I have been sober for 2 years, 7 months, and 13 days now.
我已經2年7個月13天沒碰毒品了
I could... give you how many hours in seconds,
我可以把單位換算成秒
but then you might think I'm obsessive.
但這樣一來你們可能會覺得我有強迫癥
I guess I just want to say...
我想說的只有
thank you.
謝謝你們
Uh, without these meetings,
如果沒有這些交流會
without the support of people like you,
沒有你們這些人的支持
I just don't know where I'd be.
難以想象我現在會怎樣
Thanks, Eric.
謝謝,埃里克
You okay?
你還好嗎
All right, we're gonna wrap things up now.
好,現在我們來總結一下
Uh, tomorrow's meeting...
明天的交流會
Sherlock... Amygdala!
夏洛克, 杏仁核
Oh, 6 o'clock.
6點了
Excellent.
好極了
What do you mean you put yourself in a trance?
你說你讓自己進入恍惚狀態是什么意思
Hypnotize myself.
是自我催眠
Simple, really.
其實挺簡單的
The key is word repetition.
關鍵在于重復同一個詞
My word, as you may have guessed, is "Amygdala."
你可能已經猜到了,我的詞就是杏仁核
So you hypnotized yourself
所以說你在第一次互助會上
at your first group support meeting?
就開始自我催眠了是嗎
Couldn't listen to all those sob stories, now, could I?
實在聽不進去那些傷心的故事
That's the whole point.
這才是意義所在
And, you know, when you feel comfortable, you can share.
如果你愿意,也可以分享你的故事
You've lived with me a week now, Watson.
你都跟我住一個禮拜了,華生
You know I don't share.
你知道我從不與人分享
Well, then why can't you listen?
好吧,那為什么聽都聽不進去
Attic Theory.
閣樓理論
I've always believed the human brain is like... an attic.
我一直認為人的大腦就像,一間閣樓
A storage space for facts.
一個儲存事情的地方
But because that space is finite,
但是由于這里空間有限
it must be filled only with the things
所以它只能用來
one needs to be the best version of oneself.
存放對我們最有用的東西
It's important, therefore, not to have useless facts.
所以,就不能在里面存放無用的事情
The natterings that comprise a typical support group meeting,
比如,凈是瞎扯淡的互助會
for example, crowding out useful ones.
它們會把有用的東西擠出去
Just...
就好比
Can I borrow this?
能借用一下嗎
Hey, what are you doing? He's nuts.
你想干嘛, 神經病
Your brain.
這就好比你的大腦
Useful facts.
這是有用的事情
Useful, viscous, golden.
有用的,粘滯的,金色的
Natterings.
這就好比無用的閑扯
That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
這是我聽過最愚蠢的事情
That is not even how the brain works...
這根本不是大腦的運作方式
It's how my brain works.
我的大腦就是這樣的
Okay, more natterings:
好吧,再閑扯兩句
I am going to a dinner tonight with a friend,
我今晚要去見個朋友
but I will be back before 10:00,
但是我會在10點之前趕回來
so I'll be there at 8:00...
所以我8點要到那
Two whole hours by my lonesome?
給我兩個小時獨自行動
Aren't you worried I'll go on some sort of binge?
你就不怕我放縱自己嗎
Well, brief stretches apart are actually a natur...
偶爾的短暫分離實際上是
A natural progression in our companionship.
我們陪護關系的正常步驟
Yes, you mentioned.
你說過了
But just to be safe,
但是,保險起見
I will be giving you a drug test when I get home.
我回來之后會對你做一次藥檢
Captain Gregson...
格雷森警監
How may I be of assistance?
我能幫上什么忙嗎
Name's Casey McManus.
死者名叫凱西·麥克馬納斯
Walked through his front door tonight
今晚剛進家門
and took one right between the eyes.
眉心就正中一槍
Cousin's on the job.
我的弟兄在當班
Patrolman assigned to the 116 in Queens.
他被派到皇后區116號巡邏了
That's why I called you.
所以我打給了你
Gotta have my best guys on this.
我需要最優秀的人手來調查
You said on the phone he walked in on a burglar.
你電話里說他遇到了竊賊
He did. His watch and wallet are gone.
的確是,他的手表和錢包都不見了
The drawers were tossed, too.
抽屜也都被拉開了
The victim probably startled the perp
受害人也許是在進門的時候
when he came in from the hall.
嚇到了嫌疑人
Holmes, Ms. Watson,
福爾摩斯,華生女士
meet Detective Bell--
這位是貝爾警探
another one of my best guys.
我的得意部下之一
He's running point on the case.
他正在分析案情
You're the consultant, right?
你是顧問,對吧
I heard good things.
聽說你很厲害
Yeah, of course you did. Who's he?
那當然,他是誰
Neighbor from across the hall.
住在對面的鄰居
He's the one who saw the body and called 911.
就是他發現尸體并報警的
Captain.
警監
I'm gonna wait in the hall.
我在走廊里等著
Why must you continue to act
你為什么總是表現得
like you've never seen a dead body before?
像從來沒見過死人似的
You were a surgeon. You went to medical school.
你是外科醫生,上過醫學院
Surely, you worked on cadavers.
肯定處理過尸體
Right. Because that's exactly the same thing.
對,所以我覺得毫無新意
Detective Bell!
貝爾警探
You would classify this as a robbery-homicide, would you not?
你把這案子歸為搶劫殺人,對吧
Yeah.
沒錯
You would be wrong.
那你就錯了
This was a robbery & a homicide.
這案子是搶劫加殺人
Ampersand, not dash.
二者是獨立的
There were two separate crimes committed
這里有兩名罪犯
by two separate perpetrators.
犯下了兩宗案件
The trajectory of the bullet
殺死麥克馬納斯先生的子彈
that killed Mr. McManus traces back to this chair.
是在這把椅子上射出的
The killer was seated when she pulled the trigger.
那個女人開槍時是坐在這把椅子上的
She?
女人
I can smell "T-Blossom" brand deodorant on the leather.
我能從皮革上聞到波拉松牌體香劑的味道
It's lady's deodorant.
那是女士體香劑
A woman sat here quite recently.
有個女人不久前曾坐在這
None of your people, of course.
當然不會是你的手下
This is an active crime scene,
這里是犯罪現場
and knowing you, captain, they know better.
你清楚這一點,他們更清楚
That leaves the shooter.
這樣一來就只可能是兇手
Go on.
接著說
The second crime, the robbery, was committed by a man.
第二起犯罪,搶劫,是一個男人干的
A very strong man judging by
從他帶走的東西來看
the items he removed from the apartment.
他是一個很健壯的男人
How strong does a guy have to be to steal a wallet and a watch?
偷個錢包和手表需要多健壯
You're forgetting the armoire.
你忽略了衣柜
Dust patterns on the wall and the floor
墻上和地上的灰塵痕跡
tell us it stood here,
表明這里曾有個衣柜
as do these scratches on the floor.
地板上的劃痕也證明了這一點
You're nuts.
你在胡扯
Actually, he's not.
非也,非也
It was a very heavy piece of furniture, that.
這是一件非常重的家具
And this building has no elevator.
而且這棟樓沒有電梯
Are we to suppose that the thief got it down
你們覺得竊賊能趕在警察到來之前
six flights of stairs before the police arrived?
把它搬下六層樓嗎
Of course not.
當然不行
Yet the scratches on the floor tell us
地上的劃痕也表明
it was dragged into the tiled hallway.
衣柜被拖到了走廊里
Makes me think it never left this floor.
因此我覺得它還在這層樓里
What do you think?
你覺得呢
Yeah, thought so.
沒錯,我都料到了
Across the hall you said?
你剛才說他住在對面是吧
You, you can't go in there. You need a warrant.
