I want to, uh...
我想
Taupe.
棕色
Is that... Justice Thomas.
那是... 托馬斯法官
I knew it.
我就知道
What can I do for you, Louis?
有什么事,路易
Ah, to the point. Of course.
那我就直說了
I wanted t...
我想要
I wanted to congratulate you on bringing in Pfister Insurance
祝賀您拉到了菲斯特保險公司這個大客戶
and let you know I've taken the liberty
還想跟您說,我已經主動
of putting together the initial paperwork.
把開頭的文書工作都整理好了
Excellent. Leave it there.
真不錯,放下吧
I wanted to follow it through.
我想繼續跟進
I would relish the opportunity to...
我非常樂意有機會...
Nonsense. Louis, it's beneath you.
胡說什么啊,路易,這可是屈才啊
Oh, I think you'll find nothing's beneath me.
您會發現我能屈能伸
Are you offering something untoward to me?
你是想給我找麻煩嗎
I'm simply saying that I'm not oblivious to the fact
我只是說我知道咱們這里有了點小變動
that there's change afoot, firm dynamicwise.
律所都這樣,有上有下
We used to behuh.
咱們以前還有點分量
Now, we're kindahmm.
現在有些不得志
We might need a little.
我們得奮起反抗
You know? Louis.
你知道嗎,路易
I'd like things to operate with a certain integrity around here.
我這人做事喜歡光明正大
Oh, I admire that philosophy.
我很尊重你的做人原則
I actually try to live by it myself.
我自己也想這樣
Good.
很好
Now, can you do me a favor?
現在能幫我個忙嗎
Anything.
任您差遣
Send Mike Ross to me.
叫邁克·羅斯過來找我
Ross? You want to work with Ross?
羅斯,您想跟羅斯一起共事
He's actually working for me right now
他現在正為我做事呢
on the Liquid Water Litigation,
正在處理液態水公司訴訟案
and he's been on it for weeks, and I wish I could do it,
他已經做了幾周了,雖然我很愿意幫忙
but I cannot. I can't do it right now.
但實在沒辦法,現在不行
Then forget I said anything.
當我什么都沒說
But I can give you Dickinson.
但是我可以找迪金森
Okay.
好吧
Let me know how that works out.
告訴那個案子的進展
With Ross.
在羅斯的協助下
Okay.
好的
Um, I am taking Mike exclusively for the next two weeks.
我得借用邁克兩星期
Excuse me?
什么意思
I'm calling in my chit.
我要用屬于我的小家伙
Our wager? The price sisters? My triumph?
咱們打的賭,我贏了
Does that ring a bell? Can't have him.
想起來了嗎,不給你
Oh, well, then I guess you'd rather
這樣啊,那你是情愿
that I announce to the entire office
我向整個公司宣告
that the mighty Harvey Specter is a welcher.
偉大的哈維·斯佩克特是個騙子
I didn't welch. You passed on him.
我可沒騙,是你自己不要他的
Okay, please. I'm begging you. I need him.
好吧好吧,求求你,我需要他
Okay, tell you what, Louis.
告訴你吧,路易
Just say out loud that I am the best closer in New York,
你只需要大聲說,我是紐約最好的律師
and you can have him. Fine.
他就能借給你使,好吧
To Donna.
說給唐娜聽
No. Then we don't have a deal.
不行,那就沒得談了
Welcher.
騙子
That was fun. Morning.
有意思,早上好
If that's a big check,
如果是張大額支票
I want another Marni bag.
那我還要一個瑪尼的包包
Hands off the vinyl, junior.
別碰那些唱片,小伙子
10:00, nice of you to join us.
現在才十點,看到你來很欣慰啊
I was closing Cranston this morning.
早上我剛把克萊斯頓案子結了
Oh, yeah? Couldn't get it done by 9:00, huh?
是嗎,不能早點完成啊
You're a little lippy for a Monday.
周一你有點多嘴哦
What the hell? What? What is it?
什么名堂,怎么了
"Draft of complaint from Smith and Devane,
史密斯和戴維安律所的投訴草案
threatening to reopen Randall v. CM,"
威脅要重啟蘭德爾訴科斯特爾汽車公司案
A case I won 4 years ago.
這案子是我四年前打贏的
Randall v. CM?
蘭德爾訴科斯特爾汽車公司
Ah, accident on the Merritt Parkway.
對了,發生在梅里特公園大道的交通事故
They claimed it was Coastal Motors' hood,
他們說是科斯特爾汽車公司的引擎蓋出了問題
You killed it in court by saying it was the driver.
你把責任推到了駕駛員身上,打贏了官司
This can't be surprising to you anymore.
你知道,我過目不忘
They're saying there's new evidence.
他們聲稱出現了新的證據
New evidence? It's product liability.
新證據,這可是產品責任案件
The statute of limitations is expired.
訴訟時效已過
Which means it's a shakedown.
所以說這是勒索
You gotta quash that shit.
你能隨便擺平這種事情
I do, and I will.
肯定的
Come on. The Spinners? Really?
拜托,紡紗工樂隊,沒搞錯吧
For your information, The spinners were
聽好了,紡紗工樂隊可是
one of the defining pop bands of their time.
那個時代最具特色的流行樂隊
Oh. Oh, wow, sorry.
哦哦,對不起
Yeah, that's cool, like, uh, like, the Jonas Brothers
很棒啊,就像是現在的喬納森兄弟
or Hanson or 'NSYNC or Selena Gomez, yeah.
漢森兄弟,超級男孩或者賽琳娜·戈麥斯
Come here, lippy. I want to show you something.
過來,讓你多嘴,給你看點東西
Yeah? What, you got Bieber fever?
是嗎,你迷上賈斯汀比伯了嗎
Prepare motions to dismiss by end of day Thursday,
在周四前做好撤銷指控動議的準備
and don't puss out when Judge Edelstein
如果艾德斯坦法官試圖
tries to stifle my brilliance.
扼殺我的聰慧時千萬別抓狂
He's all yours. What?
他歸你了,什么
Why the sudden change of mind?
為什么突然改主意了
Does it matter?
有關系嗎
You're punishing him, aren't you?
你是在懲罰他,對吧
Yes. So you're saying
對,所以你的意思是
working for me is punishment? As far as I'm concerned,
為我做事是種懲罰,就我而言
this whole conversation's punishment.
這整場對話都是懲罰
Oh, here we go.
原來如此
Duration? One case.
時限,就這一個案子
Jurisdiction? Exclusive.
權限,獨享
What can I do to him? What do you want to do to him?
能用到什么程度,為所欲為
Harvey.
哈維
Things.
規則說清楚
That is not a legitimate answer.
這可不是什么合法的答案
Honor the boundaries of labor law?
只要不違反勞動法
I prefer the Geneva Convention.
我不會違反日內瓦公約對虐囚的規定
Then we have a deal. We
說定了,我們...
I think I need a sick day.
我要請一天病假
Careful there, Harv.
小心點,哈維
That's highend brazilian cherry
那可是從南美熱帶雨林運過來的
from the South American rainforest.
高端巴西櫻桃木
Tanner. You selling furniture now?
坦納,你現在改賣家具了
No, but if we both did,
沒,如果咱倆都去賣
I'd sell more than you.
我肯定比你業績好
I thought I told you to stay out of my city.
我好像告訴你滾出屬于我的城市
Can't. I'm the newest senior partner
沒辦法,我是史密斯和戴維安律所
at Smith and Devane.
最新的資深合伙人
Don't get too comfortable.
別高興得太早
If all you're bringing is the Boston Shakedown,
如果你帶來的是那個波士頓詐騙案
you're not gonna be here long.
那你可待不長
Oh, I'm bringing more than that, Harvey.
那我帶來的可不止這么點,哈維
Randall versus CM is a winner.
蘭德爾訴科斯特爾汽車公司案我們贏定了
That case was litigated.
這個案子已經結了
Not by me. Well, let me
我可不同意,好吧,讓我
bring you up to speed.
給你省點時間
Frank Randall had a history of substance abuse.
弗蘭克·蘭德爾有濫用藥物史
His family tried to blame Coastal Motors,
他的家人試圖將責任轉嫁到科斯特爾汽車公司
but his death had nothing to do
但他的死跟汽車的生產和設計
with the carmaker or its design.
