Once again... I do all the talking.
這次也都讓我來說
That's the only way this works.
這是唯一可行的方法
Hand it over.
拿過來
Now, before that happens --
在我們交還本子之前
Hand it over.
拿過來
No. Hey. I've got it right here.
別這樣,東西就在我這
Is this it?
是這個嗎
I'll -I will take that as a "Yes."
那應該就是了
Very well. Mystery solved.
很好,謎團解開了
You know, I could take you into custody right now,
我現在就可以拘留你們
You son of a bitch --
你個混蛋
both of you.
你倆都是
Where's this coming from?
你干嘛這么說
You're the one who spilled the coffee,
是你把咖啡倒到我身上的
you ambulance-chasing piece of shit!
你這個喪盡天良的混蛋律師
Can we dial it down, you know, just a notch?
可以稍微冷靜一點嗎
Look, 45 minutes ago, I'm sound asleep.
聽著,四十五分鐘前,我睡得正香
I get a call from Mr. Ehrmantraut.
厄門紹特先生給我打了個電話
He's concerned.
他很擔心
He's getting threatening voicemails from you
因為你在語音留言里威脅他
accusing him of petty theft.
指控他是個賊
I tell him, "Hey, we're gonna nip this in the bud.
我說, "我們可以將問題扼殺在萌芽階段
I don't care what the hell time it is.
不管現在是什么時候
We're gonna go talk this thing out."
我們都可以解決這個問題"
And walking across the parking lot, just now -- boom --
而就在我們穿過停車場的時候,就剛剛
there's a notepad, plain as day, lying on the asphalt,
這本子就好端端地躺在柏油路上
where I can only surmise you accidentally dropped it, detective.
我只能假設是你不小心掉的,警探先生
Now, guys, that's -- that's all we know.
我們知道的就這些了
Let me tell you something, slick --
聽著,老滑頭
wait till I get you back to philadelphia.
你就等著我把你弄回費城吧
I'm confused.
我不太明白
The state of pennsylvania can extradite people
賓州難道會因為歸還失物
for returning lost property?
把好人引渡回去嗎
That is one bold legislature.
這法立得不錯
Anything you want to say to me about what you found in here?
關于里面的東西你有什么想說的嗎
Now that it's all out in the open?
現在你什么都知道了
Maybe your daughter-in-law --
也許你兒媳婦
maybe she's got something to tell me.
也許她會告訴我們的
Maybe.
也許
Maybe not.
也許不會
Yeah, we'll see.
等著瞧
First thing tomorrow...
明天第一件事
I mean, you got to figure she wouldn't reach out to us
你肯定在想,要是她什么都不知道
if she had nothing to say.
怎么會主動聯系我們
Hopefully, whatever you are
希望你所做的一切
didn't rub off on the rest of your family.
不會連累到你的家人
Thanks.
謝謝
You're welcome. Let's get the hell out of here.
不客氣,我們離開這個鬼地方吧
No, I mean "thanks" as in "Three's a crowd."
"謝謝"的意思是,三個人在這太擠了
You can go now.
你可以走了
You're not talking to my client without me.
我不在場你不能跟我的委托人說話
Yeah, he is. Please leave now.
他可以,請你走吧
Man. You ever have jet lag?
你倒過時差嗎
I guess that's what this is.
我現在還在倒
Maybe it's the altitude?
也許是海拔的原因
Could be the altitude.
可能是海拔
We're a mile up, right?
這里海拔一千六百多米,是吧
Sorry about the kid.
那孩子,我很抱歉
He's young, looking to make his mark.
他很年輕,正是大展拳腳的時候
I like him.
我喜歡他
Your daughter-in-law -- what --
你兒媳婦,她
what's she gonna tell us?
她會和我們說什么呢
I don't honestly know.
我真的不知道
Well, Mike, if she's got nothing to say,
麥克,如果她什么都不說的話
this pretty well ends it here.
這件事就到此結束了
So maybe you should talk to her before we do.
也許你應該在我們找她之前和她聊聊
I talked.
我和她聊過了
If I were to guess, I'd say she wouldn't tell you much.
我猜,她不會和你們說什么
But...
但是
Either way, that's up to her.
不管怎樣,隨她吧
That's the least I owe her.
這是我欠她的
There's a lot of people we both know
我們認識的很多人
that think that Fensky got what was coming to him --
都覺得芬斯基該死
Hoffman, too.
霍夫曼也是
That whole precinct was a sewer.
那整個轄區就像個下水道
Wouldn't be surprised if there's a few more early retirements.
提早退休的人再多一些也不足為奇
Might be a good thing -- new blood.
也許是好事,可以補充新鮮血液
Like the kid.
像那孩子一樣
Yeah.
沒錯
He's all right.
他還好
He's just got to learn, that's all.
就是需要些經驗
Some rocks you don't turn over.
有些事情,不要拆穿
What did you say to him?
你和他說了什么
Let's go, word for word, verbatim, while it's still fresh.
趁你還記得,逐字逐句復述給我聽
What I said is none of your concern.
我說了什么不關你的事
I was speaking to a friend.
只是和一個朋友聊聊
You were speaking to a homicide detective
你是和一個飛了三千兩百公里
who flew 2,000 miles to investigate a double murder
來調查一起雙重謀殺案的警探聊天
for which you are clearly the prime suspect.
