So you did have the document from Coastal Motors?
所以你手上確實有科斯特爾汽車的文件
Objection. Harvey, you're the defendant.
反對,哈維,你是被告
I wasn't objecting to his question.
我不是反對他的問題
Just his tie.
而是他的領帶
I do have to look at it, you know.
我非得看著它
This is fun, isn't it, harv?
這樣挺開心的,不是嗎,哈維
Hanging out, catching up,
會會面,敘敘舊
Learning about your fraud.
研究一下你的欺詐案
I hate to burst your bubble, Trav,
我也不想讓你幻想破滅, 特拉維斯
But there was no fraud.
但根本就不存在欺詐
There was no fraud. What?
不存在欺詐
You just said, you had the document.
你剛剛說你確實有那份文件
Yes. We went back through the case files.
是的,我們重新翻閱訴訟文件
Found the report. Whoops.
找到了這份報告,哎喲
That's it. "Whoops"?
就是這樣,"哎喲"
Hope, you got that.
希望你聽到了
"Whoops"? Your defense is "Whoops"?
"哎喲" ,你的辯護詞就是"哎喲"
All right, you've made your point.
好了,你已經陳述過觀點了
You made us a settlement offer that we would never take.
你提出的和解條件我們絕不能接受
Let's talk about one that we would.
咱們來談個我們能接受的吧
This is a deposition, not a settlement meeting.
這是在取證,不是開和解會議
Every meeting is a settlement meeting.
每次會面都可以是和解會議
Fine.
好吧
The offer was 5 million,
原來的條件是五百萬
and Harvey gets disbarred.
并且取消哈維的律師出庭資格
How about $100 million?
現在一億怎么樣
And Harvey gets disbarred.
并且取消哈維的律師出庭資格
Tanner, you want to take this to court, go right ahead.
坦納,你想把這件案子鬧上法庭,隨你
I'd rather watch her cut you down
我更想看著她駁倒你
than see her cut a deal anyway.
而不是跟你達成協議
You know, I see why Hairdo
我知道這位美發先生為何想
wants to roll the dice, but why you?
放手一搏,可是你又為什么
You just went from 5 million to 100 million,
你的要價從五百萬提到了一億
and you're questioning why I don't want to settle.
你還問我為什么不想和解
If that's a sticking point,
如果要價是關鍵的話
I might be able to go to 0 million.
我也可以一分錢不要
But the one thing I won't budge on is
但我絕不會動搖的一點是
he gets disbarred.
得取消他的律師出庭資格
Hey, I'm doing you a favor.
我可是在幫你的忙呢
And what does he cause a headache like this once, twice a month?
他多經常捅出這樣的簍子,每個月一兩次嗎
Doesn't matter,
沒關系
'cause he cures more than he makes,
他解決的問題遠比闖下的禍多
like when you stuck your nose into my case last year, and he beat you.
比如你去年閑事管到我頭上,而他打敗了你
Crushed him.
打得屁滾尿流
Then he took his ball and went home.
他就賭氣抱著球回家了
Should've stayed there. Look at that.
你應該留下來的,瞧瞧啊
Finishing each other's sentences.
夫唱婦隨的
How cute.
多么有愛
No wonder you won't throw him under the bus.
難怪你舍不得踹開他呢
Good for you, Harvey.
真替你高興,哈維
I mean, you're throwing her under the bus.
我是說,你正在把她拖下水呢
Watch yourself, Tanner.
注意一點,坦納
Oh, what's the matter, Harv?
怎么了,哈維
Did I offend your delicate sensibilities?
我刺激到你那脆弱的情感了嗎
You want to take your ball and go home?
你也想賭氣抱著球回家嗎
I'm gonna take my ball
我要舉起球
And shove it up your Harvey.
塞到你的... 哈維
Of course.
當然了
Your coiffed hair, your pretty nails.
精致的發型,漂亮的指甲
See? She's the man, and you're the girl.
看見沒,她才是爺們,你是個小姑娘
You know, it's funny.
這真搞笑
I would have thought she'd prefer someone like
我還以為她會喜歡那種...
This deposition is over.
取證會到此結束
Now what? Is mommy gonna take you home now?
什么情況,媽咪要帶你回家了嗎
Wait. That's it.
等等,原來是這樣
You got a thing for mommy.
你有戀母情結
And now it all makes sense.
這樣就說得通了
Because I actually looked into your mommy,
因為其實我調查過你媽媽
And it turns out that the whole time You were home with daddy,
結果發現一直以來,只有爸爸陪你待在家里
mommy was out banging
你媽媽在外面搞...
Point, Tanner.
得分,坦納
I'll see you in court, Harv.
咱們法庭上見,哈維
So when did the plan change
不是說好要和解嗎
from trying to settle to punching Tanner in the face?
怎么就突然揍了坦納一拳
He didn't seem to want to do the one,
他似乎不接受第一方案
So I did the other.
所以我只好執行第二方案
That's funny.
有意思
But he got under your skin,
但他激怒了你
And that can't happen when we go to trial.
上庭時可不能再這樣了
It won't. Not if you're prepared.
不會的,你準備好了才不會
Are you suggesting a trial run?
你是建議進行模擬庭審嗎
I don't want a trial at all but
我一點都不希望進行庭審,但是
We already know your position is to cut me loose.
我們已經知道你的立場是擺脫我
But she's managing partner.
但她才是執行合伙人
Not you. No.
不是你,對
I'm just one of many partners
我只是和其他眾多合伙人一樣
who don't know what to think.
不知道該有何想法
And if they don't know you didn't do it,
要是他們不知道你是無辜的
how is a jury gonna feel?
陪審團又將怎么想
You're betting everything on this trial.
這場庭審你把家當都押上了
Better make damn sure you can win.
最好確保你一定能贏
He's an asshole.
他是個混蛋
He's right.
他說得沒錯
All right, what?
好吧,怎么了
If we're gonna do this,
如果我們真要模擬庭審
I don't want to waste the chance to tune you up.
我不想浪費這個好好調教你的機會
But that means we need a damn good Tanner.
但那意味著得找個出色的坦納
Are you saying I'm rusty?
你是說我技藝生疏了嗎
When was the last time you were in the ring?
你上次出庭辯護是什么時候
We don't need a good Tanner.
我們不需要出色的坦納
We need a nasty Tanner.
我們要找個卑鄙的坦納
Someone who will do anything to beat me.
找個不惜一切代價要擊敗我的人
Someone who makes you want to punch him in the face.
讓你想狠狠朝他的臉揍一拳的人
Oh, you want me to do what?
你想讓我做什么
I just told you four times.
我剛剛跟你說四遍了
I want you to play Tanner. No, no, no.
我要你演坦納,不不不
I'mI was a little distracted because I was reading.
我剛剛在讀書,有點走神了
Can you just repeat it one more time?
你能再重復說一遍嗎
Look, Louis, you've had your fun.
聽著,路易,你鬧夠了
When I said the ground rules were to knock me off my game,
我說基本原則是盡全力擊敗我
I was talking about the trial.
但那指的是模擬庭審
I know what you're talking about.
我知道你的意思
You didn't come to me because I'm an idiot.
你來找我,絕不是因為我是白癡
No, not because you're one, in spite of you being one.
對,不是因為你是白癡,但你確實是
I'm the man for the job, and you know it.
我是不二人選,你也了解
Actually, I had you at number five on my list.
實際上,你在我的名單上排第五位
And what did Jessica have me at?
杰西卡把我放在第幾位
Six.