你不能進去,你沒有搜查證
Bureaucracy. One of the many reasons I'm not a policeman.
官僚主義,這就是我不當警察的原因之一
Holmes, halt.
福爾摩斯,住手
Thief.
竊賊找到了
Now all you need is your killer.
現在你只需要找出兇手了
Casey was already dead when I found him.
我發現凱西的時候,他已經死了
I know I should've called the cops first,
我知道我應該先報警的
but things have been so bad for me lately.
但是最近我過得太不順了
You know, I just... freakin' economy, I...
你知道的,經濟這么糟糕,我
And that armoire was an antique.
那個衣柜是件古董
It's worth two grand at least.
至少值兩千
But I, I never laid a finger on him.
但我絕對沒有動過他一根汗毛
No, you didn't.
是的,你沒有
You put a bullet in his brain.
但你打爆了他的頭
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong!
錯,錯,錯,大錯特錯
What's wrong?
怎么錯了
I'm sorry, I don't think
對不起,我想
I could've been much clearer earlier.
我已經說得夠明白了
There were two crimes, two perpetrators.
有兩宗案件,兩個犯人
This guy had all of the victim's stuff.
受害人被盜的東西都在他那
But no gun. Not anywhere in his apartment.
但沒有槍,在他的公寓里沒找到槍
I suspect the GSR test your people performed
我認為射擊殘留物鑒定會證明
will show that he hasn't fired one of late.
他近期沒有開過槍
Also, he isn't wearing any deodorant,
再說,他也沒噴體香劑
let alone Lady's "T-Blossom."
更不用說女士用的波拉松牌了
Or hadn't you noticed?
難道你沒發現嗎
You're the only one who could smell anything on that chair.
椅子上的氣味只有你得聞出來
The chair, right...I'm glad you brought that up.
對了,那個椅子,多謝提醒
If, per Detective Bell's theory,
如果按照貝爾警探的理論
the burglar was startled by the victim's unexpected return,
竊賊看到受害者突然回來,嚇了一跳
why was he sitting down?
那他為什么要坐下來
It's a curious time to take a load off, no?
那是該放松的時間嗎,顯然不是
You know what, Sherlock?
夏洛克,你要知道
Hey, do you mind getting me a bag of chips?
去幫我買包薯條好嗎
I think there's a vending machine around the corner.
角落里有臺自動販售機
He wasn't asked to consult here
他當初沒被請來當顧問
because of his charming personality.
就是因為他獨特的人格魅力
Was he always like this?
他一直都這樣嗎
I mean, back when you knew him in Scotland Yard?
我的意思是,你在蘇格蘭場認識他的時候
He was a pain in the ass.
他就是個刺頭
But he was also very, very good.
但是,他也非常非常厲害
He said when he introduced you last week
上周他介紹你的時候
that you were his, "Personal valet"?
說你是他的"貼身仆人"
That's sort of like a butler, right?
像是管家之類的,對吧
You must've been really happy
知道他搬來紐約的時候
when he relocated here in New York.
你一定非常開心吧
Actually, he reached out to me
事實上,他在離開倫敦的
before he left London two weeks ago.
兩周前就聯系我了
He called you from London?
他在倫敦打給你
Yeah. Said he was calling from Heathrow. Why?
是的,他說他在希思羅機場,怎么了
Excuse me.
失陪一下
Neighbor just won't cop to the shooting.
那個鄰居不承認是他開的槍
Says he wants a lawyer.
他說他要找律師
Smart man.
聰明
He didn't kill anyone. He should get a lawyer.
他沒殺人,他應該有個律師
He's also saying that he passed a "Strange woman"
他還說,在發現受害者的尸體之前
on the stairwell right before he found the victim's body.
他在樓梯間碰到了一個奇怪的女人
Excellent! Did he get a good look at her?
太棒了,他有沒有看清楚
Yeah, he can describe her to a T.
是的,他可以對畫像師描述她的樣子
Probably because she's a product of his freakin' imagination.
或許那只是他胡思亂想的產物
Obviously, he heard Harry Potter here
顯然,他是在現場聽到
say something about a female shooter back at the scene,
哈利·波特(指福爾摩斯)說兇手是女性
and now he's trying to serve us one on a platter.
然后試圖轉移我們的視線
You need to sit him with a sketch artist.
你該讓他見見畫像師
Circulate an image of this woman ASAP. I'm sorry.
盡快畫出那個女人的肖像, 抱歉
I got to ask who's running this investigation?
我想問下,到底是誰在調查這個案子
You indicated this case was important to the morale of your men.
你曾表示這樁案子對你們的士氣很重要
I think this guy's gonna have us chasing
這個家伙想讓我們去追蹤一個
some fictional shooter.
根本不存在的兇手
You really want to run the risk of
你真的要冒著
pinning the murder on the wrong person?
抓錯兇手的危險嗎
Call down to headquarters and get me a sketch artist.
給總部打電話,派個畫像師過來
But, Captain... If he's wrong,
但是,警監, 如果他錯了
he's wrong, but I want to know he's wrong.
他就是錯了,但是得讓他服氣
That was impressive earlier,
你之前干得不錯嘛
noticing the photograph of the armoire at the victim's house.
在受害者的家里發現衣柜的照片
I didn't need it to prove my point,
雖然我并不需要它來證明我的觀點
of course, but it helped.
但是當然了,那也有點用
You're welcome.
不用謝
I've got to go meet my friend soon.
我馬上就要去見朋友了
You're going to be okay getting home by yourself?
你自己回家沒問題吧
This, uh, friend that you're meeting...
這個你即將要見的朋友
when was the last time you slept with him?
你最近一次和他上床是什么時候
It's quite obvious it's a he and an ex-lover.
顯然,他是個男人,還是你的前男友
You go out of your way to avoid gender
每次你談到他
every time you talk about him
都故意隱去性別
and you avert your gaze every time you say "Friend."
而每當你提到"朋友"時,眼神都在閃躲
As to how I know it's not a current lover,
至于我為什么知道他不是你現任男友
your walk speaks volumes.
是因為你的步態
My walk?
我的步態
Study in Belgium showed
比利時的一項研究表明
that a woman's recent orgasmic history
一個女人近期的性高潮史
can be discerned from her gait.
可以通過她的步態看出來
Yours would indicate it's been a while.
看起來你已經有段時間沒有過了
Is it sad being wrong as often
如果你說錯和說對的幾率一樣
as you are right?
會不會很糟糕
My advice, sleep with him.
我的建議是,和他上床
Do wonders for your mood.
對你的情緒有好處
Ty, hey, sorry I'm late. Oh, please.
泰,對不起我來晚了, 不要緊
I'm the one who should be apologizing.
該道歉的是我
I'm the one who had to reschedule twice.
我改了兩次時間
That's true.
那倒是
DA's keeping you busy?
地方檢察官讓你忙不過來吧
If I don't keep winning cases for him,
如果不一直幫他打贏官司
how will I ever take his job?
我將來怎么能接他的班呢
How about you?
你怎么樣
You...just started with a client last week, right?
上個禮拜接了個新客戶,對吧
How's it going?
怎么樣
Good, fine, great.
不錯,很好,挺棒的
So, what is she...a,
那她是一個
alcoholic, addict, both?
酗酒者,癮君子,還是兩者都是
You know I don't talk about my clients, right?
你知道的,我不談論我的客戶
Oh, sorry.
不好意思
I know we're not together anymore,
我知道我們已經分手了
but I still worry about you.
但我還是擔心你
I'm fine.
我很好
The thing is, I'm not the only one who's worried.
問題是,我不是唯一擔心你的人
Oh, my God, my parents...tell me
老天,我的父母嗎,不要告訴我
they didn't reach out to you.
他們聯系你了
They said you're not returning their calls.
