Look down. Look at the grass.
Kick off your shoes. Like this.
Yeah.
Grass, between your toes.
Feels nice.
Yeah. Yeah.
Well, I think maybe...
Maybe it's time we go in. We have a lot of work to do.
We need to get ready. You need to get ready.
turn this into a civil-harassment issue.
with a restraining order or anything else they got.
I'll be ready.
Confidence is good.
Facts on your side, better.
Know what you're walking into.
House needs a coat of paint.
I got her all her shots.
Healthy gums and no worms, no fleas.
I'll-I'll kick her butt myself.
Yeah, it's just a dog.
Hey, it's good to have a dog around.
about breaking into a house with a dog.
Yeah, I bet that one's gonna keep a lot of burglars away.
It's just a thought.
and Kaylee can visit her anytime she wants.
all the supplies, everything you need.
All right.
The dog can stay here.
Yes. Thank you.
All right. Done.
Excuse me a minute.
Sure.
Yep.
Got it.
Yeah, just a lead on a job opportunity.
Your honor, Mr. Schweikart and his cohorts
Victims? My clients. Yes. You're denying me access.
are allowed access to a lawyer.
and no one is denying Mr. McGill access to his clients.
We're denying him access to the property...
It's semantics. Which is well within Sandpiper Crossing's rights.
The building is private property.
Paid for by the residents.
But managed by licensed health-aid professionals.
Okay, one at a time, gentlemen.
Mr. Schweikart, you're denying him access on what grounds?
and Mr. McGill, who is very loud and flamboyant,
is a disturbance to these routines.
free to leave whenever they want.
We're talking about elderly and infirm people here.
There's phone consultations.
There's mail and messenger services.
don't want to be afflicted with Mr. McGill's presence,
This becomes an issue of civil harassment.
Wow! You are stretching that definition to its limit.
And F.Y.I., old people adore me.
Okay, I've heard enough.
I have enough here to let me rule on this restraining order.
Don't worry, Chuck. That's not smoke you smell.
That's me.
This mofo is on fire.
Your baby bro kicked some Schweikart ass today.
There was a delivery while you were in court.
They served interrogatories on each class representative.
on the grounds they're not competent to file.
Oh, this is just the beginning.
until we're drowning in paperwork.
All right. We can deal with this.
I mean, hey, it's, uh...
It's no big deal. Just hit it head on.
Jimmy. Prioritize.
Uh, most important stuff first.
You know, get that off the decks.
And, uh, you tell me, Chuck.
I mean, you just point to a box.
We can do this.
Jimmy, we need to talk.
Chuck. Sit down, won't you?
No, I'm good.
but facts are facts.
it is not a two-man job.
We need help. No.
Don't say it. Don't say --
Refer it out to HHM.
Damn it, chuck.
We can do this. We're doing great on our own.
We don't need Hamlin or anyone else.
We can Erin Brokovich the shit out of this case.
Erin Brokovich didn't do it alone.
and that's what we need to do.
And there's no shame in that.
Yes, it's ours, and the task ahead is monumental.
Maybe. But it would take forever!
is for the good of the clients.
Judge was never gonna grant that.
斯韋卡特在?;ㄕ?/div>
and he's gonna keep on throwing them over and over.
他會不停地一個花招接著一個花招
And we'll be so busy swatting them away,
我們就會一直疲于應付
we'll never spend any time on the actual case.
真正花在案子上的時間反而所剩無幾
This case will span years,
這案子肯定會持續數年
and we don't have the capital to carry it forward by ourselves.
我倆是沒有實力推動案件進展的
We simply don't.
根本不可能
Fine.
好吧
So?
所以
The case goes to HHM?
把案子拿給哈姆林麥吉爾聯合律所
Hail Satan.
撒旦萬歲
I submit to the dark side.
我向黑暗投降
I'll call Kim and arrange a meeting.
我去給金打電話安排會面
All right. Good, Jimmy. Thank you.
太好了,吉米,謝謝你
I know you'll come to see that it's for the best.
我知道你一定會明白這是最好的處理方式
I guess I'll have to get an office right next to yours.
那我得在你隔壁找間辦公室了
Finally out of the mailroom, huh?
總算脫離了收發室,不是嗎
Yes. Hello.
你好
No, it's me.
不,是我
This the place where we wait?
我們是在這兒等嗎
Think so.
應該是
So...
那么
...what did our guy tell you about the job?
那人跟你倆說了這活兒是干嘛的嗎
Not much.
沒說太多
It's a protection job. Civilian. but we'll be in there to make sure things fly right.
是個保鏢的活兒,一個平民
You been doing this long?
你倆做這行很久了吧
I-I just assume we're all heavy hitters,
我認為我們都是重量級人物
and it makes sense -- the vet recommends best of the best.