第六位
Okay. I get it. I get it.
好了,我懂了,我懂了
You're trying to make me mad.
你這是在激我
No, I'm trying to make you good.
沒有,我在幫你提升自己
You see, the one thing you have in common
你和坦納之間存在著一個共同點
With tanner is your hatred of me.
那就是你們都恨我
That is true.
確實如此
But what you don't have are his skills.
但你沒有他的本事
But that's okay. I'll go to somebody else.
不過沒關系,我可以去找別人
Wait, Harvey. Stop.
等等,哈維,別走
You don't think I can win?
你覺得我贏不了嗎
I know you can't.
我知道你不行
This isn't some bank loan, junior.
這可不是什么銀行貸款案,菜鳥
Get out.
滾出去
I've got a trial to prepare for.
我還得準備一場庭審
And you know what?
你知道嗎
When you lose,
你輸了以后
do not come crying to me.
千萬別哭著來找我
Because there's nothing on this earth
因為世界上
that would be sacred enough to stop me
無論多神圣的東西都阻止不了我
from shoving your ass in the goddamn ground.
把你射得爆菊躺趴
Good.
很好
Because those are the real ground rules.
因為這才是真正的基本規則
Oh, I see. Now, you're asking to get lit up.
我明白了,你這就是求虐呢
Somebody wants to get lit up.
有人求虐啊
Messages. Color coded by urgency.
留言,按輕重緩急標了不同顏色
Has Donna called back?
唐娜回電話了嗎
She would be red, so...
她是紅色,所以
No.
沒有
Then those would all be the same shade of Idon'tgiveashit.
除了她的留言,其他我一概不想屌
Call her again. Yes.
再給她打一次,好
So?
那么
How was it?
感覺如何
How was what? Punching Tanner.
什么感覺如何,揍坦納
It was awesome, wasn't it? Tell me it was awesome.
感覺一定棒極了吧,快告訴我感覺很棒
What are you, in middle school?
你還是十幾歲的小毛孩嗎
I'm in the middle of a trial. A mock trial.
我正在庭審呢,假庭審而已
Mock trials are for children.
孩子們才玩假庭審
The adults are doing an inhouse trial run.
成年人進行的是專業的模擬庭審
Okay. Mock trial, trial run.
好吧,假庭審,模擬審判
Potayto, potahto, not potato.
馬琳薯,馬龍薯,都不是馬鈴薯
What do you need me to do?
你要我做什么
What he needs you to do is help me.
他要你來幫我
What's this?
這是什么
You've been drafted.
你被抽調了
Okay, what round?
好吧,哪回合
Excuse me?
你說什么
Sports metaphor.
體育隱喻
Oh, it's not tennis. Sports.
無關網球,是運動
You've been assigned by the judge to help me
法官派你來幫我
in pretty boy's trial.
處理美男的審訊
Oh, look at that, he thinks I'm pretty.
瞧瞧,他覺得我是美男呢
Wait, what judge?
等等,什么法官
His honor, Daniel Hardman.
法官大人,丹尼爾·哈德曼
I'll see you in court, sweet tits.
法庭見,娘炮
No, no. He can't.
不不,他不可以這樣
He can. I'm not
他可以, 我不是
You are. Harvey
你是,哈維
Listen, Louis is devious,
聽著,路易這家伙狡詐
confident, and intelligent.
自信而且聰明
You forgot ugly, lazy, and disrespectful.
你忘了他丑陋,懶惰和無禮的那一面
Now is not the time to quote the Breakfast Club.
現在不是引用《早餐俱樂部》的時候
Oh, you mess with the bull, you get the horn.
跟公牛作對,難免被牛角頂到
Stop it. This trial is no joke.
閉嘴,這次審訊絕非兒戲
Jessica's going against Muhammad Ali.
杰西卡要和拳王阿里過招
She'd better be able to beat Joe Frazier.
她最好能打得過喬·弗雷澤
Louis is no Joe Frazier.
路易的水平可不夠當喬·弗雷澤
Okay. I get it.
好,我明白了
You want me to help louis think outside the box.
你要我幫路易跳出固定思維模式
Exactly. Now, how would you come after me?
沒錯,想滅掉我的話,你會怎么做
Well, first of all Don't tell me, tell louis.
首先,別告訴我,跟路易說去
Because you and I are not discussing
我和你可不能在審訊期間
This trial during this trial.
討論這次審訊
Oh, and you were right.
你說得對
I know. About what?
我知道,關于什么
Tanner.
揍坦納
It was awesome.
確實很爽
Guess you're not going to let me win.
我猜你是不打算放水了
Have I ever? Would I know?
我放過水嗎,我怎么知道
Doubtful.
應該沒有吧
Have you ever?
你放過水嗎
Rule number 27:
第二十七條規定
Never beat the person you're trying to close.
絕不要打你想與之和解的人
I always hated rule number 27.
我始終厭惡這條規定
You couldn't close me five years ago.
五年前你就沒跟我和解成
What makes you think you've got a shot tonight?
你憑什么覺得今晚會有機會
Didn't. Not couldn't.
是沒和解,不是沒法和解
And five years ago,
況且五年前
It wasn't your legal services I was interested in.
當時讓我感興趣的又不是你的律師才干
How does Jessica feel about an employee
辭職的員工又回來做咨詢
who resigned coming back to consult?
杰西卡對此是什么感受
She's onboard.
她已經認同了
Do you mean I have to convince her?
你其實是說我還得去說服她
See that? That's why I want you.
明白了吧,這就是我需要的你的原因
You could've told me all this on the phone.
這些話你在電話里說就行了
Well, I wanted to see you first.
我想先和你見個面
Make sure things weren't... awkward.
確保我們冰釋前嫌了
You know, because
你懂的,因為
"I didn't call you back five years ago"?
五年前我沒給你回電話
You think you didn't call me back five years ago?
你覺得五年前是你沒有給我回電話
Oh, I know I didn't call you back five years ago.
我知道五年前我確實沒給你回電話
Well, I hope your jury consulting
我希望你的法律顧問水平
is better than your memory.
比你的記憶力更可靠
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
我想我們還是求同存異吧
Because you know I'm right.
因為你知道我沒錯
Because I'm a bigger person,
是因為我比你成熟
which is why I'm gonna come in.
所以我才參與此事
But I want to know, why'd you call me
可我想知道,為什么你找了我
instead of Ted Phillips?
而不是泰德·菲利普斯
Why do you think?
你覺得為什么呢
They had the document.
他們手上已有那份文件
They kept it to themselves, and then they destroyed it.
他們私藏文件,還將其銷毀
These are the facts of the case,
這就是整個案件的事實
And they are undisputed.
這是毫無爭議的
Aren't you supposed to be over there?
你不是該在那里嗎
You know, I'm just working on something for work.
我只是在忙工作上的事
Yeah. And just quoting A Few Good Men.
是啊,還引用了《義海雄風》的臺詞
For work. I know.
為了案件,我明白
Look, I, um...
話說,我
I have to ask you.
我得問你件事兒
Do you think that it's at all possible
你覺得有沒有可能
that he actually did it?
他真的那么做了
No, I don't. How do you know?
不可能,你怎么知道
Because I know harvey.
因為我了解哈維
I mean, how could you think he could do it?
話說你怎么能覺得他會那么做呢
Because I don't know harvey.
因為我不了解哈維
All I know is that he thinks he's above the rules,
我只知道他不把規則放在眼里
and he will do whatever it takes to win.