他們說你不回電話
Yeah, well, I don't need a lecture
是的,我總不能每次和他們講話
every time I speak to them, so I...
都長篇大論吧,所以我
They're confused, Joan.
喬恩,他們很困惑
You used to be a surgeon.
你原來是名外科醫生
Now you babysit drug addicts.
現在卻成了癮君子的保姆
I know how much it hurt when you lost that patient,
我知道那個病人的死讓你很痛苦
but if you're doing all this as some kind of penance...
但如果你做這些是為了懺悔的話
I am doing this because I'm actually good at it.
我做這些是因為那是我的強項
I don't know why that's so hard to understand.
我不明白這為什么讓人如此費解
Hey, I made coffee.
我煮了咖啡
Thank you.
謝謝
It'll be right here when you're ready.
想喝就過來拿
Didn't take my advice, I see.
看來你沒聽我的建議
Didn't sleep with your ex.
沒有和你的前男友上床
What are you working on?
你在做什么
Casey McManus' preliminary autopsy report
剛拿到的,凱西·麥克馬納斯的
came in a little while ago.
初步驗尸報告
Just going through some of the particulars.
我在查看一些細節
I thought there was only one particular...
我想僅有一處是特別的
the, uh, gunshot wound to the head.
就是頭上的槍傷
Victim also suffered from endothelial corneal dystrophy.
受害者還患有角膜內皮營養不良
Oh, that's a gray clouding of the cornea.
角膜有灰色的云狀紋理
That's a genetic disorder.
這是遺傳疾病
But how is that relevant?
但這與案子有什么關系
How is it not?
怎么會沒有關系
Can we talk about Captain Gregson?
我們能談談格雷森警監嗎
He's married, I'm afraid, quite happily.
很遺憾,他結婚了,婚姻還挺幸福
You're funny.
你真幽默
I was talking to him the other night,
那天晚上我和他談過
and I wanted to know why you didn't tell him
我想知道為什么你沒告訴他
where you were the last six months.
過去的六個月你在哪
He said you called him from Heathrow ten days ago
他說你十天前在希思羅機場打給他
when I know for a fact
而據我所知,其實
that you were in rehab still in New York.
當時你還在紐約的康戒所里
You're a highly decorated New York City Police captain.
如果你是具有崇高榮譽感的紐約警監
Would you allow a recovering drug addict
你會讓一個剛戒毒的人
access to sensitive cases? I'm not saying that...
插手敏感的案件嗎, 我不是想說這個
I can help him, but only if he lets me.
我能幫助他,但前提是得到他的允許
Okay, you're not under... Telling him would be
好了,你沒明... 你把這些告訴他
a violation of our client-companion privilege.
違背了我們的客戶陪護協議
I could sue.
我可以起訴你
I am not going to tell him anything, obviously.
我肯定什么都不會跟他說
I just think it's sad that you can't be honest
我只是覺得你都不能對一個
with a man who, as far as I can tell,
在我看來和你最接近朋友的人說實話
is the closest thing you have to a friend.
這真是一種悲哀
That's all.
僅此而已
Sherlock Holmes.
夏洛克·福爾摩斯
Yeah, it's Bell.
我是貝爾
The captain gave me your number.
是警監把你的號碼給我的
Look, I can't believe I'm saying this,
我自己都不敢相信
but I found the woman from the sketch
我居然找到了昨晚
that was generated last night.
畫像中的那名女子
The one the neighbor saw leaving Casey McManus' apartment?
就是鄰居在麥克馬納斯的公寓看到的那個
Yeah, look, how fast can you get
沒錯,但是你得盡快來一趟
to St. Isidora Hospital on East 93rd?
東街93號的圣·伊西多拉醫院
I assume you already got one of these?
我想你已經拿到一張這個了
Yeah, dark hair, mid-30s, approximately 5'4".
是的,深色頭發, 30多歲,身高約5尺4
Captain Gregson e-mailed me.
格雷森警監發郵件給我了
Where is she? I'm getting to that.
她在哪, 我正要過去
First I'm gonna tell you how I got here.
先說說我是怎么找到這的
I was about to put the sketch out wide last night
昨晚我正要把畫像張貼出去時
when one of my old uni buddies said
我的一個老同事說
Sketch Girl looked familiar.
畫像里的女子有點熟悉
Well, he gave me a name,
然后,他把名字告訴了我
and the name got me to a photograph.
我通過名字找到了這張照片
Yvette Ellison-- dark hair,
伊薇特·埃里森,深色頭發
mid-30s.
30多歲
I slipped her picture into a photo array for the neighbor,
我將一堆照片拿給那個鄰居辨認
and he picked it out... right away.
他一下就把她的照片認了出來
He said, and I quote, "There was no doubt about it."
他的原話是, "絕對沒錯"
This was the girl he saw on the stairs last night.
那就是昨晚他在樓梯見到的女人
Are you going to make me guess where she is, Detective,
警探,你怎么還不帶我去見她
or are you going to show me?
難道你想讓我猜猜她在哪嗎
I'm gonna show you.
跟我來吧
Mr. Holmes, Ms. Watson,
福爾摩斯先生,華生小姐
meet Yvette Ellison.
這位就是伊薇特·埃里森
She tried to kill herself three days ago.
她在三天前企圖自殺
Chased a vial of sleeping pills with a bottle of vodka.
她就著伏特加吃了一瓶安眠藥
My buddy was on the scene when the paramedics took her away,
醫護人員將她帶走時,我朋友就在現場
which is why he recognized her.
所以他認得她
She's been in a coma ever since.
之后她就一直昏迷不醒
Three days ago?
三天前
Yeah, the neighbor lied.
沒錯,那個鄰居說了謊
Made up a description and then ID'd
他胡亂描述一通,卻指向了
one of the only people in the city we know
整個城市中唯一一個不可能
couldn't have killed Casey McManus last night,
殺害凱西·麥克馬納斯的人
so thanks for the, uh, consultation,
謝謝你的寶貴意見
but I think I'll take it from here.
接下來還是交給我吧
So Detective Bell was right.
看來貝爾警探是對的
Is it such a big...?
這就是個天大的...
Yvette!
伊薇特
What is wrong with you?
你發什么瘋啊
Closed eyes do not necessarily a coma make.
閉上眼睛不代表就是昏迷
You think she's faking?
你覺得她是假裝的
It's T-Blossom deodorant--
是波拉松的體香劑
the same as in the crime scene.
同案發現場的一樣
What are you doing?
你在干什么
Looking for a syringe.
找注射器
What for?
找它干嘛
I'm going to stab it
我要把它扎進
into the softest part of Ms. Ellison's thigh.
埃里森小姐大腿最柔軟的部位
Lots of nerve endings there--
那里神經末梢很多
no one can fake their way through that.
沒人忍得住那種疼
If you wanted to know if she was really in a coma,
如果你想知道她是不是真的昏迷
all you had to do was ask.
請教我不就行了
That's okay, but I can't stab her in the thigh?
是可以,但我還是想扎她的大腿
It's a test for pseudocoma.
這是假性昏迷測試
When the patient's hand is released
將病人的手放在臉的上方
directly above the face,
然后松開
it should strike the face on the way down.
她的手就會在下落時打到自己的臉
Easy to fake.
這個很好偽裝
Yeah, well,
是的,不過
respiration and pupillary response aren't,
呼吸和瞳孔的反應偽裝不了
and hers are consistent with a patient in a comatose state.
她的反應與處于昏迷狀態的病人相吻合
Her coma is real.
她是真的昏迷
She didn't kill that man last night.
她昨晚沒有殺人
Can I help you?
有什么事嗎
Your patient?
這是你的病人
She is.
是啊
Her coma is quite real.
她的昏迷一點不假
That was a dead end.
