Hello?
你好
Yes, I'm coming to get him in...
對,我正要去找他
I'm sorry. Did you say "He escaped."?
等一下,你剛才是不是說,他逃跑了
Hi, it's Joan Watson.
你好,我是喬恩·華生
On the off chance you haven't already been contacted by Hemdale.
你很可能已經從漢德爾那聽說了
Your son left rehab a little early this morning.
今天上午早些時候,令郎逃離了康戒中心
I'm already at his house, to see if he is here.
我現在在他家門口,看他在不
I'll call you if there is a problem.
如果有狀況的話,我再打給你
Excuse me, I'm looking for Mr...
打擾一下,我在找
Hello?
有人嗎
Excuse me, Mr...
打擾一下
My name is Joan Watson.
我叫喬恩·華生
I've been hired by your father, to be your sober companion.
你父親雇我來當你的康戒陪護
He told me he was going to e-mail you about me.
他說他會發郵件向你介紹我
I'm here to make the transition from your rehab...
我來這兒,是為了讓你順利地
experience to the routine of your everyday life,
從在康戒中心被迫戒癮,轉變為
as smooth as possible.
養成健康的生活習慣
So I will be living with you for the next six weeks.
所以之后的六周,我都會跟你住在一起
Which means...I'll be available to you 24/7.
也就是說,我要時刻陪在你身邊
Do you believe in love at first sight?
你相信一見鐘情嗎
I know what you're thinking.
我知道你在想什么
The world is a cynical place and I must be a cynical man...
這世界俗不可耐,我一定是個犬儒之輩
thinking a woman like you
認為你這樣的女子
would fall for a line like that.
也會落入這樣的俗套
The thing is... it isn't a line.
可關鍵在于,我并不是那樣
So please hear me when I say this...
所以請你仔細聽好了
I have never loved anyone as I do you right now...
我從未如此地深愛一個人
in this moment.
直到遇到了你
Do you believe in love at first sight?
你相信一見鐘情嗎
I know what you're thinking.
我知道你在想什么
The world is a cynical place,
這世界俗不可耐
and I must be a cynical man thinking a woman like you
我一定是個犬儒之人,認為你這樣的女子
would fall for a line like that.
也一定會落入這樣的俗套
The thing is... it isn't a line.
可關鍵在于,我并不是這樣
So please...
所以
hear me when I say this...
請你仔細聽好了
I have never loved anyone...
我從未如此地
as I do you right now...
深愛一個人
in this moment.
直到遇到了你
Spot on!
分毫不差
Sherlock Holmes.
夏洛克·福爾摩斯
Please don't get comfortable, we won't be here long.
請不要太隨意,咱們很快就得走
Mr. Holmes, did your father tell you about me or not?
福爾摩斯先生,令尊到底有沒有提過我
Uh... he emailed,
他發了郵件
said to expect some sort of addict-sitter.
提到有個什么康戒保姆
Then he explained his conditions with respect to your sobriety?
他說過如果你戒毒失敗會怎樣么
If you mean his threats to evict me from this,
如果你指的是他逼我
the shoddiest and the least renovated from the 5...
從他在紐約的5所房產中最爛最破的這所
count them, 5 properties he owns in New York, then, yeah.
搬出去的話,他的確提過
And yeah he made his conditions quite clear.
而且他講得清清楚楚
I used, I wind up on the street.
我破過戒,因此流落街頭
I refuse your, quote-unquote, "Help," i wind up on the street.
不需要你來轉述,我已經吃過苦頭了
It's my understanding that most sober companions
據我所知,大部分康戒陪護
are recovering addicts themselves, but...
連自己的癮都戒不掉,不過
you've never had a problem with drugs or alcohol.
你倒是從來沒有對酒精或毒品上癮過
Your father told you. Of course he didn't.
是你父親說的嗎, 當然不是
Uh, would you care to explain why you broke out of your rehab facility
介不介意說說為何要在康戒的最后一天
the same day you're being released?
從那里逃出來呢
Bored.
無聊
You were bored?
你在那里感到無聊嗎
No, I am bored right now. Happens often. You'll get used to it.
是現在無聊,我經常這樣,你得習慣
Regarding our mutual friends at Hemdale,
鑒于咱倆都認識漢德爾那群人
I'd say they should be thanking me for exposing the flaws
我覺得他們應該感謝我為他們
in their rubbish security system, wouldn't you?
展示了那破安保系統的漏洞,你說呢
Excellent!
味道好極了
There was a women leaving, just as I got here...
我來的時候有個女人從這出去
Did she get you high?
她讓你爽夠了么,(意同高)
About six feet.
大概有六英尺高呢
I actually find sex repellent.
我其實覺得性愛挺煩人的
All those fluids and all the sounds,
到處都弄得濕乎乎的,又嚎又叫
but my brain and my body
但是我的大腦和身體
require it to function at optimum levels,
需要它的滋潤才能完美運轉
so... I feed them as needed.
所以,我就滿足它們了
You're a doctor, you understand.
你是個醫生,應該清楚的
I'm not a doctor.
我不是醫生
You were a doctor, surgeon, judging by your hands.
你以前是外科醫生,從你的手能看出來
Is your car parked nearby?
你的車停在附近嗎
Yes, it's just out there.
對,就停在外面
How did you know I had a car?
你怎么知道我有車
Parking ticket, fell out of your purse when you dropped it.
你手袋掉地上的時候,停車票露出來了
Can't have one without the other, can you?
有票必有車嘛,對不對
We're late, we need to get going.
要遲到了,我們得馬上走
Err... late for what?
遲到什么
Actually, scratch the car.
算了,別開車了
Manhattan Bridge is down to a single lane.
曼哈頓橋現在堵成單行線了
We'll take the tube instead.
我們得改搭地鐵
Look at this place... yuck.
瞧瞧這地方,臟亂差
I can't wait for you to tidy it.
就等你把它收拾干凈了
Prior to my stint in junkie jail,
我被關進戒毒所之前
I worked as a consultant at Scotland Yard.
曾是蘇格蘭場(倫敦警務處總部)的顧問
Your father told me. He said you were a detective?
你父親告訴我說,你是個偵探
I was a consultant. I wasn't paid for my services,
我是顧問,只工作,不收錢
and therefore I answered to no one but myself.
所以我都是獨自解決問題
What about London?
倫敦發生什么了
What about it?
你指什么
He told me that's where you bottomed out.
他說你在那一蹶不振
He thinks something happened to you there,
他覺得是你出了什么事
he just doesn't know what.
但他不清楚到底是什么
Handsome woman, your mother.
你母親是個很大度的女人
It's very big of her to take your dad back after the affair.
在那件事后給了你父親很大支持
How could you possibly...?
你怎么知道的
You still haven't told me where we're going yet.
你還是沒告訴我咱們要去哪
About that,
說到這個
I think you and father will be pleased to hear
我覺得你和我爸都會很高興
I have devised a post-rehab regimen for myself
我想出了一個康戒治療后的康復方案
that'll keep me quite busy.