一點關系都沒有
Yeah, well, we've got new evidence
好吧,我們現在有新的證據
that contradicts that assertion.
可以證明你的話是錯誤的
Oh, look at that, you learned some new words.
看呀,你學了點新把戲
Even if it were true, the statute of limitations ran out.
即使是這樣,訴訟時效已經過了
Well, what you call a shakedown,
雖然你認為我們是在勒索
I call a sure thing.
但我可以告訴你我們贏定了
This is an internal memo.
這是內部備忘
Showing that CM knew about engineering defects.
證明科斯特爾事先都知道設計上有缺陷
You're on the wrong side of this one, Harvey.
這回你站錯隊了,哈維
I never saw this thing in my life.
我從沒見過這玩意兒
Sure looks like you did, and that statute of limitations
怎么沒見過,訴訟時效
doesn't apply to fraudulent concealment.
可不適用于存在欺詐性隱瞞的案件
I didn't conceal jack shit.
我沒隱瞞過這個狗屁玩意兒
Harvey, that's for your client.
哈維,這是對你客戶的報價
We want $46 million and not a penny less.
我們要求四千六百萬美元的賠償,沒得商量
And this, well, that's for you
這個是給你的
Because we're suing you and your entire firm for fraud.
因為我們要起訴你和你們整家事務所詐騙
You really want to come after me again?
你真的還想咬著我不放嗎
I'm not moving down here for the sushi.
我來這不是吃壽司的
02 doesn't look good on a resume.
連輸我兩局可不好看
You know, I'm thinking Upper East Side.
我正考慮搬去上東區
Well, why don't you check out
你怎么不去看看
the corner of 81st and kiss my ass?
81街角然后去死吧
This looks bad, Harvey.
這事看起來很糟糕,哈維
I don't care how it looks, it's bullshit.
我才不管看起來怎么樣,這就是胡扯
Then tell me what's bullshit because I'm looking at
那你告訴我怎么胡扯了
a document that undermines your entire defense.
我正看著一份能擊潰你所有辯護的文件呢
An anonymous memo with names and dates blacked out.
只是一份匿名備注,姓名和日期還涂黑了
It's damning, and it implicates you in a coverup.
這是毀滅性的,還暗示你蓄意隱瞞
Never crossed my desk.
我從沒見過
I'm not saying it did. I'm saying it looks bad.
我沒說你見過,我是說這事看起來很糟糕
I don't want Daniel knowing about this.
我不想讓丹尼爾知道這件事
I got nothing to hide. I didn't do anything wrong.
我沒什么要隱瞞的,我也沒做錯什么
I believe you, but you're not my only concern at the moment.
我相信你,但我現在要擔心的不止是你的事
You know full well what Daniel will do
你很清楚,如果丹尼爾知道
if he finds out you're being accused of fraud
有人起訴你詐騙,而且還發生在我眼皮底下
and it happened on my watch.
他會做什么
He'll use it against us, but I also know
他會借機對付我們,但我也知道
that he's familiar with the people at CM,
他和科斯特爾汽車公司的人很熟
and he's bound to find out sooner or later.
他早晚都會知道這事的
Then make it go away before it gets to sooner.
那就趁他還不知道,把這事處理掉
Durham Foods V. Liquid Water.
達勒姆食品公司和液態水公司的官司
I need motions to dismiss, compel,
我需要撤案申請,仲裁申請
strike, and change venue.
打擊申請,審判地點變更申請
Why are they not finished yet?
怎么還沒辦好
Okay, Louis, I might be a quick study,
路易,我學東西也許是挺快的
but I'm gonna need a tad more information than that.
但我還需要多一點的信息
Have you heard of Liquid Water?
你聽說過液態水公司嗎
Yeah, sure. Liquid Water. "We put the I.Q. in liquid."
當然,液態水,"多喝多聰明"
You see? You already know the client.
看到沒,你很清楚我們的委托人
What did they do? They didn't do anything.
他們干了什么,什么都沒干
They're being accused
他們被控告
of coming up with a deceptive slogan.
虛假宣傳
By Durham Foods. Exactly.
原告是達勒姆食品公司,沒錯
They have their own line of bottled water, which,
他們也有瓶裝水生產線
by the way, tastes like a stagnant pond.
只不過味道像臭河溝里的水
So how do we defend against their claim?
那這官司我們要怎么打
Who said anything about "we", white man?
誰說是"我們"了,傻孩子
My defense is puffery.
我的辯護策略就是夸大廣告
Oh, you're gonna stick out your chest?
你要挺起胸膛嗎
No, Mike, "puffery" is...
不,邁克,"夸大廣告"是
A big, bold, empty statement
響亮,有力,空洞的語言
not meant to be taken as fact, therefore
并不一定是事實,因此
not subject to deceptive advertising litigation.
不算是虛假廣告訴訟
Touche.
很好
See? It's a solid case.
看到沒,贏定了
I agree. No one would actually believe
我同意,沒人真會相信
that drinking Liquid Water would raise your I.Q.
飲用液態水會提高智商
I mean, who would be that stupid?
誰會這么蠢
I mean, other than people who actually drink...
除了那些喝
Liquid Water.
液態水的人
You know what? Whatever.
隨便了
Just don't mention that last part in the deposition,
別在證詞里提及最后那段就行了
Okay? Yeah, okay.
好嗎,好的
Wait, Louis?
等等,路易
Um, if we're claiming puffery,
既然我們以夸大廣告辯護
why do I need to waste all my time with these motions?
為什么我還要浪費時間做辦這些申請呢
All right, let me explain something to you.
好吧,我來解釋給你聽
We're at war, and in times of war,
我們在打仗呢,在戰爭中
a private does not question his commanding officer.
列兵不可以質疑其指揮官
If I ask you to wipe out a village,
如果我要你去消滅一個村落
you say, "How high?"
你就說"馬上去"
That... Which brings me to my next point.
那也,順便說下一點
You report to me and me only.
你要向我,而且只能向我報告
You don't talk about our business with anyone else.
不能和別人討論我們的案子
You're in by 7:00, you're out no sooner than 10:00,
七點上班,十點前不能下班
and here's the most important thing,
最重要的是,不能滾床單
no sex of any kind.
不管是和男人還是女人
Weakens legs, clouds your judgment. Got it?
這是弱點,會混淆你的判斷力,明白了嗎
I'm not sure I do. Good.
不是很明白,很好
Okay.
好吧
No sex.
不能滾床單
No sex. Got it.
不許滾床單,明白了
Oh, my God.
天哪
Well?
如何
Oh, my God.
天哪
Donna, I need to know if you ever saw this.
唐娜,你到底有沒有見過這個
Yes, Harvey, I saw the smoking gun
見過,哈維,我見過
in a multimilliondollar liability claim,
數百萬美金責任索賠案里的確鑿罪證
and I hid it from you.
還把它藏了起來
I also know where Amelia Earhart's living, and I have
我也知道阿梅莉亞·埃爾哈特住在哪
the missing 18 minutes from the Watergate tapes.
我還有水門事件錄音帶中消失的十八分鐘
All right, take it easy.
好了,別激動
I don't like having my competence questioned.
我不喜歡有人質疑我的能力
Yeah, and I don't like being sued for fraud.
我還不喜歡有人起訴我詐騙呢
That document never came into this office,
這份文件從沒進過這間辦公室
or you would have seen it.
不然你一定會看到的
Donna, two dozen people worked on this case,
唐娜,這么多人辦這件案子
and any one of them could have seen it and missed it.
任何一個人都可能看到了卻沒注意
I need to know that didn't happen,
我得知道這種事沒有發生
or I need to know who to fire.
要不然我該開除誰
Give me an order.
發號施令吧
Go through every file in the original case
檢查原案中所有的文件
and make sure that document isn't in them,
確保這份文件不在其中
and do it without anyone knowing.
別讓人知道
Done.
遵命
Okay, ha ha, joke's on me.
笑話我吧
Aren't you Louis's boy?
你不是路易的人嗎
Yes, I get it. No more fondling the vinyl.
我明白,再也不摸你的唱片了
Or besmirching the good name of the spinners.
