all about?
這就是一切的緣由嗎
You're damn right it was. And you want to know the truth?
你說的太他媽對了,你想知道真相嗎
When I found out about your stupid trial,
當我聽說了那場愚蠢的庭審
I called Nigel and volunteered.
我打給奈杰爾主動請纓
How dare you?
你怎么敢
Me firing you was business.
我炒了你是公事公辦
You bringing up the death of my cat,
你提起我的愛貓之死
that was personal.
完全是公報私仇
You made me take care of that stupid cat.
你命令我照看你的蠢貓
I'm allergic. It could have killed me.
我對貓過敏,可能會害死我的
And when that cat did die,
而且那只貓死掉的時候
not only did you never tell me that it wasn't my fault,
你不僅沒對我說"這不是你的錯"
you then fired me in front of my very best friend.
還當著我摯友的面,把我給炒了
If that's not personal, then I don't know what is.
難道這還不算公報私仇嗎
Now get the hell out of my office.
立刻滾出我的辦公室
I will.
我會的
But before I do,
但在那之前
I have some personal news for you
我知道一些小秘密
about how your firing really went down.
能夠解開你被開除的真實經過
Ah, I love this. We'd just won the championship.
我喜歡這張照片,我們當時剛剛贏得了冠軍
Might I get a copy?
能給我一張嗎
Yeah, I'll get one framed for you.
我會裝裱一份給你的
You can look at it in the ten minutes
在你受刑前的十分鐘
before they put you to death.
你可以一直看著它
The photograph proves nothing.
照片證明不了什么
Trust me, there's a whole lot more where that came from.
相信我,我們還有很多類似的證據
We know all about the ties between you and Stephen.
你和史蒂芬的關系我們全都知道了
Then bring them up.
那就呈到臺面上
But I made a deal to testify against Ava,
但我答應他要指證艾娃
and that is what I'm going to do.
這件事絲毫不會改變
No, you made a deal to put away
不,你答應的是要供出
the person responsible for ordering these killings,
指使殺人的幕后黑手
and I suggest you do that while you still can.
我建議你能指證真兇,以免為時已晚
Young man...
年輕人...
if your intention is to shake my testimony,
如果你想讓我改變證言
that is not going to happen.
那是不可能發生的事
It doesn't need to happen,
根本不需要發生
'cause once we prove that you're lying about Ava,
一旦我們證明你對艾娃的事撒謊
Cameron Dennis is going to cancel your deal,
卡梅隆·丹尼斯就會取消協議
and you're gonna come to me begging for help.
而你就會向我乞求幫助
Do you think you're the scariest man
你以為你是我面對過的
I've ever sat across from?
最可怕的對手嗎
I know you're not scared of me.
我知道你不怕我
But you are scared of your own people,
但你應該怕自己人
and you should be,
你確實該害怕
because you and I both know
因為你我都清楚
they're gonna kill you the minute you get back.
你一回去他們就會殺掉你
That I know Stephen doesn't mean I'm lying about Ava.
我認識史蒂芬不代表我對艾娃的事撒謊
But you are.
但你撒謊了
Ah, and you can see into my soul.
你能看穿我的靈魂
It doesn't take a fortune teller to know you're lying.
不是算命師也能看出你在撒謊
And it doesn't take one to know that if you had proof,
誰都能輕易猜出,如果你們有證據
you wouldn't be here talking to me.
你就不會來找我了
So you're not protecting Stephen out of principle.
所以你并非是出于原則而保護史蒂芬
I'm not a man of principle.
我不是個有原則的人
I'm a man of expediency. I get it.
我是個懂得權宜的人,我懂了
If you change your tune now, you'll lose the deal you have.
如果你改了證詞,你現有的協議就會泡湯
Therefore, I prefer to how do you say it
因此,我寧愿,你會怎么說
dance with the one who brought me.
忠于利我之人
Harvey, what are you doing here?
哈維,你來這做什么
Game time's tomorrow. We got nothing to say.
明天才開庭,我現在跟你無話可說
I'm here to help you.
我是來幫你的
I don't need your help.
我不需要你的幫助
And you wouldn't be here unless you need mine.
除非你需要我的幫助,否則你不會在這兒
You're wrong.
你錯了
I can help you do what you always said you're all about
我可以幫你達成你總掛在口上的理想
putting bad guys away.
把壞人關起來
You got a confession for me?
你要對我懺悔嗎
You're going after the wrong person.
你找錯了人
You're her lawyer. That's what you would say.
你是她的律師,自然會這么說
I'm not here as her lawyer.
我現在并非以律師的身份說話
This isn't a speech for a jury.
這不是說給陪審團聽的演講
I'm here mantoman to talk to the guy I used to know.
我在跟我的老朋友進行一對一的談話
All right.
好吧
Talk.
說吧
I know who really did this.
我知道到底是誰做的
Then tell me who it is.
那就告訴我吧
I need a guarantee
我要你保證
you won't use what I tell you against Ava.
你不會用我告訴你的事來攻擊艾娃
If you think I'm gonna guarantee you
假如你認為我會向你保證
anything but a war tomorrow,
除了明天的決戰之外的任何事
You are sadly mistaken.
你就犯了個可悲的錯誤
I can't tell you who did it,
我無法告訴你誰做了這件事
but somebody else can.
但是另外一個人可以
Who?
誰
Colonel Mariga.
馬里加上校
Are you kidding me?
你在逗我玩嗎
I've got the murder weapon.
我已經找到了兇手
He says Ava Hessington pulled his trigger,
而他說是艾娃·海辛頓下令讓他殺人的
and you want me to have him change his story?
但你卻想要我讓他改供詞
He's only pointing at Ava
他指正艾娃的唯一原因是
because that's what you want to hear.
你想聽他這么說
Change his deal,
改下你和他的協議
he'll tell you the truth.
他就會告訴你真相了
He changes his story now,
假如他現在改了自己的供詞
anything he says
那么他所說的
about anybody means shit.
關于任何人的任何事都相當于放屁
It means shit in court,
在法庭上是放屁
but if you are who you say you are,
但是假如你是你自稱的那種人
it should mean something to you.