這很合理,畢竟獸醫只挑最好的
Dealing with some of these ethnic types,
跟這些人種的人打交道
blood tends to run a little hotter.
總是會讓人熱血沸騰
That's just science. Physiology.
這是科學,生理學
There's historical precedent. You know what I'm saying?
這是有歷史先例的,你懂我的意思吧
So, what you packing?
你帶了啥
Uh, pimento.
甜椒
Sorry, what?
啥玩意兒
Pimento sandwich.
甜椒三明治
That's funny.
真好笑
Pimento.
甜椒
No, I mean, what are you carrying?
我是問,你身上帶了什么沒有
You know, piece?
你懂的,槍
What's the make? Pimento is a cheese.
什么槍, 甜椒是一種奶酪
They call it the caviar of the south.
它被稱為南方的魚子醬
Look, you don't want to tell me what you're carrying,
你不想說就算了
so be it, but you don't have to be a douche about it.
但是別把我當傻逼玩
Just told you what I'm carrying.
我告訴你我帶的東西是什么了
So you're saying... you don't have a gun?
所以你的意思是,你沒帶槍
Is that what you're saying?
你是這個意思嗎
How are you here without a gun? You have a gun?
你居然不帶槍就來這兒了,你帶了么
Yeah. Yeah. Of course.
帶了, 當然得帶
He's got a gun.
他帶著槍呢
I got at least two guns on me that I'll tell you about.
我帶了至少兩把槍呢
I go old school with a Wilson Combat 1911,
我有把老式威爾遜格斗1911
I got a Glock 22 gen 3,
還有把格洛克22第三代
and those are just the ones I'll tell you about.
我就只告訴你這兩把
I mean, what the hell?
該死
Really, how do you not pack a gun?
你怎么連把槍都不帶
Hi. Hello. Uh, my name is Pryce.
你們好,我是普賴斯
Um, actually, that's not my name.
實際上,這不是我的名字
But, uh, I have a nephew named Pryce.
不過我有個侄子叫普賴斯
I've always kind of liked that name.
我一直都挺喜歡那個名字的
Anyway, we're not dealing with names today.
不過,我們今天不是來討論名字的
You can tell me or not tell me yours, or a fake one is fine.
你們告不告訴我名字都行,說個假的也行
If I need to talk to you,
如果我要跟你們說話
I'd prefer something other than, "Hey, you."
我希望最好不要以"哎,你"開頭
Either way, you all come highly recommended, so thank you.
總之,你們都是被強烈推薦來的,謝謝
First order of business, we have a long drive ahead of us.
第一,我們要開很久的車
I have a cooler of water in the car, some soft drinks.
我車里有飲水機,還有一些飲料
I don't drink coffee, but there is a diner on the corner.
我不喝咖啡,你們要喝的話轉角有家餐廳
Also a bathroom in there in case you need to go before, we go.
那還有個廁所,出發之前想上廁所就去
Second order, uh, money.
第二,是關于錢
Just to be clear that the agreed-upon fee
確認一下說好的雇傭費是
of $500 per man is...agreed upon.
每個人五百美元,都沒意見吧
Uh, if that's acceptable... - yeah, I have a thought.
如果大家都能接受的話, 我有意見
Y-yeah?
請講
How about you give me and man mountain $750 each
不如給我和大個子每人七百五
and send Uncle Fester there home?
讓糟老頭走人
He's not carrying a gun.
他連槍都沒帶
He's useless.
他就是個廢物
I-is that true? Y-you di-- you didn't bring a gun?
他說的是真的嗎,你沒帶槍
I didn't think I'd need one.
我不需要帶槍
It's a protection job.
這可是個保鏢活兒
It's basic common sense that you need a gun
你需要槍來保護你的雇主
to protect your employer.
這是基本常識
I mean, duh!
懂嗎
You're dead weight.
你是我們的負擔
He's just a third wheel without a piece.
他就是個沒帶槍的廢物
I'll tell you what, if I need a gun, I'll use one of his.
聽我說,我要用槍的話可以從他那兒拿一把
Really? One of my guns?
是嗎,想用我的槍
How do you picture that happening, exactly?
怎么可能呢
Well, I guess I'm gonna take it from you.
我會直接動手拿
That...that is just special, huh?
想法不錯嘛
"Take." How are you gonna take one of my guns? "拿"
你打算怎么拿走我的槍
I mean, come on, billy jack-off, take my gun from me.
來呀來,拿走我的槍
Let me see it. Here. I'll make it easy for you.
讓我見識見識,來,送到你跟前
You can make it not so easy.
不用送到我跟前
Sure thing.
好啊
You got it.
來吧
What the -- son of a --
靠,你個王八...