也不能再損害紡紗工樂隊的美名
Yes, I totally deserve to be handed over
沒錯,因為這個原因而把我交給
to the poor man's Lex Luthor for that.
那個可憐的奸角完全是我自找的
Please, Harvey, you have to get me back.
拜托,哈維,你必須讓我回來
Have to? Will you?
必須,你愿意嗎
He thinks we're going to war.
他覺得我們要上戰場了
He give you the "burn down the village" speech?
他跟你說了那套"消滅村落"的理論了嗎
Yes. What is it with him?
是的,他怎么回事啊
It's like the pony thing all over again.
就像"良駒"事件再次上演
He's, like, the captain of mixed metaphors.
他還真是混合隱喻的高手
Look, I can't take you back now.
我現在不能讓你回來
I have to honor my bet,
我打了賭就要講信用
especially since my honor's in question.
尤其現在我的信用受到質疑
Okay, why are you strangely emphasizing the word "honor"?
你為什么要強調"信用"這個詞
This letter of complaint.
因為這封投訴信
I'm being accused of fraud by Travis Tanner.
特拉維斯·坦納要起訴我詐騙
Isn't that like the pot accusing the kettle of... fraud?
你們倆不是半斤八兩的嗎
I'm going to the airport to talk to CM right now.
我現在要去機場和科斯特爾汽車公司的人談談
I want to reassure Lawrence Kemp
我要消除勞倫斯·坎普的疑慮
that we're all over this.
告訴他我們已經在處理了
Please, Harvey, come on. Take me with you.
拜托,哈維,帶上我吧
I can do this. I can work for both of you.
我可以的,我可以同時為你們倆做事的
It's too risky. I'm solo on this.
太冒險了,我一個人搞定
Besides, I've got a relationship with Kemp.
再說了,我和坎普還是有些交情的
I should talk to him alone.
我得單獨跟他談
Not a word to Louis. Understand?
對路易只字不提,明白嗎
Yeah. Hey, he said that I can't have sex
明白,他說我和他共事的時候
while I'm working with him. Is that really his call?
不能滾床單,他說了算嗎
Well, he is your commanding officer.
他是你的指揮官
You looking for civil torts, volume three?
你在找民事侵權案,第三卷嗎
People put that in criminal law. I hate that.
他們把它放在刑法里,真討厭
Yeah, I know. Me too.
對啊,真討厭
Oh, I knew we had something in common.
我就知道我們有共同點
You need my help?
要我幫忙嗎
Ah... no, I've actually got it right... there.
不用了,我找到了,就在,那里
I'm sorry. I was just trying to help you.
抱歉,我只是想幫忙
Harold, you're the associate,
哈羅德,你是助理律師
and I'm the paralegal.
我只是個干雜活的
It's my job to help you, not the other way around.
應該由我來幫助你,而不是反過來
I don't see us that way.
我不覺得
Okay, um, you want to help me? My... my stapler is broken.
你想幫我嗎,我的訂書機壞了
Could you get me a new one?
能幫我拿一個新的嗎
I'll get you three.
我給你拿三個來
Harold.
哈羅德
Thank you.
多謝
Good to see you, Lawrence.
很高興見到你,勞倫斯
Harvey, good to see you.
哈維,很高興見到你
Sorry this had to be on the fly.
抱歉在這兒見面
It's not a problem.
沒關系
I want to start by giving you my word
首先我要鄭重告訴你
that we crushed this suit once,
上次訴訟我們大獲全勝
we're gonna to crush it again.
這次也不會輸
I should hope so.
希望如此
I was hoping to have this discussion privately.
我本打算和你單獨交談的
Well, this is our new general counsel, Matt Lasker.
這是本公司新法律總顧問馬特·拉斯科
He insisted on being part of the discussion.
他堅持要參與這次對話
Forgive me, I'm just getting up to speed.
請諒解,我是為了熟悉情況
Then you should know that... Out of curiosity,
那你應該很清楚,我不得其解
why did you receive a draft of the complaint
你怎么會在我們之前收到
before we did, Mr. Specter?
控訴草案,斯佩克特先生
Travis Tanner gave me an advanced copy.
特拉維斯·坦納給了我份樣本
Must like you.
真像你的作風
We have a special relationship.
我們關系特殊
Which I've looked into. Harvey,
我查過了,哈維
He really seems to have a bone to pick with you.
他似乎是故意和你過不去
That's not gonna be a problem.
這沒什么問題
It may be for us.
對我們可能就是問題
Tanner came to see you, didn't he?
坦納找過你了,是吧
At our request. Lawrence, I'm telling you,
在我們的懇請下,勞倫斯,我告訴你
We can handle this.
我們能搞定這事
We just need to stick together.
只要我們團結一致
Look, if I'm going to defend us against this suit
如果我要打這場官司
"If" being the operative word.
"如果"這個詞很重要
Am I being fired?
你們是在解雇我嗎
We're keeping you on retainer
在我們進行選擇的同時
while we evaluate our options.
會暫時保留對你的聘用
Don't you see, Tanner's trying to put a wedge between us?
你看不出坦納在試圖挑撥我們嗎
What Lawrence is reluctant to tell you is,
勞倫斯不想親口告訴你
your relationship with this man
正是因為你和這人的關系
has put us directly in his crosshairs.
才讓他把槍口對準了我們
There is a wedge between us.
我們之間確實有嫌隙
Maybe Lawrence's reluctance stems from the fact
也許勞倫斯不管以親口告訴我
that I also have a relationship with him.
是因為我和他也交情甚密
Harvey, I have a corporate responsibility here.
哈維,我身負對公司的義務
Well, while you're evaluating your options,
在你們進行選擇律師的同時
why don't you think about
不妨想想
who was there for your company four years ago
四年前是誰幫你們打贏了官司
and what happened to your stock price after I won.
還有贏了之后公司股價是怎么飆漲的
Oh, you got paid very well for that.
你也賺得盤滿缽滿
As were you.
你也是呢
You had a huge bonus that year,
你那年分紅頗豐
and I don't actually recall it ever going back down.
此后更是一路飄紅
There's no need to get personal.
我們只是公事公辦
You... our asses are on the line,
你,我們已經命懸一線了
and you're trying to cut me loose, it's personal.
而你想著要解雇我,別說只是公事公辦
Harvey. Save the "It's not you, it's me" speech, okay?
哈維,別再說"問題在我,與你無關"了
Be a man and make a clean break.
拿出點勇氣直截了當地說吧
Fine. No.
行,別
You're fired.
你被解雇了
He's on record.
他公開聲明了
Remember I told you it was too risky
還記得我和你說過
to work with me and Louis at the same time?
同時替我和路易兩人工作太冒險嗎
Yes.
記得
We have to take that risk.
我們得冒這險了
I need you to go through every file in this case.
去仔細查看這案子所有的檔案
You mean you want me to find what you missed?
你意思是要我找你遺漏的線索
I didn't miss anything.
我設么也沒遺漏
I need you to go through those files
我要你去查看那些檔案
and tell me what's not in there. Shit, I gotta go.
然后告訴我里面缺了什么,先掛了
What happened?
怎么樣了
Well, I got good news and bad news.
好消息壞消息都有
What's the bad news? I got us fired.
什么壞消息,我害我們被解雇了
What's the good news?
那好消息呢
Anything we find from here on out
現在起我們找到的一切資料
is no longer covered by attorney client privilege.
都不受客戶保密條款限制了
Did you find what you're not looking for?
找到你不想找的東西了嗎
No, did you find what you're not looking for?
沒,你找到了嗎
Nope. Oh, my God, it is so stuffy in here.
沒,天啊,這里真是悶得慌
What are the symptoms of carbon dioxide poisoning?
二氧化碳中毒癥狀有哪些
Headaches, dizziness, mental confusion,
頭痛,頭暈,精神錯亂
mental confusion.
精神錯亂
Kevin, trusts and estates?
是信托地產部的凱文嗎
No, it's too meek. It's gotta be a woman.
不,這聲音太溫柔了,肯定是個女的
Who is it?
是哪位
Harold. I need a stapler. I was right.
哈羅德,我要個訂書機,我猜對了
Okay, there are files everywhere.