我們遇到瓶頸了
Actually it wasn't.
其實不然
Detective Bell found the right face,
貝爾警探只是找到了那張臉
but the wrong girl.
卻沒有找到那個人
There was a book on Yvette's nightstand.
伊薇特的床腳桌上有一本書
Obviously someone's been reading it to her.
很明顯是有人在給她讀
The inscription on the inside cover said,
書的扉頁寫著一句贈語
"To Yvette and Rebecca on your fifth birthday."
祝伊薇特和瑞貝卡五歲生日快樂
"Your fifth birthday," As in the birthday you both share.
就是說她們的生日是同一天
Yvette has a twin.
伊薇特有個雙胞胎姐妹
Yvette and Rebecca Ellison were the only children
伊薇特和瑞貝卡是查爾斯·埃里森的孩子
of Charles Ellison, who died several months ago.
不過他幾個月前去世了
Charles Ellison-- why does that name sound familiar?
查爾斯·埃里森,怎么這么熟悉呢
Shipping magnate, multimillionaire.
航運大亨,百萬富翁
Two parks and a school named after him.
有兩座公園和一所學校是以他命名的
According to this, Rebecca has run
據了解,瑞貝卡多年來
the family's charitable trust for years.
負責家族的公益信托工作
So you think Casey McManus' neighbor
所以你認為凱西·麥克馬納斯的鄰居
didn't see Yvette last night, but her sister?
昨晚看到的是伊薇特的姐妹
I daresay you're getting the hang
華生,我敢說你快領悟到
of deductive reasoning, Watson.
演繹法的真諦了
Excuse me,
打擾一下
could you point us in the direction of Rebecca Ellison?
我們想找瑞貝卡·埃里森
I'm Rebecca Ellison.
我就是
Uh, she has dark hair, brown eyes, freckles.
是深色頭發,褐色眼睛,長著雀斑那個
I'm sorry. I think you might be confusing me
抱歉,我想你把我和我姐妹
with my sister Yvette.
伊薇特搞混了
We're fraternal twins, not identical.
我們是異卵雙胞胎
She's, um, she's not well right now.
她現在不太好
She's in the hospital.
她在住院呢
Is there something I can help you with?
有什么需要幫忙的嗎
We're good. Thanks.
沒事了,謝謝
Having fun?
有意思嗎
Can't you tell?
你看不出來嗎
You're still thinking about the case.
還在想那件案子吧
Obviously Yvette Ellison didn't kill Casey McManus,
顯然伊薇特·埃里森沒有殺害麥克馬納斯
but given that his neighbor picked her
但既然那個鄰居能從一推照片里
out of a photo array,
認出她
it stands to reason that the real killer
就證明真正的兇手
bears a striking resemblance.
和她的外貌極其相似
The question is: who is she
問題是,她是誰
and what did she have against Casey?
她和凱西又有什么瓜葛
Well, is it possible that Detective Bell was right
可能貝爾警探是對的
and that the neighbor was lying about seeing the woman
那個鄰居說在樓梯看到一個女人
on the stairs?
他是在說謊
Hey, I found something in the hall closet the other day.
前幾天我在客廳的衣柜里找到一樣東西
Was it the zipper mask?
是那個拉鏈面罩嗎
'Cause I swear I'm just holding that for a friend.
我發誓我只是替朋友保管的
It's a trophy from an old case.
這是一件案子的紀念品
Forgot I still had it.
我都忘記了
Feel free to bin it.
隨意處理吧
Uh, I-I know it's yours
我知道這是你的
because it has "S. Holmes" Engraved under the strings.
因為琴弦下面刻著"夏·福爾摩斯"
So I used to play. What of it?
我以前是會拉,那又怎樣
Well, I just thought it might be a nice addition
我只是覺得這對你的后續康復治療
to your post-rehab regimen.
很有幫助
Playing an instrument can relieve a lot of stress.
彈奏樂器可以有效地緩解壓力
You think I'm stressed?
你認為我有壓力
I think... you have a lot on your plate
我覺得你現在手頭有很多工作要做
and you're not going easy on yourself
而且你幫警方做這些事
with all this work with the police.
無法使自己得到放松
I don't play anymore.
我已經不再拉了
Attic theory.
閣樓理論
Playing took up too much space in my brain, so I stopped.
拉小提琴太費腦子,所以我不玩了
That doesn't even make any sense.
根本是一派胡言
You can't unlearn something you already know.
你不可能忘記已經知道的事情
Five bucks says it's the ex-boyfriend.
我賭五塊錢,是你前男友打來的
Answer it. I'm not going anywhere.
接啊,我等著收錢呢
Bad time?
我打的不是時候嗎
Uh, not great.
有點
Is everything okay?
沒出什么事吧
Um, what's up?
找我有事嗎
I just left work and wanted to see how you were doing.
我剛下班,想問問你好不好
I'm fine.
我很好
But you said it wasn't a good time.
可你剛才不是這么說的
Well, I'm just kind of in the middle of,
我只是有點
you know, something... What...
有點,什么聲音
Oh, my God. What the hell?
天吶,你在搞什么
Joan?
喬安
What is it? Is everything okay?
怎么了,出什么事了
Uh, Ty, I'm gonna have to call you back.
泰,我回頭再打給你
You were right about the stress relief.
關于減壓,你說得真對
I felt like Jimi Hendrix
有那么一刻
for a second there.
我覺得自己就像吉米·亨德里克斯
You didn't have to do that.
你也不至于燒了它吧
Ty, funny name that.
泰,這名字真可笑
Noun? Verb? Nationality?
名詞,動詞,還是國家名
Stop changing subjects.
別轉移話題
Stop mucking with my things.
不要亂動我的東西
I wouldn't have to muck with your things
假如你能對我敞開心扉
if you would open up to me.
我才不會動你的東西
We're supposed to learn about each other.
我們應該互相了解
That's how companionship works.
否則這段關系走不下去
Good evening, Captain.
晚上好,警監
How may I help?
有什么我能幫上忙的
Uh, you can meet me in Queens.
你來皇后區找我
There's been another shooting death.
又發生了一起槍殺案
Looks like the same gun that killed Casey McManus.
和殺死凱西·麥克馬納斯用的是同一把槍
Well, given Casey McManus' neighbor
既然凱西·麥克馬納斯的鄰居
has been in custody since last night,
昨晚已被拘留
I'd say that officially clears him of the murder,
我認為他可以正式洗清嫌疑了
wouldn't you? Well, I'm big enough
你覺得呢, 我啊,我都這么大了
to admit when I'm wrong. Doesn't mean he didn't lie
認個錯算什么,但這并不意味著
about the neighbor he claimed to see.
他沒說謊
Shooter was seated again.
兇手這次還是坐著開槍
Any thoughts to why?
有什么想法沒
I smell the same deodorant I smelled at the first scene.
能聞到和上次一樣的體香劑味
So we know what our killer smells like.
我們都知道兇手聞起來什么味了
Too bad we can't put out an APB on an armpit.
只可惜不能對腋窩下全境通緝
Sherlock?
夏洛克
You said the first victim suffered
你是不是說過第一個受害人
from corneal dystrophy, didn't you?
患有角膜營養不良
What of it?
是又怎么樣
This medicine is used to treat it.
這瓶是對癥藥
News trucks are here. Perfect.
新聞采集車來了, 很好
You want to tell them we got two victims
是你去告訴他們,兩個受害者
with no discernible link or should I?
沒有明顯聯系,還是我來
Actually, Captain, the link is quite discernible.
警監,事實上,聯系很明顯
Both victims suffered from the same rare genetic disorder:
兩位受害者患有同一種罕見的遺傳病
clouding of the corneas.