會讓我忙起來
I've decided to resume my work as a consultant here
我決定繼續進行我的顧問工作
in New York.
就在紐約
Tell me...
告訴我
How do clients typically introduce. What do you mean?
客戶一般怎么介紹你, 什么意思
I mean, I find it hard to believe they'd actually tell someone
我是說,自己被人指派了一只助手猴
they've been assigned a glorified helper monkey.
這種事情有點難以啟齒
Helper-monkey?
你居然管我叫助手猴
Well you and I have what's known as companion-client confidentiality,
咱倆之間有著陪護客戶保密協定
which means that you can introduce me however you like:
也就是說你可以隨意介紹我
friend, coworker, relative and I'll play along.
朋友,同事,親戚都行,我都配合
But, to be honest, most clients just call me
但是說實話,大部分客戶都稱我為
their companion.
他們的同伴
Captain Gregson...
格雷森警監
Holmes!
福爾摩斯
How are you doing? Miss Watson,
你好嗎, 華生小姐
This is Captain Gregson, Captain Gregson
這位是格雷森警監,格雷森警監
this is Miss Watson my personal valet.
這是華生小姐,我的貼身傭人
How do you do?
你好嗎
She waits out here.
讓她在外面等
I'm afraid she's quite crucial to my process, captain.
她在我辦案過程中很重要,警監
It's okay, really.
沒關系,真的
Actually it isn't.
事實并非如此
At least not according to my father's email.
至少沒遵循我父親郵件里的意愿
Where he explained it's the job of a proper... valet
他解釋說一個貼身傭人的職責
to accompany his or her charge to their place of business.
是陪伴他的雇主去他工作的地方
Well, consider this my place of business.
而這里正是我要工作的地方
Consider every wretched hive of depravity and murder in this city
這座城市中每個罪犯的巢穴和謀殺案現場
my place of business.
都是我工作的地方
Unless, of course,
當然了,除非
you don't think you have the stomach for the work I do.
我的工作不對你的胃口
I'm good.
我沒問題
Could you put these gloves on, please?
請帶上手套
Dr. Richard Mantlo came home a few hours ago
理查德·曼特羅醫生幾個小時前回家
to find his door kicked in and his wife...
發現家門被踢開,而他的妻子
Amy Dampier, missing.
艾米·丹普,失蹤了
That's, uh... that's Mantlo over there.
曼特羅在那邊
He's a headshrinker out at Sanbridge Hospital.
他在圣橋醫院加班
Says he caught an emergency last night,
他說昨晚碰到了急診
didn't get home till 5:00 A.M.
直到早上五點才回來
Saw the front door,
看到前門被破壞了
called 911.
就報了警
First officers on the scene found signs of-of a struggle
首先趕到現場的警官發現
in the kitchen
廚房和主臥
and in the master bedroom.
有掙扎痕跡
But no Ms. Dampier.
但是沒發現丹普夫人
Ransom demand?
要求贖金了嗎
What is it?
怎么了
I'm not sure.
不確定
Ms. Dampier's cell phone, have you recovered it?
你們找到丹普夫人的手機了嗎
We have her cell phone?
把她的手機拿來
Thank you, Detective.
謝謝你,探長
She either lost a tremendous amount of weight or underwent
她要么減了很多肥,要么
significant plastic surgery sometime in the last two years.
在過去的兩年內接受過大型整容手術
She looks the same in all the photos.
她在所有照片里看起來都一個樣
That's my point.
正是如此
Ovular frames...
看橢圓相框
are older, have been here longer
很舊,用了很長時間了
You can tell by the way
從墻被遮掩的地方
the wall has faded-- square frames newer.
可以看出,這些方形相框比較新
They're the only ones that feature Ms. Dampier.
而且都是丹普夫人的獨照
Coincidence? No.
是巧合嗎,不
Check her cell phone.
看她的手機
No photos of her older than two years.
沒有一張照片的時間大于兩年
Yet there are countless pictures of other people
但是有很多別人的照片
in her life, as many as five years ago.
至少都是五年以前的
I take it you two have worked together before?
我聽說你們之前一起工作過
Yeah, ten years ago.
是十年前
A few months after 9/11 I was assigned to Scotland Yard
9.11過后的幾個月,我被派到蘇格蘭場
to observe their counterterrorism bureau.
去調查他們的反恐局
Holmes mostly worked homicides, but, uh...
而福爾摩斯主要偵破殺人案
...our paths still crossed a few times.
但有時我們的案子會有交集
Captain, if you please?
警監,麻煩過來下
Yeah?
來了
Ms. Dampier knew her attacker.
丹普小姐認識襲擊者
She let him into the house herself.
是她讓他進屋的
Captain, who-who is this guy?
警監,這家伙是誰
There are two broken glasses here.
這里有兩個摔碎的杯子
You can tell from the volume of shards.
從碎片的體積可以看出
Obviously, she was pouring a glass of water for her guest
顯然,她正在給客人倒水時
when he assailed her.
被人襲擊了
Right. Is that something you would do if some nut job
沒錯,如果有瘋子踢開你的家門
comes in and kicks your door in,
正常人的做法都是
you ask him if he's thirsty.
問他渴不渴
Could I...?
借用一下
Thank you.
謝謝
Base of glass number...
第二個
two.
杯底
If you take another glance
如果你再看一眼
at the boot print on the front door,
前門上的靴子印
you will see an almost imperceptible spot of blood
你會發現幾乎無法察覺的血跡
where the heel made contact.
和高跟鞋上的一樣
Lab tests, I'm certain,
去化驗一下,我敢肯定
will conclude it's the victim's blood,
那是受害者的血
and could only have been left there
而且只有在襲擊發生后
after the assault had already taken place.
才可能在那里留下血跡
Ms. Dampier
丹普夫人
let the man in because he was
讓歹徒進來
familiar to her.
因為他是熟人
He kicked the door in as he exited
他出去時踢門
to try to obscure this fact.
是在試圖掩蓋事實
Also, he took something from the living room.
另外,他從客廳帶走了些東西
Note the symmetry of the space, hm?
注意,這里很有對稱性
This wall is very nearly a reflection of that one.
這面墻就像那面墻的映射
Pictures, pictures, knickknacks, knickknacks.
同樣的照片和裝飾品
I see balance everywhere, except...
到處都是對稱的,除了
this one space.
這里
Hey, something was here-- what was it?
這里以前有什么東西
I'm sorry? Maybe this isn't the best time.
記不清了, 也許不是問這個時候
No, no, please concentrate.
不,請仔細想想
Something used to occupy that space.
以前有東西放在那里
I need you to tell me what it was.
我要你告訴我那是什么
Uh, it was an old...
是一個舊的
ring box-Amy's grandmother gave it to her.
戒指盒,艾米的祖母留給她的
Why?
怎么了
You said there were also signs of struggle in the master bedroom?