Okay, let's see what you got.
好了,看看你都有什么好貨
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
不錯嘛
I mean, a guy like you,
你這種人
I'll bet you'd have an ankle holster, wouldn't you?
我打賭你腳踝也綁了槍,對吧
You know, that's cute. What else?
不錯啊,還有什么
Now, that's impressive.
真是個寶貝
So many guns, I don't know which one to use.
這么多槍,我都不知道選哪把好
How about you? You want one?
你呢,要來一把嗎
All right.
好了
Let's go.
我們走吧
But we need three guys.
可是我們需要三個人
No. No, we don't. Come on. Let's go.
不,不需要,來吧,走了
Ah, he'll be fine.
他沒事
And now that I'm doing the job alone, I get the full $1,500.
現在就剩我一個人了,那一千五都歸我
Do we agree upon that?
你沒異議吧
Sure.
當然
You got this, okay? No problem.
你可以的,沒問題
Yes. The suit okay?
我知道, 西裝還合身嗎
Is it too tight or too hot? Yeah.
穿著緊不緊,熱不熱, 嗯
No, I mean -- no, no, no. It's -- it's good.
不,我是說正合適
Yeah, well, you look -- you look good.
好了,你看起來很不錯
Can't even tell that's under there.
根本看不出里面還套了太空服
It was a good idea.
這主意真棒
If at any point it's too much, you're uncomfortable,
一旦你撐不住,不舒服的話
we'll turn around and come home.
我們就立馬回家
You want maybe like a safe word?
你要不要想個暗號
How about, "Get me the hell home"?
"快帶我回家"怎么樣
That'll work. Okay. Let's do this.
不錯,好了,我們出發吧
Let's do this.
出發
Okay. Looking good.
天兒不錯
Just going for a little ride.
我們就當是去兜個風
Here, let me get that for you.
我來為你開車門
Here you go.
請進
Jimmy! Just a sec.
吉米, 馬上來
Aw, crap.
我去
What is it?
怎么了
I must have left my stupid phone on last night.
我昨晚肯定忘關機了
It's dead. Well, could you put it in the trunk?
沒電了, 你能不能把它放后備箱里
Uh, yeah.
好的
Okay, then.
就這樣吧
Okay. Thanks.
好的,謝謝
Is that everyone?
收齊了嗎
He'll be here in one minute.
他馬上就到
Anyone still have a phone, add it to the collection now.
還有人拿著手機嗎,都放到里面
Okay, shut it down. Okay, got it.
好了,關機吧, 好的,知道了
How you doing? You doing all right?
你還好吧,沒事兒吧
Yeah, yeah. Okay, great stuff.
還好, 那太好了
Okay, we're walking.
好啦,邁步向前
Walking in, Chuck. Here we go.
進去吧,查克
Good to see you, my friend. Welcome home.
見到你太好了,老朋友,歡迎回來
Howard, you didn't need to do all this.
霍華德,你不必這樣大張旗鼓
Oh, I couldn't have stopped them if I'd wanted to.
大家都情不自禁我也攔不住啊
Come on. Let's get you upstairs.
來吧,我們上樓去
Yeah, sure. Hey, Francis.
好的,你好啊,法蘭西斯
Brenda!
布蘭達
Oh, hey, you shaved.
你刮胡子了啊
To date, we have 68 very willing plaintiffs
目前為止,已經有六十八位原告
signed to the class action
決意發起集體訴訟
with the hopes of raising that number to 350 or more.
這個數字有望增加到三百五十或更多
Many more now that we know
還要多得多,我們現在知道
Sandpiper has facilities in five states.
磯鷂渡在五個州都設有中心
Fraud, unfair and deceptive trade practices,
詐騙,不公平交易
and racketeering.
還有敲詐勒索
Jesus. Guys, this is...
天啊,這真是...
Well, no case is ever a slam dunk,
雖然任何官司都不簡單
but I feel as confident about this
但我從來沒有對一場官司
as anything that's ever come through our doors.
有如此大的信心
Francis, start putting together teams to travel out of state,
法蘭西斯,組織一隊人馬去州外
talk to these residents.
跟這些老人談談
Pair some fourths with our best second years.
把四年員工和最好的兩年員工兩兩組隊
Laura will take care of the travel arrangements.
勞拉來安排行程
Kim and Daniel,
金和丹尼爾
take the list of clients Jimmy's signed,
你們去見吉米簽的那些委托人
introduce yourself as the face of HHM.
代表哈姆林麥吉爾聯合律所去
Make them feel secure and confident.
讓他們感到安全,充滿自信
Hey, Howard, I'm glad you're all excited,
霍華德,你這么激動我很高興
but, uh, can we slow down a second and discuss terms, maybe?
