How do you know this guy again?
你又是怎么認識這個人的
First time we've met, actually.
事實上,我們第一次見
Bit odd, I know.
我知道,有點奇怪
Postmortem bruising experiments
死后挫傷實驗更像是
are more of a third date activity.
第三次約會才進行的活動
No, I meant the attendant.
不,我說那個護工
You said he's a friend of yours.
你剛說他是你的朋友
We frequent the same beekeeping chat room.
我們常在一個養蜂聊天室里聊天
He has an impressive collection of Caucasians.
他有超多的高加索蜂
Species of bee.
蜜蜂的一種
Course it is.
我知道
This is important work, Watson.
華生,這實驗很重要
It's crucial to my work
對于一個偵探
as an investigator.
尤為重要
These nameless individuals agree,
這些無名的死者同意
which is why they have donated their bodies to science.
把他們的尸體貢獻給科學研究了
Now help me roll this one over, so I can try a chokehold.
現在幫我把他轉過去,我要做鎖喉實驗
I did say you were free not to join me for these experiments.
我說過你可以不和我一起做實驗的
I know.
我知道
It's hardly surprising that being in a hospital
作為一個有過恥辱史的外科醫生
makes you uncomfortable,
你在醫院里會感到不適
you being a disgraced surgeon at all.
一點都不奇怪
I'm fine, okay?
我很好
You've had your arms crossed
到這里后
for 13 of the 15 minutes that we've been here.
有13到15分鐘你一直雙臂交叉
It's a classic self-comforting posture,
這是典型的自我安慰的姿勢
an attempt to neutralize the distress signals
是為了抵消你大腦邊緣系統
being sent by your limbic system.
發出的焦慮信號
Of course, it is possible that your stress is subconscious
當然,也可能你的壓力來自于潛意識
and you really do believe that you're fine.
而你自己相信你很好
But given that your eyes are
而且考慮到你在說謊時
doing that thing they do when you lie,
你的眼睛會有某種小動作
I sincerely doubt that's the case.
我真的懷疑你的話
I'm not lying. Doing it again.
我沒說謊, 又來了
Okay, I go where you go, remember?
你到哪我到哪,記得不
My comfort doesn't factor in here.
我并沒有考慮我舒心與否
If it did, I would not have bought tickets
如果是的話,我就不會買今天
to the Arms and Armor Exhibit at the Met today.
在大都會舉辦的武器盔甲展的票了
Yes, they're displaying new examples of lorica squamata.
是啊,他們今天會展出新的穿鱗甲
Should be quite fascinating.
應該很有吸引力
Just keep an eye on the clock.
注意點時間
If we don't leave in 20, we're gonna be late.
再過20分鐘,我們就要遲到了
It's relly good.
感覺真好
Thank you, Bruce.
布魯斯,多謝
Good luck with the new hive.
好好使用新蜂房哦
This body-- when's it being autopsied?
這個尸體,什么時候尸檢
Never. Funeral home's picking him up soon.
不尸檢,殯儀館馬上就來接走他
Died about an hour ago.
一小時之前死的
From a heart attack.
死于心力衰竭
Yeah. How'd you know that?
對,你怎么知道的
There's a tiny blue dot on the patient's head,
死者頭上有一個小藍點
just below the hairline.
就在發際線下方
That's a tattoo used to target radiation treatment,
這是一個用于定位化療的標記
which means the patient had brain cancer;
說明死者生前有腦癌
blood clots are a common complication.
而血凝塊是常見的并發癥
He threw a clot, which led to a pulmonary embolism,
他產生了血液凝塊,從而導致肺栓塞
which led to a heart attack.
最后死于心力衰竭
Huh. We're in agreement on the heart attack.
我也同意他是死于心力衰竭
As to how it happened, you're completely off base.
但對于其誘因,你就大錯特錯了
What room was he in when he died?
他死于哪間病房
704
704
Where are you going?
你要去哪
The heart attack was intended to look natural,
心力衰竭看似是正常的死因
but it was induced with epinephrine.
但其實是腎上腺素導致的
You've got it backwards.
你一定是弄錯了
Epinephrine is adrenaline; it's given in all cardiac codes.
腎上腺素是激素,是心臟病的常規用藥
That's why it's perfect.
這就是高明之處
Excuse me. The man who died in this room--
打擾一下,剛才死在這個房間里的人
was there anybody with him when the code thingy went off?
在他的心臟停跳時,有沒有人和他一起
No.
沒有
Sir, that room is being...
先生,這個房間在...
Stop cleaning immediately.
立刻停止清掃
Don't touch anything else.
別碰任何東西
Who are you?
你是誰
You should probably take care of that
你應該在別人摔個屁墩之前
before somebody slips and falls.
把那清掃干凈
What is wrong with you?
你腦子沒問題吧
How about you explain what's going on
在清潔工回來之前
before he lets himself back in?
你是不是要把事情解釋清楚
Note the mark on the dead man's finger.
注意死者手指上的標記
Care to identify it?
看清楚了嗎
It's ischemia.
這是局部缺血
Tissue death due to constriction
肘關節的血管收縮
in the blood vessels in the elbow.
導致的組織死亡
Probably caused by the epinephrine going into his arm.
可能是注射到他手臂的激素引起的
And if he only received the epinephrine during the code,
如果只在心臟停跳過程中注射了激素
after his heart had stopped...
在他心臟停跳后
It wouldn't have had time to cause the ischemia.
就不會引起局部缺血
So, as far as what's going on, Watson,
華生,根據現在所調查的情況
we're investigating a murder.
我們在調查一起謀殺案
Sir, please open the door!
先生,請開門
We should let them in.
我們應該讓他們進來
We can explain. While we explain,
我們可以解釋, 在我們解釋的時候
they will ruin our crime scene.
他們會毀掉犯罪現場
Lend me your former expertise, come on.
我需要你以前的專業知識,快來
The nurse said the victim was alone when he coded,
護士說受害者死亡的時候只有一個人
but epinephrine is fast-acting.
但是腎上腺素是快速起效的
So, how did our killer buy himself time to escape
所以,兇手是怎么在受害者
before the onset of the heart attack?
心力衰竭以前逃離這里的
Well, if he injected the EPI into the I.V.
如果他把腎上腺素摻入靜脈注射里
and then lowered the rate on the infusion pump,
然后降低輸液泵的速率
he would have at least ten minutes
那他在患者心臟停跳之前
before the patient coded.
至少有十分鐘可以逃跑
It appears to be set at 40cc's an hour.
它被調至每小時40毫升
That's just basic maintenance fluid-- water, dextrose.
只是基本的營養液,葡糖糖和水
There's no reason it should be slower than 100cc's.
沒有理由要調至100毫升以下
Someone did turn the pump down.
有人調整過輸液泵
Then we have our method.
我們知道殺人手法了
All right, we're coming in!
好了,我們要進去了
Sherlock, they're gonna break down the door.
夏洛克,他們要闖進來了
Yeah, well, saves us the bother of opening it.
剛好給我們節省了開門的麻煩
I can live with missing the squamata at the Met,
我可以忍受錯過盔甲展覽
but I'd rather not get arrested.
但是我可不想被逮捕
Gentlemen, could one of you point me in the direction
先生們,你們誰愿意給我指一下
of the administrator's office?
醫院主任的辦公室在哪
This is ridiculous.
真荒謬
We're wasting valuable time.
我們在浪費寶貴的時間
Just be glad the captain got here when he did.
你應該慶幸警監還是來了
You could've ended up in the psych ward.
不然你就被送去精神病房了
Sure you'd have been devastated.
那你一定會傷心死的
Joanie?
喬尼
Carrie, hi.
凱莉
I didn't know you were working here.
我不知道你在這里工作啊
It's been, what, about a year and a half?
大概有一年半了吧
Isn't this a small world?
世界真小啊
Carrie, this is my friend Sherlock Holmes.
凱莉,這是我的朋友夏洛克·福爾摩斯
Sherlock, this is Dr. Carrie Dwyer.
夏洛克,這是凱莉·德耶爾醫生
Hey. We used to work together.
你好, 我曾經的同事
Interesting that she didn't refer to you as her friend.
有趣的是,她沒有說你是她的朋友
Probably because of your falling out.
可能是因為你的離去
You call her by a familiar nickname and
你叫她親切的昵稱
you haven't spoken in a year and a half.
但是你們一年半沒有往來
What was it that drove you two apart?
是什么使你們分開了
A man, job?