你說主臥也有掙扎的痕跡
What is it?
怎么了
Why is it so important that the kidnapper took a ring box?
綁匪拿走一個戒指盒能說明什么
Kidnappers don't take trophies. Killers do.
綁匪從不拿戰利品,但殺人犯會
There's no body, genius.
沒發現尸體,天才
There's no blood on the front stoop or walk, either.
在前門廊和走廊都沒有血跡
It's rather difficult not to leave any
當你在擄走一個
when you're abducting someone
動脈受傷的人時
with an arterial wound, wouldn't you agree?
很難做到不留痕跡,不是嗎
You're certain your men have been
你確定你們的人
over every inch of this house?
搜過房間的每個角落
Of course.
當然
But as you can see, there was a struggle here.
正如你看到的,這里發生過爭斗
She's in the safe room.
她在密室里
What safe room?
哪來的密室
The one behind that wall.
墻后面的密室
Husband didn't say anything about any safe room.
她丈夫沒說這里有密室
There's a slight angle to the floor in here. You can't f...
那面墻和地面有些許角度
It's...
那是
The extra weight of the safe room steel reinforcements
密室用鋼鐵加固會產生超負荷的重量
can cause the floor around it to decline slightly,
從而導致周圍的地板輕微下陷
creating a slope between one and five degrees.
造成一到五度的傾斜
Sometimes I hate it when I'm right.
有時候我恨自己總能言中
For the last time, I loved my wife.
最后說一次,我愛我的妻子
I didn't hurt her, and before this moment,
我從未傷害過她,而且
I had no idea there was any safe room in my house.
在此之前我對密室的事一無所知
You get why that's hard for us to believe, don't you?
你知道我們為何難以相信你,對嗎
The place was gutted
我和艾米是兩年前搬去的
before Amy and I moved in two years ago.
之前那里被損毀了
She oversaw all the construction.
她負責修葺工作的監督
I'm sorry, but, uh, are you saying
不好意思,你是說
she had it installed, but never told you?
她是背著你修建的密室
How do you do it?
你怎么做到的
Do what?
什么
Guess things.
猜到那些事
I don't guess. I observe.
我不是猜,是觀察
And once I've observed, I deduce.
一旦我觀察到,就進行演繹
You said you could tell from my hands
你說從我的雙手可以知道
that I used to be a surgeon.
我曾是外科醫生
"Hand"-- singular, actually.
其實,是一只手
It was soft, no calluses.
柔軟,沒有硬繭
Also, it smelled faintly of beeswax.
而且有點蜂蠟的味道
Oh, many surgeons, as you know,
你該知道,很多外科醫生
use a beeswax cream to protect their hands
用蜂蠟霜來防止他們的雙手
from the dehydrating effects of repeated washings. Well...
因反復清洗而失去水分
You're no longer practicing, but old habits die hard.
你現在不當醫生了,但積習難改
As far as why you gave up your medical career
至于你放棄行醫
to become a companion--
改做陪護
I'd wager that addiction claimed the life
我敢肯定是因為你的親友
of someone close to you, and his or her death moved you
因毒癮而死,而此人的過世使得你
to make drastic changes in your life.
做出了人生的巨大改變
Am I close?
我說得對嗎
What about my father?
那我父親呢
What about him?
他怎么了
How did you know he had an affair?
你怎么知道他有外遇
Google.
谷歌的
Well, not everything is deducible.
又不是所有事情都能演繹出來
I, uh, just want to say thanks for helping out today.
我就想說,謝謝你們今天的幫助
You-you got us our guy in, and, uh... and we're grateful.
你幫我們抓到了嫌犯,很感謝
We can take it from here.
接下來交給我們就行了
Respectfully, detective, I doubt that very much,
恕我冒昧,警探,我對此表示懷疑
'cause I have reason to believe
因為我有理由相信
that Richard Mantlo didn't kill his wife.
理查德·曼特羅沒有殺他的妻子
Wait, wait, wait. Wait, wait.
等等,等等
Come again?
再說一遍
Dr. Mantlo has girls' feet, or hadn't you noticed?
沒發現嗎,曼特羅醫生的腳跟女人一樣
He's a size eight if he's an inch.
他的腳大概是八碼的
The boot pri on his front door was an 11.
而前門上的鞋印卻是11碼的
So? So he was smart.
那他挺聰明的
He wore bigger shoes to throw us off.
穿了大碼的鞋來誤導我們
Did he also wear bigger hands when he strangled his wife?
那他掐死妻子的時候也戴了大號的手嗎
Holmes...
福爾摩斯
Well, these strangulation marks are indicative
這些勒痕表明兇手
of a man much larger than Mantlo.
是比曼特羅更高大的人
No just heavier, but-but taller.
不僅更壯,也更高
I'd estimate his height
我估計他的身高
to be somewhere between six foot-one, six foot-three.
在185到190之間
Your M.E. Will come to the same conclusion in a couple of hours.
驗尸官數小時后也會得出相同的結論
I'm delivering it now. You're a doctor.
我只是提前告訴你,你是醫生
Tell 'em I'm right. I'm not a doctor.
告訴他們我是對的, 我不是醫生
Were a doctor.
曾經是
Surely you haven't forgotten how bruising works.
你肯定還記得瘀傷是怎么造成的
Okay, yeah, sure, these hands do seem a little small for the bruise pattern,
沒錯,這雙手相對瘀痕的確小了點
but I... With your permission, 但, -
警監,希望你允許
Captain, I'd like a moment alone with Dr. Mantlo.
我想單獨和曼特羅醫生談談
Captain, this... You got two minutes.
警監,這, 給你兩分鐘
Tall men in your life.I'd like a list.
你認識的高個男人,給我列張單子
Amy was a good person, but if you're here
艾米是個好人,但如果你們來這
because you think I had something to do with it...
是因為覺得我跟她的死有關
Dr. Mantlo said that
曼特羅醫生說
you'd made a pass at her at a holiday party last year.
去年你在一個假期聚會上曾向她示好
Actually, no, I didn't.
不,我沒有
I asked her about all the plastic surgery she'd had.
我只是打聽她做的整容手術
Plastic surgery?
整容手術
Okay, look, I helped plan a fund-raiser for the hospital,
兩年前我幫醫院策劃了一次慈善募捐
two years ago, that was before the surgeries.
那是在她整容之前的事
I know I still have the pictures.
我肯定我還有當時的照片
There.
找到了
That's a picture of Amy and Dr. Mantlo that I took that night, okay?
這是我當晚拍的艾米和曼特羅醫生的合照
Tell me you wouldn't want to ask her why she did it.
換做你不會想問她為什么要整容嗎
Tell me about the stalking charge brought against you two years ago.
說說兩年前你被指控跟蹤的事
I asked my neighbor out.
我只是約我的鄰居出去
She overreacted.
她太大驚小怪了
Mr. Polk, can you tell us where you were last night?