而且你還是主要嫌疑人
How could you not recognize the mind games, the scams,
你怎么會不了解他們的小詭計,心理戰
the -- the con jobs these people play?
還有一出出騙局
You used to be one of them. So what got said?
你過去也干過,所以你到底說了什么
Right now, come on. I'm serious.
現在就說,我很認真的
I know you're trying to help me, but you can't go --
我知道你在幫我,但是你不能
Look, no, I'm trying to help me.
聽著,我是在幫我自己
Those two Philly cheesesteaks --
那兩個費城的條子
They want to lock me up right alongside you.
想把我關在你的隔壁
So, work with me here, for the both of us.
跟我合作,這對我們倆都好
You're safe, counselor,
你很安全,律師
and I no longer require your services.
我也不再需要你為我服務了
You're -- you're kidding, right?
開什么玩笑
What -- y-you think you're gonna defend yourself?
你認為可以為自己辯護嗎
It's in someone else's hands.
會有別人去做的
What -- like god? No.
誰,上帝嗎, 不
Please don't say Hamlin, Hamlin, Mcgill.
別告訴我是哈姆林麥吉爾聯合律所
I appreciate your help. Go home. Go to bed.
很感謝你的幫忙,回家睡覺去吧
Send me your bill.
把賬單寄給我
Oh, I'm sending you my bill.
我會把賬單寄給你的
I'm sending --
我會寄...
You better believe it!
肯定會寄的
It's me -- your friendly neighborhood ice man.
是我,善良的送冰人
There was a run on bacon.
培根肉賣斷貨了
I'll get you next time.
我下次再給你買
Chuck, you there?!
查克,你在嗎
Chuck?
查克
Chuck?
查克
Chuck, you up there?
查克,你在樓上嗎
Hello?
有人嗎
I'm out here!
我在外面
Chuck?
查克
...112, 113, 114...
...112, 113, 114...
Holy shit! What are you doing?!
老天吶,你在干什么
...115, 116, 117,
...115, 116, 117,
118, 119...
118, 119...
120! Go! Go! Inside!
120 走,進屋去
What the hell was that?
你在干什么
What the hell was that?
你在干什么
Just give me a second.
讓我喘口氣
Okay.
好了
Okay.
好了
It's an experiment, really.
是一項實驗,真的
I've been attempting to build up a tolerance for electromagnetic fields.
我正在嘗試建立對外界電磁場的耐受性
Seriously? Yeah.
真的嗎, 是的
Yeah, it's like, um, you know,
是的,就好像,你知道的
like taking small doses of poison to build up an immunity.
每天攝入一點毒藥,時間一長就有免疫力了
Yeah, well, is that a real thing?
有用嗎
'Cause that does not sound like a real thing.
因為那聽起來好像沒用
It's a real thing.
真的
Anyway, as you well know,
總之,你也知道的
there is a 60-kilovolt transformer
在我家前院西南偏南方向二百米處
200 meters south-southwest of my front yard.
有個六十千伏的變壓器
And I've been trying to get acclimated to it.
我一直在讓自己去適應它
I got up to two minutes today.
我今天整整待了兩分鐘
Jesus, Chuck. Yeah.
天吶,查克, 是啊
Two days ago, I could barely stand 30 seconds.
兩天前,我連三十秒都待不上
I'm trying to get up to five minutes by next week.
下周我準備嘗試五分鐘
That is just...
那真是...
Uh, but why now?
可為什么是現在呢
Well, after what happened with the police and the hospital,
被警察抓走,又被送進醫院
I almost lost everything, Jimmy.
我現在幾乎什么都沒有了,吉米
I can't go on like this.
我不能再這樣生活下去
I have to find a way to get better.
我必須想辦法好起來
I've got to. I have to get back to work.
我必須好起來,我要回去工作
Sitting here, rotting away --
坐在這里,慢慢腐爛...
This is no kind of life for me -- for anyone.
這不是我該過的生活,誰都不該這樣生活
I need to be useful again.
我必須重新做回一個有用的人
Chuck... I am so proud of you.
查克,我真為你驕傲
It'll be a long process,
這個過程將會很漫長
but one to which I'm very much committed.
但是我堅信自己一定會做到
I have to be.
我必須做到
God, I -I'll be right back.
天吶,我馬上回來
I got to get a few more things out of the car. All right.
我去車里拿點東西, 好的
All right.
很好
What's all this?
這是什么
It's just some case files. I'm out of room at the office.
只是一些卷宗,辦公室里沒地方放了
I don't want to leave them in the car.
我不想把它們放在車上
There's a lot of sensitive information.
這里有很多敏感信息
Y-you're not planning to leave them here.
你不會是打算把東西放在這里吧
Yeah. I don't know. Jimmy.
是啊, 可能不行,吉米
It'll just be for a little while, okay?
不會放太久的,好嗎
I'm practically sleeping on these things back at my place.
我那里已經堆滿了,我都沒地方睡覺了
Business is that good?
生意那么好嗎
It's booming -- streets of gold.
簡直太興隆了,遍地是黃金
Yeah. I'll get these out of here as quick as I can.
放心,我會盡快把這些東西弄走的
I just need to file the 4-13s on some of these wills,
我要為一些遺囑增添四章十三條的內容
and, uh, I'll be out of your hair.
然后就不會再來打擾你了
4-13s?
四章十三條
Personal property statements.
個人財產聲明
You mean 5-13s.
那是五章十三條
Yeah. Sorry.