他會為了贏而不擇手段
Yeah, but that doesn't mean
是,但那不意味著
You don't think he has integrity.
你不覺得他是正直的人
Ah. Sorry, I have to go.
抱歉,我得走了
Oh, Mike.
邁克
What happens to you if Harvey loses?
如果哈維輸了,你會怎么樣
I don't know.
我不知道
But right now, it's not my job
不過眼下,擔心他輸掉
to worry about him losing.
不是我該做的事
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,
陪審團的女士們先生們
guilty is not gray.
是否有罪沒有灰色地帶
You either are or you aren't.
你要么就有罪,要么就無罪
And Harvey Specter is guilty of concealing that document.
而哈維·斯佩克私藏那份文件是有罪的
It's a good opening. It's not good enough.
不錯的開頭,但還不夠好
Says his lap dog.
他的哈巴狗發話了
Says the guy who knows how to beat him.
是那個知道如何打敗他的人發話了
I'm listening.
洗耳恭聽
How? Don't play the odds. Play the man.
如何,別賭運氣,賭那個人
Do you know how Harvey beat Tanner? No.
你知道哈維是如何贏坦納的嗎,不知道
He threatened to commit perjury to win.
為了贏,他曾威脅要犯偽證罪
Of course, it's classic Harvey.
當然,這是哈維的經典作風
He was bluffing.
他那時只是虛張聲勢
But Tanner didn't know that,
可坦納并不知道
and Harvey used it against him.
哈維就是利用這一點來對付他
What's your point?
你是什么意思
My point is you said classic harvey
我的意思就是你說這是哈維的經典作風
Before you even knew he was bluffing
哪怕你并不知道他只是虛張聲勢
Because you don't think harvey has any integrity.
因為你覺得哈維不是個正直的人
Nobody thinks harvey has integrity.
沒人覺得哈維正直
So then use that
就抓住這一點
against him.
來對付他
Easier said than done. Thanks.
知易行難,多謝
Yeah. No, you're right.
你說得對
Maybe it would just be easier
也許在他辦公室里
to bug his office with a dictaphone.
偷安個竊聽器會簡單點
Then use that to get ahead.
然后靠那錄音大獲全勝
I did not use it for that reason.
我不是為了贏他才裝的
Yes, you did, because you are a devious son of a bitch.
你就是,因為你是個狡詐的賤人
How dare you Shut up. You know it.
你竟敢,閉嘴,此事你知
I know it. Everybody knows it.
我知,天下皆知
I did what I did for the integrity of the firm.
我是為了公司的廉正才那么做的
Then why didn't you take it
那你怎么不把錄音先拿給
to the managing partner of the firm?
公司的執行管理人聽呢
Daniel had a right to know.
丹尼爾有權知道此事
And Jessica had a right to tell him,
杰西卡也有權告訴他
but you told him.
你卻直接跟他說了
You sought out Hardman
你巴結哈德曼
Because if he comes out on top, you want him to owe you.
好讓他哪天出頭了還欠你個人情
He was there when I heard it.
我聽錄音的時候他剛好就在那里
He asked, I told him.
他問起,我就告訴他了
Oh, so he asked if Harvey had a secret?
他問起哈維有無秘密了嗎
No, he didn't. So then you volunteered it,
他沒問,那你就是主動告訴他的
which is as good as seeking it out.
這與直接巴結一樣
Devious. You weren't there.
狡詐,你當時又不在場
You don't know. You're twisting what happened.
對情況一無所知,你這是在扭曲實情
Which is exactly what you need to do to Harvey.
你就該像我對你這樣對付哈維
How long have you been waiting?
你在這里等了多久
How long were you gonna ignore my calls?
你還要忽略我的電話多久
Last I checked, you haven't called.
我上次查手機沒看到你的來電
I've left you ten voicemails in the last week.
我上周給你留了10條語音信息
Huh, that's so weird.
這就怪了
I seem to remember your assistant
我記得似乎是你的助手
leaving me ten voice mails.
給我留了10條語音信息
You know I don't know how to dial out.
你知道我不懂如何掛外線
Is it eight? Is it nine?
是8還是9
Do you know how to use your cell phone?
你知道怎么用你的手機嗎
Because if I were your assistant,
如果我是你的助手
I would have totally programmed my phone number into it.
肯定早就把自己的號碼存進去了
Oh, wait.
等等
I did. When I was your assistant.
我存了,當我還是你的助手那會兒
Okay, look. I'm an asshole.
好吧,我是個混蛋
Did you come here to tell me things I already know?
你就是來告訴我一個已知的事情嗎
No, I came here to see how you're doing.
不,我是來看你過得好不好
You came to get me to do the trial run.
你是來找我參加試審的
Donna, it's important.
唐娜,這很重要
Yeah, important for me to get up there
重要到讓我跑去說
and say I screwed up trying to protect you?
我搞砸就是為了保護你
You did screw up.
你確實把事情搞砸了
Yes. To protect you.
是啊,為了保護你
Which I never asked you to do.
我從沒要你這么做過
No, you just expected me to do it.
對,你是希望我那么做
Like I expected you to fight for me.
就像我希望你能為我爭取一樣
I did. Really?
我做了,是嗎
Like you fought for Mike?
就像你為邁克爭取那樣嗎
Because that fight, you somehow managed to win.
但那次,你成功把他留了下來
Oh, and when you thought he needed to be fired,
對了,你覺得他需要被炒掉的時候
you respected him enough to do it yourself.
至少很尊重他,親自動手
Jessica insisted that she be the one to let you go.
杰西卡堅持要親自請你走
And since when have you ever done anything
如果你自己不樂意
Jessica wanted if it wasn't what you wanted too?
才不會對杰西卡言聽計從
Donna, I need you there.
唐娜,我需要你上庭
I need you to tell them that I didn't do this.
我需要你告訴他們我沒做那種事
I'm sorry, I can't.
抱歉,我辦不到
I've hired an attorney.
我已經請了一名律師
If this thing goes to trial, I'm gonna be taking the fifth.
如果要鬧上庭,我會援用第五修正案
So if you need another Donna at the firm,
如果你在公司還需要另一個唐娜
just have anybody say, "I decline to answer,"
找個人來說"我拒絕回答"就好
because that's all you're gonna get out of me anyway.
反正即使我去參加模審,也只會說這一句而已
Donna. I decline to answer.
唐娜,我拒絕回答
Really? Really?
不是吧你,不是吧
You don't get my kind of track record just by moneyballing people.
單純地投機是拿不到我這種業績記錄的
She's the me of jury consulting.
她是陪審團顧問版的我
Don't sell me short, Harvey. I'm trying to close a deal here.
別低估我,哈維,我還想把自己推銷出去呢
What kind of jury would you pick?
你會選哪種陪審員
I already did. You need men.
已經選好了,你需要男性
That's a mistake. Women love me.
選擇有誤,我更受女性歡迎
Really?
是嗎
Because I showed them your photo,
那為什么我給她們看你照片的時候
and they described you as arrogant,
她們對你的形容是,傲慢
conceited, cocky...
自負,自大...
Oh, and arrogant again.
又一個說傲慢的
What about handsome?
有人形容我帥氣嗎
Did I not mention arrogant?
你沒聽見我說傲慢嗎
It's not bragging if it's true.
如果是事實就不算吹噓
Yes, it is. Yes, it is.
就是吹噓,就是吹噓
Zoe, I'm still not convinced
佐伊,我還是不確定
I should hire you instead of Ted Phillips.