男人,工作
Failed sapphic dalliance?
同性戀求愛失敗
Fingers crossed for the last one.
最后一次十指交纏
He's got a form of Tourette's.
他有穢語抽動綜合征
Are you interviewing for the spot in Cardiothoracic?
你是來心胸科現場面試的嗎
No, actually, I'm done with medicine.
不,事實上,我已經不從醫了
I thought your suspension was only for a couple months?
我認為,你只會停職幾個月
It was.
沒錯
I decided to move on.
是我決定重新開始
Holmes.
福爾摩斯
It was good seeing you again.
很高興能再見到你
Yeah, you, too.
我也是
Holmes, Ms. Watson, this is Mr. Sanchez.
福爾摩斯,華生女士,這是桑切斯先生
Administrator, correct?
院主任,是嗎
Aka the guy who's still not convinced he shouldn't
也就是那個現在還沒有說服自己
press charges against you for
不會因為你把自己
barricading yourself in one of our rooms.
關在我們的病房里而起訴你的人
And what's your role here?
你的角色是什么
Do you reach things off high shelves for this one?
幫這個人從高架子上拿東西嗎
I'm Dr. Baldwin, I'm the Head of Surgery.
我是鮑德溫醫生,外科主任
And you were treating the dead man?
是你在治療那個死者嗎
No, but seeing as he was pre-surgical,
不,但鑒于他當時即將接受手術
it does fall under my departmental purview.
那是在我們部門的管轄范圍之內
All right, here's how things are gonna shake out here.
好吧,事情是這樣的
Once you apologize to Mr. Sanchez...
一旦你向桑切斯先生道歉
Apologize? I alerted him to a murder at his hospital.
道歉,我讓他留意醫院里的謀殺案
Once you've apologized to Mr. Sanchez,
一旦你向桑切斯先生道歉
he'll release the body to our M.E.
他就會把尸體移交給法醫
and allow CSU full access to the room.
并允許犯罪現場小組進入病房
That's it?
就這樣
You should count yourself lucky
能得到這么大的權限
you're getting that much.
你應該知足了
We need the dead man's name,
我們要知道死者的名字
access to his medical records.
查看他的病歷
It would be a flagrant violation of HIPAA guidelines.
這是對健康保險便利責任法案的公然侵犯
Not to mention the patient's privacy.
更別說病患的隱私了
He's dead; do you think he's worried about his privacy?
他都死了,你覺得他會擔心自己的隱私嗎
Holmes.
福爾摩斯
Can't believe I had to apologize to that pencil-pusher.
真不敢相信我要對那個小職員道歉
Would you have preferred he press charges?
那你寧愿被他起訴嗎
Why are you in such a hurry?
你干嘛這么著急
We need to find the woman.
我們得找到那個女人
The one who brought the victim coffee before he was murdered.
就是在死者遇害之前給他買咖啡的女人
There were two coffee cups in his trash.
他的垃圾桶里有兩個咖啡杯
One of them had lipstick on the lid.
其中一個的杯蓋上還有口紅印
Obviously a woman brought him coffee shortly before he died.
顯然在他死前,有個女人給他買了咖啡
You think she killed him? It's possible.
你認為是她殺了他, 有可能
At the very least, she might be able to tell us his name!
至少她或許能告訴我們他的名字
But we don't know anything about her.
但是我們對她一無所知
No, but Dave might.
是的,不過或許戴夫知道
Who's Dave?
戴夫是誰
It's from a place called Think Coffee.
這紙條來自一家叫"輕咖啡"的咖啡館
The barista, Dave, put his name
咖啡師戴夫把他的名字
and number on the back. Number's smudged,
和號碼寫在了背面,號碼上有污漬
so we can't call him, unfortunately.
所以我們沒法給他打電話
We'll just have to find him at work.
我們得去他上班的地方找他
Well, how do you know Dave was a barista and not a customer?
你是怎么知道戴夫是咖啡師而不是顧客
Well, the receipt says she was charged for two small coffees,
收據上寫著她買了兩小杯咖啡
she received two large.
她卻拿到兩個大杯的
Dave was flirting.
戴夫對她有意思
Tall half-skinny, half-two-percent, extra hot,
大杯,半份百分之二脫脂牛奶,加溫
split quad shot latte with whip.
分開的四倍濃度的拿鐵,打出泡沫
These coffee orders-- the Magna Carta was less complicated.
自由大憲法比這些咖啡訂單簡單多了
Quite informative running into your former friend, Carrie.
你那個叫凱莉的朋友給我提供了不少信息
You'd allowed me to assume you were no longer
你讓我以為你已經
permitted to practice medicine.
被禁止從醫了
I'm not. I let my license expire.
沒錯啊,我的執照過期了
But that was your choice.
不過那是你的選擇
I hadn't realized
我無法想象
quite how traumatic it must have been, losing your patient.
失手害死病人會是多么得令人痛苦
It's no small thing, walking away from a career
放棄一份需要12年訓練的職業
requiring 12 years of training.
可不是小事
It's pretty hard to be a surgeon when you freeze up
每次別人給你遞來解剖刀時,你就呆住
every time someone hands you a scalpel.
那當個外科醫生也挺難的
I just didn't trust myself anymore.
我只是無法再信任自己
What can I do for you folks?
需要點什么
Help us return this to its rightful owner.
幫我們找到失主
I give out my number a lot.
我經常把我的號碼給別人
Got to be in it to win it, you know?
不入虎穴,焉得虎子,對吧
Speaking of which, can I interest you
話說回來,有興趣喝一杯
in a complimentary chai?
迎客茶嗎
No, thanks.
不了,謝謝
The receipt indicates she was here 8:35 am,
收據上寫著她早上8點35分來過這里
wearing deep red lipstick.
涂著深紅色的口紅
Oh, yeah, the blonde.
對了,是那個金發女郎
Cleavage, tight white skirt, heels.
露著乳溝,穿著緊身白色短裙和高跟鞋
And her perfume.
還有她的香水
I mean, how often do you meet a sexy doctor?
你多久才能碰到一個性感醫生
How do you know she was a doctor?
你怎么知道她是個醫生
She was wearing a white lab coat under her jacket.
她在夾克里面穿了一件白色的工作服
Ms. Cleavage is not a doctor.
乳溝女士不是醫生
Of course she wasn't.
她當然不是了
No doctor would wear her lab coat out of the hospital.
沒有醫生會在醫院以外的地方穿工作服
Nor would she wear revealing attire or heavy perfume,
她也不會穿暴露的衣服,噴濃烈的香水
which could trigger a patient's asthma attack
那可能會導致病人哮喘
or chemical sensitivity.
或者化學過敏
The lab coat is a bit confounding, though.
不過工作服還是挺讓人困惑的
Actually, I don't think it is.
其實我不這么認為
This chain only has two stores in New York City,
這個連鎖品牌在紐約只有兩家門店
so we have a 50/50 shot
所以我們有一半的機會
of finding our blonde here.
在這里找到那個金發女郎
Try one in one.
看來我們一擊即中了
I can't believe Trent's dead.
我不敢相信特倫特死了
How exactly did you know Mister...?
你是怎么認識...
Kelty, Trent Kelty. We were neighbors.
凱爾蒂,特倫特·凱爾蒂,我們是鄰居
A few months ago, he told me he was having trouble seeing.
幾個月前他告訴我他視力下降
He just thought he needed new glasses.
他以為只需要換副新眼鏡就好了
Then they found the tumor.
結果他被診斷出了腫瘤
After he lost his eyesight completely,
他完全失明之后
I started visiting more.
我就經常去看他
I used to read him the sports section from the Post.
我常常為他閱讀郵報上的體育專欄
You two were close.
你們兩個挺親密的
Honestly,
說實話
I just felt bad for him.
我為他感到可惜
Seemed like the right thing to do, you know?
這應該是正確的行為
What time did you leave the hospital this morning?
你今早什么時候離開的醫院
Oh, a little after 9:30. Why?
9點半過一點,為什么問這個
Because we have reason to believe Mr. Kelty succumbed
因為我們有理由相信凱爾蒂先生
to something other than natural causes.
是死于非命
You think he was murdered?
你們認為他是被謀殺的
Oh, quite certain, I'm afraid.
恐怕是相當肯定
Did anyone see you leave the hospital?
有人看見你離開醫院嗎
Someone from the nurses' station?
比如護士站的人
I don't know.
我不知道
Um, I can give you my Metro card.