對,抱歉
I was just working with these seniors.
我總跟這些老年人一起工作
Maybe the dementia's contagious, huh?
可能老年癡呆也會傳染吧
So, uh, we good here? See you tomorrow. Same time.
我們說好了,明天老時間見
James McGill,
我是詹姆斯·麥吉爾
Scott said he'd leave the keys to 801,
斯科特說會留下801室的鑰匙
the suite that's for lease.
那間出租套房
Here you go. Just bring them back when you're done.
給你,看完之后給我就行
You got it.
好的
Wow, this is, like... really nice.
這里看起來,真的很不錯
Why do you sound surprised?
怎么聽起來那么驚訝
Not...surprised, no.
不驚訝,不
Just, you know, could you afford this?
只是,你付得起租金嗎
Oh, yeah. Are you kidding?
當然了,開什么玩笑
Those seniors have been very good to me.
那些老人對我特別好
I've been meaning to expand, you know?
我打算擴大規模,知道嗎
It's time to invest in myself.
是時候為自己投資了
Figure this may be just the place.
我覺得這里再適合不過了
Well, won't you miss the Nail Salon?
你不會想念那個美甲店嗎
Oh, I can always visit,
我又不是不能回去了
you know, get some french tips.
說不定還做個法式美甲呢
It's a clean slate.
這是間清水房
Put the, uh, reception desk right here.
接待處就設在這兒
Uh, get some comfortable seating for the clients.
擺些舒適的沙發給我的委托人坐
I-it's big -- lot of offices.
真大啊,裝得下好多辦公室呢
Yeah, I like the openness.
是啊,我就喜歡大空間
I feel like I can breathe in here, you know?
這樣我才覺得呼吸順暢
It's not some claustrophobic, little closet.
不像那些窄小幽閉的屋子
That smells like acetone.
聞著一股丙酮的味
Room to grow.
這里發展空間很大
Dream big, I say.
人就是要敢想
Got a decent-size conference room --
大小恰到好處的會議室
not as big as Hamlin's, but, you know, it's cozy.
雖然沒有哈姆林律所那么大,但很舒適
Our elderly brethren prefer that, I find.
我們的老年同胞一定會喜歡的
Yeah. Could be cozier, though.
是啊,不過還能搞得再舒適些
Maybe you could embroider some little cushions,
你可以弄些刺繡墊子
crochet a runner for the table.
織條漂亮桌布
And rocking chairs all around? Yes.
周圍擺上搖椅, 沒錯
Make it look like the front of a Cracker Barrel, huh?
弄的像老餅干餐館那樣的前廳
Now you're talking.
就該這樣
This is me.
這是我的辦公室
I love it.
真棒啊
Got to look successful to be successful. Am I right?
想要成功就得先看上去成功,對吧
Well, this definitely looks like success.
沒錯,看起來是挺成功的
Great view.
視野真好
Get you a big, fancy desk in here.
在這里擺個寬大的辦公桌
Cocobolo desk.
要黃檀木桌
A what? I don't know what it means,
什么桌, 我也不知道那是什么
But I just like saying the word "Cocobolo."
但我就喜歡說"黃檀木"這三個字
Okay, well, whatever it is, you deserve it.
好吧,不管是什么桌,都是你應得的
And, uh, I want you to see this one.
我還想讓你看看這兒
Here we are.
就這間
This is way better than the other one.
這間比那間好多了
You think? Uh, yeah.
是嗎, 是啊
Who goes in here?
這是給誰的屋子
'cause I'd be all up in here if I were you.
我要是你,肯定選這間當辦公室
Yeah.
嗯
Yeah, you know, you're right. It is real nice.
這屋子確實不錯
It's a corner office. You got to go with the corner office.
這是轉角辦公室,你得坐轉角辦公室
Eh, I was saving it for someone.
我其實是想把這間留給別人的
Who? Well, my partner.
給誰, 我的合伙人
Your partner? Who's...
你的合伙人,那是...
Who would that be?
會是誰呢
Well, you said you were interested in Elder law.
你之前不是說對老年法很感興趣嗎
That's...
這...
That is so...
這也太...
Thank you. Really.
謝謝,真的謝謝你
But you know I've got a lot invested at HHM.
可我為哈姆林麥吉爾聯合律所付出了很多
With what's going on now,
照目前的情況看
I-I'm closer than ever to partner --
我非常有可能成為合伙人
Like, maybe two years, and I'm in.
也許兩年以后,我就是了
Yeah, I know.
我知道
Yeah, it's -- it's just a thought.
我只是這樣想想而已
Plus, you know, they put me through law school.
而且,他們還供我去法律學校讀書
I feel like I owe them.
我欠他們人情
Actually, I do owe them -- literally, you know?
實際上我還欠他們錢
But it's a nice thought, Jimmy.
不過還是謝謝你想到我,吉米
Just, uh, you know, playing with ideas.
你知道的,我就是喜歡胡思亂想
So, I had the extra office and everything, so...
多了一間辦公室,所以就...
Yeah. No, I get it. It's...
我知道
I...want to see the kitchen.
我想看看廚房
They have stainless in here.
居然是不銹鋼的
I don't even have stainless at home.
我家都不是不銹鋼
I know this is the last thing you want to hear.
這些話你們可能不想聽
I think your chances of getting a
但我認為,陪審團不太可能
favorable ruling from a jury are very slim.
給出有利于我們的裁決
What does that mean?