那么那些對你而言就應該有意義
You know what, Harvey?
你知道嗎,哈維
I believe that you believe she's innocent,
我相信你認為她是無辜的
and if you can convince me of that,
并且假如你能說服我
I won't go after her,
我就不會盯著她不放了
but I'm not gonna guarantee
但是在我聽到之前
I won't use what you say before I hear it.
我不能保證我不會利用你告訴我的事情
You want me to just trust you?
你想要我就這樣相信你
That's what you're asking me.
那正是你對我提出的要求
But if you think
但假如你認為
that I'm gonna kneecap my star witness the day before the trial,
我會在庭審的前一天打我星級證人的嘴巴
you are out of your mind.
那你就是瘋了
Harold, what's up, man?
哈羅德,最近如何啊兄弟
It's good to see you.
見到你真開心
I thought you were my friend.
我還以為你是我朋友呢
I am. What the hell?
我是啊,怎么回事
Friends don't say they tried to save your job
朋友才不會一邊說自己試圖幫你保住工作
when, really, they hung you out to dry.
實際上卻把你坑慘了
So it's true.
這么說來這是真的了
Look, Harold, I didn't mean to
哈羅德,我不是故意
You know what? Save whatever bullshit explanation you have,
省省你的狗屁解釋吧
because I don't want to hear it.
因為我不想聽
I'm not trying to give you a bullshit explanation.
我沒想著要給你什么狗屁解釋
Because there is none.
因為你沒得解釋
You got to choose between you and me,
你得在你我之間做一個選擇
And you chose yourself.
然后你選了你自己
And then you lied to me about it.
然后就此你還對我撒謊了
Yes, yes, Harold, I did.
是的,哈羅德,我是這么做了
And then after I lied to you,
但是在我向你撒謊之后
I got you a job at a huge, powerful firm.
我幫你在一家有權有勢的律所找了份工作
Yeah, you got me that job
是啊,你幫我找了份工作
so I'd owe you one when the time came.
所以我到時就會欠你個人情
I got you that job
我幫你找了份工作
because I thought you deserved a second chance.
是因為我覺得你理應擁有第二次機會
And then you came calling
然后你又打電話找我
when you needed a lawsuit filed
在你需要提交一份訴訟
to get rid of your witnesses in your murder trial.
來擺脫你謀殺案庭審上的證人的時候
I trusted you with that lawsuit
我在那起訴訟上信任你
because I thought you were a competent attorney.
是因為我覺得你是一個誠摯的律師
And you were more than happy to take it.
而且你當時很高興的接受了
And that murder trial you just mentioned is about to start.
而你剛剛說到的那個庭審馬上就要開始了
So you can choose to be pissed off with me or move on.
所以你可以選擇對我發脾氣或放眼向前
But right now I have a job to do.
但現在,我還有工作要做
Rachel. Louis, what did you do?
瑞秋,路易,你干了什么
What do you mean? What is this?
你什么意思,這是什么
Fairfield Computers is being sued.
費爾菲爾德電腦公司被起訴了
How's that my fault?
這怎么成了我的錯
Because they're your client,
因為他們是你的客戶
and the attorney of record is Harold Gunderson.
然后記錄上寫的律師是哈羅德·甘德森
He also sent a settlement offer.
他同時還提供了一份和解協議
He wants to pick a fight with me.
他想和我干一架
He's gonna regret the day he was born.
他會后悔自己出生在這個世上
Aren't you the one who picked a fight with him?
難道不是你找他干了一架嗎
Rachel, whose side are you on?
瑞秋,你是哪一邊的
Don't answer that question.
別回答這個問題
You shouldn't be here.
你不應該在這兒
Stephen said that we're no different than he is.
斯蒂芬說過我們和他沒什么不同
I need to see you show him that he's wrong.
我要看著你證明他錯了
This isn't his trial. It's Ava's.
這不是他的庭審,這是艾娃的
You're not gonna put him on the stand?
你不打算讓他出庭作證
You said you were gonna make him pay.
你說過你會讓他付出代價的
Donna, I will, but now is not the time.
唐娜,我會的,但現在不是好時機
Then when?
那什么時候才是
Because he killed people,
因為他可是殺了人啊
and if we let him get away with it...
假如我們讓他逃脫了
then maybe we are no different than he is.
那么說不定我們和他是沒有什么不同了
Had these insurgents had their way,
假如以這些造反者的方式
they would have blown up the pipeline.
他們會炸掉油管的
Instead, Ms. Hessington retained a valuable asset,
相反,海辛頓女士則保住了大量的資產
and I, in turn, was compensated for a job well done.
而我,也因為做好自己的工作而受補償
And this compensation came directly from Ava Hessington?
這個補償是直接來自艾娃·海辛頓嗎
Yes.
是的
She specifically directed you to kill people?
她明確地指示你要你去殺人
Yes.
是的
One more thing, Colonel Mariga
還有一件事,馬里加上校
Do you and I have a deal
我和你有做交易
for you to testify in exchange for a more lenient sentence?
讓你出庭作證以換取寬大處理嗎
Yes.
有的
And why should the jury believe
那么陪審團為什么要相信
that you aren't making this up to save yourself?
你不是為了救自己一命而在此胡編亂造呢
Because if what I say to you proves to be a lie,
因為假如我對你說的東西被證明是謊言
you'll send me back home,
你就會把我送回家
where I will be dead within minutes.
在那里我馬上就會被殺
No further questions.
沒有別的問題了
Ten minutes recess.
休庭十分鐘
Why didn't you just jump right in there?
你為什么不立刻反擊
I get it you read a book
我懂了,你讀了一本書
that says you don't let the jury sit with things.
上面說你不能讓陪審團安于現狀地坐著
The only problem is...
唯一的問題是
we're not inside of a book.
我們不能紙上談兵
And I don't want to seem defensive.
并且我不想看上去被動
Harvey, we still have a ton of shit to hit him with.
哈維,我們還有一堆料可以用來打擊他
Were you in there?
你剛剛在里面嗎
They're buying what he saying.
他們對他說的話很買賬
Then we make them buy something else.
那我們就讓他們對其他的事情買賬
We got a pair of aces.