我是否該雇你來取代泰德·菲利普斯
After all, Harvey never tried to
還有,哈維從沒想過
sleep with Ted Phillips.
要睡泰德·菲利普斯
Who says I never tried to sleep with Ted Phillips?
誰說我從沒想過要睡泰德·菲利普斯
I can do what Ted can't.
我能做泰德做不到的事
Hardman came back. You're in his chair.
哈德曼回來了,而你占著他的位子
He doesn't like that. You told her?
他很不高興,你告訴她的嗎
I didn't have to.
我沒必要告訴她
The partners don't know what to think.
合伙人們不知道該有何想法
We don't just need to convince a jury I'm innocent.
我們不能只說服一名陪審員我是無辜的
We need to convince them I'm innocent.
我們要說服整個陪審團我是無辜的
Because if they don't trust Harvey...
因為如果他們不相信哈維
They don't trust me.
他們就不會相信我
And if they don't trust you,
而如果他們不相信你
and it ever comes to a vote, he'll win.
那一旦投票表決,他就會贏
She's worked here. She knows the other partners.
她在這兒工作過,她了解其他合伙人
She can read them.
她懂得讀取人心
And I also know Hardman.
而且我也很了解哈德曼
I never liked him.
從沒喜歡過他
I won't tell Hardman what I tell you.
我不會告訴哈德曼對你所說的話
Welcome back, Zoe.
歡迎回來,佐伊
Please state your name.
請報上你的大名
Harvey Specter.
哈維·斯佩克特
Your full name.
全名
Harvey Reginald Specter.
哈維·雷吉納德·斯佩克特
Do you consider yourself a liar, Mr. Specter?
你覺得自己是個騙子嗎,斯佩克特先生
Of course not.
當然不是
Didn't you recently confess
你最近難道沒有承認
that as an associate
在做助理的時候
you hid an important file.
你隱藏過一份重要資料
Belonging to a
這份資料屬于
what was his name?
他叫什么來著的
Oh, yeah, a Louis Litt.
對了,路易·利特
That was a prank.
那不過是個惡作劇
It was a onetime thing.
而且僅此一次
So you didn't do anything wrong?
所以你覺得自己沒做錯
I don't think so.
我不覺得有錯
And when asked,
那么之前被問詢的時候
did you claim that
你是否表示
you knew nothing about it? Yes.
你對此事毫不知情,是的
Did you ever do anything to remedy the situation?
你有做任何事來彌補這個局面嗎
No. Why not?
沒有,為什么不
What was done was done.
木已成舟了
"What was done was done."
"木已成舟"
And like you said, it was a onetime thing, right?
正如你所說,只此一次對嗎
Yes. Was it?
是的,是嗎
Because I think maybe this is a pattern.
就我看來這可能是你的一種模式
Information was hidden,
信息被隱藏
you claim you knew nothing about it,
你表示對此毫不知情
you did nothing to rectify the situation,
也沒做任何補救措施
And years later, you maintain you've done nothing wrong.
幾年之后,你就會堅持自己沒做錯事
Your honor, he's testifying.
法官大人,他在自證
Sounds exactly the same as why we're here today.
聽上去與此案的情況一模一樣
Except there's one big difference.
除了有一處很大的不同
Your honor. This time...
法官大人,這回
A man was killed.
有人被殺了
No further questions, your honor.
訊問完畢,法官大人
What's done is done, right?
木已成舟,不是嗎
The plaintiff calls Ms. Donna Paulsen.
原告傳喚唐娜·鮑爾森女士
Ms. Paulsen, did Harvey Specter
鮑爾森女士,哈維·斯佩克特
order you to shred this document?
有命令你銷毀這份文件嗎
I decline to answer pursuant to my fifth amendment rights.
援引第五修正案我拒絕回答
So you don't want to take this opportunity
所以你不想利用這個機會
to state your employer's innocence?
證明你的老板是無辜的嗎
Objection. You can't object.
反對,你不能反對
Jessica will. Could you just...
杰西卡就會,你能不能...
Sorry. Yeah.
對不起
Ms. Paulsen, do you consider yourself good at your job?
鮑爾森女士,你自認為工作能力很強嗎
I do.
是的
Have you ever stated to one Rachel Zane
你是否對一名叫瑞秋·贊恩的人說過
that you are indeed the best legal secretary in the city?
你其實是全紐約最棒的法律助理
Mike, you can't.
邁克,你不能這樣
Donna, I can.
唐娜,我可以
Yes.
是的
Ms. Paulsen, there was a personal date stamp
鮑爾森女士,有份五年前的文件上的
From five years ago on the document
私人日期戳顯示
that you're accused of shredding.
你涉嫌銷毀證物
Was it yours? I decline to answer.
那個戳是你的嗎,我拒絕回答
Did it look like your date stamp?
它看上去是你的日期戳嗎
I decline to answer.
我拒絕回答
Okay. Then let me ask you this.
好吧,那我這樣問
Would you believe that the best legal secretary
你能相信全紐約最棒的法律助理
in the city didn't know about a document,
根本不知道有這么一份文件
even though it had what appeared to be her date stamp on it?
即使上面明顯蓋的是她的日期戳
I decline to answer.
我拒絕回答
And would you believe that that same secretary
你能相信同樣是這名助理
would have destroyed that document
會銷毀這份文件
without explicit orders from her boss?
還未經過她上司的批準
This is gonna be bad, isn't it?
事情會變得很嚴重,不是嗎
Donna's gonna be great. Just follow the script.
唐娜沒問題的,只要照腳本走
Well, Rachel's not Donna.
瑞秋又不是唐娜
She's not guilty, and she can't be rattled.
她沒罪,受審不會慌張
You see how I rattled Harvey?
你看到我怎么讓哈維慌張的吧
The jury listens to words, but they respond to fear.
陪審團聽到的是語言,但會對恐懼做出反應
And we don't have that...
而我們沒有恐懼的氣氛
yet.
現在還沒有
What's this? Subpoena.
這是什么,傳票
You want to depose me?
你要讓我作證嗎
Okay, let's stop playing tiptoe through the tulips
別再玩這種吃葡萄不吐葡萄皮
around the elephant in the room.
吃蜂蜜不捅馬蜂窩的游戲了
That's not a thing.
根本沒這種玩意
You know some things about Harvey,
你知道哈維的一些事情
and I need to know them too.
而我也需要知道
You yourself said go after the man.
你要我去搞定那個男人
What better way to go after the man than to question the boy?
最好的方法不就是訊問那個男人的小跟班嗎
But I don't know anything about this case.
但我對這件案子一無所知
That's an evasive answer, Mike.
這個回答很牽強,邁克
You're hiding something, and I smell fear.
你在隱瞞什么事,我聞到了恐懼
I have to go to the restroom.
我要去上個廁所
Wait a minute. How bad is it?
等等,你有多急
Is it uncomfortable? Well, now it is.
讓你不舒服了嗎,現在不舒服了
Good.
很好
Is that a polygraph?
這是測謊儀嗎
Yes. Nope.
是的,不要
You are under oath.
你宣過誓
And I'll tell the truth.
所以我會說實話
You bet your ass you will, or I'll know.
你最好是,不然我會發現的
We'll start with an easy one.
先來個簡單的
What's your name?
你叫什么名字
Mike Ross.
邁克·羅斯
Where do you work?
在哪兒工作
Pearson Hardman.
皮爾遜·哈德曼
What do you do for a living?
你做什么工作
I practice law.
我是律師
And where did you attend law school?
你畢業于哪所法學院
What? What's the matter?