波克先生,能告訴我們昨晚你在哪里嗎
Home... alone.
在家,一個人
I know. Not much of an alibi, but I don't care,
我知道,沒有不在場證明,可我不在乎
because I didn't do it.
因為我沒殺人
Um, did you know that honey was dripping through the ceiling?
你知道天花板上有蜂蜜滴下來嗎
Yes. Happens sometimes.
是,有時會這樣
I take it beekeeping is a hobby.
看來你把養蜂當作興趣
I'm writing a book.
我在著書
"Practical Handbook of Bee Culture
《蜂文化實用手冊--
with Some Observations Upon the Segregation of the Queen."
蜂后隔離觀察紀實》
Up here. I've just started Chapter 19.
寫在腦袋里,我剛開始寫第十九章
Would you like to hear the last few paragraphs?
你想聽聽最新的幾段嗎
Did you talk to the police about that scary administrator guy?
你跟警察提過那個嚇人的行政人員嗎
I have not. But I thought that...
還沒有, 但我以為
Mr. Polk is a prat, no doubt,
毫無疑問,波克先生是個混蛋
but his body language
但他的肢體語言顯示
said "Sub," Not "Dom."
他是服從者,而非主控者
I don't see him having the berries to take another life.
我不覺得他有種取人性命
Why do you suppose you hate your job so much?
為什么你如此討厭這工作
I don't hate my job.
我沒有討厭我的工作
You have two alarm clocks.
你設了兩個鬧鐘
No one with two alarm clocks loves their job.
沒人喜歡他們的工作還要兩個鬧鐘
Two alarm clocks means it's a chore
兩個鬧鐘意味著
for you to get up in the morning.
起床是件辛苦的事
You don't hate what I do, though.
但你不討厭我做的事
That much was obvious when we talked to Mr. Polk.
在我們跟波克先生談話時,能明顯看出
There was a look on your face...
你當時的表情
I imagine it was the same look you wore to the O.R.
我想那跟你當醫生時走進手術室的表情
when you were still a surgeon.
如出一轍
You're wrong.
你說錯了
I know my father secured your services
我知道我父親雇你工作
for the next six weeks?
六個星期
The simple truth is, I don't need you.
可我并不需要你
I'm finished with drugs.
我跟毒品玩完了
I won't be using them again.
我不會再碰它們了
My advice?
我的建議是
Take a six-week holiday.
給自己放六周的假
I promise I won't tell Papa.
我發誓不會跟老爸告狀
I'm gonna need your saliva now.
我需要采集你的唾液
Ten thirty-seven.
十點三十七
I take back everything I said last night.
我收回昨晚說的話
You obviously love your job.
很明顯,你熱愛你的工作
Couldn't wait to get started this morning.
今天早上就迫不及待地想要開始了
Open you mouth so I can swab it.
把嘴張開
If you're on anything,
你要是服用了那些東西
the strip on the cup will turn blue.
杯子上的長條會變藍
I have a new...
我有個新的
I have a new theory about our killer.
關于那個兇手我有個新的推測
I think he may have struck at least once before.
他之前至少還干過一次
I...who love what I do...woke up early
我,愛我的工作,我起得很早
and couldn't stop thinking about
我沒法不去想,兇手為什么
the ring box he stole from Amy Dampier's living room.
要拿走艾米·丹普的戒指盒
You said it was some sort of trophy.
你說過那是某種形式的戰利品
And you know what flavor
你知道什么樣的殺手
of killers takes trophies, don't you?
會拿走戰利品嗎
Serial. Souvenirs help them differentiate between victims.
連環殺手,戰利品能幫他們區分受害者
It occurred to me that if Amy wasn't our killer's first,
如果艾米不是兇手的第一個目標
though, there might be other cases in common.
那么肯定會有類似的案子
Eileen Renfro.
艾琳·蘭弗
Savagely beaten and strangled by an intruder
兩年前在布朗克斯的家中
in her Bronx home two years ago.
遭入室者毒打并扼喉
He took a jewelry box on his way out,
他離開時拿走了一個首飾盒
but left behind a size 11 footprint.
留下了一個11碼的鞋印
Drug free. Congratulations.
陰性,恭喜
Especially striking are
值得注意的是
the physical similarities between her and Amy.
她和艾米有著相似的外形
Both were curvaceous with long red hair.
她們都有性感的曲線,紅色長發
You think the killer has a type?
兇手挑選特定的類型下手
The one significant difference in the cases is...
這兩起案子的一個顯著差異是
Eileen Renfro survived her attack.
艾琳·蘭弗活下來了
I'm sorry.
對不起
I can see why you think it might be the same guy.
我能理解為什么你們會認為是同一個人
I just don't think I can help you.
只是我覺得我幫不上忙
We know from the police report
根據警方的報告
that the man who assaulted you wore a mask.
攻擊你的人當時帶著面罩
That doesn't mean you can't help us identify him.
不過你還是可以幫助我們指認兇手
Did he say anything to you?
他和你說話了嗎
No.
沒有
I came in through my front door, and he was just... there.
我從前門進來就看到他站在那里
Did he have a particular scent?
他身上有沒有特殊氣味
I...I don't think so.
我沒聞到
Was he tall, short, somewhere in between?
他是高是矮,還是中等個
I don't know. I mean,
我不清楚
he was on top of me so quickly,
他突然就沖了過來
his hands were around my throat.
他的手掐著我的脖子
And what about the mask?
面罩是什么樣的
What about it?
你指的是什么
Was it ski, Mexican wrestling, paper plate?
滑雪的,墨西哥摔跤的,還是紙板的
Ski.
滑雪的
Good. Excellent.
很好,太棒了
So, you got a good look at his eyes?
那么說,你有仔細看他的眼睛嗎
Oh, correct me if I'm wrong, but a-a strangler can, literally,
聽我說的對不對,行兇者和目標之間
not be more than an arm's length from his stranglee, can he?
不會超過一臂的距離
Mr.Holmes That's what? Two?
福爾摩斯先生, 有多長,兩英尺
Two and a half feet?
二點五英尺
I'm twice that distance from you now.
我現在離你差不多有兩倍那么遠
I can see that your eyes are a lovely brown.
我能看清你褐色的雙眸
I think I'd like you to leave now.
我想你們可以走了
Why? 'Cause I know that you're lying?
為什么,因為我知道你在撒謊
Mr. Holmes! No. She is.
福爾摩斯先生, 的確如此
You can tell by the crucifix.
從十字架可以看出來
You fiddle with it every time I ask you a question.
我每問你一個問題你都要擺弄它
It's-it's pacifying behavior.
這是安撫行為
It's just elementary haptic communication.
這是基本的觸覺交流
Just read a book, would you?
拜托你讀讀書,行嗎
She did see her attacker's face. Sherlock!
她看見了攻擊者的相貌, 夏洛克
I think she might even know who he is!
她甚至可能知道他的身份
Get out.