我們手中有一對A
If the jury believes that Cameron's got three of a kind,
假如陪審團相信卡梅隆有三條三
we're not gonna win.
我們就贏不了了
We can't go after Stephen.
我們不能盯著斯蒂芬
Cameron won't go after Ava
卡梅隆不會盯著艾娃
if I can convince him it was Stephen.
假如我能說服他斯蒂芬是兇手
You went to Cameron? Yes.
你去找了卡梅隆,是的
And you're going to trust him?
而且你還打算相信他
I'm not sure we have another choice.
我不確定我們是否還有別的選擇
If you're thinking what I think you're thinking,
假如你們在想我認為你們在想的事
don't.
別想了
I'm thinking I'd like to rip your face off.
我在想我很樂意把你的臉撕下來
You get Mariga to point the finger at me,
你讓馬里加指證我的話
I will point it straight at Ava.
我會直接指證艾娃
Stephen, Jessica doesn't respond well to threats.
斯蒂芬,杰西卡可不會乖乖地被威脅
Well, I don't make threats.
我不威脅人
I give warnings.
我只是給予警告
You've been warned.
你們被警告了
Mr. Specter...
斯佩克特先生
I have no questions for Colonel Mariga, Your Honor,
我沒問題要問馬里加上校了,法官大人
but I'd like to call a rebuttal witness.
但我想傳喚一名反駁證人
Harvey, come on, you know what he's gonna say.
哈維,拜托,你知道他會說什么的
I don't care what he's gonna say.
我不在乎他要說什么
He's talking to the jury. I'm talking to Cameron Dennis.
他對陪審團說,我對卡梅隆·丹尼斯說
The defense calls Stephen Huntley to the stand.
辯方傳喚史蒂芬·亨特利作證
What has Stephen Huntley got to do with this?
斯蒂芬和這件事有什么關系
Harvey knows what he's doing.
哈維知道他做了什么
This is what you wanted to sell me
這就是你想供給我的
a lawyer from your own goddamn firm?
一個你自己律所的律師
You want to put away the bad guy?
你想把壞人繩之以法
I'm about to hand him to you on a silver platter.
我馬上就要把他打包好交給你了
Mr. Huntley,
亨特利先生
did you work at the law firm headed by Edward Darby last year?
你去年是在愛德華·達比的律所工作嗎
Yes.
是的
Did Mr. Darby ask you to solve any problems for Hessington Oil
達比先生有沒有讓你去解決海辛頓石油
regarding their pipeline in the E.I.R.?
在環境影響報告中的管道問題
I decline to answer under my Fifth Amendment rights.
根據第五修正案的權利,我拒絕回答
The right against selfincrimination.
反對自我控告的權利
How long have you known Colonel Mariga?
你認識馬里加上校多久了
I decline to answer.
我拒絕回答
Is it true that you went to school with him
你曾經和他在開普敦大學一起念書
at the University of Cape Town?
這是真的嗎
I decline to answer.
我拒絕回答
Well, let me refresh your memory.
讓我幫你回憶一下
You were teammates on a championship rugby team.
你們曾是橄欖球隊的隊友
Objection. Counsel is testifying.
反對,律師在自己作證
The witness is hostile, your honor.
證人對我心懷敵意,法官大人
Hostile? They work at the same law firm.
敵意,他們在同一家事務所工作
He was fired yesterday.
他昨天被解雇了
Gentlemen, approach.
先生們,過來一下
He's making things up to create reasonable doubt.
他在捏造事實混淆視聽
I'm bringing things up, so you'll see the truth.
我在提出事實,這樣你就能看到真相
The only thing tying Ava to this is Mariga's testimony.
涉及到艾娃的只有馬里加的證詞
You only have Mariga because you tapped Stephen's phone.
你找到馬里加是因為竊聽史蒂芬的電話
That's a ridiculous accusation.
這是個荒唐的控訴
Cameron, please.
卡梅隆,拜托
Why did he call him? How did he call him?
他為什么打給他,他是怎么打給他的
Enough.
夠了
You're on a short leash, Mr. Specter.
你被束縛了,斯佩克特先生
The gentleman invoked his rights.
那位先生有他的權利
Mr. Huntley, did you meet with your old friend
亨特利先生,你有沒有
Emmanuel Mariga and direct him
在艾娃·海辛頓毫不知情的情況下
to kill the opponent of Hessington Oil's pipeline
和你的老朋友伊曼紐爾·馬里加見面
without Ava Hessington's knowledge?
并讓他殺了反對海辛頓石油鋪設管道的人
I decline to answer.
我拒絕回答
I have no further questions.
我沒有問題了
Mr. Dennis, do you have any questions?
丹尼斯先生,你有問題嗎
Mr. Dennis.
丹尼斯先生
Mr. Huntley, until you were let go,
亨特利先生,直到你被解雇之前
you worked at the same firm as Mr. Specter, correct?
你和斯佩克特先生在同一家公司工作對嗎
Yes.
是的
And his job today is to give this jury
而他今天的工作是讓陪審團
cause to doubt that his client is the murderer?
認為他的客戶不是殺人犯
Yes. In your experience...
是的,根據你的經驗
Is pointing the finger at someone else
針對另外的某個人是個
a good strategy?
好策略嗎
It can be an excellent strategy.
那會是個很好的策略
And why do you think that Mr. Specter
那么你認為斯佩克特先生
is pointing the finger at you?
為什么會針對你
Well, maybe it has something to do with the fact
也許是因為幾周前
that a few weeks ago Ms. Hessington approached me
海辛頓女士找到我
and asked me to bribe witnesses
要我去賄賂
who were about to testify against her,
那些要指證她的目擊者
and I refused.
而我拒絕了她
And if you think I'm lying under oath,
如果你覺得我在宣誓后撒謊
then, please, ask Mr. Specter.
那請去問問斯佩克特先生
He knows that's the truth.
他知道那是事實
And a woman who bribes witnesses against her
而一個賄賂指證她的目擊者的女人
is not innocent.
不會是無辜的
Objection.
反對
Withdrawn. One last thing.