我可以給你我的地鐵乘車卡
That'll tell you what time I caught my train
那個可以告訴你我離開后
after I left.
何時上的車
I place Trent Kelty's death around 10:30.
我推測凱爾蒂的死亡時間在10點半左右
If she left at 9:30...
如果她是9點半離開的
Too early for the EPI to have been administered.
注射腎上腺素還太早
She couldn't be the killer.
她不可能是兇手
Thank you.
謝謝你
Can you think of anyone who would've
你能想起任何想要傷害
wished to harm Mr. Kelty?
凱爾蒂先生的人嗎
Family member, romantic partner, business partner.
家庭成員,伴侶,生意伙伴
One of the reasons I made a point
我去看望特倫特的原因之一
to visit Trent was he was so alone.
就是他很孤單
No family, hardly any friends.
沒有家人,也沒什么朋友
The only other person he used to talk to was this doctor
除我以外他唯一的聊天對象就是
that used to come by at night.
晚上來看望他的醫生
His doctor visited him at night?
他的醫生晚上去看望他
Not his oncologist.
不是他的腫瘤醫生
Just a doctor at the hospital.
就是醫院的一個醫生
They used to talk about his cancer, how to manage the pain.
他們談論他的癌癥,以及如何應對疼痛
It seemed like he was helping Trent
似乎他是在幫助特倫特
cope with what was coming.
應對隨之而來的情況
His cancer was terminal?
他的癌癥是晚期的嗎
He only had a few months to live.
他只有幾個月可活
You didn't know?
你們不知道嗎
You didn't happen to cut up
他今早的食物
his food for him this morning, did you?
不是你幫他切的吧
Oh, the pancake?
那個餅嗎
No, it was like that when I got there.
不是,我到那的時候它就那樣了
Why?
問這個干嘛
Whoever cut up Trent Kelty's breakfast
為特倫特·凱爾蒂切餅的人
came back after Jacqueline left, killed him.
在杰奎琳離開后返回,殺害了他
We may have a much bigger problem on our hands
我們現在可能有比今早的謀殺案
than this morning's homicide.
更棘手的問題
Because of the pancakes?
因為那個餅嗎
You know I dislike proposing a theory in its formative stages
你知道我不喜歡在對結論胸有成竹之前
before I feel confident of its conclusions.
就提出一個還在形成階段的猜測
Tell me.
說說怕什么
We know that Trent Kelty's killer
我們知道殺害凱爾蒂的兇手
had some degree of medical expertise.
精通一定程度的醫術
We also know that Trent was visited almost exclusively
我們還知道特倫特幾乎只有一個看望者
by a man claiming to be a doctor,
那人自稱為醫生
a man who I believe cut an adult's food
一個把成人分量的食物
into child-size bites.
切成適合兒童大小的人
Now, why would a killer do that?
為什么兇手要這么做
It reflects a particular... mindset.
它反映出一種特殊的習慣
That of an individual who tended to Trent's needs
那個人滿足特倫特的需求
not out of empathy but out of a craving for his dependence.
不是出于憐憫,而是由于渴望他的依賴
And that mindset, in turn, reflects
那種習慣,反過來,反映出
a particular kind of killer:
一個特殊的殺手
one who chooses victims who are sick and weak,
他專門挑選病弱的受害者下手
one whose victims, he believes, are doomed to die.
他認為自己的受害者注定會死
A man who would be drawn to someone with a few months to live.
他會被只剩幾個月生命的人所吸引
Someone whose preferred hunting ground is a hospital. Why?
他的狩獵場是醫院,為什么
Because it provides an endless supply of victims.
因為那里能無限量供應受害者
You're talking about an Angel of Death.
你說的是死亡天使
If I'm right,
如果我是對的
Angels are prolific, relentless.
那"天使"嗜血而無情
Even if Trent Kelty was our Angel's first kill,
凱爾蒂可能是"天使"的首個目標
it won't be his last.
但絕不會是最后一個
Angel of Death here? I don't know,
這里有死亡天使,我不清楚
we've got some pretty top-notch people on board.
我們這有很多頂尖的人才
I think they would have sniffed it out.
他們應該會察覺到
It is just a theory, for the moment,
這暫時只是個猜測
but I've been right about everything so far.
不過目前為止我都是對的
The autopsy showed that Trent Kelty's epinephrine level
尸檢顯示特倫特·凱爾蒂的腎上腺素水平
was well in excess of what he received during the code.
遠超他心臟停跳時需注射的量
He was murdered.
他是被謀殺的
I'm very sorry to hear that.
聽到這個消息我很難過
If I'm going to prove
如果我要證明
that someone is killing patients here, I need information,
有人在這里殺害患者,我需要信息
access to all medical records of in-hospital deaths
查看所有院內死亡者的醫療記錄
and all logs relating to the supply and usage of epinephrine.
還有提供和使用腎上腺素的全部記錄
Why are you talking to me?
為什么跟我說
Sanchez handles all the records.
桑切斯管理所有的記錄
I'm not talking to him, because I know that he'll say no.
我不會去跟他談,我知道他會拒絕我
I came to see you, because you smiled
我來找你是因為今天早上
when I made fun of his height this morning.
我開他身高玩笑的時候你笑了
You don't like him.
你不喜歡他
I don't blame you.
這不怪你
You're also the head of a very important department,
你還是一個重要部門的主管
so your opinion carries a lot of weight around here.
你的意見在這里分量很重
Okay, I'll talk to him.
好的,我會跟他說的
And by "talk," I mean I will threaten
我這個"說"的意思是會威脅
to hold a press conference to express my grave concerns
要召開新聞發布會,表達我對
regarding this hospital's apparent indifference
可能有殺人犯在大廳里閑逛
to the possibility that a murderer may be stalking its halls.
卻遭到醫院忽視這件事的高度關注
You should have everything you need in a couple of hours.
你會在幾小時內得到你想要的一切
All this 'cause you made a couple of short jokes.
這都是因為你那些小玩笑
Any luck?
運氣吧
Luck is an offensive, abhorrent concept.
運氣是個無禮的,可恨的概念
The idea that there is a force in the universe
認為宇宙中有一股力量
tilting events in your favor
幫助你改變事物
or against it is ridiculous.
或對抗事物,太可笑了
Idiots rely on luck.
白癡才靠運氣
So that'd be a "No."
靠實力,行了吧
Fill me in.
給我說說
Maybe I can help.
或許我能幫上忙
12 years of training, remember?
12年的訓練,記得嗎
We're in my wheelhouse.
這是我擅長的領域
Over the past two years at Chandler Memorial,
錢德勒醫院在過去兩年里
73 seriously ill patients have died of cardiac events.
有73名重癥患者因心臟問題死亡
Well, chances are some of those are natural.
問題是其中有一些是正常死亡
I mean, sick people do have heart attacks and die.
病弱的人的確容易死于心力衰竭
Which means that one, none, or some of them
也就是說這其中有一個或者一些人
may have fallen victim to the same person who killed Kelty.
是像凱爾蒂那樣被同一個人殺害的
But without the Angel's victims, I can't see his pattern,
但沒有受害者名單,我無法推斷他的模式
and without his pattern, I can't develop a list of suspects.
沒有模式,我就沒法列出嫌疑人名單
Okay, so forget potential victims.
好了,先別管潛在的受害者
Let's focus on the murder weapon.
我們來關注一下作案兇器
Epinephrine is hard to get ahold of.
腎上腺素很難搞到
Even if our killer had a prescription
就算我們的兇手因為過敏
because of an allergy,
搞到了處方
he would have a very limited amount. It's more likely...
他也只能拿到很少的劑量,更有可能
That he nicked it from the hospital pharmacy.
他是從醫院藥房里偷的
I already checked the records. The pharmacy reported
我已經查過記錄了,藥房的報告說
epinephrine missing on only two occasions,
腎上腺素只丟了兩次
neither of which corresponds to any of the 73 cardiac events.
兩次都不在這73人遇害期間
Okay, then, the crash carts.
好的,那救護車呢
It's stocked with EPI,
那里有備用的腎上腺素
and they're usually unlocked.
通常都是不上鎖的
I think the logs are over here.
工作記錄在那里
Okay, during 2011,
好的, 2011年間
EPI went missing from various crash carts
救護車丟失腎上腺素
on January 6...
1月6日
March 19...
3月19日
March 27...
3月27日
June 20... October 28.