好了,這里檔案滿地是
He's gonna be suspicious. What do we do?
他肯定會起疑心的,怎么辦
Don't worry, I got it.
沒事,交給我了
I got this. What are you...
看我的,你在
Come here. What's going on?
過來,你要干什么
Come in.
請進
Hi, Harold, honey.
你好,哈羅德,親愛的
Is this why it says, "Do not enter?"
難道門上寫"請勿進入"是因為這個
We're kind of busy in here. Do you mind if, um...
我們現在有點忙,你能不能...
you know,
你懂的
You just don't bother us anymore?
別來打攪我們
Sure. No problem.
沒問題
Yeah, he didn't notice the files.
很好,他沒注意到檔案
Oh, shit, I'm late for Louis's settlement conference.
該死,路易的和解會議,我要遲到了
Uh, and...thanks.
多謝了
You're welcome.
不客氣
And then I take the shuttle to Grand Central,
然后我乘班車到中央車站
And then I take the local from there.
然后從那里坐公車
I think you'll find that... pleasurable, actually.
實際上這還挺不錯的
Sorry, restroom.
抱歉,去洗手間了
No, that's okay. This is my associate, Mike Ross.
沒事,這是我的助理,邁克·羅斯
He was busy, uh, drafting some pertinent documents.
他在忙著起草相關文件
Motion to dismiss, motion to compel,
解雇動議,強制執行動議
motion to strike, motion to change venue,
打擊動議,審判地點變更動議
And we have another half dozen in the pipeline.
還有數份尚在醞釀
No, they're here.
不,已經做好了
What is this?
你們這是做什么
This was supposed to be a settlement conference.
這應該是個和解會議
Oh, we're not here to settle. We're proceeding to trial.
我們不是來和解的,我們準備上法庭
You want to take this case to trial?
你想把這案子搬上法庭
Unless I can't hear the sound of my own voice,
除非我聽力有問題
I believe that's what I just frickin' said.
我想我剛才就他媽這么說的
We're the little guy.
我們是弱勢群體
Your parent company's a behemoth.
你們的母公司是強勢群體
A jury's gonna hate you.
陪審團不會喜歡你們的
Well, thanks to your disgusting smears in the media,
鑒于你們借媒體惡意誣陷
that might be true,
你說的確有可能
which is why we're also filing a countersuit
所以我們要提出反訴
for libel, slander, and anything else
包括誹謗,造謠,以及
that might be appropriate in this case.
任何可行的罪狀
Tortious interference?
侵權干擾怎樣
This is... you got... this is not good faith, Mr. Litt.
你這樣很不誠實守信,利特先生
Sir, you have besmirched the good name of Liquid Water,
先生,你玷污了液態水公司的名譽
And if you think that we're here for a settlement conference,
如果你天真地認為這是和解會議
Well, let me just correct that one for you right now.
請允許我立即糾正你
We are not settling. We will not be settling.
我們沒想過和解,以后也不會
In fact, the only thing that's settling here
事實上,目前唯一鐵定的就是
is the sediment at the bottom of your putrid water. Get me?
你現在是一潭死水了,明白嗎
Now be sure to take that Grand Central shuttle
別忘記照我說的,去坐趟
like I told you, okay? I think you're gonna love it.
中央火站的班車,你肯定會喜歡的
Uh, that was... Amazing? I know.
剛才真是,太棒了,我知道
I'm sorry, Louis, that I, uh
抱歉,路易,我
Questioned my orders? I know.
質疑了我的命令,我知道
I thought it was just busy work.
我以為只是繁雜的工作而已
Well, it wasn't. For every hour you spent drafting them,
不然,你每花一個小時起草文件
They're gonna spend ten hours
他們就會絞盡腦汁,用十倍的時間
figuring out how to argue it back in court.
想辦法在庭審時駁回
You're gonna bury them in paperwork.
你想用文山紙海把他們埋了
Look at you.
看看你
You catch on quick. What happens next?
腦子轉得真快,接下來呢
They squirm for a day or two, reevaluate,
他們再掙扎一兩天,重新評估
and come back to us on our terms.
就會回來答應我們的條件
Like... tomorrow, maybe?
或許...明天吧
Tomo...
明...
Mike. Sweet, impressionable, young Mike.
邁克,可愛敏感的小邁克
You see, unlike what Harvey believes,
知道嗎,跟哈維的想法不同
going to trial is a good thing,
出庭是個好事
especially when the other side can't afford it.
尤其是在對方無法支付訴訟費的情況下
Durham foods, their financials are soft,
達勒姆食品公司的財政很糟糕
but it's gonna take a trial to put 'em down,
但需要出庭才能將他們擺平
So you better lace up your bootstraps
所以你要做好打持久戰的準備
'cause this battle could take months.
因為這個戰役要耗上好幾個月
Uh, where you going?
你要去哪兒
Uh, I just have to go back...
我只是要去...
to, uh, the bathroom.
去趟洗手間
You just went.
你剛去過
Are you keeping track?
你在跟蹤我嗎
I may start.
我可以從現在開始
I don't mean to intrude, but Donna's not at her desk.
我不是想闖進來,可是唐娜不在座位上
Do you have a minute?
有時間嗎
I overstepped last week. I want to make up for it.
我上周越界了,我想彌補一下
It's not necessary, Daniel.
沒必要,丹尼爾
Pfister Insurance, I thought,
菲斯特保險,我覺得
maybe we could handle them together.
也許我們可以聯手
I'm gonna to have to take a rain check.
還是下次再說吧
It's a peace offering, Harvey. Take it.
我是在伸出橄欖枝,哈維,答應吧
You know, I'm sorry,
我很抱歉
but my plate's just a little full at the moment.
但我的安排很滿
Do you mind if I ask with what?
我能問下你在忙什么嗎
Uh, the usual. I have six situations,
都是些日常工作,我手頭有六個案子
all in need of immediate attention.
都需要立即處理
Which begs the question, why not add one more?
若是這樣的話,再來一個案子又何妨
I'll see if I can free up some time next week, okay?
我看看下周有沒有時間,好嗎
Um...I think I didn't find something.
貌似我沒找到你要的東西
Who let me not have it then.
那是誰壞了我的好事
During the two years before our car was manufactured, there was
在汽車量產前的兩年間
this midlevel quality control manager named Sarah Layton,
有一個叫莎拉·萊頓的中級質檢經理
who wrote several reports
寫了幾封報告
on other CM car models
反映了科斯特爾公司的其他車型
but never on ours.
但從未反映過出事車型
So she's not relevant to our case.
所以她跟案子無關
It would appear that way,
表面上是這樣
but after May 5th, 2006,
但在2006年的5月5日之后
she never wrote another report ever again.
她就再也沒寫過報告了
That's kind of a coincidence, isn't it?
有點太巧了對吧
That on the exact date that our car went into production,
出事車型量產的同一天
she disappeared from CM's records?
她就從科斯特爾汽車公司的記錄上消失了
She could've just been fired.
她可能只是被開除了
Never filed for unemployment.
從未遞交失業報告
Could've quit. No exit interview.
可能是辭職了,沒有離職面談
Permanent unpaid leave.
永久無薪休假
Gets out of any records.
從公司里蒸發了
And nothing to tie her to our car.
沒有任何資料能證明她與出事車型有關
She wrote that memo.
她寫了那個備忘錄
Very smart. Thank you.
非常聰明,謝謝夸獎
I meant them, not you.
我指他們,沒說你
But I found it. That makes me even smarter.
可這是我發現的,因此我更聰明
Don't be cocky. It's unbecoming
別驕傲,驕傲這一套
on you. I can pull it off.
不適合你,你做的我也能辦到
You better be nice to me because I know where she lives.
你最好對我好點,我可有她的住址呢
Where who lives?
誰的住址
My high school sweetheart.
我高中的老相好
We connected on Facebook.
我們在Facebook聯系上了
Oh. Bullshit, you're not that sentimental.
胡說,你才沒那么懷舊
Yes, I am. She was his first.
我怎么不是,她是他的初夜
Deposition tomorrow. Be ready.
明天要取證,做好準備
First? I had to sell it.
初夜,我得編得像點啊
Give me the address and tell Donna to hurry up.