撤回,最后一件事
Did the defendant ask you to arrange a meeting
被告有沒有讓你安排
with Colonel Mariga where she she would pay him
跟馬里加上校的會面
millions of dollars in exchange for...
以便她用幾百萬美元讓他
killing opponents of her pipeline?
殺害那些反對她鋪設管道的人
I decline to answer.
我拒絕回答
Can't blame a guy for trying.
我努力了
No further questions.
沒有問題了
Is Stephen Huntley involved in all this
史蒂芬·亨特利跟他剛才
some kind of stunt like he just told the jury it was?
跟陪審團說的那些破事真有關系嗎
He ordered the killings.
是他下令殺人的
Why didn't you tell me? We didn't have proof.
你們為什么沒告訴我,我們沒有證據
Why would you put that man on the stand?
你們為什么要讓他坐上證人席
It was a calculated risk.
那是計算過的風險
You took a calculated risk with my life without telling me.
你們用我的人生冒險卻沒有告訴我
I'm sorry.
對不起
You screwed me.
你騙了我
I said I wouldn't go after her
我說過如果你讓我信服我就
if you convinced me. You didn't convince me.
放過她,你沒有讓我信服
Then take a recess instead of twisting everything he said.
然后就申請休庭而不是歪曲他的話
I'm not gonna let the jury sit with that shit.
我不會讓陪審團坐在那兒聽他廢話
And thank God I didn't.
謝天謝地我也沒有那么做
Otherwise, I would have found out
另外,我可能已經發現了
that she tried to bribe witnesses
她試圖賄賂目擊者
and you kept it from me.
而你沒有告訴我
It had nothing to do with the murders.
那跟謀殺沒有任何關系
That's funny when I kept things from you
真有意思,當我瞞著你那些
that had nothing to do with other murders,
跟其他謀殺案沒有任何關系的事時
you called me a criminal.
你說我是罪人
Well, that ended up with you
但那次的結果是
putting an innocent person in prison.
你把一個無辜的人送進了監獄
And now you're doing it again.
現在你要重蹈覆轍
Oh, don't give me that shit.
別跟我胡扯
Stephen Huntley is up to his goddamn neck in this,
史蒂芬·亨特利參與了這件事
and you know it.
你知道的
So he just goes around killing his clients' enemies
他就那么背著他的客戶殺掉
behind their backs?
他們的敵人嗎
I don't think so.
我不這么認為
You want corroboration? Ask Mariga.
你想要證明嗎,去問馬里加
I just did.
我剛剛問過
And he answered me in open court.
他在法庭上回答了我
And I'm not putting an innocent woman away.
我不是在把一個無辜的女人送進監獄
I'm doing my job. Cameron...
我在履行我的職責,卡梅隆
Lawyers killing people?
律師殺人
That's a hell of a firm you got your name on, Harvey.
那就是掛著你名字的好公司,哈維
You must be proud to have left the D.A.'s office for that.
你離開檢察官辦公室去那里一定非常自豪
Let's do racquetball, James.
一起打球吧,詹姆斯
Again? Louis, you were supposed to be waiting
又來了,路易,你應該
in the conference... I don't wait for anyone.
在會議室等著,我從不等人
And you don't sue me.
而且你不能告我
Yes, I do.
我可以
Because I realized I now work at a huge firm,
因為我意識到我現在在一家大公司工作
and I have the power to do this to you.
而且我有能力這么對你
Now, we can negotiate a settlement,
現在我們可以協商和解
unless, of course, you don't think you can handle me.
當然,除非你覺得你沒法解決我
Do you really want to embarrass yourself
你真的想在你媽媽的注視下
with your mother watching?
讓自己尷尬嗎
It kills you that they don't ban us having pictures
他們不像你一樣禁止我們把母親的照片
of our mothers, like you did, doesn't it?
擺在這兒,這讓你很難受對嗎
A man is judged by the photos he displays.
人們會以一個人擺的照片來評價他
You have a photo of yourself.
你有一張自己的照片
And now you're making my point for me.
現在你在證明我的觀點
You don't intimidate me anymore, Louis.
你不能再威脅我了,路易
Really? I know you, Harold.
真的嗎,我了解你,哈羅德
I know that you gargle before meetings that make you nervous.
我知道你在參加讓你緊張的會面前會漱口
And I...smell...mint.
而且我,聞到了,薄荷味
I... We don't agree to paragraph three
我,我們不同意第三段
or four. I need to have four.
和第四段,我需要第四段
Or seven through ten.
還有第七段到第十段
My momy client won't stand for that.
我媽,我的客戶不會同意的
Your client will stand for whatever the hell I give them!
你的客戶會同意我給他們的任何東西
Please, can I have nine?
拜托,我能留著第九段嗎
You know what? I'll give you nine...
你知道嗎,我會給你第九段
Because it's meaningless,
因為它毫無意義
and I want it to tell all the other paragraphs
然后我會讓它
out there what happens
告訴剩下的幾段
when Harold Gunderson goes after Louis Litt.
在你和我談判的時候發生了什么
That doesn't make any sense.
那沒有任何意義啊
Haven't you ever seen a mob movie?
你沒看過暴力電影嗎
They always let one survive to tell the others.
他們總會留個活口去告訴其他人
Well, yeah, but paragraphs can't talk
是的,可是段落不會說話
Okay, whatever. Fine. Just type this up as agreed,
好吧,隨便吧,趕緊把這協議打出來
and don't you ever let me see your pasty, Norwegian,
然后再也別讓我看見你那張蒼白的
carrot topwannabe face again.
自以為是的挪威臉
Carrot Top is a very underrated comedian
卡羅特·托普是被嚴重低估的喜劇演員
who's never done anything to anyone.
向來人畜無害
Did you know that Harvey was going to ambush Stephen on the stand?
你知道哈維打算在庭上伏擊史蒂芬嗎
I wouldn't have stopped him if I did.
就算知道我也不會阻止他
And to hell with the ramifications?
你就沒考慮過后果嗎
The ramifications for who, Edward?
會對誰產生后果,愛德華
I didn't come here to fight with you, Jessica.
我不是來跟你吵架的,杰西卡
But Stephen didn't take the most direct hit.