什么意思
We're not in a great position to win at trial.
我們沒有絕對把握勝訴
But we came to you people
但我們雇你們
because we were told you win cases.
不就是因為你們說能打贏官司嗎
Winning doesn't always mean getting a favorable verdict at trial.
勝訴并不等于獲得有利裁決
We try to achieve the best possible outcome
每一件案子中,我們都努力幫助委托人
for our clients, given each individual case.
取得可能的最好結果
Frankly, we've worked very hard to stave off an arrest.
坦白說,我們費盡心思,才讓你們免于逮捕
After the misunderstanding about your, uh, camping trip,
你們野營的故事造成了些誤會
the D.A. was concerned you might be a flight risk.
地檢官認為你們可能是畏罪潛逃
A flight risk?
畏罪潛逃
We -- we were practically in our own backyard.
可我們只是待在自家后院
That's exactly what we told the d.A.
我們也是這么告訴地檢官的
In any case, I think we've managed to come up with a deal
不管怎樣,我們已經為二位想出一個
that is very favorable under the circumstances.
此時最有利的協議
A deal? I hate that terminology.
協議,我可不喜歡這個詞
A deal is what they got O.J.
他們給辛普森的就是個"協議"
Well, Betsy, maybe we should, you know,
貝茜,也許我們應該
hear it. I'm just saying, it's terrible term.
先聽聽看, 這詞聽著就很可怕
What kind of...deal?
那到底是...什么樣的"協議"
If the prosecution decides to file,
如果檢方要提起訴訟
which is definitely the direction this seems to be headed,
目前看來這很有可能
and if they choose to stack charges,
并且扣給你一堆罪名的話
Craig, you're looking at 30 years in prison.
克雷格,你就得蹲三十年的大牢了
30 years? That's the maximum, and given the nature
三十年, 這是最壞的估計,考慮到
of the charge and the current political environment,
這些罪名的性質和目前的政治環境
I'd say we should expect it.
我們應該做好這個準備
The public outcry in cases like these is a big factor.
公眾對此類案件的反感會影響裁決
However, after much discussion with the D.A.,
不過,我們和地檢官進行了幾番交涉
who is also invested in keeping the press to a minimum,
他也希望此事越低調越好
we have arrived at an arrangement,
于是我們達成了一致
which would include 16 months in a county facility.
你要在郡監獄服刑十六個月
16 months.
十六個月
Down from 30 years.
比起三十年已經少很多了
And you most likely wouldn't serve all of it.
你也很有可能提早出獄
But he would have to say he was guilty.
但他必須認罪
Admitting wrongdoing and making the county whole again
認罪和恢復縣財政這兩個條件
goes a long way here -- hence the minimal sentence.
幫了很大的忙,所以才給了最低量刑
Uh, "Making the county whole again"?
什么叫"恢復縣財政"
It includes the stipulation that you return $1.6 million
這包括歸還160萬
in misappropriated funds.
挪用的公款
Give back the money? But there is no money.
把錢還回去, 但根本沒有錢
There's no money. We told you -Craig is innocent.
沒有錢, 早就說了,克雷格是無辜的
I understand.
我理解
However, I'd like to emphasize again
但是我還是想強調一下
that this deal is Craig's best chance of minimizing jail time.
這個協議是減少克雷格刑期的最好機會
You're telling us
你是告訴我們
there are drug dealers and murderers walking the streets,
大街上這么多毒販子和殺人犯
but instead of going after them,
放著他們不抓
they want to put an innocent man in jail.
偏要把一個無辜的人關起來
There's no other...way?
沒有別的辦法...了嗎
I'm sorry. I think, under the circumstances,
不好意思,我覺得目前看來
this is your best option.
這是你們最好的選擇
Murderers and rapists, and this is how they tr--
殺人犯和強奸犯就是這樣...
Okay. There is no money. There never was.
好吧,我們沒有錢,根本就沒有錢
You have to take this to trial.
你必須在庭審上講明這一點
Look, you have a difficult,
聽著,這個選擇的確很困難
but nevertheless straightforward choice to make here.
但對你們來說也是最直接的辦法了
On one hand, you give up the money,
一方面,你們把錢交出來
plead... Ah! I just told you -- there is no money.
認... 我剛說了,沒有錢
Plead guilty -- it's painful, I know --
認罪,我知道這很痛苦
And go to jail for a year and a half.
坐一年半的牢
But your other choice -- that is no choice at all.
但其他選擇...毫無出路
If you go to trial, you'll most likely lose,
如果上庭,很有可能敗訴
and Craig goes to prison for decades.
克雷格就得坐幾十年的牢
Your children will grow up seeing their dad through bars
你們的孩子只能在探視日去監獄
on visiting day.
見他們的爸爸
I know what I'd do.
換我肯定不會猶豫
I'd take the deal.
我會接受協議
Two years from now, you can be starting over.
兩年后,你就能從頭再來
It's tough, I know...
我知道很困難
But you're tough people.
但你們不會向困難低頭
And your family is worth it.
而且你也該為你的家人考慮
Why don't I give you a few moments to discuss this?
我還是讓你們倆商量幾分鐘吧
I know it's a big decision.
我知道這個決定很重大
We don't need to discuss it.
我們不用商量
You're fired.
你被炒了
How about we go to my office and discuss this?
要不去我的辦公室再討論討論
I'm sure there's a solution.
肯定還有別的辦法
That won't be necessary.