滾出去
You realize that because you protected him two years ago,
你知道自己兩年前袒護了他
you have the blood of an innocent woman on your hands, don't you?
所以現在你害死了一個無辜的女人
Perhaps you'd like to go for two or three or four.
或許你希望看到第二第三第四個
That's enough!
夠了
You're done here. Go wait in the car.
這里沒你事了,去車上等著
What a jerk!
真是個混球
I'm... I'm really sorry about that.
我,我很抱歉
The name of the man who attacked her is Peter Saldua.
襲擊她的人名叫彼得·塞爾杜
He was her brother's best friend growing up.
是她哥哥的好朋友,兩人是發小
His father was abusive,
他父親經常虐待他
so her parents took him in his senior year of high school.
所以她父母在他高中最后一年領養了他
Eileen heard from her brother
艾琳聽她哥哥說
that he works for a florist in Chelsea.
他在切爾西的一家花店打工
I knew it.
我就知道
I knew that if I started a row in there,
我知道如果我鬧得很厲害
you'd come to her defense,
你就會站出來為她講話
and if you came to her defense,
而一旦你這么做了
she might very well tell you the truth.
她就會很樂意告訴你實情
You are so full of it.
你還真能扯
This is Gregson.
我是格雷森
Captain Gregson, Sherlock Holmes.
格雷森警監,夏洛克·福爾摩斯
I'm calling because I believe I've uncovered
我打電話是因為我知道了
the name of a strong suspect
艾米·丹普兇殺案中
in the murder of Amy Dampier.
一名重要嫌疑犯的名字
Name wouldn't be Peter Saldua by any chance, would it?
不會碰巧就是彼得·塞爾杜吧
How did you know?
你怎么知道
'Cause I'm at his house
因為我正在他家里
and I'm looking at him right now.
盯著他
Are you saying he's in police custody?
你是說他被警方逮捕了
Technically, yeah.
可以這么說
He's all ours.
他想跑也跑不了了
Mailman saw the body through the window.
郵差從窗外看到了尸體
Calls 911,
報了警
said he thought someone on his route had killed himself.
說在他送信的路上有人自殺了
Turns out he was right.
結果證明他是對的
The gun was still in Saldua's hand when we got here.
我們到的時候塞爾杜的手里還握著槍
Watch the blood spatter.
注意血跡
We found the ring box from Amy Dampier's home, right here.
我們找到了艾米·丹普的戒指盒,在這
Turns out Mantlo and his wife used the florist Saldua worked for.
曼特羅和妻子經常光顧塞爾杜工作的花店
They order fresh flowers to the house once a week.
他們每周都訂鮮花送到家里
Saldua was the guy who delivered them.
送花的就是塞爾杜
Explains why she would have let him the other night.
這也就解釋了,為什么那晚她會讓他進門
What happened over there?
那邊是怎么回事
Mixed his colors with his whites?
把彩色和白色衣服混著洗嗎
Who knows.
天知道
Guy was a nut bar.
這家伙是個瘋子
Did you already take his phone?
找到他的手機了嗎
It hasn't turned up yet,
還沒找到
but it will.
但會找到的
You wanted to be the one who found him, didn't you?
你本想自己找到他,對吧
I don't do what I do for the credit.
我可不是為了居功才做這些事的
Then why do you do it?
那你是為了什么
I would like to thank the police, again,
我要再次感謝警方
for finding the man who killed my wife.
全靠他們才能找到殺害我妻子的兇手
I would've liked to seen him stand trial for what he did...
我希望看到他被繩之以法
She had her mole removed when she changed her look.
她整容的時候把痣去掉了
It doesn't make any sense.
這說不通
She loved that mole.
她愛死那顆痣了
Before her surgery she turned her head to feature it
做手術前,每次拍照她都會側過頭
whenever her picture was taken.
給痣一個特寫
Where'd you get those photographs?
你從哪弄來的那些照片
I reached out to Amy's friends via her Facebook page.
我從艾米的臉譜網上找到了她的朋友
Harrison Polk was right.
哈里森·波克說得對
She was as beautiful before her surgery as she was after, so...
手術前后她都很漂亮,所以
why bother? What was the point?
干嘛搞這么麻煩,有什么意義
Another thing. Saldua's phone records
還有一件事,塞爾杜的通話記錄
indicate he used his cell phone constantly.
顯示他經常用手機
And yet, three days ago, he just stopped.
可是呢,三天前他突然不用了
Didn't make a single call.
沒打一通電話
Didn't send a single text. Why?
沒發一條短信,為什么
His bank statements meanwhile,
他的銀行對賬單顯示
there's several checks made out to
他給一個叫羅蘭德·杰瑟普的心理醫生
Dr. Roland Jessup, Psychologist.
開了幾張支票
He seems worth a talking to, no? No?
我們似乎可以找他談談,可以嗎
No, 'cause he dropped dead of a coronary, 2010.
不行,因為他2010年就死于冠心病了
The Amy Dampier case is over. You helped solve it.
艾米·丹普的案子已經結了,你功不可沒
No. Something's off. I can feel it.
不,哪里不對勁,我能感覺得到
What's that?
那是什么
I got us tickets to the opera tonight.
我弄了兩張今晚歌劇的票
Celebrate.
作為慶祝
When your father hired me, he mentioned something about you liking it,
你爸爸雇我的時候,提到過你喜歡歌劇
so I thought--
所以我想
I went to Le Grande Macabre once, when I was nine,
我只在九歲時看過一次《大死亡》
now I'm a buff.
現在我卻成歌劇迷了
I'm worried about you.
我有點擔心你
I think you're making things more complicated
我覺得你把事情搞得
than they really are,
比實際更復雜了
and it tells me that you're struggling.
這說明你內心在糾結
No struggle with anything.
沒什么好糾結的
Or haven't you been paying attention the last few days?
難道你這幾天都沒注意到嗎
I've been right about everything.
我對一切事的判斷都是正確的
Actually, you haven't.
實際上不是
The day we met you deduced that I gave up being a surgeon
見面那天,你推斷我放棄當外科醫生
to become a companion because I had lost someone close to me.
去做陪護是因為我失去了親近的人
The truth is...
事實是
The truth is that you made a mistake during a surgery
事實是你做手術的時候出了差錯
that cost a patient his life.
導致病人死亡
It takes years of study to become a surgeon,
成為外科醫生需要多年的學習
not to mention tremendous ego.
而且你有強烈的自尊心
Surgeons don't just leave to become addict-sitters.
外科醫生不會就這樣辭職去做康戒陪護
They're forced out. And they're only forced out
除非是被迫,而原因只可能是
if they commit the sin of malpractice.
他們在手術過程中操作失誤
I knew it would be a sore subject so I made up the bit about your friend
我知道你對這事敏感才故意編了個故事
to spare your feelings.
照顧你的感受
That was very big of you.
你還真偉大
How do you know the patient died?
你怎么知道那個病人死了
How do you know i didn't just leave him paralyzed or in a coma?