6月20日, 10月28日
That's a fair amount of a drug to go missing
沒人注意到這么大量的
without anyone raising an alarm, no?
藥物丟失,是吧
You know, hospitals are more worried about oxy
醫院更擔心氧氣機以及
and other opiates being sold on the street.
在街邊販賣的其他類型的麻醉劑
EPI doesn't qualify.
腎上腺素沒那么重要
You ready for 2012?
準備好2012年的了嗎
'Kay, February 17...
好的, 2月17日
April 4...
4月4日
May 25...
5月15日
September 19.
9月19日
Each of the dates you mentioned
你報出的每一個日期
corresponds with one of the 73 cardiac deaths.
都能對應上這73人中的一個
If you're right, he's killed nine people.
如果你是對的,他已經殺了九個人
We have our pattern; now we'll find our suspects.
找到了模式,現在要開始找嫌疑人
23 suspects is a lot--
23名嫌犯可不是個小數目
How long do you think it's gonna take you
你認為你和貝爾警探
and Detective Bell to interview them?
要花上多少時間走訪他們
Far less time than it would have taken to interview
肯定比開始時調查
the roughly 2,000 male doctors and nurses I started with.
約2000名男性醫生和護士的時間要短
I cross-referenced time cards to identify
我參照了工作卡
men who were working on the days of the murders,
確認有誰在案發當天上班
then eliminated those who did not have ready access
然后去掉那些沒有進入
to floors where the deaths occurred.
案發樓層權限的
You said nurses-Kelty told his neighbor
說到護士,凱爾蒂告訴他的鄰居
that the man who visited him was a doctor.
來看他的人是個醫生
Kelty was blind from his tumor, remember?
凱爾蒂因為腫瘤瞎了,還記得嗎
For all he knew, his visitor could've been a circus clown.
他的探訪者還可能是個馬戲團小丑呢
You go get started-I'm gonna meet Carrie
你去調查吧,我去見一下凱莉
for a coffee, see if she can point us
喝杯咖啡,看看她能不能
in the direction of any hospital oddballs.
告訴我們有關醫院里怪人的信息
About yesterday, I got a bit carried away.
昨天我有點激動了
Apologies.
抱歉
It's all right.
沒關系
Shouldn't you be in the conference room
你難道不該在會議室
starting your interrogations?
進行你的詢問嗎
Well, I thought I'd start here.
我覺得應該從這里開始
With me? You serious?
詢問我,你認真的
I got you access to those files.
我讓你查看那些文件了
Calculated risk. Perfect way to deflect suspicion
你是在預期風險,讓我查看文件
in the event I eventually got access.
來完美地消除嫌疑
Okay.
好吧
If you say so. By now,
如果你非要這么說, 現在
I'm sure you've realized three of the nine patients
我相信你已經意識到,我認定的九個
I believe fell victim to the Angel were yours.
"天使"的受害者中,有三個是你的患者
Coincidence?
巧合嗎
Uh, actually... no.
實際上,不是
Not at all.
完全不是
According to you, the Angel kills severely ill patients.
據你所說, "天使"謀殺的是病危的患者
I operate on the sickest people we got.
我給院里最嚴重的病人動手術
Still, your practice shares a certain casual attitude
不過,你的舉動表現出你對生死
towards life and death.
漫不經心的態度
Your mortality rates go up each year.
你的病人死亡率年年攀升
That's because I take on patients that
因為我接受的病人都是
no one else will treat. Last year the hospital
沒人愿意治療的, 去年醫院
forced you to stop performing an experimental procedure
強迫你停止執行一項失敗率
when you racked up a 75% failure rate.
累計有75%的實驗程序
There are risks associated with innovation.
創新總是有風險的
Lawsuits among them.
期間還有控訴
Among your failures
在你失敗的病例中
were two fatalities, each of which
有兩起意外死亡,當他們的家人
cost the hospital several million dollars
控告時,醫院賠給了每個人
when the families sued.
幾百萬美元
It's my understanding
我的理解是
you've been on unofficial probation
你還處在非正式禁止行醫中
since then-- one more mistake,
鑒于如此,再犯一個錯誤
you're gone from Chandler Memorial,
你就得離開錢德勒醫院了
complete with a recommendation to the State Board
還會附贈一封推薦信給護理局
to suspend your license.
讓他們吊銷你的行醫執照
Now, maybe you started killing patients
也許,你是通過殺害病人
to punish the hospital for losing faith in you.
來懲罰醫院對你的不信任
Or perhaps you just wanted to feel like God again.
也許你只是很享受成為上帝的感覺
Okay, do you really want to know why I'm not
你真的很想知道我為什么不是
the killer that you're looking for?
你想找的兇手嗎
This Angel, if he exists,
如果"天使"存在的話
kills people who are pain.
他替那些痛苦的人結束苦難
It's a mission of mercy.
這算是一種善行
Me, I'm a surgeon.
我呢,我只是個醫生
My favorite kind of patient is unconscious on a table
我最喜歡是躺在手術臺上毫無意識
with a tube down his throat.
嘴里還插著管子的病人
These people, to be honest,
說實話,對于這些死者
I'm not really interested
我一點都不關心
in whether they're suffering or not.
他們現在痛不痛苦
It doesn't... really affect me,
這種事情根本不會影響到我
and that's what makes me exceptional at what I do.
這也就是我現在這么成功的原因
So you're too indifferent to your patients
所以,你對病人毫無憐憫之心
to be the Angel of Death.
你不可能是死亡天使
Novel alibi.
好新奇的托辭
Well, there's also the fact
同時,昨天
that, uh, at the time Mr. Kelty was killed...
在凱爾蒂先生被殺
yesterday...
的時候
I was on a train from my home in White Plains.
我正從白原市來這里的火車上
But I got to get back to work, and, uh...
我現在要開始工作了
it seems like you do, too.
你也該繼續你的工作了
Your friend who works with the police,
你那個給警察工作的朋友
he's sure there's an Angel here?
他確定醫院里有位"天使"嗎
Well, "Sure" Is a strong word,
他也不是百分百確定
but the pattern is pretty hard to deny.
但這些人的死亡確實是有模式的
Crap, I got to run.
不巧,我得走了
I have this pre-op consult. Okay.
我有個術前談話, 好的
You know, why don't you come with me?
你和我一起來吧
I'll keep trying to think of weirdos.
我可以幫你分析找到那個兇手
No, thanks, that's fine. Yeah, come on.
不用了,謝謝, 來嘛
It'll only take a few minutes.
就幾分鐘而已
Hi, Morgan.
你好,摩根
This is my old friend, Joan Watson.
這是我的老朋友,喬恩·華生
Morgan's here 'cause she tore her ACL.
摩根傷了前交叉韌帶
Let me guess.
讓我猜猜
Soccer player, right wing?
足球運動員,右翼前鋒嗎
Center, actually.
我是中場
Heart of the offense-- nice.
進攻的核心啊,真棒
Okay, can you flex your knee for me?
好了,你能彎一下腿嗎
Are you a doctor, too?
你也是醫生嗎
No. Not anymore.
不,已經不是了
How come?
為什么
I'm just gonna take a listen to your heart.
我要聽一下你的心跳
I'm afraid I'm a little confused, Detective.
警探,我有些疑惑
'Cause most of the people you're asking me about
因為你問到的大部分人
weren't even my patients.
都不是我的病人
Well, all nine of them died of cardiac events
這九位都是在你值班時
while you were on shift. Oh, wow.
死于心臟病, 我的天啊
Nine sick people died in a hospital.
死在醫院的九個病人
You assisted in several of their operations.
其中幾個動手術時,是你做的助手
Yes, I'm a surgical resident--
是的,我是個外科住院醫生
I am involved in lots of surgeries.
要參與很多手術
Look, I have been on call for the last 29 hours,
聽著,我已經連續工作29個小時了
haven't slept, barely eaten,
沒有睡覺,沒吃東西
and still have an hour drive home, so...
還需要開一個小時的車回家,所以
is there anything else I can help you with?
我還有什么能幫到你們的嗎
Yeah, this guy here, James Romano,
有,這個人,名叫詹姆士·羅馬諾
had pancreatic cancer.
患有胰腺癌
One of the worst forms there is.
胰腺癌晚期
I know, 'cause...
我知道,是因為
that's what killed my grandmother.
我祖母就死于胰腺癌
Sometimes I wish...
有時我特別想
I wish there had been someone there
特別希望能有人
with the strength to, uh...
有能力
end her pain.