沒必要
We will no longer be requiring your services.
我們不需要你們代理了
Yeah, it's not personal, really.
我們真的不是針對你
If you're unhappy with what we presented to you,
如果你對我們提供的選擇不滿意
there may be other directions we can go.
也許還有別的辦法
We're done here! Please stop following us!
沒什么好談的了,別跟著我們了
Don't look back.
別回頭
Only look forward. Always in life, look forward.
只向前看,人生中只向前看
O70 O70
O-70! O-70!
Oh, yeah. 70's a good age.
太棒了,人到七十精神爽
All right, duck your heads,
好了,埋頭看仔細了
'cause here comes another number.
下一個數字要出爐嘍
N32
N-32.
And the action never stops.
游戲還在繼續
I hope you all took your heart pills,
希望大家都帶了速效救心丸哦
'cause it's almost too much excitement, right?
這實在是太刺激了,對吧
Which one will it be?
到底會是哪個數字呢
Say your prayers. Here it comes.
祈禱吧,來了
All right, we've got G-48 --
好了,接下來是G48
"G," as in "Guy Lombardo."
就是蓋伊·倫巴度(小提琴家)的首字母哦
G48
G-48.
Keep your elbows to yourselves, okay? No body-checking.
把自個的手管牢了,別動手動腳的
All right, what do we have here?
下一個是什么呢
B6 Wait for it. B-6.
咱們來看看
Lucky B-6, just like the vitamin -- all right --
幸運之B6就像維他命B6
which you should be taking.
你們要吃的那種
Keep things moving in the old G.I. Tract.
讓你們的胃腸道健康運動
Bingo!
賓果
Oh, we have a winner!
有人贏了
Lady luck has struck again.
幸運女神再次降臨
Let's see a hand so we know who's won.
舉起手來,讓大家看看
It's the lovely young lady in the back.
是后面那位可愛的女士
Congratulations, Miss. You've won a, um --
恭喜你,女士,你贏得了...
What do we have for the lovely lady?
這位可愛的女士贏得了什么
Notebook.
筆記本
Yeah, it's an adorable notebook.
沒錯,是一本精致的筆記本
Do you like cats, Miss, uh...
你喜歡貓咪嗎,貴姓...
Oh, Irene. I love kitties.
艾琳,我愛貓咪
I have two Siamese cats -Oscar and Felix.
我養了兩只暹羅貓,奧斯卡和費利克斯
Felix can wash himself.
費利克斯會給自己洗澡
Oscar won't. He -- he just won't.
奧斯卡不行,它...就是不行
What a lovely story. Thank you.
多么有趣啊,謝謝你
Um, can you take that to Irene?
你能把這個給艾琳嗎
And when you come back, cover -- yeah?
你回來了幫我頂一下,行嗎
Uh, I'm gonna take a short break,
我要休息一小會
'cause somebody needs legal help.
有人需要我提供法律援助
Offices of James McGill,
詹姆斯·麥吉爾先生辦公室
Esquire. How may I direct your call?
請問您要找誰
Yes. Yes, of course. Um, one moment, please.
好的,好的,沒問題,請稍等
Dejavu. Hello, again.
又見面了
Good to see you. Nice to see you.
很高興見到你們, 你好
So, how may I be of service?
有什么需要我幫忙的嗎
Well, we would like to hire you as our attorney, Mr. McGill.
我們想雇你當我們的律師,麥吉爾先生
Wow. Really?
真的嗎
However, we have certain conditions,
但是我們有一些條件
and these are not up for debate.
你必須接受
We want no jail time -- zero.
我們不想坐牢,完全不想
Craig is innocent, and we expect you to prove that.
克雷格是清白的,我們希望你能證明
We won't see his name smeared like this any longer.
我們不想再讓他的名聲遭到如此誹謗
Um, can we back up just a scooch?
能先別著急嗎
'Cause last time we spoke, you were very enthusiastic --
上次你們還非常肯定
you were positively insistent about being represented by HHM.
堅持要委托哈姆林麥吉爾聯合律所
Well, uh... That's all right.
沒事,不用加
We've parted ways.
我們意見不合
May I ask why?
為什么呢
We...disagreed with their defense strategy.
我們不同意他們的辯護策略
Okay.
好吧
They treated us like we were guilty.
他們當我們是罪犯
So, your previous objections to my representing you are now...
之前拒絕我為你們代理,而現在...
Oh, I'm sorry about my bluntness at our last encounter.
抱歉,上次是我沒想清楚
Unfortunate.
很不幸
Yeah, I -- but we really --
沒錯,但我們
we're very sorry about that.
我們對此非常抱歉
We thought long and hard about it,
我們深思熟慮過后
and, um, we...
我們...
And, you know, given your passion
考慮到你的熱情
and your can-do attitude... mm-hmm. Mm-hmm.
和你敢于挑戰的態度
...we really --
我們真心
We just believe that you're the lawyer for us. For us, yes.
相信你就是我們的律師, 沒錯
Well, as flattered as I am by this,
這么說真是抬舉我
um, since we last spoke,
但自從上次以后
I've changed my area of specialization,
我轉變了主攻領域
so I concentrate on Elder law now.
現在專注于老年法
But, I mean, you said that you would fight for us.
但你說過會全力幫我們
Yeah, you... you were -- you were adamant.
沒錯,你當時...相當堅定
You promised to get us a not-guilty verdict.