你怎么知道他最后不是癱瘓或者昏迷了
The parking ticket! The one you had in your purse.
你錢包里的停車罰單
It was...
那是
You incurred it two weeks ago
兩個星期前
near the corner of 86th and Third.
你在第三大道86號拐角拿到的
The only thing there is Carver Cemetery.
那里只有"受難地"公墓
Obviously you were visiting a grave.
顯然你是去掃墓了
Not a parent's grave, of course,
當然不是父母的墓
Google indicates that they're both alive and well.
谷歌顯示他們都健在
Siblings?
兄弟姐妹嗎
No. Carver is a pauper's field.
不, "受難地"是普通百姓的墓地
The picture that you keep on your phone of Mum and Dad
手機里你父母的照片
says that they're well-to-do.
顯示出他們很有錢
No sibling of yours would be interred in a place like that.
兄弟姐妹哪可能淪落到那種地方
The place doesn't even have a proper parking area,
那地方連像樣的停車場都沒有
hence the ticket.
這才有了那張罰單
So... a surgeon who's no longer a surgeon,
所以說,一個遠離手術臺的外科醫生
a parking violation incurred outside poor man's cemetery,
一個窮人墓地附近開出的停車罰單
and two parents who are as moneyed as they are alive.
還有腰纏萬貫且健在的父母
You add it all up. What does it say?
所有這些加在一起,說明了什么
You were visiting the grave of the man
你是去祭奠那個
that you let die on your operating table.
死在你手術臺上的人
It's so incredible,
太難以置信了
the way that you can...
你竟然可以
solve people just by looking at them.
光看看別人就能讀懂他們
I noticed you don't have any mirrors around here.
我注意到你這沒有鏡子
And what's that supposed to mean?
那又怎樣
It means I think you know a lost cause when you see one.
這說明你看到自己就知道你注定要失敗
Tomorrow I'll arrange for a new companion,
明天我給你換一個新陪護
but tonight I've got plans.
今晚我另有安排
Here you go.
給你
Everything your dead shrink had on my dead friend.
兇犯的心理醫生所掌握的資料都在這
You can thank me.
你可以謝謝我
It's dusty.
灰塵真多
The guy's been dead almost two years.
這人死了快兩年了
His widow had all his stuff in storage.
他妻子把他所有的東西都保存了下來
You're lucky she even let me take a look.
她能讓我看一眼就算你走運了
According to this, Saldua never told him
根據這份資料,塞爾杜從沒和他提過
about the attack on Eileen Renfro.
襲擊艾琳·蘭弗的事情
Just that he had an obsession with redhead women,
只說了他沉迷于紅頭發的女人
and a tendency towards violence.
而且有暴力傾向
Want some?
想來點嗎
"Mr. Saldua, now obsessed with his own recovery,
"塞爾杜先生沉浸在自己的康復進度中"
"has taken to recording our sessions with his phone,
"已經開始用手機記錄我們的談話"
so he can listen to them again and again."
"這樣他就可以一遍遍地聽"
Has the phone turned up yet?
找到那部手機沒
No.
沒有
I'm starting to think he lost it.
我覺得他把手機弄丟了
Listen, I got to take a leak.
我去方便一下
Keep an eye on this coat, will ya?
幫我看一下外套,好嗎
"God, it feels good! Winner is me!"
"天啊,感覺太好了,我贏了"
"Your ass is mine!"
"你的小命是我的"
"You're both dead!"
"你們兩個都死定了"
Rage.
憤怒
He felt rage.
他覺得憤怒
Watson!
華生
Watson!
華生
Excuse me. Oh, my foot!
不好意思, 我的腳
Excuse me.
不好意思
Peter Saldua felt rage
在殺艾米·丹普的那個晚上
the night he killed Amy Dampier.
彼得·塞爾杜感到很憤怒
Now he had some measure of control...
現在他卻在控制
You're not here right now. I don't see you.
你不存在,我看不到你
I don't hear you... Shall I speak up?!
聽不到你說話, 要我聲音大點嗎
He had some measure of control
他能忍受艾琳·蘭弗
with Eileen Renfro, but not with her. Why?
但是忍不了她,為什么
Tell me, what exactly,
告訴我
does a Xanax tablet look like?
阿普唑侖藥片長什么樣
Small, white, ovular-- why?
白色橢圓型的小片,怎么了
Detective Abreu, please.
請接阿布警探
"Shh" Yourself.
你自己小聲點吧
Not even on key.
都唱跑調了
Abreu.
我是阿布
It's Sherlock Holmes.
我是夏洛克·福爾摩斯
Make it quick, Prince Charles.
有話快說,查爾斯王子
I was just on my way out.
我正要出門
The pills vial from Saldua's desk, I know it was taken into evidence.
塞爾杜桌子上的藥瓶被作為證據拿走了
I need you to find it for me.
我要你找到它
Hold on.
別掛
Now what?
然后呢
The pills inside should be white and ovular,
那藥應該是白色橢圓形的
but they're not, are they? They're round and pink.
但瓶子里的藥卻是粉色圓形的
How did you know?
你怎么知道的
I need a ride, right now.
我需要你載我一程,馬上
I'm in the middle of something.
我正忙著呢
You were right the other day...
那天關于艾琳·蘭弗的事
about Eileen Renfro.
你是對的
I had no idea she would respond to you the way that she did.
我沒想過她會告訴你事實
I just told you I did because
我謊稱這是我故意安排的是因為
I was embarrassed I'd lost my temper.
我對自己亂發脾氣感到難堪
Would I have gotten to the truth some other way?
我能否通過別的方式知道真相呢
Of course, but...
當然能,不過
you got me there faster.
你比我先知道了
Now, please,
現在,拜托你
how fast can you get me to Sanbridge Hospital?
我們多久能到圣橋醫院
You were Peter Saldua's last therapist, weren't you?
你是彼得·塞爾杜的最后一位心理醫生吧
You started treating him, what, 18 months ago?
你何時開始對他的治療,十八個月前
Probably just a few weeks before
可能就在你帶夫人
you talked your wife into all that plastic surgery.
去做最后一次整形的幾周前
Excuse me?
你說什么呢
Saldua wanted to fix himself.
塞爾杜想要治好自己
Dr. Jessup was his first attempt.
他先找到了杰瑟普醫生
You were his second.
之后又找到了你
It's quite a bit of luck, that.
你很幸運
You, a man with a wife he wanted dead,
一個想要害死自己妻子的男人
stumbling across him,
遇到了一個
a man with an obsessive personality and a history of violence.
強迫型人格并且有暴力史的人
Only problem was, of course,
當然,唯一的問題是
Amy didn't fit his victim profile, did she?
艾米不符合受害人的條件,對不對
But you accounted for that by pressuring her
但是你想辦法
to alter her appearance until she did.
強迫她整形,直到她同意
Mr. Holmes, right? We met the other day?