但現在的箭靶子不是史蒂芬
Ava did.
而是艾娃
You keep talking about how much you care about Ava.
你總說你有多關心艾娃
But I've only just met her.
但我跟她只是萍水相逢
And you're the one who did what you did.
再說事都是你干的
I treated you as if you were my own blood.
我把你當作我的手足
Ava...
艾娃
Did you do this to me?
是你做的嗎
Of course I didn't.
當然不是
Did you keep this from me?
是你一直在瞞著我嗎
I want to hear you say it.
我要聽你親口說出來
I didn't know until it was too late.
我知道的時候已經晚了
I didn't want to burden you with what had been done
輸油管道的事木已成舟
to get your pipeline,
我不想給你增加負擔
and there was nothing I could do to undo it.
而且覆水難收,我無計可施
Burden me?
增加負擔
What about protecting me?
你怎么不保護我
Well, that's exactly what I was doing
就是為了保護你
when I assigned Harvey to the case.
我才讓哈維來打這場官司
And after I was brought up on murder charges,
就在我要接受謀殺指控的時候
rather than tell me,
你瞞著我
you send the very man who committed the crime.
把犯下罪行的那個人派了過來
Who were you trying not to burden then?
你到底想甩掉誰的負擔
You once asked me if she knew about her father and I.
你問過我她知不知道我和她父親的事
In those days, to be a lawyer and to be out
那個年代,做一個出柜的律師
not possible.
是不可能的
Her father was in the oil business.
她父親做的是石油生意
He would have been finished. What does that have to do
他會一無所有的,這跟案子有什么...
We used to go away on occasion.
我們偶爾會出去私會
In order to do that,
為了不被人懷疑
Ava joined us and pretended to be my girlfriend.
艾娃會裝作我的女朋友跟我們同行
She did that for us.
她愿意幫助我們
Ava is family to me.
艾娃就是我的親人
I sent Stephen out there to help her.
我派史蒂芬去幫她
I didn't know what he'd do.
但我不知道他會那么做
And I would give anything to undo it.
我愿不惜一切來收回覆水
What do you want from me, Edward?
你要我怎么做,愛德華
I want you to put aside your anger
我想讓你把怒氣消一消
and figure out a way to help.
想個方法幫幫她
What are you doing here?
你來干什么
I'm here to put aside my anger.
我是來消氣的
We're in the middle of a murder trial.
我們可還在忙謀殺案呢
We can spare five minutes for this.
不差這五分鐘
Wait a second.
等一下
I gave you that bottle when you took over from Daniel.
那瓶酒是你干掉丹尼爾的時候我送的
I know. I told you to only open it in case of an emergency.
我知道,我還說過只有緊急情況才能喝它
You think this isn't an emergency?
現在還不是緊急情況嗎
We're about to lose a huge murder case,
我們就要輸掉一場謀殺案了
and it turns out the person behind it
而幕后主使
is one of our own lawyers.
居然還是我們律所的律師
And we're in business
幫他瞞天過海的人
with the man who helped cover it up.
還與我們有著生意往來
But the thing that's been most on my mind
但我最在意的是
is that you goddamn betrayed me.
你他媽的居然背叛我
Now...
現在
the truth is, you warned me about all of this.
是你提醒了我這些事
And I am tired of feeling betrayed by you.
你背叛我這事我也不愿再想了
I'd rather forgive you.
我寧愿原諒你
Can you?
你能原諒嗎
Why do you think I'm here.
要不我怎么會來
I never should have come after you.
我不該背叛你
I'm sorry.
對不起
You didn't kill anybody.
你又沒殺人
And if I'm really going to forgive you,
如果我真要原諒你的話
then I need to tell you I'm sorry
那我也要告訴你,我很抱歉
that I made you want to do it in the first place.
讓你產生了背叛我的想法
What changed your mind?
為什么改主意了
Edward.
愛德華
He said Ava was family to him.
他說艾娃是他的親人
You're family to me,
你也是我的親人
and you did what he didn't.
而你有著他沒有的東西
You came clean.
你身家清白
Is that all you came here to tell me?
你來就是為了跟我說這些嗎
Like you said, we're in the middle of a murder trial.
你不是說,我們還要忙謀殺案嗎
And you have an idea.
你有主意了
We're not the only people
有著親人般感情的人
that are like family to each other.
可不止我們一對
And sometimes you have to put your family
有時候你不得不
in a position where they don't have a choice.
把親人逼上絕境
What do you need me to do?
要我做什么
New planwe're gonna convince that Ava's innocent.
計劃有變,我們要證明艾娃的清白
Have you been drinking?
你喝酒了
Yeah. Why?
喝了,怎么了
Because wasn't that the old plan?
你剛說的不就是原計劃嗎
That was the old goal.
那是老目標
This time, it's you who's going to Cameron.
這次,你要去對陣卡梅隆
If he won't hear the truth from you,
他連你說的都不聽
how's he gonna hear it from me?
又怎么會聽我的
Cameron can't see the truth because all he sees
卡梅隆了解不到真相是因為
is that he has a winnable case.
他覺得這個案子必勝無疑
How does that affect what I just said?
這對我剛說的有什么影響嗎
Prosecutors are hammers,
檢察官就像是錘子
and they see the accused as nails.
他們把被告當成釘子
How am I gonna change that?
我要怎么改變這一點
You're gonna remind him
你要去提醒他
about the time he hit the wrong nail.
這次他敲錯了釘子
Can you tell me how the waffles are here?
這兒的華夫餅怎么樣
Mike Ross, my man.
邁克·羅斯,伙計
It's good to see you, man.
很高興見到你
It's good to see you too, Clifford.
我也很高興,克利福德
What the hell you doing out in the middle of the night?
大半夜的你來這干什么
Oh, you know, I told you.
我剛說了
I got an urge for some waffles.
突然想吃華夫餅
This isn't a coincidence, is it?
這可不是個巧合,對吧
I need a favor.
我需要你的幫忙
No doubt. What you need?
沒問題,要做什么
I need you to talk to Cameron Dennis.
我要你去找卡梅隆·丹尼斯談談
No.