你答應過幫我們拿到無罪判決
I don't think I exactly promised that.
我不是這么答應的
You said we would be client number one,
你說我們會是頭號委托人
morning, noon, or night, and --
全天候待命
Yes, and I meant what I said, at the time,
沒錯,我當時是認真的
But times change.
但是今非昔比
But we've already paid you a retainer.
但我們已經付了預付金
Right. A retainer.
沒錯,預付金
That is what you called it.
你們就這么叫吧
That was your specific terminology.
這是你們律師的術語
It -- could you excuse me for a moment?
抱歉我失陪一下
I, uh, had a big gulp on the way over.
我憋了很久了
Hey, there.
你好
Funny story.
有意思
I found something that belongs to you -- again.
我再次找到了屬于你的東西
Yeah? What? - "Who?"
是嗎,是什么, 是"誰"
Picture "The 25th Hour,” starring Ned and Maude Flanders.
想象一下弗蘭德夫婦主演《第25小時》
Oh, christ. The Kettlemans?
天,凱特爾曼夫婦嗎
You lose any other clients today?
今天還流失了其他客戶嗎
Yeah.
沒錯
Mr. And Mrs. Cuckoo Bananas
瘋子先生和太太
just offered me the plum job of defending them.
把辯護的肥差給了我
They came to you?
他們去找你了
Yeah, I know.
可不是嘛
I don't know what you did to piss them off,
我不清楚你怎么惹毛了他們
but it must have been good.
但肯定不得了
W-What did they tell you?
他們說了什么
Not much, just, uh, that you treated them
沒說什么,只說了你
like they were guilty. Jesus.
把他們當罪犯, 天哪
Look, Jimmy...I know...
吉米,我知道...
I know this is a lot to ask,
這樣要求很過分
but you have to convince them to come back to HHM.
但你得說服他們回我們律所
I Do, Huh? Yes.
是嗎, 沒錯
Please. It's important.
求你了,這很重要
What's it worth to you? Jimmy, I'm serious.
你覺得值嗎, 吉米,我沒說笑
They left because they think they can win this case,
他們離開是因為他們覺得能打贏官司
but they can't.
但他們贏不了
I managed to scrape together --
根本沒什么有利因素
from practically nothing, I might add --
我東拼西湊才提出一個協議
a deal they should feel lucky to have.
他們應該感到幸運才是
This is their absolute best bet.
這才是最有希望的辦法
Please...
求你了...
make them understand it's better for them if they come back.
告訴他們,回來是更好的選擇
Tell me about this deal.
跟我說說這協議
Elder law?
老年法
I don't know what that is.
我不知道他什么意思
Yeah, me neither.
我也不知道
Elder. Do you think...
老年,你覺得...
Maybe if we were old --
也許如果我們老了...
Sorry. Whoo! Oh.
久等
The mysteries of the bladder. Right?
膀胱到底能裝多少呢
So, how do we get started?
所以怎么說
Do you need us to sign that little paper?
要簽那份合同嗎
I am -I am very sorry,
我感到非常抱歉
but I'm afraid I can't take your case.
但我恐怕接不了你們的案子
My schedule is just -- it's just chock-full right now.
我的日程排得滿滿當當
I highly encourage you to go back to HHM.
強烈建議你們回哈姆林麥吉爾聯合律所
I'm certain they would welcome you with open arms.
我確定他們會非常歡迎你們
No, we're not going back there.
不,我們不回去
They were... incompatible.
跟他們...合不來
I understand.
我懂
They asked you to face some harsh realities,
他們讓你們面對殘酷的現實
and I get it -- no one likes that.
我理解,沒人喜歡
But bottom line here -Kim Wexler is a fine attorney.
但最重要的是金·韋克斯勒是個好律師
She has a great relationship with the D.A.
她和地方檢察官關系很好
Much as I'd love to sing my own praises,
雖然我很想自吹自擂
I doubt I could get you a deal
但我很可能搞不定
as good as the one she already has.
比她更好的協議
Okay, we don't want a deal.
我們不想要"協議"
We want you, our lawyer, to exonerate Craig.
我們希望你,我們的律師,還他清白
"Exonerate"?
"還他清白"
That is, uh -- that is a big word,
有點言過其實了
particularly in your case.
特別是你們這個官司
Yeah, there will be no deal.
我們不會接受什么協議
There is no money with which to make a deal.
我們根本沒貪,談什么協議
We -- can we all three just parachute down from cloud cuckoo land?
我們不要再自欺欺人了好嗎
'Cause we know, without question, there is money.
因為我們心知肚明,錢是有的
No, there... I distinctly remember a spirited game
不,沒有, 我清楚地記得為了這袋錢
of tug-of-war over this money,
我們曾激烈地拔河呢
Money which we then discussed at length.
這筆錢我們討論了好久
You made many excuses
你找了很多借口
justifying your possession of said money.
來為這筆錢辯護
It's there. It exists.
錢是有的
S-shh. Now, just, please, for my own sanity...
拜托,我快要瘋了...
You can't hide a big bag of cash forever,
你們不可能把一大袋錢藏一輩子
and you certainly will never be able to spend any of it.
也肯定花不了其中的一分錢
So, go back to HHM, apologize to Ms. Wexler,
所以還是回律所,向韋克斯勒小姐道歉
and for Christ's sakes, take the deal.
然后接受那個協議
If there were any money --
如果真有錢的話
Lady, enough!