先天性角膜混濁
If you ignore skin color for the moment,
暫時不考慮死者膚色如何
you note the, uh,
請注意
the widow's peak, the bone structure of the face.
她的V型發際和臉的骨架結構
You tell me they don't look the least bit familiar.
你們難道不覺得他們長得有點像嗎
Casey McManus and this woman were more than just linked.
兩個受害人絕不是有聯系這么簡單
They were brother and sister.
他們是血親
You were right about the two victims being related.
如你所說,兩人是有血緣關系
DNA test showed that they were half-siblings.
DNA顯示他們是半同源的
Uh, for what it's worth,
不知這個有沒有用
the genetic traits here suggest that
這里的遺傳特征顯示
the parent they had in common was the father.
他們是同父異母
Yeah, our ME said the same thing,
對,法醫也這么說
but according to interviews
但根據筆錄
with the friends and family members,
兩人的朋友和家人證明
neither knew the other one existed.
這兩人并不知道對方的存在
Casey McManus' Mom had him out of wedlock.
凱西·麥克馬納斯是私生子
She never told him who his real Dad was.
他的母親從未提過他的生父
Ditto for Anna Webster.
安娜·韋伯斯特也是如此
Far as they knew,
他們還以為
they were only children.
自己是獨生子女
Both shared a mystery dad.
兩人都不知道生父是誰
Both were murdered within a day of each other.
還在同一天被殺
Obviously not a coincidence.
顯然不是巧合
Do you think maybe
你是不是覺得
he was the one who killed them? No.
他們的父親可能就是兇手, 不
I still think the killer's a woman.
我仍然認為兇手是個女人
But identifying Dad
但找出父親
might get us closer to identifying her.
也許能幫我們盡快找到兇手
Surely the victims' mothers can help on that front.
兩位母親肯定能幫得上忙
Yeah, you'd think.
想法不錯
Casey's Mom died in a car accident in '97.
但凱西的母親1997年就死于車禍了
Anna Webster's died of cancer, 2008.
而安娜的母親, 2008年得癌癥死了
Neither are talking to anybody.
兩人現在都沒法開口
Just found this.
剛剛查到這個
Anna Webster filed a complaint a few weeks ago
安娜·韋伯斯特幾周前投訴
about a guy she thought was following her.
說有人跟蹤她
Saw him parked outside her home one morning
有天早上她看見那人把車
and snapped a few pictures from her window.
停在她家門外,透過窗口偷拍她
Now, I'm thinking
我在想
maybe that's the father we're trying to find.
也許他就是我們要找的父親
The age is right.
年齡也對得上
But there's approximately...
但這人看起來
zero family resemblance.
一點都不像他們
Not Dad, not by a long shot.
不是他們的父親,我肯定
I'm pretty sure Holmes is right on this one.
我也能肯定福爾摩斯這次是對的
How?
為什么
Because believe it or not, I know this guy.
因為我正好認識這個人
Tommy Gregson, as I live and breathe!
想不到是你啊,湯米·格雷森
Ha-ha! How long has it been?
我們有多久沒見了
Four or five years? Hey, Mike, how you been?
有四五年了吧,邁克,過得怎么樣
Eh, take a look at around. You tell me.
你自己看看就知道了
Mike and I came up together in the department.
我和邁克以前在一個部門供職
Then he got all high and mighty.
后來他飛黃騰達了
He started working for the private sector.
跑來私營部門工作
Became top investigator for White Shoe & White Shoe here.
成了這里的頂級調查員
Mike, this is Detective Bell,
邁克,這位是貝爾探員
Ms. Watson, and Mr. Holmes.
華生女士和福爾摩斯先生
Yeah, any of you thirsty?
有人口渴嗎
My girl makes a killer Espresso.
我的秘書泡的意式咖啡超棒
No, actually, we're sort of on a clock.
免了,我們這次是為公事而來
We were hoping that you were able to tell us why you
我們找你是想問你為什么
were trailing this girl two weeks ago.
兩周前要跟蹤這個女孩
I haven't seen her before in my life.
我從來沒見過她
Mike.
邁克
Um, can't talk about it.
這事沒商量
It has to do with a case for one of my firm's clients.
這和公司顧客的案子有關
It's protected by privilege. Mike,
我有特權不說, 邁克
this girl got killed last night. I know.
這女孩昨晚被殺害了, 我知道
I saw it on the news and I think it stinks,
新聞上播過了,是很慘
and she seemed like a good kid,
她看起來也是個好孩子
but you know how it is: rules are rules. Mike...
但你知道,規矩就是規矩, 邁克
Excuse me.
打擾一下
Sorry, could you just-- excuse me a second--
抱歉,你能不能,給我點時間
would you mind just telling me a little bit more
你介不介意跟我講講
about this beautiful plant.
這株美麗的植物
You work a lot of late nights, Mr. McGee.
你經常熬夜工作吧,麥基先生
I can tell by your eyes,
從你的眼睛就可以看出來
but you know what else I can tell
你知道我還能看出什么嗎
is that you've turned to methamphetamines
就是你借助了甲基苯丙胺(即冰毒)
to stay awake and alert.
來保持清醒
You blink excessively. Your eyes dart.
你頻頻眨眼,眼神飄忽
You also lost a great deal of weight
過去的幾個月里
over the last few months,
還掉了很多體重
even though your diet's as revolting as ever.
盡管你一直吃這些垃圾食品
And the fact that your carotid has started
還有,現在你的頸動脈
jumping up and down like a basketball
跳動得像個籃球
makes me think that your stash is nearby.
讓我覺得也許你就把藥藏在附近
It's in your desk, perhaps?
或許,就在你的辦公桌里
Tell us what we need to know right now,
你現在最好老實交代
and I won't start throwing your drawers open
否則我就打開你的抽屜
in front of Captain Gregson and Detective Bell.
讓格雷森警監和貝爾警探一探究竟
Also, um...
還有
when you're ready to get your life back on track...
等你想讓生活回到正軌時
Hemdale Rehabilitation Facility
我強烈建議你去
gets my very strongest recommendation.
漢德爾康戒中心
Uh, they even have a pool.
那里還有游泳池呢
Yeah.
好吧
Uh, Tommy, uh... since you and I go back a ways,
湯米,鑒于你我的交情
I'm gonna take this file and put it on my desk.
我把材料拿出來,放在桌子上
I'm gonna go hit the head.
我要去趟洗手間
You know, whatever happens in here
接下來不管這發生什么
while I'm gone, you know... happens.
我都毫不知情
Appreciate it, Mike. Yeah. Sure, Tommy.
謝謝你,邁克, 別客氣,湯米
Sure.
謝謝你
Casey McManus and Anna Webster,
凱西·麥克馬納斯和安娜·韋伯斯特
you hired your lawyers to investigate them
你幾個月前雇律師
several months ago-- why?
調查這兩個人,為什么呢
Because you discovered
因為你發現凱西和安娜
that Casey and Anna were your half-siblings.
和你有血緣關系
Your father Charles, as successful a businessman
你的父親查爾斯是一位成功的商人
as he was potent a philanderer,
也是個名副其實的花花公子
sired them out of wedlock decades ago.
多年前因婚外情生下了他們
Paid off their mothers to keep them quiet.
給了他們的母親封口費
He told you and Yvette of their existence on his deathbed.
但他在臨死前,告訴了你和伊薇特
Now they're both dead.
現在,你們卻都死了
Coincidence?
是巧合嗎
I suspect not.
我不這么認為
What are you talking about?
你在說什么啊
What do you mean, they're both dead?
什么叫他們都死了
What he means, Ms. Ellison, is that you don't
埃里森小姐,他的意思是
have to worry about them coming after your money anymore.