不行
Hell, no.
絕不
Clifford... Look at me, man.
克利福德,你看看我
Look where I am...
看看我工作的地方
Cleaning up people's shit!
收拾別人的殘羹剩飯
I know.
我了解
You know this is all I can get because of him?
那你知道這都是拜他所賜嗎
My life passed me by because of that motherf....
我的人生都被那個混蛋毀了
I get in a room with him, I'll kill him.
要是我見到他,絕對會殺了他
And I need you to tell him all of that
我要你把這些話告訴他
so that he doesn't do the same thing to somebody else.
好讓他不在別人身上重蹈你的覆轍
You need?
你需要
I know who "you" is.
我知道這個"你"是誰
And I don't owe Harvey shit.
我可不欠哈維什么
Now, he may have got me out,
也許是他還了我的清白
but he and Cameron put me there in the first place.
但當初他也是卡梅隆的幫兇
Yeah, you're right. You don't owe Harvey.
沒錯,你不欠哈維的
But you do owe me...
但你欠我的
'cause I didn't have anything to do with putting you in there,
你被冤枉的事跟我沒有關系
but I broke the law to get you out.
但我不惜違法把你救了出來
I am feeling generous,
我今天心情不錯
so absolutely, 100%,
當然,完全沒問題
without a doubt, go screw yourself.
毋庸置疑,去你媽的
Everything okay?
出什么事了嗎
Yeah, of course.
沒事
I was just using tactic number 36
我正在用第36計
In Louis Litt's handbook, due to be published never.
取自《路易·利特兵法》 私家絕版,市面無售
Because I don't share my tactics.
因為我從不分享我的計謀
Tactic number seven, by the way.
順便一提,這是第七計
Okay.
好吧
Well, whatever tactic you used on Harold didn't work.
不管你對哈羅德用了什么計,看似不奏效
He's not caving.
他不肯妥協
I don't know what you're talking about,
我不知道你在說什么
because he gave me everything I wanted.
他答應了我所有的條件啊
The client just called.
客戶剛剛來電話了
The contract Harold sent over has a loophole in it.
哈羅德發來的合同里有一處漏洞
It leaves him open to punitive damages.
他會因此被責令懲罰性賠償
Paragraph nine.
第九段
Get that contract back.
把合同拿回來
We need to renegotiate.
我們得重新談判
Oh, my god, Harold pulled one over on you.
老天,你也被哈羅德騙過去了
Don't you dare say that out loud.
不許宣揚出去
Call him up, set up the appointment for me to go over there.
聯系上他,約好面談時間,我去找他
I tried.
我試過了
He insisted on coming here. He's on his way right now.
可他堅持要過來,他已經在路上了
What the hell are you doing here?
你在這干什么
He's here to tell you who you are.
來告訴你你到底是誰
I know who I am.
我自己清楚
I don't need to hear it from him.
用不著他來告訴我
You think I'm giving you a choice?
你覺得你有得選嗎
Okay. We were supposed to meet in the conference room.
我說了我們在會議室談
I don't need to wait in the conference room
不用在會議室談
to knock your dick in the dirt.
我也能揍你個七葷八素
What'd you just say to me?
你說什么
It's from The Breakfast Club, asshole.
這是《早餐俱樂部》的臺詞,蠢貨
Not all of us only watch The Sound of Music.
現在誰還只看《音樂之聲》啊
You little bastard. You just crossed a line.
你個小混蛋,收回你剛才的話
Julie Andrews is a national treasure.
朱莉·安德魯斯是不可多得的國民偶像
Maybe your client would be better off with her.
那你的客戶跟著她會更好些吧
Maybe they would be.
有可能
But she isn't here. And I am.
但她不在這,老子在
And here are a few of my favorite things...
而且老子這有些好東西
Countersuit for slander,
誹謗反訴
motion to decertify class,
訴訟案動議
motion for summary judgment,
即決審判動議
change of venue, sanctions,
地點變更動議,制裁書
depositions, discovery!
書面證詞,調查證據
Great use of folders there, Louis.
很會收集材料嘛,路易
Too bad none of them are gonna work.
只可惜它們都不管用啊
Well, they may not work on the case,
是啊,對案子它們是不管用
but they're definitely gonna work on you.
但收拾你,這些足夠了
What are you talking about?
你什么意思
Oh, I'm talking about you may win in the end,
我是說,可能最終你會贏
but it won't justify
但這并不能證明
you spending every waking minute of your life on this bullshit,
你每天清醒的時間都用于這些破爛上
instead of doing everything else you've been assigned to do.
公司交給你的任務卻壓根沒做
You'd do that to me?
你竟然這樣對我
I won't be doing it to you.
我不會這樣對你
I'll be doing it for Bratton Gould.
我是為了布萊頓·古爾德
And you'll be laughed out of there
到時候你會被眾人哄笑驅趕
the same way you were laughed out of here.
就像你在這如過街老鼠般被驅趕一樣
Louis... We got nothing left to say!
路易,談話到此為止
Drop the suit by the end of the week,
周末前給我停止訴訟
or one of my associates will see you in court.
要不然我們就法庭上見
Get out!
現在滾吧
I don't want him here.
讓他出去
Ava, whatever he did, he's here to help,
艾娃,不管他做過什么,他是來幫忙的
and he's an asset.
而且他相當重要
Then what does the mighty Edward Darby have to say?
那么大名鼎鼎的愛德華·達比想說些什么呢
You're innocent until proven guilty
你的無罪推定
beyond a reasonable doubt.
現在備受質疑
Take the stand.
即使出庭作證
Any juror that hears you will have that doubt.
所有陪審員也都會懷疑你
She opens that door, the first question Cameron asks is,
只要她一入場,卡梅隆的第一個問題就是
did she try and bribe those witnesses?
她有沒有賄賂過目擊證人
The answer is yes. There goes reasonable doubt.
答案是肯定的,所以陪審員的懷疑很合理
How much did you pay him?
你們給了他多少錢
Cameron. Pay who?
卡梅隆,給誰
Don't play dumb. Clifford Danner.
別裝傻,克利福德·丹納
Who the hell is Clifford Danner?