女士,夠了
If there were any money,
如果真有錢的話
there would have to be a full accounting of it.
那就要進行全面結算
Every penny would have to be present --
每一分錢都要拿出來
Every single penny.
每一分錢
You understand?
你懂了吧
All of it.
全部
That includes the $30,000 that you --
包括給你那三萬...
Craig, yes, he gets it. Okay. Yeah, he gets it.
克雷格,他懂了, 好吧,他懂了
We're in this together, Mr. McGill...
不管發生什么,麥吉爾先生
Come what may.
我們是一條船上的
Now where do we begin?
現在我們怎么辦
There you go. Kettleman -- that's all of it.
你要的凱特爾曼的卷宗,全在這兒了
Where's Kim?
金呢
We moved her over to the east wing.
她搬到東翼去了
The east wing? That's the cornfield.
東翼,玉米地那邊
Why are you sending her to the cornfield, Howard?
為什么把她搬到玉米地那邊,霍華德
Never heard it called that before.
以前從沒這么叫過
Well, that's what you call it.
你就是這么叫的
You gonna punish her
你要懲罰她
just 'cause you lost those two batshit Kettlemans?
就因為你失去了那對精神錯亂的客戶
You notice I'm not exactly crowing over
你看我一點都沒有因為
how I snaked them away from you.
挖走了你的客戶而洋洋得意
Jimmy, here are your files.
吉米,這是你要的卷宗
I'm not gonna discuss my employee policies with you.
我懶得跟你討論我的員工政策
I'm gonna need some help here.
我還需要人來幫忙
Yeah...
是啊...
You sure are.
的確如此
That prick firing you?
那個混蛋要開除你嗎
Best-case scenario is my 2-year plan
最佳情況也是,我的兩年計劃
iust became a 10-year plan.
現在變成十年計劃了
That schmuck. You didn't do anything wrong.
那個蠢貨,你沒做錯什么
I lost the client. Not your fault.
我丟客戶了, 不是你的錯
They're not really playing with a full deck --
他們已經神志不清了
Those Kettlemans.
凱特爾曼兩口子
You had to take their case?
你要接他們的案子
I'm sorry, okay? I tried. I r-I really did.
對不起,我試過了,我真盡力了
I'm not being fair. Of course you tried.
我有點強人所難了,你當然盡力了
They'll do what they want to do.
他們想怎么做是他們的事
Hope you didn't promise them too much.
希望你沒有對他們夸下海口
I doubt you'll be able to do more for them
我不相信你能做得
than we were offering.
比我們律所還好
You think very highly of my skills, obviously.
你對我的實力評價很高嘛
It's not that, Jimmy. It's a loser case.
不是這個意思,吉米,這個官司輸定了
That deal was their best chance.
那個協議是他們最好的機會了
After I worked my ass off finagling with the D.A.,
我累死累活跟地檢官兜圈子
and it's just like... whatever.
結果呢... 算了
There's got to be a way, you know?
肯定還是有辦法的,對吧
I take it to court... You'll lose.
待我上了庭... 你輸定了
Kettleman did a terrible job covering his tracks.
凱特爾曼連如何銷毀證據都不會
For starters,
首先
they've got reams of checks he wrote for false expenses.
他開了大量虛假開支的支票
And I can't even challenge their admission into evidence
我只能眼巴巴看著它們被歸為證據
because he wrote them to himself.
因為那是他開給自己的
I know we're never supposed to say our clients are guilty,
我知道我們絕不能承認委托人是有罪的
but, hey, not my client anymore --
但是,反正也不是我的委托人了
He's guilty as sin.
他罪不可赦
Yeah, but there has to be something --
好吧,但是應該有辦法...
Some loophole or... None that I could find.
有什么漏洞或者, 反正我找不出了
There has to be a way.
一定有什么辦法的
Not without the money.
吐錢就有辦法
It's the only chip those Kettlemans have,
這是凱特爾曼夫婦唯一的籌碼了
and they refuse to play it.
而他們卻不接受
And Anderson leads things off
在今晚的第二局中
in the top of the second inning here tonight.
安德森做首擊球員
First pitch -- curve ball for a strike.
第一投,曲線球未擊中
Count is 0-1.
比分0比1
There was some concern
本來有些擔心
that we'd have some light showers,
今晚會有小雨
but it looks like it's gonna be clear tonight.
不過看起來是杞人憂天了
Absolutely. That's a ball. 1-1.
是的, 一個壞球, 1比1
No.
天
Ortner readies.
奧特納爾準備好了
Throws, and it is a liner toward the gap in right-center field.
投球,是一記直奔右中場空區的直線球
Roberts on the run, reaches out...
羅伯茨開始跑了,接球...
And makes the grab.
接到球了
And that puts one away here in the second inning.
這樣第二局就領先一分了
Next up, the always imposing Lee.
下一個上場的是總是令人印象深刻的李
And he's had a great start this season.
這個賽季他有個不錯的開始
Jesus. Gets bigger every time I look at it.
天吶,每次看都覺得更多了
Thanks for not heading to the Bahamas with this.
感謝您沒有卷款潛逃
What are you doing?
你在做什么呢
"The right thing."
"正確的事情"
You know where you're going?
你知道要去哪里嗎
Yeah.
是的
Am I correct in assuming we're now square?
所以我們兩清了嗎
Square.
兩清了
Good morning.
早上好
Who is it, Craig?