去結束她的痛苦
You think someone killed this man?
你認為有人殺了他
Th-The other patients, too?
其他病人也是被謀殺嗎
He does. That's why he's trying to gain your confidence,
正是,所以他試著取得你的信任
suggest to you that he's on your side,
暗示他是支持你的
that he actually empathizes with someone
對那些以正當理由
who would take a life for the right reasons.
結束他人生命的人,他心存同情
Only he's wasting his time. You're free to go.
他只是在浪費我時間,你可以走了
You want to tell me why you did that?
你能告訴我為什么要那么做嗎
Because it's highly unlikely that he's our Angel.
因為他不是"天使"
That guy was so nervous, he was about to come out of his skin.
那個人很緊張,他就要頂不住了
You saw how he was tapping his keychain.
你看到他一直在敲鑰匙
I also saw how he stopped tapping when he realized
我也看到當他意識到
the only reason he was called in here
是因為謀殺的事情
was because of the patient deaths.
被叫來問話時,就不敲了
Suddenly he relaxed and the tapping stopped.
突然就放松了,不再敲鑰匙了
Which means...
也就是說
even if he is a creep,
即使他不太正常
he's probably not our killer.
他也不是我們要找的兇手
And given the number of suspects we have left to question...
鑒于我們還有很多審訊要做
I'll bring in the next interview.
我叫下一個進來
Thanks for your help in there.
謝謝你剛才的幫助
She's been pretty scared.
她很害怕
Sure.
不客氣
Hey, sorry if this is weird, but I noticed something in there.
我知道說這些不合適,但我發現了問題
Splinter hemorrhage under her toenail.
她的腳趾甲部位裂片形出血
Yeah, she's a soccer player.
對,她是足球運動員啊
She probably just jammed her toe--
她可能是壓到腳了
happens all the time. Or it could be endocarditis.
這經常發生, 或者她有心內膜炎
Joanie, come on.
喬恩,別這樣
She's a healthy 12-year-old girl
她是個12歲的健康女孩
with a bum knee, not an I.V. drug user
腿部有傷,不是扎針吸毒的人
or someone with a congenital heart defect.
也不是有先天心臟缺陷的人
I just checked her heart.
我剛才查了她的心臟
I heard no murmur and no rub.
沒有聽到任何雜音
If she has endocarditis,
如果她有心內膜炎
she could crash during her surgery.
她在手術過程中會死掉
Please, just to be safe, run an echocardiogram.
為安全考慮,拜托你做一個超聲波心動圖
And she says she's done with medicine.
還有人說和醫學絕交了呢
Fine.
好吧
I'll order an echo, just to be safe.
我會給她做個超聲波的,為了安全起見
You and Bell really moved through those interviews.
你和貝爾真審問了那么多人啊
That's what happens when you fail to turn up a single solid lead.
當你沒什么有用線索時,只能這樣了
No one jumped out at you?
沒發現任何可疑的人嗎
Uh-uh. What about your friend?
沒有,你朋友那邊有線索嗎
Any oddballs come to mind?
沒有想到什么古怪的人嗎
I was right earlier, wasn't I?
我之前說對了,是不是
You two were close, but not anymore.
你們倆曾經很親密,但后來疏遠了
After my patient died,
我的病人死后
I lost touch with a lot of my hospital friends.
我就不和醫院的朋友聯系了
Being around them was difficult.
和他們在一起很不舒服
Carrie just didn't get it. Speak of the devil.
凱莉就是不理解,正說到她呢
Bad news?
壞消息嗎
Uh, good, actually.
事實上是好消息
I met one of Carrie's patients today.
我今天見了凱莉的一個病人
I thought she might have endocarditis.
我懷疑她有心內膜炎
I asked her to run a test.
讓她做個測試
Turns out I was wrong.
結果是我判斷錯了
You're disappointed. Of course I'm not.
你很失望, 我當然沒有
No, you didn't want the patient to be sick,
我的意思是,你當然不希望病人生病
but you wanted to be right.
但你也希望自己的判斷是對的
Are you sure you weren't?
你確定你不是嗎
Am I sure I wasn't what? Right.
我確定什么, 自己是否正確
This test she performed--
她做的測試
is it the gold standard for endocarditis?
是標準的檢查心內膜炎的測試嗎
Is it completely conclusive? No, but most cases...
能夠確診嗎, 沒有,但大部分情況
Forget most cases.
別想著大部分情況
What was your first instinct when you saw the patient?
你看到病人的第一直覺是什么
That she had endocarditis. Then hold the course.
她有心內膜炎, 那就這么想
Myriad studies have shown
很多研究顯示
that first instincts are typically the right ones.
第一感覺通常都是對的
What?
怎么了
What is it? That car.
什么情況, 那輛車
I think it belongs to one of my suspects, Dr. Cahill.
是卡希爾醫生的,我的嫌疑人之一
The bobcat sticker on the bumper--
保險杠上的這只山貓
it matches the one on his car key,
和他車鑰匙上的一樣
and his car key said his car was a Nissan.
而車鑰匙表明他的車是一輛日產
Okay, so that's his car. What about it?
那這就是他的車,又怎么樣呢
Well, Bell thought that he was a solid suspect for the Angel.
貝爾覺得他是"天使"的不二嫌疑人
I disagreed.
我不贊同
Thing is, as of five hours ago,
只不過,五個小時前
Dr. Cahill wrapped up a 30-hour shift.
卡希爾醫生剛結束三十小時的輪班
Said he was going to go home and sleep.
說他馬上要回家睡覺
Legally, he's not allowed to set foot
法律上講,接下來六個小時
in the hospital for another six hours.
他都不該再踏進醫院一步的
When I got off call,
當我結束輪班時
I couldn't get out of the hospital fast enough.
絕對迫不及待要離開醫院
So what's his car still doing in the parking lot?
那他的車為什么還停在這里呢
Dr. Cahill, we meet again.
卡希爾醫生,我們又見面了
What-what the hell is this?
這是怎么回事
Hey, what-what do you think you're doing?
住手,你們這是要做什么
Hey, get off of me! I work here!
放開我,我是這里的醫生
You're making a mistake. I was examing...
你們搞錯了,我是在檢查...
Sherlock, I don't think he's the Angel.
夏洛克,我覺得他不是"天使"
There's no epinephrine in that syringe.
那支注射器里沒有腎上腺素
It's empty.
是空的
That's a PCA machine.
這是臺鎮痛儀
It dispenses morphine.
它能提供嗎啡
That's what he was in here for.
那才是他來這里的原因
He was trying to steal it.
他想要偷嗎啡
So, we didn't catch the Angel.
所以我們沒抓到"天使"
We caught an addict.
抓的是個癮君子
Stupid.
我真蠢
Registered his bloodshot eyes and general twitchiness.
看到他雙眼充血,全身抖動
Chalked them up to sleep deprivation.
就以為是睡眠不足
I should probably have known what he really was.
我早該知道他到底是怎么回事
He was a doctor using morphine on the job
他作為醫生,在上班期間使用嗎啡
and endangering patients.
那會威脅到病人的安危
You caught him. That's important.
你抓住了他,這很重要
W-Why are you taking all those down?
你為什么把這些全取下來
'Cause they're no longer suspects.
因為他們不再是嫌疑人了
Your point regarding Dr. Cahill would be quite heartening
你關于卡希爾醫生的說法很鼓舞人心
if his drug habit had anything to do
但前提是,他的毒癮跟現在
with the murderer currently stalking the hospital.
橫行醫院的殺人犯有一丁點關系
A murderer who is most likely
這個殺人犯極有可能
targeting his next victim as we speak.
在我們說話時,就盯上了下一個目標
A murderer I am no closer
而我到現在對于他的身份
to identifying than I was this morning.
沒有任何頭緒
You met 23 people in one day.
你一天之內見了23個人
Maybe you missed something.
也許你漏掉了什么
I spent today soaking in every word, every gesture,
我一整天都沉浸在這23個前嫌疑人的
every involuntary reaction of these 23 former suspects.
每句話,每個動作,每個不自主反應里
Dr. Cahill was the only blip on the radar.
卻只發現了卡希爾醫生這一個可疑的
Maybe not the only blip.
也許不是唯一一個
All of the Angel's victims were terminal...
"天使"殺害的所有人都是晚期
except one-- her.
除了這個女人
Samantha Cropsey. She was the second to last victim.
薩曼莎·克羅波西,倒數第二個受害人
She was quite sick she'd been in the ICU for two weeks.