有什么問題嗎
Nothing.
沒
You're lying. No, I'm not.
你在撒謊,我沒有
I beg to differ.
難以茍同
Listen to me.
聽著
I know why the machine says you're lying.
我知道測謊儀說你撒謊的原因
You're nervous.
你在緊張
You don't want to rat out Harvey.
你不想出賣哈維
I get that.
我理解
But it's time you accept the situation.
但現在你必須接受現狀
This is happening
情況刻不容緩
and you're going to have to tell me some things about Harvey.
你必須把哈維的那些事告訴我
I accept that.
我同意
Then answer the goddamn question.
那就快回答這該死的問題
I'm proud to say that I have a diploma from Harvard Law.
我以擁有哈弗法學院的畢業文憑為榮
Now it's time that you accept the situation.
現在輪到你接受現狀了
I'm not afraid of you.
我不怕你
I wasn't there,
我當時不在場
And I don't know anything that's gonna help this case.
我不知道任何對案子有用的信息
Do you want fear?
你想要個真情實感的
I'll get you Donna.
我幫你把唐娜找來
The answer's no.
我拒絕
I didn't even ask a question yet.
我什么都沒問呢
Yeah, well you were going to.
但你會問的
Yeah. And you were gonna say no, but instead you're gonna say yes.
沒錯,而且你會改變主意答應我的
That's funny 'cause I already said no to Harvey.
真可笑,我連哈維都拒絕了
And you, my dear, are not... Are not harvey.
而親愛的,你可不是,不是哈維
No, I'm the guy who told you not to destroy that document,
確實,但是我忠告你不要銷毀文件
and you're the girl who promised me she wouldn't.
而你也答應我了
You know that I... Broke your promise.
你知道我... 背棄了承諾
Well, then I guess I just suck.
好吧,我這人就是糟糕
Because I'm breaking another one right now.
因為我還違背了另一個承諾
I told my attorney that I wouldn't talk to anybody at the firm
我向我的律師保證過,直到結案為止
until after this was over.
我不會和律所里的任何人說話
You hired an attorney? Yeah.
你還請了律師,對啊
I'd rather not go to jail.
我可不想坐牢
I don't do roommates, and I definitely don't do orange.
我不喜歡有室友,也絕不想穿橙色衣服(囚衣)
Nobody's going to jail, Donna.
你不會坐牢的,唐娜
You can't guarantee that.
你說了可不算
You dragged me into harvey's office once, and you scold me
有次你把我拉進哈維的辦公室大罵了一頓
about how much he loves his job.
告訴我哈維有多愛這份工作
Well, if you don't help him prep for Tanner,
如果你不幫他對付坦納
He's gonna lose in court, he is gonna get disbarred,
他會輸掉庭審,被撤銷律師執照
and he is never gonna be able to do what he loves ever again.
再也不能從事他所愛的職業
That is not fair.
這不公平
No, what's not fair is Harvey taking the blame for your mistake.
讓哈維替你的錯誤買單才是真正的不公平
You know what, do whatever your attorney wants.
你就乖乖聽你的律師話吧
Come in. Don't come in. Go to the movies. Take pilates.
愛來不來,看場電影,練練普拉提
I don't give a shit.
我才不管
Because whatever you do,
因為不管你去做什么
You're gonna regret it for the rest of your life.
都會為此后悔一生
The plaintiff would like to call Ms. Jessica Pearson to the stand.
原告想請杰西卡·皮爾遜出庭作證
Sidebar?
開玩笑嗎
This is just an attempt to make Harvey's attorney
你們只是試圖讓哈維
look bad in front of the jury.
在陪審團面前難堪
What, you think Tanner's gonna make you look good?
你還指望坦納會讓你好過嗎
You're a named defendant.
你是被告之一
He has a right to call you.
他有權力這么做
Louis, will you excuse us for a moment?
路易,你介意回避一下嗎
You think I don't see what you're trying to do?
我知道你在打什么小算盤
You want him to undermine me in front of the partners.
你想在合伙人面前,通過他毀我形象
I'm acting in an unbiased manner.
我所作所為公平公正
It sure took you a while to jump in when Harvey was up here.
有哈維在,你想融入團隊可不容易了吧
Oh, wait, you never jumped in.
不對,你就沒融入過
Jessica, you chose to try this case.
杰西卡,是你要模擬這案子的
You could have been up here. Instead, you're down there.
本來這位子是你的,你卻選擇坐在下面
Either take a knee or take that stand.
休庭還是作證,二選其一吧
Would you say it's important to win at Pearson Hardman?
皮爾遜·哈德曼是否重視輸贏
You don't get to be one of the top law firms in New York by losing.
輸官司的律所在紐約可沒前途
What about Mr. Specter? How's his track record?
斯佩克特先生的成績如何
Exceptional. He almost always wins.
相當出色,他幾乎未嘗敗績
Almost always.
幾乎全勝
Is that why he's the...
這就是為什么
youngest senior partner in firm history?
他成為史上最年輕的資深合伙人的原因嗎
It's a factor.
這是原因之一
And how much did the firm benefit with the coastal motors win?
律所從科斯特爾案子獲利多少
I'd say the profits were somewhere in the mid 8 figures.
我想獲利有八位數左右
And if Mr. Specter had lost those 8 figures,
如果斯佩克特先生輸了這樁八位數的案子
would he have still made senior partner so young?
還能這么早當上資深合伙人嗎
No.
不
No, he wouldn't have. How much did Mr. Specter
不可能,斯佩克特先生
personally gain as senior partner?
作為資深合伙人收入多少
It's too soon to say.
這還沒法說
He hasn't received his first bonus yet.
他還沒拿到第一筆分紅呢
Ballpark. No.
大約估計,不
Are you that ashamed of how much you pay him? No.
你以付他這筆錢為恥嗎,不
Well, then answer the question.
那就回答我的問題
Millions. And a junior partner makes?
數百萬,那初級合伙人拿多少
Much less.
少很多
So win, and you're rewarded millions.
所以贏下此案,就有數百萬的獎勵
Win less, and no matter how much hard work, dedication,
反之,不管你再努力敬業
or administrative dominance is displayed,
有再高的管理地位
you get nothing.
都分文不得
Quite the incentive
確實能激勵你
to do whatever it takes to "Almost always" win.
為達"幾乎"全勝不擇手段
I have to say, delicious dinner, fantastic wine...
我不得不說,美味的晚餐,上乘的紅酒
Almost enough to make up for the mediocre company.
確實抵去了約會對象的平庸不足
Don't be too hard on yourself. You're not mediocre.
別對自己那么苛刻,你才不平庸
See, that's funny, because you were talking about me.
真可笑,你其實是在說我平庸
There it is, the Specter smile.
出現了,斯佩克特的招牌笑容
What can I say? It came with the name.
我還能說什么,這就是我專屬的
And you're never fully dressed without a smile.
沒這笑容,你簡直就是半裸的
Being fully dressed is overrated.
你太夸張了
It is when you look like me.
對我來講毫不夸張
Mrs. Robinson, are you trying to seduce me?
羅賓森太太,你是在色誘我嗎
Did you just call me Mrs. Robinson?
你剛竟然喊我羅賓森太太
Okay, first of all, I'm younger than Anne Bancroft.
首先,我比安妮·班克羅夫特年輕
Anne Bancroft was hot.
安妮·班克羅夫特很性感
Which brings me to second of all.
這正是我要說的第二點
I'm hotter than Anne Bancroft.