克利福德·丹納又是誰
He was an innocent person that Cameron put behind bars.
他是被卡梅隆投入監獄的無辜人
And I thought he would make you see reason.
我以為你知道他是無辜的
That has nothing to do with this.
跟這沒關系
And I didn't put him behind bars...you did.
他身陷囹圄可不是因為我,是因為你
Then I got him out.
然后我將他放了出來
Well, you're not getting her out, because she did it,
那她你可救不了,因為她有罪
and yesterday your own colleague said that she did it.
昨天你自己的同事親口承認,她有罪
He did not say that, and you know it.
他沒那么說,你很清楚
You willing to take that risk?
你敢賭這一把嗎
What are you suggesting?
那你想怎樣
I've worked with him long enough to know what he's suggesting.
跟他共事這么久,我知道他打什么主意
Cameron Dennis doesn't go to verdict.
卡梅隆·丹尼斯從來不等待裁決
He cuts deals.
他直接提條件
Then let me tell you...about what's behind door number one...
那我直接告訴你,等待你們的是什么
Eight years.
八年
Eight years instead of forever. Leave us alone.
八年監禁代替終身牢獄,你出去
Court's in ten minutes. You have until then.
還有十分鐘開庭,仔細考慮考慮
Harvey...
哈維
He's got us, and you know it.
我們栽他手里了,你知道的
No, he doesn't.
不,才沒有
She's not going to prison for one day.
她一天牢都不用坐
She's going for the rest of her life
如果我們不答應的話
if we don't take this deal.
她就要坐一輩子牢了
I am not losing to him.
我不會輸給他的
You...your blood feud
你,跟你的夙仇
or whatever it is you have with that man
我不知道你們之間有什么過節
is what put the target on my back in the first place.
但我成了頭號受害者
Ava, we need to face reality.
艾娃,面對現實吧
She is not taking that deal.
她不會接受交易的
She better, because she can't buy her way out of it.
她最好接受,金錢已經無法擺平了
And you can't cover up your way out of it.
而且你也束手無策了
I don't care.
我不在乎
Well, what's your idea?
那你怎么想呢
Because unless you're gonna testify
除非你肯出庭作證
that Stephen did this without Ava's knowledge,
史蒂芬在艾娃不知情的情況下做了一切
you can't help.
否則你毫無用處
And as you said, you have no proof.
可你也說了,你沒有證據
So why don't you get out of the room and let the grownups talk?
所以還是請你閉嘴離開,讓我們談正事
What if I was to testify to that?
如果我可以作證呢
What are you talking about?
你說什么
I'm talking about putting words to a conversation
我說,是時候說出
that should have happened but didn't.
我早該說出的實情了
You'd say that you confronted Stephen, and he admitted it?
你是說你質問過史蒂芬,而他承認了
I made this mess. It's up to me to clear it up.
我留下的爛攤子,理應由我收拾
This isn't gonna help.
這不管用
You're her old friend coming to her aid at the last second.
你是她的老朋友,最后一刻才趕來支援
It's a lie.
根本說不通
The jury will see right through it.
陪審員會一眼看穿的
Then we need to make Cameron believe it.
讓卡梅隆相信就行了
Harvey, Cameron wants a win.
哈維,卡梅隆想贏而已
You need to convince him this is a win.
你要說服他,這對他大有裨益
Can you do that?
你能做到嗎
I guess it's the best shot we have.
我們也只能孤注一擲了
I knew you'd care.
我就知道你沉不住氣
And with five minutes to spare.
這不是還有5分鐘嗎
We're not here to take your offer, Cameron.
我們不是來答應你條件的,卡梅隆
We want you to take ours.
我們要你答應我們的條件
Nah, I'm not negotiating. Eight years is final.
本人拒絕討價還價,八年是底線了
This isn't about making a deal for Ava.
我不是來為艾娃做交易的
It's about making a deal for me.
是為我
If he's got something to say about this,
如果他知道什么內幕的話
you should put him on the stand.
你應該讓他上證人席
I already trusted you once. I need your word.
我相信過你一次了,這次換你
Go ahead. Off the record.
說吧,我不會外傳
I instructed Stephen Huntley to do whatever it took
是我指使史蒂芬·亨特利要不惜一切代價
to get Ava her pipeline,
獲得艾娃的輸油管道
and I told him to do it behind her back.
我還告訴他不能讓艾娃知道
So you authorized these murders.
所以授權這些謀殺的人是你
Absolutely not.
當然不是
When I heard people had been killed,
我一聽說有人被殺
I confronted him immediately.
就立馬找他對質
And what did he say?
那他說什么了
He didn't care that he'd resorted to murder.
他不在乎利用謀殺來達成目的
His job was to get things done.
他的工作就是完成任務
You just admitted to being an accessory after the fact.
你等于是在承認你是知情不報的從犯
No, he didn't.
不,他沒有
I get it. Off the record.
我懂了,不得公開
What do you want?
你想怎么樣
Edward pleads to obstruction of justice
愛德華承認妨礙司法公正罪
Five years probation.
五年緩刑
You drop the charges against Ava.
你撤銷對艾娃的起訴
And he testifies
他會在史蒂芬·亨特利的
at Stephen Huntley's murder trial.
謀殺庭審上出庭作證
And why would I swap out Ava for her minion?
我為什么要拿艾娃換她的奴才呢
Cameron, you gave us that offer for a reason.
卡梅隆,你提出那項提議是有原因的
You're at the finish line you can taste the win,
你站在終點線上,可以品嘗勝利的果實
but it's not 100%, and you know it,
但那并不是完美的,你自己也知道
because you're still banking on an admitted murderer
因為你還是得依靠一個有撒謊動機
with an incentive to lie.
并且已認罪的兇手
I'm giving you a respected lawyer
而我提供的則是一個
with an incentive to keep his mouth shut.
會守口如瓶且受人尊敬的律師
You know who has a better chance
你知道誰更有可能
at getting you a win.
助你獲取勝利
Draw up the paperwork.
起草文件吧
I thought you never wanted to see me again.
我以為你再也不想見我了
I thought about what you said.
我考慮你之前說的
What, about the kind of business your firm does?