她病情很嚴重,還在加護病房待了兩周
Yes, but look here in her chart: CABG.
對,但看她的病例這里, CABG
That's Coronary Artery Bypass Graft.
意思是冠狀動脈搭橋術
She'd had major surgery, she was recovering slowly,
她接受過大型手術,恢復得有些緩慢
but she was recovering. She wasn't going to die.
但確實在好轉,并非瀕死之人
So, why did the Angel make an exception for her?
那為什么"天使"會為她破例呢
Captain?
警監
That druggie doctor we scooped up at the hospital tonight?
我們今晚在醫院抓到的那個吸毒醫生
He's talking. A lot.
他說出了很多事情
Turns out he might be able
看來他還是能夠
to help us find the Angel after all.
幫我們找到"天使"的
By the time I get out of surgery, I'm wiped out
當我做完手術以后,我累極了
and keyed up, all at the same time.
但同時又異常興奮
I can't sleep without the morphine.
沒有嗎啡我根本睡不著
No, it's not like the patients that you're stealing it from
對呀,被你偷藥的那些病人
need it to deal with their excruciating pain.
就不需要嗎啡來緩解疼痛了
I'm telling you this because I want to help.
我說這些是想幫點忙
So help.
那就幫忙啊
Tell him what you told me.
把你告訴我的話跟他說說
A couple months ago, I snuck into a patient's room.
幾個月前,我溜進了一個病人的房間
Older guy, end stage liver cancer.
老家伙,肝癌晚期
I knew he'd have morphine.
我猜他那兒肯定有嗎啡
Raymond Sutter, Angel victim number seven.
雷蒙德·薩特, "天使"的第七個殺害對象
Once I got the morphine out of the PCA,
我從鎮痛儀里拿到嗎啡后
I ducked into the bathroom to...
我就躲進洗手間去...
I believe the words you're looking for
我猜你是想說
are "Shoot" and "Up."
來一針,嗨起來
And, uh, when I got myself together to leave,
當我準備好離開的時候
I realized someone was coming into the room.
我發現有人進了房間
Did you see his face?
你看到他的臉了嗎
I hid out in the bathroom the whole time.
我一直躲在洗手間里
They talked for, like, an hour.
他們聊了差不多一個小時
Uh, I didn't recognize the guy's voice,
我沒認出那個人的聲音
but he was definitely a doctor, talked a lot about medicine.
但他肯定是個醫生,說了一堆醫學的事
Were they discussing Sutter's condition?
他們是在說薩特的病情嗎
Yeah, yeah. The doctor explained
對,對,醫生解釋了
how the cancer was shutting down his liver,
癌癥是怎么使他的肝臟衰竭
how the, uh... the toxins would slowly build up in his body.
毒素如何緩慢地在他的身體中積累
Really, you know, laid it all out for the guy.
就是跟那病人實話實說
I could tell it wasn't the first time talking about it.
我聽得出來這不是他們的第一次談話
The doctor knew that the patient didn't have much
醫生知道這個病人
in the way of family.
沒什么家人
And the next day... died of a heart attack.
第二天,他就死于心臟病
I didn't think anything of it.
我也沒覺得奇怪
Except that you'd need to find a new source for your morphine.
只是你需要另找一個嗎啡來源了
And when you and the detective asked about an Angel of Death,
當你跟探長問起死亡天使的時候
it got me wondering.
讓我起了疑心
Didn't know how to tell you what I'd heard
但告訴你們我聽到的一切
without explaining why I was in that patient's bathroom.
我就得解釋為何躲在病人洗手間里
Nothing like getting caught to help one grow a conscience.
被抓個正著總是能讓人找回良心
We're back on track, Watson.
我們又回到正軌了,華生
Dr. Cahill described a doctor with an approach identical
卡希爾醫生描述的那個醫生的手法
to the one described by the neighbor
與探望特倫特·凱爾蒂的鄰居
who'd been visiting Trent Kelty.
所描述的一樣
He talks to his victims, gets to know them before he kills them.
他與受害人談話,熟悉了他們后再下手
Finally, our theoretical Angel is proved real.
這個"天使"終于被證實存在了
Where are you going?
你去哪兒
To take another look at the hospital records.
再去看看醫院的記錄
Dr. Cahill's insights may cast them in a new light.
卡希爾醫生的說法也許能讓我有新發現
You have copies of the records at home.
你家里不是有記錄的復印件嗎
I prefer to work on the originals.
我更喜歡研究原稿
There's more detail, more texture.
有更多細節,質感也更好
I was right about the Angel, Watson.
關于"天使"我說對了,華生
As a wise man once said,
一位智者曾說過
"First instinct, usually the right one."
"第一感覺,通常都是對的"
Joanie, hey.
喬尼
I think you should run a T.E.E. on Morgan before her surgery.
你該先給摩根做個經食管超聲波心動圖
Her echo was clean, as I expected.
她的超聲波結果挺好的,如我所料
She doesn't have endocarditis.
她沒患心內膜炎
25% of cases don't show up on the standard echo.
普通超聲波檢查會漏掉四分之一的病例
In addition to her splinter hemorrhage, she's pale.
她不僅有裂片形出血,還很蒼白
I'm not subjecting a 12-year-old
我不會因為你的無端猜想
to a scary and invasive test because you have a hunch.
就讓一個12歲女孩做可怕而有傷害的測試
Okay, I know I'm overstepping... Yes, you are.
我知道我是在多事, 沒錯
Morgan is my patient, not yours.
摩根是我的病人,不是你的
Okay, I understand.
我明白
I just... My gut is telling me
只是,我的直覺告訴我
that if you operate on her, she could die.
如果你給她動手術,她就會死
She'll be fine, Joan.
她不會有事的,喬恩
I'm operating on her, not you.
是我給她動手術,不是你
Expected you an hour ago.
我以為你一小時前就該來了
I went to the hospital to talk to Carrie about her patient.
我去了趟醫院跟凱莉聊她的病人
Victory?
你贏了嗎
I did what I could.
我盡力了
Well, on the bright side,
可喜的是
I've made a rather important discovery.
我有了一個相當重要的發現
Dariya Ruseckas' consent form.
達莉亞·瑞澤科斯的同意書
Uh, she's the fifth victim. Look closely.
她是五號受害人, 再看仔細點
It's a standard consent form for an angiogram with contrast.
這是拍血管造影片的標準同意書
This is the appropriate procedure.
這個程序沒有問題
Note the handwriting,
注意一下筆跡
or rather, the handwritings.
或者說,那些筆跡
Oh, they're two different kinds.
這有兩種不同的筆跡
Dariya printed her name and signed it,
達莉亞寫下自己的名字然后簽了字
but someone else filled out the body of the form. Exactly.
但表格其余部分是另一個人填的, 正是
The nurse who initialed the form here.
一名護士在這里簽了姓名首字母
A.J. It stands for Anichka Jones. AJ
代表阿尼奇卡·瓊斯
Jones, I'm assuming, is a married name,
瓊斯據我猜測是夫姓
because "Anichka" is as Ukrainian as it gets.
因為阿尼奇卡是烏克蘭的名字
Explains why she filled out the form for Ms. Ruseckas.
這解釋了她為什么給瑞澤科斯女士填表
Because Ms. Ruseckas, born in Ukraine,
因為瑞澤科斯女士出生在烏克蘭
obviously did not speak enough English to fill it out herself.
顯然英語不夠好,需要有人幫忙
Okay.
好吧
The killer liked to converse with his victims,
兇手喜歡反復且深入地
repeatedly and at great length.
和受害者交談
Getting to know them was clearly part of the process.
顯然,了解他們是犯罪過程的一部分
And he could have only gotten to know her if he spoke Ukrainian.
他只有說烏克蘭語,才能夠了解她
We just need to check the personnel records
我們只要查人事記錄
for a doctor who knows it.
看哪個醫生懂烏克蘭語
I already did. There are none.
我早查了,沒有
Then why are you so happy?
那你高興什么
Because, Ms. Watson, as you very well know,
因為,華生女士,正如你所知
not all doctors stay doctors.
不是所有醫生現在還在做醫生
Your lack of accent is quite impressive, Mr. Gura.
古拉先生,你說話不帶鄉音真令人折服
Thank you.
謝謝
I learned English as a boy.
我從小就學英語
Hmm. If I met you on the street,
如果我平時碰到你
I would never guess you were a native Ukrainian.