我比安妮·班克羅夫特更性感
I'm hotter than Dustin Hoffman.
我也比達斯汀·霍夫曼更帥
Not in Tootsie.
別玩《窈窕淑男》了
Are you afraid you're gonna lose this thing?
你擔心輸掉這案子嗎
No.
不
You should be.
你該擔心
Why, because louis had one good direct?
就因為路易走了一步妙棋
You walk through life like men want to be you
你人生路走得太順利,男人都想成為你
and women want to sleep with you.
女人都想和你睡
I don't always walk.
我不一直走路
Sometimes I drive fast.
有時還飆飆車
And it's exactly that kind of response that make the partners think you're an ass.
就是這種態度讓合伙人都覺得你是個混蛋
Being an ass doesn't make me guilty of fraud.
混蛋不等于犯詐騙罪
If they're right about who you are,
如果他們認定了你是惡人
what would make them think they'd be wrong about what you do?
你覺得他們會怎么想你的所作所為
Well, why don't you tell me?
何必問我
You're the expert on warm and fuzzies.
你才是這方面的專家
You want to know how I know I wasn't the one to call you back?
知道為什么我如此確定自己那時沒給你回電嗎
Because I know why I wasn't the one to call you back.
因為我知道我絕不會打這通電話的原因
Let me guess you didn't like me.
我猜猜,你不喜歡我
No, I did.
不對
But in all the time I knew you,
但我認識你這么久
You never once showed me any vulnerability.
從沒見過一次你脆弱的一面
I told you how I felt about you.
我和你說了我對你的感情
But you never showed me.
但你從沒表現出來過
So I had no way of knowing it's the truth.
所以我無法得知這是不是真的
And you could be telling the truth now,
可能你現在就在說實話
but if you don't show the partners some emotion,
但如果你不流露真情
they're not gonna believe you either.
合伙人不會相信你的
What do you want me to do? Manufacture a few tears?
你想讓我怎樣,擠點眼淚出來嗎
Harvey, when you're a defendant,
哈維,身為被告方
You need the jury to protect you.
你要靠陪審團來保護你
There's no way they're ever gonna protect you
如果他們都不在乎你
if they don't care about you.
怎么可能保護你
The plaintiff would like to call ms. Donna Paulsen to the stand.
原告想請唐娜·鮑爾森小姐出庭作證
You got her to come in?
你竟然說服她了
Just stick to the script.
照著稿繼續就行
Harvey won't know what hit him.
給哈維一個意外之"禮"
Ms. Paulsen,
鮑爾森小姐
Did Harvey Specter order you to shred that document?
是哈維·斯佩克特命令你銷毀文件的嗎
I decline to answer pursuant to my fifth amendment rights.
根據美國憲法第五修正案我拒絕回答
Did you put your date stamp on that document?
是你簽收那份文件的嗎
I decline to answer.
我拒絕回答
I'm not gonna ask questions
既然你堅持第五修正案
that you're just gonna plead the fifth to, so...
那我就不再問這些蠢問題了,所以...
Had Harvey Specter asked you
如果五年前哈維·斯佩克特
to bury something five years ago, would you?
要求你銷毀某物,你會這么做嗎
He wouldn't ask me to do that.
他不會提出這種要求
That's not what I asked.
這是答非所問
If he did, would you do it?
如果他要求了,你會做嗎
Oh, see, you're pausing, which means you're hiding something.
你沉默了,看來你確實有所隱瞞
No, I'm not.
我沒有
See, I think you'd do anything for him, and I know why.
我有理由相信你會為他做任何事情
Is there a question?
你到底要問什么
Do you love Harvey Specter?
你愛哈維·斯佩克特嗎
What?
什么
Do you love him?
你愛他嗎
That has nothing to do with
這和此案毫無...
It has everything to do with.
這和此案關系千絲萬縷
Why did your last boyfriend break up with you?
你和上一任男友的關系是怎么結束的
Ms. Paulsen, why did he end it with you?
鮑爾森女士,他為什么和你分手
He thought that I prioritized my work over our relationship.
他認為我看重工作甚于我們的感情
Your work?
工作
He asked you to choose between him and Harvey,
他讓你在哈維和他之間選擇
didn't he?
對嗎
Yes. Who did you choose?
是,你選了誰
Harvey. because you love him?
哈維,因為你愛他是嗎
Louis, stop.
路易,夠了
It is not that simple.
事情很復雜
Do you love him, yes or no?
你愛他嗎,愛還是不愛
Answer the question. Louis.
回答問題,路易
You're with him all the time.
你一直伴他左右
Your work revolves around him.
你的工作以他為中心
Your life revolves around him.
你的生活也以他為中心
Objection. Badgering.
反對,騷擾證人
You don't have a boyfriend,
你沒有男友
but the one you did wouldn't share you with him.
但你的前任無法忍受和他分享你
Your honor! please, I just need a
法官大人,抱歉,我需要...
Do you love Harvey Specter?
你愛哈維·斯佩克特嗎
Do you love Harvey Specter?
你愛哈維·斯佩克特嗎
That's enough!
真是夠了
You crossed the line.
你玩過火了
Do not do this to me right now.
現在別和我說這個
You humiliated Donna.
你羞辱了唐娜
You kept pushing and pushing her for what, for fun?
不斷向她施壓,就為了好玩嗎
What, you think I enjoyed that? That made me sick.
你以為我樂在其中嗎,我也很難受
You could have stopped.
你可以住手的
You think Tanner would have stopped?
你認為坦納會手下留情嗎
Travis Tanner does not give a shit about Donna Paulsen.
特拉維斯·坦納才不管唐娜·鮑爾森死活
you are not Travis Tanner.
你不是特拉維斯·坦納
I don't
我不...
You did not have to do that. I did my job.
你不用做到這地步,我只是在完成工作
You really want to beat me that badly, huh?
你就那么渴望擊敗我嗎
You think this is about beating you?
你以為這是為了擊敗你
This whole thing is about saving you.
這所有的一切都是為了拯救你
Everyone is trying to help you because you screwed up.
每個人都在努力幫你解決你的爛攤子
This is all your fault.
這全是你的錯
And what just happened to that beautiful woman in there,
而剛才那位美麗女士所遭受的一切
that's on you!
是你造成的
Not me.
不是我
Are you kidding me?
沒搞錯吧
Go home. Shoo!
回家去,快閃
Go the hell home.
滾回家去
Look, I didn't know he was gonna do that.
聽著,我不知道他會那么做
And if you had known, would you have done one thing differently?
就算你知道又怎樣,會有什么不同嗎
I am so sorry.
我很抱歉
bullshit. Bullshit.
扯淡,扯淡
Bullshit. Bullshit.
扯淡,全是扯淡
Okay. Donna, I'm not... Harvey.
好了唐娜,我不是... 哈維
I know.
我知道
But you know what, sweetheart, maybe you are.
但你知道嗎,親愛的,也許你就是哈維
And I do not mean that as a compliment.
我可不是把這句用作褒義
Look, I did what I did for the same reason you did what you did,
聽著,我做的一切都和你一樣是為了
to help Harvey, that's all.
幫助哈維,僅此而已
Well, that worked out the same for you as it did for me,
看來我倆結局還真相似
Because, in case you hadn't noticed,
友情提示,以防你沒發現
in addition to screwing me, you completely shafted Harvey.
不僅是我,你還徹底玩了哈維一把
We had a script.
我們準備了稿子的
Wait, you trusted Louis?
等等,你相信了路易
You trusted Louis?