不過,我們可以先談談條件嗎
Oh, uh, of course.
當然
Kind of shot out of a canon with this case.
我有點迫不及待了
It's exciting stuff you have here.
你這案子太激動人心了
Hey, I get it.
我知道
Look, Chuck is already an equity partner,
查克已經是權益合伙人了
and you, as the lawyer who brought this case to the firm,
你呢,作為把這個官司帶給我們的律師
we can guarantee you, say...
我們可以保證給你...
...20% of the common-fund share of the final settlement.
最終和解金共同基金份額的兩成
That will work.
那還不錯
That's a few years down the road.
那可能得好幾年時間呢
As for money for you now,
至于現在給你的錢
uh, we don't do referral fees.
因為我們是不支付介紹費的
Chuck will agree.
查克也同意
HHM doesn't view that as ethical.
律所認為介紹費不道德
As we discussed.
我們討論過的
But what we could do is arrange an of-counsel fee
但是我們可以按你已經投入的時間
for the time that you've already put in --
付給你律師費
time that you spent building the case.
你用來立案的時間
I think we could go as high as $20,000.
我想可以付給你兩萬吧
That, too, will work.
這也不錯
Great.
成交
Give us an official invoice,
給我一張正式發票
and I'll have Helen cut you a check.
我叫海倫給你開張支票
Oh, got it right here.
就在這兒
And, uh, I'd like to use 312 as an office.
我想要312室做我的辦公室
It's right next to Chuck's.
就在查克辦公室旁邊
I'm sorry? 312.
不好意思,312室
I know, it's got that view that the clients love,
我知道,委托人喜歡那兒的風景
but you know what?
不過你知道嗎
That's a waste of space.
那是浪費空間啊
The waiting area by the kitchen is just as good.
廚房邊的等候區就足夠好了
Well, come on, guys. I mean, I need an office.
得了,我只要一間辦公室而已
Can I have the room?
你們都先出去一下
Everybody, please, just give us a few.
都出去一下,請給我們幾分鐘
Um, Howard...
霍華德...
When the room's clear, Chuck.
等他們都走了再說,查克
Jimmy...
吉米...
Jimmy, I'm just gonna say it.
吉米,我還是直說了吧
You're not working here.
我們不會雇你
What are you talking about?
你說什么
You said this case is a slam dunk.
你說這場官司贏定了
Yes. We want the case.
是的,我們想打這場官司
Uh, we don't want, um...
我們不想要...
The case is all we want.
我們只想要這個案子
You got to be -- you're serious?
你開什么... 你是認真的嗎
I walk in here with a multimillion-dollar
我手捧白金盤子,向你奉上一個
class-action lawsuit on a damn platinum platter...
價值數百萬的集體訴訟案子
a-a case that I found, that I made happen,
案子是我發現的,訴訟也是我發起的
and you don't want me?
而你居然不要我
W-why in Christ not?
到底為什么
Well, I know that you hate me, Howard.
我知道你討厭我,霍華德
It's -- all right.
沒事的
You better believe feeling goes both ways,
其實我也討厭你
but I'm willing to set that aside to work with you on this.
不過我愿意把私人感情撇開,跟你合作
Why can't you do the same for me?
你怎么就不能跟我合作呢
What is it that you can't let go of?
到底是什么讓你如此耿耿于懷
What slight did I make to your fine, upstanding character
我到底如何侮辱了你優秀且正直的品行
that you can't forgive?
你竟無法原諒我
A majority decision has been made by myself and the partners,
這是我和我的合伙人大多數人的決定
all due respect to you, Chuck.
恕我冒昧,查克
We are not taking in any new associates into the firm.
我們不會讓任何新的律師加入律所
Bullshit! "New associates"?!
狗屁,什么新律師
Someone walks in with a case like this,
如果別人拿著這個案子來找你
you beg them to be partner!
你會求著他入伙
Tell me why!
告訴我到底為什么
You didn't want me then, okay. You don't want me now?!
以前你不肯要我,行,現在你也不要我嗎
Explain it.
解釋一下
Howard.
霍華德
I-I don't know what to say.
我不知道該說什么
I am very disappointed.
我很失望
I really think you should reconsider.
我真的認為你該再考慮一下
I'm sorry, but no.
很抱歉,不行
I think it's best if Jimmy takes the of-counsel fee.
我認為吉米最好接受律師費
We could probably up it a bit.
我們可以多付他一些
Keep in mind, you will be well compensated in the back end.
要記住,結案后你的酬勞會很高
It's easy money, Jimmy. No reason not to take it.
這么好賺的錢,吉米,沒理由拒絕的
Go to hell, Howard.
去死吧,霍華德
I'm not giving you my case.