你再也不用擔心,他們會和你搶遺產了
We know that Charles left his fortune to you and Yvette,
查爾斯給你和伊薇特留下一大筆財產
but he failed to include language in his will
但是遺囑里并沒有說
that would exclude his bastard children
他的私生子不能
from laying claim to their share of it.
獲得一部分遺產
That made them pretermitted heirs
這樣,從法律角度來看
in the eyes of the law, which meant that
他們是合法繼承人,也就是說
if they ever discovered their father's true identity,
有一天他們若發現親生父親的身份
they'd have been able to sue
就可以通過上訴
for a piece of his considerable estate,
來得到自己應得的遺產
potentially reducing you and your sister's inheritance
也就大大降低了你們姐妹的份額
by as much as two-thirds.
至少有三分之二
That's why you hired your lawyers to investigate them,
這也就是你雇律師調查他們的原因
and that's why i believe you killed them.
也因此,我認為是你殺害了他們
I didn't kill anyone.
我沒有殺人
Can you account for your whereabouts the last two nights
在過去兩晚的8點到10點之間
between the hours of 8:00 p.m. 10:00 p.m.?
你能給出不在場證明嗎
I-I was... at home.
我在家
I was alone.
自己一個人
That means no.
就是說沒有了
Maybe it's time we took this back to the precinct.
那么我們還是回警局說吧
No.
不
No.
不
Look, you're right about my dad.
關于我爸,你們是對的
He did tell me and my sister
他確實在臨死前告訴了我們
about Casey and Anna right before he died.
凱西和安娜的存在
And yes, we knew they could lay claim
而且我們也知道他們能夠
to at least part of the estate.
合法獲得一部分財產
It was very difficult for us.
這件事讓我們很為難
We were very angry with him.
我們對于父親的做法很生氣
We couldn't believe he would keep something like that from us.
不敢相信他把這個秘密藏得這么深
But he was very sick, and we...
但他病得很重,我們也...
After he died, we went back and forth about what we should do.
他去世后,我們一直在考慮該怎么辦
Neither of us wanted to have to keep his secret,
我們都不想守著這個秘密
but to give tens of millions
但是要把上千萬資產
of dollars to two virtual strangers seemed insane.
拱手讓給兩個陌生人,也讓人難以接受
That's why we reached out to his attorneys.
于是我們找到律師
We wanted them to look into Casey and Anna
我們希望他能調查凱西和安娜
so we could have all the facts at our disposal.
并了解情況,以備不時之需
Where they lived, perhaps; how one might get into their homes.
例如他們住在那里,怎樣闖進去
No. Nothing like that.
不,不是這樣的
We just wanted to know what kind of people they were.
我們只是想知道他們是什么樣的人
But then, before we could make any sort of decision...
但是,在我們還沒做出決定時
Yvette went into a tailspin.
伊薇特突然精神崩潰了
She... started seeing a married man,
她和已婚男人有染
started drinking.
酗酒
And then she tried to kill herself.
之后還企圖自殺
The "Suicide attempt," Right,
企圖自殺是沒錯
'cause I'm starting to wonder if that's what that really was.
但我不禁懷疑,事實是否真的如此
I have to assume that with Yvette out of the way,
如果伊薇特也不能繼承財產
you stood to inherit the Ellison fortune in its entirety.
你就能得到全部遺產了
It wouldn't surprise me to learn that
如果是你強迫她服藥的
you found some way to compel her to take those pills.
我也一點都不感到驚訝
I would never hurt my sister.
我永遠都不會傷害我的姐妹
Ms. Ellison,
埃里森小姐
if you'll come with us...
麻煩你和我們走一趟
Just one thing.
還有一件事
Why disguise yourself as Yvette to commit the murders?
為什么要打扮成伊薇特去殺人呢
The witness saw you at the first scene,
有目擊者在案發現場見到了你
but he described your sister to a T.
但他描述出的人卻是你妹妹
I-I know that you're a fraternal twin,
我知道你們是異卵雙生
but with a wig, bit of a makeup,
但是戴個假發,畫畫妝
you bear more than a passing resemblance.
你就會很像她了
The question is, why would you want to?
問題是,你為什么要這么做
What was the point of trying to frame a woman in a coma?
為什么要偽裝成一個正在昏迷的人呢
You even put on her deodorant.
你還用了她的體香劑
Master stroke, when you think about it.
仔細想想,這簡直太妙了
You're insane.
你真是瘋了
She really got you, huh?
那一巴掌很疼吧
Lefty. Caught me by surprise.
左撇子,我沒防備
This one, leathery from slaps.
這邊被打得很粗糙
This one, baby's bottom.
而這邊光滑如嬰兒的肌膚
Ty, what the hell are you doing here?
泰,你怎么在這里
What do you mean, what the hell am I doing here?
你這么問是什么意思
Dinner, remember? You said 6:00.
你約我6點吃晚飯,忘了嗎
I didn't say anything. How did you even find this place?
我沒約你啊,你怎么找到這里的
Your e-mail-- you said your friend's having
你發電子郵件給我,說你的朋友
a dinner party, I should come.
要開派對,讓我也來
Ty! Such a pleasure.
泰,很高興認識你
Joan's told me so little about you.
喬恩幾乎沒怎么提過你
You hacked my e-mail?
你黑了我的郵箱
"Hack" Is such an ugly word.
"黑"這個詞可真難聽
Joan, what's going on?
喬恩,到底是怎么回事
What does it look like, Ty?
看不出來嗎,泰
It's a soiree.
是派對啊
Not sure about this, though.
這是什么啊
Bit of a party foul.
不太拿得出手吧
Unless...
除非
You know what? This was a mistake.
不好意思,這是個誤會
I don't understand. Who is that guy?
我不明白,這人是誰啊
He's my...
他是我...
He's my friend, and he's a prankster,
我朋友,很愛開玩笑
and he brought you here to mess with me.
他叫你來這里是故意整我的
So... He's your boyfriend.
他是你男朋友吧
No.
不是
Wow. Uh, not even close.
絕對不是
You know what? I am so sorry.
真的很不好意思
I'm gonna call you tomorrow, okay?
我明天給你打電話,好嗎
I backed out of drinks with the DA for this.
我可是放了地檢官的鴿子
Tell your friend he's lucky I didn't slug him.
告訴你朋友,我沒揍他算他走運
If you ever do, swing from the left.
要打的話,也記得打左臉
Where's he going? Was it something I said?
他要去哪兒,我說錯話了嗎
Invading my privacy, not okay.
你侵犯我的隱私,太過分了
Said the walking, talking professional invasion of privacy.
侵犯隱私,還是你更專業
I am here to work with you.
我來這里是和你共事的
I thought you understood that by now.
我認為你現在應該明白了
I'm sorry, wasn't it you that said we were
不好意思,不是你說過
supposed to be learning more about each other?
我們應該多了解彼此的嗎
That's how companionship works, is it not?
陪護關系不就該這樣嗎
Is this because of the violin yesterday?
這都是因為昨天小提琴的事嗎
Because I think you made your point
昨天你都用放火
when you set it on fire!
來表明立場了,還不夠嗎
Well, I haven't made my point
要是你沒聽進去
unless you've absorbed it.
我做什么都白搭
Friendship is not a requirement of cohabitation.
同住一個屋檐下不一定要做朋友
I'll keep my secrets; you keep yours.
我們各自守著小秘密過日子
Provided I'm still sober in five weeks,
只要接下來的五周我不碰毒品
we'll go our separate ways, hmm?
我們就可以分道揚鑣了
Holmes.
福爾摩斯
It's Captain Gregson. Just thought you should know
我是格雷森警監,就是告訴你一聲
we're letting Rebecca Ellison go.
我們要釋放瑞貝卡·埃里森了
What?