把住址給我,告訴唐娜加快進度
I'm naked to the world down here.
我要去她那兒空手套白狼
Harvey, there is one problem.
哈維,你忽略了一點
If this woman was involved in the original coverup,
如果這個女人當初參與了掩蓋事實
she's not gonna want to talk to a lawyer
她不會想跟一個與她
who isn't on her side anymore.
立場相背的律師談話
Well, I better think of something on my way down there.
那我最好在路上想出對策
I went to the file room to get you the good stapler,
我本來要去檔案室給你拿訂書器
but there was a bit of a snafu.
但是那兒一團糟
In the file room? I don't want to get into it.
檔案室里,我不想進去
In the meantime, I brought you my own personal stapler,
同時,我把自己的訂書機拿來給你
a twohole punch, threehole punch, oldschool witeout,
雙孔和三孔的打孔器,過時的修改液
and enough highlighters to last you till kingdom come.
還有熒光筆,夠你用上一輩子
Look, Harold, II know
聽我說,哈羅德,我知道
that you don't see us as paralegal and associate,
你沒把咱倆看作上下級
but I think it's best from now on
但我覺得最好從現在開始
that I just help you.
由我來幫你做事
Because the truth... the truth is,
因為事實是
you are far too valuable to be wasting your time on this.
你把時間浪費在幫助我上,大材小用了
I am?
大材小用嗎
You're right. Yeah.
你說的對,沒錯
And besides, you probably don't want all this stuff, anyway.
而且,你可能也不需要這些東西
Well, there's that. Except for the stapler, of course.
一點沒錯,當然,除了訂書器
You got it. Of course. Thank you.
當然,沒錯,謝謝
Sarah Layton?
莎拉·萊頓
You recognize me.
你認得我吧
I do.
認得
Then you know who I work for.
那你該知道我為誰工作
Coastal Motors.
科斯特爾汽車公司
I'm not gonna deny that.
我不會否認這一點
What do you want?
你有什么事
We have a problem.
我們有個麻煩
I need you to tell me everyone you've ever shown this to.
我要你告訴我,都有誰看過這份文件
I never showed it to anyone.
這個文件我沒給任何人看過
Ms. Layton, I don't care that you wrote it.
萊頓女士,我不在乎是你寫的
You made a deal to keep your mouth shut,
你承諾保持緘默
and I believe you kept it.
我相信你守口如瓶
All I care about is who else read it.
我關心的只是有誰看過這個文件
I don't know who else read it...
我不知道還有誰看過
'cause I didn't write it.
因為這不是我寫的
Ms. Layton I brought my concerns to Mr. Kemp.
萊頓女士,我向坎普先生提出我的擔憂
He told me not to put anything in writing, and I never did.
他說不要寫成文字,所以我從未寫過
Good.
很好
I need you to swear to me
我要你對我發誓
that you never told anyone
除了勞倫斯·坎普
other than Lawrence Kemp about the flaws in his hood.
你從未告訴任何人引擎蓋有缺陷
You listen to me.
你聽我說
He promised he'd fix the problems on the line
他答應我會在流水線上把問題解決
If I kept quiet. He did,
前提是我要保持緘默,他的確做了
but he never went back and fixed the ones we already made,
但他從未將已經出廠的問題車輛召回
And that man died.
那個人因此而死
I have been living with that ever since.
從那時起我就心懷愧疚
Now get off my property, and leave me the hell alone.
現在離我家遠點,別再來煩我
Furniture salesman to limo driver.
從家具促銷員到豪車司機
You're stepping up in the world.
你可真是飛黃騰達啊
Well, it's nice to know you still have a sense of humor, Harvey,
剛剛得知曾為殺人犯辯護
considering you just learned you defended a murderer.
還有心情開玩笑,真厲害
I should've known you'd have me followed.
我本該知道你會跟蹤我
Follow you? I've been waiting for you.
別說這么難聽,我是一直在等你
I told you, you're on the wrong side.
我早說過了,你站錯了陣營
I don't defend murderers.
我沒為殺人犯辯護
That's not what that woman just told you.
那個女人可不同意你這么說
You wanted me to find her.
你就是想要我找到她
You have the document. No proof of fraud.
你有那份文件,但并不證明我們欺詐
Can't admit it without fraud.
你不承認欺詐,我也不會承認有那份文件
Now that you know Kemp lied on the stand.
既然你知道坎普在聽證席上撒謊了
I'm obligated to come forward and tell the court. Otherwise
我有義務前去與法庭解釋,另外
Even if you weren't guilty of fraud then,
即使你當時沒有欺詐嫌疑
you'll be guilty of fraud now.
你現在也有了
Of course, when you do come forward,
當然,當你把事情端上臺面
it's going to be awfully hard for people to believe
人們很難會相信
you didn't know about it at the time.
你對此竟毫不知情
You know I didn't know.
你知道我不知情的
I don't know anything of the kind.
我可什么都不知道
What I do know is, you're in a bind.
我知道的是,你現在岌岌可危
I wouldn't wait too long now.
我不會給你太長時間
I'd hate to have to report you to the bar.
我可不想親自去法院舉報你
Lawrence Goddamn Kemp.
勞倫斯·該死·坎普
Harvey, I need this suit quashed, and I need it done now,
哈維,這件官司必須馬上撤銷
so channel your anger and find a way out.
所以快把氣消了想個辦法出來
I mean, I knew I had an enemy in Tanner, but
我知道我和坦納勢不兩立了,但
Did you ever think that the person you should be mad at
你有想過你真正該生氣的人
is yourself? Excuse me?
是你自己嗎,你說什么
Law 101.
法律基礎知識
Don't ask your client if he committed murder,
不要問你的委托人是否犯了謀殺罪
but sure as hell find out if there's a smoking gun.
一定要找出是否有確鑿的證據
Jessica, I'm sorry, I wasn't born yesterday,
杰西卡,真抱歉,我不是三歲小孩
but he swore to me there was nothing wrong with that car,
但他向我發誓那輛車沒有問題
and I believed him.
我相信了他
Well, he lied to you.
他撒謊了
It's not the first time, and it won't be the last,
這不是第一次了,也不會是最后一次
But now Tanner knows it.
但如今被坦納知道了
I guess it's time to tell daniel.
事到如今得和丹尼爾說了
What? Now? No.
什么,現在,別
I just had the chance to tell him, and I didn't.
我剛才本可以說的,但我沒說
Why not? Because you told me not to.
干嘛不,因為你讓我別說
The one time you listen to me.
你這次可真聽話
No, no, no, no. You can't lay into me
不不不,你怎么能我每次和你對著干
every time I go against you and then flip it around now.
就大批我一頓,然后再得了便宜賣乖
We're not telling. I'm gonna fix it.
不要告訴丹尼爾,我會搞定的
Well, the one way to fix it is to negotiate a settlement.
現在搞定的唯一方法就是協商和解了
Oh, wait, we can't because you got us fired.
等等,行不通,因為你害得我們被炒了
I did, which means there's nothing stopping us
是我干的,也就是說我們可以毫無顧忌地
from strongarming them.
脅迫他們了
I gotta go.
我得走了
Just admit it. Your research suggests
快承認吧,你的調查表明
that consumers believe your water tastes like shit.
消費者認為你公司的水嘗起來難喝死了
Do I have to answer that?
我必須回答嗎
What exactly are you getting at, Mr. Litt?
你目的到底為何,利特先生
what I'm getting at is, Mr. Kessler is aware of the fact
我要說的是凱斯勒先生他們公司的水質量低劣
that his company's product can't compete with ours
無法與我方一較高低
'cause it tastes like shit,
他對這一事實很清楚
And they resorted to filing a bogus lawsuit
并企圖用一場徒勞的訴訟
against us in a desperate attempt to hide that fact.
做最后一搏一遍掩飾這一事實
No, you don't have to answer that.
不,你不必回答
Hey, Mike
邁克
Yeah. Thanks.
給你,謝謝
Kevin, right?
凱文,對吧
How long have you worked at Durham Foods?
你在達勒姆食品公司供職多久了
22 years. I started right out of college.
22年,大學一畢業就開始了
That's dedication.