我不會把案子給你的
And I'm gonna tell every one of those clients
而且我會告訴那些委托人
what a lying, miserable pig fucker you are.
你就是頭滿嘴謊言,卑鄙無恥的豬
I will burn the whole thing to the ground
我就算把這案子毀了
before I give it to you.
也不會給你的
Okay, then, if that's your decision.
好吧,如果你意已決的話
Good luck to you moving forward.
祝你今后一切順利
What the hell just happened?
剛才是哪一出
Yeah, come.
請進
Hi.
你好
Was wondering if you had a moment?
你有空嗎
Sure. Just give me a second.
有,稍等一下
What's up?
什么事
I wanted to talk about what happened today.
我想跟你談談今天的事
With Sandpiper Crossing. Things didn't work out.
磯鷂渡的案子沒談成
It was unfortunate.
很不幸
It was a good case, but...things happen.
那是個好案子,但木已成舟
I'm just trying to understand why.
我只是想知道為什么
Jimmy found that case.
吉米發現了那個案子
He built it, did all of the legwork.
他立案了,四處奔波搜集資料
The class action doesn't exist without him.
沒有他就不會有這個集體訴訟
He deserves a seat at the table.
他應該留下來工作
I understand, but the decision has been made, Kim, so...
我明白,不過已經決定了,金...
Thank you for your input.
謝謝你的意見
B-- but...why?
可是,為什么
The partners have made a decision,
合伙人已經做出了決定
and the "Why" is not your concern.
至于原因跟你無關
I think it is my concern.
我覺得跟我有關
And why is that?
為什么呢
Because he's my friend,
因為他是我的朋友
and the way I see it, you're not treating him fairly.
在我看來,你并沒有公平對待他
The way you see it.
那只是你的看法
I don't know what image you have of him --
我不知道你對他有什么印象...
past or present --
過去還是現在...
or whatever he did or said to you,
或者他對你做了或說了什么
but Jimmy is a good lawyer and he works very hard.
但吉米是個優秀的律師,而且他工作很努力
Did your friend send you in here to say that?
是你朋友讓你來跟我說這些的嗎
No.
不是
I'm saying it because I believe it.
這都是我自己的想法
Well, duly noted.
好吧,我知道了
Want to know what I believe?
你知道我是怎么想的嗎
I believe that you're way out of your depth in this matter.
我覺得你在這件事上管得也太寬了
So, the next time that you want to come in here
以后你要是還想來我辦公室
and tell me what I'm doing wrong,
指責我
you are welcome to keep it to yourself.
你最好把話留著說給自己聽
Because I don't care.
你的意見,我壓根不在乎
Stop.
等等
Close the door.
把門關上
They're late.
他們遲到了
Must be traffic.
肯定是堵車了
I wonder how this is supposed to work.
等下我要怎么辦
I mean, who goes first?
我是說,誰先來
You know, do I hand over the pills first?
是我先把藥給他們呢
Or do they give me the money and then I hand over the pills?
還是他們先給我錢,我再給他們藥
I mean, I guess it makes sense
其實我覺得
if we just exchanged at the same time, right?
一手交錢一手交貨才對
I mean, that's -- that's fair.
那就公平多了
I mean, just count to three.
要不就數到三
Probably the less talk, the better.
你最好話少說點
Right.
是啊
Yeah, I suppose --
我想
I suppose you could really over-think something like this.
碰到這種事情,誰都會多想
Yeah. Well, in any case --
是啊,無論如何...
Here is what is going to happen.
等下你就這么辦
You're gonna take the money. You're going to count it.
你先問他們要錢,再數錢
If it's all there, you hand them the pills.
如果錢夠數,就把藥給他們
Easy peasy.
就這么簡單
I knew we needed three guys.
我就知道得帶三個人
I knew it. It's a three-man job.
這本來就是三個人的活
God.
老天
Hello. Hi.
你好啊
Do you have it?
東西帶來了嗎
Do you have -- do you have the money?
那你帶...帶錢了嗎
Is it all there?
錢夠嗎
Uh, we're -- we're short $20 -- $20.
那個,還,還少二十塊
That's fine.
算了吧
Agreed amount or no deal.
把錢交齊,否則一切免談
You serious?
你說真的嗎
You saying I intentionally shorted you?
你覺得我故意少給你錢嗎
No. Mistakes happen.
當然不,犯錯也是難免的
You're really willing to blow up this deal over 20 bucks?
就為區區二十塊,連生意你都不做了嗎
Are you?
那得看你做不做
It's all there.
都在這兒了
Uh, 80-milligram pills -- still factory-sealed.
八十毫克的藥片,從沒開過封
You can pay me now.
現在該給我錢了吧
So... h-how did you know?
你...你怎么知道
How did you know not to bring a gun?