什么,關于你們公司所涉及的業務嗎
Yes.
對
And I realized that maybe you're not as bad as I said you were.
我意識到也許你沒有我之前說的那么壞
No?
沒有嗎
No.
沒有
You're much worse.
你比我說的要壞多了
Harvey and Cameron made a deal to take you down,
哈維和卡梅隆達成協議要拿下你
and part of that deal was that I got to be the one to tell you about it.
協議的一部分就是,這一切必須由我來告訴你
I meant it when I said I never meant to hurt you.
我說我不想傷害你都是真的
And I meant it when I said that you make me sick.
而我說你讓我惡心也是真的
It's all there.
都寫上去了
You testify, you get five years probation.
你作證,然后獲得五年緩刑
and he pleads obstruction of justice.
他承認妨礙司法公正
What is this? What is what?
這是什么,什么是什么
This says that I forfeit my license
這上面說我在本國的律師執業許可
to practice law in this country.
將因犯罪被沒收
Oh, thatthat's just something I added in.
那條啊,我剛剛加進去的
This is unacceptable. Wait a minute.
這不能接受,稍等一下
How could you add that in if we did the paperwork?
如果是我們寫的文件,你怎么能把那條加進去
And if he can't practice law in the country,
如果他沒有獲得本國的律師執業許可
he can't be a member of our firm.
他就不能在我們公司就職
We must have agreed to it in advance.
這是我們必須達成一致的大前提
You set this whole thing up.
這一切都是你一手操辦的
Jessica set this whole thing up.
是杰西卡一手操辦的
But what's it matter?
但又有什么關系呢
You really gonna put this on Ava
只要受點輕罰就能脫罪
when you can get off with a slap on the wrist?
你還想讓艾娃受罪嗎
I asked you to put aside your anger.
我還求你將憤怒擱置一旁
I did. You said Ava was family.
我已經擱置一旁了,你說艾娃是你的親人
The thing about family is they make it easy
家人的特點就在于,他們會輕而易舉地
to put you in the position where you don't have a choice.
把你逼到一個絕境上
Now, you gonna sign the deal,
現在,你要簽署這份協議
or do I just pick up the trial right where we left off?
還是要我按之前的計劃繼續訴訟
You're doing the right thing, Edward.
你這樣做才對,愛德華
We'll worry about the terms of our dissolution tomorrow.
我們會考慮明天解約的條款
And, Edward...
另外,愛德華
we may be getting a divorce,
看來我們得"離婚"了
but I fully intend on keeping ownership of the house.
但我還是打算保留房子的所有權
Who'd have thought we'd end up here?
誰能想到我們會就此結案呢
I did.
我
No, you didn't.
不,你沒有
You took a chance with Clifford Danner,
你冒險用了克利福德·丹納
and you know it.
你自己也知道
It wasn't a chance.
那不是冒險
I played the man.
而是像男子漢一樣行事
And, Cameron, you're not only about winning.
卡梅隆,你不只是常勝將軍
You're about putting guilty people away.
還能將罪犯繩之于法
Nice working with you.
很高興與你合作
Onetime deal.
一錘子買賣
I guess this means you're not looking for another name partner?
我猜你的意思是不想再找冠名合伙人了
Goodbye, Cameron.
再見,卡梅隆
Norma said you had something for me?
諾瑪說你有東西要給我
I do.
沒錯
He dropped it. I win.
他撤訴了,我贏了
Do you?
是嗎
What? What are you talking about?
什么,你在說什么
Why do you hate Harold so much?
你為什么這么恨哈羅德
I don't hate him. Yeah, you do...
我不恨他,不,你恨他
Because I've never seen you be as mean to anyone as you are to him.
因為我覺得你對他比對任何人都刻薄
Rachel, I
瑞秋,我
Don't "Rachel" me. He's a human being.
別再叫我"瑞秋"了,他也是個人
What's the matter with you?
你到底怎么回事
When I was a kid in gym class...
我小時候上體操課時
we had to climb the rope.
我們得爬繩索
Every day I tried really hard,
我每天都非常努力
And every day...
但每一天
everyone would laugh at me.
大家都會嘲笑我
The one thing in my life that I've always been great at
我這輩子真正擅長的
is training the associates...
就是訓練助理律師
except for Harold.
除了哈羅德
He's my failure.
他是我的敗筆
And every time I look at him, it...
我每次看到他,都感覺...
puts me right back in gym class.
回到了體操課一樣
Louis...
路易
Harold's climbing that rope.
哈羅德正在爬那根繩索
He's succeeding.
他快成功了
And the way you got this victory
而且你獲取這場勝利的方式
was by going after his career.
就是剝奪了他的工作
And you're just yanking him right back down.
相當于把他猛地往下拉了一把
We never got this.
我們從沒收到這個
Send back his original offer marked "Accepted."
接受他原來的提案,然后送回去
I never want this spoken of again.
我以后不想再提到這個了
You never want what spoken of again?
你不想再提到什么了
Harvey, what did Ava have to say?
哈維,艾娃應該說什么
She'd already left for the airport.
她已經去機場了
Someone saves my life, I might stop to say thank you.
要是有人救了我的命,我會停下腳步說聲謝謝的
You really blame her
我們律所讓她經歷了這么多
after what this firm put her through?
你真的要為此責備她嗎
When you put it that way...
既然你這么說
It doesn't matter. It was a huge win.
沒關系,反正已經取得了大勝利
Go celebrate.
去慶祝吧
Don't you mean "Let's go celebrate"?
你的意思難道不是一起去慶祝
Am I really the person you wanna celebrate
你真的想跟我一起慶祝
this big murder trial victory with?
這場重大謀殺審判的勝訴嗎
I don't know. It depends who you put out.
我不知道,看你說誰了
Why don't you just ask Rachel?
你何不去找瑞秋
That's not funny.
一點也不好笑
Harvey.
哈維
Donna.
唐娜
How does it go?
還好嗎
As well as it could.
挺好的
Harvey.
哈維
Thank you.
謝謝
Why don't you keep the car?
今晚何不你坐車
I feel like walking tonight.
我今晚想散散步