你居然相信他
Yeah, I thought he would stick to it. Yes.
是的,我以為他會按計劃來的
Well, he didn't.
而他沒有
And you should have known that, because that is just who he is.
你明明知道他是怎樣一個人
I am sorry. But I'm
很抱歉,但我...
People are who they are.
人們本性難移
Thank you. Okay.
謝謝,好的
I can fix this!
我有辦法了
What's all this?
這都是些什么
It wouldn't concern you.
你不用操心的東西
Why is that?
何出此言
Because you want to settle even if it means Harvey getting disbarred.
因為你寧愿接受和解,吊銷哈維的律師執照
If he loses in court, he'll get disbarred anyway.
如果輸了官司,他也會被吊銷執照的
My concern is for the firm.
我只是優先考慮律所的利益
It's not a personal attack against Harvey.
不是針對哈維的個人攻擊
This whole thing is a personal attack against Harvey.
整件事就是針對哈維的個人攻擊
And you're gonna do something about it?
你有什么計劃打算嗎
Tanner's cases, transcripts, appeals, decisions.
坦納的案子,文錄,上訴,裁決
I know he did something illegal, because that's who he is,
他這樣的人肯定做過什么違法的事
and I'm gonna find it, because that's who I am.
而我這樣的人肯定能把內幕挖出來
What are you planning on doing with it?
找到他的把柄之后呢
Leveraging that for a settlement?
用它來換取和解
I'm not against settling.
我不反對和解
I'm against Harvey getting disbarred.
我反對的是吊銷哈維的執照
You really admire him.
你還真是敬仰他啊
I do. Loyalty.
確實,忠誠
You can't buy that.
千金難買
No. You can't.
的確如此
What are you doing?
你在做什么
We worked together all night once.
我們一起通宵過一次了
Let's do it again.
再來一次唄
I hope this time turns out better than the last time.
但愿別像上次那樣不歡而散
Now we have them right where we want them.
我們總算端正了他們的態度
You know, either you're better than I thought you were,
除非你比我想象的要出色得多
or you have absolutely no idea what you're doing.
不然你根本就是在扯淡
Trust me, the partners are starting to believe harvey.
相信我,合伙人開始相信哈維了
Why?
為什么
Because he protected Donna.
因為他維護了唐娜
He was also protecting himself.
他也在維護他自己
Yes, but they didn't see that.
確實,但他們看不出來
They saw a man who cared about someone else,
他們看到的是一個關心他人的男人
his softer side.
他溫情的一面
and we need to give them more.
我們得讓他們看到更多
He won't want to.
他不會愿意的
And we both know Harvey won't do what he doesn't want to do.
我們都清楚哈維不會做他不想做的事情
Everybody knows that.
人盡皆知啊
So what do we do?
那要怎么辦
Permission to treat the witness as hostile.
申請以敵對證人身份出庭
Permission granted.
批準許可
He's hostile.
他確實不友善
The day we met, you were working in the mail room of this law firm.
我們初次見面那天,你正在律所收發室工作
I don't recall that day.
我不記得了
Well, let me refresh your memory.
我來幫你回憶
An associate had missed a filing,
有個助理丟了一份文件
So he backdated the postage.
他偽填了郵寄日期
You came to me,
你來找我
and you said if the firm did not declare misconduct,
說如果律所不通告批評
You would report us to the D.A.
你就去地方檢察院舉報我們
I don't like fraud. It's no secret.
眾人皆知我不喜歡弄虛作假
But what you did want to keep secret was the fact that you told me. Why?
但你卻不希望別人知道是你告訴我的,為什么
I didn't want to get in trouble.
我不想惹麻煩
No, you did it because if we'd won,
不,是因為如果我們得逞
an old woman would have lost her pension.
一位老婦人將失去她的養老金
and if anyone found out that he was the one that told me,
而如果別人知道了是你告訴我的
then they'd know that you cared.
你就暴露了自己的善心
Whatever you say.
隨你怎么說
You pretend like you don't care, but you do.
你裝出漠不關心的樣子,但卻不然
You care about the people you work with,
你關心你的同事
You care about the people you work for,
關心你的上司
And you care about every one of your clients.
也關心你的每一位客戶
But you refuse to let people know.
但卻拒絕讓別人知道
Is there a question?
你要問什么
I just want to know why.
我只想知道為什么
No answer?
不回答嗎
Are you embarrassed? Nope.
你覺得尷尬,不
Afraid? no.
害怕,不
Then why?
那是為什么
Just let it go. you are under oath.
別糾結這個,你必須回答
Then hold me in contempt.
我不屑宣揚這些
For god sakes, what the hell happened to you?
老天爺,你究竟經歷了什么
What kind of damage was done to you?
受過怎樣的傷害啊
Caring only makes you...
關心他人只會讓你...
Weak.
軟弱
They think you care,
別人只會覺得你多愁善感
they'll walk all over you.
利用你踐踏你的心
You weren't weak the day you walked into my office.
你走進我的辦公室那天可不軟弱
You were a man who believed that to win fairly
你相信贏得公正
was more important than to win.
比贏本身更重要
And you still are.
你現在仍是如此
And I've never seen anyone walk all over you.
我從沒見過任何能踐踏你的人
Is there a question here, your honor?
有要問的問題嗎,法官大人
No, there isn't.
沒有
That whole thing your idea? I didn't know that story.
這都是你的主意嗎,我還沒聽過那個故事呢
I asked you a question. Don't give me that coy bullshit.
我在問你問題,別和我扯淡
Excuse me?
什么
You said you wanted to see through me, you did.
你說你想看穿我,你做到了
The least you can do is give me an honest answer.
那你起碼跟我實話實說吧
Yes, it was my idea.
對,是我的主意
Harvey, your partners loved what they saw in there.
哈維,合伙人喜歡你的表現
You're gonna win.
你會贏的
Bravo.
精彩
A tour de force. I mean, that story?
那故事真是精彩絕倫
It was so great.
太棒了
But there isn't one shred of proof it's true.
但沒有證據能證明那是真的
Hostile witness, my ass.
敵對證人,誰信
I mean, before that story, we all believed you did it.
在此之前,我們都相信你有罪
And I ask you, ladies and gentlemen of the jury,
陪審團的女士們先生們,我有一個問題
if he did commit that fraud, how hard is it to believe
如果他真犯了欺詐罪,在法庭之上
that he didn't concoct some bullshit on the stand to get himself off the hook?
編造謊言以求脫身,又能有多難
That's my close.
這是我的結案陳詞
We have one more witness to call.
我們得再召一位證人出庭
Mr. Litt, do you resent Harvey Specter?
利特先生,你恨哈維·斯佩克特嗎
It's complicated.
這很復雜
No, it's simple.
不,非常簡單
Do you resent him for being better than you?
你是否怨恨他比你優秀
He's not better than me. I understand.
他并不比我優秀,我明白
It's so much easier to criticize someone else
比起承認自己的不足
than it is to acknowledge your own shortcomings.
批評別人要容易的多
Shortcomings?
不足
My billables are higher than his.
我的吸金能力比他強
My client list is better than his.
我的客戶來頭都比他的大
Yes, but I didn't ask you about those things.
的確,但我問的不是這些
What are you asking, Ms. Pearson?
那你在問什么,皮爾遜女士
Does the witness resent my client?
證人是否怨恨我的委托人
Yes. Your own ambition aside,
是的,先不說你的雄心大志
do you think Harvey Specter deserves to be senior partner?
你是否認為哈維·斯佩克特有能力擔當資深合伙人
Yes or no?