你怎么知道不用帶槍
This $1,500 -I'll just say it --
我就直說了,給我一千五
You're getting a bargain.
你這是揀了大便宜
I put in a lot of legwork before coming here.
來這兒之前我可是做足了功課
Now, that fella you just met with, name is Ignacio Varga.
剛才那家伙叫伊格納西奧·瓦爾加
He runs with a connected crew of drug dealers.
他和一幫毒販一起干
Now, this deal he's doing with you,
剛剛和你做的這筆生意
he's doing outside his crew.
是他背著同伙做的
He doesn't want his bosses to know,
他可不想被他老大發現
So it was in his best interest that things go very smoothly.
所以,他最怕出岔子
The lesson is, if you're gonna be a criminal, do your homework.
總結一下,要當罪犯,先得做點功課
Wait. I-I'm not a bad guy.
等等,我可不是壞蛋
No, I didn't say you're a bad guy. I said you're a criminal.
我也沒說你是壞蛋,我說你是罪犯
What's the difference?
有啥區別嗎
I've known good criminals and bad cops,
我見過好罪犯,壞警察
bad priests, honorable thieves.
卑劣的牧師,高尚的小偷
You can be on one side of the law or the other,
你或者守法,或者違法
but if you make a deal with somebody, you keep your word.
但只要和別人做生意,就得遵守約定
You can go home today with your money and never do this again,
你這就可以拿錢回家,再也不干這種事
but you took something that wasn't yours,
但你到底是拿了本不屬于你的東西
and you sold it for a profit.
還用它來賣錢
You're now a criminal -- good one, bad one?
所以你已經是個罪犯了,不過是好是壞
That's up to you.
就看你自己了
I -I can get more pills.
我能弄到更多藥
And I am sure that fella will keep buying.
那人肯定也會一直買
Why don't you get us home?
開車回家吧
You can sleep on it before you decide.
睡一覺再決定
I was worried about you.
我很擔心你
I must have called a dozen times.
打了你十幾通電話
Sorry. My phone died.
抱歉,我手機沒電了
It's one of the perks of living in Chuck-land --
住在查克家的一項特別待遇
nowhere to plug in.
沒插座
But tonight -- it's Jimmy-land.
但今晚在吉米家
I've got gin, I've got tequila,
有杜松子酒,龍舌蘭酒
I've got good Kentucky bourbon,
還有上好的肯塔基波旁酒
and you may partake with me in any beverage of your choice
這些酒你隨便挑
on one condition -- you have to listen to me rant
只要你能聽我痛罵
about what an absolute unwashed asshole your boss is.
你老板是個不折不扣的王八蛋
Jimmy.
吉米
No, nah, it's true. Don't deny it.
這是事實,別為他辯白
He has reached a level of douchebaggery
他已經傻逼到了
that will live on for generations --
會遺傳給后世子孫的程度
passed down by wind talkers and the like.
被風語者代代相傳
He'd rather tank a multi-million-dollar case
他寧愿讓一個幾百萬的案子打水漂
than work with me.
也不愿跟我合作
That's -- that's sick. He has a sickness.
有毛病,他腦子有病
No, he hates me that much?
他這么討厭我嗎
I hate him more! What you drinking?
我更討厭他,你喝什么
Jimmy.
吉米
Yeah, I want to grab him by that stupid knit tie of his
沒錯,我想抓著他的針織領帶
and swing him around.
把他甩飛
Jimmy. "Hamlindigo blue."
吉米,"哈姆林靛藍"
How about "Hamlindigo blow me"?! Jimmy!
不如叫"哈姆林舔爛我" 吉米
I think you should take the deal.
我覺得你應該接受他的條件
What?
什么
I think you should slow down and think about it
我覺得你該好好想一想
because taking the deal really is the best thing for you.
因為接受他的條件絕對是你最好的選擇
You'll find yourself a proper office -- your office.
你可以找間體面的辦公室,自己的辦公室
You'll build your practice.
積累實踐經驗
You'll leave Hamlin and HHM behind --
不用理會哈姆林和他的律所
be your own man.
自己創業
You want me to give up the case?
你希望我放棄這個案子嗎
My case?
我的案子
I want you to be happy.
我希望你快樂
And I know you want to stay with the case, but...
我知道你放不下這個案子,但是...
You'll get all the financial reward without the risk.
你可以毫無風險得到全部報酬
How can that be bad?
這能叫差嗎
You come here peddling that horseshit on me?
你來這里幫那個混蛋說話
God, you?! You sure know where your bread is buttered, huh?
給你好處你就替他賣命是吧
You don't want to go up against the boss. Is that it?
你不愿意跟老板作對是吧
You're like a -- you're like a damn pod person.