絕對不會猜到你是純正的烏克蘭人
But at work, well, the tools of your trade gave you away.
但工作時,你的工作工具出賣了你
Your janitor's cart-- you decorated the handle
你的清潔推車,你用藍色和黃色布條
with, uh, blue and yellow rags.
裝飾了把手
Since all of your cleaning rags were white,
因為你所有的清潔布都是白色
I knew that the fabric was deliberately chosen,
我就知道那是你精心挑選的
and as I later realized,
后來我才意識到
representative of the colors of the Ukrainian flag.
那代表著烏克蘭國旗的顏色
Then I pulled your personnel file, and lo and behold,
我調出了你的個人檔案,然后一瞧
under education, you listed Olesky University.
受過教育,就讀于奧爾斯基大學
Congratulations. Arguably,
祝賀你,你可以不承認
best medical school in all of Ukraine.
那可是烏克蘭最好的醫科大學
Not arguably.
我承認
Yes, I was a doctor in Ukraine.
是的,我在烏克蘭是名醫生
Now I'm a janitor.
可現在我只是清潔工
Is that why I'm here?
叫我來這兒就因為這個嗎
A problem with how I clean the floors?
地板清理得不干凈嗎
Actually, we thought maybe you could help us.
事實上,我們認為你能幫我們
Do you recognize any of these people?
你認識這些人嗎
They were all patients at the hospital.
他們都曾是醫院里的病人
"Were" Being the operative word.
"曾是"是關鍵詞
They're all dead now.
他們現在都死了
We believe they were all...
我們確信他們都是
murdered.
被謀殺的
Yes, I remember them.
是的,我記得他們
Many of these patients were very sick.
這些病人大都病重
Even dying.
甚至奄奄一息
That makes it okay to kill them?
這就有了殺人的理由嗎
When a patient is in pain, dying is not a tragedy.
當病人經受病痛折磨,死亡已不是悲劇
It is a release.
而是種解脫
You make it sound so noble.
你把這說得真高尚
The murder of defenseless, sick people.
殺害手無寸鐵,病重的人
I'm sorry. I still don't understand
抱歉,我還是不懂
why you want to speak with me.
你們找我談話的目的
We got a warrant, Mr. Gura.
我們有搜查令,古拉先生
We searched your apartment this morning
今早你在醫院時
while you were at the hospital,
我們搜查了你的公寓
and we found... this.
我們找到了,這個
It's a log,
是個日志
filled with medical notes, written by you.
你在里面寫滿了醫療記錄
Exclusively about these nine patients.
且僅有這九名病人的記錄
And we know that you're the man who killed them.
我們知道是你殺了他們
I freed them.
我讓他們解脫了
I freed them from the pain-wracked prison
我把他們從肉體的桎梏中
their bodies had become.
解救了出來
I saw them.
我發現了他們
I studied them,
研究他們
confirmed for myself there was no chance at recovering,
我確信他們無法被治愈
that all they had to live for
他們不得不活在
was the horror of dying.
對死亡的畏懼中
And I did what needed to be done.
我只是做了我該做的
I showed them mercy.
我解脫了他們
What about Samantha Cropsey?
那薩曼莎·克羅波西呢
What about her? She was getting better.
她怎么了, 她的病情在好轉
How can you call what you did to her mercy?
你怎么能把對她的所作所為稱為善行
Better?
好轉
People do not get better from metastasized cardiac cancer.
得轉移性心臟癌的人無法治愈
She didn't have cancer.
她沒得癌癥
She was recovering from bypass surgery.
她做了心臟搭橋手術,本在痊愈中
Her-her blood pressure was improving,
她的血壓上升
her oxygen saturation...
血氧飽和度...
No. You're wrong.
不,你搞錯了
They'd found a mass in her heart. What happened?
他們在她心臟里發現了腫塊, 怎么了
Did you get bored of waiting for somebody sick enough?
你厭倦了等待別人病入膏肓嗎
The pain was so bad, she could hardly form sentences.
疼痛讓她連句完整的話都說不了
She was begging me to make it stop. She had her entire life
她求我結束她的生命, 她本有
ahead of her! No!
大好前程, 不是
She was dying.
她是垂死之人
You're no better than the police
你比烏克蘭的警察
in Soviet Ukraine,
好不了多少
making up lies to suit your truths.
為你所謂的真相編造謊言
I am done talking.
我不說了
You've said quite enough.
你說得夠多了
Holmes.
福爾摩斯
Great work.
干得好
We'll take it from here.
接下來交給我們吧
What, what is it?
怎么了
He's telling the truth o-or at least he thinks he is.
他在講實話,至少他覺得是這樣
About being the Angel?
關于他是"天使"
About Samantha Cropsey's condition.
關于薩曼莎·克羅波西的身體狀況
He's convinced she was suffering
他確信她得了
from terminal cardiac cancer.
晚期心臟癌
Well, he's also convinced
他還堅信
that he helped those people that he killed.
他幫了那些被殺死的人
He's a lunatic.
他就是個瘋子
What'd you expect?
你還想怎么樣
I don't know, just not this.
我不知道,反正不是這個
I was thinking sushi tonight.
我今晚想吃壽司
Salmonella, Vibrio parahaemolyticus,
沙門氏菌,腸炎弧菌
mercury poisoning, Anisakis simplex...
汞中毒,簡單異尖線蟲
all illnesses contractible from eating raw fish.
所有這些流行疾病都因為吃生魚片
Anisakis, of particular note,
特別注意異尖線蟲
is a worm that can burrow into the wall of the intestine,
一種能穿過腸壁的蠕蟲
often requiring surgery to remove it.
需要動手術取除
But, yeah, sushi's good.
但是,壽司挺好吃
Why are you still looking through those files?
你怎么還在看這些文件
You caught the Angel.
你都抓到"天使"了
I caught someone who is smart, medically knowledgeable,
我抓到了一個聰明,醫學知識淵博
and fiercely attentive to detail.
極度注重細節的人
His notes on Samantha Cropsey's condition
他在薩曼莎·克羅波西
say that cardiac cancer
身體狀況的記錄中寫道
was discovered during her bypass surgery.
心臟搭橋手術時發現她有心臟癌
Why did he get it so wrong,
他為什么會犯這種錯誤
and why is he so convinced he was right?
為什么如此堅信自己是對的
You expecting someone?
你在等人嗎
Am I ever?
我等過人嗎
Mr. Holmes, right?
福爾摩斯先生,對嗎
We met the other day.
我們幾天前見過
Joanie's friend.
喬尼的朋友
I got your information from Bruce in the morgue.
我從太平間的布魯斯那得到了你的住處
He seemed to think I might be able to find her here.
他覺得我能在這找到她
Watson, it's for you!
華生,找你的
Carrie.
凱莉
I wanted you to know you were right.
我想告訴你,你是對的
Morgan had endocarditis.
摩根有心內膜炎
The lab found it when they ran a T.E.E.,
做經食管超聲波心動圖時發現的
which, coincidentally,
很巧
is the test you wanted me to run on her.
就是你之前讓我給她做的那個測試
The funny thing is, I didn't order it.
更好笑的是,我沒要求做
Some anonymous person
一個匿名者
put the request in her chart and the lab followed through.
在她病歷上填了這項請求,實驗室就做了
Remember, on our vascular rotation,
還記得,我們在心血管科時
how the chief resident always used to say,
住院總醫生常說什么嗎
"Better lucky than good"?
"運氣比實力更重要"
Sounds to me like you were lucky.
在我看來你很幸運
Yeah, I guess I was.
是啊,我想是的
I know what it's like not to be lucky.
我知道什么是不幸
It turned my life upside-down.
它曾把我的生活搞得一團糟
You were always a good friend, Joanie,
你一直是個良友,喬尼
but you were a better doctor.
你更是位好醫生
Aren't you full of surprises?
你難道不意外嗎
Of course you were listening.
看來當時你在偷聽
Altering the girl's chart, saving her life.
我還修改了那女孩的表格,救她一命
Apparently your instincts were spot on.
顯然你的直覺是對的
Well done.
做得好
Thank you.
謝謝
Actually it's me who should be thanking you.
事實上要說謝謝的人是我
You've given me an idea as to why Danilo Gura
你啟發了我,我知道達尼洛·古拉
would have killed Samantha Cropsey.
為什么會殺薩曼莎·克羅波西了
Get your coat.
去穿衣服
I need to speak with Danilo right away.
我要馬上去見達尼洛
I think he may have been holding out on us.