什么
Searches of her home and business
我們搜查了她的房子和辦公室
didn't turn up anything
沒有任何發現
and security cameras at her apartment
而且她公寓的監控錄像顯示
confirm she was there at the time of each murder
每次案發時她都待在家
just like she said she was.
正如她說的那樣
She enters before 7:00 both nights
兩個晚上她都是7點前到家
and doesn't leave until the next morning.
直到第二天早上才出門的
She didn't kill Casey McManus or Anna Webster.
凱西和安娜都不是她殺的
You guys know being up here is, uh, it's a big step,
能站到這里,就是很大的進步
and part of me is afraid of even talking about my addiction...
我有時甚至沒有勇氣談起我的毒癮
I can't believe that with everything we have to do,
不敢相信我們有那么多要緊事要做
you have dragged me to another addict festival.
你還拖我來參加吸毒者的聚會
We have nowhere else to be for the next 45 minutes
接下來45分鐘我們就待在這里
but here at this meeting.
哪都不去
She tricked them.
她騙過了監控
I don't know how yet, but she tricked them.
我不知道怎么做到的,但一定是做了手腳
Rebecca Ellison.
瑞貝卡·埃里森
I still think she's the one
我仍覺得她就是
that murdered Casey McManus and Anna Webster.
殺死凱西和安娜的兇手
What? Would you rather I put myself in another trance?
怎么,你情愿我自我催眠是嗎
I already thought of that.
我早料到了
Got it off the board over there.
從那邊墻上拿下來的
You even think about zoning out,
你要敢試圖放空神游
it goes into the softest part of your thigh.
這大頭針就直插你大腿根
Lots of nerve endings there.
那的神經末梢可多了
You wouldn't dare.
你才不敢
Who'd like to go next?
下一個誰想上來
My name is Elaine, and I'm an addict.
我叫伊萊恩,我是個癮君子
Hi, Elaine.
你好,伊萊恩
I am exactly 360 days sober.
我已經戒毒整整360天了
Five more, and I hit my one-year mark.
再過五天,就到一年了
I know I-I should be proud.
我知道我應該自豪
I know I should be excited, but I can't be.
應該覺得激動,可我做不到
Because I'm not the only one
因為我不是唯一一個
whose life was ruined by my addiction.
被毒癮毀掉人生的人
I'm playing the violin again.
我在拉小提琴呢
The world's smallest.
全世界最小的一把
Well, I thought you'd be happy.
怎么,我以為你會高興
Which is why I decided to latch on to a doctor instead.
所以我決定傍一個醫生
I met this great guy,
我遇到了一個很好的男人
Steven, a GP,
斯蒂文,一個全科醫生
and I acted like I was all into him, you know?
我裝作無法自拔地愛上了他
He was married.
他已經結婚了
He had three beautiful daughters.
有三個漂亮的女兒
But I didn't care about that.
可我當時全然不顧
All I cared about was me and what I needed.
在乎的只有自己和對毒品的渴求
When we were together, it was like I didn't even see him.
我們在一起時,就好像我看到的不是他
All I saw were the drugs.
而是毒品
And eventually, his wife found out and called the police,
最后,他老婆發現并報了警
and... even though I was the one who started it all,
雖然這一切都是我一手造成的
he was the one who went to jail.
可他卻因我鋃鐺入獄
You see, he had taken an oath.
他宣過誓
He promised to do no harm.
保證不傷害任何人
But what about the harm I did to him?
那我對他造成的傷害怎么算
We have to leave. What?
我們得走了, 什么
You know you're required by your father to attend these meetings.
是你父親要求你來參加聚會的
I just had a breakthrough regarding the investigation,
我剛剛有了一個重大的突破
and you want me to sit in a room and tell stories like a child.
你要我繼續坐在那,乖乖地講故事嗎
You don't think I know you'd say anything
你以為我不知道,你為了逃出來
to get out of these meetings?
什么都說得出來
If you think these meetings matter,
你要真覺得這種聚會重要
then fine, tomorrow I'll go to two, or ten,
行,我明天去兩個,或者十個
but right now I have a killer to stop.
但現在我要去阻止兇手
Tell me what your breakthrough is. What?
跟我說說你的重大突破, 什么
You said you had some sort of breakthrough-- what is it?
你剛說你有了重大的突破,是什么
Now, look, there isn't time for this!
聽著,現在沒時間解釋
We need to find out where Rebecca Ellison is right now.
我們要馬上找到瑞貝卡·埃里森
You said earlier we don't need to be friends,
你之前說我們不必做朋友
and you're right.
我同意
But we do need to trust each other.
但我們需要彼此信任
Tell me what's going on, and I will try and help you.
告訴我怎么回事,我會試著幫助你
Don't, and I will be the opposite of help.
不然的話,我就給你幫倒忙
"For I consider brains
"就我而言,智慧
"Far superior to money in every way.
要超越金錢無數倍
You may have noticed that if one..."
你也許察覺不到一個人..."
Murderer!
殺人兇手
You may have fooled the police.
你或許騙得了警察
You didn't fool me.
但你騙不了我
I know that you're the one
我知道就是你
who killed Casey McManus and Anna Webster.
殺了凱西·麥克馬納斯和安娜·韋伯斯特
Get out. Right now. Nurse!
出去,馬上,護士
The surveillance cameras in your building.
你樓里的監控錄像
The ones that support your so-called "alibi."
那些你所謂的不在場證明
You tampered with them somehow.
你肯定做了手腳
What's going on in here?
怎么回事
I'm on to you, Ms. Ellison.
我盯上你了,埃里森女士
Matter of fact, I'm way ahead of you.
更準確地說,我還想在了你前頭
I know all about the third pretermitted heir.
第三個繼承人的事我都知道了
What? Daddy's third bastard.
什么, 你爸的第三個私生子
I figured out who she is.
我知道她是誰了
Mary Margaret Phelps.
瑪麗·瑪格利特·菲爾普斯
80-33 West Tremont, Morris Heights.
住在莫里斯高地西特萊蒙街80-33號
Don't pretend like you don't already know.
別裝作這事你不知道
You're not that good an actress.
你的演技可不怎么樣
Holmes, back away.
福爾摩斯,退后
When I couldn't talk you out of coming,
我當時沒能阻止你過來
I texted him.
就給他發了短信
Yes, that's right.
真好啊你
The opposite of help. Thank you.
這就是你說的倒忙,真感謝
You know what? It doesn't matter
但沒關系
because as of tonight,
因為今天晚上
Mary Margaret has her own personal bodyguard.
瑪麗·瑪格利特有個私人保鏢了
Me. I'll be watching her 24/7,
就是我,我會時時刻刻守著她
and I won't let you anywhere near her.
絕不讓你靠近她一步
That's enough. Get off!
你夠了, 滾開
Okay. That's it. Come on.
好啊,你完了,過來
You just assaulted a police officer,
你剛剛襲擊了一名警察
which means you
也就是說
get to spend the night in jail. Let's go.
你今晚要蹲在牢里了,走
You haven't seen the last of me, Ms. Ellison.
我不會就此罷休的,埃里森女士
Not by a long shot.
想都別想
I will not let you hurt the third heir! Excuse me.
我不會讓你傷害第三個繼承人, 閃開
Do you understand me? I will not let you hurt her!
你聽明白了嗎,我不會讓你傷害她的
Let's go.
快走
Put the gun down, Ms. Ellison.
把槍放下,埃里森女士
Or do you prefer Yvette?
或者該叫你伊薇特
I don't understand.
我不明白
She was in a coma.
她正處于昏迷
Now she's fine?
怎么突然沒事了
It wasn't a regular coma.
那不是一般的昏迷
It was medically induced by her doctor.
是由她的醫生施藥導致的
He put her in and brought her out as needed.
他讓她昏迷,并在需要的時候讓她清醒
To kill Casey and Anna.