你簡直,你簡直就是他的走狗
What did Hamlin promise you?
哈姆林答應你什么好處
Please, tell me he didn't buy you off cheap.
別告訴我一點好處就把你收買了
Did he promise you the office I asked for?
他承諾給你那間辦公室了嗎
Or did he just swear never to move you back downstairs?!
還是發誓絕不把你轟下樓
Take the deal.
接受他的條件
Oh, son of a bitch.
狗娘養的
Jimmy?
吉米
Jesus, when did you come in?
天,你什么時候進來的
I don't know. I...left my watch outside.
不知道,我把表放在外面了
You know, maybe an hour ago.
大概一小時前來的吧
Are you doing some ironing?
你準備熨衣服嗎
Yeah, I...
沒錯,我...
Hey, I know things didn't go well for us yesterday,
我知道昨天事情不太順利
but, boy, being back in the office sure felt good.
但是,回辦公室的感覺很不錯
Really good.
相當棒
I want to be prepared in case any more work comes my way.
萬一我有更多活,我得做好準備
And the space-blanket lining in the suit --
太空毯穿西裝里面
what a fantastic idea.
這主意真棒
It really made being outside m-much more tolerable.
走出家門再也不是煎熬了
I'm thinking about taking a little walk
待會我想在小區周圍
around the block later on.
散會兒步
That's great, Chuck. You should do that.
真棒,查克,你該出去轉轉
Jimmy, are you all right?
吉米,你沒事吧
Well, I didn't sleep last night,
我昨晚沒睡
so just doing some soul searching,
一直在思考
and I -I came to a decision.
我決定了
I'm gonna take that deal.
我接受哈姆林的條件
You're sure?
你確定
This is what you want?
這是你想要的嗎
Kim talked to me. I got pretty nasty.
金找我談了,我很生氣
I'm not proud, but thinking about what she said,
做這決定我并不自豪,但想想她說的話
I'd be a fool to pass up that money.
不要這筆錢我不成傻子了嗎
It is a lot of money.
錢是不少
And I have zero interest in working with Howard,
我根本不想和霍華德合作
so it's probably best that we keep to our separate sandboxes.
所以我和他還是各做各的比較好
Wish it could have worked out.
希望一切順利
Yeah. Imagine that, huh?
你能想象嗎
The two McGill boys side by side storming the gates,
麥吉爾兄弟并肩跨入法庭大門
righting wrongs, taking down the bad guys,
弘揚正義,懲惡揚善
and making a boatload of money to boot.
而且還大把大把地賺錢
That would have been great, right?
實在是太棒了,不是嗎
The very best.
最棒的
Yeah. Yeah.
是啊, 是啊
I'll keep on Howard.
我來搞定霍華德
I won't badger him, but maybe I can gradually wear him down,
我不會纏著他不放,但也許可以慢慢拖垮他
You know, get him to come around.
讓他回心轉意
That's -- thanks.
真是,謝謝
Wow, you...
你真是
I'm so lucky to have you looking out for me.
有一個如此照顧我的哥哥真是太幸運了
I'll do what I can. I'm not promising anything.
我盡量,沒說一定能成
No, I get it. It's a long shot.
我懂,沒那么容易
Hey, he might change his mind.
他可能會改變主意
Yeah.
是啊
Hey, maybe there is a way
也許你有辦法
that you could get Howard to change his mind.
能讓霍華德改變主意
How? Quit.
什么辦法, 辭職
Jimmy, n-no. No, no, no. No, no, it's -- it's perfect.
吉米,不行, 不,這很完美
We've already been through all of this,
我們已經談過了
all -- all the reasons I'm never gonna leave HHM.
我跟你說了我不會離開律所
No, no. You -- but you don't have to really quit.
不不,但你不是真的退出
Okay, you just threaten to quit, right?
你只是威脅要退出
You get in a game of chicken with Howard.
你就跟霍華德來一場博弈
He's got to blink, or HHM goes under.
他不得不讓步,不然律所就會垮
It's -- it's a perfect plan.
這計劃太棒了
Jimmy -- If that's what you want,
吉米, 如果你希望
you know, u-us working together.
咱倆能一起工作
You can make it happen -- easily.
你可以輕而易舉地實現
I mean, hey.
我是說
That reception you got yesterday at HHM --
昨天你在律所受到的接待
How about that, right?
感覺怎么樣
The whole lobby of HHM applauding for you.
所有人都為你鼓掌
They love you!
他們愛你
Now, you threaten to pull out --
現在你威脅要退出
Hamlin would be insane to screw with you.
哈姆林絕對不敢惹毛你
You've got the nuclear option.
你手上可拿著殺手锏呢
Launch the doomsday device.