很有奉獻精神
I admire that.
我敬重你
What's your current title?
你目前的職務是什么
Vicepresident of market research.
市場研究副總裁
it says here, three years ago,
這上面說,三年前
you applied for senior vice president,
你申請了高級副總裁的職位
But they gave the job to an Alan Stansby instead,
但最終這職位給了一個叫亞倫·斯坦博
a man who had been at the company far shorter than you.
他在公司的資歷遠比你要淺薄
Correct.
正確
Well, how'd that make you feel?
對此你感覺怎樣
Yes or no questions.
請用一般疑問句發問
My client's not here to discuss feelings.
我的委托人不是來這里訴衷情的
Okay, truthfully, you were hoping to be
好吧,老實說,在你規劃中
further up the corporate ladder by now, weren't you?
你目前職位要比現實中更高才對,是嗎
Maybe.
也許吧
OK, thank you, Mike.
好,謝謝,邁克
And once again, recently you applied for a senior vp position
你最近又申請了高級副總的職位
and were turned down. Is that correct?
再度被拒絕,我說得對嗎
Yes. You do know that Management
是的,管理部門準備
is going outside the company to fill the job, right?
在外部招聘這一職位,你知道的吧
Objection. Lack of foundation.
反對,缺乏依據
You know what? I am so sorry. That was
你知道嗎,我很抱歉
That's off the record.
那段刪掉
That's just because of a headhunter friend of mine
那只是因為我的一個獵頭朋友
That's notno, we object to that too.
不,我們對那條也提出反對
I'm warning you, Mr. Litt.
我鄭重警告你,利特先生
I'm sorry. Statement withdrawn.
很抱歉,我收回那句話
You know, you can tow the party line, Kevin...
你可以繼續保持緘默,凱文
But I know exactly
但我深刻了解
what it's like to bust your ass every day at a company
每天在公司賣命工作
and be overlooked for a promotion time and time again.
但總是錯失升職機會的感受
It just...
這實在是
hurts.
很傷人
Just physically hurts.
痛徹身心
Right here.
正中這里
Give 110% every day, and for what?
每天付出110%是為了什么
So they can just... chip away at your dignity?
是讓他們慢慢蠶食你的尊嚴嗎
You can be the, uh, loyal soldier today,
你可以依然做一個忠誠的戰士
be the cannon fodder for your bosses,
當你上司們的炮灰
Or you can turn the guns on 'em right now,
或者你可以立馬和他們反目
and you can just tell me the truth.
把真相告訴我
We're done here.
談話就此結束
It's true. Kevin.
這是真的,凱文
Our product sucks. No, objection.
我們的產品糟透了,不,反對
You can't object to your own witness.
你不能反對自己的證人
We're suing 'cause we're losing market share.
我們起訴的原因是在喪失市場占有率
Kevin. There's nothing wrong
凱文,你們的廣告活動
with your ad campaign, and that's the truth.
沒有任何不妥,這就是真相
Thank you, Kevin.
謝謝,凱文
Louis, that was awesome.
路易,剛才真是帥呆了
That was pretty spectacular, wasn't it?
相當有才,不是嗎
His testimony is gonna be amazing.
他的證詞將會強而有力
I got him to admit some damning things, didn't I?
我讓他供出了很重要的事實,對吧
You know, we should subpoena the outside company
我們應該傳審其他
that put together the focus groups. Yes.
能作典型代表的公司,沒錯
We should get all their records... Like it.
我們應該搜集到所有的記錄,好樣的
and the names and addresses of the people who took part.
以及所有相關人員的姓名住址
They're protected in civil actions
依據隱私法74條
under the Privacy Statute of '74.
他們有民事訴訟權利
No, that was overturned by Kressler v. Symtech.
不,那在克萊斯勒對西姆泰克案中被推翻了
Not if they'd been compensated,
只要他們得到過補償就不會
as is this case right here.
就像這件案子
We're gonna win this thing.
我們一定能贏下這案子
"If I can't win, I won't run."
"如果我贏不了,我是不會跑的"
What? "If I can't win,
什么, "如果我贏不了
I won't ru" That's Chariots of Fire.
我不會跑" ,出自《火之戰車》
Come on. Do youdon't tell me you don't know that film.
拜托,別告訴我你沒看過這部電影
You know, like what you and Harvey do,
你和哈維就經常這么干
Thethe movie quotes.
引用電影
I forgot. It'syeah.
我忘記了,這
Well, it's been a long time since I saw it,
這是我很久前看過的了
You know. It's a great, great flick though.
但絕對是部好片
Yeah.
是啊
Anyway, all right. So, um,
不管了,總之
Make sure the subpoenas are on my desk in the morning.
明早把傳票交到我桌子上
Oh, Mike, uh,
邁克
Make it the afternoon 'cause you've earned it.
下午就行,因為你表現得好
Good night, Tommy. Good night
晚安,湯米,晚安
Lawrence, what a coincidence,
勞倫斯,真是巧啊
Me running into you in your own building.
在你公司和你偶遇
I certainly wasn't waiting for you.
我顯然不是專門在等你
Harvey.
哈維
Ah, it's better this way.
還是這樣比較好
Your new lawyer won't hear what I have to say
你的新律師不用聽我的說辭
and be put in a position to commit fraud,
被逼到行使欺詐的境地
like you did to me.
就像你之前對我那樣
I don't know what you think you know, but it's wrong.
我不知道你自認為知道了什么,但你想錯了
I know about Sarah Layton.
我知道莎拉·萊頓的事了
I have no idea what you're talking about.
我不知道你在說些什么
But whatever you know, Harvey, is privileged information.
但無論你知道了什么,哈維,那是保密信息
Not if I found out yesterday,
但如果我昨天才發現,那就另當別論了
and definitely not if you conspired for me to commit fraud.
更別說是你陰謀陷害我行使欺詐
There's no fraud.
更本沒有欺詐一事
She found a problem, and you tried to
他發現了問題,而你試圖...
and I fixed it, and there's no record!
我解決了,而且沒有留下記錄
that's what a solid front end feels like,
這才是牢固的車頭
but you didn't make one,
但你造的車卻不是
So when Frank Randall's car hit the divider
弗蘭克·蘭德爾的車撞到間隔物的力度
at 50 times the force that you just felt,
是你剛才感受到的再加50倍
it crumpled and split him in half.
那種力度足以讓他粉身碎骨
Then I savaged his reputation,
然后我還讓他身敗名裂
all because you looked me in the eye
全因為你看著我的眼睛
and told me that your hood was rock solid.
告訴我你的引擎蓋堅不可摧
What do you want, Harvey?
你想要什么,哈維
What you should have done in the first place.
你原本就該做的事
Pay these people and make this thing go away.
賠償這些人,把事情了結
If you don't, I'm coming forward
你要不干,我就出馬
and telling the court what I know.
告訴法庭我知道的一切
Even if I didn't want to,
就算我不想這么干
I'd have to, but I want to,
我也不得不這么做,但我心甘情愿
and when I do,
等我抖出真相
coastal motors is gonna cut you loose
科斯特爾汽車公司就會把你開掉
exactly the same way you did to me.
就像你對我的那樣
So either you make it right on your own, or I will.
所以要不你自己解決,要不我來
Hi, I got subpoenas.
我拿到傳票了
I said the afternoon.
我說的是下午
It's the first thing in the morning.
現在剛是早晨
War doesn't wait for the afternoon.
戰爭可等不到下午
Sweeter words have never been spoken.
狗嘴里吐不出象牙
Gentlemen, before you do any more work,
先生們,在你們有任何行動前
Durham foods is declaring bankruptcy.
達勒姆食品公司宣布破產了
Yes. Damn.
太好了,見鬼
Damn? We win.
見什么鬼,我們贏了
No, now if there's a judgment on the countersuit,
不,如果反訴成立
we're gonna be in the back of the line behind a dozen lenders.
我們將面對的是一堆債主
Sorry. I know you've been working on this for weeks.
抱歉,我知道你們為這案子忙了一周
Uh, yeah. Yeah, well, what are you gonna do?
是,沒錯,你準備怎么做
We can still get a winwin out of this whole thing.