為了殺凱西和安娜
I don't understand. Why would he...
我不懂,他為什么要...
Because he was the married man
因為他就是跟你姐妹有染的
with whom she was having an affair.
那個已婚男人
Obviously, she never introduced you.
顯然她沒介紹你們認識
Because he was also part of her plan
因為他在幫助她
to protect her money from her father's illegitimate children.
保護自己那份遺產不被父親的私生子拿走
When I met him the other day,
我那天見到他時
I noticed a pale stripe of skin on his finger.
留意到他手指上有一條淺色的痕跡
Clearly, he'd recently stopped wearing his wedding band.
很明顯,他最近摘掉了婚戒
Didn't think anything of it in the moment,
我當時沒多想
but then at a, um,
但是后來,在...
a gathering I attended this evening,
我今晚參加的一次聚會上
I heard the story of a woman who seduced her doctor
我聽到個故事,一個女人慫恿她的醫生
to take advantage of his medical expertise.
利用他的職務之便來拿藥
And it got me thinking about you and your sister's predicament.
這讓我想到你們姐妹的現狀
Two heiresses learn of the existence
兩個人在即將繼承
of two half-siblings days before
巨額遺產的前一天
they're set to receive their rather massive inheritance.
知道還有兩個同父異母的兄妹
One has a big heart,
其中一個心胸寬闊
the other... Hmm.
另一個就...
Big heart wants to share.
心胸寬闊的那個想要分享
Get to know these people.
于是開始接觸他們
Welcome them as family,
像家人一樣歡迎他們
and share with them her many blessings.
還要和他們分享財產
Little heart would rather see them dead.
心胸狹窄的更愿意看到他們死
Problem is she knows
問題是她知道
that only she and one other person, her sister,
只有她們姐妹兩人
have motive to kill them.
有殺害他們的動機
She also knows that this motive,
她也知道因為這個動機
in time, could easily be traced back to her.
遲早會追溯到她身上
So what does she do?
那么她做了什么
She finds herself an alibi that is beyond reproach.
她給自己找了個完美的不在場證明
She enlists the help of someone with the knowledge and the expertise
從有專業知識和技術的人那獲得幫助
to not only help her stage a suicide attempt,
不止上演自殺戲碼
but ease her into a coma.
還讓她陷入昏迷
Yvette's doctor was arrested a little while ago.
伊薇特的醫生剛剛被逮捕了
He confessed to giving her barbiturates
他承認給她服用巴比妥類藥物
to keep her unconscious, not only to trick
讓她失去知覺,不僅是為了
the machines that monitored her,
騙過監視她的儀器
but also anyone who would want to examine her when he wasn't around.
還有當他不在時,那些查看她的人
It wasn't a perfect plan, of course.
當然這不是最完美的計劃
Between the drugs and the atrophied muscles,
由于藥物和肌肉萎縮的影響
she was quite weak.
她很虛弱
That's why she was seated
所以她是坐著
when she shot Casey and Anna.
開槍殺死凱西和安娜的
Because, in the moment, it was too difficult to stand.
因為在那時,她很難站立
I never told you that I wanted to share the money
我從沒說過我想分享遺產
and Yvette didn't. How did you know?
而伊薇特不愿意,你怎么知道的
Why else would she go to these lengths?
不然她為何出此下策
And what about the third heir?
第三個繼承人怎么樣了
The one whose house Yvette broke into.
伊薇特闖進她的家
Is she okay? She's fine.
她還好嗎, 很好
In that she never existed.
因為她根本不存在
I, I made her up.
她是我編出來的
What you saw at the hospital,
你在醫院看到的
none of it was real.
全是假的
It was a trap.
那是個陷阱
I made a commotion to draw Yvette's doctor in.
我為了引伊薇特的醫生過來而大吵大鬧
I announced the name and address of the heir.
然后喊出繼承人的姓名和地址
Mary Margaret Phelps,
瑪麗·瑪格利特·菲爾普斯
80-33 West Tremont,
西特萊蒙街80-33號
so that he'd have them.
好讓他聽到
I then "assaulted" Detective Bell
然后我"襲擊"了貝爾警探
so the good doctor would think that I,
我們的好醫生就會以為
the only apparent threat to his and Yvette's plan,
在他和伊薇特的計劃中,唯一的威脅
was in jail for the night, allowing them
也就是我,會在監獄里蹲一晚上
a very crucial window of opportunity.
這可是他們的好機會
And they took it.
他們果然下手了
Because even though
因為雖然
neither of them had even heard of the third heir before tonight,
今晚之前,他們都沒聽說過還有第三個人
they couldn't take any chances.
但他們寧可錯殺
As for the woman Yvette trailed to her home...
至于伊薇特跟蹤的那個女人
she's an officer here at the precinct.
她是這個轄區的一名警官
I have to contact our attorneys.
我要聯系我們的律師
I need to see if they can help her.
我想知道他們能否幫助她
I know what she did
我知道她做的事
is unforgivable, but she is still my sister.
不可饒恕,但她仍是我的姐妹
There were only two pretermitted heirs, Ms. Ellison.
只有兩名漏掉的繼承人,埃里森女士
Yvette killed the second one yesterday.
伊薇特昨天殺了第二個
So tell me:
那么請告訴我
Why was she still in a coma today?
為什么今天她還處于昏迷中
Why didn't she miraculously wake up this morning?
為什么今早她沒有奇跡般地醒來
Who did she have left to kill?
她還需要殺掉誰
Do you think, perhaps, it was someone who stood
你認為可不可能是
between her and the entirety of the family fortune?
某個阻礙她得到整個遺產的人
You mind that big heart, Ms. Ellison.
防人之心不可無,埃里森女士
It'll beat longer.
那樣才能活得更久
You taking off?
你要離開了
Case is closed, is it not?
案子結束了,不是嗎
It is.
是的
Which is why you should come join us for drinks in a bit.
所以你應該過來跟我們喝幾杯
Bell here is buying.
貝爾請客
I'm under orders.
我只是奉命行事
That said, I, uh,
不過我
appreciate the help you gave us.
很感激你的幫助
So what do you say?
給個話啊
Drinks?
去不去
In about an hour?
大概一個小時之后
Another time, perhaps.
下次吧
All right.
好的
More malodorous takeout. How wonderful.
又是惡心的外賣,真美好
What is this? Five nights in a row?
這是什么,都連續五天了
It's Mediterranean. I hope you like garlic.
地中海菜系,但愿你喜歡大蒜
You'd think that for what my father is paying you,
我覺得我父親付了你錢
you'd learn to cook.
怎么也得會燒飯吧
What? You want to talk about
什么, 想不想談談
what happened in the support meeting tonight?
今晚互助會發生的事
Something happened?
出什么事了
You listened.
你聽進去了
You let someone else's natterings penetrate that attic
你讓別人的閑扯進入了隱窩(耳內結構)
you call a skull
就是你說的頭骨
and it helped you catch a killer.
而且它還幫你抓到了兇手
You want a thank you? Fine. Thank you.
你想要感謝,好吧,謝謝你
Do you you close yourself off to people and
你把自己封閉起來
deny yourself things that might bring you pleasure...
還拒絕能帶給你快樂的事情
not because it makes you a better investigator,
不是因為這能讓你成為更優秀的偵探
but because it's some sort of penance?
而是某種自我懲罰吧
Penance?
自我懲罰
For what happened in London.
因為在倫敦發生的事
Being addicted.
你吸毒的原因
I don't know. I guess it just occurred to me
我不知道,我只是突然想到
that it might be something
人可能會在
that someone might do and not even know it.
無意識的情況下懲罰自己
Well, you always know it, Watson.
其實是有意識的,華生
If you didn't,
要是無意識的
it wouldn't be penance.
就不叫自我懲罰了