福爾摩斯先生吧,我們前幾天見過
The pills vial from Saldua's home came from you.
在塞爾杜家中發現的藥是你給他的
Sample from the hospital, no doubt.
醫院定制的樣本,毫無疑問
Almost impossible to trace.
幾乎沒辦法查到
He thought he was taking tranquilizers,
他以為自己在吃鎮靜劑
but he wasn't, was he? He was taking a steroid.
不過他不是,他實際在吃激素
You were whipping him into a killing frenzy.
這會讓他有瘋狂殺人的沖動
A frenzy that only made him more and more confused,
這種瘋狂讓他越來越迷茫
more violent,
更加暴力
more likely to give in to his terrible compulsions.
更容易感到壓力
I never even heard the name Peter Saldua
我從未聽說過彼得·塞爾杜這個人
until the police told me he was the man who killed Amy.
直到警察告訴我他就是謀殺艾米的兇手
Bollocks.
扯淡
I imagine that you took to meeting at odd places at odd times,
你們都選在奇怪的時間和地點見面
so you'd never be seen together,
所以從未被人看到過
and then when the time was right...
這樣,當時機到來時
you took advantage of his job
你利用他是送貨員的身份
as a delivery man to place him in Amy's orbit.
把他安插在艾米身邊
You arranged for flowers to be sent to the house once a week,
你安排每周送一次花到家里去
'cause you needed him to see her.
因為你要讓他見到艾米
You needed him to become obsessed with her.
你要讓他迷戀上艾米
You loaded him like a weapon.
你把他變成一把上了膛的槍
Then you pointed him squarely at your own wife.
而你正好將他瞄準自己的妻子
You're insane. No, he was insane, doctor.
你瘋了, 不,他才瘋了,醫生
And you took advantage.
而你利用了這一點
And then after you'd murdered him,
然后你殺了他
you made it look like a suicide.
把現場偽造成自殺
You took his phone.
你拿走了他的手機
Why? Well, because
為什么呢
he'd taken to recording your sessions, as well.
因為里面有你們見面的錄音
Problem? Of course not.
這是個麻煩嗎,當然不是
Killing him was always part of the plan.
殺死他早就是計劃的一部分
You'd just take the phone after you'd done the deed.
你只是在殺死他后,拿走了他的電話
Hypothetically, Mr. Holmes,
福爾摩斯先生,假設
a man wants out of his marriage to a very wealthy wife.
一個男人娶了一位有錢的太太
He knows that during the course of their relationship,
而且他知道在這場婚姻中
he signed a prenuptial agreement that gives him nothing
他們的婚前協議規定,如果他離開她
if he leaves her,
就什么都得不到
and a living trust that gives him everything if she dies.
但如果她死了,他就會得到一大筆遺產
Hypothetically, wouldn't that man be smarter
假設,那個人通過別的方式
to look for a way to trigger the clauses
讓她妻子死去
in the second document as opposed to the first?
不是比第一個選擇更加明智嗎
What did he say?
他說什么了
He said that he did it.
他承認是他干的
Well, we have to tell the police.
我們要告訴警察
No point.
沒用的
We don't have any proof. He knows it.
他知道我們沒有任何證據
Need your car keys.
把車鑰匙給我
What? Why? Car keys!
為什么, 車鑰匙
What...?
什么...
Yes.
太好了
Better.
很棒
I'm sorry.
對不起
Not just for your car,
不僅僅是因為我撞了你的車
but for the way I spoke to you earlier.
還因為我之前的說話方式
I knew that the death of your patient
我明知那個死去的病人
would be a sore subject. I just...
是你的痛處,還揭你的傷疤,我只是
Couldn't help yourself.
控制不住自己,是吧
Yeah, I'm starting to see
我開始明白
how that's kind of a thing with you.
你為什么會落到這步田地
I assume you've told my father
我猜你已經把今晚發生的事
about what happened tonight.
告訴我父親了
I'm going to miss that brownstone.
我會懷念那褐色的磚墻
Actually, you're not.
事實上,你不用
I spoke with him, and since what you did at the hospital
我和他談過了,鑒于你在醫院的所作所為
had nothing to do with drugs,
和毒品無關
he's agreed to give you another chance.
他同意給你一次機會
You've decided to stay on as my companion, haven't you?
你也決定繼續做我的陪護了,是嗎
He never would have agreed if you hadn't...
如果不是你,他不會給我機會的
I'm very pleased... Watson.
我很感激,華生
Oh, for myself, of course, but for you.
為我自己,當然,也為你
I happen to think there's some hope for you as an investigator.
我覺得你還是很有做偵探的潛質的
I want you to let me in on the rest of the plan.
我希望你能讓我參與接下來的計劃
To get Mantlo.
抓住曼特羅
I know you wouldn't have wrecked my car
我知道你不會無故
unless it was part of some elaborate...
撞壞我的車的
...temper tantrum. Correct.
只是為了發泄,好吧
In that case, I want you to tell me about London.
這樣的話,我想知道你在倫敦的事情
Big place. Lots of rain.
大城市,經常下雨
I want you to tell me
我想要知道
about what happened to you in London.
你在倫敦發生了什么事
Why is it so important to you?
這對你很重要嗎
Because if I'm gonna stay with you,
因為如果我決定和你并肩作戰
I need to know everything.
我需要知道一切
Actually, you don't need to know anything
其實,你不必知道事情的來龍去脈
other than that I'm a recovering addict.
你只需要知道我是一個正在戒毒的癮君子
You want to know about London because you think
你想知道在倫敦發生的一切
it'll connect us in a more meaningful way.
是因為你覺得那樣能與我建立感情的紐帶
But in case you hadn't noticed,
看來你還沒有發現
I don't have meaningful connections.
我不會建立感情的紐帶
Why are you smiling?
你笑什么
Because now I know it was a woman.
因為我終于知道那和一個女人有關
What makes you say that?
為什么這么說
You're trying too hard.
你欲蓋彌彰了
Just like you were the other day with that tattooed lady.
就和你對那位紋身女士的描述一樣
All that sex is repellent crap.
說什么性愛讓人厭惡的鬼話
You can connect to people.
你可以與人深入交流
It just frightens you.
你只是害怕
My bail hearing is at 9:00 tomorrow.
我的保釋聽證會明天9點開始
I trust I'll see you there.
我相信你會來的
You're late, Miss Watson.
你遲到了,華生小姐
That barrister was rubbish.
我的辯護律師太爛了
I need to show you something.
我有東西給你看
This is Peter Saldua's medical file.
這是彼得·塞杜爾的醫療檔案
Look under the "Known allergies" Heading.
看看已知過敏源的內容
This was taken the morning his body was found.
這張照片是在案發現場拍攝的
Weird, right?
很奇怪吧
No, actually.
不,實際
Not even a little.
一點都不奇怪
Dr. Mantlo?
曼特羅醫生
Sorry for the wait.