就算這樣我們也能做到雙贏
How? Well, you said that
怎么贏,你說過
their other products are worth real money, right?
他們的其他產品很值錢,對吧
So why don't we just advise liquid water
那我們何不建議液態水公司
to buy the whole company and then just give up the suit?
買下整家公司,然后撤訴呢
We kill the competition and get their other products
我們終止了競爭,讓他們的其它產品
at a discount to market value.
降到市場價格
Win. Win.
雙,贏
Why'd you cover for me?
你為什么要幫我
What do you mean?
什么意思
With Hardman out there.
剛才和哈德曼在一起的時候
You let him think that we were working together.
你讓他以為我倆在一起工作
In the deposition yesterday when you were
昨天取證的時候,你那...
You know, when you were talking about not
你那時候說到不要...
I've just really enjoyed working with you, Louis.
我很喜歡和你一起工作,路易
You have? Yeah, sure.
真的嗎,沒錯
Well, I thought Harvey might have poisoned the well
我以為哈維把我倆的關系
in regards to any relationship between the two of us.
挑撥得差不多了呢
Louis, can I be honest with you?
路易,我能實話實說嗎
Yeah, I can keep it real.
當然,來者不拒
As far as poisoning the well goes,
即便是有些挑撥離間
Harvey didn't really have anything to do with it.
但其實哈維在這中間沒起什么作用
That's pretty much all been you.
基本上是你自身的問題
What are you talking about?
你什么意思
Among other things,
別的暫且不提
You tried to sabotage my relationship with Jenny.
你曾試圖破壞我和珍妮之間的關系
After you laughed at that video of me.
在你嘲笑我的那段視頻之后
You stuck me in housing court.
你害我在房屋法庭中丟人
'cause you stole a client from me.
因為你搶走了我的客戶
You tried to blackmail me with a fake drug test.
你還用假藥物測試勒索我
Yeah, but it didn't work.
但沒成功
You defeated me. So?
你打敗了我,那又怎樣
So it's water under the bridge.
那就一筆勾銷了吧
No, no, no. Not water under the bridge.
不行,這可不是一筆勾銷那么簡單
Louis, you can't do that to people
路易,你不能這么對別人
and expect them to forget about it and move on. Don't you get that?
再期望別人忘記這些繼續生活,你懂嗎
They should. Would you?
他們是該忘了,你能嗎
Okay.
好吧
Mike, I will take your thoughts...
邁克,我會考慮你的建議
on my behavior under advisement.
下次做事前先深思熟慮一下
Wait, Mike? Yeah?
邁克,等一下,怎么了
Something's in the air still like a pall of
空氣中還是彌漫著一股
secrecy or a layer of unease.
瞞而不報,或是陰謀的味道
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不明白你在說什么
Mm, my spider parts are tingling.
我的第六感在發出警報
Please don't ever say things like that.
拜托別再說那種話了
Harvey's up to something. I know it.
哈維在計劃些什么,我感覺得到
What is he up to?
他在計劃什么
I don't know.
我不知道
You sure? Yes.
真不知道,真的
Um, Louis's parts are tingling.
路易的第六感在發警報
I don't want to know what that means
我不關心這是什么意思
or how you know that.
以及你怎么知道的
It means he knows you're hiding something.
這表示他知道你在隱瞞什么事
Well, if everything goes like I expect,
如果事情按我預想的方向發展
there won't be anything to hide.
就沒什么好隱瞞的
Good, because it just doesn't feel right lying.
太好了,騙人真不好受
You know, I actually kind of like working with him.
其實我還挺喜歡和他做事的
He's not a bad lawyer.
他不是個壞律師
I mean, you know, we have fun.
我是說,和他共事很有意思
You guys thinking about moving in together?
你們準備搬到一起住了嗎
Jealous?
吃醋了
Where's your gatekeeper?
你家門衛哪兒去了
Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can just waltz right in.
叫湯姆,迪克,哈利的都能飄進來了
Well, I don't see any Toms or Harrys here, but
我是沒見到叫湯姆或哈利的,但...
Okay, can we just please cut the small talk
好吧,我們能不能先別扯別的了
and you let me know what I'm not privy to?
你能告訴我,有什么事瞞著我嗎
I don't know what imaginary world
我不知道你現在神游到
you're skipping through right now, Louis,
哪個世界里去了,路易
But you're there all by yourself.
但那個世界里只有你自己
Right.
好吧
So first you hand me Ross on a silver platter,
首先你雙手奉上了羅斯
Then Donna's not at her desk for days.
然后唐娜又整天不見人影
You think that I don't know that there's a power struggle
你以為我不知道杰西卡和哈德曼
going on between Jessica and Hardman?
之間又有什么權利糾紛了
Harvey, look,
哈維
I admit I haven't always been, um...
我承認我表現一直
wellbehaved.
不是很好
But I can help you on this. You just gotta trust me.
但這回我能幫你,你必須相信我
Louis, go away.
路易,走遠點
That was harsh. You kidding me?
太殘忍了,你搞笑呢
He came hat in hand, Harvey.
他很有誠意,哈維
Have you met him? This guy gets one whiff
你剛認識他嗎,這家伙只要嗅到一絲
of what we've been hiding from Hardman,
我們瞞著哈德曼的事情
I guarantee you it's his office he's in, not ours.
我保證他會去找哈德曼,而不是我們
I know, we can't trust him.
我知道,我們不能信任他
Still, you should have seen him in this deposition.
但你還是該看看他在這次取證中的表現
I mean, all he wants is to be you.
他所想的只是成為你
Isn't that what everybody wants?
這不是所有人的愿望嗎
I'm serious, Harvey. Well, I'm sorry.
我是認真的,哈維,抱歉
That's just pathetic. I know, but what I'm
真悲劇,我知道,但我的意思是...
Harvey Specter.
哈維·斯佩克特
Harvey, it's Lawrence Kemp.
哈維,我是勞倫斯·坎普
Give 'em what they want.
按他們的要價給錢
Good. Is that it?
很好,就這些嗎
You want a medal?
要不給你個勛章
For what it's worth, I never meant
無論如何,我都沒想過
to put your reputation on the line,
把你的聲譽牽涉其中
and that memo never crossed my desk.
那個備忘我從沒見過
Goodbye, Lawrence.
再見,勞倫斯
They're settling? You wanted that?
他們講和了,是你想要的嗎
Wanted it? I goddamn orchestrated it.
想要的,是我一手導演的
CM pays what they should have in the first place.
科斯特爾汽車公司付出了他們本該付出的代價
And the suit against us goes away.
針對我們的指控就取消了
And Daniel Hardman's none the wiser.
而丹尼爾·哈德曼將對此一無所知
Where the hell's Donna?
唐娜哪兒去了
She's in the file room.
她還在檔案室
Hasn't found that document yet.
還沒找到那份文件
There is no document.
根本沒什么文件
So you believe him?
你相信他嘍
Not really. I just remember
不盡然,我剛想起來
who we're dealing with.
和我們打交道的是誰
Harvey.
哈維
What are you doing here?
你在這兒干嘛
Nothing.
沒什么
Just delivered CM's settlement offer to Smith.
剛把科斯特爾汽車公司的和解條款交給史密斯
Or Devane.
或戴維安
I can't remember, I can't tell those guys apart.
記不得了,我老分不清這些人
It's not their case.
這不是他們的案子
No, but it is their firm,
確實,但這是他們的公司
and I don't trust you.
而我又不信任你
Our offer was take it or leave it.
我們的提議是,接受或者放棄
Well, we took it. And now we're done.
我們接受了,現在都處理完了
Hmm, well, I'm afraid there's still the little matter
我可有點擔心針對你的欺詐索賠訴訟
of our fraud claim against you.
可不太輕松
Tanner, I'm glad you did what you did.
坦納,我很感激你所做的一切
The Randall family deserved that money,
蘭德爾的家人本就該得到那筆錢
But let's not pretend you've got shiton me.
但可別假裝你沒陷害過我
Excuse me?
你說什么
You used that memo to get what you wanted.
你用那只錄音筆得到了你想要的素材
But it never would have held up in court
但那在法庭上不能作為有效證據
because you wrote it.
因為是你編造的
That's a scintillating argument.