一旦你按下發射鍵
Game over --
他們就玩完了
If working with me is what you really want.
如果你真想跟我一起工作的話
Right, Chuck?
怎么樣,查克
You called him.
是你打電話給他
You called Hamlin.
是你打給哈姆林
I always turn my phone off before I put it in your mailbox.
我把手機放進郵箱之前都會關機
Two nights ago, it was left on -- battery drained.
兩晚前,手機是開著的,第二天沒電了
And I was so damn sure that I turned it off,
而且我十分確定把它關了
you know, 'cause I always do.
因為我一直這么干
It's a habit, right?
這是習慣
So, it was nagging me. It was nagging me!
所以我就在琢磨,一直在想
So I called the phone company.
所以我打給電話公司
Turns out, there was a deleted call at 2:00 A.M.,
結果發現當晚兩點有一條被刪除的通話記錄
when I was asleep right there.
那時候我就在那兒睡覺
And you know who's number?
你知道是打給誰的嗎
Hamlin's.
哈姆林
The only person who could have made that call
唯一能播出這個電話
and deleted it is you, Chuck.
并刪除記錄的人就是你,查克
Boy, that phone, huh?
好家伙,打電話啊
Phone must have felt like a blowtorch in your ear.
手機對你來說應該像個酒精噴燈一樣燙手啊
All that electricity, all those radio waves
那些電流,還有那些在你腦邊
right up against the side of your head?
縈繞不去的無線電波
My god.
天哪
What was so important
什么事這么重要
that you had to call Howard before our meeting?
讓你在會面之前必須打給霍華德
The only thing I can think, the only thing that makes sense
我能想到的唯一一件事,唯一說得通的
is you told him not to hire me.
就是你告訴他不要雇我
It was always you, right?
一直都是你,對嗎
Right back to when I passed the bar
從我通過律師考試
and tried to join the firm.
想要加入律所開始
You didn't want me.
你就不想雇我
Speak up.
說出來
Tell me why.
告訴我為什么
It's the least you can do for me now.
你現在起碼可以給我一個解釋
I'm your brother.
我是你親弟弟
We're supposed to look out for each other.
我們應該照顧彼此的
Why were you working against me, Chuck?
你為什么要跟我作對,查克
You're not a real lawyer.
你不是個真正的律師
I'm what?
什么
You're not a real lawyer!
你不是個真正的律師
University of American Samoa, for Christ sake?
美屬薩摩亞大學,我的老天
An online course? What a joke.
在線學習,簡直是笑話
I worked my ass off to get where I am,
我付出了多少努力才到現在的地位
and you take these shortcuts and you think,
而你走了這些捷徑
suddenly, you're my peer?
就能變成我的同事嗎
You do what I do because you're funny
你跟我一樣當律師,就因為你很幽默嗎
and you can make people laugh?
你能讓別人發笑嗎
I committed my life to this.
我為這事業付出了一切
You don't slide into it like a cheap pair of slippers
絕對不能讓你這么容易就摻和進來
and then reap all the rewards.
搶走所有的功勞
I thought you were proud of me.
我還以為你為我驕傲
I was!
我確實為你驕傲
When you straightened out and got a job in the mailroom,
你金盆洗手后到收發室工作
I was very proud.
我感到非常驕傲
So that's it then, right?
所以就應該那樣是嗎
Keep old Jimmy down in the mailroom
讓老吉米待在收發室
'cause he's not good enough to be a lawyer.
因為他沒資格成為一名律師
I know you.
我了解你
I know what you were, what you are.
我了解你的過去,你的現在
People don't change. You're slippin' Jimmy.
人不會改變的,你是"風流吉米"
And slippin' Jimmy I can handle just fine,
風流吉米我能接受
but slippin' Jimmy with a law degree
但再加上一個法律學位
is like a chimp with a machine gun.
就像猩猩拿著一把機關槍
The law is sacred!
法律是神圣的
If you abuse that power, people get hurt.
如果你濫用權力,會傷害別人的
This is not a game.
這不是一場游戲
And you have to know, on -- on some level,
你得知道,在某種程度上
I know you know I'm right.
你也知道我是對的
You know I'm right.
你知道我是對的
I...
我
I got you a 20-pound bag of ice
我給你買了一包二十磅的冰
and some bacon and some eggs
一些培根和雞蛋
and a couple of those steaks that you like
幾塊你喜歡吃的牛排
and some fuel cannisters.
還有一些燃料罐
It's enough for three or four days.
夠你用三四天的
After that, you're on your own.
之后你就要靠自己了
I am done.
我受夠了
Jimmy.
吉米
Jimmy.
吉米
Jimmy!
吉米
Jimmy, come back inside.
吉米,回來
Jimmy!
吉米
Jimmy.
吉米