抱歉讓您久等了
I appreciate you giving me an opportunity
我很感謝你能給我這個機會
to apologize face-to-face for what happened last night.
讓我當面為昨晚發生的事情道歉
I can't promise it'll change my mind
我不敢保證我會因此不去
about suing the department
當局控訴你們的顧問
over what your consultant did to my car, but it's a start.
撞壞我的車,但這是個好開頭
There is, uh, just one thing I wanted to ask you.
我只有一件事想問你
Did you ever treat Peter Saldua as a patient?
你做過彼得·塞杜爾的心理醫生嗎
You have a funny way of saying you're sorry, Captain.
你道歉的方式真的很特別,警監
It's a simple question, Doctor.
這只是個簡單的問題,醫生
No. I never treated Peter Saldua.
沒有,我從沒有治療過彼得·塞杜爾
I never even met the man.
我從未見過那個人
Now, if that's it,
如果沒別的事
I am late for an appointment with my attorney.
我得去見我的律師了
Detective!
警探
You know you're just digging yourself deeper,
你知道你們是在自掘墳墓嗎
putting this man in the same room with me?
竟敢讓我和他共處一室
Dr. Mantlo, this is a medical form
曼特羅醫生,這是彼得·塞杜爾
completed by Peter Saldua for another of his doctors.
在另一位醫生那里填寫的病例
As I've told you before, Mr. Holmes-I was never...
正如我之前所說的,我從來
My assistant, Miss Watson, was perusing it last night
我的助手華生小姐,昨晚認真查看了
when she very astutely noticed that Saldua had a rather strong
她敏銳地發現塞杜爾對大米
allergy to rice.
有嚴重過敏癥狀
This is ridiculous.
這太扯了
Hmm. As I was saying,
正如我所說的
Miss Watson noticed Saldua's allergy to rice,
華生小姐發現塞杜爾對大米過敏
so you can imagine her confusion
所以你能想象當她看見
when she remembered seeing a sack of the stuff
他的柜子里有一袋大米時
sitting on one of his shelves.
她內心有多么的困惑
We also found a credit card receipt
我們還有信用卡賬單
that told us he had bought it
顯示他是在
exactly three days before his death.
死前三天買的大米
Odd that, right?
很奇怪吧
Him going to the store
一個人去商店
and buying the one thing he's allergic to.
買了自己過敏的東西
Odder still, it was the same day he stopped using his cell phone.
更奇怪的是,從那天開始他停用了電話
First, I thought that was by choice.
一開始,我以為是個人原因導致的
Then I remembered the overturned washing machine.
后來我想起了那臺翻倒的洗衣機
What does a bag of rice
一袋大米
and an overturned washing machine
和一臺翻倒的洗衣機
have to do with anything?
能說明什么
I was wrong the other day
前幾天是我錯了
when I accused you of taking Saldua's phone
我指控你在殺死塞杜爾后
after you murdered him.
拿走了他的手機
You wanted to take it, but you couldn't, could you?
你想要拿走的,可是沒得逞,對吧
'Cause you couldn't find it.
因為你沒找到
He laundered it, you see?
他把手機扔進洗衣機里了
Left it in his pocket when he put his trousers in the wash.
忘記拿出來,就和褲子一起洗了
But the time he realized, it was too late.
當他發現的時候,已經來不及了
The phone that he'd turned into a virtual library
一座儲存心理治療過程的
of his therapy sessions was no longer functional.
虛擬圖書館就這么沒了
Furious with himself and suffering the effects
他對自己感到憤怒
of what he couldn't possibly have known
實際上,連他自己都不知道
was steroid intoxication,
這是類固醇中毒的癥狀
he destroyed the washer in a fit of rage.
他在暴怒之下,砸毀了洗衣機
And then he went to the nearest grocer's
然后去最近的一家商店
and purchased a bag of rice.
買了一袋大米
Rice, as you're apparently not aware, is a natural desiccant.
大米是一種天然的干燥劑
It can be used to absorb moisture
可以用來吸收
from electronic devices that have been immersed in water.
進到電子產品中的水份
We went to Saldua's home this morning
我們今早又去了塞杜爾家
and examined... his bag of rice.
檢查了那袋大米
You'll never guess what we found inside.
你怎么也猜不到我們找到了什么
Her name is Amy.
她叫艾米
And, um, when I see her,
每當我見到她時
I get these feelings, and I...
我都有這種感覺
Please, Dr. Mantlo,
拜托,曼特羅醫生
you need to help me.
你得幫我
You need to tell me how to stop myself from hurting her.
告訴我怎么樣才能不去傷害她
I don't want to hurt her. Please!
我不想傷害她,拜托
It's okay, Peter. It's...
沒關系,彼得
It's okay. I'm here for you.
沒關系的,我會幫你的
Let's try upping your meds, see where that leads us.
我們試著加大藥量,看看有什么效果
Now the two-one count.
現在比分是二比一
There's a drive deep into center field!
一個平直球,飛入中場深處
That has got to be...
得分的是
Yes!
好極了
A home run for Ryerson...
瑞爾森的全壘打
Can we please go to dinner now?
我們現在能去吃飯了嗎
It's the bottom of the ninth,
這可是比賽的關鍵時刻
the Mets are within one, and no one is out.
分差只有一分,而且還沒人出局呢
Okay, don't look at me like that.
別用那種眼神看我
You said you were gonna watch with me
是你自己說要陪我看球
to make up for last night.
來當做賠禮道歉的
That's before I got hungry.
前提是我不餓
Yeah, well, just because you don't understand something
好吧,只是因為你看不懂
doesn't mean it isn't awesome, okay?
不代表這比賽不精彩,好嗎
Actually, Miss Watson,
事實上,華生小姐
quite familiar with the American pastime.
我對這項美國全民消遣活動很了解
The other addicts at Hemdale would often gather
在漢德爾時,其他癮君子
in the common room to watch the matches on the telly.
總會聚在客廳看電視轉播的比賽
They're not "Matches," They're "Games."
那不叫比賽,叫球賽(指球賽時,美式用game,英式用match)
Truth be told,
說實話
I find the science of the sport quite fascinating.
這項運動背后的科學很讓人著迷
All of the statistical analysis, all of the strategy.
所有的數據分析,戰略分析
So if you'll allow me to save us both a little time...
如果你允許我為大家節省一點時間
Here he comes again.
又到他出場了
Pop up to center.
突然出現在中場
Intentional walk, game-ending double play.
故意保送上壘,比賽以雙殺結束
Final score-Reds of Cincinnati-- three,
最終比分,辛辛那提紅人隊三分
Metropolitans of New York-- two.
紐約大都會兩分
Yeah, right. Nice try.
你想得美
A high fly ball again...
又是一個高飛球
I'll meet you at the door.
我在門口等你
...caught...
接住
Bottom of the ninth...
比賽到了尾聲
There's a ground ball, right behind second...
這是一個地滾球
No! Oh! Damn!
不,該死的