我覺得他對我們有所隱瞞
Dr. Baldwin,
鮑德溫醫生
you are a brilliant man, are you not?
你是個才華橫溢的人,對嗎
You didn't tell me he was going to be here.
你沒告訴我他也會在
I asked you a question.
回答我的問題
Are you a, a brilliant man?
你是個才華橫溢的人嗎
You're a step ahead of everybody for long enough,
當你遙遙領先眾人時
people start calling you brilliant.
就會被認為才華橫溢
I get a feeling that you know something about that.
我覺得你應該對此深有感悟
Ah, indeed I do.
的確
One of the dangers of brilliance, however,
但成為這樣的人也有壞處
is that you sometimes fail to recognize
其中之一就是有時會注意不到
the possibility that others are--
其他人也有可能
at least in some respect--
至少在某些方面
just as brilliant.
和我們一樣才華橫溢
Last night, for example, it occurred to me,
比方說,我昨晚突然想到
I may not have been the first person
我可能不是第一個
to discover the Angel of Death at Chandler Memorial.
發現錢德勒醫院有死亡天使的人
I'm sorry, you're saying that someone else knew
你的意思是,有人知道這件事
that he was there but kept it to themself?
但沒說出來
A brilliant someone,
這個人才華橫溢
in this case a brilliant someone with extensive medical knowledge
醫學知識豐富
and real reason to pay close attention
并且有理由密切關注
to the sudden death of two of his surgical patients.
自己病人的突然死亡
Okay, if you're referring to me,
好吧,如果你說的是我
I can assure you
我可以向你保證
I had no idea what Danilo Gura was up to.
我根本不知道達尼洛·古拉要做什么
We checked the morgue security logs.
我們查過太平間的安全日志
Apparently you went there to examine the two bodies
顯然你曾去檢查被死亡天使
of the first two patients you lost to the Angel.
殺害的前兩個病人的尸體
They were my patients.
他們是我的病人
I wanted to know what happened.
我想知道他們是怎么死的
I didn't find out anything unusual.
但我沒找到任何異?,F象
I believe that you did realize
我相信你肯定意識到了
they had been murdered.
他們是被謀殺的
Perhaps you noticed a bit of ischemia,
像你這樣才華橫溢的人
as brilliant men are wont to do,
也許注意到了有局部缺血
but around the same time
但同時
you committed yet another surgical error.
你還造成了一起手術事故
You left a clamp in Samantha Cropsey's chest
在一次常規搭橋手術中
during a routine bypass surgery.
你把手術鉗留在了薩曼莎·克羅波西的胸部
Okay, I've had just about enough of this.
行了,我受夠了
It was inevitable
薩曼莎會有并發癥
Samantha would develop complications.
這不可避免
The mistake could have been easily rectified,
本來只要把手術鉗拿出來
the clamp removed,
就可以彌補過失
but not without earning you your third strike
但同樣也會帶來第三次打擊
and ending your formerly great career...
毀掉你之前輝煌的事業...
unless the Angel could make it all go away.
但死亡天使可以讓這些不用發生
You realized that he targeted patients
你注意到他鎖定的都是
who were not only terminal but also in tremendous pain,
極度痛苦的晚期病人
so you set about making Samantha an attractive target.
所以你開始把薩曼莎塑造成這樣一個目標
First you found the biopsy of a patient
第一步你找到某個心臟癌病人的
dying of cardiac cancer.
活體檢視
You put Samantha's name on the biopsy results,
把檢查結果的名字改成薩曼莎
you noted that the tumor was found during her surgery,
記錄下腫瘤是在手術中發現的
and then you placed them into her chart.
然后把這些放進了她的病歷中
Secondly you made sure that she was in pain
第二步你要讓她處于病痛之中
so the Angel would feel compelled to end her suffering.
好讓死亡天使覺得有必要結束她的痛苦
That was simple enough.
這個就簡單了
Just reduce her pain meds.
只要減少止痛藥用量就行了
Now, this had the added benefit
這樣做還有個好處
of making her too delirious
她神志不清
to effectively communicate with a killer
就無法和喜歡跟受害人
who liked to chat up his victims.
聊天的兇手交流
The Angel took the bait.
死亡天使上鉤了
Samantha succumbed to a cardiac event.
薩曼莎就這么死于心臟病
Now, all you had to do
接下來你要做的就只剩下
was remove those cancer results from her chart
將癌癥診斷從她的病歷中去掉
and your mistake was erased
你的錯誤就被抹去了
until today.
直到今天
We received permission to exhume
我們得到許可挖出了
Ms. Cropsey's body.
克羅波西女士的尸體
The M.E. found this lodged in her ribcage.
驗尸官發現這個嵌在她的胸腔里
It's a surgical clamp.
是一把手術鉗
Look familiar?
眼熟嗎
Let's say that I believe you.
就算我信你
Let's say that you actually found that
就算你真的在薩曼莎的遺體里
in Samantha's remains.
找到了這個
All you've proven is that I made a mistake--
你所證明的也不過是我犯了個錯誤
a mistake that'll probably end my career
這個錯誤是有可能結束我的職業生涯
and keep me from helping thousands of people--
讓我以后幫不了數千患者恢復健康
but I see no evidence at all that I faked records
但你證明不了我偽造記錄
or that I killed people.
或是謀殺
Excellent points,
說得不錯
which is why I visited Danilo Gura late last night.
所以我昨晚才去見了達尼洛·古拉
His patient logs were so detailed,
他做的病患日志太詳細
so comprehensive.
太全面了
First I suspected he must have copied the data
我一開始懷疑那些數據一定是
directly from the charts.
他直接從病歷里拷下來的
But why would he risk doing that in a hospital
可他怎么會冒著
where someone could walk in at any moment?
隨時被人發現的危險做這些呢
Then it hit me:
然后我突然想通了
he'd taken pictures.
他拍了照
Like this one for example.
比如這張
At first
起初
he refused to acknowledge the photos' existence,
他否認這些照片的存在
but after I explained how you had manipulated him
但后來我跟他說是你操控他
into violating his code,
讓他違背了原則
he told us we could find them on a flash drive
他就說出,他公寓附近的通風口藏著
he had hidden in a vent near his apartment.
一個閃存盤,照片就存在里頭
God forbid either of you should ever need surgery
老天最好不讓你們中任何一人
to save your life.
需要手術救命
I am the guy you want standing over you in the O.R.
否則你們一定想讓我來保命
I imagine it was that kind of thinking
正是這樣的想法才會讓你覺得
that helped you justify Samantha's murder.
薩曼莎的死沒有你的責任吧
Her life versus the thousands
她的生命比不上
you believed you'd save.
你要救的上千條生命
I was talking to the D.A. this morning.
今早地方檢察官告訴我
He figures murder two is a lock.
二級謀殺會進監獄
You're looking at 20 to life.
你將面臨20年的服刑期
Chandler Memorial Hospital
錢德勒醫院
was rocked by scandal for the second time in two days
兩天內再爆丑聞
when Dr. Mason Baldwin was arrested for his role
梅森·鮑德溫醫生因故意促使
in the death of one of confessed Angel
已認罪死亡天使達尼洛·古拉
of Death Danilo Gura's victims.
殺害一名受害人而被捕
Recent...
最近...
My favorite bit-- this moment.
這種時刻是我的最愛
The slumped shoulders, the pallor,
垂頭喪氣,臉色發白
like a turtle trying to retreat back into its shell.
就像烏龜想縮回自己的殼里
I'm happy for you.
祝賀你
I'm also exhausted, I'm turning in.
我很累,先回房了
I must say, Watson,
我必須要說,華生
I enjoyed catching a glimpse of you in your former element.
我很高興能瞥見你過去的樣子
Seems to me your friend was right.
你朋友說得對
You were quite a doctor.
你是個了不起的醫生
I had my moments.
我有過春風得意的時候
You could never be a face in the crowd...
你不能藏匿于人群之中
Maybe you'll give it another go one of these days.
或許你可以試試梅開二度
So you're travelin' on
所以你不停流浪
Travelin' on out
不停流浪
Well, you know
但你知道
I'll never say it out loud
我從來不戳破你的謊言
I'll be travelin' on, travelin' with you
我只是陪著你,陪著你不停流浪
Hey, I'm too weak
我脆弱至此
It's too much to fight off
無法戰勝太多
The past so strong
回憶太過強烈
But now
但如今
I can't believe what's happening now
發生這一切我無法相信