那倒是個有趣的論據
Too bad not a word of it's true.
只可惜不是真的
Well, let's take a look at your resume.
我們來回顧一下你的光榮歷史
Witness tampering, extortion, bribery.
篡改證詞,勒索,賄賂
forgery fits right in.
偽造簽字可全都吻合
That document's the real deal, Harv,
那份文件可是真的,哈維
And as far as reputations go,
說起名譽問題
I know all about your dirty dealings in the D.A.'s office.
你在地方檢察官那里干的勾當我可都知道
Unlike your theories about me, you were actually investigated
與你給我扣的帽子不同
for the very thing you're being accused of, burying evidence
你曾因隱瞞證據而接受過調查
A point I can't wait to bring up in court.
我迫不及待要在庭上闡述這點
You're the one with the problem, Harv.
有麻煩的是你才對,哈維
You know I didn't do this.
你知道我從沒做過這種事
Hey, thanks for settling the case for me, buddy.
這個案子能夠和解可多虧了你,哥們
But I said I wanted a pound of flesh from CM and you,
但我說過我不會輕饒你和科斯特爾汽車公司
and I meant it.
我說到做到
That was harsh. You kidding me?
太殘忍了,你搞笑呢
He came hat in hand, Harvey.
他很有誠意,哈維
Have you met him? This guy gets one whiff
你剛認識他嗎,這家伙只要嗅到一絲
of what we've been hiding from Hardman.
我們瞞著哈德曼的事情
I guarantee you it's his office he's in, not ours.
我保證他會去找哈德曼,而不是我們
I know, we can't trust him.
我知道,我們不能信任他
Still, you should have seen him in this deposition.
但你還是該看看他在這次取證中的表現
I mean, all he wants is to be you.
他只是想成為你
Isn't that what everybody wants?
這不是所有人的愿望嗎
I'm serious, Harvey.
我是認真的,哈維
I'm sorry. That's just pathetic.
抱歉,那太可悲了
I know, but what I'm
我知道,但我的意思是...
Bothering you?
打擾到你了嗎
No. No, not at all.
沒有,完全沒有
I heard about your proposal to buy Durham Foods out of bankruptcy.
我聽說了你關于收購達勒姆食品公司的提議
Impressive.
相當不錯
Well, the way I see it is a winwin.
我覺得這會是雙贏
Way to think outside the box.
打破常規了
It was actually Mike Ross's idea.
實際上是邁克·羅斯的主意
I'm glad to see it all worked out.
這點子很有效
Louis...
路易
You seem upset about something.
你看起來心事重重的
Is there anything you want to tell me?
要不要跟我說說
Jessica Pearson, leading by example.
杰西卡·皮爾遜,身先士卒啊
Spare me the charm, Harvey. Give it to me straight.
少油嘴滑舌,哈維,快告訴我吧
CM settled. $46 million.
科斯特爾汽車公司結案了,四千六百萬美金
1/3 to Frank Randall's widow,
三分之一給弗蘭克·蘭德爾的遺孀
the rest into a blind trust for his children.
剩下的通過保密信托留給了他的孩子
You're pleased with that?
你好像很滿意
Damn straight I am.
我當然滿意
When's the other shoe gonna drop?
什么時候才能塵埃落地
What makes you think there's another shoe?
誰告訴你塵埃還沒落定
It's Tanner. There's always another shoe.
我們對付的是坦納,事情沒這么容易了結
They're still coming after us for fraud.
他們還揪著我們欺詐不放
It's time to pay the piper.
出來混的遲早要還
You want to tell him, or shall I?
你去告訴他還是我來
Well, we'll worry about that tomorrow.
明天再考慮吧
What the hell gives you two the right
誰給了你們權利對我隱瞞
To hide a lawsuit against my firm from me?
針對我們公司的起訴
Daniel I am not done yet.
丹尼爾,我還沒說完
When were you planning on telling me this?
你們打算什么時候才告訴我
When the case went to court?
什么時候開庭審理的
When our malpractice insurance ran out?
我們的職業過失保險什么時候失效了
Are the two of you so shortsighted
你們倆怎么如此鼠目寸光
that you would allow your distaste of me
被你們對我的厭惡所左右
to impair your ability to run this firm?
削弱了運作公司的能力
When you came five years ago to blackmail me, I was furious.
你五年前勒索我時,我很憤怒
You told me that I was blaming you for my own actions.
你說我拿你當自己的替罪羊
I wasn't just embezzling, but I also tried to cover it up.
我不僅盜用公款,我還試圖隱瞞
Well, that's what you were so busy doing the other morning,
所以你那天早上其實是在忙這件事
covering it up.
忙著隱瞞真相
You had the chance to tell me, and you didn't.
你有機會告訴我,但你沒有
No, I didn't. Why?
不,我沒有,為什么
I don't trust you.
我不相信你
That's not true.
不是這樣的
He didn't tell you because I don't trust you.
他之所以沒告訴你,是因為我不信任你
Tell me you're not gonna use this as some power play.
你別想利用這件事弄權
That's exactly what I should do,
我本應這么做
But I am gonna give you the chance
但我打算給你一個機會
I have been asking you to give me,
就像我也曾經求你給我機會一樣
the chance to redeem yourself.
給你自救的機會
How?
什么意思
They're not just coming after you.
他們不只是針對你
They're coming after all of us.
他們針對的是我們所有人
Pearson. Hardman.
皮爾遜·哈德曼律所
What are you proposing?
你想說什么
We fight them together.
我們要一起反擊
Okay.
好
You trust him?
你相信他嗎
At the moment, we don't really have a choice.
現在我們別無選擇
Looking good, Louis.
看起來不錯啊,路易
You're supposed to say, "Feeling good, Billy Ray."
你應該說"感覺不錯,比利·雷"
You know, Trading Places. Movie quotes, it's what we do.
《交易所》的電影臺詞,我們倆經常這么玩
You want something?
有事嗎
Uh, well, I just heard
我剛聽說
that you ran with my idea about buying out Durham Foods.
你采納了我并購達勒姆食品公司的建議
And Hardman told me you gave me the credit,
哈德曼說你把榮譽讓給了我
So... Team LittRoss.
所以,利特羅斯無敵組合
I told him because I don't like to owe anyone anything.
我告訴他是因為我不想欠人家人情
You covered for me with him earlier, so I threw you a bone.
你曾幫我向他隱瞞實情,所以我也幫你一回
Now we're even. Where's this coming from?
現在我們扯平了,為什么這樣說
I'll tell you where it's coming from.
我來告訴你
You were right. Actions have impact.
你說得對,若想人不知,除非己莫為
So you want to remember the marijuana and tennis thing?
你記得大麻,網球什么的嗎
Well, I'm gonna remember things too.
我也記得
How's your budding bromance with Louis?
你跟路易剛剛萌芽的基情進展如何
Evidently, it's over.
顯然,玩完了
So fickle is the heart.
人心總是多變啊
What's going on with you? Why are you being so...weird?
你怎么了,為什么看起來,怪怪的
Tanner took the deal.
坦納接受條件了
So it's done.
那完事了
No. He's still coming after me for fraud,
還沒,他還追著我的欺詐不放
And a lot of people are gonna think I buried that document.
會有很多人以為我真的隱藏了那份文件
How can you bury what doesn't exist?
你怎么可能隱藏一份根本不存在的文件
Doesn't matter.
無關緊要
They'll think it happened once,
他們覺得已經發生過一次
it could happen again.
就有可能再發生一次
So why are you smiling?
那你笑什么
Because I know what they don't.
因為我知道他們不知道的
You're gonna beat tanner.
你要打敗坦納
I'm not just gonna beat him. When I'm done with him,
我不只要打敗他,等我處理完他
his own mother won't even recognize him.
連他媽媽都認不得他
Ah, that's where you are. I've been looking for you.
你在這兒呢,我一直在找你
You okay? You look like you're gonna be sick.
你還好嗎,看起來像是要吐了
Oh, god, you know, actually, I do,
老天,我確實不太舒服
I feel like I'm coming down with something.
感覺要暈倒了
Do you think that maybe you could grab me a water?
你能幫我拿杯水嗎
Yeah. Yeah, of course.
行啊,當然