是或不是
Yes.
是
Do you think he's an excellent attorney?
你認為他是不是一位出色的律師
Yes. And, as much as you hate him,
是,你恨他至此
do you think he committed this fraud?
是否認為他犯此罪責
No.
不
Defense rests.
辯護結束
Refusing to admit defeat
即使已經失敗
even after defeat.
仍不愿接受結局
You really are like Harvey.
你真的很像哈維
I'm not so sure that's a good thing.
我可不確定這是件好事
Well, who would you rather be?
那你想像誰
Someone who believes it's more important to win fairly than to win.
一個相信贏得公正比贏更重要的人
Like I said, Harvey.
就像我說的,就是哈維
Yeah. Not in this case.
是,但并不是在這個案子里
You both cheated.
你們都作弊了
Excuse me?
你說什么
Louis's testimony pushed it over the top.
路易的證詞的確效果拔群
But that jury, they didn't see
但陪審團看到的
Louis Litt believing Harvey's innocence
并不是路易·利特相信哈維的清白
they saw Travis Tanner.
而是特拉維斯·坦納
And that is never gonna happen in court.
在真正的法庭上可不會這樣
You do realize that you are chastising the managing partner.
你明白你這是在責備執行合伙人嗎
With all due respect,
恕我直言
it's not gonna matter what you are
如果哈維被吊銷律師執照
if Harvey gets disbarred.
你是誰對我來說都無關緊要
We'll find a way to win.
我們會想辦法贏的
You should be finding a way to settle.
你應該想辦法和解
There isn't an acceptable offer.
可惜沒有能接受的條件
Yet.
暫時
Not just a pretty face.
我可不只是長得帥而已哦
I hope you brought a baseball bat.
希望你帶了棒球棍來
You want to go another round with me, you're gonna need it.
想和我再戰一回合,你得靠那玩意兒
It doesn't matter what I have, you're just gonna sucker punch me again anyway.
反正你都打算再揍我一拳
You baited me.
是你故意激怒我
You wanted to catch me on that tape, and you know it.
你就是想錄下我的把柄,你心知肚明
That's not what I'm talking about, and you know it.
我不在說那件事,你也心知肚明
You want to settle?
你想和解
Let me save you some time.
我給你省省功夫吧
We pass.
我們不同意
You can pass, you can sign it,
你可以不同意,也可以簽字
or you could stick it up your ass,
爆粗口也可以
but this is the best you're getting.
但這是你能得到的最好結果了
This gets me off the hook. Nice try.
這份協議可以讓我脫身,裝的不錯
You think I don't know this was your doing?
你也為我不知道這是你的鬼把戲嗎
Harvey, next time have the balls to do it yourself
哈維,下次夠膽自己來
instead of sending your errand boy.
別派你小弟了
Errand boy?
小弟
You got what you wanted, so stop playing dumb.
你已經達成所愿了,別裝傻了
Daniel Hardman doesn't work you. You work him.
不是丹尼爾·哈德曼管著你,你管著他吧
What the hell did you do? This is a good deal.
你究竟做了什么,這是個很好的協議
A good deal that costs every partner at this firm $100,000.
讓每位合伙人損失十萬元的好協議
Including me.
有我一份
We share the profits; we share the losses.
同甘苦共患難
There won't be a loss when I win this at trial.
我贏了這次審判,什么都不會損失
The only reason you weren't willing to settle
你不愿意和解就是怕哈維被吊銷執照
was harvey's disbarment. That's gone.
現在這個顧慮也消失了
And I want to know how you made it go away.
我想知道你是怎么辦到的
I found dirt on Tanner. What dirt?
我找到了坦納的骯臟勾當,什么勾當
You blackmailed him into a settlement.
你勒索他到達和解
I leveraged a deal that's good for the firm.
我只不過爭取到了對律所有利的協議
I said, "What dirt?"
我問你"什么勾當"
Not your concern.
和你無關
It's my concern.
和我有關
I don't want what you did biting me in the ass.
我不想你在我背后捅刀子
You were already bitten.
你已經被捅了
And the last time I crossed the line and you found out about it,
上一次我做了出格的事,你發現了
it bit me in the ass.
在我背后狠狠地捅了一刀
You cleared Harvey's name inside the firm.
你已經在律所里為哈維正名了
We both know that's what you wanted.
我們都知道這就是你的目的
Time to move on.
是時候做其他事了
Let the partners put this to a vote.
讓合伙人投票吧
Hardman got Tanner to settle.
哈德曼逼坦納提出和解了
Are you kidding?
真的嗎
It worked?
奏效了
So it was your idea to use dirt to get a deal.
這是你的主意嗎,用他的把柄達成協議
No, it was my idea to use Tanner against Tanner.
不,我是用坦納的手段對付他自己
Box.
陳規
Me.
我
You're welcome. I didn't thank you.
不用謝,我沒謝你
It's okay. You don't have to.
沒關系,一切盡在不言中
And I'm not going to,
我不準備謝你
'cause we're not taking the deal.
因為我們不會接受這個協議
Because you don't trust Daniel.
因為你不相信丹尼爾
This isn't just about me.
這不是我一個人的事
Every partner is Everybody is paying now.
所有合伙人,所有人都要為此買單
Do you have any idea why Donna showed up to testify?
你知道唐娜為什么會出庭作證嗎
Because I convinced her to. What?
因為我說服了她,什么
Yeah, I made her do what I needed instead of what she wanted.
我逼她做了我需要的事,違背她的意愿
I did what you do.
我做了你該做的
And look where that's gotten us, you, me,
但你看看我們都什么樣了,你,我
Jessica, Louis, everybody.
杰西卡,路易,每個人
Take the deal, Harvey.
接受協議吧,哈維
What did Hardman find in those files?
哈德曼究竟發現了什么
I don't know, and I don't care,
我不知道,我也不在乎
because he just got every single one of us off the hook.
因為他讓我們每個人都脫身了
He can't be trusted, and you should know that by now.
你該知道他不能被相信
No, what I know is that if you take this thing to trial,
不,我知道的是,如果你堅持上庭
it's gonna cost us all a hell of a lot more than money.
我們要付出的代價遠不止金錢這么簡單
And if you don't know that by now, after all this,
如果你到現在還不明白,自此以后
then I don't think I should be the one learning from you.
我覺得你不再值得我向你學習了
This is your decision.
做出決定的時候到了
So, by a show of hands, those in favor of settling?
同意和解的請舉手
Thank you.
謝謝
Now all those in favor of going to trial.
同意上庭的請舉手
Split vote.
平了
And it appears we have a holdout.
還有一位沒有投票
I vote we settle.
我支持和解
Let the record show we have settled.
根據投票結果,選擇和解
Thank you for your time.
感謝撥冗前來
In light of recent events,
鑒于最近發生的事情
there is one other issue I'd like to raise.
我不得不提出另一件事
This lawsuit has caused some of you to question
這次訴訟案件讓一些合伙人
Jessica's judgment and, by extension, her leadership.
質疑杰西卡的判斷,或是說她的領導能力
Allowing this kind of dissention to fester hurts the entire firm.
這種異議再散播下去會傷害整個律所
Therefore, I am calling a partners' meeting,
因此,我想召開合伙人會議
at which point we will vote:
會議上我們將投票決定
Either Jessica will retain her position as managing partner,
由杰西卡繼續做執行合伙人
or I will resume control of Pearson Hardman.
還是由我重新掌控皮爾遜·哈德曼律所