是誰來了,克雷格
Oh,it's Mr. McGil!
是麥吉爾先生
Good morning. Come on in.
早上好,快請進吧
Oh, I love what you've done with the place.
我很喜歡你們的布置
Last time I was here, it was, uh, well, not a contender
我上次來的時候,這里還不能去競爭
for the cover of Good Housekeeping --
《好管家》雜志的封面呢
that's for sure.
那是肯定的
Do you have news about our case?
你有關于我們案件的進展了嗎
I do, in fact.
實際上,我有
But before we get to the nitty-gritty,
但是在我們直擊核心之前
I think we should chat about your deal.
我們應該先談談你們的協議
We told you -- there will be no deal.
我們告訴過你了,不接受協議
You did, didn't you?
你確實說過了
However, circumstances have changed.
但是,現在情況有變
What circumstances?
什么情況
To answer that, um,
為了回答這個問題
might I suggest that you go check on that money
我能建議你們先去檢查下那些錢嗎
you insist you didn't take?
就是你堅持說沒有貪的那些
In the upstairs bathroom, under the sink?
在樓上浴室的水池下面
Wait. How could you...
等等,你是怎么
Betsy!
貝茜
No! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! No!
不,不,不
It's okay. It's okay, betsy. It's got to be...
沒事的,貝茜,肯定是...
No. It's got to be in there somewhere.
不,它們肯定在這里的
What did you do with it?
你把它怎么了
By "It," You mean...
"它"指的是...
Where is it?!
錢在哪里
You mean the money. Uh, let me see.
你是指錢啊,讓我想想
Uh, it's, uh, on its way
它已經在路上了
to the D.A.'s desk right about now.
快到地檢官的桌子上了吧
What? You -- oh, you thief!
什么,你,你個小偷
Takes one to know one, doesn't it?
彼此彼此
He took it? How did you take it?
是他拿的嗎,你是怎么偷走的
A good magician never reveals his secrets.
一個好的魔術師從來不會揭曉自己的秘密
Now, here's what we're gonna do.
好了,接下來我們要這么做
Oh, you don't tell us what to do.
不需要你來告訴我們怎么做
You stole from us.
你偷了我們的錢
We'll -- we will have you arrested.
我們會讓警察逮捕你的
I-I can see how upset you are, and,
看得出你很生氣
even on a good day,
但即使是在你清醒的時候
you and logic are...
你也毫無邏輯...
But think about what you just said.
你剛說要逮捕我
Criminals have no recourse.
罪犯可沒法讓警察逮捕別人
And you two -- you're criminals, big-time.
而你們兩個就是徹頭徹尾的罪犯
How dare you?
你竟敢
Luckily, you have a very talented lawyer
幸運的是,你們那聰明絕頂的律師
who has found a way to minimize the damage
已經找到了方法
you've brought upon yourselves.
將傷害降到最低
Oh, you're fired.
你已經被炒了
Oh, I quit already. No, I'm talking about Kim Wexler.
我已經辭職了,我說的是金·韋克斯勒
Now, you're gonna go back to her,
現在你們要回去找她
you're gonna apologize for your hasty decision
為之前草率地終止她的代理
to terminate her services,
向她道歉
And you're gonna fall on her mercy and take that deal.
你們要接受她的好意,接受那份協議
We'll tell... about the bribe you took.
我們會說出你收我們賄賂的事情
You could do that. You absolutely could.
你可以那么做,當然可以
And I'd be in a mess of trouble --
那樣我就會陷入麻煩
A real pickle...
大麻煩
But so would you, Mrs. Kettleman.
但是你也一樣,凱特爾曼夫人
Cause right now, only Mr. Kettleman is on the hook
因為現在只有凱特爾曼先生
for the whole embezzlement kerfuffle.
被資產挪用這件爛事套牢了
But the bribe -- w-we're back to calling it a bribe? --
但是賄賂,怎么又把它叫做賄賂了
Yeah, that implicates you, as well.
這個也會影響到你的
It does not.
不會的
It was all me. No, it wasn't.
全都是我做的, 并不是
I'll make sure everyone knows that.
我保證會告訴大家的
Look on the bright side, you know?
往好的方面想想
They could work out some kind of
也許他們會想出
inter-prison visitation program, the occasional conjugal.
監獄間夫妻互相探視的項目
Maybe it won't be all bad.
也許也不算太糟糕
You -- you'll probably wind up running your own gang.
你也許還能組織自己的幫派呢
Thing you folks need to know about me --
你們要知道
I got nothing to lose.
我已經一無所有了
Christ, you should see my office.
天啊,可惜了我那漂亮的辦公室
No, it's not over. Yeah.
不,還沒有結束, 結束了
Let's find another lawyer.
我們再去找個律師
Come on, betsy. No, no.
好了,貝茜, 不,不
No. We don't have to put up with this.
不,我們不能容忍這樣
I will not be treated this way.
我絕不能受到這樣的對待
Betsy...the kids.
貝茜,還有孩子們
The...
孩子們
We have to do this...
我們必須要這么做
For the kids.
為了我們的孩子
They can't lose us both.
他們不能同時失去我們兩個
We have to.
我們必須要這樣做
No.
不
No.
不
It's okay.
會沒事的
It's okay.
都會好的
Thank you.
多謝了
Law offices of James M. McGill.
詹姆斯·麥吉爾法律辦公室
How may I direct your call?
請問找哪位